• icon"The software has improved over the years and has powerful reach."
  • icon"I really like the user friendliness and ease of use for myself and leads as well."
  • icon"Reasonably priced and wonderful customer support."
  • icon"There are construction related items that just don't apply to me. That does NOT mean they are Bad."
  • icon"But I still find it difficult. It's even difficult initially for me to understand what you are wanting me to review."
  • icon"When matched with a potential client...the online form asks for full name but most often potential clients only enter their first name which makes for awkward or unprofessional first contact."

All Houzz Pro Reviews

Company size: 2 - 10 employees

Outstanding Customer Support and Lead Generation

Micheal

June 2022

houzz pro maturing to another level

iniatialy used as a way to get homeowners leads its moving to an all professional construction software but still with limitations for Canada

Pros

Multiple functions CRM applications look and feel

Cons

For Canadians the product does not carry all the functionality and is still a little clunky

Reasons for choosing Houzz Pro

It connnects with hoemowners at another level

Jennifer Beaman

Houzz Pro works for my Design firm!

I really love having Houzz Pro working for my business to bring in leads for us and give us a platform to showcase our work. My Client Success Manager is awesome to work with, as well!

Pros

I like that its user friendly for prospects to see our projects and get in touch with us.

Cons

Making changes to the Projects pages is a bit challenging.

Response from Houzz

Thank you for your feedback, Jennifer. We're happy to hear Houzz has given you a stage to show off your great work and that your Client Success Manager has been a great asset in your journey. At the same time, we'd love to hear more about your feedback on the projects page, and you can reach us anytime at http://help.houzz.com. -The Houzz Pro Team

Replied July 2021

September 2022

Really good deal of the money

We have kept them the longest of the CRMs we've tried. They're not perfect but still better than most other fplatform.

Pros

Houzz has so many features we haven't used all of them yet.

Cons

The search function is none existent and managing messages is clunky.

They are the number 1 site for home improvement

Price and usability

Linda

Houzz Pro

Saves some time and is convenient for customers.

Pros

Being able to keep all Leads and Projects in one place is helpful. Having the option for electronic signatures on Estimates makes giving the go ahead on projects much easier for the customer.

Cons

In our jurisdiction we have 2 taxes to collect. On Estimates, they can be entered on the line items but are combined when totaled. I have to go back and manually figure out the 2 subtotals as they have to be submitted separately to provincial and federal departments. I have been having problems with the software- when I type into it it becomes scrambled nonsense. Tech support has been unable to resolve this (since March 2022). I have received multiple email that it is resolved "case closed" but it has never been fixed and at this point I have just given up on requesting a new case.

Reasons for switching to Houzz Pro

Was using Houzz for marketing.

Shannon

Houzz is our 1 Stop Platform

Houzz makes me want to hit my desk and get to work. They give us the professional front that we want while making it easy to manage all parts of the process from design to enjoy!

Pros

There is a lot... everything we could ever need and I don't worry about platforms integrating. It's integrated!

Cons

There is a lot to learn! The curve is big, but the support is incredible! So don't let the amount of learning stop you. Once you have all of the parts of the platform running it is seamless and extremely valuable.

Reasons for switching to Houzz Pro

This is far superior and specific to the work we do. Also, people know Houzz so it's like being a realtor with RE/MAX! The client might not know the agent, but they know the brand.

lindsay

October 2022

HOUZZ PRO for the small buiness contractor

I have had an overall positive experience using Houzz pro. We are a new buiness and we were a little frazzled about where to begin to start making professional estimates to send to potential customers. We wanted something that was easy to do with our mobile phones so we wouldn't have to lug around a lap top all day. Houzz pro delivered on what we were needing right now.

Pros

I like that Houzz pro is so simple to use. It is great for someone who is just now getting started up and not really sure how to begin creating professional estimates and invoices.

Cons

I don't like that it has the messaging feature within the app and the only way for that feature to work is if the customer was to download the app as well.

Reasons for choosing Houzz Pro

We chose houzz pro mostly because of the cost. We also found it to be very simple to use.

Annette

Industry: Architecture & Planning

"Marketing, Production and Financial Tools that show promise for professionals"

We started the Houzz Pro subscription to update our professional profile, create a new website and give ourselves more exposure. All of these goals have been achieved and we feel our overall experience with [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] has been a pleasure. As a former creative director, I directed her with my vision to see through every detail of the profile, our projects and the website design/content.

Pros

Learning and using the Leads and Projects features/functions has been a good way to track jobs as long as you have a dedicated person managing it. Some of the other tools like mood boards and 3D tools have not been tested out yet, but seem like they would add value working with clients in the future.

Cons

1. The fact that you can't print out leads details has been a challenge and should be made available. Taking a screen capture to then print out is added time. 2. When scheduling project tasks, I would also like to print out the detail and hours for each task entered. This would help with sending out monthly invoices on jobs and tracking employee tasks. 3. Many times a lead comes in and we respond, but then Houzz Pro sends out an email to us to ask if we've followed up? 4. I found out from our accountant that QBonline does not integrate with QBdesktop. So, while we like the Estimate, Invoices and Change Order tools provided by Houzz Pro, we still need to have our bookkeeper "re-enter" these once a month into QBdesktop to keep track of everything. So this adds some extra time too.

Reasons for choosing Houzz Pro

Houzz had been used by many professionals in the Architectural/Landscape Architect space that felt very updated. Once we got into using it, it was clear that many tools, including all the analytics would benefit our business.

Response from Houzz

Annette, thank you for your detailed feedback! We're constantly improving Houzz Pro, and input like yours is completely invaluable in that process. Should you ever run into any issues, please reach out to us at http://help.houzz.com. -The Houzz Pro Team

Replied July 2021

Brigid

Houzz Pro Helped my Design Business Grow for 8 years

Excellent.

Pros

The software helps me stay organized, obtain new leads, design spaces, make material selections, showcase my completed work, and obtain reviews from my clients.

Cons

I have been waiting for a few updates for a while. One of the things that I need the most is adding in knee walls. I do a lot of bathroom projects and add knee walls to many of them. I also terribly miss the Room Boards in the new software and look forward to when they return.

Response from Houzz

Brigid - so happy to hear your feedback. Knee walls are coming this month! We have many 3D updates released recently and in the works. Please do let support know when you have asks and suggestions - we track them all and work through them based on the number of customer requests.

Replied October 2022

Tyler

One stop shop

We use Houzz to store and nurture all of our leads. We create take-offs, estimates & invoices. And we use Houzz for ongoing client communications throughout our projects. We are starting to generate more POs in Houzz also.

Pros

Houzz is the closest operations tool we could find to a "One stop shop" for our construction & remodeling firm.

Cons

We don't like that texts only send to the primary contact number. We want to have the function of sending communications to all the listed contacts with one message. Plus, we want to be able to enter more than one contact within the lead stage, vs. having to wait until the lead is a project. Also, we do not like that client meetings cannot be scheduled once a lead is converted to a project.

Reasons for choosing Houzz Pro

Houzz offered more features that we wanted

Reasons for switching to Houzz Pro

Houzz offered the most comprehensive set of tools within one tool for our general contracting & CRM needs.

Gökan

Industry: Aviation & Aerospace

Better with Houzz Pro

Houzz is one of the best augmented reality applications with its features and works. Especially the perfect product placement and the fact that it makes the coatings look real are great details. If you want to renovate your house, have it repaired or buy a new piece of furniture, Houzz is a must-see application. Thus, you get the chance to test expensive transactions such as home renovation and furniture shopping beforehand.

Pros

You can produce up to 20 million high-resolution photos in the app. It's kind of like an infinite number of photos. Its interface meets my expectations very well. It is user friendly software.

Cons

It would be better if it integrates with more software. But it is still a very good product.

Afnan

October 2022

I enjoy this application and recommended people to use it

amazing app very helpful ,i recommended people to use.

Pros

the most thing that I love about the app that it is keeps you informed in architecture and interior design world ,you can follow the designers you interested in there jobs ,very helpful if you still fresh in design world ,also you can post your job in it to make everyone else see it.

Cons

it is a little complicated to use , i hope it is more easy and simple application.

Jenny

Industry: Architecture & Planning

November 2022

Pros

Exposure, views on a broad platform. Account contact.

Cons

Cost, sometimes no direct inquiry notifications

Kelly

Industry: Building Materials

Quality Lead Generating Software and Excellent Customer Service

Early on, we realized the number of referrals seemed lower than expected; however, the quality was excellent. By the time the client contacts you, they are ready to purchase, so the sales workload is lighter on our end.

Pros

We have been using HOUZZ for several years for lead generation. The monthly customer support has been a great way to keep us up to date and relevant to our clients. Running a small business is time-consuming, so all the help is appreciated. The leads generated from Houzz have been solid, high-quality leads. One of the main reasons we decided to try them is when we moved practically every search we did for products we needed for our new house yielded a Houzz suggestion on the first page of our search. We know they stay on top of their SEO, so we have been happy with the product.

Cons

I can't say anything negative about the software. The hardest thing to do is get people to write a review on your HOUZZ page. If you focus on reviews, it will keep you on track. Reviews can make you or break you. So be prepared to ask for reviews. The customer service people will also help you learn how to ask for reviews and even send messages to your clients to ask for reviews for you, which is another reason we like working with Houzz.

Ewa

Great for Interior Designers

Very happy

Pros

Industry-specific features make it a great solution for interior designers. Wonderful personalized support from the Houzz Team, is always appreciated.

Cons

The virtual site-measure tool needs improvement - not sure if the technology is there yet, but as is it requires that the measure options are on the same level - easy with empty spaces, hard when there are furniture pieces in the way. Can't wait for that tool to improve in the future!

Enjoyed Ivy, easy transition

Response from Houzz

Thank you for your review, Ewa. I'm very happy to hear Houzz Pro and your dedicated success manager have been great resources to you as an interior designer. If you'd be willing to connect with me, I would like to hear more of your feedback on our floor planner to take that input back to our product team. -Isaiah Brown, Houzz Pro Community Manager

Replied January 2022