All Houzz Pro Reviews

Outstanding Customer Support and Lead Generation

Danielle

Reviewed April 2022

All-in-one great software

So far my experience is great. I'm looking forward to transitioning to this platform permanently for our business needs.

PROS

Easy functionality and business management especially with estimates.

CONS

No dislikes so far. The software is easy to understand.

Reasons for switching to Houzz Pro

Needed more function options to handle business complexities. Also the design software.

Gina

Design, 1 employee

Houzz Software Program

PROS

I find the software useful for floor plans and design concepts in 2D/3D which helps clients visualise space layouts and style. The ability to put together proposals, financials and have all relevant communications under each project for easy access is helpful. Support people are helpful.

CONS

The credit card payment facility needs addressing with a 1.4% slug out of your invoice for card payments. The program is still a little clunky but is definitely improving with software updates coming through.

Kevin

Information Technology and Services, 1 employee

BUYER BEWARE

PROS

3D renderings were not bad Had some options for furniture templates

CONS

I highly recommend against this app. Sure, there are a lot of “free trials” out there that make you put in a credit card number, and then you forget to cancel in time, and then they charge you. Be warned, this app will charge you $199 per month, and if you cancel even a minute after your renewal, they will stick to their terms and screw you out of your money even though you don’t want to use their service. I was unfortunately on vacation in Mexico at the time my trial was expiring so I missed it when it came through. I cancelled probably 7 or 8 hours after the renewal deadline when I finally saw it. Like I said, I would avoid this app like the plague. Also, besides the money scam, this app is so-so in terms of features. They are trying to create a “do everything” app, and the end result comes out weak.

Hi Kevin, please contact me so that we can make this right. We have a grace period that should have easily covered this.

Replied June 2024

Tatiana

All in one

Houzz Pro has been a great way to manage and maintain my design clients and business. I really like how it is an "all in one" system for everything you might need including 3D renderings, mood boards, project management, clients contact system, and a lot more. In the past I have had to have multiple systems to manage my business and with Houzz Pro I am covered.

PROS

Houzz Pro is a great place for designers to run their entire business from. We love that we can track everything for each project, invoices, time & expenses, client projects, and more.

CONS

I wish there was a contact management system for prospects.

Reason for choosing Houzz Pro

It's a all in one system to manage my business.

Reasons for switching to Houzz Pro

All in one to manage my business with houzz pro and challenging issues with sketch up.

Hi Tatiana, we do have CRM built into the tool - please don't hesitate to reach out for help

Replied April 2024

Lydia

Building Materials, 1 employee

One click in the app

So far so good. I love the one click from the home page!

PROS

I'm a business owner of a cabinetry company and I needed something to help me manage all my clients, the frequent change orders, add new leads, and upload notes or documents. I really like the "Create New" feature which gives me the ability to add an expense, clock in time, invoice, or provide an estimate with one click on the main landing page. I don't have to "dig" into an app to accomplish a task

CONS

Many of my customers have multiple rooms. I can't seem to easily navigate the "selections" section. This is probably just me figuring out the learning curve. I can't also seem to figure out how to add an expense that is only related to overhead costs (screws/tool repair/replacement etc.)

Reason for choosing Houzz Pro

The videos were short and easy to watch, upfront pricing, discount from agent

Marnie

Reviewed May 2024

Variety but that's about it

PROS

I like the variety in it. You can purchase products, find professionals, potential people finding you.

CONS

I don't like how it's not the most streamlined in reaching out to a contact that has an inquiry. It doesn't really create any leads at all.

Liam

Real Estate, 11-50 employees

HOUZZ PRO IS AN EXCELLENT RESOURCE

PROS

EAS OF USE AND LEADS AS WELL AS ABILITY TO SHOWCASE WHATWE GAVE DINE FOR CLIENTS

CONS

DIFFICULTY LAUNCHING WEB SITE MAINKY BUT THATS IT

Melanie

Online Media, 2-10 employees

Used monthly for more than 2 years

Reviewed June 2024

The perfect solution for builders!

Love the initial set up, website integration for reviews & mobile app.

PROS

We started with Houzz to showcase our clients reviews on their website, and then leared how powerful their Pro version was. Great for local advertising as an efficient alternative to social media marketing. The project management is an incredible tool used by the clients whole company.

CONS

Had some issues connecting with Quickbooks, but was helped with the customer support team.

Tiffany

We Love Houzz Pro

We are just getting started but we are so excited about Houzz Pro. It will allow us to cut out so many processes we currently have and have them all contained within Houzz Pro. Talk about a win!

PROS

Houzz Pro is so user friendly! It had been so easy to start up and get everything going!

CONS

I have not found anything we do not like as of yet!

Design, 1 employee

Great for startup!

Great! I would highly recommend to anyone with a remodeling or design business.

PROS

I just launched my own business, houzz pro provides all of the software I need and more.

CONS

Nothing to complain about at this point.

Reason for choosing Houzz Pro

It was included with the marketing price for Houzz. It was a no-brainer!

Vanessa

Design, 11-50 employees

Reviewed January 2023

Great software for Interior Designers

Overall houzz is a very valuable tool for my business, and helps our design firm source and track products for our clients

PROS

Our team uses Houzz Pro to source product for clients, track billable hours, send proposals to clients, invoice clients, create purchase orders, and track products through installation. Essentially I view Houzz Pro as a fantastic PRODUCT MANAGEMENT software.

CONS

Some things I dont like about Houzz Pro; it could be much more robust when it comes to helping a manager of a larger design firm manage time and billable hours, etc. I wish there was a dashboard where I could see real time info on who is clocked in for billable time, how many billable hours our team has recorded for the month or year, as well as sales data reporting. I used to own a boutique and used Quickbooks Point of Sale and it had an amazing dashboard where I could customize the reports and see all sorts of important info as the business owner. All that data is inside Houzz but there's not an admin dashboard that at a glance gives you data reporting. Also the CRM feature could be better.

Reason for choosing Houzz Pro

I actually use Asana in tandem with Houzz Pro. I chose Houzz Pro over Mydoma though because I personally liked the interface more.

Vicki

Reviewed March 2023

HP... a work in progress!

We do like the system overall! The client facing system is professional; however, there are several enhancements we are waiting for to make this a one stop shop for our clients and our projects.

PROS

We love the room boards and file storage.

CONS

There is a LONG way to go to get the Selections Reports we need without doctoring the documents we export from HP. Also... the online payment options are confusing and have caused us to look foolish as it is not easy to navigate for our clients.

Reason for choosing Houzz Pro

Getting into the systems and trying them!

Reasons for switching to Houzz Pro

Houzz Pro was MUCH easier to use and Interior Design Focused.

Gaby

Architecture & Planning, 2-10 employees

Reviewed April 2024

Great if you are managing multiple projects

For the past 8 years, Houzz/Ivy has been the only interior design management software I have used in my business. It was previously called Ivy until Houzz purchased them. I have done little research on other software, and no other has all the features Houzz has, and the ones that come close to having look exactly the same as Houzz - literal copy, which I don't condone.

PROS

What I like the most is that I can manage the entire project from one platform. I definitely don't use all the features provided, like the 3D drawing, because it's a bit basic for my line of work, but everything else is great.

CONS

What I like the least is that they keep updating the software, which doesn't carry through all the projects. For example, an older project will look different (action buttons in different locations)from the newer ones. Now you are going back and forth, spending time finding what you need.

Reasons for switching to Houzz Pro

Ivy was purchased by Houzz and was no longer working.

Danielle

Keeping it Real

Being able to run Design and Construct business in the one program is ideal. There are areas for improvement, however overall it has given our clients a better user experience for being able to better communicate our design and build ideas, proposals and updating clients about the project during construction.

PROS

Love that it has the option to provide a well rounded service from start to finish in handling clients from lead stage, to design, quotation proposals and build management. Not many options out there that combine design and construction components in one program.

CONS

Leads that come through are hit and miss. A lot of scam leads. However, have had some very successful leads. Needs little better handling and efficiency across the system and better user friendly interface for the app.

Reason for choosing Houzz Pro

That it co-ordinated both design and build together

Javier

Architecture & Planning, 2-10 employees

Reviewed January 2024

Great Platform For Architects and Designers

Overall we are very happy with Houzz and hope to be able to continue being one of their Houzz Pro clients.

PROS

I like how it has evolved into a design focused platform, and how its focusing on helping professionals manage businesses. Our primary interest in Houzz was to have an additional portfolio that could be easily found by prospective clients. Next our focus was keeping up to date with customer satisfaction. Currently we have found better and better clients who have found us through Houzz. This company has definitely focused on improving itself.

CONS

The cost is a bit too high for us currently.

Reason for choosing Houzz Pro

We focus mostly on the marketing value of houzz, not the project management aspect.

Ricardo

Reviewed May 2023

Every thing is at my fingertips.

Absolutely the most comprehensive and complete management app I have used, currently.

PROS

The start-up tool and the photo measurement tool. Very easy to use.

CONS

An accounting tool like Quickbooks but part of the Houzz Pro management package. Maybe integration of financing options for potential clients. It would completely overtake the market. It would put Houzz Pro in a position of exclusivity no one could dismiss.

Reason for choosing Houzz Pro

While these other product are very valuable in what they offer: accounting software, financing options for clients and crm programs, Houzz Pro has done a far superior job in the estimating/invoicing/pricing/online payments and the communication platform for messaging between clients and contractor.

Reasons for switching to Houzz Pro

The catalog of services in the estimating area of the product.

Marlena

Reviewed October 2021

We love Houzz Pro

Love it!

PROS

It has everything we need to successfully run our business.

CONS

There were some frustrating glitches happening when Houzz took over Ivy but they seem to be worked out for now.

Reasons for switching to Houzz Pro

We were looking for a product that was specific to our industry and this is it! It has everything you need to run an interior design business!

Hi, Marlena, thank you for the review and recommendation! We've put a lot of hard work into improving Houzz Pro since its debut and we're happy to hear you agree that it's come a long way. -The Houzz Pro Team

Replied October 2021