• Pros

• "easy to use, easy to learn and very functional "

• "I like the ease of use, reporting features are great, and overall experience is excellent. I also like the fact that I can be anywhere in the world and log into my account."

• "This software is really fast and loads much quickly. It is very user friendly and you can toggle between fields quickly."

• Cons

• "When going deeper into editing, it can get a bit confusing, but it is easy to learn what steps you have to take to edit a particular piece of a page. "

• "The learning curve could be a little high, but once you learn the basics is super easy to use."

• "Sometimes it can have issues, Stuff won't act right, this is once in a while still a great product in my opinion."

Browse NetSuite Reviews

Scott from CFO Solutions

NetSuite can handle most any business

NetSuite is a very stable and customizable software that can handle almost any business. The software works will for midsize businesses as it can be cost prohibitive for smaller companies.

Pros

NetSuite is customizable for most any business. Once set up, the software is easy to use. The software is very stable and reliable. No downtime and you can access it from any web browser.

Cons

Setup can be somewhat complicated. There are so many features to set up you may require professional services to set up the software to be able to use it. NetSuite's licensing fees add up and get expensive with more users and features. Cost can be prohibitive for some smaller businesses.

Josh from NewLife Industries

Best ERP System on the market for small to mid-size companies

Bringing NetSuite into our environment was the single greatest decision I've made as the President of the company. NetSuite has helped realign our internal processes, make us significantly more efficient, and has saved us a significant amount of money while increasing our margins.

Pros

Mobility of use Demand Planning capabilities Finance depth and management

Cons

Cost Project managers lack the knowledge of the developers, which brings about frustrations to the end user on deliverabilities not being met.

July 2015

July 2015

Too Complicated for Daily Use

Netsuite was chosen by our company around 9 months ago and has been in use since January 2015. Implementation was long process and was expensive. Costs include the purchase of main licence, an expensive per-person licence, paying a consulting firm to run the implementation project and having a dedicated in-house employee as "admin" to support the other users. Netsuite has brought some great changes to our company and improved our record keeping hugely. It has also brought transparency to many of the processes and highlighted bottlenecks. There are many downsides however, we have run into a plethora of technical problems with logic and programming along the way, while error messages abound (much to the annoyance and over-work of the consultant's team). All of the glitches have been worked out and customer service from the NS themselves has been extremely fast and professional. Adding to the downsides, Netsuite is probably the LEAST intuitive system I have used since the 90s. It really seems like it is stuck in the past. There are hardly any icons, no drag and drop and navigation is inconsistent. Additionally, as a general manager, I need to extract information and data quickly and easily, but I cannot. Every time I want to extract data I have to go to our in-house admin for her to "write a search" in a logic/language that took her months to learn. Nobody else has time to learn that, so nobody else can do it. To my knowledge, NS has poor graphing capabilities and is very rigid in that I cannot easily change the way data is displayed once it is graphed. Usually, if I want data and I have not got time to wait for the admin to write the search pattern for me, I just export a large amount of data with a predefined/standard search and filter it and graph it with Excel - but this always begs the question, why are we paying through the nose for a program (NS) that is so difficult to use that it forces me to use another program (Excel) to make up for its inadequacies? I could go on with the downsides of how unusable it is from a manger's point of view - there is a lot to say, but I think you get the picture. The biggest downfall of Netsuite for me is that it is so hard to use that staff really do not want to use it. This is particularly evident in the sales department. They will only really use it for what they really have to use it for: making quotes, so we lose out. Customer data does not get sufficiently recorded, project details are lacking, contacts are hard to look up, customer account history is never recorded (we can't even find the field to put that in). Other systems we used before, e.g. Zoho CRM, Pipedrive and even Excel, are easy to use and therefore get used by the staff. A system such as Netsuite might have a beautifully coded backend, but if it discourages use through extreme user-unfriendliness, it becomes an almost useless system.

Pros

Solid back end Keeps excellent and accurate records that are easily audited Brings transparency to processes

Cons

Too difficult to use and therefore staff refrain from using it for all but the most essential tasks Requires an in-house expert to help run the system Requires months of repeated training to get staff up to speed Poor for tracking customer account history Extremely difficult to extract and graph the data that you need from it Rigid and hard to change display and parameters of any data displays Very expensive

maha from CAS Miami

Netsuite evaluation

Inventory Management, multiple businesses.

Pros

It is dynamic and can do many things, lots of functionality.

Cons

It is very difficult for the average person to work in NS. It takes a lot of training and users must work in specific areas of NS due to this complexity. The trainees make it sound it is easy to use, but it is not.

Gregor from Dealer FX

Dealer-FX Review

Pros

Customizable reports and search functions, automatic consolidation of multiple companies, foreign currency translation, import functions.

Cons

Difficulty in customer / parent company set up and recurring billing. ability to post recurring entries into prior periods that are closed. Taxonomy that is the same name for different types of fields creates difficulty in custom searches or reports

Bonnie from ExtenData Solutions, LLC

Industry: Computer Hardware

Great product

Pros

cloud based very user friendly easy to customize reports captures every change so has a great audit trail

Cons

not as robust in some areas as I would like (budgeting module, marketing module) updates sometimes wipe out custom built reports (areas that were reported on no longer available) pricey, price increases every year

Jennifer from Goodwill of Silicon Valley

Great Customer Service

Pros

Honestly the best thing I like about NetSuite is how easy it is to contact Customer Service and how helpful they are. The user/admin guides are also very detailed and the patch notes they include with updates keep us well informed.

Cons

I wish NSPOS had more modules, everything seems to require customizations.

Paul from Jans Mountain Recreation Experts

An Excellent Company Hub

Having a centralized database for all my company functions have led to new, better business processes and efficiencies.

Pros

NetSuite Suite Commerce Advanced acts as central hub for my Point of Sale, Ecomm Platform, Inventory, and CRM.

Cons

The rollout was slow and the customizations have taken a long time to come into fruition which can be frustrating.

Beno from Exaktime

It will get the job done

Overall it gets the job done. It will be useful for complex companies. Once you get used to it, you remember where to navigate, but I had to make a step by step guide in the beginning to know the click path. I've used cleaner designed CRM systems like Sales Force and Microsoft Dynamic 365, but this does get the job done at the end of the day.

Pros

The sky is limitless. For a CRM system you have many tabs and features to use.

Cons

It's not as easy to navigate as some other CRM systems that I have used. It looks a bit older and not as modern as some of the other CRM systems. There is a lot going on and you really have to focus when learning how to operate this CRM system. I don't like the fact that there is not way for the system to automatically pop up reminders for phone calls, emails to be made. You have to leave manual reminders and then go back to close them out yourself. There is no real click to action command to get rid of follow-ups.

Adeoye from City of Seat Pleasant

Great Cloud Based System

It just made everything faster and more efficient. Purchase Orders, Invoices, reports could all be done electronically and without much effort. There was a system log to hold people accountable. Anything late, altered, changed, etc could be seen and noted(date, person, and time down to the second). Departments no longer had to wait for a meeting to know their budgets. They could log in and see the numbers in real time. The customer service team always responded fast and helped me with the problems I had. We could also store invoices and check copies onto their secured server. So basically this helped the office become more efficient while going green.

Pros

That it is cloud based. This helped me solve a lot of problems when I was not physically in my office. If I was sick, on vacation, or away from the office at night I could still answer questions. I didn't need to drive in and log into the software that was on the company server.

Cons

There is a lot to the system. While it can most likely do everything you need it to, there is also a learning curb that comes with it. Some of it can be self taught, while others can be covered via a youtube video. For other issues you need help on you would need to contact the customer service team. So basically the thing I liked least was that there is so much that sometimes it is hard to find what you need.

Eric from Meridian business Services

Industry: Wholesale

A future proof platform for your business

Its hands down the best platform on the market for distributors. With Amazons impact on B2B eCommerce distributors are looking for new eCommerce avenues and NetSuite seamlessly provides this as a part of the solution.

Pros

Throughout my career I have worked with a lot of enterprise software platforms. The thing I like most about NetSuite is the ease of administration/maintenance and flexibility. It is an ERP, CRM, eCommerce and Business process development platform in one. Users are hard-pressed to find a business case they cant be custom developed a NetSuite with ease well writing through future software upgrades without headaches. This is extremely rare in enterprise software platforms. NetSuite is a future-proof platform for your business, you cant outgrow it, you wont have to worry about upgrades ever again, not to mention you will only have one system to run your entire business. You cant find that any where else!

Cons

The user interface has been somewhat outdated, but this is common in enterprise software and NetSuite is making huge strides to improve the GUI. Also the ability to slice and dice data on dashboards is a welcome feature coming in the next few releases.

NetSuite - Great ERP for mid-size/private companies

NetSuite is great overall. We have reliable numbers and the ability to create a search or report to facilitate data analysis. We have been able to automate a lot of processes (expenses, amortization, sales tax) and the interface is generally user-friendly.

Pros

NetSuite is scalable. I've used NetSuite at a company that was doing $200M+ in revenue and a company that is at $60M in revenue. I also really enjoy that NetSuite can be almost completely customized to your industry and business. NetSuite provides for a lot of automation of processes that Quickbooks cannot handle. It is also a better source of record-keeping as everything is somewhat seamlessly connected. The batch upload of journal entries/transactions and upload in general is extremely useful and saves so much time. My previous company used the Fixed Asset Module which was great for record keeping and for systematically recording amortization on a monthly basis. This was also extremely useful to ensure that our policy was uploaded as the amortization rule set, reducing errors in the amount of amortization per asset. The ability to report on the total assets and have their history in one spot proved useful for our audit. Currently, we are implementing rules for 606 and the multi-book and ARM add-ons have proven very useful for our reporting purposes. I really enjoy NetSuite's use of rules for transactions as they can vary from company to company and item sku to item sku. I love the saved search function too! So much flexibility for creating reports helps us create reports for month-end reconciliation purposes.

Cons

SuiteAnswers has a terrible algorithm for their search bar. The system is also not as intuitive as others since the actual home screen itself is customized by role. We have also run into the need for an consultant/more technical administrator to provide working scripts for some of our reporting. People with NetSuite should not expect the system to do everything perfectly, sadly the call center is far less helpful than the US-based consultants at NetSuite. However, you can always escalate to your sales rep. Our solution is hosted and at times runs slower than I would prefer. I wonder if there is a way to increase the speed at which we can click through multiple cells or post a large amount of journal entries.

After you climb a steep learning curve, NetSuite is incredibly powerful.

We were able to have a single source of truth for our customer, vendor lists, for inventory, and for financials. Once our system was implemented, gaps analyzed and filled, and users trained, NetSuite has been an effective platform for our business.

Pros

NetSuite is an extremely powerful and inclusive package of applications that are extremely well-integrated. For SMBs who've outgrown Quickbooks or other "smaller" accounting packages, it's a major improvement. For manufacturing concerns looking to gain more traction and control over their processes, it is far beyond what lower-priced ERP systems provide. Again, it us a major improvement. NetSuite is extremely extensible through external interfaces, 3rd party add-ons, internal scripting and through customizations. Implemented correctly, it is relatively fast, and with its browser-based interface, there are no client issues and never any need for IT to upgrade a client version on every workstation because a new feature-set has been implemented. It's CRM is adequate, useful, and given NetSuite's signature internal integration, it is easy to implement an effective lead-to-cash system. The ecosystem also has multiple vendors who sell integration services, for example, there are a number of SalesForce to Netsuite integration partners who can (relatively) quickly connect the two systems. On the backside, the same is true of many popular shipping, warehouse management and other packages. Or, you can roll your own JSON connectivity.

Cons

NetSuite is not easily deployed, and requires expertise to get things mostly right the first time. They address this in their ecosystem by encouraging customers to work with NetSuite partners -- VAR firms that have undergone certifications -- to deploy the system. There is a steep learning curve, even for system analysts familiar with other ERP, CRM and web commerce platforms. There is a saying in the NetSuite community that is very true: "you can do anything with NetSuite, but it is going to cost you." Those costs may be development hours for internal developers, fees paid to partners, license costs for addons and integrations, etc. etc. Count on it with any major NS effort. NetSuite is usually quite reliable, but it can and will "get slow" from time to time, and there are infrequent outages that can last a few minutes to an hour or more. These never come at a good time (is there ever a good time?) and getting information regarding status of repairs can be frustrating. Free advice: vett your NetSuite partner carefully, and make sure that they can and will provide effective ongoing support. Some firms are better than others at this, and it is a good question to ask references before you hire anyone. Plan on your implementation taking longer than you expect. This is true with most ERP implementations, NetSuite included. Support from the company itself can be an exercise in frustration, but persistence and insistence can really help.

February 2016

February 2016

Full Featured Cloud Based Solution

Our company performed a lengthy evaluation of ERP solutions to move to in order to enhance our capabilities and support our expanding business. NetSuite offered the most robust cloud solution at the lowest price (best value solution). We are an import/export wholesale distributor with the need for multi-company, multi-currency capabilities. We have five separate legal entities with three primary operating entities and use public warehousing (more than 15 locations), so being able to report on an individual and consolidated basis was essential. Despite these needs, we are a small company in terms of employees (less than 25). NetSuite's OneWorld product was key to meeting our needs and as a cloud based solution we can maintain with limited staff. As the Controller I am the main administrator of our NetSuite solution, with no IT staff. NetSuite has delivered on their promise, providing a robust solution that provides a full-featured dashboard to monitor key performance indicators, easy secure access from anywhere, mobile capabilities, robust reporting capabilities and very customizable to meet business needs.

Pros

Easy to use. Can be set-up and running in a short time-frame (90 to 120 days). Good, proven implementation method that essentially is done with remote support via web-ex sessions. Full featured dashboard with short-cuts Email alerts to keep you informed of key data changes or approvals needed Web storefront Very easy to customize or configure to meet your business needs Robust reporting Easy navigation with short-cuts and global (Google) type search capabilities for finding transactions, communications, customer, vendor or employee records. Always updated to latest version (version updates twice year) Can fully support with no IT staff, making use of NetSuite support as needed, however, most questions and issues can be resolved by using NetSuite's SuiteAnswers self-service solution area and extensive online help that is part of the ERP system. Great online training tools

Cons

Support is responsive, but depending on level of support purchased can take awhile to get answers and issues resolved. We have Silver Support which is limited to submitting cases on-line and waiting for NetSuite support to respond by email or call. NetSuite does assign an Account Manager who can be contacted by phone anytime to help expedite support issues as needed. Complex system that is very configurable to meet your needs, but this creates a lot of noise as there are many things you may not need or use, making the software somewhat confusing and cumbersome to use at times. Must have good internet connection and bandwidth to ensure good performance. Uptime is high (99.8%), but when not working all you can do is monitor and wait for NetSuite to fix issues. Longest downtime we've had is 45 minutes.

Joy from Waxing Poetic

Powerful program with quirks

Before NetSuite, we were split between separate programs, NetSuite allowed us to do all business in one program - customer service, order processing, inventory, purchasing, shipping, accounting. It is able to integrate with many other programs, allowing for (mostly) seamless order sync'ing and live inventory levels. Essential with a company selling wholesale, retail and a direct to consumer website.

Pros

- great reporting and searching tools - combines all company needs - customer records, transactions, accounting, inventory - easy to integrate with most major programs - highly customize-able - easy to assign "roles" to employees to only access what they need in their positions - mostly easy to use and informative help section

Cons

- searching and reporting can be tricky with label names differing - expensive to start, maintain and update - quirks that shouldn't be an issue - like applying credit memos to sales orders

Andrew from Amba Products LLC

Industry: Building Materials

Integrated Cloud based software simplifies overall control of company

Pros

The fact that you always have access to all your information and that it is always current. Do not have to worry about the security of my information. System is updated on an ongoing basis. Integrated ERP and CRM. Everyone in the company has access to information regarding their area of responsibility.

Cons

We have partnered with Netsuites for the long term. We rely on them not to exploit the fact that we are tied in with them on a subscription basis. We have no guarantees with regards to future pricing.

Connie from AHCT

NetSuite - Robust and customizable, but everything is an add-on.

NetSuite is a robust ERP system that I would generally recommend for medium to larger businesses. If you can get past the implementation phase, it is generally very easy to maintain. If you need a lot of customization for your business processes, be prepared to manage and test the customization extensively, as there are lots of nuances that can be missed during the testing phases that can prove very difficult later to fix when additional workflows or scripts are in place.

Pros

It's a reliable, secure, and easily accessible cloud service. The platform is robust, and has highly customization forms and reporting, as well as a a lot of integration potential.

Cons

The software is very expensive, and a lot of times, you will need to do heavy customization to have it fit your needs. You will need at least one full time staff on hand to manage the software as an administrator, and the training is very expensive as well. Most advanced features are an add-on, and are not cheap either. While robust, this software isn't ideal for smaller businesses because of its price tag. Once you get the software up and running, it is very easy to maintain. However, implementation can be difficult, and success varies with the amount of customization you may need. NetSuite professional services, who offers customization build outs, generally leaves a lot to be desired. Most of their professional services providers were off-shore, and at times difficult to communicate with.

Kent from KentBigDog Consulting

Not for the feint of heart but very powerful

If you are looking for a system you can log into and in a few days be fluent and feel comfortable, NetSuite isn't for you. It is an extremely powerful and flexible system. That power and flexibility brings a high level of complexity. I'm a consultant that recently helped a company move from Peachtree to NetSuite including all their accounting processes and their website. It was a complex process that took a strong attention to detail and much forethought. It isn't something you'll do in a month. Now 1.5 years later, that company is thrilled with their choice. Sales are way up because of the improved website. Customer service ratings have skyrocketed because the CSRs now have a complete picture of the customer and all their interactions including website, phone, and email. The business owner has a much more detailed image of the business and is able to make decisions faster that have a positive impact on the business. Before NetSuite there was much more guesswork. Now decisions are based on actual data. All this doesn't come cheaply or easily. NetSuite can be tuned to your business in nearly infinite ways. I still fine tune their experience on a daily basis a year later. Customizing emails, pdfs, transaction screens and more. All this pays off with more efficiency in all aspects of the business. If you are looking for fast and simple, you will be very disappointed. If you are looking for something that has the power to do many, many things and you're willing to put in the time and money it takes to get a great return on your investment, you'll be happy.

Pros

Power and flexibility.

Cons

Complex.

Industry leading ERP software

Pros

Having worked with a number of different ERP systems over the years I find NetSuite by far the easiest to use not only in terms of usability but also from an Admin and configuration point of view. The interface is bright and easy to use and the ability to customise dashboards is a real advantage. From an admin and business use point of view I also find it excellent. The standard functionality is comprehensive, but it can also be customised to allow you to fit your business processes into the software without having to bespoke it too heavily. It is also generally fast in terms of response times and there are many advantages to it being cloud based as opposed to being on premise. NetSuite support is also generally good and the fact that the software is automatically updated twice a year in order to release new improvements is also a huge positive.

Cons

Generally I don't have too may cons regarding NetSuite. Sometimes the support can take a while to reply, but that may be more due to timezone differences. Also NetSuite can occasionally roll out bundle updates which change functionality without too much notification. The same is also true of system maintenance, which can sometimes be during business hours, but again this is more due to time zones.

Bethanne from Team 360 Services

Industry: Facilities Services

NetSuite is the best accounting/program out there!!

Makes invoicing fast & very easy. Lots of options & easy to customize this software to make it work for your company & what you are invoicing.

Pros

NetSuite can do so many things. It is the easiest program I have ever used for invoicing. It has a lot of different options to choose from that you can utilize. You can tell it to tax a customer/parent company or you can tell it that the company is tax exempt. So everytime you do an invoice for that company it will automatically add or not add the tax. There is even a "file" section that you can upload forms like tax exempt forms, or customer contracts. And it is so easy to bring up a company & see all of the invoices that we have ever made for them in a list. It has made our invoicing streamlined & very straight forward. This software has so many options it's crazy. If anyone in our accounting department can think of something that would be helpful to us on the invoice that is not already there, the president of our company can go into the "back ground" of the software & add & delete fields from our invoicing templates. Love this program!!!

Cons

It can be confusing to figure out how to set up your "Dashboard" for your own specification & usage. Other than that there isn't anything that we don't like about NetSuite!!

Kimberly from American Dental Association

The sky is clear in the cloud

We have been using NetSuite for roughly a year. There were a lot of growing pains. People did not like change. However it is getting better. We are constantly learning new things about the system.

Pros

It is more user friendly. We were previously on PeopleSoft Financials for approximately 20 years. It was highly customized and there were a lot of system limitations as far as reports and queries. More of our users are able to run system reports for themselves such as the AR Aging Report. NetSuite offers more flexibility. It communicates better with other systems that we use. I like being able to access NetSuite from any computer since it is in the cloud. With our previous software, we had to access the system through a VPN if we were outside of the office. I like the global search box

Cons

There are still limitations on some of the saved searches as far as how it pulls in information. For instance, for an AP Report, it can pull in invoice numbers with the vendor, date, amount. If I want it to pull in the check number, this will cause additional lines on the report. I don't like the journal upload process works. If there are multiple errors in a journal that is being uploaded, only the first error is identified. You have to go through multiple attempts in order to find all the lines with errors. This is time consuming.

Powerful but complex

Overall we can invoice customers, pay bills, and report on finances - so it works well. I do feel like I needs more in-depth training now that I've had more time in the system. We also just use a fraction of what I believe it's capable of.

Pros

It's so intricate and complex that I know I could set it up to do whatever I wanted or needed to report on... Implementation team was very thorough trying to understand how our business processes work. Integration with Salesforce (via Celigo) is useful. Keeping track of orders, what's been invoiced and what's been paid, etc. is straight forward.

Cons

... but it's so complex that even making minor adjustments (I.E. edit the invoice template) that it takes a lot of time to research how to do it. There is a Help site, but it's not very useful. You can buy different levels of Support - which I disagree with. Since we only have the minimal option (only help if something is broken), I have to search online forums to figure out how to make even the minor tweaks. I wish there had been more training on how to make overall setup adjustments. Our implementation ended before some of the smaller/minor parts were setup. We would need to purchase more hours to finish.

Francisco from Southland Polymers

Industry: Plastics

NetSuite SPI

Pros

Customization of forms, printed forms, reports, workflows, searches, filters, financials, and user interface.

Cons

limitations on reports, searches, and hard coded functionalities.

Patrick from The McGowan Companies

Industry: Wholesale

Upgraded from old ERP system to Netsuite. Took 6 months to cut over to Netsuite and go live.

Went from software that was designed in 90s to a always up to date top of the line software. Netsuite was the best choice for for we needed to do. it had the ERP side as well as the CRM aspect. In time, if we grew, we could add on the warehouse management module.

Pros

The software has a very modern layout, if you have been on a website like facebook, and can use their top tab navigation, then you will be pleased with Netsuite. The program is cloud based, which is get for mobile use. If you can pull up the website, and have a decent size screen, then you get the full experience. Never have to worry about the hardware crashing, with the built in redundancy and backup.

Cons

Data is cloud based, I have purchased the OBDC connection add-on for it, and I still found it hard to get it out with ODBC connection. There was no support for how to setup the connection, and after hours of trail and error, I was told that not all tables as accessible. Many of the reports had to be manually exported and imported into Excel for data manipulation. The Netsuite app was not as useful as a I wish. We had a few scripts running in our environment; but the app did not play nicely with them.

Alex from PW Golf Supply

Netsuite review

overall good ERP

Pros

Easy to use, its in the cloud, accessible everywhere, good features

Cons

Crashes once in a while, some issues happen, commerce part could be better

After frustrating setup & implementation process you will eventually reap rewards of a powerful tool

Considering how long that Netsuite has been around, there are still quite limited resources for support in using the day to day capabilities which means you either need to have a subject matter expert in house to help you with those difficult queries to get exactly the right report or you have to reach out to external support who may or may not understand your particular use case for account reporting.

Pros

Once you have managed to set up Netsuite, map accounts correctly, map profiles, get correct debits mapped and the correct credits mapped over you can run some useful reports from the journal entries created. You can generate useful general ledger reports for exec level management to use in quarterly stakeholder presentations.

Cons

It is a long road to getting setup and running correctly. It is not a very easy software to use although granted it is geared towards professionals with a high profiency level of advanced accounting practices, there is a very steep learning curve unless you have an expert next to you to hold your hand and guide you through the very tough implementation process. Also I have this constant fear that somebody will change something in the settings and break the integration meaning I have to go through the setup process again. However they do have adequate read me documentation for those with the patience to go through step by step guides.

Venkatesan from Techmahindra

It's fast and extremely reliable

Pros

NetSuite ERP can be used for Financial, Order, Production and Supply Chain Management. NetSuite CRM can be used for Salesforce and Marketing Automation. Customer Service and Partner Relationship Management. Suite Commerce End to end Business to Customer (B2C) and Business to Business (B2B) eCommerce platform. You can integrate with any other application and also it's very fast and reliable. This can be the good solution for EDI also.

Cons

I am not feeling any Cons at this moment.

Jeremy from Corptax, Inc

Everything in one place

Our support team can see what sales, finance, and professional services are doing with a customer. They can see case history for all the users at the customer. Ease of use is a really good, but the sales team struggles (but their focus should be on selling so they don't use the system as often). Using issues module, we can keep customers up to date on enhancement and bug fixes while closing their current case with a workaround. The update on the fix goes automatically to the customer when the issue is resolved. Everyone can see when a customer is marked at risk. And anyone with customer contact can enter the alert to give the account owners more time to resolve.

Pros

Access in the cloud was a big plus for us. But the full view of the customer has been the bigger gain.

Cons

The search constraints don't allow for too many layers in a single search. Case reports cant look into invoice pricing as the invoices are on the customer. A customer search can se that, but if you are starting with case parameters to understand a product profit margin from support, it requires some cross referencing in excel.

Aaron from The Legal Aid Society of Rochester, NY

Controller at Non-Profit Legal Service Provider

We have used NetSuite for two years now. The Software saves us lots of time and makes our job easier.

Pros

User friendly software!!! Great for custom reporting and searches, able to import payroll in a few minutes, drill down feature, web-based you can use anywhere and open multiple windows at the same time. The ability to scan in AP backup which saves space and time on billing and audits, recent activity allows you to find what you did last quickly, dashboard can be customized to specific users - shows key performance indicators such as bank balances, sales & expense versus other periods. There are workflows to automate task such as vendor approvals, customer service and all NetSuite employees are very friendly and extremely helpful. Also being a non-profit, NetSuite employees volunteer their time with through Pro Bono projects - we have used this three times with great results.

Cons

Any hurdles or issues that i have had were solved by reaching out to NetSuite. One year I was having difficulty printing 1099's but customer service helped get me on track.

Anita from Xeeva Inc.

Xeeva Inc Review

The experience is good, it helps is timely reporting of multiple entities dealing with multiple currencies. Helps business decisions making for the whole group

Pros

It has a number of features which help reporting for entities present in multiple countries, this helps reporting accurately and timely.

Cons

Ease of use, this software needs professional training to be able to use it and that is not free, hence we cannot use all the features to the maximum as we lack training on how to use them

James from Squatty Potty

Powerful Software with LOTS of Capabilities

Pros

This is able to integrate with all our other platforms we use. It also has lots of reporting capabilities. We are able to track our entire business use with sales, accounts, inventory, etc. It is our central hub of our business where everything runs through.

Cons

It is expensive and they do upsell you on add-ons or other features/plug-ins. It is also not intuitive. It can be very complicated for the average user.

Meagan from Mad Style

Benefits of NetSuite

NetSuite has helped us generate great insight into our business.

Pros

The ability to customize and build reports is very useful. There are several things that come standard but everything can be customized for your specific way of business.

Cons

NetSuite can be very intimidating when first learning the software.

Brett from RSM US LLP

Netsuite Rocks

There are way to many to list.

Pros

I like so many things about NEtsuite. The robust features that come out of the box are great. I like the abundance of add on Modules and Suiteapps available. I especially like the fact that netsuite is very customizable to meet you business needs and will often time help you improve you business Processes

Cons

The reporting tool is not very good and the New analytics feature needs a lot more work.

David from Sentinel Door Controls

From Sage to Netsuite

Overall everyone at my company is very excited to have finally found a system like netsuite and are overall satisfied with your experience thus far.

Pros

The ease of use as well as the lack of a batch system. We came from Sage 300 which feels very antiquated compared to Netsuite. The UI just felt very dated and it was not user friendly at all. If you found a prior mistake after that day then you might as well have found a work around because getting it reconciled was a nightmare. With Netsuite the system is intuitive enough that it can retro almost any issue that you find today back to whatever date it needs to be adjusted with little to no issue. I also like the openness of the system, there is no need to pay someone hundreds of dollars just to modify a form it is super easy to do on your own.

Cons

I love that there is a suite answers form for quick answers but sometimes they can be more confusing than anything. Maybe add some videos demoing what to do rather than just text based support. Implementation of some aspects were also a little less than stellar.

Steve from Ready Seal, Inc.

Great ERP software

We use NetSuite for inventory manufacturing and control. It is great for tracking all raw materials all the way through final product. We also use for all our accounting and book keeping. The system runs quickly and is easy to pull up any account or item.

Pros

The accounting and Inventory portions of the software are great. Easy to setup and use.

Cons

The CRM software side is very difficult to use.

Taylor from Buildingstars

Netsuite is great for manageability.

I have had an overall decent experience with NetSuite. We switched from ACT to NetSuite, and I must say the transition was hard. There is a lot more moving parts with this system than there was with Act. But, I do like the fact that since netsuite is a website, when my guys are out in the field they can still log into and view files on NetSuite.

Pros

I like that I can store all of the companies information in one place I like that our customers are easy to find I like the ease at which you can edit contact information

Cons

Its a bit tricky to navigate It takes a few months to fully train someone how to use It can be very slow at times

Camille from Gopher Stage Lighting, Inc

Netsuite Changed Everything

Pros

Netsuite is very configurable allowing us to customize it to our unusual business model. The reporting is very powerful.

Cons

Reports can be difficult to set up and new users have a steep learning curve.

NetSuite Review after 18 months

Our overall experience has been very positive. We are able to spread accountability to more resources because of the power of NetSuite and what individual users can accomplish.

Pros

Prior to NetSuite, we had many add-on applications to integrate with. It made updates and seamless integration difficult. With NetSuite, we are able to function almost entirely within NetSuite. We have established relationship with NetSuite partners for additional functionality to address functional gaps that NetSuite could not address directly. However, by utilizing these partnerships, integration has been nearly seamless.

Cons

The one drawback is the ability to get enhancements addressed that specifically meet our business requirements. Again, we have partnered with NetSuite partners to address some things, however, there are other enhancements I hoped would have been easier to get addressed. It feels like they are recognized as a need, but then they fall into a large bucket that has little hope of being addressed.

An honest look at NetSuite by a Finance User

our processing time of producing customer invoices was significantly reduced. We can now create invoices in a matter of hours vs numerous days using Quickbooks Enterprise. We were able to save almost 1 FTE and then spend that resource on other projects. The bank reconciliation, when it works, greatly reduced the time spent on it and the accuracy. With being able to import and connect our payroll software through web services we are able to greatly enhance the payroll detail.

Pros

the reporting functionality, saved searches and financial document reports. They give you a base you can then customize and bring in your custom fields. The snap ons and add ins are also very helpful such as web services for third parties such as payroll, 1099 forms, and bank rec files

Cons

your bank reconciliation is less than ideal. Your fixed asset module is also well underwater. Would recommend investing significant resources on that or dump it.... very hard to use, very easy to break. Its nice having the asset listing in one place though along with scrips to run depreciation.

Vee from BMC

Industry: Building Materials

NetSuite Intergration Review

To be successful at any Integration, like NetSuite their needs to be a lot of communication. I think some things that was promised for an out of box solution like NetSuite has many limitations. We were finding that a lot of integrations from our legacy systems took a lot of development to and from NetSuite. Over all NetSuite is a great product, despite all the issues.

Pros

The way the NetSuite software was layed-out was easy to navigate. A lot of features are hidden in multiple drop down menu's so the learning curve could be much faster if pages you used most could be pinned at the top of the menus.

Cons

Like I stated before the most used pages are hidden in the menus.

Shelly from Squatty Potty

NetSuite user

Overall experience with NetSuite is good. We like it and could probably use more training to be more efficient.

Pros

NetSuite has a lot of functions. It can do so many things. You usually can find what you need if you just look.

Cons

NetSuite has a lot of functions. There are so many that it can get confusing. You usually can find what you need if you have a lot of time to look for it. The other issue I find to be a problem is that we can't do refunds for alternative payment methods (PayPal Express, Amazon Pay) through NetSuite. We have to issue the refund through NetSuite, but then go into PayPal or Amazon to also issue the refund. They don't sync. There may be other plug ins we need to make the refund issue work better. But then we have more places where the system can break.

Robert from IndustryNewsletters

Ive used NetSuite for 8 years and couldn't do with out it

Couldn't operate without it

Pros

The search for clients/prospects is fast. I can be on the record page, go to the web site, check for phone records and write reports. I can access just as easily from my smart phone or if im on another computer. It is the foundation of my sales program and very complete. I am able to track current projects and the history is always available.

Cons

The search function is too complicated. if one letter is off I cannot get the proper search. It needs to be simplified. It crates a time problem for me each time I attempt a search. Also I would like for a link from the incoming phone calls to pull up a record of the caller. This would be an outstanding feature and save time and I could be more responsive when receiving a call.

David from Highlander IT & Telecoms

Netsuite Review

So far our experience of NetSuite has been pretty good. It is easy to get going with its interface and you can drag and drop forms and reports. There are occasional performance issues and bugs, but the support provision deals with these fairly quickly. In short it is powerful, and customisable, and recommended.

Pros

A cloud-based ERP system, NetSuite suites companies looking for security and reliability, combined with a solid feature set and frequent upgrades. The UI includes a powerful search tool, and it is easy find what you need and move around in the system.

Cons

It is a relatively expensive solution, which also requires a lot of your own development time to customise forms and functions for your business. There is a limited amount of cloud storage included, and the cost to increase this is eye watering.

Nina from 3D interior fashions inc

Love Netsuite so easy

Pros

It is very easy to use and can be used from anywhere in the world on any device

Cons

The price is higher than other software programs

Emmie from PAG Leisurewear

NetSuite Review

Great! Keeps getting better!

Pros

Keeps developing. So many businesses have customised at macro or micro level but all benefit from one book of record kept in the cloud!

Cons

The first 3 weeks of user adaptation wa tough. Like learning a new job.

Anne from 2XL Corporation

NetSuite product review

Great for medium to large companies with varying levels of service. I have enjoyed working with NS and learning about all tools it has to offer.

Pros

ease of use, function, order entry, invoicing and accounting functions.

Cons

customer service, updates, personal integration

Bart from Sigenics, Inc.

Use standard capability and where possible buy off the shelf add-ons that integrate.

Pros

NetSuite's standard capability is easy to use and deploy. The expansion into mobile platforms is good although it could be better. They used to have Outlook integration which although buggy was an excellent method of ensuring all customer comms via email were accurately recorded in CRM

Cons

We were very early adopters of NetSuite and as such we're forced in the beginning to custom develop much of the capability we needed simply because NS hadn't yet created it. Over the years we've become reliant on this custom development which is stable but very slow, complicated and virtually impossible to support. Unwinding ourselves now to make use of the standard out of the box capability NS now provides is virtually impossible

Alvaro from Koombea

Great ERP

Help us at a time we were growing the company, so right now we are more efficient and have real time data because of Netsuite.

Pros

- Very Robust and Fully customizable - Have an API and so connect with third party and other tools you use internally can be definitely doable. - Multiple currencies, locations and internationalization help you when you have to access in different subsidiaries - Have great tools for making reports The support have been great the last 2 or 3 times I used it.

Cons

- Sometimes tends to be slow, It seems like that was a problem with the implementation but in general it feel slow. - The UI looks old, but does what you need. - The documentation is really heavy and sometimes is hard to find things there.

Debbie from Publications

Industry: Publishing

NetSuite

NetSuite may be great for accounting but not for sales reps. I personally find NetSuite very hard to use to manage my daily calls, prospecting and follow ups.

Pros

NetSuite is very good for tracking what has happened. I can log my calls, opportunities, sales, quotes, etc. I can set a call back/follow call. I can log my emails. So tracking information is great.

Cons

This is a very poor data management system for sales reps. It is not easy to use. I can not pull reports of prospects. I can not create marketing lists/contact lists.

Desiree from The Duck Store

All the bells and whistles!

Efficiency is our number one goal. We don't have to come up with band aid approaches like our old system. Our company was far too big for what they offered and they were not built with retail inventory in mind. We have real time inventory now and that's so exciting!

Pros

I love how easy it is to navigate. If you want to know what makes up any sort of balance, you can usually just click on that balance and it will give you all the details behind it, I just this week found a detailed aging report so our year end journal entries are so much easier than our prior system. I love how it's exactly like a website with so many useful links. I often find myself with 20 tabs open at the end of a day without even realizing it.

Cons

When it goes offline it can be tricky. Sometimes if you don't allow it enough time to finish loading, it will ignore what you have changed. That said, that's true of pretty much any website.