All Trello Reviews

Kathryn

2 - 10 employees

Used more than 2 years

Reviewed February 2021

Trello is perfect for small teams, especially when working remotely.

Danny

Marketing and Advertising, 2-10 employees

Reviewed July 2023

Scalable and flexible project planning and task management software.

This is software that we use every single day. I also use Trello in a professional capacity. It is easy to get up and running, and easy to get clients onboarded with it as well.

PROS

We love how flexible Trello is. We have separate boards for different projects and even for our internal team management and admin tasks like accounting and HR. There is no "right way" to set up Trello, which means you can mold it to your own needs.

CONS

Over the years, they've included less and less in the free version, but if you're running a business, the pricing is fair and scalable to pay for it.

Reason for choosing Trello

Basecamp didn't have a freemium model. You get a free trial, then must pay to continue using. Trello lets you use the free version perpetually until you grow into paying for it. ClickUp seemed way to robust and monolithic for our needs. Trello was much simpler to get up and running.

Reasons for switching to Trello

Asana seemed like it was more geared toward larger teams and just simply wasn't as intuitive to get in and set it up.

Antonio

Financial Services, 2-10 employees

Reviewed November 2020

The road to your personal successes, all on a slight of hand!

Exceptional, being a company involved in financial services we need to accomplish tasks and assignments in the fastest and more efficient possible way. Trello makes this way easier.

PROS

Trello is an incredibly user friendly software, it's easy to use and you can quickly get familiar with the dashboard. For people who, like me, tend to organize things by "visual schemes" (eg. colors, lines ecc) trello is perfect! The possibility of creating different colored labels depending on the priority of a certain task will make the dashboard easy to access and fast to share. About sharing, the task assignment is really intuitive and catchy, you can either drag and drop the members of your team on a certain task or, for those who prefer more formal things, you can invite them by email to join a certain task. Mobile and Desktop interfaces are very stable, fast and fluid. Me and my team never came accross any critrical bug.

CONS

The thing I absolutely liked the least of the software is the fact that it's not possible to upload a custom picture for the background on Lite accounts but, of course, one does not buy trello just to get his custom background. So to sum up, no critical cons.

Reason for choosing Trello

Asana presented some major bugs and system instability and as far as we needed 10 people to access an assignment dashboard as fast as possible we could not rely on nothing less than Trello.

Rakib

Information Technology and Services, 2-10 employees

Reviewed May 2024

A Visual Productivity Powerhouse.

Trello's Power-Ups really set it apart. The ability to integrate with tools like Slack, Google Drive, and Salesforce makes it a versatile central hub. And the Butler automation feature is incredibly powerful for streamlining repetitive tasks. With all the features, I can boost my productivity to the max level and enjoy the benifits of it.

PROS

Trello has been a visual productivity powerhouse for our team. The intuitive Kanban-style boards make it easy to see project progress at a glance, and the drag-and-drop interface is a breeze to use. The ability to add checklists, due dates, and attachments to cards keeps everything organized.

CONS

The free version has some limitations on attachment sizes and integrations that can be frustrating. And the mobile app, while functional, isn't quite as smooth as the desktop experience.

Derrick

Computer Software, 51-200 employees

Task Management Solution

PROS

I can create a board for a project, make lists for different stages like "To Do," "Doing," and "Done," and move tasks between them as I work on them. It's really straightforward and keeps everything in one place.

CONS

The free version has some limitations, like how many power-ups you can use and the size limit for file attachments. Also, for more complex projects, it may not have all the features I need.

Jonathan

Marketing and Advertising, 2-10 employees

Reviewed March 2024

A Card Above The Rest

Makes managing multiple projects with moving parts and more than one team member involved easy to manage. It's also free, which is great for any startup trying to get organized with a small or large remote or office team.

PROS

I enjoy the card based system Trello makes use of. The WYSWYG design function is beneficial to even novice users - you can move things how you see fit without major processes involved. I also enjoy the customizability. You can use Trello anyway you want. If you have a chaotic but effective process, you can make it your own. If you're extremely organized - it's perfect for that, too.

CONS

Slight learning curve because it's so open. Once you get the hang of it, it's pretty useful. Also, their sale to Atlassian kind of mucked things up. I didn't like Jira when originally searching for an Asana replacement. The sale also messed up customer support for a bit.

Reason for choosing Trello

Ease of use, customizability, WSYWYG interface and actionable notifications based on customization.

Reasons for switching to Trello

Asana was nice from an individual summary standpoint, but became a bit convoluted when you needed to see things from a macro level. I found it very effective if I was a cog in the wheel, but if I was managing the wheel, I felt a little lost.

Design, 1 employee

Trello is my favorite

PROS

I like that it is super easy to keep myself organized. I have lots of different kinds of projects that have different kinds of deliverables, but Trello is flexible enough for me to deal with all of them the way I want to.

CONS

It's frustrating that some of the features that I would consider important are not available in the lower tiers. Since it's just me, I don't need the team related tools, so I wish there was a way to choose the features of each plan more surgically.

Tushar

Marketing and Advertising, 11-50 employees

All in one solution for Task Management and Project management

I would definitely recommend this software to everyone who manages the Tasks and multiple Projects.

PROS

It provides tons of features like adding member to cards, defining the due dates for orders, custom button to trigger the actions.

CONS

There is no major cons i felt till now, as it runs flawlessly.

Reason for choosing Trello

Easy of use and tons of features helps to choose this product.

Christie

Religious Institutions, 11-50 employees

Perfect for workflows

Trello has worked very well for us and we continue to use it on a daily basis.

PROS

We use Trello to help stay in touch with our new members and guide them to their next steps. It is easy to set up a board and share it across your organization.

CONS

For other projects, I wish there was a sort of time tracking feature to manage our resources

Matthew

Entertainment, 11-50 employees

Quick, Easy and Custom

PROS

Ease of use to set up and get running quickly. Unlike competitors the straight forward system works to its advantage to get running, but the custome add ons let you take it to next levels.

CONS

Cards can get crowded sometimes, more customization in removing fields would be great.

Allyson

Computer Software, 51-200 employees

Managing Workflows with Trello

PROS

I used it to organize a marketing campaign by creating columns for each stage and easily moving tasks between them, keeping everything on track.

CONS

Its limited offline use. When I had no internet, I couldn't update or view my boards, which was frustrating.

Alfredo

Hospitality, 11-50 employees

Reviewed November 2019

Improve productivity of your team

One of the main mistakes in teams is lack of comunication. With Trello all your team will know what taks are prioritary, steps to acomplish them and who is the responsible of do it. As a manager you get a simple view of the task you delegate. As an employee you get a list of task and status of this tasks.

PROS

It's 100% free. You can design the "canvas" as you decided. Personalize it, and make it usefull for you and your team.

CONS

When you start using a new app, some people refuse the change. This app needs the compromise of all your team, because it's not usefull if some people decide not to use it.

Reason for choosing Trello

It's free and full customizable.

Reasons for switching to Trello

Trello is designed to manage task. Excel is not.

Publishing, 11-50 employees

Reviewed November 2019

Great Tool for Staying on Track

It's a great tool. The paradigm of board / list / card is easy to follow and simple to teach to even the most technophobic user.

PROS

Trello's "board / list / card" format makes it great for sharing tasks and passing them over to other departments to track production flow. Our company produces upwards of 200 new products per year so the production details are passed between departments and handed-off with ease with this tool.

CONS

The Free Tier versus the Business Tier is a big jump. There's very little room to tiptoe into the commercial version of the tool. The Business version is expensive for large organizations. That being said, the free tier does everything we need it to do. The biggest downside of this system is that you can potentially back up the system by downloading json files, but there is NO TOOL to restore lost data! One would have to manually re-enter every card and every detail in the system which would be a disaster. They really do need to focus on their import/export abilities which are currently completely nonexistent.

Reason for choosing Trello

A department head had previous experience with Trello and was convinced it was the perfect tool for our needs. They were right.

Reasons for switching to Trello

Asana wasn't quite what we needed for our particular requirements, and Trello was very very easy to adapt to our needs.

Laura

Photography, 1 employee

Reviewed March 2020

From sceptic to devotee!

I use Trello for a wide range of things in my business. Monthly tasks, Sales tracking, production of my YouTube channel, and on and on.

PROS

I was hearing things about Trello for a long time before I decided to take the plunge. When I did, I haven't looked back. Trello is, for me, where all of the moving parts of my business come together. It's the easiest way to delegate a clear set of tasks to virtual freelancers as well. If you want your business to grow faster without micro-management then this is absolutely the tool for you!

CONS

I have run into trello difficulties when starting some new tasks off in there. I would love some kind of clever template option that gives me alternative ways to use trello depending on what I want to track and manage. Sales funnels are very different to running the production of my YouTube Channel for instance. I've had to do some trial and error which took a bit of time up.

Reason for choosing Trello

I used Asana when on a collaborative project with another group of businesses. One of the businesses use Asana and I found it clunky and counter-intuitive to use. It's like Nikon Vs Canon. You're either Trello or your Asana I think.

Maria

Computer Software, 11-50 employees

Reviewed August 2020

Great product for the price

Overall, I'd recommend this product to anyone who is looking to get started on simple task tracking, especially within a team. Hoping the product will release more features, like the ones mentioned above.

PROS

I love Trello's clean and customizable UI. It makes it easy for me to track tasks and to add as many columns to indicate a task's status as needed.

CONS

Lack of features that could immensely improve the product, such as time tracking for individual projects and increased ability to collaborate with other users. Some features I wish it included are: calendar view to see deadlines for specific tasks, and dates added to comments so updates can be tracked.

Reason for choosing Trello

Other members on my team had been using Trello, which makes for easier collaboration if I adopted it as well. I tried the free trial for monday.com and found it confusing to learn, and I had used Asana at a prior company and wasn't thrilled about using it again.

Reasons for switching to Trello

Todoist only allows for basic task tracking before you have to pay. Trello has more features available and a more customizable platform.

Dushyant

E-Learning, 11-50 employees

Reviewed February 2021

Easy to use, one size fits all

The most important part of a productivity tool is that it should help you save time. Trello lets you do that, by focusing on core functionalities in the simplest way possible, without going out of its way to overburden you with features. The UI, while slightly old, is blazing fast, minimalist and intuitive. It can be used by organizations to manage team projects, and individuals for their own tasks management.

PROS

- Extremely intuitive and easy to use - Blazing fast - Notifications are clear and easy to customize - Rich set of templates - Easy adding/managing members - Easy to manage multiple boards/organizations

CONS

- UI is a lil outdated - can be done better - Powerups are pretty limited in the free version - could be upgraded - Note taking feature could be implemented

Reasons for switching to Trello

Ease of use. Minimalism. More extensive free version(sharing with team on free plan)

Curry

Media Production, 11-50 employees

Reviewed February 2021

Simplest project management software I've ever used

From business use to personal, moving files, storing attachments, making checklists, dialoguing with co-workers, and managing all projects in a visually pleasing style - Trello has it all, and it's much better than all of the competitors.

PROS

The seamless integration of features. It's so easy to switch between boards, clearly see all projects, and the timeline of all upcoming deadlines thanks to the wonderful (and rare) calendar feature. I wish I had that now! It makes creating something like a video production calendar very quick and easy to follow. The cards themselves are extremely customizable; checklists, attachments, comments, and more could not be easier to add and track. For someone visually oriented, this is an absolute must. Another great feature, there's a free version! Most other management softwares don't have that.

CONS

The archive feature is my main concern. I wish there was a better way of removing projects, other than "archiving" them. Sometimes I need to access these cards and there's not really a simple way to find them. Because of this, my workaround was to have a "completed" board that I would put all finished cards in. Annoying at first, but because the site is so great, I didn't mind after a while. I also wish you could color code things and create labels like in Monday.com.

Reasons for switching to Trello

I would switch back in a heart beat if I had the option! Much prefer Trello for all the reasons listed in the review.

Jesse

Design, 2-10 employees

Reviewed August 2022

An exception agile development management tool

Our experience with Trello comes from managing multiple, enterprise class interface and application design projects using Trello.

PROS

The ability to quickly setup new workspaces, create lanes (lists), tasks and assign them to the appropriate team member makes using Trello a time saver. You can also customize Boards with different backgrounds, etc to differentiate them from other projects, which is nice. Being able to list the work needing to be done (backlog), the stages of development or production it will go through (lists / lanes), assign team members to specific tasks and attach images, docs, etc. at the task level creates a highly collaborative and feature rich product from a very simple interface.

CONS

Honestly, there's nothing that I would change at this point. It works flawlessly and efficiently. Our teams love it.

Reason for choosing Trello

The feature set of Trello matched exactly what we were looking for and replaced a discontinued product (AgileZen) that we were using regularly.

Reasons for switching to Trello

Monday is cumbersome and the interface isn't as intuitive as Trello. Monday more about lists and collab than moving a projects tasks through production stages and managing task completion, delivery, etc.

Reviewed August 2018

advantages of the trello

Trello is a project management tool that makes collaboration simple and, I would say, even fun. The reality is that it serves almost everything, whether you are organizing projects at work, household chores, trips or anything else. Individual cards can contain task lists, images, attachments, delivery dates, color labels and comments from other people who share the board with you. You can have as many boards as you want, use one for "Homework", for example, and another for "World domination plans". It is likely that you have already realized the potential. The Trello cards are like small post-its on a cork board but in digital format, so you can look at them, share them or add a reminder. You can even create cards via mail.

PROS

What I like most about this software is the way in which we can organize our meetings, pending issues, follow-ups, meetings and, above all, place the status that is basically required to make progress. The options and colors where each person responsible for activity is identified helps you to close the points faster. Trello works very well in my case because I tend to think very visually, so images and color labels work better with my brain than just a text. Although I am a big fan of Evernote to manage a multitude of information, lately I have found myself returning to individual lists written on paper. Trello is a breakthrough of that, it is one of those few applications that achieves a balance between a simple and elegant interface while including very powerful and flexible features. No compliments, however. Let me show you how I and other Trello users are using it as a productivity method.

CONS

What I do not like are the rows one side of the other, where we put the information, it seems very close to one another and for me personally I do not like the appearance, very neutral. The issue is that it is forcing a program to use it for something that it is not. You can also use the notebook to write a novel, but it is not the best tool for it. To organize trips there are tropocientas webs and apps that give a thousand kicks to trello, with suggestions of places, automatic geolocalization, organization by calendar, etc etc etc..To write novels the same, there are webs and applications focused on it, that you hierarchize the information much better, write down ideas, alternative plots, different paths of a story, etc ... come on, what a novel requires, with trello you will organize a micro story as much. Trello is focused on organizing projects in which many people have their roles, and show the states of those projects. Everything else, I seem to want to give it a use that is not yours.

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 2-10 employees