All FreshBooks Reviews

Dinos

Marketing and Advertising, 1 employee

Used more than 2 years

Reviewed June 2022

I use FreshBooks because it's support kicks ass...

Maddie

Information Technology and Services, 10,000+ employees

Reviewed May 2022

FreshBooks made my day at work so much easier

Integration with customers' books, as well as the option to include team members in the layout, are all included. On the subject of Application Programming Interfaces. It appeals to me since it brings everything together in one convenient location. The entire software is so simple to use that anyone can learn how to use it.

PROS

I appreciate how user-friendly it is, as well as the appearance of the program, and that it has the essentials when it comes to monitoring money and sending invoices and proposals. It's a really amazing piece of software that provides quick alerts. Excels in the area of financial reporting. When it comes to bank reconciliation, the general ledger is really helpful. Excellent in regard to project accounting.

CONS

The absence of features like as email automation and scheduling, which are provided by applications such as Dubsado and Honeybook, would be an example. One thing I'd want the developers to improve on is making sure that updates are made at the very least within one hour and not much longer.

Reasons for switching to FreshBooks

Freshbooks not only helps me with the core responsibilities of invoicing and costs, but it also assists me in getting a comprehensive picture of the financial health of my company.

Paciello

Hospital & Health Care, 1,001-5,000 employees

FreshBooks Is an Exceptional Invoicing and Accounting Solution

PROS

I like the exceptional features of FreshBooks. FreshBooks has been reliable.

CONS

I do not dislike FreshBooks. FreshBooks has been so powerful.

EVA M.

Construction, 2-10 employees

Totally disappointed in FreshBooks

Overall Frustration and Disappointment My experience with this billing software was overwhelmingly negative. It hindered rather than helped my business operations, causing unnecessary stress and frustration. Despite my efforts to make it work, the software's poor usability, unreliable features, and lackluster support left me with no choice but to seek out alternatives.

PROS

Nothing. It has nothing that other billing software doesn't have.

CONS

If you want to attach a multi-page PDF to an Invoice, only the first page is attached, and the PDF is also blurry and of poor quality. Team members must share a single signature on emails to send Invoices. Customer service is terrible; they never answer calls. The Invoice Details report does not include the reference field, which is one of the most critical information in an Invoice.

Hey Eva, thank you for taking the time to share your review of FreshBooks. I have shared your feedback regarding PDF attachments and the Invoice Details report with our team. Our Support Team is here to assist however possible - I do apologize for the experience you've shared, and I have ensured to share your feedback with our team. If you have not already shared your comment regarding email signatures with our team, please reach out via https://www.freshbooks.com/contact with further details so we can ensure to capture your suggestion in detail. ^DM

Replied April 2024

Alan

Information Technology and Services, 2-10 employees

Reviewed February 2024

FreshBooks - Quicker and Easier than the other

Migrating from what everyone thinks is the Number 1 Account Solution to Freshbooks was easy. Simple setup and then found out I had a dedicated account rep if I needed help

PROS

Super easy to setup; created customers, and products and set up recurring invoices on auto-pilot

CONS

haven't found anything I don't like so far

Liked the interface of FreshBooks better than ZoHo

Reasons for switching to FreshBooks

Lack of support; issues with using the product, just wasn't easy to use

Carter

Consumer Services, 2-10 employees

Freshy fresh!

PROS

I loved the accounting assistance and ease of use of the platform! I was brought into a firm that was using it, and used it as a partnership forum to get everyone paid.

CONS

It took some onboarding help to get me up to speed, can be overwhelming in general to get a new system. Not really a “fresh books” issue though.

alessandro

Medical Practice, 1 employee

freshbooks review

PROS

possibility to access through smartphone

CONS

not usefull and not possible to interface with italian legislation obligations

Hey Alessandro, thank you for taking the time to share your review of FreshBooks. If there are specific features for tax or government requirements you'd like to see, or any other feature suggestions you may have, please reach out with further detail via https://www.freshbooks.com/contact. Our Support Team can ensure your feedback is shared with our team on your behalf. ^DM

Replied April 2024

Danielle

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 1 employee

Fresh book

PROS

What I like most is that it is easy to understand and use

CONS

What I like least is sometimes it can load slowly but that can also just be my connection

Prem

Design, 51-200 employees

Freshbooks is the Need for Businesses

PROS

It's Easibility of Use and Convenience.Interface was easy to learn and interesting

CONS

The key buttons could have had more options to use

Santiago

Entertainment, 1 employee

Used monthly for more than 2 years

Reviewed June 2023

Industry Standard in Customer Support....

I don't think I have ever had a negative experience with this company. Really! Every phone support experience I've ever had with them has been impressive. Every SaaS company should use Freshbooks as their standard to look up to and strive toward. Seriously, they're THAT GOOD!

PROS

Customer service is Freshbooks super strength. You won't find another company that has a better more competent support team. When you call, you get a human that answers the phone. And they know how to help you without having to transfer you around to different departments. I'm in love with this company.

CONS

I wish they would add signature integration with their invoices. But I understand they're not DocuSign. But if they did offer that option, their value would skyrocket in my opinion.

Reason for choosing FreshBooks

Customer support and service. #1 in the industry... PERIOD!

Reasons for switching to FreshBooks

Streamline my process. Customer service.

Jae

Accounting, 51-200 employees

Great product!

PROS

Love using this to determine whats been completed and what tasks are still left over

CONS

Cant say anything bad about this program!

Efficiency Unveiled

Experience is definitely good and Easy to understand and use .Using Fresh Books has truly transformed my financial management. Its intuitive interface made navigation a breeze, even for someone like me without extensive finance knowledge. The streamlined invoicing and expense tracking features were lifesavers, freeing up time and helping me keep my finances organized. Plus, being able to generate professional invoices and estimates quickly was a major bonus. With the mobile app, I could stay on top of my finances no matter where I was. Overall, Fresh Books has been an invaluable tool for me

PROS

FreshBooks is a user-friendly accounting solution that aids small businesses and freelancers in simplifying financial management tasks, saving time, and maintaining organization.

CONS

It is too costly for students to used , Honestly

Consumer Services, 2-10 employees

Reviewed August 2021

Don't Waist Your Money on Any Other Accounting Software

We struggled to find a solution that would allow us to easily track the time for multiple employees and make billing as simple as a couple of clicks. Most everything we used or tried required multiple systems that either didn't integrate at all or didn't integrate well, and required a lot of time to prep invoices and collect payments. Frehsbooks eliminated all of those issues and paid for itself in the first month.

PROS

It saves my team hours of time every month. It easy to manage clients, track subscriptions, track hours and send invoices. Oh and it makes taxes season a breeze! The milage tracking feature has saved me over thousands per year in taxes since they released it.

CONS

The only complaint I have with Freshbooks is the Expenses feature. It has the ability to connect to your bank account to automatically pull in your charges, however, it never stays connected to our bank and it becomes a hassle. But they are great about helping to resolve the issue when it happens.

Reason for choosing FreshBooks

It was created by someone who was in the same industry and experienced the same problems I had, and because he built Freshbooks to solve those problems I knew it was the right solution for us.

Reasons for switching to FreshBooks

We needed a system that was easier to use and required less management.

Molly

Photography, 1 employee

Reviewed May 2022

FreshBooks as a Photographer (solo small business)

I have been using FreshBooks for over 2-years and am currently using it. I used FreshBooks a long time ago when they were new and more minimal. It has been great to see them grow up. The cost is a bit steep so I may not continue to use them -- I'm 50/50 at the moment. If they provided more value for the cost I would consider it a good investment, but paying for a CRM on top of that is expensive. Overall I do love the software!

PROS

I love the clean and friendly UX of FreshBooks! It is a pretty efficient piece of software that helps me get paid quickly and easily. I feel it has grown up so much over the years too. Invoicing is super easy and tracking expenses. Those are my primary base needs to run my business.

CONS

I do wish that entering client information was a bit more intuitive as I feel like I'm doing input for a client into my contacts, importing it to my CRM, and then hand inputting into FreshBooks again feels redundant. I would really really really love to see a Mac App to complete the mobility and desktop experience. I dislike having to open a web page to manage things on a daily basis.

Reason for choosing FreshBooks

FreshBooks just seemed more intuitive. QuickBooks has a long history of being bulky and complicated and expensive software. I keep looking at Billings Pro because I use DayLite now so we will see. :) I think FreshBooks is more advanced.

Reasons for switching to FreshBooks

I switched over primarily because the invoicing in Moon Invoice was manual, they did not have a way for clients to make quick and easy payments. I would have to go into PayPal, and create a link with PayPal.me and copy/paste this with my emailed invoices, it was not efficient by any means. I had used FreshBooks previously and 17Hats a long time ago. I opted to try FreshBooks again and have been using it since. The cost of Moon Invoice is what really drew me in as it was $20/annually.

Julia Maria

Information Services, 51-200 employees

Reviewed July 2022

It amply met my expectations and satisfies the company's needs.

When we implemented it, it was a lifesaver, as it makes day-to-day financial work easy and not at all intimidating, especially. It helped us save a lot of time, as we can focus on what we do and let Freshbooks do the rest. I especially like the professional look of the invoices without having to spend too much time designing or using design software. Anyone can create an attractive and professional invoice in minutes and I appreciate that.

PROS

I like how adaptable it is and how it can be used for any need. We have been using it in the company for a couple of years now, I already knew it from my freelance work and I can attest to the goodness and simplicity of the system. At the moment we have the Plus subscription and I find it very complete and affordable.

CONS

I would like the application to be more complete and useful because I would like to have a complete view of my invoices when I am not at my desk.

Reason for choosing FreshBooks

We can use Freshbooks for business, integrating other applications, or tracking software for things like inventory.

Reasons for switching to FreshBooks

One problem I often had when working with Quickbooks is that it sometimes took too long to load and was too slow; in fact, that was one of the reasons we switched to another platform (Freshbooks).

Rachel

Marketing and Advertising, 2-10 employees

Reviewed September 2022

Freshbooks is the ultimate for a service-based business

It was a good onboarding experience. I didn't call support and had us rolling in about 2 hours. The things I miss from Quickbooks aren't here, but they are continuing to build out the system. Hopefully we can get some of those critical features sooner than later.

PROS

I used to love Quickbooks. It had an app, it had time tracking. Then everything I loved was taken away. Freshbooks is the choice we made because it was built for a small service-based business. Recurring billing, time tracking, payment processing, it's all built in and easy to use. It took me 2 hours to get setup completely and it was a great experience. It's great for an owner who needs to be able to just run their business.

CONS

This is a major miss on the accounting side of the house. If you came from Quickbooks, you know how important double-entry accounting is, in depth reporting with punchouts, a quick dashboard into profitability. This isn't the case with Freshbooks. You will need an accountant to help at the end of the year. Ours had to rebuild our system because it doesn't believe in a cash-based accounting system.

Reasons for switching to FreshBooks

Pricing, features- recurring billing, time tracking which were removed from the main product and were now additional costs

Robin

Marketing and Advertising, 2-10 employees

Reviewed April 2023

Accounting on rails

It just makes life simple. I just wanted to be able to find the easiest way possible to invoice clients in a professional way and manage the client accounts while minimising the work that I had to do or outsource.This solution really did tickle the boxes for me and saves me a lot of time from the manual system I was using previously.

PROS

It's really easy to get started. There has obviously been a lot of effort being put into making the initial process as easy as possible, from branding and colours on the invoicing, to integrating with payment processors et cetera.The daily process is also very easy to manage. It's a five minute job to set up a new client and send them an invoice straight from Freshbooks using existing products and services descriptions.The integrations save me a lot of time by allowing me to automate a lot of functions which would other boys have been done manually and would've required reminders et cetera. For these I used Zapier which connects really well, and I found the integration is to be very reliable over time.Even as a reasonably small user, the customer service was incredible. I don't just mean responses to questions from me, but proactive outreach from the support and sales team which I found to be really high quality.Clients also seemed to really respond well to the invoicing process, and found it easy to access and download the invoices, and payment via credit card was quite a popular option.I actually used the app for a number of different businesses and it was really useful to be able to switch between them in the same dashboard.

CONS

I had a certain amount of trouble with one client when I was trying to set up direct debit payments, and while I got really great support the process didn't seem that reliable in this particular case. This was the only occasion where I had any major difficulties though that weren't caused by myself for the client.

Reason for choosing FreshBooks

FreshBooks was recommended by a few colleagues, but mostly because the proactive support from the team, my experience on the evaluation seeing her professionally presented the business would be represented on the client side, and the availability of integrations.

Reasons for switching to FreshBooks

I was creating PDF invoices myself, sending out payment links by email, and entering all of the details into a spreadsheet all separately.This was very time-consuming and didn't look professional at all.

Swati

Information Technology and Services, 2-10 employees

Reviewed May 2023

Freshen up Your Finances with FreshBooks!

While FreshBooks is a useful accounting software for managing your business finances, its pricing may not be reasonable for some users. The starting cost of $15 per month is quite heavy, and additional features require extra payment. It's worth noting that the customer care service may not be satisfactory, as you may have long conversations with support staff without reaching a solution.

PROS

FreshBooks is a simple and user-friendly invoicing and accounting software that is especially useful for beginners. Whether you're running a small business or you're a freelancer with limited time to invest in managing your finances, FreshBooks is the solution you've been looking for. With a user-friendly interface and easy-to-use data uploading capabilities, FreshBooks has everything you need to simplify your financial management processes. One of the key features of FreshBooks is online invoicing, which makes it easy to generate invoices and even offers customizable templates for balance sheets. You can add your clients and billables, and the invoice will be sent directly to them via email. They can then pay you online, making it a hassle-free process. Plus, you can even use your camera to upload bills and keep track of your expenses.

CONS

FreshBook is an accounting software for managing the finace for your business but its pricing is somehow not resonable i guess it heavely charged starting from $15 and you also have to pay extra for additional features. i would like point put ts customer care which is not at stifactory they indulge in long conerstion and still you reach to the solutuon tyou are looking for.

Reasons for switching to FreshBooks

FreshBooks is more appealing beacause of its user-friendly interface and ease of use. I find it very easy to navigate and generate invoices for my clients. Also, the credit card payment system on this platform is quite smooth and hassle-free.

Tường