• Pros

• "I really enjoyed using this software and it worked really well. Most features were easy to set up and the customer support was excellent!"

• "Easy to use, quick set up. Great price point. We tried to use the online bidding feature this year. The app appeared easy to use. "

• "Very easy to use. Fantastic customer support! "

• Cons

• "Can be complicated to use at times but customer support helps "

• "The part that I liked least was the building of the online webpage. It was overall very intuitive, but some of the functions were difficult to manage. "

• "We had a little trouble with giving the people a “for sale” donation item. We worked it out, but the system was not letting us do it the way we were hoping. "

Browse Auctria Reviews

Cäcille from OutRight Action International

The BEST bang for your buck and more

Overall, for having this be the first and only auction software I've ever used, this has been an amazing experience. I loved learning the ins and outs of Auctria, and strongly recommend it for smaller auctions, and if the slight kinks are worked out, strongly recommend it for big auctions. There's a lot of potential with Auctria, and I'm hoping they succeed. I think they will

Pros

I loved most everything Auctria has to offer. 1.) The team there is phenomenal. I don't think I've ever gotten such instant quality support on anything so consistently in my ENTIRE life. Literally, when I send a support email, I expect a reply back in maybe a day or two. Auctria responds in less than 3 hours, sometimes in literally HALF an hour. amazing. 2.) Even without all my nonsense questions, the guides that Auctria has are very detailed and I could relatively easily figure everything out myself – which I mostly did, but it's nice having the Auctria team to ask questions to. Especially since they're so accessible! 3.) Their features to capture donor information is second to none. My favorite thing about Auctria is how they made the capture of information BEFORE the event so simple and easy. The only thing that sucks was having to input "guest" information at the event, but Auctria tied every guest to the purchaser, so even then, they covered bases by allowing us to know who to contact if we needed something from someone. 4.) From silent auctions, to online, to even live, Auctria literally covers everything so well and seamlessly. 5.) Checking out final bids is so easy. no chasing down people for cc information – with maybe one or two who for some reason chose not to register their card.

Cons

1.) Auctria's only con that I found so far was with it's app and online bidding. I didn't find online bidding so seamless, when someone needs either an email address/bidding number and a password in order to log in. As I was testing the app, I found befuddled on why someone needed a password, and found that some people weren't able to make a password, effectively not allowing them to bid online. I rectified this with having online kiosks, but we definitely lost some money because of this. We might not use Auctria next year because of this which saddens me. Making the online bidding process simpler though would make my team change their minds I'm sure.

Response from Auctria

Replied May 2019

Thanks for sharing your auction story. Happy to read Auctria surpassed your expectation for support help. Thanks for sharing the simplicity you found with the program. Regarding the mobile app and access- bidders can be sent or given an access code to sign into the app or website without needing to set up a password. Please reach out to help@auctria.com so we can share more information and more details. Thanks for being our cheerleader and hope all your fundraising goals are surpassed.

Quinn from Cat Town

Fantastic service

We were able to put our whole event website and catalog together in less than a week, and when we ran into any issues, the incredible help team went above and beyond, at one point working late into the night with us to get everything ready in time. Once we saw how good our auction looked, we upped our goal by $5K, and then went live. Auctria is more than a great value, it's a fantastic tool for any virtual fundraiser!!

Pros

The most fun feature was that everyone could see bids happen in real time! We hit our goal, and many of our supporters let us know that they had tons of fun seeing bids roll in, so I consider seeing the bids in real time to be an important motivator for hitting our goal. The most useful feature was the mass upload function for photos and descriptions. We had 500 items, and could never have launched on time without this feature!

Cons

The backend portal to build the website was a bit limited — for example, I would have liked to be able to change the colors on the Donate buttons to match the rest of our custom colors. However, it was still better than what I saw with other products, and once we got the hang of it, it was easy to use.

Reasons for Choosing Auctria

The batch upload function was our primary reason for choosing Auctria, but in addition to that, the user experience was so much more refined, streamlined, and customizable, and the pricing was much more affordable, so more of our funds went toward our mission.

Reasons for Switching to Auctria

OneCause really messed up my last event, with no way to fix it, and cost 20x more than Auctria. We're a smal organization, so the pricetag was too much for us, but at the time we thought it might increase our revenue from paper bid sheets and wanted to give it a try. Using Auctria was an easy switch because we didn't need the live auction functionality, and now that I've used it, I think we'll continue with Auctria for all events in the future.

Response from Auctria

Replied September 2020

Thank you Quinn for the very detailed review. I do hope this will help others make a favorable decision to use Auctria. "We hit our goall" is the what we love reading the most! fyi- yes, you can edit the donate button colors on the website, if you want help for next time (or if you have the website still up for ongoing donations) email us hello@auctria.com and we can help.

Jaime from Rocky Mountain Feline Rescue

Clean Appearance and Ease of Function Increased Event Revenue

Pros

The website produced for our auction was easy to brand and create with the pre-made section and row content. It was great to create the initial set up and have auction items automatically update as entered on the backend of the system. The end result was a clean, professional looking site far superior to other auction platforms we have used, and the aesthetic appeal and ease of use increased out overall revenue by 75% compared to previous years using other software. The resources section was helpful as well.

Cons

My only complaint is that there doesn't appear to be a function to create scheduled communications to event participants. While I was able to create emails ahead of time, I had to log in at the send time to manually take that step instead of setting up a series ahead of time.

Reasons for Choosing Auctria

Best price for the available options and carried the most professional, easily branded end result.

Reasons for Switching to Auctria

We wanted a cleaner, more professional look and more resources to increase our impact.

Response from Auctria

Replied March 2021

Happy to read you used Auctria to raise funs for Rocky Mountain Feline Rescue. Thanks for pointing out the streamlined activity from backend to public website. We really do strive to make it easy. Got your note on scheduling, and will add a plus-one to the development team's request list. We are always looking to improve. Just this week we added scheduling for visibility on the website.

Anne from iamHeart

Auctria auction review

We had a successful auction but my overall rating of auctria was a 6-7 out of 10 only because I feel there are some kinks they need to work on.

Pros

I liked that the customer service was quick to respond, I liked that the website portion was easy to use and create once I watched the tutorial.

Cons

I didn't like that the customer service reps weren't available for calls or instant messaging help. I didn't like how difficult it was to set up the credit card system I didn't like how difficult it was to set up the kiosk part

Response from Auctria

Replied August 2019

Thanks for the feedback Anne. As you stated Auctria's customer service is web/email/ message based and not phone support. This allows us to keep the license fee very low and more money in the pocket of the fundraiser. We do run webinars regularly, these are live events and we do open it up to Q&A at the end. If you missed a topic they webinars are available for playback too. Love for you or your team to join us. Sorry you had difficulty setting up the cc, our support team is always here to help. The good part is once its set up it's done, so there are no additional set-ups for your next auction fundraiser. Our support team is always nearby, please reachout- hello@auctria.com

Joan from Monterey County Pops!

Industry: Music

Review of The Monterey County Pops! 2020 Uncorked! Online Fundraiser Using Auctria Software

Everyone ~ our board members, friends and family who bid on items and others who just checked us out ~ all were very impressed with the format and the ease of moving around the auction items and the readability of each of the pages. It was a very positive experience for all of us!

Pros

For me, as the Chairperson of the Uncorked! Fundraiser, I really appreciated the organization of all the categories. Everything about the software was thorough and comprehensive and included all the essential information on the bidders on the donation items. I loved the way the bidding was tracked and bidders were notified of their status. The Dashboard was so extremely useful for referencing important information quickly. All our board members were very enthusiastic about how wonderful the Auctria format was. In fact, at our last board meeting, they confirmed that they want to go forward with doing the same thing again with Auctria for our 2021 fundraiser~ it was such a positive experience! And I as the Chairperson, am especially grateful for the help that I received whenever I had a question ~ I got my answer via email right away! Super impressive!

Cons

Perhaps you could make it more clear that after a bidder wins an item, they need to go back and complete the transaction. A few of our bidders thought that since they had already submitted their credit card information, that their credit card would automatically be debited. After a week or so of non-payment, I had to remind them to go back on the website and complete the transaction.

Reasons for Choosing Auctria

Another local fundraiser, Santa Lucia Highlands Wine Artisans Association, used Auctria and the excecutive director told me that she was very pleased with everything that Auctria did for them and she explained why. That was enough for me to settle on Auctria after a lot of comparison.

Response from Auctria

Replied February 2021

Thank you for taking the time to provide details here. This will certainly help others! Happy to read from the Chairperson, to the board members to the bidders all were delighted. Looks like you did lots of research and the referral from a local organization is kind. Your note here is very kind! Thank you for using Auctria. Hope you crushed your fundraising goal! Re: bidder close-out can be batched by the admin post event if there is a credit card on file. This give the organization much more control over the finances. If you want some help for next time please drop us an email hello@auctria.com.

Molly from Clarity Clinic of SW Wisconsin, LTD

Auctria Review

Overall, Auctria helped run our auction smoother. Now that I have used it once, using it in the future will be a lot easier. The price is unbeatable for what you get.

Pros

The software is very easy to use. Check in and check out was easy for people to pick up.

Cons

I didn't like that checkout didn't include what the items where. Check out people had to go to the bidder profile and then to checkout. There is a lot of features which is wonderful but it would have been nice to have someone consult us before so we knew what features we needed and others that we didn't. The software is not very user friendly to individuals that have visual difficulties. When you invert the colors, it is very hard to see buttons.

Reasons for Choosing Auctria

The price of Auctria was great and it had all the features I wanted. We did not want to go to a full mobile bidding auction. Auctria allowed us to still do the paper bid sheets but made putting the auction together easy with the printing and check out features.

Response from Auctria

Replied October 2019

Thank Molly for using Auctria for fundraising with Clarity Clinic of SW Wisconsin, LTD. Happy to read that you find check in and checkout easy. Please reach to our support team for help using any features. Email: hello@auctria.com or in-app messaging. We truly want you to have the best auction fundraising experience possible. Regarding checkout and items is a bit upsetting, this is the core of the platform streamlining donor-item-bidding-checkout. During checkout all items, donations, for sale purchases are on the checkout screens as well as bidder statements. By default bidder Bidder statements will show all the activity: items won, purchases, donations and payments from bidders. Bidder statements can be further modified to include or exclude: item description, item value, & tax deductible status. Thanks for taking the time to leave these details so we can help. Hope all your future bids soar!

Kate from Spark Central

Industry: Fund-Raising

For the price, it can't be beat

We used a different software for our first paddle raise fundraiser and it was sort of a disaster. It didn't have the functionalities that Auctria does, like sending out automatic receipts and customizable website. This year we're working on adding the mobile auction feature to increase our money raised.

Pros

Honestly, the price. It is SO much less expensive and has most of the same bells and whistles as more expensive software. It accomplished everything we needed.

Cons

The aesthetics of the site design could use some work. It would be amazing if it integrated smoothly with a more established web-building platform like Squarespace or Wix, but I realize that would likely affect the price.

Price

Reasons for Switching to Auctria

The price, and Charity Auctions Today seemed to get frustrated with our learning curve in learning the software. There are also more resources to get help for Auctria.

Response from Auctria

Replied September 2019

Thanks Kate for taking the time to leave a review. I'm already looking forward to your continued success with your next auction utilizing the mobile app. FYI, in the Welcome Back to Fall 2019 webinar we talk about some best practices with the mobile app. The webinar ran in August (and can be viewed for playback; and we are conducting another live webinar, same content 9/25. Webinars are open to everyone and always free. Are you referring to the dedicated auction website? If so, I have good news- this is being upgraded right now and in final testing. Please reach out if we can provide any additional help, hello@auctria.com

Joceline from Washington Ensemble Theatre

Industry: Fine Art

Auctria works for small non-profit

COVID meant our biggest fundraising event of the year could not happen. We needed a way to still invite people to give our organization money in a fun, virtual way. Auctria provided a great alternative for a virtual silent auction.

Pros

Building an online auction was simple and intuitive. Registration for users was easy. Bidders loved the option to get text messages about the items they were bidding on.

Cons

The customizations for the web interface were lacking. An itemized list of emails you can/should customize would be helpful as part of the introduction.

Reasons for Choosing Auctria

Price and familiarity. Many of the companies in my industry have opted for Auctria. It made the most sense to go with a software that our donor-base would be most familiar with.

Reasons for Switching to Auctria

Auctions by Salesforce is only for back-end management of a fundraiser. I needed something that would allow for virtual bidding by our donors.

Response from Auctria

Replied March 2021

Thanks Joceline for giving Auctria 10/10 as Liklihood to Recommend and the shout-put on ease of use for Registration & Bidders text. RE: the email note, thanks for the feedback we are always trying to improve. This will be shared internally. Sounds like you found the area to customize but would have like to have be aware earlier? If you want to share more specifics please feel free to email us hello@auctria.com Hope you crushed your fundraising goals.

John from The Advocacy Telecom Group SWFL

A great vehicle for auctions

Great staff, great product, easy to make changes and have already recommended it to other chapters. Made just under $14,000 which goes to High school culinary programs in SWFL

Pros

When the Florida Restaurant & Lodging Association asked us to find a platform for a charity auction, we researched every major platform, and concluded Auctria was the best bang for the buck. After selecting them, we found it was incredibly user friendly with absolutely no holes in the product. Great platform with complete instructions. Had 1 question I had to contact them for.

Cons

There was not a single flaw that affected our auction, and we had a total of 3 questions by bidders, that were easily answered

Reasons for Choosing Auctria

Functionality, ease of use, support and price/performance made this an easy decision. It was a superior solution by miles

Response from Auctria

Replied December 2020

This review is so helpful, many times prospective buyers will ask us "will my bidders understand...?" Thanks for sharing your experience. Thanks for using Auctria.

Kristin from Whispering Grace Horses

Excellent platform for Fundraising Events

Excellent. Can’t wait to use again! Their customer service was outstanding and they are very thorough when answering questions!!!

Pros

We were so pleased with Auctria’s platform for our fundraiser. It is super user friendly and we were able to get questions answered so quickly through messaging. Our event went smoothly from beginning to end, thanks to Auctria’s help! We will definitely be using the software next year as well and have recommended to other event Leaders to uses as well.

Cons

Not much we didn’t like!!! I would love for Auctria to possibly offer/list with permission, those in your area that have used the software and are familiar with the website so that if there is someone in your area, they would be able to meet you to train and discuss how it went and any hiccups along the way!

Reasons for Choosing Auctria

Because of price and customer service and no pressure phone calls.

Response from Auctria

Replied October 2019

Love the title to this review "Excellent platform for Fundraising Events". Your genuine and kind words regarding Auctria are appreciated. Your recommendation to others is flattering. Re: the note about finding other Auctria auction teams- we are active on Facebook and the page is OPEN for posts. Feel free to post on there to reach others in your region. Hope all your future bids soar!

Andrea from Halton Hills Christian School

School virtual auction

Fantastic. Reliable. [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] was always available and willing to help

Pros

Easy to use. Reliable customer service.

Cons

We felt that the uploads took a bit longer than expected. No big deal

Reasons for Choosing Auctria

Trial run was easy to access. Feedback from other schools

Response from Auctria

Replied December 2020

Thanks for noting the trial run with Auctria easy to access. Our demo is available to anyone, full version, for unlimited time. We believe this is the best way to test-drive the platform. Thanks for using Auctria, hope this is the first of many years.

Lisa from Queen of the Holy Rosary

First Time Online Auction - Went So SMOOTH!

This was our first year with an online auction. Typically we have a live auction 2 a year for our church. At first we were using paper tickets only and at the end it was a nightmare trying to calculate everyone's totals as they were waiting in line to pay. Over the years I have used Excel, MS Access and even Google Forms and Sheets. After last year's auction I decided I wanted an easier program and started looking. I had come up with another option but then COVID hit and another church used Auctria. They raved about it - so I looked into it. It really is easy to use. We did have a few people call the church office to ask some questions about registering and I received some emails for password resets (I just clicked the "send access token" button on their bidder page) and that was it! We are definitely going to use this even when we go back to the Live Auction. We had several parishioners that really enjoyed bidding online (and believe me - not many were happy about it at first - people don't like change!) Several parishioners have asked if we will have a hybrid auction next year - part done online and go to Live. We are working out how we want to handle it, but know we will do some sort of combination next year. We had several buyers that would not normally have been at our picnic and bid this year. We had bidders that didn't win anything make a donation anyway. All in all it was a successful first foray!

Pros

This is a very robust system - has a ton of capabilities - but it is VERY EASY to use! I took time to set up the auction at the beginning. I went through EVERY TAB to make sure that I had all of the setting the way we wanted them. I was able to chat with customer service and they were EXTREMELY helpful! Even on the weekends - when they should have been off - they still answered very quickly. They were able to code in some special requests for reports for me. They listened to product enhancement suggestions. I liked the ability to paste a photo link for the items. I used a lightbox to photograph most items and I uploaded to my Google Account. I was easily able to get the photo address and paste it in item. Worked great! I also used the photo editing when I needed to add "Picture is a Representation". Very easy to use!

Cons

I wish that when bidders registered they could put in their company name as well. For us it is super important to recognize the company name as well as the person from the company. Both need the recognition. I ended up adding the company name (when I knew it) to the First and Last Name fields. Sometimes I found the reporting cumbersome. I wanted to be able to see all of the items that were being bid on and see the bidder, with the price as well as the donor. A good snapshot report of everything. I was finally able to create something but I didn't see an easy way to add that to a "Favorites" Section. I kept forgetting where I finally found the report. Would be a nice add. I did use the save the view function. But I just could never remember which report to pull. :)

Reasons for Choosing Auctria

Other churches in our area used Auctria so I was able to get personal feedback on how easy it was to use.

Reasons for Switching to Auctria

I was the only one that was comfortable using them. I needed to be able to hand this off to someone when I can no longer do it myself.

Response from Auctria

Replied October 2020

Lisa- gigantic thank you for taking time out of your day to leave a lovely detailed review. I do hope others find it useful. It sounds like it was time for your group to shift to a more sophisticated auction system- so happy you chose Auctria. Moving from paper tickets, excel and google form & sheets hopefully save you quite a bit of time. You are an incredible resource for your church!! RE; company name, good news- you can add that as a required field for registration, this can be found under Registration Options--> Ask for bidder's company-->yes/no. RE: saving reports as favorites has come up before too, I'll add your vote for plus one to that one! Thanks for feedback- it is always appreciated as we continuously try to improve. Congratulations to you and Queen of the Holy Rosary on a successful event!

Susan from Racine Neighborhood Watch, Inc.

Industry: Public Safety

"Take a Taste Out of Crime Online" First Time

While using an online auction website for the first time did involve much work and a lot of learning, in hindsight, it was much easier and less complicated than I thought it would be. Kudos to a top-notch support team; each representative was spot-on with prompt responses and (very patient) assistance. If found the Facebook page extremely helpful; I appreciated the Facebook group where I could pose questions to "experienced" event planners in search of best practices used by others. We have been toying with adding online bidding options to our in-person event for several years. We have received such overwhelming and positive response to the auction (professional appearance, ease of use), we have begun talking about how to perhaps incorporate technology (Auctria's platform!) in our 2021 event.

Pros

Since 2015 and prior to this year, we had been using the Auctria platform for our in-person event which included upwards of 160 silent auction items, 18 bucket raffles items, and "big item" raffles. It worked well to house sponsor and donor data as well as auction item information and details. Printing up pen-to-paper bid sheets was easy and simple. With COVID19 restrictions, we had to move our fundraiser to an virtual event. Since much of our data was already entered into Auctria, it was easy to re-categorizing pieces from "silent" to "online." It was turn-key! Everything was linked and automatically connected to the auction website catalog pages. Our task then became taking and uploading pictures (using a phone camera!), and creating a website.

Cons

I found that some of the website templates for the auction website were cumbersome and limiting. In adding verbiage to the website homepage, I would have liked to have had more flexibility in font size choices and clearer information about padding and margins in text row blocks (this was the first time I have ever used a negative margin setting!!). My work around was to create a JPG text block and upload it as a picture. While not a software issue, I found the User Guide drill-down method for linking additional information difficult to follow. Often times, I would click on links which suggested other links, which suggested even more links, and I would fink myself lost looking for the solution or answer to a question. On the other hand, tech support is amazing!

Response from Auctria

Replied July 2020

Susan- thanks for hi-lighting the FB Group Auction Team Talk in this review. We are happy you found it useful. To anyone else looking to connect with other auction teams & experts please join us. Glad to see read your fundraiser was a success!

Eric from Mountain Sage Community School

Great fundraising event with Auctria's help along the way

When I'm not volunteering my time for the school I'm an IT manager and software engineer. I began by doing a pretty substantial product comparison before we chose Auctria. After comparing Auctria to other products that cost 10x as much I had two main concerns: 1. How can it be so much more affordable than the competition (what's wrong with it)? 2. No phone or night-of support. After using the product to host a fundraising event with an online/mobile silent auction with on-site kiosks, mobile and remote bidde, a live auction, games, and event with ticket sales and related website, I can say I was amazed at the value and support we received. The product has a ton of well-designed functionality built in. I'd like to feel like we used most of it but there were still areas we didn't touch. As for the support, I have to agree with what many others have said. I've never seen such responsive e-mail support and I've been in the industry for 20 years. We must have sent at least 20 e-mails in the few months we had. They always responded quickly; at most by the next business day, but often the same day and sometimes within minutes. More importantly their responses were always very helpful. None of that having to battle through two levels of support before you get to anyone that knows anything. Sometimes, rather than just explain how to do something, they would make a change for us and then explain the "how". They have good documentation and were always very courteous and helpful.

Pros

Excellent price. Excellent support. Well-designed flexible platform that supported our needs. Modern simple-to-use interface with well thought-out workflows such as check-in/out. Built-in support for credit cards. Built-in ways to engage with bidders, donors, etc. Built-in reporting, export and import functionality.

Cons

Lack of premium support option for off-hours support the night of the event (at least at the time). We did fine without it but I can understand that being a deal breaker for some. It nearly was for me, but I'm glad we decided to go with Auctria. At first we were planning to use the live auction website tool for the live auction, but found it was easier to get the presentation we wanted using Powerpoint. With all the enhancements they keep making that can very well have changed by now.

Reasons for Choosing Auctria

Lots of positive online recommendations/feedback, breadth of features, and the price

Response from Auctria

Replied February 2020

Eric-- your review encapsulates Auctria's mission and culture! Eric's review says everything we strive for. Auctria is an easy to use, powerful tool to run your fundraising events. Take your auction to new heights and raise more for your cause. Thank you so much for taking the time to leave such a detailed review. Hope you crushed your fundraising goals.

Judith from Boys & Girls Clubs of Southwest Washington

The best deal in town!

This is an excellent product/solution for event management. It is very easy to teach new volunteers or staff to use it, and it does everything we need for our auction event that much more expensive packages have. I often recommend this to other nonprofits. Tremendous value for the price!

Pros

The ease of use, user friendly. The tutorials are straightforward and support team is superb! Whenever something new is introduced (not a frequent issue, but there have been a couple of updates in the 5 years I have used it), the support team is VERY responsive. And works to get answers and help when needed. The Stripe integration is excellent, and the website set up is very, very easy for a non-web designer. Also love the history within each bidder file. Reports are great. It's fast and works VERY well in the flurry of an auction or other fundraising event. The fluidity of issuing statements (email or hard copy) has proven valuable in collecting donation pledges/receivables MUCH faster.

Cons

I would like to be able to label an event something other than an "Auction" and sometimes use other terminology such as "Guest" instead of "Bidder". This was the first time I used the software for a $0 ticket price event (totally paid for by sponsorships) and some of the wording on the online sign up was awkward. Will be interested in seeing if there is a better way to set that up next time.

Reasons for Choosing Auctria

Extremely competitive with all the functionality we need, and the price point is perfect. I sourced this product in a previous job, it was excellent then, and I was very excited to come back to it in my current position.

Response from Auctria

Replied December 2019

Judith, 5 years and 5-stars across the board! Thanks for taking the time to leave such a detailed review. I'm SURE this will help others understand your usage of Auctria and how it can help other groups with an auction-event-fundraiser. Re: website titles reach out to our support team- we are getting ready to launch a brand-new designer beginning 2020 that I hope will make you even happier. If you want to use right now we can do a one-off-beta for you. Email hello@auctria.com or in-app messaging. Hope you crush all your fundraising goals!

Brad from Asheville Buncombe Community Christian Ministry (ABCCM)

Auctria Is An Incredible DIY Auction Program

I looked at so many different programs. This one was so good when we went back to a paper-based silent auction, the item descriptions, bid sheets, catalog, and back office capability was so good we renewed the subscription. Of note, the mobile bidding is incredible and easy to use.

Pros

The user tile-based interface is intuitive. The dashboard both takes you where you need to go in the program and has updating totals, clocks, and other real-time features and not just static buttons. The back office and forms section for standard and customized bid sheets, item descriptions, table management cards are amazingly easy as they scaled themselves to fit our differing page formats. The post-auction reports are clear and concise. We really needed and appreciated the Excel import feature of all info. Now, the biggest worry you'll have in DIY auction program is customer service. They are in Canada, and they reply via text box and email. Before you click off this review let me tell you Rob and the customer service gang really answer the text box. I know it says hours but they never took more than minutes to answer my many questions. In fact, last year when there was a significant issue during the event, their super quick response saved the day as it was our first year running a mobile bidding platform. In terms of that, the text-based versus app-based system was flawless. Also, uploading item pictures and contributor's logo was super easy and translated across the bid sheet, item description, website, and catalogue. Oh, and let me tell you, the push-the-button catalog function, bid sheet function, item description function was so good, when we went back to a paper bidding system it was worth every bit of the subscription fee.

Cons

The tabs across the top of each feature page to customize need visual improvement to be as easy to click on and have a hover function to describe what they do. I'd have them add more to the report section where there could be item sales analysis of what went above and below value and group them to see what items would be good to have next year and which ones didn't work well both at a item and category level. Lastly, there needs to be a "cart" function. Mobile bidders want to highlight the five to ten items they want to bid on during the night. A really nice improvement would be a cart where like on eBay, they don't have to go in and out of pages to re-bid, rather their items are on one screen and they can bid up those items in their cart.

Reasons for Choosing Auctria

There were so many I couldn't remember them all. Blackblaud's new product was one. They were very expensive, required their staff to come and run things, they were app-based instead of text-based, and many did not have printable forms.

Reasons for Switching to Auctria

The old one didn't have the ease and printable sheets we needed

Response from Auctria

Replied August 2019

Brad! Love that you shared your exact experience with lots of details, how & whys. Thanks for the comment "Now, the biggest worry you'll have in DIY auction program is customer service. They are in Canada, and they reply via text box and email. Before you click off this review let me tell you Rob and the customer service gang really answer the text box. I know it says hours but they never took more than minutes to answer my many questions." ... and Brad, you must have spider-man-senses? We are exploring the shopping cart type functions. Glad to see you used the mobile application too. The immediate outbid notifications really help bids soar. Hope you crush all your fundraising goals!

Ute from Vernon Jubilee Hospital Foundation

Great software for gala and auction

Overall, it was great to have this software for the entire organizing process of our hospital gala. We are talking a very elaborate event with about 250 guests, 100+ donors, and over 150 auction items. In the past all of these things got tracked in multiple spread sheets and if anything changed, it would have been a disaster. This year, using Auctria, everything was in one place, very easy to see in detail or at a glance. If guests or meals or seating arrangements changed, it was so easy to do and follow and just to stay on top of it. I realized, that even though I have been using this system for a few month prior to our gala, there are still many functions we have never even touched. I would highly recommend this software and am extremely glad I did decide for this particular software (never used any other one, but wouldn't switch), but also recommend to take the time to read the manual, play around and take time to understand the many many function to utilize it to its best potential.

Pros

I enjoyed how intuitive the use of the software was. Anything I wanted to do, was possible with this software. There were a couple times were I would provide my volunteers with a log in and they basically figured it out on their own as it was very easy to use and understand the software. Setting up the website, took a little time, but also once I understood how it worked, not a big deal. Enjoyed that I had all info from guests names, seating arrangements, auction items, donors and supporters and much more all handy in one place. Made the reconciliation at the end very easy. I did use an outside budget for this time, but think in the future I would purely use Auctria for that as well. Now that the event is over, it is great to still be able to see all the guests info and pull all different reports we may want to see. The customer service was great in answering any questions I had ahead of time via email, but unfortunately I was never given a phone number to connect with them on the spot. And as it is most often for me, I usually wait with doing something until it needs o be done now and if I couldn't get an instant answer I had to wait and get back at it later. Not their fault, more my own, but I wished sometimes there would have been a live chat or phone number to call. Even though, usually their replies came within a couple hours or overnight as I am on the west coast.

Cons

There isn't much I didn't like. I guess the only thing I didn't understand until we were at the event was that we had the 0.3% charge on Auctria per transaction + the 2.69% on Stripe. The system does show the option to add those fees to the invoice, but we didn't realize it until it was too late. So now we have to cover a pretty large invoice of stripe fees we didn't expect. Anyways, more my fault for not paying attention to ahead of time. But in the future I would certainly add that to the guest check-out or if they want to not pay it, just charge more on our credit card machines then through the system. I also had a couple guests that commented that they weren't able to go back into their registration and make changes to their guest list or meal selection. This must have been a glitch in the system, but wasn't a big deal. For my side, I found it a little confusing with the e-tickets and ticket statements and such, as they weren't fully clear to me what each of them was about and even more so, I thought I had it set up that everyone how registered would receive it automatically. This was only the case for the people that self-registered but not the ones I added manually.

Response from Auctria

Replied June 2019

Hi Ute, thank you SO MUCH for the detailed review, it's sure to help others understand the power and simplicity of Auctria. With 250 guests 100+ donors and 150 auction items sounds like a success--happy to read Auctria helped you ditch the spreadsheets! Yes, Auctria is full of even more features, join our free webinars or watch on playback when it convenient for you to learn more. Also, we invite you and your auction team to follow Auctria on Facebook & Twitter to get even more tips and auction fundraising advice.

Penny from Shawnee Mission UU Church

Excellent Product. Worth every single cent!

Accurate accounting of the major fundraiser (other than our annual operating fund campaign) for our church. Also ability to maintain and manage accounts receivable (we don't take payment on the night of our auction). Help in recruiting volunteers for the auction - volunteer data entry is easier to come by when the data entry can be done remotely and is easy to learn. Our church is just a medium-sized one (350 members) and we cannot afford to spend thousands to have someone come in and run our yearly auctions. A yearly cost of less than what we pay is far less than the value we receive for this software. Our auctions have reached thousands od dollars in income the past two years. We are very excited about that. My ONLY concern is that should Auctria go out of business that we would lose all our data. THAT would be awful. I would hope and pray that we would be offered CSV files of all our data before it "disappeared."

Pros

Multi-user, retention of data by auction, emailing of invoices and donation receipts, and the ability to copy data from one auction to the next. Exceptional customer support and response. Our church uses this software so our auction's donors and bidders are mostly the same people. We auction items that have multiple winners (gourmet dinners, themed parties, etc. ). A few emails back and forth was all it took to get the software to handle this accurately. I searched quite a long while for a replacement for our ancient software (that was a multi-user nightmare) and I hit the jackpot when finding Charity Auction Organizer. I am a retired programmer/analyst and this software was easy to learn, has excellent Help, and the personalized support we needed. Taking awhile to get used to the newest version with Auctria, but we'll get there. Have used this product for four of our church's auctions and one other non-profit auction. We'll be using it again November 2018.

Response from Auctria

Replied May 2017

Auctria was built for groups like yours! Auctria is not going anywhere. Even if you stop using Auctria the data is yours to access. We pride ourselves on full features and great value. To ease your mind Auctria does have export features under Import/Export -> Export and any report on the screen can be exported as a PDF/XLS/CSV file using the 'Actions' menu at the bottom of the page.

Zackary from Rainbow City Performing Arts

Industry: Music

Great for our nonprofit!

Auctria increased the productivity of our 2019 annual fundraiser dramatically. This year we had 70% of last year’s attendance, and made $300 more than what we made gross last year. We were able to save time during check-in and checkout as the guests were processed before and after our auction. Our event stayed on time, and was even five minutes ahead of schedule for a while. Guests made comments about how professional our operation was and were impressed with the quickness and ease with which we handled their information. The reports we were able to generate regarding income helped us to understand how much money we had made very quickly, even before the evening had ended, so we were able to report our winnings to the guests to let them know how much they had helped us. Auctria is an amazing software for small nonprofit organizations that cannot afford to pay the exorbitant fees of other auction software companies. I one hundred percent would recommend this to another organization, and we will definitely be using it for all of our events in the future.

Pros

I liked how easy the software was to use, learn, and teach. It had a great user interface and is very organized, with options to easily create reports. This makes data sharing an easy process.

Cons

There was not a lot to dislike about the Auctria software. It was well described and demonstrated on the website, easy to understand, easy to purchase and implement. I really cannot think of anything I dislike.

Reasons for Choosing Auctria

Auctria fit within our organization’s budget for the event. It was described and demonstrated very well on the website, and we were able to get a lot of information about the product without having to schedule a consultation. I appreciated this greatly, as the process saved me a lot of time compared to what I had to go through with other companies that withheld the cost of their service and what their service provided. Auctria takes a modern approach to auction management and I appreciate the DIY support that greatly improved our event.

Response from Auctria

Replied October 2019

Thanks Zackary for taking the time to leave really genuine and detailed comments. You said it all so nicely! Hope you crush all your future fundraising goals.

Elizabeth from North Parish of North Andover

Excellent Reasonably Priced Software Product!

A+ experience. A great product.

Pros

Auctria has thought of just about everything needed for a Silent Auction. Gift certificates, display sheets, bid sheets, receipts, and online catalogs. Everything prints from the system seamlessly. They have kept up with technology by adding online features. The ability to text winners s added in the last few years has made our auction close out so much smoother. Technical support is incredibly responsive -- I usually have a response within an hour or two on the rare occasion I have a problem.

Cons

Some of the functionality is buried too deep- or requires an additional step --especially on Auction close out. Since I use the close out only once a year for an annual auction, sometimes I find I can't easily find a particular function during the craziness of check out. For example, when you put in a bidder for check out only their total comes up -- not their individual items. It took awhile to figure out how to find their list of items they actually won.

Reasons for Choosing Auctria

Auctria had the best overall features and seemed to have thought through all the elements of an auction more fully than the other products we were considering at the time.

Response from Auctria

Replied December 2019

So nice to read reviews from admin's like you, Elizabeth, that have used Auctria for multiple years. Thanks for the loyalty and the 10/10 likelihood to recommend. That means a lot! Truly appreciate the feedback on closeout. We did run a webinar on this topic, it is available at any time for playback-- however we did not cover this exact feature. We will consider doing so for the next one. If you CAN attend a webinar live we do open it to questions & answers at the end. Hope to 'see' you online. Hope you crush all your fundraising goals at North Parish of North Andover.

Christina from Dodge City Community College Foundation

Industry: Fund-Raising

Amazing software! Made our event wonderful!

We were looking for usable, cost-effective software to help with our hybrid event during the pandemic. We appreciated the many video tutorials and the quick response during the week from customer service. We were not excited to see that prices are skyrocketing for next year (we paid $270 and are now going to have to pay for the same exact service at more than $600 next year!). Overall we are pleased with the software and are looking into using it again for our event next year (even if it is entirely in person).

Pros

Loved the ease of building the website for our auction event. Check-out for our patrons as well as for us the next day was absolutely seamless. I was very happy with the functionality and the reports were incredibly helpful. Customer service was AMAZING with answering our questions quickly. However, they are not available on weekends (when we had our event unfortunately).

Cons

I would have liked to have had better instruction regarding live auction items, integrating into a hybrid event (where not only online bidding is happening, but where in-person folks are also bidding online). We opened some of the live auction items for bidding at the same time online as our "silent auction" items. We closed all "silent auction" items at 8:00 pm while keeping the live auction items going individually at the end. However, every single live auction item closed at the same time (8:00 pm) as the rest of the auction, right in the middle of bidding! Upon inspection, the live auction items did not have the same close time as the silent auction so we couldn't figure out what happened. A quick fix of extending out the entire auction to 10:00 pm and MANUALLY re-opening our live auction items took care of it, but we had some confused in-person bidders for about 10 minutes. That was very frustrating. There was no customer service available on weekends.

Reasons for Switching to Auctria

Bid Station was cumbersome, slow to respond, and Access database-based. It had some quirks regarding how you entered things. It also didn't have the ability to create a website as we needed. The need for a professional looking online platform was the biggest reason for the switch.

Response from Auctria

Replied December 2020

Thanks for noting how easy the ease in building the website and check-out. Sorry you had a few bumps Christina. Auctria does monitor support for urgent issues on the weekend, should you need to in the future PLEASE reach out. Hope you crushed your fundraising goal!

Cecil from Palmetto Animal Assisted Life Services

Auctria is Outstanding

Auctria is very open to suggestions for improvement. Most importantly they ALWAYS answer questions about issues or problems in a VERY prompt manner using their online chat tool.

Pros

This is a great package for running silent, online auctions as well as managing event registration and ticket sales. We were looking for a reasonably priced solution to run our annual UN-Gala fundraising event. We looked at a lot of different packages. Auctria was clearly the best for the money. We use it to sell tickets and register guests/bidders. To run the online/silent auction, the live auction and the fund-a-need auction at the event. And to checkout winning bidders at the end of the night.

Cons

Actually, I don't dislike anything about the software. I wish someone / somewhere would come up with a good way of entering fund-a-need auction bids in real time so that the bids don't get lost in the transcription.

Reasons for Choosing Auctria

Functionality for the price. And if I had known how great their support was going to be in advance, I would have added that to the selection reason.

Response from Auctria

Replied October 2019

Thanks Cecil for the detailed review. Really enjoy reading how you used so many features to run the entire auction event for Palmetto Animal Assisted Life Services UN-Gala. As you described the continuity throughout the entire event remains all on one platform for streamlined efficiency. As of now, as you stated the fund a need does require a spotter and entering the information to the system. Note: the development team has fund-a-need optimizer on the list, I'll add your +1. Follow us on Facebook and Twitter as we post all enhancements as they roll out. Thanks also for the shout out to the support team, I will share your feedback. Hope all your bids soar!

Katie from St. Charles Borromeo School

First Virtual Silent/Live Auction

We were hugely successful in our fundraiser this year. We raised the most money ever. We learned so much through this process, and will surely use Auctria for our future auction fundraisers. I have already recommended this program to other schools in similar circumstances to our own.

Pros

The updated edition of the Auctria program allowed us to make an attractive website where people could find lots of information about our event from a countdown to fundraising thermometer, ticket purchase, item catalogue and video footage. We were able to integrate the software into our first ever virtual auction. We utilized many features of the Auctria program, as well as, new features. We used the features for raffles, silent, live auction as well as cash donations. It was easy to use, and when we encountered issues or questions, we just reached out to the Auctria team for clarification and support. They were quick to respond and helped us navigate going virtual.

Cons

Sometimes our team struggled to understand some of the features of the software or how to integrate features into the website. In these circumstances, the Auctria team answered our questions or assisted our team in developing a solution that fit our needs.

Reasons for Choosing Auctria

We chose Auctria for the combination of price and features available that suited our needs.

Response from Auctria

Replied June 2020

Wow Katie. Thanks for your time in leaving a detailed review. This will surely help others understand both the power and flexibility of Auctria. So happy to read you raised the most money ever. Congratulations on a job well done by you and your team! Thanks for the referral to others-that is the best compliment we can receive.

Laura from Cohasset Youth Baseball & Softball Association

A fantastic tool in the toolbox!

I took great comfort in knowing that myself and my co-chair could work seamlessly on this same tool, and all information would be up to date with her/my entries. The dashboard was also a nice recap to share with the Board our progress toward our fundraising and ticket sales goals.

Pros

I loved the standardized collection and cross-reference of donors, items, and online ticket purchasing. I also liked the tracking of incomes and expenses as it made the wrap-up of the event very easy. I also liked the new slide-show of item images for the online catalog. Next time I would like to take advantage of the pre-bidding, online!!

Cons

I wish there were a place to have Sponsors submit their logos, and a dedicated field for them to indicate how they would like to be referenced on a "Sponsor Board". This is a very small thing, but when entering an item or a bid or other elements, it would be nice for the save button to be at the bottom of the screen as well, as that is the natural place for a user to look, instead of having to scroll back to the top and look on the right-hand side for the "save" button.

Reasons for Choosing Auctria

Specifically, the online ticket sales along with the item inventory were key in our choice of Auctria! Other options included PayPal, EventBright, RSVPify, and TicketLeap - all of which had the same or higher credit card and software fees, and none of which provided the support for donations, sponsorship tracking, and (on to the next step) thank you's!!

Response from Auctria

Replied November 2019

Love that your love the "standardized collection and cross-reference of donors, items, and online ticket purchasing". We truly mean it when we say the entire auction is streamlined and you described this so well! I will share your +1 for the lower save button with our dev team. Your very kind comments motivate us each day to help groups fundraise for all the beautiful causes. Hope all your fundraising is grand-slam!

Frances from La Conner Library Foundation

Brilliant database, outstanding support.

The thought of keeping track of all the bidders and auction items with multiple spreadsheets, or even setting up our own database was daunting. Auctria solved it for us. The developers' knowledge of how auctions work was especially helpful. Auctria anticipated many of our needs before we even realized we would need them.

Pros

It is a well-designed, very extensive database. Covers all the bases. The support team is outstanding, always available to answer questions and make recommendations. I've never had to wait more that a few minutes to hear back.

Cons

I have the most trouble working with the Auctria-generated auction web site features. A big learning curve for me there. Also editing system email docs (under the new beta feature). I'm not all that strong with html and some of the finished results are not as expected. But it's beta, so I look forward to improvements. The support team has been more than patient helping me through my issues with the web site.

Response from Auctria

Replied July 2019

Brilliant & outstanding are adjectives we love to read on our reviews. Especially since this means Auctria helped raise money for a great cause! Yes, the email beta is being updated to drag and drop (in fact it may be different than you used if it was a few weeks ago). Tip: try out any new features on the Auctria demo to keep your data clean. Glad to read our support team was helpful, reach out any time through the in-app messaging or email hello@auctria.com Hope you crush your fundraising goals.

Karen from Amigas Para Ninos

Auctria is Amazing!

Check out for our gala was always the most stressful part of the event. Auctria makes us look like pros. No more waiting in lines divided by the alphabet; any volunteer station can help any guest. There are no more piles of paper to sort and add the bids by hand. We honestly have very short lines at checkout which makes our last impression of the evening a good impression. In additions, we now have a great database of information about all aspects of our gala.

Pros

Auctria is so easy to use which is very important. My favorite feature is the amazing customer service. We've used Auctria for 4 years and Auctria makes improvements every year. They don't just make changes, they make IMPROVEMENTS. They incorporate the changes in a suttle way so we aren't completely re-training our volunteers every year, we just have to point out the new features.

Cons

The first year most of the credit cards were rejected because of the processor. The next year Auctria incorporated Authorize.net which enabled a variety of processors to work with Auctria. We used the processor we normally use for processing cards online and everything went smoothly.

Response from Auctria

Replied October 2018

THANK YOU for this feedback "Auctria makes us look like pros." and "Auctria is Amazing" Thanks for the 4-year review! We are humbled by your kind words yet pleased to read you enjoy all the new features and updates. Fun Fact: we started Auctria because we volunteered to run an auction fundraiser many years ago and they were using pencil & paper & nothing else! There had to be a better way! Happy to read you too have eliminated the check-out lines and put smiles on your bidders faces at the end of the night! Truly we appreciate all feedback and use it daily to make each event even better than the previous one.

Mary from Saint Rock Haiti Foundation

Lots of bang for the buck

We are a small non-profit without a lot of resources. We needed a robust and accurate solution to help us produce our gala which usually attracts 400 guests. Auctria provides the tools we needed to accomplish that without making a huge investment.

Pros

We have an annual gala with ticket sales, silent auction, and more. Auctria has a lot of functionality including online sales, online auction, forms, reports, and an event website editor. You can also send messages based on different criteria to your guests. Was able to create invoices that were automatically sent out after online purchases through the event website. The price is quite low for all the functionality. We used the online messaging feature to get technical support many times (included) and the response time was pretty quick, within hours.

Cons

The user interface took some getting used to. It would be great to have a way to integrate with a CRM. We use Salesforce and there is a lot of data entry to keep our systems in sync. The online bidding during our event was a little complicated. May be a lot for someone without any exposure to setting up these kinds of websites.

Reasons for Choosing Auctria

Too much customization (time) with Salesforce Events App.

Reasons for Switching to Auctria

Wanted an integrated solution including payment processor. Too many moving pieces with all the separate products.

Response from Auctria

Replied March 2020

Love your title of the review "lots of bang for the buck". As you stated, Auctria is full featured and glad to read yo used almost all! Thanks for taking the time to leave a detailed review Mary. 400+ guests is quite an undertaking, hope you crushed your goals.

Don from Camptown, Inc.

Good platform and customer service

Pros

We have been using Auctria for our in person silent auction for years. This year we had to go to a virtual event and used the online auction along with other features we have not used in the past. The learning curve was a little steep, but our concierge [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] was fantastic helping us get started. I highly recommend the Emerald plan if this is your first year. The feedback was very positive from our guest in the ease of registering and bidding. We had all items paid for within 24hrs.

Cons

Setting up was not the most intuitive however having had help from the concierge I think we can do it on our own next year. The home page was a little clunky in mobile view. Once our guests clicked on Online Bidding, it was fine.

Price

Response from Auctria

Replied December 2020

Thanks Don, so happy to read you were pleased with our Launch service. We truly hope this gave the opportunity to maximize all the Auctria features. As you noted this is an optional service to the Emerald or Diamond plan where Auctria does the set-up work for you. Thanks for choosing Auctria year over year.

Sharon from Olympia UU Congregation

Auctria helped us move on-line

Best auction software I've ever used. We've used it for three years for an in person auction. We had to go all on-line this year due to the pandemic, so for many of our participants, it was their first time to really interact with the website. We got rave reviews and comments like why would we ever do this any other way.

Pros

This software is amazing - it does absolutely everything I need it to. This is my fourth year using Auctria, and every year I discover an easier way to do something in the program. They continually improve the software, and it is clear they listen to their customers' needs.

Cons

I was reminded in helping a new user from another church that it can be a little tough to find some of the tools and menus until you get used to it and learn all the terminology.

Reasons for Switching to Auctria

Auction Systems (at the time) was a self-contained database, and while it could run on a LAN, it was trickier to do with multiple folks. It also didn't have nearly the same reporting and tracking tools. TogetherAuction is webbased and was created for an auction just like ours. The interface was horrible and the login was cumbersome for users. The only thing I miss about it was the way it handled event reminders for bidders and donors throughout the year.

Response from Auctria

Replied July 2020

Love reading "Best auction software I've ever used." and that this comes from a 3x user is quite powerful. Wow Sharon- your detailed review and comparison with other platforms is extremely helpful. Thanks for taking the time to share. Hope you crush your fundraising goal!

Jessica from Sacred Heart Catholic School of Poplar Bluff, MO

Industry: Primary/Secondary Education

Lifesaver for our school’s fundraising

Pros

Our school had been using fundraising software that was extremely old and risky to continue using. Auctria provides so many options for such a great price! Our first year, we only used it to keep track of our items and donors, and to check out. This year, due to COVID, we expanded our use to include online auctions, creation of the event website, and processing payments. Auctria allows multiple users so each person on our committee has become “experts” at certain functions of Auctria :) Auctria customer service is FANTASTIC. They reply to my inquiries within minutes, it seems!! They know their stuff so we never feel alone with their product. Can’t say enough good things about their customer service!

Cons

I really cannot think of any cons at this moment.

Reasons for Switching to Auctria

It was very old software! I don’t remember the name, but it was so limiting bc it was only on one computer.

Response from Auctria

Replied July 2020

Reading your review title "Lifesaver for school's fundraising" makes our hearts swell. We know it can be challenging to fundraise in the shadow of COVID. As you stated the Auctria platform already had in place online options that have been used for years by many thousands of groups. So glad you were able to pivot so smoothly with us. Congratulations on your fundraising efforts Jessica!

Renee from Bear on the Square Mountain Festival, Inc.

Auctions Made Easy

I just finished my 6th auction using Auctria, and will happily be renewing my account for next year's auction. Every year they have added new features or tweaked current features so that the software is more robust and easy to use. Tech support is responsive and clear in their answers, and the help documents are easily accessible and clearly written. It has made the entire process of putting on our auction much simpler and fun!

Pros

We needed an easier way to check our bidders in and out than on paper with a calculator. We got much more with this software. It scales to handle any size auction and offers features to not only check your bidders in and out, but build a website, print the catalogs, print the bid sheets, and anything else you'd like to be able to do for your auction. And it's easy to use once you are familiar with the user interface.

Cons

It took some time getting familiar with how things work in the software to become comfortable with it.

Response from Auctria

Replied May 2019

6 years with Auctria-- thanks Renee!! love the name of your event! Love even more your detailed review. Happy to read that you use all our favorite features: bidder management, dedicated website, catalogs, bid sheets. Yes, as you noted Auctria is always adding new features. The newest is the mobile application- this night be worth checking out for such an fun, activity filled, large event such as yours. When using bidders get immediate outbid notifications and can rebid directly from their mobile devices. Learn more here: from the main Auctria website, navigate to the top drop-down-->Learning Resources--> Fundraiser Article. Or reach out hello@auctria.com for more help. Hope all your future bids soar!

Barry from Miamisburg Rotary Club

Miamisburg Rotary Club - Auction

We've been using Auctria twice a year for 4 or 5 years for our Rotary Club Charity Auction and for our local Merchants Association Charity Auction. Of the different options, Auctria provides the best functionality and services for the price.

Pros

Auctria is an immense help for our organization with tracking bidders, item, accounts and reporting all associated data with our charitable auction. We save a LOT of time and effort over using our own spreadsheets.

Cons

There are minor adjustments to functionality that may help with some of our internal uses. The Auctria staff has looked into some of our ideas, (some dealing with pre-loading bidder numbers) but while it couldn't be done exactly as we had imagined, they were able to help us with a work around to meet our needs. Another occasional glitch is when a silent auction item fails to get the minimum bid, but was allowed to be purchased for below the minimum bid amount, we aren't always able to override the minimum, but have to go in and manually lower the minimum to be able to process the sale. Not a biggie, just a time consuming action (that I believe we've figured another work around for that). Overall, there aren't any significant "cons".

Response from Auctria

Replied March 2019

Two times a year for 4 years and still 10/10 likelihood to recommend! Thanks for taking the time to leave this review. We know time is money- especially when fundraising, so happy to read that Auctria was and is a time saver. We have all been there trying to do an auction with spreadsheets... that's why we built Auctria from the ground up in 2011 and continue to add features to make auction fundraising easy.

Sarah from HOPE Foundation

Industry: Civic & Social Organization

Easy to use and full of options

Our non-profit organization has used Auctria for 5 years and each year we learn more and more about what it offers. The manual is easy to follow and, as the Treasurer, the variety of financial reports are wonderful.

Pros

There are so many options to make our fundraising event successful including helping us build a website and making online catalogs for our auctions. I also like that there are several ways to get to the same destination. You don’t have to click on one option, there are many hyperlinks that can get you where you need to be.

Cons

We have used this software for several years but this year was the first time we attempted to register credit cards at check-in. That part went very well, but when we added winning bids and other activity to the bidder profile we did not realize it would charge their card at that moment, if we didn’t enter the bid in a certain way. We also had one user who, when processing card payments, would charge the donor the processing fee, so we had to go back and refund each of them, which was time consuming. This was a learning curve for us and something we should have read in the Manual before we attempted it. We easily resolved it and now we know exactly what to do for next year.

Response from Auctria

Replied May 2019

5 years with Auctria!! Thanks for allowing us to serve your auction fundraising needs. Happy to read you use more and more features each year- we recently released the mobile bidding app for Apple & Android devices. Reach out if you want more information- email: hello@auctria.com. Sarah, we hope your future bids soar!

Melanie from Maximum Net Events

Fantastic User Friendly Program

Auctria is a terrific product, and I recommend it to all of my clients and colleagues. It is a great value for the money, easy to use, and has incredible functionality.

Pros

Auctria is very intuitive, and so much easier to use than other nonprofit event softwares on the market. The database function is straight-forward and doesn't have too many layers to it, so data entry is really fast. The website, ticket sales component, donor/guest information, and night of event entry all sync together really well. It takes less than 5 minutes to train volunteers on guest registration, and the materials are quality. Any time that I have had an issue, which hasn't been often, Auctria will get back to me quickly with a solution.

Cons

The only thing I would change would be to make the display sheets a little more dynamic, so they could be individually altered. Perhaps if there were an option to download them as a Word file, it would make it easier to adjust text sizing, photo sizing, etc. Also, it would be great if Auctria had a mobile bidding component.

Response from Auctria

Replied February 2019

Hi Melanie GOOD NEWS- Auctria has just released mobile bidding applications for both Android and Apple devices. Apps are available for download in the Google Play Store and iTunes right now. Hope that makes Auctria even more fantastic for you. We strive to make Auctria easy to use and streamline the entire auction process so we are very happy to read that our goals are your reality. Thanks for taking the time to share your feedback.

Kyle from St. Stephen's Academy

Easy to use, great support and worked well.

Loved it and would use it again!

Pros

Cons

Some of the time the program flow is a little hard to figure out and not logical.

Reasons for Switching to Auctria

I needed registration and auction software all in one.

Response from Auctria

Replied March 2020

Thanks Kyle for using Auctria. Also thanks for pointing out the full features of Auctria. Yes, registration & auctions are the core of the product. Also included with every license (no up-charge) are: selling tickets online and at the door, tables, raffles, check-in, check-out, close-out, paddle read, a dedicated website and the lsit goes on. The very best part is that it is ALL streamlined. Hope you crushed your fundraising goals. Looking forward to you using Auctria for your next event fundraiser.

Carole from Catalina Island Women's Forum

Annual Wine Festival

Pros

Very easy for buyers to purchase tickets online as well as onsite sales. I liked that all purchaser information was captured and accessible when checking out winners of silent auction.

Cons

We had difficulty adding credit cards after onsite cash sale, but finally figured it out.

Reasons for Switching to Auctria

It was more expensive and complicated.

Response from Auctria

Replied September 2019

Wow! "We have been putting on annual event for 25 years. Auctria has made ticket sales and close out so much easier, faster and more accurate" Thanks for trusting Auctria for the last few! fyi- we do webinars regularly and recordings are on our website for playback. Two of to the most highly attended topics are: 1) Getting Started with Auctria (here we talk about cc connectivity) 2) Checkout & Closeout. Looks like you got all sorted but if you want to review for some best practices, this is just another resource. If you need any other help please reach out- hello@auctria.com

Gail from Assistance League of Denver

Fund Raising Software

We have saved money not hiring someone to help fun our fundraisers and we are doing a better job the company we hired. It is very time consuming for the person in charge of the software.. It would be hard to replace me in doing this job after I have done it for 2 years. Huge learning curve.

Pros

It links everything for running a fundraiser into one area. Ticket sales, live and silent auctions and donations. We can now do our own check in and check out at the event where we had been paying a company to do it and they were doing a very poor job. People attending our fundriaser have commented on the smooth check in and out process now that we are doing it ourselves with this software.

Cons

It take a lot of time to learn to do the different things in the software. I spend hours each year learning how to use it and setting it up and training others. Could have a more user interface.

Response from Auctria

Replied April 2019

Thanks Gail for taking the time to leave a review. We are always striving to improve Auctria and that means adding new features- we know this can make it seem more complicated however we hope it also makes Auctria more full featured. Quick tip- there are several levels of user access so you can safely share the auction workload. Glad to read that Auctria was able to streamline your auction process and help raise more money for your cause. Starting this month Auctria is conducting live webinars on using Auctria. These will be preserved for playback. Feel free to share with any new team members. For more information reach out hello@auctria.com.

Gina from Faubion Elementary School PTA

Faubion School PTA has had an exceptional experience with Auctria software!

Our school auction takes place every spring, does profit every year and sustains our PTA budget through the following year. We make enough to need a software system but we don't make enough to spend bookoo bucks on it. Auctria does everything we need including -*organizing and selling items *offering receipts to donors and buyers *offering customizable website that is easy to create and share *allowing for many check out options including online, in person and push text notifications *option to pass credit card fees on to buyer so that our school can keep more money for our kids. Auctria is the only software that we will use going forward and I highly recommend!!!

Pros

Easy to use and train others to use, many customizable options for sellable items, website is awesome and tutorials on creating website are very helpful, cost is the lowest in the industry which is much needed for our non-profit school event. We used Auctria at our annual school auction this year and it did everything we needed and more for a fraction of the software that we have used in the past. Hint -- there is also a way to pass on credit card sales fees to credit card users which saved us those fees. HIGHLY RECOMMEND!!!!

Cons

Our auction chair had a few questions and couldn't find a number to call. She emailed and got a response back in 24 hours, which is their promise. For what it's worth, our software company before this one had the same policy and cost 10 times more so I don't feel like this is a deal breaker for us.

Response from Auctria

Replied March 2018

Gina, thanks for providing such a detailed review. I'm certain there are lots of others out there that can benefit from your expert analysis and HINTS! Also, thanks for fundraising for education!

Carlos from PTA of PS 166Q

Great software for auctions and very affordable!!!

Very very positive.

Pros

Very easy to navigate, extremely affordable!

Cons

The software isn’t incredibly intuitive. You have to ask a lot of questions or read manual to understand advanced functions.

Response from Auctria

Replied June 2019

We at Auctria thank your for the review title "Great software for auction and very affordable" The three exclamation points are icing on the cake. Our mission is to create a software solution to keep track of all the auction details, and help ensure an efficient and smooth fundraising event. Cost is always a factor, so we proudly offer Auctria so it's affordable to ALL groups.

Diane from Soroptimist Int’l of Seattle South

Best auction software available

This software has given us the ability to take our live fundraising events to a new level. We are able to automate most of our auction functions and with the guest statements that it creates, we look very professional to our guests who receive their event statements at the end of the event detailing all their purchases and donations. It’s made check-in and check-out much more streamlined and smoother. At the end of the event, we are able to instantly analyze where we made our money . Guests are able to self-register online at a dedicated event website saving a lot of data entry time . The only cost is the low annual subscription, no additional fees. They are always improving the software and have a great online user guide. I highly recommend this software!

Pros

A tremendous value, with lots of customization available to meet most any organization’s needs. 1) ability to sell tickets online thru a custom website for each event, 2) host an online auction or live event 3) supports multiple users simultaneously 4) low annual cost and ability to run multiple events a year 5) supports credit card processing thru Stripe which enables you to store credit card information at registration and charge at the end of the event and send emailed statements to your guests 6) great financial reports to know where you made money 7) a new app that allows your guests to bid on auction items thru their phone

Cons

Nothing! It is very easy to use, even for new users.

Sally-Ann from Main Line Unitarian Church

Church Auction

Last year was our first time we used the program. We found the program easy to use and the support we got from the company was great. This year we were faced with a virtual auction due to COVID-19. Using Auctria we made the transition from live to virtual with few problems. We were happy to learn that our older members would easily use the program for the online/silent auction. We had a night of zoom/live auction that went well. This year we had a lot more bidders and made twice as much money as we had budgeted! Auctria gave us the confidence that we could do this.

Pros

It was easy to learn how to use the program. We liked the examples of other auctions. Our team learned from the webinars. The company always answered our questions in a timely manner.

Cons

I really can't think of any thing we did not like about this.

Reasons for Choosing Auctria

We looked into Austria and found it easy to use and cheaper. We got recommendations from other churches who used it.

Response from Auctria

Replied December 2020

Thanks for taking the time to leave these kind words. The remark "We were happy to learn that our older members would easily use the program for the online/silent auction." Many people ask us about this and happy to read your real-life experience. Thanks so much for sharing Sally-Ann.

Jean from Willard Middle School PTA

Industry: Primary/Secondary Education

Ran a multi-prong auction and gala with ease

Our goal as a team was to reduce the amount of time we spent running our event this year, and because so much data already existed in the Auctria database we were able to do that.

Pros

We ran a multi-prong auction and gala using Auctria. We used it to handle every method by which we took in money with ease. It was easy to walk into as a new school volunteer once I saw all the data history from the past 4 years that existed. We copied auction items, donors, ticket classes over from prior years. All the categorization of different types of revenue that existed made it really easy to pull off all the different things we wanted to do.

Cons

Since we closed different parts of the fundraising effort at different times, it would have been nice to be able to shut down different pages of the fundraising website. For instance, we are still selling tickets to parent led signup parties, but the online auction itself is closed and the gala is over. Those pages have to stay up to be able to sell signup party tickets.

Response from Auctria

Replied June 2019

LOVE reading that you took over from a previous auction team member with ease! Year over year auctions benefit tremendously with streamlined input efforts to copy previous data. Hope all your future bids soar! There are lots of options on item types that may help streamline the post-auction sales you are managing. Reach out hello@auctria.com if you want help.

Angelique from Inspired Marketing & Events

Excellent product - continue to recommend to new clients

Excellent. I have used it with every client this year in providing exceptional online fundraising events and been very pleased with the results.

Pros

It is easy to use once you get the hang of it (short learning curve). Website building features are easy to understand and pretty robust. Lots of reports available for those who need to slice and dice data, fees are reasonable for what you get. Simple for customers to use, the mobile app works well and the customizable email function is very useful. I also like that they seem to be constantly improving the product and looking to evolve as the needs of their customer base change.

Cons

Sometimes finding answers to questions in the online manual can be a bit difficult/cumbersome. They do not have a help desk you can call, everything is done online, which when you are in a BIG hurry can be a bit frustrating. However, I have always received a response within a few hours at most and the answers are well thought out and complete. In addition, I believe they recently provided an add-on for additional customer service, but I have not used it to date.

Reasons for Choosing Auctria

I can't remember the laundry list of platforms I reviewed (it was 20+ companies), but I do remember the reason I choose Auctria was a combination of lower overall fees and functionality.

Response from Auctria

Replied November 2020

Angelique, thanks for choosing Auctria for multiple clients. A referral is the most sincere form of flattery and we are thrilled to read your kind words! Thanks for using and recommending Auctria.

Melena from FamilyMeans

Industry: Mental Health Care

Auctria was easy to use and helped us to raise thousands!

Auctria allowed us to have an online fundraiser to support our non-profit during the COIVD-19 crisis. We were able to raise a comparable amount to our in-person event which was amazing considering the challenges of holding event during this crisis. Additionally, the response from the support team was fast and helpful! We have used Auctria for years in a minimum capacity (only managing the bid sheets/auction items) and now we feel like we could use it for the full event and have even more success! Thank you to the amazing team!

Pros

The best part about Auctria is that all aspects of our event were easily organized in one central website. From ticket purchased to table assignments, auction items, and checkout. This was great for our staff but also for the attendees of the event. I received so many compliments about how easy it was to use, how great the communications were, and how smooth the event went. Because of COVID-19 this was our first online only event and to get this kind of feedback was amazing!

Cons

Response from Auctria

Replied July 2020

5-stars across the board and even more special is your comment "Auctria allowed us to have an online fundraiser to support our non-profit during the COIVD-19 crisis. We were able to raise a comparable amount to our in-person event which was amazing..." Thanks Melena for sharing your story!

Auction Site for our Annual School Fundraiser

Pros

We used Auctria to host our school's online auction of items, experiences, and count-me-in parties. The platform is easy to navigate. Entering and managing content and bidders is simple. The check-out process is seamless and we didn't experience any issues during the past two years we have worked on the platform. We have given volunteers access to upload and enter items on the site which they did easily and with minimal training. If we had questions or issues, the customer service team was prompt in their reply and helpful in providing information or helping to solve the problem. Registering bidders was a simple process and we didn't receive any negative feedback or have any issued with our bidders accessing the site and bidding on items. We had great success the past two years with the online auction for our event and attribute it to the ease of using the platform and the wonderful customer service team. The fee structure and annual subscription fee are reasonable which ensures we maximize our fundraising for the school. We will use them again!

Cons

I have only used Auctria as online auction platform and don't have experience with other platforms but when researching found Auctria highly recommended by colleagues in the field.

Response from Auctria

Replied May 2019

Thanks for the 5-stars across the board. Your detailed review is very helpful in helping us know that we are helping you make a difference in fundraising. Hope all your future bids soar!

Audrey from Flint River Academy

Easiest way to run an auction

We spent almost $2000 on an event registration site. Registration only!!! When I found Auctria it was the answer to all of our problems!

Pros

The software is very intuitive and user friendly. Our school has a yearly auction and we used the software for the first time last year and have learned so much about it in the last year. We used if for the second year this year and it is AMAZING!! We were able to export information and add information and import again, which saved a lot of time. I can't wait to use it for our auction next year as we learn more about it every day.

Cons

The thing I like the least is only being able to use 2 companies to process credit cards in the software. We are going to look into using that in our next auction and I think it will make checkout so much easier!

Response from Auctria

Replied February 2020

Thanks Audrey for the quick financial analysis how in the past the school paid 2K with another provider just for registration. So happy to read "When I found Auctria it was the answer to all of our problems!" At Auctria our programs are full featured, meaning auction, sponsor, registration. tickets, tables, bidding and checkout- closeout are all bundled with once license. We strive to keep our costs very manageable so you have more money to help enrich your cause! Re: The two choices for credit card integration are both safe and secure. If you want help setting this up please reach out to our support team. It REALLY makes everything even easier for checkout and collections. Thanks for taking the time to leave and review. Hope you crush your fundraising goals!

Michael from Trout Unlimited

Industry: Fishery

Excellent software to manage big events

While this was my first direct experience with Auctria, our organization has used it many times before. It has always suited our needs and made any of our processes go smoothly. As mentioned in my pro's, what makes Auctria so great is its functionality and the ability for anyone to get the hang of it very quickly. Does not bog you down with anything superfluous. I look forward to exploring more uses and functions that Auctria offers in future events.

Pros

1. Easy to learn. This was my first time using Auctria, and the learning curve was not steep and all. Very intuitive and easy to pick up for first time users. 2. Great customer support team. The few times we did need to reach out, the support staff was accessible and able to quickly get us back on track. 3. Great organization. Easy to organize and keep track of a variety of auctions/event options.

Cons

None really that we came across! There was some confusion over the use of the app, which could partly be contributed to user error. In any case, for our event the use of the app was more of an extra anyway and not needed to achieve our goals.

Response from Auctria

Replied June 2019

Thanks Michael for taking the time to 1. volunteer to help with your auction fundraiser, 2. take the time to leave the detailed review 3. review title "Excellent software to manage big events". Hope you get a chance to use all the features to crush the future fundraising goals!

Christy from Wichita Animal Action League

Auctria helped save our virtual fundraiser!

Overall, we would highly recommend Auctria to anyone wanting to use an user friendly software platform.

Pros

It is user friendly and intuitive. We had over 200 auction items that had to be entered and the system made it very easy to upload that information. The Customer Service is excellent. We utilized the Auctria Launch option and would HIGHLY recommend it. It was worth every penny.

Cons

We wished that the system would mandate that anyone registering for an auction must enter a credit card at the time of registration. We had a few people bid on items and then we could not obtain payment afterwards as they had no card registered and wouldn't respond to our requests for it.

Response from Auctria

Replied October 2020

So happy to read your fundraiser was saved,and that Auctria was a part of the 'saving'. Nice job! RE: credit card required is an option that can be turned ON. "Require A Registered Credit Card To Bid" is turned off by default however this can be turned ON. In doing so bidders without a registered credit card will be prompted to register one before being able to place a bid online. When you are working on another event reach-out to us on support and we can help guide the you. Sorry to read a few people did not complete their activity, you can re-list those few items again and do a mini-event. Again, reach out to support for help, help@auctria.com Thanks for using Auctria, thanks for your time in leaving a review.

Annette from West Side Christian School

Perfect for Private School Auciton

I have already recommended Auctria to another local school. I hope to learn more about the program so that I can take advantage of more of it's features in the future. This was my first auction using Auctria and it was a huge success. I can't say enough about the customer service. So helpful and such quick response!

Pros

I love that all donations and sponsors you enter immediately get posted to the Website. Saves so much time.

Cons

I thought the Website was difficult to set up. I am a volunteer with limited experience "starting" a website and I felt like you really needed to know what you were doing to get it up and running. I had to have someone with more experience at the school help out.

Response from Auctria

Replied March 2019

Reading that you recommended Auctria to another school is the nicest compliment! If you haven't already visited the main Auctria website there are lots of how-to articles. Find these Auctria.com-->Learning Resources-->Fundraiser Articles. Elevate your auction fundraising knowledge quickly. Articles range from how to find donations, timelines & checklists, sample procurement letter. There is an article that you may want to review if your auction just concluded: 9 Post Auction Duties. Follow us on Facebook & Twitter we post lots of tips and links to our webinars. The webinars are always educational and you can hear what others are doing to make their fundraisers great. Love to see you there!

June 2016

Shannon from Variety

June 2016

Auctria really does do it all!

Volunteer Event Chair for the Market & Auction event for Variety in BC, Canada. We raise funds for special needs kids in BC, ranging from therapy to medication to wheelchairs and converted vans. We step in where Health Care ends to help families cope with the financial burdens of needed support for the child. When I took over as Chair of this event 4 years ago the auction item bid sheets were...and I kid you not....handled in a single Word document. 200 pages long. 1 item per page. And that was just for starters! Each item was in a separate Word doc, from display sheets to receipts to certificates. I had made a switch to a set of Excel documents with formulas and master sheets which was substantially better, but still time consuming. Much more accurate, but time consuming. Then by some miracle I found CAO while looking for something else. The more I explored what it could do the more excited I got, and by the time I met with my partner to tell her about it I was almost bouncing off the walls in joy! The following meeting with my committee I went over the basics of the program, and every time someone brought up a concern or question I was able to answer it with "Oh don't worry, CAO does that.....right here...let me show you..."

Pros

Add to that the fact that your support team responds quickly and with wonderful detail, and that you have priced it so charities can actually afford it? You better believe I will continue telling EVERYONE about how amazing your service is! Hundreds of hours have likely been saved over the past 2 years of using it, and peace of mind for the processing team is priceless.

Cons

Now my biggest problem is remembering you are now Auctria instead of CAO

Response from Auctria

Replied June 2016

Just keep saying Auctria, Auctria, Auctria! New name-- same great products and support! Thanks for the kind words.