All ADP Workforce Now Reviews

Rashid

E-Learning, 201-500 employees

Reviewed March 2021

ADP Work Force Now Review

I had a great experience using the software it gives a wholistic view of where your paycheck goes!

PROS

ADP Workforce now is an extremely user friendly software that enables clients to accurately keep track of their paychecks in digital form. The software keeps track of tax, deductions and retirement contributions and presents them in an easy to understand visual format. You are also able to change information related to your deductibles etc. from the online platform

CONS

Despite the great features it can be difficult to find what you are looking for in this software. Someone new to this software will feel somewhat overwhelmed by the many drop down menus presented on the home screen. This software is also one of the more pricey options available on the market.

Reasons for switching to ADP Workforce Now

We had some issues with tax forms using Paychex

Yuri

Events Services, 2-10 employees

Used less than 2 years

Reviewed July 2019

Workforcenow for productivity

It helped us to deal with HR matters effectively so that we could see everything with detailed info.

PROS

Customization with it is incredible. Reporting features add more value to the software and as well increases the productivity. Pricing is quite reasonable. Mobile version does really well unlike its peers.

CONS

Customer service should be upgraded. The software could be better integrated other platforms. I would like to see changes immediately because sometimes I have sign out and sign in to see changes.

Reason for choosing ADP Workforce Now

It provides better recruiting and HR outsourcing services. Besides prices are highly reasonable for the paid plans.

Reasons for switching to ADP Workforce Now

It is more mobile accessible, PC dashboard is more user-friendly. Better human resource management.

Mechanical or Industrial Engineering, 201-500 employees

A User Friendly System

I would highly recommend ADP for any business that wants a good, organized system to help control and monitor their business and workflow.

PROS

We use ADP for a variety of reasons at our company. Whether its payroll, time management, clock ins/outs, PTO, job postings, etc. I love how its versatile for for many areas that is useful for your needs in a company. On top of that, its user friendly. Within 5-10 minutes most of our employees caught on to the process and how the system works!

CONS

I have been using ADP Workforce Now for several years now and once I learned the processes, I haven't come across any dislikes or imperfections in my line of work.

Marion

Construction, 11-50 employees

Reviewed November 2018

Issues with Reporting and Customer Support

I would strongly urge any user to make sure they are OK with the reports available. Don't take for granted that they can develop any report you may need. Also, If you are use to a personal support experience and find that necessary for your company this is not the right move for you.

PROS

I like the employee experience through workforce now. I love that my employees can manage their employee files on their own. Adding benefits, changing tax forms, changing contact info. Signing off on policy documents. this is all great and the reason I picked ADP.

CONS

My biggest issues are items that didn't even occur to me to check into. Customer reporting is a waste. I have yet to create a report that meets my expectations. Something as common as 401K audit reporting (which should be standard) has fallen below our expectations. And something as simple as a scheduled monthly birth date and anniversary date report has been difficult. After investing several hours of my own time I've just given up. Most recently I've tried to create a summary report from time cards and something as simple as wrapping notes is not possible. I expected more from a company as widely used as ADP. Even our CPA commented on issues with EOY reports from other clients. Second issue is support. I was told I would have a dedicated support person to assist me if found I was not getting the needed attention from the support line. I emailed my dedicated support person within a few weeks because I was having a hard time resolving an issue. She promptly wrote me back stating she was no longer in that position, when I asked who was I received no response. I went back to my implementation specialist and she informed me that they no longer have that resource available to their clients. I was speaking to a third party and was told she had heard that about ADP from other clients. It sounded like they do this with all new clients. If that is true it's not cool at all! I've found support to be hit or miss. Making appointments has worked best for us, but not always.

Cassie

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 201-500 employees

Reviewed January 2024

Would Highly Reccommend

Wonderful experience from inception to finishing the year and running W2s. They made a complicated process very stress free and easy to use every step.

PROS

The ease of use was great. I have used multiple systems and ADP by far surpasses quality, versatility, capabilities, and ease of use.

CONS

I do not have anything really bad to say. Customer support can assist with setting up any report you need for your frequently tracked areas, but making one on your own can be difficult. It's usually addressed upon setup.

Liam

Computer Software, 11-50 employees

Reviewed July 2019

A Lot of Buck for Little Bang

To piggyback off the last response, the overall experience was quite poor when it came to the actual resource navigation of the site. As I took this role over managing this system, it became apparent that there was a very limited amount of knowledge as to what information this system even held, let alone how to actually access it. To take it one step further, these types of scenarios became more difficult as if there was a situation that hadn't been encountered before, only the administrator was able to handle that particular issue on behalf of the employee. Multiple times when employees attempted to handle benefit package errors/changes and were unable to make any effect. This said, if it were a personal issue, sometimes employees problems would go unresolved in lieu of having to have someone else handle that problem for them through support.

PROS

The software and services that ADP provides are some of the most wide ranging and highly customizable you can find on the market. Being the largest name, they're able to bring in partners quickly and therefore have a good amount of integrations and other employee resources that you won't be offered through smaller providers. For example, the Life Mart package for employee discount programs is easily one of the most missed pieces of our prior platform (wasn't able to find comparable tool at similar price point).

CONS

The navigation and overabundance of links (that generally lead to the same place) make this software very hard to use. On the home screen alone, there were over 30 different options of where you could go from that screen and not a ton of specificity enough to make you confidence that you're even going to the right place. Theres a lack of actual substance that bothers me. Outside of creating reporting based on the information within the system, the system itself is more or less a portal that connects all these other insurance and investment platforms. The system itself doesn't really do as much as you'd expect for what you pay for. If you're a massive organization and have daily applications of the reporting the system generates, I'm sure it would change things a bit but for your typical small company, it's a bit too deep of a package for their to be so little customization.

Reason for choosing ADP Workforce Now

At the time, the name carried a good amount of weight. Not having prior experience utilizing a similar system and bringing ADP on at this time, it provided more confidence on our end to know that we were using the tool that the majority of the industry was using.

Chelsea

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 11-50 employees

Reviewed April 2023

Overall ADP Review

Overall everything has been working great that we don't have to use other systems

PROS

We have multiple companies so having the ease of all the functionalities really helpds.

CONS

We had some issues with our pay codes and a few other items as we have a very complicated payroll setup but now we are good!

Reasons for switching to ADP Workforce Now

we wanted to be on the same system as our other companies

nitchell

Research, 51-200 employees

ADP GAME CHANGER

LOVE IT. Have been using it for years. my previous jobs used it and when i change careers the ADP app updated all the changes on its own

PROS

Theres so many benefits of the ADP, it keeps you organized, informed.

CONS

You do have to be connected to internet for it to work, which is all app now a days.

Belkin

Medical Practice, 2-10 employees

Love it! Never changing

PROS

It is very convenient for all employees to be able to access their payroll and check how everything is calculated. Also, love the section to access all w2.

CONS

Nothing to dislike. It is very straightforward and easy to manage.

Sharon

Security and Investigations, 10,000+ employees

ADTP- works fine

PROS

It's quick and easy to use to complete a number of tasks.

CONS

None that I can think of. Sometimes it's not in time with other apps

Kym

Automotive, 201-500 employees

Reviewed August 2019

ADP

After the implementation process, as painful as it was, the system seems to be a little smoother and working correctly. Still finding some items that are needing fixed from the lack of attention from our previous account managers.

PROS

ADP has automated several process that used to be manual.

CONS

The implementation process was very difficult and lasted over a year. It took almost a year to find a good Account Manager. The continued updates. Just seems that every week I go in and something has changed. The ACA reporting is still a little clunky.

Reason for choosing ADP Workforce Now

Again because we were under the assumption that ADP had more dealership experience when it came to payroll because they used to be a part of CDK (which is a dealership accounting software).

Reasons for switching to ADP Workforce Now

CDK was sunsetting their program. ADP and CDK used to be one in the same therefore we were under the impression that ADP would have more dealership experience when it came to payroll.

Nicholas

Real Estate, 51-200 employees

Reviewed September 2019

good for users, bad for admins

decent platform but we switched to a more local provider just because of the level of service and ease of setting up new departments(properties). I'd recommend ADP for a larger company that may have some more pull in getting what they need, not a smaller company

PROS

Easy to use for all employees, big company, so a lot of the kinks in the software were ironed out a long time ago. Employees know the ADP name and the system can be easily trained and implemented to new hires

CONS

our company does property management, which means we need different "departments" (aka properties) under the umbrella management company. It tooks us upwards of 6-8 weeks sometimes to have a new property set up in the system. We always got routed to different departments in ADP with little feedback/response until we escalated the issues out of sheer frustration.

Reason for choosing ADP Workforce Now

ease of setting it up and promised a good customer manager.

cost and ease of use

Karen

Retail, 1,001-5,000 employees

Reviewed December 2020

HRIS System

Overall my ADP Workforce now experience has been excellent.

PROS

ADP provides useful modules for the HRIS needs. The Payroll, HR and Benefits management modules are most useful and critical for our needs. Our dedicated support person is top tier and very helpful. Not always something that smaller companies can find. We are fortunate to be a PE firm and have that additional ADP support.

CONS

Each module costs and can be pricy. Modules should be bundled and priced accordingly. Also once you buy a module, it seems like the transition to implementation drops off until you remind them you want to move forward with implementation.

Reason for choosing ADP Workforce Now

Previous knowledge of system and not paying for something we wouldnt use.

Reasons for switching to ADP Workforce Now

Ultipro is not as supportive and does not have the functionality of ADP.

ALEX

Automotive, 51-200 employees

Reviewed February 2021

ADP WorkForceNow disregards the "little guy"

One of the worst software experiences I've ever had. We were promised a 2 month implementation, it ended up taking well over a year to get fully set up. We have gone through 10 different account managers on the ADP end and have to restart every time a new one comes into the picture. The software is old and outdated, very complicated to use. Overall, the only reason people flock to ADP is for their "brand name". In terms of ease of use, functionality, and other features that smaller payroll companies offer, ADP WorkForceNow is extremely lacking

PROS

WorkForceNow does have a ton of features. They're great features if you can figure out how to use them. Don't expect a rep t help you learn if you're a smaller (less than 500 employee) company.

CONS

The platform is extremely old, confusing, and clunky. It looks like a web 1.0 portal and is extremely complicated to use. You basically have to have an employee that dedicates 100% of their time to learning their platform. Customer service is also atrocious unless youre a huge company.

Reasons for switching to ADP Workforce Now

The size of our company grew past the abilities/functions of Paychex. Paycehx was a great company, they just couldn't service us once we got past 150 employees

Cristiano

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 51-200 employees

Reviewed December 2021

Custom solution to fit any business size/type.

We switched from Paychex to ADP as we outgrew the Paychex platform. Happy with the switch, despite the occasional headache.

PROS

I like that ADP gives you complete control over all aspects of HR & Payroll within workforce now.

CONS

Because it is so customizeable, there can be issues getting feaetures working or fixed. Also, the sales and implementation team are hard to get ahold of once paperwork is finalized. They seem to disappear and work on their own schedule without feedback, regular updates on progress, etc.

Reasons for switching to ADP Workforce Now

Paychex was more "on rails" and didn't allow some customization that we needed. Also, their time & attendance app was terrible. I spent more time fixing time clocks than anything else.

Joshua

Machinery, 2-10 employees

Reviewed December 2019

JNM Rise Inc. - ADP Work Force Now

Truthfully it has not been that bad for time management and processing payroll. Do I wish there were more customization options? Absolutely. Work Force Now has its limitations, and for this reason I have begun exploring other HRIS options.

PROS

The set up of the software was fairly simple to perform. We transitioned to this HRIS software from Ceridian in the hopes it would offer more of what we were looking for in transparency with our team, tools for better personnel management to our leadership team, and overall ease of use with our employees. A large decision for us too was that we wanted to move away from paper, and ADP offered a completely paperless option which we really appreciated.

CONS

While they claim to pride themselves on customer service, the ADP team have been less than helpful on multiple occasions. That's not to say this is the case for all employees, in fact, some have gone way above expectation and I am grateful for that assistance. Others, have been difficult to work with and have even gotten frustrated with myself when calling in for assistance.

Reason for choosing ADP Workforce Now

I chose Work Force Now because many in my network suggested it was the software of choice. After less than 2 years, I am now exploring other options that better suit my organizations needs.

Sherri