• Pros

• "It is so easy to use and the reports are fantastic"

• "The ease of use and the excellent customer care. "

• "I love that jobpower is so easy to understand and use. "

• Cons

• "The detail is great, but like any detailed program, it takes time and patience."

• "If you are a layman bookkeeper, the learning curve is gigantic. That being said, all the support you need is just a phone call away."

• "Nothing really and truthfully. I do not have an accounting background so some things are hard for me to understand but overall I LOVE the program and everything that it does"

Browse JOBPOWER Reviews

Haleigh from Frontier Waterproofing, Inc.

Industry: Building Materials

Abosolutely LOVED JobPower! (only switched for a lesser feature we needed)

Absolutely love it. It was perfect for us when we had less in sales per year, and it was perfect for us when we grew up to more in sales/year. I couldn't see a point where it WOULDN'T be perfect, no matter how high your sales.

Pros

It is so intuitive; very easy to use and looks good. In our office, we had users aged 17 through 77 and everyone could easily navigate the system. It has GREAT features for Construction Companies. I loved their PO system for material purchases. Their Time Entry app was simple to use. The reports were great. The WIP calculated nicely and printed plain & easy, which is important when dealing with so many different functions/numbers/aspects. The customer service is THE BEST you could receive anywhere. Always available during hours, always helpful with anything needed. They send out newsletters for updates that are laid out VERY SIMPLY, leaving no room for error. They also have a document control software that lets you keep/track/search your documents, per job. VERY helpful. I loved the way you can do W2's all electronically, too!! The job costing system is very easy and it's hard to make a mistake - it keeps things well-balanced.

Cons

After many years, we had to switch from JobPower because our highest project manager needed access in the field to do things like Field Reports and Unit/Footage Tracking, so we switched STRICTLY for this reason (but the cost to do so was outrageous with the new company... I would never have switched if we didn't HAVE TO have this other feature). This just is the only "con" I can put because it is really the reason we switched, but I'm still not sure it was worth it!

Molly from Tidewater Roofing

Allows Multiple users... but doesn't

In general, I like JobPower. I don't have a lot of accounting experience, so the simplicity of the GL account set ups and the fact that it's difficult to accidentally post something incorrectly was a plus to me. The user manuals and checklists make it easy to make sure you aren't forgetting to add anything before closing the month, etc.

Pros

Ease of set-up; it is almost foolproof and limits mistakes someone without accounting knowledge could easily make. Simple to find information on customers, jobs, etc. Comprehensive reporting ability (can produce a report for almost everything we need) Very affordable compared to other accounting softwares Industry specific Checks to make sure your accounts are in balance and backs up every day.

Cons

It allows multiple users, but multiple users cannot be doing the same thing at the same time (for example, adding new jobs, paying bills, recording receivables), so it works best for a very small company that doesn't need multiple people in the same job role. Accounting wise, does not post items to the general ledger in a way that makes sense. For example, payroll checks will post to the check register, but net payroll won't post to the GL at the same time. So your general ledger and check register will show different balances. Also, often with reconciling the bank accounts, all cleared transactions will match the bank statement, but the difference to balance to zero will be WAY off, so you have to enter adjusting entries in the reconciliation screen, which really doesn't make much sense.

Lisa from Wagner General Contractors, Inc.

Constructive Criticism

For 18 years I have loved having Jobpower on my team. I have used the online chat for most of my issues and they are great to work with. They are just becoming obsolete in my industry and this business owner is not happy about it.

Pros

I love that jobpower is so easy to understand and use.

Cons

What I like least is its lack of ability to be used with a construction project management program. I may have to give it up so my company can run more efficiently and I am not looking forward to using another software.

Reasons for Choosing JOBPOWER

My estimator had used jobpower with another place of employment and highly recommended it so we never looked elsewhere.

Drew from Peak Plumbing Co.

The Pros and Cons

Since we operate in the construction marketplace, keeping track of all labor and material per job is essential. JobPower provides that information.

Pros

The software is very detailed but it takes time to learn. Be patient, once you understand the software it gives you almost everything you need.

Cons

The detail is great, but like any detailed program, it takes time and patience.

Reasons for Choosing JOBPOWER

Based on the information provided above.

Lisa from Kelly Brothers Construction, Inc.

Not Enough

You get what you pay for (not a compliment). I switched FROM Quickbooks because I needed the AIA, with basic accounting, with payroll. JP offers these with their program, but they missed the concept of rough draft and pencil copy. Very difficult to review before posting. Virtually no editing, all changes must be made via adjusting entries (yes, I know this is the proper way... Doesn't make it the easiest nor the most convenient. Not all General Contractors care about accounting rules). I have since switched to a different program, for which a paid a penny or two more, but completely worth it. MUCH easier to navigate, edit and review, etc. Being able to review and edit before posting leads to less adjusting entries which leads to a happier accountant performing the year-end review.

Pros

It has the capabilities of performing a variety of tasks, but it's not as easy to actually USE.

Cons

Where to begin... Some screens you can tab through, others require the 'enter' key, others require the use of a mouse. To adjust the parameters of a report, you have to completely close the report and start from scratch. There are two completely separate screens for creating an AIA billing, one for the cover sheet, and one for the continuation sheets. If you find an error on the cover sheet, you have to completely close out of what you're doing and start from scratch. This may include any AIA's you entered before finding the need to edit. The program does not understand pencil copies, so once you create the invoice, good luck editing it and/or trying to reprint it. I am a single user, and I found it a disadvantage to be unable to work in multiple screens at one time. Constantly having to close one screen just to review something in another, is very time consuming because each time you close and reopen a screen, you have to start from scratch. Also, the payroll portion of the program is separate from the basic accounting. Therefore, if you are preparing a tax return - your 941, for example - but you want to review your prior postings and payments, you have to completely close out of the payroll module, switch to the G/L module, and start from scratch. You can not easily switch from one to the other... Each time you have to close and restart... Close and restart.

Robert from TOCC Development

Job Power makes my job easier

I manage a DOL Registered Apprentice program and AZ General Contracting LLC for a Jr. College. This means we have a yearly third party audit by a major accounting firm. I have used JOBPOWER Cloud for 6 years, when the auditors request documents and reports, with JOBPOWER, I have my audit reports completed and sent to them with in the hour. The auditors and the college think Im a much better accountant than I actually am. JOBPOWER makes my life easier. The support is the best in the business. Not just the accounting software business, better than any support for any product or service I have ever experienced. if I leave after hours questions, they call you back or in a chat, they solve your issue with speed and professionalism. What do I like best about this product? Ease of use, total integration of the accounting data, the reports and of course the support. Im the whole accounting and administration team for this multi-million dollar business and thanks to JOBPOWER, I have plenty of time to do the rest of my job, getting people trained and projects completed. I highly recommend JOBPOWER and would be happy to talk to anyone about my experience with the program.

Pros

What do I like best about JOBPOWER ? Ease of use, total integration of the accounting data, the reports and the online support.

Cons

What do I like lease about JOBPOWER. That's a toughie. If I had to say one thing, it would be the customized reports. It's probably because I have not played with customized reports much. (the built in reports cover everything, except user nuance specific).

Robert from TOCC Development

TOCC Development

Every week I am reminded how fortunate I was to select Job Power for my accounting software. When I purchased JP Clouds,. This, my first journey into online accounting, there was a learning curve but the JP online support is excellent. I always say 'Best Support in the Business', not that I would know all the other accounting software support, but I can't imagine any support being any better. JP support far out shines the other support that I have experienced, (other types of software, computer, appliances etc'). The Live Chat support, Elisa, Penny, Sue, Dee & Michael, they call you back, they email you, they send you documents & links, they'll study your documents to help you figure out where the error is, best of all the get back to you when they said they would and follow up. I can't say enough good things to convey how helpful they really are. I manage a construction company and an US Department of Labor Registered apprenticeship program, which is a LLC who single member, is a community college. Although we have separate accounts my books are rolled into the college's yearly third part financial audit. Thanks to JP, I have my required reports completed within a few minutes of receiving the requesting email, never a problem fulfilling the auditors' request. The accountants and controllers at the college think I am a much better accountant and administrator than I actually am because JP makes me look good. I would be happy to discuss the details of my experience with JP with any interested persons.

Pros

Chat support & account integration

Cons

Customizing reports

Therese from Early Co. Cabins, Inc.

Software & Support

Jobpower has helped my Business run so smoothly. The Support with Jobpower is absolutely Wonderful!!! Everyone is so helpful and easy to work with. I Love everything about Jobpower!!!

Pros

It is so easy to use and the reports are fantastic

Cons

There is nothing I do not like about this software

Adrienne from Patton & Taylor Enterprises

Job Power's Power

The benefits are definitely the customer service for support & technical applications. They are the best software company I've dealt with to date for this.

Pros

The ease of use and the excellent customer care.

Cons

I would have to sat the design/cosmetics could use some updating.

George from Sumter Contracting Corp.

My review of jobpower

Able to track job cost and do complete accounting with the software

Pros

Ease of use and the quality of reports.

Cons

Nothing. It does everything well as far as i'm concerned.

Harold from Retired

JOB POWER Usage

Pros

We used this program for 7 yrs prior to my retirement. I loved the simplicity and ease of navigation of JOB POWER! Very user friendly to set up for Job Cost and very user friendly to operate. Extremely courteous and knowledgeable Tech Support and the Updates for every new year were available promptly. I trained 3 of our office staff personally and they picked up the program and were off and running with it in 1 day! I can say that it saved time and made our accountant extremely happy with the results when we switched to JOB POWER. The forms this program produced were accurate and acceptable to the State of Texas Controllers office auditors. I was an Engineer and Construction Manager not an accountant and I can testify that JOBPOWER made my life a lot easier.

Cons

Nothing: I had no problems with JOBPOWER. If I had not sold out my company when I decided to retire I would still be using JOB POWER today!

September 2016

Donna from Colby Construction Co., Inc.

Job Power vs. Colby

Job Power is a very easy to learn program with great features. I get immediate support on any questions. I could have used a little more training in the beginning but I have to factor in the learning curve I had as I came from a different industry. I was able to help a fellow builder set-up Job Power a year after our implementation.

Pros

The accounting features are really good. Payroll is wonderful.

Cons

I would like more financial statement formats. I don't like the time and billing invoicing as you can't add additional lines like GC fees after you have printed it. You can only add to the detailed version, not the summary cost-code version of invoicing which is a bit of a pain.

September 2016

Dedrea from Bink's Construction, Inc.

Job Power Review

In the 3 years I have used Job Power I have been satisfied. I have never used this type of accounting program before. Overall it is a great program. There are somethings that I think could be streamed lined but it may be just the way we use Job Power. But if I ever get in a bind about something I'm not sure how to fix the customer service dept has always been very helpful. I will have to say that Elisa Carr has been my FAVORITE cust. srv. rep!! She has always been very prompt and knows just how to explain what I need to do to fix my issue!! She is very well versed in the program and knows what she is doing!!

Pros

Its fairly easy to use.

Cons

Don't really have any cons.

dawn from airport electric

JP understands Construction

JP has helped us as we grow in the Construction Industry. Our data and reports need to be detailed and filtered and JP offers that.

Pros

It is intricate The reports overlap and verify each other The support is almost instant, and you always talk to a person, never a machine. Support will always answer the question specifically, and follow up. Accounting Features including WIP reports are essential to our business The software filters for Unions, Audits, Insurance, Divisions of work, etc.

Cons

For our Company there are some Union specs that are a bit harder to achieve. I am still learning it... I feel it does more than I have knowledge of Not having enough character availability for naming Not having enough Banks... limited

Cindy from Hart Construction

Jobpower Software for accounting

going on 3+ yrs of working with Jobpower. They have one of the best support teams that will work with you on any problem in a very timely manner. The system is user friendly and navigation is easy to follow in most cases.

Pros

The ease of learning the tabs and ability to use without a lot of training.

Cons

The inability of more than one user accessing certain areas at the same time. the time frame of closing out months and only have 2 months open. 3 or 4 would be nice. Sorting capabilities in reports need to have more select codes. Need ability to for all payroll reports including states of which you operate like Arkansas.

September 2016

Gina from Connelly Plumbing Co.

September 2016

Great form and function, Fantastic Support!

We've used JobPower since 1995. The program has grown with the industry, and still serves our purposes today. The support is second-to-none! Anytime I've had an issue, whether it be a question about function or an update, or just a mental-gap on my part, the support team at JP has been there!

Pros

This software is very user-friendly! It's easy to learn, use and adapt to any job cost accounting that we need.

Cons

In the Revenue program, it would be good to have a longer customer sort code, which would speed up our data entry for customer invoicing.

Crystal from Infinity Construction

JobPower is GREAT!!

Everything that the program does is AWESOME. You do not have to have multiply programs to do all the things needed. And you can access it anywhere!!!!

Pros

The support leave from the team is great. You call with ANY question, even the stupid ones, and you will get an answer.

June 2015

Oleta from Frontier Waterproofing Inc.

Industry: Building Materials

June 2015

Job Power has been a great addition to our company.

Pros

The software is very easy to learn. Integrated general ledger makes job costing reliable. We have used Job Power for about 15 years and during that time have reviewed other products that were presented to us and Job Power always came up on top. The system we used prior to Job Power left much to be desired. The on-line and telephone help is an outstanding resource that we have used many times. In the past I tried using Quick Books and Job Power is without a doubt much easier to learn.

Cons

We record our jobs on a percentage of completion and have a spread sheet that our insurer requires. Job Power does provide and excess/under billed report but not in the format we need.

July 2015

Carol from Pitman Construction

July 2015

Jobpower is power

Pros

Construction industry appropriate and ease of use. Menu driven and well thought out....geared to the construction industry. Each aspect of business is incorporated in this software - accounts payable, accounts receivable, payroll, W2 / 1099 capabilities, tax filings, job cost codes and reporting, estimating (at this time we do not use this portion), budget vs actual cost of projects, over / under billing and as well as many other options that you can customize to your business.

Cons

Paying for each piece of the software instead of getting all of the pieces when purchased.

September 2016

Kennon from Infinity Construction, llc.

September 2016

Fantastic Software and Exceptional Customer Support!!!!!

Jobpower Software has made my life so much easier. As a growing company set on cost variance analysis, Jobpower has been a life saver. The Customer Support is amazing to a non-bookkeeper. An A+ company to work with.

Pros

Cons

None

Amy from KBL RESTORATION, LLC

Software Review

Satisfied with the software but would like to see some added functions. Overall a great product for the price.

Pros

Easy to use once you learn it. Michael, Penny and Elisha are great to work with and have helped me greatly! I appreciate them very much!

Cons

Not enough training to begin with and sometimes I wish I could just talk with customer service rather than trying to explain everything through chat.

BRENDA from HILL ELECTRIC, INC.

We love, love, love Jobpower!

I would recommend this system to any contractor!

Pros

For an electrical contractor, it provides everything we need. It give us the capability to track job costs, employee hours, etc. It is very user friendly and we have no complaints about calling support. The support team is phenomenal!

Cons

There is absolutely no cons regarding this system. Our old system was not user friendly, you could not track anything. The support team on our old system was sarcastic and talked down to us. Jobpower's support team has NEVER done that. Wonderful to work with.

June 2015

Deidre from Ideal Finishes Inc.

Long Time Jobpower User

Pros

We love the job costing aspect of this program. It allows us to keep detailed cost records for each project. It is also very easy user friendly.

Cons

We would like a little more flexibility to customize reports.

May 2015

Shannon from Romar Elevators

May 2015

JobPower Mixed Review

Pros

Our company can process our A/R and A/P through the same software, plus keep up with inventory.

Cons

Some things I can only do in the current month, so it is good to have two months open at a time, but switching screens a lot during the end of a month can be frustrating. There are several times a week that two employees are trying to get into say, job files, and only one person can be in certain screens at the same time.

September 2016

Brenda from Hill Electric, Inc.

Very Satisfied Customer

We needed a new construction software package. Another business in town highly recommended JOBPOWER. We are so happy with everything about this software, support and their staff. I would now highly recommend them.

Cons

I wish the customer number would show on A/R invoices. It would make it easier to apply payment.

Sue from BMP Electric Inc.

Jobpower s

I struggle with day to day accounting but once I got JOBPOWER it made things a lot easier to do accounting. The software has made accounting no so bad.

Pros

The software is very user friendly and easy to understand the functions of the program. The program is great for Construction companies the need to have details accounting.

Cons

There is nothing I can say that is bad about the software after I got the hang of the program.

May 2016

Jordan from Frontier Waterproofing

May 2016

JobPower User

Pros

It is easy to work with and the customer service is great! They are constantly coming out with updates to the product.

Cons

It still has some advancing in technology to do in order to make it complete.

December 2013

Debbie from Braker Construction LLC

December 2013

Excellent for small business

Pros

The best thing for me is the support. We are a new company; everyone in our office is "in training," and the support is always friendly and knowledgeable. Once it is learned, the program is easy to use and makes job reports easily. All of our documents are saved on the cloud, which makes paper management a breeze. The project manager likes it because it is simple to do a job cost and cost to complete report for his weekly meeting. Our accountant is impressed with its detailed GL.

Linda from Fossett Paving Co., LLC

Long-time (16 years) JOBPOWER User

Pros

I like the Job Cost/Job Management section the best. It keeps our CPA happy, and I can usually spot if something has been posted to the wrong job pretty quickly. JOBPOWER Customer Service is awesome!!

Cons

Revenue and I are having a few issues. If I am entering a regular invoice and forget to click on "override" to enter the description I want to use on reports, I can go back and enter the correction but it will still show the incorrect info on reports. The same thing goes with entering AIAs. I would like the job name and draw #x to show on reports, etc. Even if I go back and edit it to show that info, it will always show Application #x on Billing Reports.

October 2015

Kennon from Infinity Construction, llc.

October 2015

JOBPOWER simplified my life as a Contractor

Pros

the greatest advantage for me was the unlimited customer support. I am not a bookkeeper and it had been 20 years since an accounting class. With a basic understanding of accounting JOBPOWER made my life much simpler and reduced greatly my time expenditure for invoicing. The reports are great and variance analysis is just a few clicks away for all my jobs. Fantastic Company and Product!!!

Cons

I am a big fan, but the only thing I can think of is that there are no videos for fixes to common questions that result from format/style questions as related to how the JOBPOWER system is set up. Some companies offer this as a way around good customer service.

Adam from Summers Construction

Industry: Utilities

VERY DISAPPOINTING

disappointing and overpriced. NOT FOR THE CIVIL CONSTRUCTION INDUSTRY!!!

Pros

some reports are useful but that is about it.

Cons

not easy to transition into. not easy to learn, very user unfriendly. nickel and dimed all the way through. the AIA templates are incomplete and modified versions. the subcontract template is NOT useful or enforceable. this software is NOT for the civil construction industry!!

Response from Applied Computer Systems

Replied September 2018

It is unfortunate that JOBPOWER did not meet your company's needs. The forms and templates included with the program have been kept up-to-date and used by our customers for 28 years. In addition our program allows for customizing those templates and/or creating your own for greater flexibility. Our support team is happy to assist customers in modifying our forms or creating their own to meet their individual company needs. This assistance is provided as part of our unlimited support plan we offer. Should customers decide they would like a JOBPOWER team member to custom create a form for them, we do offer that service at an additional fee.

JASVIN from University of Nevada-Las Vegas

Top construction accounting software

AIA Billing , certified Payroll and actual reporting makes it easy to track record of pennywise and for a budget It can be proven as a success.

Pros

Dashboard features are lucrative and availability of the software on-site in the office and on to the cloud.

Cons

Multiple access is banned on this software as the crew leader is only allowed to setup AP and AR, which creates hassel at the end.

January 2015

Cindy from Hall's Construction Corporation

January 2015

Initial observations for using JOBPOWER

Pros

I like that the software is very feature-rich, but not as pricey as others. Everything you need for Job Costing, Budgeting and Payroll compliance is right there. The customer service is excellent and second to none. They have been great answering questions and helping with setup.

Cons

The only thing I have negative to say about the program is that once you close a payroll month, you cannot go back and print any reports, including any certified payrolls you might have missed.

Denis from Hollingsworth Paving, Inc.

It is not as easy as it should be.

Cons

It is not user friendly. Exporting and Importing data could and should be so much easier. Dashboard needs an update.

Gene from Stallings CPAs

November 2014

JOBPOWER, the most user friendly affordable software for contractors

Pros

JOBPOWER is the most user-friendly and affordable software for contractors on the market. It is supported by a closely held business that makes the support personal and practical since they understand small business issues.

Cons

I haven't found enough negatives about the software to comment about shortcomings, and I have had clients recommended the software for over 30 years.

November 2015

Josh from L.L. Klink & Sons

November 2015

I Recommend JOBPOWER

Pros

After reviewing many software options, I chose JOBPOWER because of their simplicity of their system. We are a medium company and didn't need the bells and whistles of a robust software. To top it off, the folks at JOBPOWER are extremely helpful and make sure that all of my questions are answered.

Cons

The JOBPOWER keys tend to be a hassle when getting access. Instead of just having 4 seats, we have 4 keys. If all of our keys are being used, not only does one of us have to get off of JOBPOWER to let the other one use it, but we also have to unplug our JOBPOWER USB Key and hand it off to that person.

Rhonda from PowerWorks Electric & Air Conditioning

Great Customer Support

This company has great customer support and the program is super easy to use. It makes sense from an accounting Standpoint.

Pros

Everything

Cons

I can't access information that is over a certain age.(if I had printed reports, I would have information from day 1). Our fault.(the time I can access is like 5 years.)

December 2014

Gina from Connelly Plumbing Co.

December 2014

Couldn't live without it!

Pros

Job Power is extremely user-friendly! It provides everything I need from A/P to Payroll to complete Job Costing. And I cannot say enough about the support staff! They are fantastic! They patiently answer all the crazy questions I come up with!

Cons

If I had to pick one thing that we like the least, it would be the 3-digit sort code when entering A/R in the "add/revise A/R" module.

September 2016

Rita from Old Naples Builders, Inc.

September 2016

BEST SOFTWARE FOR CONSTRUCTION ACCOUNTING SYSTEM!!!!!

I have been using JobPower for over a year now and I Love it!!! I would never ever use QuickBooks or any other construction accounting system except for JobPower!! I have worked in the construction business for a long time and this is the Best program for the reports, payroll and job costing!!! I know everything I could ever know about each of our projects. Their customer support is out of this world!! When I call I always get help right away and if they are busy I always get a return call back in less than 10-15 minutes and they all speak ENGLISH!

Renee from Zellner Construction Services, LLC

December 2014

JOBPOWER: Making work a piece of cake!

Pros

This program is fantastic! It is user-friendly. If you know accounting, you can follow the program easily.

Cons

I really can't think of anything I don't like about the program. I am a General Contractor, and it serves my needs. Applied Computer is constantly open to any suggestions or needs that we ask for.

November 2013

Barbara from MGM Electric Co., Inc.

November 2013

I have been using JobPower for over 10 years. The customer support staff is exceptionally knowledgeable of their product and very helpful. The program was fairly easy to install, with little, if any, help needed by the technical department. The ease of the program made the transition from One Write Plus simple. The ability to tweak the reports is an added feature that we like as electrical contractors. The willingness of their team listen to and implement "suggestions" in the upgrades is an added bonus. I would recommended this program to others, and I have!

Elisa from Creative Contractors, LLC

JOBPOWER review

Pros

You can run multiple companies and keep everything in one program. It is all inclusive.

Cons

There is not one thing I can say bad about the program.

Brittany from The Pocketbook Agency

Industry: Commercial Real Estate

Review of software

I tested this product for candidate storage and it was pretty good.

Pros

easy to organize candidates, user-friendly.

Cons

price

TIM from MANTZ

un useable,

double entry, poor customer support, no one ever home, leave a message, then they call back when I'm in the field, ( I do have to build stuff to make a living )simple tasks made super complex, clumsy labeling of menus ( why would I go to ' print customer change orders " to define a change order? No headings of continuation sheets, have to enter a separate "budget" to do any cost accounting, so double entry there, and the billing and budgets don't relate to each other. owned this for six months and have yet to get one invoice prepared.

Pros

NOTHING

Cons

EVERYTHING

December 2014

Krystal from LCR Contractors, Inc.

Jobpower is Great!!

Pros

Customer support is extremely knowledgeable and helpful.

Cons

Minor bugs pop up now and then, but are normally fixed with an update.

Josh from Savage Bros., Inc.

Great product!

Jobpower has been extremely helpful in keeping our financials in order. Easy to learn and use, very detailed and they are extremely helpful with any problems we have had.

Barbara from MGM Electric Co., Inc.,

Top Notch Customer Service

We have been using JobPower for a very long time, well over 10 years. The ease of use, has never changed. Customer Support knowledge is what keeps us with them.

April 2012

David from Meltebeke Construction

April 2012

JOBPOWER has been great. It's easy to use, customizable to my business and the support is outstanding. It's great value for the money.