• Pros

• "This software only needed a day of training, it gives fast results and accurate numbers it won’t let you make mistakes"

• "Easy to use and customizable enough to take off any project. Seems to be a very accurate way to bid small to very large projects."

• "Ease of Use & Great Support. Gene helped me on a Labor Day Holiday Weekend. Superb Service."

• Cons

• "I have never had any problems with this program and I have been using it for almost 1 year!"

• "The hardware fails from time to time, but the software has been pretty reliable. That said, setting it up initially takes a lot of legwork."

• "Needs better real-time updates. Some of the equipment that we use on projects are not included in the software that I have found."

Browse WenDuct and WenPipe Reviews

Reid from CAS

Great product and outstanding customer support team.

Pros

We've been using Wenduct for over 2 decades and have had great success with it. We actually realized about a year ago that we hadn't updated in years, but the product still worked very well. Now that we've upgraded, we have even more functionality. It definitely requires some training, but we've been able to on-board 4-5 employees on it relatively quickly (3-6 months with close training by a seasoned estimator).

September 2012

Kerry from Hawkeye Sheet Metal

September 2012

My name is Kerry McCann, I am the General Superintendent at Hawkeye Sheet Metal in Shreveport, LA. I have been in this trade since 1983. I got the opportunity to go to work for Hawkeye Sheet Metal in February 2012. We are a new sheet metal shop with all new equipment and a variety of capabilities. From ductwork, to welded exhaust, stainless and aluminum welding for counter tops, dog boxes, gas tanks, we do a variety of specialty work. We have a plasma table in shop and portable plasma machines. When it came time to look for an estimating program for ductwork I looked on the internet and selected the two top rated. To be fair I had a demo done with each company. I inquired with WenDuct and within 24 hours I got a call from Gene Kaplan at Wendes. We talked for about two hours along with a demo and after that I knew that Wendes was the estimating program for me. Gene walked me through the program and it honestly felt like it was custom designed just for me. Gene is a terrific instructor and a very straight forward guy with exceptional integrity. I picked up quite quickly and when I ran into a question, I just picked up the phone and spoke directly with the tech support guys. They basically dropped whatever they were doing and straightened me out. It is very easy to use, very acurate and very fast. So, now I am proud to say "look out guys, the game is afoot!"

Jeremy from Dowdy Corporation

Pros

Never using an estimation program before, this product is extremely easy to use. I was taking off projects with-in the first day of use. This product has saved me a lot of time that I can devote to other areas of my job.

Cons

Haven't come across any problems or concerns at this time.

Brendon from Darnold Mechanical, Inc.

Crucial to our business

Great software, it has our bids right where they need to be.

Quincy from Namron Incorporated

We love Wenduct!!

Pros

This software only needed a day of training, it gives fast results and accurate numbers it wont let you make mistakes

Cons

I could not find any cons for this software at first I was confused with the quantity and length options

Joe from DEEM Mechanical / Electrical LLC

Wenpipe and Wenduct Are Great Estimating Systems

As I spend more time with the software I find more things that it can and cannot do. If you find a limitation you can call rep and they can help either find a way to get it done or can make changes to help expand the system for you.

Pros

The developers that created this estimating system are still working and supporting the software. As new plumbing, piping, and duct materials come available it is expandable to integrate these new systems into the software.

Cons

The windows 64 version of the Wenpipe Software is still in a Beta testing mode at this point and there seems to be some bugs to work out. They will eventually get this worked out.

December 2014

Zaya from Shiba Mechanical Inc.

December 2014

Amazing software for pricing Plumbing and HVAC!

Pros

This software is incredible for pricing mechanical jobs. It is easy to use and the Wendes Systems team is amazing with their full support. I learned how to use this program quickly with the help of the support team that's always on the line. The programmers have done an amazing job with all the new updates that come out. We are pricing on average 5 jobs per week using WenPipe & WenDuct, and we are always 100% right on our price. This program gives your company the opportunity at a guaranteed success.

October 2011

Gary from Riverbend Air Conditioning, Inc.

October 2011

We are a small organization in the industrial and commercial air conditioning business. My problem in the past was that I could not land any small commercial jobs because of people working out of their trucks. I learned that I had to stay away from them and go after larger jobs, which in turn called for zero mistakes. The larger companies were using software and their bidding was very competitive. That's where I needed to be. I hooked up with Gene and never looked back. I am still learning the WenDuct and WenPipe programs but when I turn in my bids I am definitely more comfortable about the project. When we land one and I turn it over to a supervisor we are confident in the data. Wendes has helped set us up for success. In today's market everybody is just trying to survive and one mistake will harm your company. You may wonder about the cost of software, like I did, but it was worth every penny.

Alejandro from Aguirre Plumbing Systems, Inc.

Gene Kaplan helped us set up and walked us through a full project. We are in the top 3 for selection

The benefits we get from using this software are that we are placing more bids and our bids are more accurate and competitive for our generals and clients.

Pros

It is helping us bid future jobs more accurately. We are frequently contacted by general contractors stating we are top bidders. This is great!

Cons

Nothing so far. We do not have any cons to talk about the program. You do have to have Microsoft Office access for the reports, but that is not a Wendes issue.

John from J.P's Plumbing & Heating LLC

June 2011

We are a small Plumbing and Heating contracting company that was using a 3rd party estimating company. I was told about the Wenpipe program by Gene Kaplan, a consultant with the company. He set up a webinar and showed me how easy and user-friendly the system is. After our webinar I was convinced about how well the program is put together and how user-friendly it is. I have been using the program for about 4 months now and I have been extremely happy with the program and the results. Gene has also helped me out with questions on the system and has personally walked me through certain areas that I didn't know or understand. Customer support has been terrific. I would highly recommend this program to any company, big or small. Thanks Gene and WenDuct and WenPipe for everything.

Levi from Air Bender Sheet Metal

Air Bender Sheet Metal

I have been using the program for 3 months or so, and its been nothing but a pleasure. I am very confident in bidding small residential jobs to large industrial.

Pros

Very helpful support staff is always available and very informative. super easy program to run.

Cons

Been on the program for 3 months and haven't found anything worth noting.

March 2014

Justin from Triple Crown Metals Ltd.

March 2014

Good program with great customer service.

Pros

The best part of this program was the customer support. Gene Kaplan and the tech support staff were very helpful with the training and helped tailor the program the specific needs of my business. Overall, we have already been able to save countless hours in our estimating process in only a few short weeks of consistent usage.

Cons

No complaints to date. All my questions and concerns have been answered in a timely and friendly manor.

July 2013

Leo from Bombard Mechanical, LLC

July 2013

I work as a senior plumbing estimator at Bombard Mechanical in Las Vegas, NV. When I started with Bombard 8 years ago, we were using WenDuct and WenPipe with digitizers. I had some previous experience with Wendes at a previous employer. We had always received excellent support with the five licenses we had. A few years ago, we upgraded to the on-screen version of the software because of all the paper costs we were incurring. Wendes has been great helping us adapt and implement their software into our hardware and various other requests and requirements. I would highly recommend their software to anybody who wants and needs to get through projects quickly and profitably.

October 2012

Terrence from Multiwide Mechanical Contractor Ltd

October 2012

I'm Terrence Rebeiro, employed as Project Estimator For Multiwide Mechanical Contractor Ltd. Have been in this construction industry for a while. Normally use to do the take - off's manually, until 4 months back a sub contractor of our introduced to this estimating software "Wen Pipe". Wendes software helped us save time considerably. For projects that would take at least a week for take off now could be done easily within a day...It is very user friendly software. I give 10/10 to the customer support, anytime we need their service it's a matter of a call away and we get prompt services. I wish Gene Kaplan and his team all the very best!

Dayron from All in one repairs LLC

Exceptional product

I am able to win more jobs and cut my time/cost in half

Pros

I was able to do more jobs in less time and with them prices and the way it is set up i was able to win more contracts

TIM from Tim McCarter Plumbing Inc.

Tim McCarter Plumbing Inc.

The representative has been very helping full with us in this training process. We are still in the first stages of learning look forward to the continued support. THANKS

Simon from Reeves Mechanical LP

June 2011

We are a design build Mechanical Contractor and have been using estimating software for years. I was looking to upgrade my software and wanted to integrate CADPIPE with my estimating software. I was able to purchase both the piping and duct suites for the same cost as one estimation suite. Gene was very helpful in walking me through the differences and helping to set up Wenduct and WenPipe. They are a great value.

August 2013

Eric T from Reliable Air & Duct in the Washington DC area

August 2013

I enjoy the service of Wendes, and also I enjoy working with Glen Kaplan. He's very helpful with answering questions. The team in their trouble shooting office was, and is, a great help. I, myself, am very happy with my Wendes systems. The software has a lot for you to learn, but once you learn it, it's pretty easy. You will be very happy to have the program!

Michael from HAMM MECHANICAL, LLC>

Excellent value, usefulness, and support is unbeatable.

It cut my estimating time to less than a quarter of time I was spending.

Pros

Ease of use, value, and support received is excellent. Gene Kaplan is excellent support, knowledgeable, he even got back to me on a Sunday morning for support.

Cons

Nothing, program is very useful, priced right, and the support is unbeatable, they are very responsive to help call's.

Response from Wendes Systems

Replied May 2018

Thanks so much Mike!

aNDREW from Haffner Mechanical Systems

easy tp learn

worth the money. Gene is very helpfull

Pros

the quickness of getting the bid out. The spec driven program makes it easy! I like the fact that they have a lot of the material already programed

Cons

wish there were better pre assemblies programed in. the Graphics are out DATED. LOOKING FORWARD TO THE NEW VERSION 64BIT

John from Gelstone Inc.

Wendes Pipe Mechanical Pipe & Plumbing from GELSTONE INC.

Great Experience working with Gene from Wendes. He helped me estimate a job and showed me how easy and time saving it can be. I am excited to be using this new program.

Pros

Cons

Software and service is great. I have no Cons.

TREVOR from JONES PLUMBING& HEATING INC.

WenDuct and WenPipe review

Pros

LIKE THE EASE OF THE PROGRAM AND THE TECH SUPPORT IS AWESOME!!! THE TECH SUPPORT HELPED ME SET UP ALL MY PRICING.