All Constant Contact Reviews

Company size: 2 - 10 employees

September 2022

Email marketing made easy

October 2022

Constant Contact is really fabulous for email marketing--we use it for all our opted in messaging

We set up a landing page with a form fill, ad traffic to the landing page. Constant contact handled email and responses for all of the opted in addresses, and kept the leads warm while we developed them. Excellent deliverability, easy to use, just a first class software.

Pros

I'm pretty familiar with email software, having used four different options extensively. Constant contact was the slickest interface, the most intuitive programming, and all of the features I wanted, without being too expensive or difficult to use.

Cons

I have nothing but good things to say about constant contact. If I had to find a thing I like least, it would be the confusion between campaigns and programming.

Reasons for choosing Constant Contact

The user interface is easier, the pricing structure is better, and support answers my questions.

Reasons for switching to Constant Contact

Price was the first factor, but then once I got in and started using it I found it was much simpler and more powerful than I expected.

Hafizah

Constant Contact review

Pros

Constant Contact excels in handling various groups/lists and large numbers of contacts. I've dealt with companies with a vast customer base, and Constant Contact enables you to manually eliminate subscribers and errors from more extensive groups/lists. They're coming out with a new edition of their email builders, but the existing one allows for individual CSS coding per block, which allows for a lot of customization.

Cons

Constant Contact has several oddities that I haven't encounter with Mailchimp, especially when using external connections for photographs and URLs. The email builder's text and link editing is a little strange and has a few flaws. Also, unless you make folders for all of your emails, the new search option for past emails is quite sluggish and takes a very long time to find.

Reasons for switching to Constant Contact

Zoho Mail is slow to loading the email and not many useful feature can be find there.

December 2022

The highs and lows of constant contact.

Pros

1)Easy to use: Constant Contact has a user-friendly interface that makes it easy for users to create and send emails, even if they have little to no experience with email marketing.2)Customizable templates: Constant Contact offers a wide range of customizable templates that users can use to create professional-looking emails.3)Advanced features: Constant Contact offers advanced features such as A/B testing, segmentation, and automation, which can help users fine-tune their email campaigns and improve their results.4)Integration with social media: Constant Contact allows users to easily integrate their email campaigns with social media platforms such as Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn, making it easier to reach a wider audience.5)Excellent customer support: Constant Contact has a reputation for providing excellent customer support, with a team of experts available to help users with any questions or issues they may have.

Cons

1)Expensive: Constant Contact can be more expensive than some other email marketing tools, especially for users with large email lists or those who need advanced features.2)Limited customization options: While Constant Contact allows users to customize their templates, the options for customization may be limited compared to other email marketing tools.3)No free plan: Constant Contact does not offer a free plan, which may be a drawback for users on a tight budget or those who are just starting out with email marketing.4)Lack of integrations: Constant Contact does not offer as many integrations with other tools and platforms as some other email marketing tools.5)Poor deliverability: Some users have reported issues with email deliverability with Constant Contact, which can be a major issue for any email marketing campaign.

Jaycee

December 2022

Good for price but outdated

It’s fine but I didn’t stay with them. Found omniscend better for customizing my emails to better fit my brand

Pros

Easy to use and organize campaigns. Customer service was friendly and eager to help. Great looking templates

Cons

It’s really hard to customize outside of their templates. Canva is integrated but it’s also really hard to use and actually apply to the templates

Price

Hadi

Industry: Oil & Energy

Constant Contact Review

I Highly recommend Constant Contact for anyone in need of an email marketing solution. It has all the features you need to create and track effective campaigns and the customer support team is always available to help with any questions or issues.

Pros

One of the things I appreciate most about Constant Contact is the comprehensive reporting and analytics it provides. I can see how many emails were opened, how many clicks each link received, and even which links were most popular. This allows me to fine-tune my campaigns and make informed decisions about future emails.Another useful feature is the ability to schedule emails in advance, which is perfect for time-sensitive campaigns or if I'm not available to send the email at the time I want it to go out.

Cons

One potential downside is the cost. While the service does offer a free trial, the monthly pricing for Constant Contact can be somewhat expensive compared to other email marketing platforms. However, it is worth noting that the platform does offer a wide range of features that may justify the cost for some users.Another potential issue is the fact that Constant Contact does not offer a free plan. While the free trial allows you to test out the platform, you will need to sign up for a paid plan in order to continue using it. This may not be a feasible option for users with a very small email list or those on a tight budget.Finally, some users have reported that the Constant Contact interface can be somewhat cluttered and overwhelming, especially for those who are new to email marketing. While the platform does offer a lot of features and tools, it may take some time to get used to navigating the various menus and options.

Muntasir

Powering Connections: The Constant Contact Solution

Pros

Constant Contact is widely used for Email Marketing and it has several features that are liked by users, such as:Easy to use drag and drop editor for creating professional-looking email campaignsAutomated email campaigns and triggered emailsDetailed reporting and analyticsBuilt-in tools for managing contacts and growing listsIntegrations with various platforms and tools, such as social media, CRM, and e-commerce platforms.

Cons

Limited design customization optionsLimited automation capabilities compared to other email marketing toolsHigh pricing for some of the advanced featuresLimited flexibility with the email template layoutsSome users have reported issues with deliverability and inbox placement.It is important to note that these are just some of the common complaints and it might vary from user to user

A Review on Constant Contact

I really like Constant Contact. I think of it as the Professional's Choice.

Pros

It was the autoresponder of former president Barack Obama. If its good enough for Barack, then I should try it. I also love the new feature of "Text Message Marketing"

Cons

Integration was difficult at first because I'd used so many other programs. Once I whittled everything down to one user, then the flow was much easier.

Reasons for switching to Constant Contact

They were not great with the marketing that I was doing.

jean claude

December 2022

Le logiciel 5* utilisable par tous.

Ce logiciel est une pépite si vous faites de l'email marketing, de la saisie informatique ou que vous développiez un programme web, je vous le recommande vivement. Je lui donne 9,6/10

Pros

"Contact Constant" est pour moi un Excellent logiciel pour les PME. Il gère pratiquement tous les paramètres que possède un business en ligne (mailing, marketing, automatisation, analyses, rapports, gestion, assistance, chat....). Je le trouve ULTRA PRATIQUE.. de plus presque toutes les plateformes lui sont adaptables. Enfin, l'abonnement à 20€ parachève tous les points positifs. A ESSAYER ABSOLUMENT...

Cons

Je n'ai vraiment pas trouvé de point négatif à cet outil de grande qualité.

Shivanand

Constant Contact Review

Pros

I have been using Constant Contact from multiple years for email marketing. It provides large number of templates for multiple industries which are easy to customize even for a beginners. Managing multiple contact list and reporting is too good.

Cons

Less number of email templates More number of Templates can be provided for free users as Paid templates are too many.

Magdy

Industry: Dairy

January 2023

A good tool for automating marketing and customer connect

An easy-to-use, cheap, and affordable program with many features for sending and tracking email messages.

Pros

A program with many good features, such as marketing automation, communication with customers, cheap price, ease of communication with the support team, ease of conducting surveys, ease of communication directly with customers, ease of generating different analyzes, ease of creating and tracking emails.

Cons

There are not many cons, but the program needs updating, especially the templates.

Dominique

Industry: Broadcast Media

December 2022

Constant Contact is a Great Option for Communication!

Overall, I had a great experience with Constant Contact and would absolutely use it again especially for a small business where keeping up with customers and deploying marketing campaigns and reminders is so important.

Pros

I love the ease of use and ability to teach others how to use the software quickly & efficiently in a manner that allows you to create & manage email campaigns and contact with customers.

Cons

There were some systems that we would have liked to integrate with Constant Contact that at the time we used it, were not available.

Feyisayo

Bulk Email Marketing At Its Best

I like using Constant Contact and the experience has been good especially with bulk email sending.

Pros

1. Constant Contact makes it easy for me to send bulk email that goes straight to inbox and that what got me entangled with it. 2. I noticed a very rare feature that Constant Contact have that many other doesnt have. Constant Contact, allows me to collect donations from people. Many of the clients i have helped setup Constant Contact like the donation feature part so much too. 3. Constant Contact allows me create absolutely any kind of form that is needed for my list building.

Cons

Constant Contact doesnt have a free forever basic plan. Although they give first month free but I think they should have a plan for small businesses starting out who cannot afford their $20 a month.

Reasons for choosing Constant Contact

Sendinblue plan doesn't fit my budget, its too high compared to Constant Contact. Also, Sendinblue free plan is not encouraging. It says I can only send 300 emails per day.

Lisa

We think of Constant Contact as one of our team members!

Always a great experience using Constant Contact ... and on the very rare occasion when I may have a question or concern, their Customer Support is excellent.

Pros

Constant Contact makes it super easy to stay in touch with our association members as well as to create various marketing campaigns.

Cons

The only negative I have is with pricing. While Constant Contact provides tremendous value, and offers fantastic savings for a subscription paid annually (which is a good thing) ... for us as a non-profit, it is easier budget-wise for us to pay monthly, so we are not able to take advantage of the bigger discount. It would be helpful if Constant Contact allowed those same savings to be applied for non-profits who pay monthly ... especially since we have been a long-time customer.

Reasons for choosing Constant Contact

I had heard great things about Constant Contact, so I recommended it for our association to try. No regrets ... it was the best decision, and we have no intention of switching to any other e-mail program.

Reasons for switching to Constant Contact

At the time (about 10 years ago), we had been with cvent for a few years, and their e-mail module was not at all user-friendly. Moving to Contact Contact was the best thing we ever did for our marketing efforts.

Cheryle

Review for Constant Contact

Constant Contact has been a wonderful marketing tool and I have seen results. I love the ability to see who has opened my emails in real time, as I can immediately reach out to them while the contact is "hot".

Pros

Very user friendly, but the most important feature is their customer service. I always get a real person right away when I have a question or need support. Helpful templates were there when I first got started, and they continue to be available. Their email functionality allows me to tract my emails and see who opens it (all in real time).

Cons

I have been using this software for years, and I have no complaints. I am a one person business, with about 15,000 customers, so my database is not as robust as larger companies might need for marketing. I do not use Constant Contact for videos, slides, etc.

Reasons for switching to Constant Contact

MailChip was more expensive and harder to use.

Super easy to use, less functionality that Mailchimp but not necessarily a bad thing

We use Constant Contact for marketing, admissions and development emails. We recently made the switch from MailChimp to Constant Contact because I, as the primary user, was wanting something that would be less labor-intensive. While having fewer features and customizable content as Mailchimp, it's nice not having to hand code anything. Additionally, it seems to provide a similar experience regardless of browser. With Mailchimp we kept having diplay/layout issues with recipients viewing in Outlook 365 on a PC.

Pros

It's simple. Drag and drop editor is dummy proof. Very simple to build emails and automations. Ability to do emails with multiple columns.

Cons

Not able to do edge-to-edge designs and the footer is less customizable than our previous email software (Mailchimp)

Reasons for switching to Constant Contact

While having fewer features and customizable content as Mailchimp, it's nice not having to hand-code anything. After Mailchimp updated their interface in 2018/19, we found a number of display issues that appeared for recipients using Outlook. Mailchimp did not offer three column photos with text, a feature we needed for our newsletter. The new image editor that Mailchimp added in 2019 is frustrating. Whenever I'd upload an image, I then had to click to resize it, save it, then click edit again to make any additional changes. For some reason it would never let me do everything at once. This seems like a little issue, but the frustration of waiting for the image to process was too much... Lastly, Constant Contact has a feature for readers to do a survey inside of the email. Since our newsletter doesn't have click throughs, this feature is beneficial to judge actual engagement.

Jhonjerlyn