All Square Online Reviews

Casscilla

Computer Software, 1 employee

Reviewed February 2020

My square store

overall, I love the product, It help me get my starter business ope and running when I had no idea how to start it SQUARE ONLINE STORE got me what I need and how I needed it to be done so that I could be my best.

PROS

Well first of all it's free you can not beat that no matter how you slice the deal. Finding out what kind of store you are wanting to open. Will you be offering single shipping out will you be shipping multi items for shipping. And if you will be shipping the items or if someone will be picking the items up from you.

CONS

no bad thing s to say about this peace of software. It ask all of the right questions to get your new business up and running no mater wat it maybe that you are trying your hand at this software is ware business will come.

Kristina

User Friendly Set Up

I actually completed my site, have it up and running and am making sales! It’s a huge accomplishment to have been able to get this done! Square made it easy to navigate and was there for me when I had questions. They did not ignore my issues and kept in touch until things were fixed.

PROS

This is the mist user friendly software I have found. I have tried others and given up. But I completed my website on Square!

CONS

I’d like more creative options. To be able to soften edges of photos, create different shaped photos. More fonts to choose from and colors. Ability to make sections smaller and move wording around in more of the free space.

Reason for choosing Square Online

I have used square for sales on my phone and found it a great interface. Once building my site all the others were difficult to navigate.

Reasons for switching to Square Online

I had a really hard time navigating Shopify. It was not user friendly and frustrated the heck out of me.

Benjamin

Alternative Medicine, 2-10 employees

Reviewed June 2021

Has some great features, but also plenty of glitches

Overall, Square Online has improved a lot since we started using it at the end of 2019. We love the delivery and curbside pickup features. There are still improvements that could be made, like setting up a subscription program to encourage recurring orders. Most of the features are pretty basic (customer loyalty program, 'similar items', etc.) - we wish there was more ability to customize features so they better meet our needs.

PROS

Creating our website through Square Online was pretty easy, especially for someone without a background in web design. The inventory management features and integration with Square POS is great!

CONS

Just beware, there seem to be a lot of bugs with Square Online and getting ahold of customer service via phone is not easy. You have to jump through several hoops before they will give you a phone number to call. This can be very frustrating when the website is having an issue that needs immediate attention. Once you do get ahold of customer service, if your issue is not deemed 'high priority' it can take them weeks/months to fix it, if they ever do at all.

Reasons for switching to Square Online

We signed up for Square Online when Square became our payment processor.

Reviewed March 2024

Square Online from a Salon's Perspective: A Mixed Bag

PROS

Square Online has been a boon for our salon's transaction management and e-commerce. Its user-friendly interface allowed us to quickly adapt, facilitating smooth credit card payments for our customers. The platform's robust analytics have been key in overseeing profits and tax, offering clear insights that guide our business decisions. Additionally, the seamless integration with Square's ecosystem streamlines operations, from inventory management to customer payments, enhancing overall efficiency and the customer payment experience.

CONS

However, Square Online isn't without its drawbacks. Customization of the online store is somewhat limited, posing challenges for salons looking to create a unique online presence. While it performs well for basic e-commerce needs, those requiring deeper customization or unique branding might find it lacking.

Scott

Music, 1 employee

An Affordable Option for Small Businesses

Square Online has provided the most effective and affordable option for a growing small business that cannot afford the hefty price tags of other systems.

PROS

Square Online is a decent system that integrates well with the Square Retail POS. Managing inventory is generally easy although more features could be added consistent with our industry. Square stepped up its game by offering more options during the pandemic such as enhanced marketing tools, sales channel integrations with Facebook and an additional fulfillment method to offer to clients. Marketing features are decent, and the convenience of mobile apps is convenient when on the go.

CONS

Square needs to consider businesses that offer rentals. There can be improvements to better manage rental inventory and sales. Also, many manufacturers in our industry require that sale prices not be listed on e-commerce platforms. Square Online should add a "Call for Price" option.

Reason for choosing Square Online

Cost effectiveness, additional features for non-premium accounts, convenience

Laura

Food & Beverages, 1 employee

Reviewed June 2021

I love this site and it's features

I love how overrall easy it is to use Square from the initial taking of payment, organization of reports and invoicing and the value you get for a nominal price.

PROS

Great value for the money, templates make starting up easier than you can imagine, time saving and organization right at your fingertips.

CONS

Some editing features are difficult to understand when adding pages or sections to online platform. Would like to see more instructions or easier to understand instructions when adding products and customization to pages and sections.

Reason for choosing Square Online

Easier to use, better invoicing, better and more widely used devices for payment and a brand everyone knows.

Reasons for switching to Square Online

I did not like the cost of the fees associated with PayPal nor did I like the invoicing as compared to Square.

Jessica

Fine Art, 1 employee

Excellant Switch

I used paywall and stripe before finding square. Square is QUICK to get your money to you and will take contracts into consideration when a client disputes, which is really great. Customer service is hard to get to, you have to go through a series of articles to find help & there is no one to actually talk to when you can't find the answer int he articles.

PROS

I like how easy it is to add a customer & create/send/edit invoices for them.

CONS

I wish square was compatible with my online gallery service (pixieset) and I wish that I could see invoices from HoneyBook in my square dashboard! It is difficult having everything in different sites.

Reasons for switching to Square Online

stripe took a WEEK to put the money in my bank account. That didn't sit well with me. I stopped using PayPal because they have a policy of automatically siding with the client when there is a dispute, even when an ironclad contract is in place, the work has been done and product delivered.

Kathleen

POM’s Review

PROS

Easy to use, affordable, quick to manage inventory, professional templates.

CONS

I wish there were a multi-select option when Bulk Editing items onto the website (as in, putting in category and marking visible at the same time).

Reason for choosing Square Online

Ease of template/use, inventory management

Reasons for switching to Square Online

Inventory Management and syncing in-store and online sales.

Kimmy

Reviewed June 2021

Solid platform for a basic online store

My overall experience with Square Online is very positive because it made it super easy and cheap to create a basic online store. I was also already familiar with the dashboard because of other Square products so it was easy to use for me. However, if you want to do anything personalized or include more complicated features, Square can make it difficult.

PROS

This is an awesome product for small start-up businesses. You can do a ton with the free plan and the customer service has always been super helpful in my experience. You can literally build a working online store for free, however, to get the domain you have to pay monthly. The footer and header are already made for you and they look really professional and nice. You create the pages based on pre-made elements which makes it really easy.

CONS

The design of the website is pretty strict, you can't add much of your own designs or layouts. You have to make your ideas fit their layouts. Domain transferring was difficult, but the customer service helped. The embedded automatic forms sometimes don't work (I wouldn't get notified by all the submissions on my website). It can also be difficult to navigate the website in the editing portal.

Reason for choosing Square Online

Square online was free (before I added a domain) and it required no coding experience. It also connected to the products that I sold in person at my retail store.

Reasons for switching to Square Online

I switched because of $$$.

Amber

Alternative Medicine, 1 employee

Reviewed July 2022

I made a quick website since I was already using their POS and appointments

Easy and satisfying to use. It's not as customizable as SquareSpace, but it looks good and integrates with a decent amount of third party apps.

PROS

I like how easy it was to create a simple website that looks good and works well with little issue.

CONS

Square Online is meant to go along with their other services, such as POS, inventory management, online shops, appointments, etc. It's not trying to be highly customizable, but it is just customizable enough to do a fine job for most small businesses.

Reason for choosing Square Online

I needed something fast with a short learning curve.

Amber

Great All-In-One Product for Small Business

Overall I am throughly impressed and satisfied with Square. It is my understanding that the few issues I have with them they are in the process of releasing at some date in the future.

PROS

The overall ease of use is pretty simple. I also love having everything I need in one place. Payroll, POS, website, Google integration and so much more!

CONS

There is currently no pay in 4 option, which I feel hurts a retail business like mine.

Reason for choosing Square Online

Square had the most features at the best price.

Stephanie

Food & Beverages, 2-10 employees

Easy to Use for Professional New Small Businesses

Overall, I’ve been pleased with my experience with Square. I was glad to be able to re-negotiate my processing fee earlier this year, and the online store was really helpful during the beginning of the pandemic.

PROS

My business features both a retail store and a distribution branch, and being able to manage both areas of my business through Square has been wonderfully helpful, especially during my first year of business. The user interface is intuitive and easy-to-use for my staff, and adding and deleting items from the sale screen is quick and easy. Keeping my distribution items separately categorized and off of the retail display makes managing both parts of my business even easier.

CONS

I’ve had some issues with taxes being calculated properly, as I have tax applied to some items and not others. When I calculate what this should be on my own versus what Square says, the numbers haven’t always matched up. Also, getting photos to appear on the same item across devices (Square register, Square app, Square online) hasn’t always worked and has required me to upload the image for a second time or to change the image format.

Reason for choosing Square Online

I chose Square based on my previous experience using it at another business, and I like that the processing and POS and online store can be and are all rolled into one.

Michelle

Restaurants, 11-50 employees

Long Times Square Supporter

Pretty great for all the years we have used it and it has improved since we started using it!

PROS

Easy to setup - and easy to train staff!

CONS

Customer merging issues, some reporting issues

Reason for choosing Square Online

Easy to understand and could use on tablets

Cost and better tech

Retail, 2-10 employees

Reviewed June 2021

Business Management all in one place!

Love that I can track all inventory in my brick and mortar and online all in one place without extra work. It all happens in the background, and I can focus on other areas of business. Recently added employees and began using payroll. Makes life so simple to track employee hours, maintain schedules, and complete payroll with just a few clicks. It even reminds me to complete my payroll, which I am sure my employees appreciate.

PROS

As a small retail business that is growing rapidly, Square has given me the ability to start with basics and expand as my business has grown. Love that I can manage inventory, marketing, payroll, my online store and loyalty program all in one place. Such a time-saver.

CONS

The online store features have continued to grow this past year, but even being fairly knowledgeable about web design, it has taken some time to find ways to add bells and whistles that take the website to a more professional level.

Spencer

Photography, 1 employee

Reviewed June 2021

A thoughtfully-designed and feature-packed site builder that is painless to navigate!

I'm really satisfied with how simple my Square Online site was to create, and is to stylize and update. It looks fabulous, even with the robust free features, but it's a powerhouse with the analytics on the backend. I love that I can link my Square Online site as a subdomain to be able to use it as a booking website for my photography business. Cutting down on email communication with clients, which has Square Online has made possible through its Square Appointments integration with Square Online, has been an invaluable tool for prioritizing time in-person with my clients. Square Online looks great, it's functional, and it's easy to use. It's a primary tool in my business' toolkit.

PROS

For how feature-packed the product is, It's very user-friendly to navigate and set up. For how great the complete product looks, it shouldn't be so simple to use.

CONS

Connecting my Square Online site a subdomain was not a simple task. Establishing the SSL certificate credentials with my web host took a little extra time.

Reason for choosing Square Online

Square's features better suit my needs.

Reasons for switching to Square Online

Square's features better suit my needs.

Robin

Arts and Crafts, 1 employee

So easy to use

Thank you Square for making selling at markets seamless and easy. I recommend Square to other business owners and vendors every chance I get.

PROS

Square is great to use at your mobile location or in your brick and mortar store. I love how it sends customers receipts if they choose and syncs my inventory automatically when an item is sold. The Shippo integration is wonderful and automatically populates the customers information for shipping labels. It helps me stay organized and I love the ability to create reports showing me category sales as well as so many other aspects of my business. The deposits made to my account are timely as well.

CONS

The mobile app doesn’t work most of the time unfortunately. It would be helpful if it was reliable so I can edit my website on the go when I need to.

Price and ease of use

Publishing, 2-10 employees

Reviewed July 2023

Square Online-Best Solution for Small Business ECommerce

PROS

That it integrates with all of the other Square Products. I love I can access it from my mobile device.

CONS

The connectivity can be spotty at times and it can crash on mobile devices at inopportune times.

Judith