All Weebly Reviews

Company size: 51 - 200 employees

Simple interface, great for teachers

Amanda Josalene

Great for the price; Use for my online shop

I used Weebly for my online apparel business, and had switched to Weebly from Etsy. The experience has been great and I am still on Weebly’s monthly plan.

Pros

Weebly has been great for setting up an online shop in combination with my Square payments account and my website domain I purchased for cheap outside of Weebly. Weebly has a great monthly price plan that doesn’t break the bank for me and it comes with everything I need including domain transfer, easy online shopping set-up, store personalization, etc. I was able to easily hook-up my Weebly shop with Square which has low processing fees and instant deposits & transfers. I definitely suggest using Weebly with Square as they both compliment each other and both offer features that go hand-in-hand and make purchasing, shipping, bookkeeping, invoicing, etc. go by smoothly.

Cons

I didn’t have any cons. It did take me a little while to understand how to link my domain but that was due to my own fault.

Reasons for choosing Weebly

Weebly was able to connect directly with Square payments which was a massive pro for me as I am a loyal customer with Square.

August 2022

Great for beginners, business owners, or hobbyists

Pros

The software is very easy to use. I literally built Weebly websites when I was about 10 years old, before I knew a lick of HTML. I've since used it to build several unused sites and a couple of active ones. I have one up now that's for a liquor store my parents own, and since they didn't need anything fancy they were able to save hundreds if not thousands on making their website by simply having me do it easily on Weebly.

Cons

I would recommend sticking with Weebly as your webhosting service if you're going to build the site here because they really don't make it easy to integrate with a separate web hosting service. I also question the dynamic capabilities of Weebly's site builder without usage of manual JS code. I haven't looked much into the paid plug-ins, though, so if that's what people are using then it may be possible.

Reasons for choosing Weebly

Wix, like I said didn't fit my quality standards the first time I tried it. For several uses I paid for weebly on, an online store or e-commerce site was not required, so shopify didn't make a lot of sense for them. We have also used Squarespace and felt it was of similar quality, albeit somewhat more complicated to use. We have also used Shopify if and when an online store was what we sought. For simply built static pages, I feel Weebly is the best option followed by Squarespace.

Reasons for switching to Weebly

Wix is basically Prezi... Weebly is a real website builder.

Julie

"Starter" websites: Easy to DIY, lacking in customization

Weebly makes it unbelievably easy to create simple websites with virtually no technical skill or experience. If you're a solo entrepreneur, on a modest budget, and don't care about ranking well in search results, this is a solid choice. Think of a Weebly website as a "starter" website. If you are part of a bigger company or have more specific needs in a website, skip Weebly and consider hiring an experienced developer. You'll be glad you did.

Pros

Weebly is the easiest website building platform I've ever used. The drag-and-drop style of editing is highly visual, so you can literally see what you are creating in real time. It puts building your own website in reach for many people, saving thousands of dollars in design and development fees. You also don't have to worry about setting up third-party web hosting because Weebly keeps things under one roof.

Cons

All the ease of use comes at a cost, and that is the ability to customize. Compared to other platforms, Weebly is very limited in what it can do. Basic eCommerce is an option, which is a plus. But if you are used to an endless array of plugins, say, then you will be disappointed at the limited features offered in Weebly. If you just need a simple website and don't have your heart set on very unique layouts or effects, this is not a problem. I also have to point out the SEO factor. Weebly offers the ability to optimize some parts of the website - and you should optimize as much as you can. However, coming from a developer who even halfway knows what they're doing, a Weebly site is going to have a hard time competing with a well-optimized website on a certain other very popular web platform. Definitely not the least expensive hosting provider out there, either.

Reasons for choosing Weebly

Ease of use - could complete websites faster in a very small, growing company. It was also recommended to us by a third-party online class, for the same reason. Virtually no technical knowledge at all is required.

October 2022

Amazing software for website building and website design - strongly recommended

Overall, I love using Weebly to create website because I feel like I'm not restricted to a template but I also have many features to help make the website look professional. Very user friendly platform, anyone can use it as long as they are willing to learn.

Pros

I have been making blogs and websites with Weebly for almost 5 years now. The website I made for my tutoring initiative and small business have been the best work of mine so far. One thing that I really like about Weebly is that the platform gives you a lot of freedom to personalize your website and give it your touch but the platform also has suggestions/features that help make whatever you produce look professional. The features such as spacers which create a space between different objects make the site look much more aesthetically pleasing as everything is not just crammed together. The features such as "contact forms" or "image galleries" are very practical features to have and help shape a well made website. Weebly is also incredibly user friendly. Anyone willing to learn would be able to figure out how to use the platform in a very short amount of time. You can choose to preview the site and test out the site to see how everything is working and make any needed changes accordingly.

Cons

I really don't have anything bad to say. Weebly has always been my go to when it comes to creating websites.

Jaden Rose

Easy to Use Drag and Drop Website Builder

I love Weebly and currently use it for my website.

Pros

I love Weebly. I started off using Weebly, and then came back to using Weebly after trying two other website builders. What I like about Weebly is its simple interface. It's very user and beginner friendly. It's drag and drop website builder is intuitive for anyone. Now that Weebly has partnered with Square it has a lot more all-in-one functionally. You can have a blog, email marketing, Facebook posts, point of sale, appointments, eCommerce, and more.

Cons

Orginally the drag and drop editor was a little slow, but since they have partnered with Square it's been fast.

Reasons for switching to Weebly

Beautiful interface, with lots of white space.

Autumn

Industry: Graphic Design

June 2022

Weekly is my absolute favorite!

This is my absolute favorite blog site! Other sites like blogger are super difficult to use, but with weekly you don’t have to know much about editing as they provide the tools for you! Plus side is that you don’t really have to be premium, I use the free version and my storytelling needs were met.

Pros

Beginner friendly Lots of free templates No purchase necessary you get most features free! Easy to edit and customize

Cons

Getting in contact with customer support is tricky Recovering lost account was nearly impossible

Reasons for choosing Weebly

Did not look at others bought weekly Immediately.

Reasons for switching to Weebly

Wordpress was too difficult to use, they also lacked templates and some features were restricted to premium.

Anant

Weebly - Easiest Way to Get Online

All the websites that formed the backbone of my business are currently hosted on Weebly since the past 10 years. It is a great platform that is not only irreplaceable but also outright the only choice I would ever make.

Pros

The WYSIWYG Editor that Weebly pioneered Simple and Elegant Interface Multiple Domains with Stats Free Hosting Option with Unlimited Bandwidth Custom Domains and SSL Amazing Customer Support Cross Platform Support

Cons

Slower to Edit Website No Root Access to Files Lack of Template Choice Limited access to Design

Reasons for choosing Weebly

Weebly had the right combination of features.

Jared

Webmasters beware

I've built multiple websites for clients as well as my own and I've never been disappointed that the quality reaches the maximum for each goal the client wants to achieve.

Pros

The website offers dummy proof controls to build a website that helps a client launch and stay in budget for where they want to go with their business.

Cons

There's a lot of limitations in branding, and scalability with product integrations.

Reasons for choosing Weebly

The content management and design is within scale and reason less time consuming.

Gerry

Industry: Biotechnology

October 2022

Basic option if you want a free website build but there are better (and also free) options out there

Pros

Almost nothing. The base building software is free but it is extremely basic. The websites look like they are straight out of 1999 geocities templates, so if you are nostalgic, this is a great platform for you.

Cons

Where to start. Basic builds. Overly simplistic interface that may be easy to build on but looks downright terrible. HORRIBLE customer service. We switched owners of the site when I took over the website management and they merged my account with the previous owner giving both of us access to each other's personal information, including access to payment information and admin access to all other websites on our profiles. Customer service offered a 2 month extension on our free plan as an "I'm sorry" and brushed off the data breach without ever explaining how they let it happen besides promising to tell the engineers. This was after being passed back and forth between the Square customer service and multiple Weebly customer service reps over the course of nearly 90 minutes.

Reasons for choosing Weebly

I inherited the Weebly built site otherwise I would have chosen a good free option like Wix which looks much better, has greater functionality, and is easier to use.

Natalie

October 2022

Great if you want a website and aren't fussed about the design

Very easy to navigate and use. Helped me to see that website design was possible for someone who isn't a website design and for that I am truly grateful

Pros

I had very little experience building a website before using this sofware and it was super simple to use

Cons

I didn't feel like I had a lot of options when it came to the design of the website and the customisation of it. Although I was proud that I was able to set my website up and weebly made this easy to do so, I wasn't happy with the finished product

Reasons for choosing Weebly

There was no real reason I picked weebly, I had no experience of wix or weebly at the time

Katie

Good eCommerce for small business

Weebly has made my online presence so much easier to maintain. Rather than having 3 or 4 different "locations" that I had to update with a listing or a sale, now I'm down to Etsy and Weebly. It's a huge impact in time management - I can focus on other things now.

Pros

It was and is so easy to sync with my Square account and make a really beautiful, simple website. The integration with Square's inventory means that I don't have to spend hours copying and relisting items I've already entered, and I don't have to worry about updating my website if I sell out of something at a craft show - the inventory tracking and integration with Square handles that for me.

Cons

There are some functions that could be more user-friendly or personalizable - for example, adding badges or other HTML to the site. I have several badges from various organizations that I like to keep listed as they're my credentials, but the website doesn't display them well.

Reasons for choosing Weebly

BigCommerce was not very user friendly, and I'd had experience with Wix's free sites in the past - so I knew they weren't what I was looking for.

Reasons for switching to Weebly

Shopify was another platform I had to maintain, and I had to add a million "apps" to get it how I wanted it. It didn't integrate with Square, so trying to sync all of my accounts was out of the question. I had to list a new product in multiple places, which I no longer have to do. Weebly is slightly less expensive, but gives me back a lot of time.

Kate

Industry: Individual & Family Services

Had a website up and running in 1 hour!

When starting my business, I was looking at different website creation tools. On Weebly's first page, I saw a template that I liked and, since I didn't want to go down the rabbit hole of choosing from thousands of templates, I went with Weebly. I also liked that you can port your website to another platform if you want to leave Weebly. But after 5 years, I'm still with Weebly. I'm not a tech genius, but I can make changes to the site myself and it doesn't take much time to figure out what I need to do to make the site look the way I want. Seriously, after signing on with Weebly, I had a basic site up and running in one hour!

Pros

I love that Weebly is easy to use and doesn't confuse me with a million different options.

Cons

Mailchimp doesn't integrate well with Weebly, so this can cause some issues. There are limitations with popups and forms, so that can be a bit of an issue, but I've made it work.

Reasons for choosing Weebly

Wix seemed overly confusing and had way too many templates.

Emily

Needed for Ecom Features

The customer support is very nice and everything is easy to use. I have used Weebly on and off for many years and was always generally happy with it.

Pros

If it wasn't for the lack of ecom features that I need to run my business, I would still be using this service. It is easy to use and make an attractive website. I love how easy it is to edit every last detail without a lot of web design knowledge.

Cons

The ecom features are very limited and I couldn't use the gift certificate features the way my business needed.

Reasons for choosing Weebly

The price is good to have a basic landing page.

Reasons for switching to Weebly

When I don't need too diverse of a sales platform, I always use weebly for a project.

Mindy

Industry: Graphic Design

So Simple!

I really enjoy using Weebly. I can easily post products to my graphic design website and can easily lead customers to my shops with a simple picture-click that's linked to the product page. (I sell on Zazzle and the likes so it's not something I have inventory for and therefore cannot use Weebly's shop options but I would have nothing against using it if one day I do carry inventory.)

Pros

Okay, I am tech-savvy but I am no coder which is why Weebly is PERFECT for me!!! It's a very simple drag-and-drop format but there's so much flexibility! And if you do know code, you can do whatever you want. there are no limits!

Cons

I really don't see any negatives to Weebly but since I have to write something, I'll say that I wish some paid features were free - don't we all?

Reasons for switching to Weebly

Wix wasn't as flexible and didn't have as many nice options as Weebly. I believe Wix may have come a long way though but I like Weebly so I have no reason to go back.

Brittany

March 2022

Easy Website Builder for Beginners

I have had no issues with Weebly, I would use this platform if I ever needed to create a landing page for an event whether it is ongoing or a one-time thing. This platform is very easy to use.

Pros

I love the templates available and how customizable the pages are. I can fully design my website with what feels like complete autonomy, however, I am also not a web designer but Weebly makes it feel easy and look great for virtually no price at all.

Cons

I am not a website designer by any means, so I am not sure what would be missin