All Weebly Reviews

1-25 of 1,648 Reviews

Education Management, 51 - 200 employees

Used more than 2 years

Reviewed May 2021

Simple interface, great for teachers

Amanda Josalene

Apparel & Fashion, 2-10 employees

Reviewed September 2019

Great for the price; Use for my online shop

I used Weebly for my online apparel business, and had switched to Weebly from Etsy. The experience has been great and I am still on Weebly’s monthly plan.

PROS

Weebly has been great for setting up an online shop in combination with my Square payments account and my website domain I purchased for cheap outside of Weebly. Weebly has a great monthly price plan that doesn’t break the bank for me and it comes with everything I need including domain transfer, easy online shopping set-up, store personalization, etc. I was able to easily hook-up my Weebly shop with Square which has low processing fees and instant deposits & transfers. I definitely suggest using Weebly with Square as they both compliment each other and both offer features that go hand-in-hand and make purchasing, shipping, bookkeeping, invoicing, etc. go by smoothly.

CONS

I didn’t have any cons. It did take me a little while to understand how to link my domain but that was due to my own fault.

Reason for choosing Weebly

Weebly was able to connect directly with Square payments which was a massive pro for me as I am a loyal customer with Square.

Reviewed September 2022

Drag and Drop Website Building For Beginners

Honestly, Weebly is an easy platform to use. You can quickly build a website for free or you can choose to go with a paid plan. I've used the free version and the paid version without any hiccups. For anyone just starting out online, their platform is a dream.

PROS

Weebly comes with website templates that are ready to go right out the box. For anyone looking to build a website without the fuss of watching a million tutorials or YouTube "how to" vids, this is a winner.

CONS

While Weebly makes website building is easy, there is little that can be done beyond the templates they provide. This is why I left Weebly and switched over to WordPress for all of my websites.

Reason for choosing Weebly

I left Wix and started building on Weebly because I preferred the templates on Weebly.

Reasons for switching to Weebly

I preferred the website templates that Weebly had to offer over the templates that came with Wix.

Rich

Graphic Design, 2-10 employees

Reviewed October 2019

There are better options out there.

Support takes a VERY long time to reply to tickets and/or messages. Sometimes up to a week. Replies are usually canned messages or written as if the CSR doesn't really care about helping you or not. Customization to our site theme from one of their on-site-listed 3rd party customizers made our checkout page un-usable after Weebly did some updates. I had to contact Weebly support twice (over more than a week's time) before they told me they couldn't help us due to our custom theme (which I don't think carries over into the check out pages). The customizer ended up fixing it for us. The only reason we haven't gone to another e-commerce hosting company is we don't have the time to invest in setting up all of our products again in another platform. When we do have time, we'll be moving on to a better platform.

PROS

No much. It seemed to be what we needed after ditching a prior hosting company/shopping cart. The price was in-line or maybe a bit lower than some competitors.

CONS

After importing our item list we began to see how cumbersome using the back-end is. There's a huge learning curve. To this day, years after signing up, it's still difficult to navigate around. Lots of standard features are lacking, and they don't seem to be in a hurry to implement anything that their client base requests.

Reason for choosing Weebly

The cost and what seemed to be prompt customer support.

Reasons for switching to Weebly

The customization that they did for our site for us would break the site every time they updated their core applications - and wanted to charge us hundreds of dollars to fix our site every time they did - even though I had in writing that their updates wouldn't break our site, and if they did they would take care of them at no charge.

Resha

Consumer Goods, 1 employee

Reviewed November 2023

Well known platform

PROS

I like having the ability to integrate other tools that I needed

CONS

Definitely have to take your time with it and understand how to navigate system

Christopher W.

Entertainment, 1 employee

Reviewed November 2020

Easy and Powerful

I have a snazzy looking front for my comedy troupe, and a hidden page to send to potential clients with a demo reel. It’s easy to maintain and update, and I can even run merchandise through it. What more can you ask for?

PROS

I loved how easy it was to build and flesh out a fully-featured website in a few minutes. Because there are multiple templates to start from, each of which can be further customized, and their WYSIWYG engine is so simple, adding or tweaking pages to cover more of our content is super easy too. Their customer service hotline is top-notch, if you’re a paid customer. And the prices aren’t too bad.

CONS

If a design template is no longer supported or licensed by Weebly, websites that use it get to keep it. However, Weebly stops being able to work with said template past a certain point so certain edits become frustrating or overly complicated. It’s easy to switch templates and rebuild, which is what I ended up doing, but it was still needed.

Reason for choosing Weebly

The drag and drop functionality is much easier to learn and more flexible, plus having built-in storefront features are an excellent value.

Nicki

Mechanical or Industrial Engineering, 11-50 employees

Reviewed November 2023

Success with Weeble

PROS

Weebly is very easy to learn, use and implement. The free version has so many features that its great to try it out before you buy it.

CONS

It can be tough to edit Weebly from the phone app but we haven't had a need to make changes on the fly, so it's been okay to not have phone editability.

Reason for choosing Weebly

The free version of the software made for a great opportunity to try it before committing to the full version of the software.

Reasons for switching to Weebly

We needed something more professional and that had more features.

Xavier

Music, 1 employee

Reviewed October 2019

An almost top dog website builder

I would say that my overall experience with Weebly has been satisfactory but a little underwhelming. When I compare with other website builders like: Squarspace, etc. They seem to look more modern and more stylish. I do not know if I am staying with them or moving on in the near future.

PROS

I was able to create my website the way I wanted it. I had been fighting to create a website until I finally did it and decided to go with Weebly because my wife has her website with them and it looked pretty cool. I chose a template and replaced everything with my pics and videos and voila I had my website.

CONS

I feel like the website can be clunky and sometimes non responsive. Sometimes while dragging and dropping the different options for photos and videos the preview would not be an accurate depiction of what it actually looked like in the website. It would freeze sometimes and you would need to get out and come back in and pray that the changes you made were saved, sometimes it was and sometimes it was not.

Reason for choosing Weebly

Because my wife already had a website with them.

Jared

Marketing and Advertising, 2-10 employees

Reviewed June 2022

Webmasters beware

I've built multiple websites for clients as well as my own and I've never been disappointed that the quality reaches the maximum for each goal the client wants to achieve.

PROS

The website offers dummy proof controls to build a website that helps a client launch and stay in budget for where they want to go with their business.

CONS

There's a lot of limitations in branding, and scalability with product integrations.

Reason for choosing Weebly

The content management and design is within scale and reason less time consuming.

Traci

Construction, 11-50 employees

Reviewed March 2022

Weebly: Web design for beginners

My experience has been positive due to the ease of the product.

PROS

Weebly simplifies the once always complex process of creating a website.

CONS

It would be appreciated if there were more templates available.

Reason for choosing Weebly

The determining factors in choosing Weebly were price and the procedure used to create a website.

Faiyaz

Design, 2-10 employees

Reviewed October 2022

Good Website builder on Budget.

PROS

It's really very much easier than Wordpress. Though isn't that much powerful. Yet manages to give a smooth experience in Website Building. Price is comparatively cheap. The UI is simple and easy. Great for blogs.

CONS

A bit laggy. Lacks many advanced features. Sometimes themes doesn't support mobile screens.

Reasons for switching to Weebly

Squarespace is a bit more complex and hard to learn too.

Darnell

Apparel & Fashion, 51-200 employees

Used monthly for less than 2 years

Reviewed June 2024

Weebly Time ⌚

Would recommend to all to switch great style

PROS

The system is great easy to navigate around would change a thing

CONS

Customer service center could be more direct

1 employee

Reviewed September 2019

Great options for a self-published author

I love what I can do with Weebly. I use one of the smaller package options and it allows me to apply my logo to the menu tab, as well as knock the weebly.com off my website address. I found it easy to set up photos and link them to other websites, making my home page set-up exactly as it needed to be for an author. The package I'm using also opened up the option to create a password protected page. I haven't used that option and I doubt I will. I haven't needed it up to this point. It's nice to know it's available, though. Creating a landing page to add to my social media sites was also pretty easy to do.

PROS

Weebly was so easy to set up and use. The drag and drop features can't be beat. The free to pro features are clearly outlined to help you decide which one will work best for your needs.

CONS

It's clearly created with fast, reliable internet in mind. My internet is not so fast, since our ISP uses cell towers to bounce signals around. We're a rural area and with only one company providing internet service, if lots of people are online, I can't even use the site. The editor just refuses to open.

Reason for choosing Weebly

Again, the pricing:value ration seemed better for me on Weebly.

Reasons for switching to Weebly

The cost:value ration just worked better for me on Weebly. I still use Wordpress for a different blog, but it's the free version. I just don't like Wordpress's paid plans very well.

Tyler

Sporting Goods, 2-10 employees

Reviewed May 2020

Weebly Review - An Easy Solution to Creating a Website

I would describe it as nothing short of successful. We have been able to build from scratch a professional website that has been great for providing information to our customers and guests. We have had no technological problems, though I did find myself contacting customer support on a couple of occasions. They were very responsive and helpful! Overall, I would describe it as a great success using Weebly.

PROS

My favorite part about this software is that it provides for the ability for more technologically-limited users, such as myself, to easily create a professional website. The ease of use is exemplary, as my favorite feature is the "drag and drop" ability to add in sections, pictures, and widgets. Additionally, there are extra plugins that are available but for basic use, it is very easy to quickly create a user-friendly website the has been easy for our customers to learn about our business.

CONS

As a double-edged sword, it should be noted that, for more advanced users, this might seem like a more basic alternative. The ease of use is great but for people who are looking for a more high-end, advanced website might want to consider other options. For the purposes of our business and its needs, this fits excellently.

Reason for choosing Weebly

I, personally, am not technologically savvy enough to use other products. Drag and drop was a huge factor for me because I needed to both be able to build the website and have it be reviewed and edited by our staff. We all are at the same level of competence and this was a solution that fit us all!

Marketing and Advertising, 2-10 employees

Used monthly for less than 2 years

Reviewed August 2022

Great for beginners, business owners, or hobbyists

PROS

The software is very easy to use. I literally built Weebly websites when I was about 10 years old, before I knew a lick of HTML. I've since used it to build several unused sites and a couple of active ones. I have one up now that's for a liquor store my parents own, and since they didn't need anything fancy they were able to save hundreds if not thousands on making their website by simply having me do it easily on Weebly.

CONS

I would recommend sticking with Weebly as your webhosting service if you're going to build the site here because they really don't make it easy to integrate with a separate web hosting service. I also question the dynamic capabilities of Weebly's site builder without usage of manual JS code. I haven't looked much into the paid plug-ins, though, so if that's what people are using then it may be possible.

Reason for choosing Weebly

Wix, like I said didn't fit my quality standards the first time I tried it. For several uses I paid for weebly on, an online store or e-commerce site was not required, so shopify didn't make a lot of sense for them. We have also used Squarespace and felt it was of similar quality, albeit somewhat more complicated to use. We have also used Shopify if and when an online store was what we sought. For simply built static pages, I feel Weebly is the best option followed by Squarespace.

Reasons for switching to Weebly

Wix is basically Prezi... Weebly is a real website builder.

Alyssa

Entertainment, 1 employee

Used monthly for more than 2 years

Reviewed October 2020

Do It Yourself Website

Overall, I love Weebly. I have been using it to host my website for quite a few years now and it is so easy. I tweak it all the time and I've very rarely had any issues. And their customer service has always been very helpful. I highly recommend this program.

PROS

Weebly has been one of the easiest programs to use for creating and maintaining my personal actor website. I have multiple pages, photos, people can contact me directly through my site. It is all very clean and organized and there are so many options to choose from for presentation of your site. It is easy to log on and do as small or large of an update as needed, and your new edits are published in minutes. There's no middle man to have to get anything approved, you can just come and go as you please. I only use the basic free version of Weebly and it has almost all the features I need.

CONS

I feel like sometimes the program is a bit limiting when you choose a certain type of formatting. For example, on my cover page, I have the title, then a photo on the left and a box for my "welcome" on the right. I never seem to get the exact formatting or change the font/size to what I need in that box. But honestly, if this is my biggest complaint, that is fine by me. There really isn't much else to complain about. Maybe if I upgraded to the paid version, that is more of an option/there's more flexibility. I don't know for sure though.

Reason for choosing Weebly

Overall Weebly just seemed more user friendly at the time. I did a little trial of Squarespace and it was fine, but I preferred the format of Weebly. And Wix I've had so many friends use it but they always seem to have an issue with it one way or another.

Katie

Retail, 1 employee

Reviewed September 2019

Good eCommerce for small business

Weebly has made my online presence so much easier to maintain. Rather than having 3 or 4 different "locations" that I had to update with a listing or a sale, now I'm down to Etsy and Weebly. It's a huge impact in time management - I can focus on other things now.

PROS

It was and is so easy to sync with my Square account and make a really beautiful, simple website. The integration with Square's inventory means that I don't have to spend hours copying and relisting items I've already entered, and I don't have to worry about updating my website if I sell out of something at a craft show - the inventory tracking and integration with Square handles that for me.

CONS

There are some functions that could be more user-friendly or personalizable - for example, adding badges or other HTML to the site. I have several badges from various organizations that I like to keep listed as they're my credentials, but the website doesn't display them well.

Reason for choosing Weebly

BigCommerce was not very user friendly, and I'd had experience with Wix's free sites in the past - so I knew they weren't what I was looking for.

Reasons for switching to Weebly

Shopify was another platform I had to maintain, and I had to add a million "apps" to get it how I wanted it. It didn't integrate with Square, so trying to sync all of my accounts was out of the question. I had to list a new product in multiple places, which I no longer have to do. Weebly is slightly less expensive, but gives me back a lot of time.

Jaden Rose