• Pros

• "Easy to use, the app is very intuitive. The design is good and simple "

• "easy to use. very user friendly. good service on supporting on purchasing. "

• "It's super easy to navigate. Foolproof. Simple. My rep is super helpful, friendly and patient. My employees love it. It's seriously as easy as clicking a button. Anyone can use this software. "

• Cons

• "They still lack in their mobile application but they are improving with each update. They have bug fixes off and on but their customer service are swift to tackle the bugs in the software."

• "it has a loot of features, that some times it is a bit confusing so you will need someone ( in my case) to help you to understand it. "

• "Set up is a little tricky at first, however support is fairly responsive. notes They are not in the US so there is a time delay to getting a response. "

Browse Calamari Reviews

Avishkar from SADL Consulting Services

Effective timesheet and leave management - we have a very happy HR Department!

My review pretty much covers it. Resource planning in the Calendar view. Monitoring leave applications and clock in locations. My HR Managers now have confidence in the timesheet information as they can review it in real time and not just at month end.

Pros

We have decentralized operations, and our managers and HR love being able to see presence and location statuses of our employees in real time, and at a high level. The Calendar function in the leave module allows for great oversight and enables more efficient resource management and allocation. The time-sheet and leave reports available are robust and we love the download to excel feature, this perfect tabular format allows for deeper dives on trends, pivot tables etc within Excel. It really is simple to use for employees and managers. The app keeps things simple to enable clocking in/out and applying for leave. Really just very easy to navigate, after training our managers, no one has had to come back to us on how to navigate the system. There are several clock in methods which allows for flexibility, eg smartphone clock-in, QR scans, and browser check-ins. I must also commend the support team for providing excellent back-end support for our administrators! Keep up the great work and service

Cons

A few improvements could be made, such as allowing for attachment uploads from a smartphone for leave applications and for locations to be tagged when clocking in with a QR code.

Kat from Sasakawa USA

Offer great policy integration

Pros

We could build in our leave policies so that Calamari enforces the rules automatically (e.g., who is eligible to take school visitation leave, awarding some leave annually and some by days worked, different minimum durations for different leave types, etc). It offers very granular control over the setup, and is very intuitive and smooth once setup.

Cons

The downside of having such detailed control options is the steep learning curve in the implementation process. Fortunately, the customer support staff are great and really helpful with figuring everything out. I'd like Calamari to implement an "edit" feature for approved leave requests, which would be more convenient than cancelling and resubmitting.

Reasons for Choosing Calamari

Calamari had the best policy integration, and we have a whole variety of policies for a variety of leave types.

Marek from inFullMobile

Great Product!

Every holiday, working remotely, sick leaves or confrences are added there. We can count how many day off everyone have left, or how long he is in company and celebrate anniversary together. Also if you will set up notification and approval flows, it makes everyone who should know about someone absence will be notify.

Pros

There is almost everything you need in software like this

Cons

It can take a little time to be up to date with every option, but it is managable.

JIMz from .

the sign-up system is faulty, and no one cares in "support"

Cons

i signed up. received the email, followed the link and only get a green screen asking you to "wait for a while". and after a few HOURS ( you get it right, hours ), that so-called "while" is still there. refresh / quit browser do no help. same link goes to same screen with same words. i received the mail at 0100, tried it on 0300, get the same result. so i contacted them via the webform. i checked back on 0700. my mailbox got nothing - not even a acknowledgement of receiving my email, and surely nothing about why the while is still staying. and yes - same signup link still goes to the same page with the same words. i'm still hopeful, so tried again on 1900 on the same day. now the best part arrived - the same link i tried said "my license expired and my account is blocked". so, what Calamari suggesting, is that my signup license is "looking at their green screen and wait for a while" - but hey, i haven't looked at that for 14 days yet, why have my license expired SO SOON??? is Calamari a hoax for getting my email? the other "positive" reviewers sound SO TRUE, i just can't tell how can that be. i'm not suggesting fake accounts with fake reviews, but i doubt for this kind of performance and stability, how can i handle the attendance / leave management thing of my whole company to it ?

Jay from Paradise Solutions

Excellent HR Management tool

On the few occasions that we have required support or assistance they have been extremely attentive both through the live chat feature and over emails. We've received 5 star service at every turn. Our thanks go to their team for being so responsive.

Pros

We use Calamari for a range of HR activities. The most useful features that we use on a daily basis include: 1. Absence Requests: Employees are able to request paid time off / vacations / unpaid leave etc in a formal and structured manner. The approval process is easy to calibrate and set up for managers. Provides an easy process where documentation can be added to support requests (such as medical leave notes). 2. Calendar feature: When payroll exceptions need to be considered, the calendar feature is an easy way to make any adjustments that need to be made. It also enables you to plan for staggering of vacations for employees inside the same department. 3. Employees: Easy to create a database of all employees where information from starting dates, salary etc. can be recorded and quickly accessed. 4. Reports: Functional and and easy to prepare using this feature.

Cons

As far as the requirements of our business go, Calamari offers all the necessary features (and additional ones) that we need. We have no complaints regarding the software that have come up in the time we have been using it.

Saul from Barcelona Graduate School of Economics

It is great, but cost model is not so great

My overall experience is great. It accomplish what promises and has help us a lot. By the other hand, we are still working in finding solutions with a non user/cost model.

Pros

- Easy of use - Interface - Functionalities

Cons

- Price (do not like user/license model because if you are in the limit of users and you have a flexible number of employees it is a pain in the ass to pay more if you are going to have more than 50 only for several months and you want to pay for the whole year subscription). - Lack of customising (if you have very concrete situations, you do not have too much freedom to customize)

Reasons for Choosing Calamari

Calamari was faster to set up and easy to use. But now that we have more time to use it, probably we will change eventually to OrangeHRM

Kamila from Woodpecker.co

Calamari really helped

Overall, Calamari definitely did help our HR team to save tons of time spent on monitoring the leaves manually. What is more, our team members can see their history and current leave status live. We can surely see the difference using Calamari brought to our business.

Pros

Very user friendly interface encourages our team members to use Calamari regularly. The tool is also very simple to use so all in-house communication is strengtened because of that. The Success team writes back within minutes and helps with literally everything so the communication between us/ our team and Calamari is great.

Cons

There are still some HR-friendly feautres to add. For now we find that Calamari is more intuitive for team members rather than Administrators. For example, the ability to see the history of different kind of contracts and calculate the leaves accordingly, or setting reminders about medical check-ups and OHS is something we still hope to see.

Reasons for Choosing Calamari

Very fast and helpful Support (they answered all of our annoying questions and helped us so much with the set-up), interface which was the most appealing to our team, possibility to set up different panel languages for different team members, positive feedback from several team members who had experience with Calamari in their previous workplaces.

Shawn from Internet

Great Value Remote Time Management Software

I enjoyed it and will continue to use it.

Pros

Great value for the money, easy to learn, easy to manage

Cons

Could use more functionality, such as "batch editing" of employees so that I can select 10 employees at once and edit them all to the same "schedule"

Shannon from B.C. MacDonald & Co.

Industry: Wholesale

They thought of everything!

The Calamari team walked us through every step, answered ever question, and were super personable. Great customer service and the software is truly amazing and easy to use.

Pros

We are a smaller company so we don't have what you would call "Standard" requirements for time off requests. However, Calamari has thought of everything and the little details and options to edit the limits on the requests is amazing! It's also super easy to use.

Cons

We haven't run across any dislikes yet. Just a learning curve going from our old system to our new system. However, the HR Reports are super helpful!

Sam from datasapiens

Very good software

very good, highly recommend

Pros

very easy to set up and automates the process of managing annual leave / remote work / birthdays. Very convenient and simple way for employees to request leave and for managers to sign it off. Also works well the integration with slack / teams / email so easy for people to stay in the loop

Cons

I don't have any complaints about the software

Reasons for Choosing Calamari

recommendation from colleague that it works well

Jessica from Metricfire Limited

Great Service!

Pros

I like that I don't have to think about it much, love the Slack integrations for my team and how easy it was to transition from our old process into Calamari. It's simple, clear, and for a small team it has everything I need. The customer support team has always responded promptly when I need anything, and we were even able to extend our trial period in the beginning and converted to a paying customer shortly after.

Cons

So the most annoying thing, and this is a small issue, is not being able to select a range of dates on the calendar by clicking on the days themselves. Again, it's a small thing, but it's something I'm used to in other situations, and so I frequently make the mistake of forgetting it's not possible on Calamari. I suppose the other thing is that it's not always immediately clear how to make use of some of the finer features, and so I simply haven't been bothered to find out if they're even there. For example, I spent a little while searching once for whether we could only make it possible for employees to request annual leave in the future if they will have accrued it by the specified date (and not just if they have already accrued it, if that makes sense), but it wasn't obvious how to do so or even if it were possible, so I just kind of left it. These relatively minor complications are the kind of thing that someone in a rush will just leave in the moment, because they've more important things to do, but will be annoying over time.

Camille from Graphic Design

Amazing HR app, saved me from having to hire HR professionals

We were looking for an HR solution for an SME, and we selected this one. We set it up a little over two years ago, and have not really had any glitches since. Once a year, we program the vacations for the whole year, and it does the rest. Employees request leave through the app as well. I highly recommend this software for companies of similar size.

Pros

Manages employee hours, vacations, and sick days without a glitch. Also works great with iBeacon. I purchased and configured an iBeacon (https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B019G0VS64/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o06__o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1), and configured it to work with the free Calamari app on each employees mobile. The result is that the software could keep track of every employee the second they walk in, and their last exit from the office every day.

Cons

I have not really had anything that I didn't like. I had trouble deleting employees who left our company, but the support staff were very prompt, helpful, and friendly.

Response from CHROBRUS

Replied February 2019

Camille, Thank you for the feedback!

absence management and clock in/clock out were never so easy

Super easy leave management and clock in/clock out (using beacon).

Pros

It's a new way of absence & leave management. You can plan and track all types of vacation, paid time off, sickness and you can do it without old, annoying paper forms. You'r always few mouse clicks from your dreamed vacations ;) Another wery importand feature is clock in/clock out - it's super easy to use especially with bluetooth beacons support. Place a token in your office reception and install/configure calamari app on our phone. That's all! You can forget about clockin in/out ever again. It will by done automaticaly when you enter/leave your offiice. If you don't want to use beacons or when you'r work from home you can still clock in/out "manual" from mobile app. It's worth to mention that calamari has super helpfull customer service.

Cons

Beacon support for Android phone still need some fine-tunning compareing to iOS version. Except that - it's just perfect!

Brianna from Hannon Hill Corporation

User-Friendly, Affordable, and Customizable

Our current HRIS/Payroll system doesn't properly accommodate our unique PTO policies, therefore we had to find an outside solution. Calamari has been wonderful. It was very easy to setup and we've had great adoption from our employees. They use the system every single day.

Pros

I really enjoy the ease of use and how the customization. We have unique time off policies and teleworking policies. The system can accommodate all type of policies.

Cons

The sync or integration with Google was a little challenging. We had to contact the support team a few times to get it fully integrated and working properly. However, the support team was responsive and helpful.

Mariusz from Laurens Coster

Great, easy and very helpful product! Now I can not imagine how we actually

Pure market analysis

Pros

Calamari helps my company handle holidays. It allows me to easily control, monitor all absences and what is really helpful helps me to decide if I should accept holiday request, when someone in my team had requested and this request has been already accepted! That is the core functionality for me :) I really love integrations that Calamari provides me! At first: GSuite (by Google) - I do not have to worry about creating new accounts and I can see all of absences in my Google Calendar (this is my favorite) . Another huge integration is with Slack, which is main messenger in my company. I can just accept and decline requests without login in into Calamari! On the other hand I really like is Calamari support, those guys (especially Hubert) are fast as lightning, very thoughtful, proactive and they for sure will help you configure your instance. Communication with them is pleasure :) Once Calamari is configured is maintenance-free, and very very comfy!

Alannah from Unipro Ltd

Easiest Software to use

I do enjoy using Calamari. It is easy to learn how to navigate around the system and all employees know how to use it with ease. It is very self explanatory, pleasant layout and I can adjust employees holiday settings or absence requests very quickly. Support is excellent and always available for me to contact him. I like the calendar which gives a simple but quick overview of my company whereabouts. It doesn't take much admin time to set up a new employee or archive an employee.

Pros

However, Kamil is a great help, very patient when I suddenly get called into a conference meeting and is always willing to support and understand your needs.

Cons

The only down side is that it only has holiday and absence on there and nothing else. It would be brilliant if Calamari explored the market and expanded the systems functionalities such as adding a performance management section, recruitment section and incorporated all HR jobs into one system.

Michelle from Zucora Inc.

Simple, easy to use time management system!

Simple to use software to easily manage schedules, PTO, and accruals.

Pros

We love Calamari! From new users who find the interface very simple to use from administrators who can customize teams, approval flows, weekly schedules, accruing PTO, and reporting, Calamari does it all! There are always new updates which we are loving and find them super easy to implement and make our experience even better. Highly recommend this product!

Cons

The only improvement that I would suggest would be to allow the employee list to be sorted by your preference. Such as the ability to put the last name first; Smith, John.

Response from CHROBRUS

Replied September 2017

Thanks, we really appreciate your feedback. Happy user is the greatest reward!

Anjula from Fixel Digital (Pvt) Ltd.

Leave Management Made Easy

Hassle-free leave and attendance management system with always smiling customer support team.

Pros

As a startup, I was looking for a perfect solution for leaves and attendance management. By using Calamari, you can approve your employee’s leaves from your fingertips. And every detail you need is available on their dashboard.

Cons

Having issues sometimes with the attendance management as the beacon system doesn't work with us well yet. Hopefully, they will fix it in future as I have faith in them.

Silvie from Memsource

Industry: Translation and Localization

Calamari - a great tool

We are using calamari for about a year and are happy for this switch to paperless mainly for the reasons mentioned in the Pros section and also to be able to have all data in one place. In overall, a great tool!

Pros

We like that calamari syncs with Slack and the Google calendar, which gives the whole team a good overview of who´s at the conference, on vacation, working remotely etc. Also, the approval system is easy for managers as they can approve or reject requests via slack. The tool is easy to use and intuitive. I´d like to point out the super fast, friendly and excellent technical support team, namely reps who are always happy to help :-)

Cons

Sometimes downloading reports at the end of the month is slow.

Francesca from SeyVillas GbmH

Useful feature and prompt customer care support

We can precisely track the working hours and each employee can organize his/her time. We use it for holidays, home office, working hours, special holidays requests.

Pros

It covers many fuctions and it is flexible in case of special working hours conditions or special holidays requests. We use it for example for the normal holidays as well as for home office, unpaid holidays, sickness of the child of an employee, spcial days off due to a master or a course, etc.

Cons

If a contract of a employee changes during his period at our company (for example from a 40 hours contract to a 32 hours one), it is difficult to modify the terms in Calamari. It is possible though, so it is still fine.

Ulf from Mindcurv GmbH

We are happy with our decision for Calamari as our Absence Management tool

It improved absence management and leave transparency significantly

Pros

Calamari is easy to implement, administrate and use. The customer support and the flexibility of the team is outstanding. The tools is feature rich but clean in design. New features and improvements are added on a regular basis and the roadmap is made transparent. Integrations to google, slack or other tools are in built. Customizing to specific needs is possible. Calamari increased management and transparency on absence/leaves significantly.

Cons

Nothing in specific. If something was missing or did not work as intended we always found a quick solution

Response from CHROBRUS

Replied July 2017

Thanks Ulf! We love to work with Mindcurv :)

Anja from Luna\TBWA

Calamari is very easy to use, is transparent and our employees love this software.

Pros

Transparency, choice between different groups and the approval flows. Easily adding new employees to the system and editing employee data. Easy transfer of data into excel tables. Modeling the types of absences is very easy and transparent. Everyone is equally accessible. We like the quick response of the Calamari Group!! We recommend this software to all types of companies!

Cons

The price could be slightly more optimal, otherwise it is OK. We would like to have a chance to insert collective holidays, to put all employees in the calendar at the same time. However, the Calamari group always helps.

Response from CHROBRUS

Replied March 2018

Thank you Anja for a great review!

Aaron from Grace Assembly Petaling Jaya

A very user friendly system, for both young and old

Smoother HR in leave application and approval and also reduction of paperwork and head count in HR.

Pros

Calamari is an easy to use HR system, with easy and simple setup for any organisation. It convenient and easy to access as it is a web-based system. The system can cater for both local and international organisation with option to customize according to the country's holiday requirements.

Cons

Response from CHROBRUS

Replied August 2017

Hey Aaron! It has been great to work with you. Thanks to your suggestion. We are in touch! Ewelina

Marta from DBMS

Calamari is a modern and easy to use program for managing absences at work! :)

Pros

We were looking for an HR solution for me, and we already find it! No documents, no signatures, no waiting for decisions. The system makes communication much easier, especially when the office has several locations. Employees have the calendar, they see the absence of their colleagues in other offices and this is a huge plus! It's good that you can configure everything for your business - add vacation days, e.g. for birthday (yes, if you have a birthday, you have free day in our company ;)) Working time is very important to us. We always had a traditional list, but employees forgot to sign on. Now everything is in one place - mobile, laptop, you can use it everywhere you need, even if you are ouf of office, for conference or couse! Interface is very friendly and easy to use not only for me as administration, but for employees too. In addition, we have everything configured with slack And the most important for the end - customer support is the best support ever!

Cons

Sometimes it is not possible to end the work day correctly, I have to do it manually as an administrator.

Julie from Big Fish Local

Incredible level of service

We were using a spreadsheet to track employee leave before we switched to Calamari - we're a small organization, so the spreadsheet worked for a time, but this was a huge upgrade. It has everything we need and more to keep track of leave. Very easy to use, and I love the incredible level of support they offer. Can't wait to check out the time tracking upgrades they are planning to roll out.

Pros

The customer service is some of the best I've experienced. I took a video tour when I was considering the software, and the person who helped me with that was great, following up with me and going out of her way to make sure I had all the information I needed. The software is easy to use, and if you get stuck they are happy to help you out. They also do a lot of the setup for you, which is wonderful. The pricing is very reasonable, and the leave tool is more than we need for our small organization.

Cons

The time tracking software didn't have all the features I was looking for at the time I was comparing tools, so I only chose to use Calamari for the time tracking tool. I want to reevaluate next year though, because they are adding more features and it'd be great to have everything all in one place.

Lauren from The Barbados National Registry for chronic NCDs

Great program! Has helped me keep track of everyone's leave and overtime. Excellent customer service

Pros

1) Pretty easy to figure out and set up in the Clock-in module. 2) Excellent support! For things that weren't so intuitive, the Calamari team was more than willing to assist. 3) Once I figured out how to set up our vacation accrual things were great! 4) Very accommodating in adapting the program to meet my needs.

Cons

1) Tutorials and knowledgebase could have a few more examples of different scenarios that the administrator might encounter when setting up more complex leave policies. That being said, the Calamari team was more than willing to guide through anything I wasn't sure of. 2) Wish there was a way to set weekly work hours rather than have to set specific working hours daily. For e.g. I have part-time employee who doesn't necessarily have to come in at any set time each day, they just need to log a certain amount of hours each week. (Calamari team indicates they are working on it) 3) Wish the program better facilitated employees who switched from part-time to full-time without having to make an entirely new profile for that employee. (Calamari team indicates they are working on it)

Izabela from Infinity Group Sp. z o.o.

How Calamari makes our work easier

We've been using Calamari for 4 months now. It's easier to plan work and manage absences since then.

Pros

Calamari has everything you need to manage attendance efficiently. 1. Fisrt of all you can configure it according to your needs. For example I have created 13 approval flows for leave requests. Other solutions I'd tried before Calamari allowed me to create up to 4. During the whole set-up process I had an impression it was custom made. Unbelievable. 2. When you see absence calendar of all employees it is so much easier to plan work 3. You can add as many types of absences as you need 4. It is possible to integrate it with Jira - our Project Managers just love it! It makes their work much easier 5. There's a mobile app. 6. Reports - essential for payroll team, the board and HR 7. Calamari Team - fantastic and very helpful professionals 8. The price! Great value for money

Cons

I can't think of any cons at the moment.

Reasons for Choosing Calamari

Integration with Jira. Ability to configure the product according to our needs. Price.

Daniel from more7 Polska Sp. z o.o.

Great cloud software

I use calamari leave software since 2015. As IT company I was thinking of developing my own leave module to manage employee absences. But calamari came just in time and saved me money and stress of developing my own tool. Calamari has all I want and need from leave management system. It is easy to use and continously equiped with new features and enhancements. And their technical support is just great. I wish other software supliers were so fast. One remarkable example: I had an issue on 31st of December. A few hours before New Year's party. I have posted an issue to calamari team and even didn't expected to have any answer before 2nd or 3rd of January. But I got an anwer within 30 minutes!!! Just great! I really do recomend the software.

Pros

easy of use. Fast technical support if needed.

Response from CHROBRUS

Replied March 2017

Thanks Daniel! We are thrilled working with you, and other customers from Poland! Happy customers are the greatest reward!

Runney from Deutsche Telekom AG Shenzhen Representative Office

more channel for question clarification

experience is good.

Pros

easy to use. very user friendly. good service on supporting on purchasing.

Cons

Technical support. but minor things need to be improved: 1. Functionality: leave application - can't modify application submitted to the system. (feedback you are under development) - easy to continue with default leave type(eg: annual leave is the default type). expected: default leave type is NONE, it's up to user to select. 2. Technical support Any question clarification have to reply on email, if call can be set up or video conference (similar like conference before purchasement) will be more helpful.

Reasons for Choosing Calamari

English supporting if compare with other alternative products

Tatiana from Sprout Social

Calamari is user-friendly, intuitive and their support is incredible!

Calamari helped our team automate the PTO request and approval process, eliminating a lot of manual work.

Pros

A couple of features that really made a difference for us were the integrations with Google calendars and Slack. The reports available for managers and administrators have also been a big help for our team! Customer rep did an amazing job with setting up the account, and he really helped us customize items that were important to us. In addition, the Calamari team was able to build and change a few features that were essential to our team. It is clear to us that this platform is always evolving, and that Calamari is committed to delivering what customers need. We are very happy with what we have seen so far!

Cons

The only thing we would really like to see is an integration with Google Team Calendars. We rely heavily on Slack to warn teams about absences, and unfortunately, this is not something that can be done via Calamari at this time.

Response from CHROBRUS

Replied June 2017

Thanks Tatiana for this stellar review:) and as you mentioned at Calamari we are committed to delivering what customers need.

Calamari for an HR Consultant

Overall its been a pleasant experience and i know there is more room to grow such as the GPS tracker should apply to breaks and be able to click on the map rather than just a snapshot of the location.

Pros

For our company i found Calamari a simple easy to use application to help track employee attendance. The application is simple to install and link with GSuite which is an asset for us without having employees go through a sign up process. Leave requests are to the point and being able to edit/remove/add erroneous entries is a big plus.

Cons

My main issues is with the lack of flexibility regarding report exporting as the information is dumped into an excel sheet without having an option to include/exclude certain data. Furthermore, breaks should have the option to either include in the total hours worked or deducted automatically as it happens that employees forget to use the app when taking their breaks. Also its important that any administrator that does any changes to an entry should have their name indicated or logged as the modifier.

Winner for our business needs!

Our customer service rep has always been responsive, knowledgeable about the product and surprisingly and taken our suggestions into account. Modifications or enhancements to Calamari are timely and useful.

Pros

Fits our business needs, fully able to customize, pricing and customer service hard to beat

Cons

I wish it could be a full service HR tool but I'm sure that is in the works.

Calamari makes it easy to approve and submit time off, and their reports are great!

The customer service at Calamari is top notch. They are fast in responding, efficient and very eager to help. They take suggestions to their product team, and during our time working with them we had one of our suggested features be incorporated into the platform. Their reporting capabilities are also incredibly useful, and interface is very intuitive and user-friendly. I highly recommend this software.

Pros

Calamari has integration with Slack, which was a big selling point for our team. Being able to submit requests, and approve/deny straight from Slack made the process so much simpler! Also, reporting was a feature that we used heavily as a company.

Cons

We would love to have seen a team calendar integration with Google, instead of having to login to the platform. Our team relies on Google calendar very heavily for meeting scheduling purposes, and a team calendar integration would have been super helpful!

Laura from CircleBlack

Calamari for Managing Employee Leave

We were finding that the administrative time required to track employee leave was becoming burdensome. So, we set out to search for a leave management system that would help us automate some of the processes and provide reporting as well. We are very happy with our transition over to Calamari. I have reached out to the support team with questions and always get a quick, friendly, helpful answer!

Pros

Calamari makes the entire process of managing employee leave much easier from an admin perspective. We can now refer to our Calamari team calendar and know which team members will be out of the office and when. Calamari gives us a more formal method of managing leave. Where before, we would search through emails to find out when a request was submitted and who approved it, everything is now in one place. The feedback from our team has been overwhelmingly positive with many employees saying that it's so much easier for them as well!

Cons

I have not found anything that I don't like about this software.

Response from CHROBRUS

Replied March 2019

Thank you Laura, it's a really valuable review.

Matt from Tommark, Inc.

Keeping track of vacation is a real pain! Calamari has really helped us in this task.

Pros

Calamari makes it very easy to keep track of vacation. They are very responsive to questions and are always updating the software.

Cons

Setting up your initial vacation protocol for employees can be confusing but Calamari is helpful and will set it up for you if you tell them what you want it to do.

John from GSK

Industry: Pharmaceuticals

A better virtual environment for attendance management.

Pros

The application can be very useful for perfectly save everything. Calamari helps to manage staff attendance. Unique login credentials are used and access to the database is limited, therefore it helps to maintain an accurate record of the check in and check outs of the staff on each working day. It also has added features for keeping a track and record of the staff working hours. A further demarcation can be made to specify who was at which duty during which hour of the day. This can then be analyzed to make progress reports. Thus, It is an efficient tool for effective time management of the team.

Cons

It becomes useful for the marketing teams of various departments but for small-scale businesses, the pricing might be a bit too much. The customer care and guidance are very limited.

Mateusz from Information Technology and Services

Well crafted software!

Pros

In general, the experience is high level, for a long time we were looking for a solution that will feets with our needs. Calamari team is always open for new solutions.

Cons

Configuration of acceptance processes and different types of absences might be more user-friendly

Response from CHROBRUS

Replied August 2017

Hi Mateusz, thank you for sharing your experience. Your feedback is important to us. I just wanted to let you know I shared your opinion with the team to make your life easier ;) Best wishes, Ewelina

Paulina from Devskiller

Perfect for our startup

I've been using Calamari for almost 1,5 year, and I had maybe two questions to customer care to ask (and they solve them in a few minutes). Perfect for our company (<20), we mostly use it for absence tracking.

Pros

Easy to navigate, easy to use for both management and employees.

Cons

I remember I felt a little lost in the beginning, but just going through tutorials made a change and showed me how helpful Calamari is.

Response from CHROBRUS

Replied October 2018

Thank you Paulina for a great review!

Presh from Talent Inc.

Industry: Writing and Editing

Review for Calamari

Our experience has been great with Calamari and the customer support has been very efficient and helpful.

Pros

I like that employees can simply clock in and out via slack or through the site. It allows them flexibility.

Cons

What I like least is the fact that we cannot edit the timesheet report before it generates and select which categories we'd like to pull into the report. Example: Hours worked, Breaks, & Overtime only. I also do not like that we cannot tailor our overtime calculation to be over 40hrs in a workweek vs what we have not which is over 8hrs in a work day.

Rebecca from SeyVillas

Industry: Leisure, Travel & Tourism

Useful tool, but room to improve

Pros

tracking working times and breaks is very easy

Cons

sometimes the tool is limited, e.g. to track working times if an employee leaves work early due to sickness (the total is not correct then as you can't choose the correct absence time)

Olivier from Baltec IES

Industry: Oil & Energy

Great affordable app for Small and Medium business to easily manage staff leaves

We have implemented Calamari ~6 months ago and it allowed both employees and manager to track people leave a lot more easily than just using spreadsheet and accounting software which not everyone in the business has access too. We got rid of the leave forms thanks to Calamari and just that was a big win as it tracks everything and is still easy enough to manually override when required. The phone app showing your current entitlement is loved by our employees who used to never know how much leave they had available. It's also very easy to request and approve leaves thanks to it. However, more functionality on the phone would be welcome, especially for managers and admins. For the price point, we consider Calamari provides exactly what we need and has excellent customer service.

Pros

- Simple to configure - Easy interface - Mobile app for request/approval - Office 365 integration

Cons

- Layout of some areas like the calendar could be improved. - Phone app needs more functionalities. - Granular admin role required (currently either employee or full admin).

Tyler from Inca Networks

It could be a great product

This has been a very good product and it serves our needs but there are major shortcomings in the calculation of entitlement which has been frustrating and unresolved for many months

Pros

The GSuite and Slack Integration is a great addition and were part of the primary reasons for choosing this application. The interface is simple to use and the product is highly configurable to the business need.

Cons

Reporting of entitlement availability is only accurate when an employee has no future leave booked, otherwise the true amount must be manually calculated. It does not take into consideration what the future accrual will be when leave will actually be taken. Managers should also be able to see the entitlement breakdown for all of their staff at any point in time.

Justyna from Duracell Poland

Excellent tool!

Pros

All functionalities are available, useful for usage for any country ! And what is most important - it is very intuitive! I recommend 100% !

Cons

Report - Changes vs. last month could be useful for payroll purposes :)

Thomas from Chelsea Avondale

Calamari Review

Pros

It is very user friendly, has a good asthetic, and is easy to educate company employees on the functionality, benefits, and accessibility. My company also uses Slack and the direct connection into Slack is very appreciated.

Cons

The annual subscription fee is higher than ideal, but overall given our current company size and set up, it is not the end of the world.

Michel from Descartes Datamyne

Wonderful app! easy to use! very helpful!

Pros

this app solve our hr problems! its very intuitive and help us always. all the team its very helpful and resolve any doubt we could have. Integration with google or office its very good Works very well!

Cons

None, we are very happy with the product and has no complain. Keep working in that direction! Thanks

Response from CHROBRUS

Replied August 2017

Hi Michel! Thanks, we really appreciate your feedback. You just made our heart smile! ;D

Ben from WAJJ

A fabulous system for nearly all of your HR needs

Pros

Great UI, fabulous customer service, easy to use from a team setup and approval process, and it now include a lengthy list of 3rd party integrations such as O365 and JIRA etc. A must have in the workplace!

Cons

There could be some better intergration with JIRA but there are multiple systems out there and it's hard to cater for all items. A public roadmap would be amazing!

Janina from Seyvillas GmbH

It's good, but some things might be better

Pleas look at the cons

Pros

It looks good and it is an easy handling

Cons

I don't think it's so good that calamari is not automatically calculated in entitlement for overtime and vacation day, as for example in homeoffice days. And it would be nice if you could automatically set lunchtime. so for example, every day 30 minutes are automatically deducted for the lunchtime.

Miroslav from SeyVillas GmbH

Good but still something to work on

Calendar of the company - People that are online - counting hours

Pros

Easy to use - accessible on multiple devices

Cons

It's possible to install it on older Android, but it crashes without the possibility to know why On Mobile devices, it's no possible to see timeline and edit the past days and I have to go to desktop webapp - why? I need to add a break which I forgot and I can't

Vitaya from VINARCO INTERNATIONAL

make it easy for your user or employees

helping user and control user, leave management report man hours

Pros

User interface design is a friendly. Easy create user by import from G-Suite account. Can be use on any devices and anywhere.

Cons

we need more flexible generate reports and more detail on the report. the price a bit height for us. Need some variety such as reward for who 0 leave or reward system creative.

Ulan from Networks Unlimited

Jack of all trades for HR in the SMB market

For a small company that I run on the side, this is really a breeze to use if you compare it to the Heavier pricey Competitors. I have had an easy experience and the learning curve was also easy on this. I have no studies in HR and had to help my HR person through the process.

Pros

I can start of buy saying it is well priced! You can plan and track all types of vacation, sick leave, paid time off, in and out of the office board, and you can do it all digitally. Most of the Employees work remotely and or from home, with that being said; working out paid hours is easy and quick. Resource management/planning is an easy when using it in the Calendar view. It is the Jack of all trades HR program, but master of none.

Cons

There are Hidden functions and Features to this program that is Hidden away. I f I do not explore or come across it by accident I wouldn’t have known. They could maybe put some extra tool tips or guide into Calamari that recommends, shows, suggest functions to show us it is available to use. I don’t know about the features, I do not know about.