• Pros

• "very easy to use and has an app so all the staff love it"

• "Easy of use and the app. It's great and simple to use. "

• "Awesome bit of software - simple, easy and fun to use. i loved it that much i offered to buy it from the company - they declined "

• Cons

• "App is very good but doesn't have the full features of the web version"

• "Slightly difficult to get quick answers to questions as im based in the UK and the help team are in the US. But it was never a huge issue. "

• "There really isn't anything negative about the software but I would have liked phone support, rather than online support when I was setting it up."

Browse Timetastic Reviews

Sarah from N15 Architects

Industry: Architecture & Planning

Vacation and Leave-Planning Made Simple

I would love to comment about Timetastic's customer service, but I have never had to use it. The program has very few glitches, provides vacation and leave information flawlessly, and meets my organizations leave management needs beyond what I hoped. I highly recommend this program.

Pros

My company used to have four different managers who received time off requests, but the managers did not always communicate the leave schedule with the rest of the organization. Chaos ensued. With Timetastic, those same four managers still receive their time off requests, but once approved, the leave is scheduled and there for the whole organization to see. I especially appreciate the feature allowing each employee to have a designated approval person within the organization, rather than defaulting to Timetastic admin. My employees also love having consistent, easy access to their vacation time information. Employees are able to see, understand, and access their vacation time, making it easier for them to use.

Cons

The settings feature is a bit confusing, but Timetastic continually heard and responded to improvement requests, making items like local holidays perfectly customizable. My one consistent criticism is that it sometimes takes a day for leave requests to sync with Google calendar, but that is a minor drawback considering the benefits of the program.

Andy from Quarch Technology

Great for a small company

- Shared holiday calendar means all managers can see who is in/out at a glance (integrates very nicely in google apps) - Our entire leave policy pretty much just references 'use timetastic' - The cost is very much worth the benefits

Pros

Timetastic was a big step up from our previous spreadsheet leave system. As the team expanded, it made it easy for us to have a 'proper' approval system for leave, avoid clashes between critical staff and scrap the rubbish paper calendar on the wall that no one ever bothered to look at! Our leave booking is now simple, and there is no excuse for forgetting to mark your holiday. The calendar sharing means I can see at a glance who is out of the office. We also use Timetastic for signess leave and tracking who is out the office for sales trips and meetings (an extra bonus)

Cons

Some useful features are not there yet - If some staff get extra holidays each year, this cannot be done automatically - Holiday roll-over options are basic and may need manual tweaking at year end - Moving your holiday year end is a nightmare as you effectively have to 'start again', entering all holidays by hand (though to be fair this is not something you do frequently)

Kate from Ove Arup & Partners Int. Ltd.

Industry: Civil Engineering

Timetastic Coments / Review

Its great to have so we know the whereabouts of the team as not everyone keeps an Outlook Calendar. Also people don't always have to ask me!! The guys are very efficient / on the ball at answering my questions.

Pros

Its great to have a picture of all team members and where they are - be it on leave, on site etc. Easyish to use when people get the hang. Some people have trouble getting on in the first place (I think may be user error). Good for resourcing (when used properly).

Cons

If we could have a bit more flexibility with leave etc. that has been input if we need to cancel just one day out of 7 for example. You need to cancel the whole request and resubmit. More colours for categories would be good too.

Jaymie from Uproots

Simple and effective

The few times I've had occasion to contact them, the support team have always been quick to respond and very friendly. We've been using it for years and it's not hard to see why.

Pros

Timetastic is fast to use and easy to configure as an administrator. I'm responsible for a couple of teams and everyone loves how simple it is. I also like that you can subscribe to its calendars, so I'm always up-to-date on my teams' movements.

Cons

I'd like just a little more configurability around the types of "leave". For some workers we want to declare the days they're going to be in the office, so "leave" doesn't really apply there. I like that you can control whether a leave type is deductible from the overall total, but being to change how each "leave" type is described on-screen would be the finishing touch for me.

Timetastic: It's Fantastic

In the end I'm very satisfied with Timetastic. It allowed me to let my employer know when I wanted to work and when I didn't, all without having to leave my desk. As a freelancer, it was a very beneficial addition to my library.

Pros

Timetastic is a software that lets you keep track of employee hours that they have worked or have yet to work. It contains a calendar with said hours, and offers notifications to let you know when someone is supposed to be on schedule (it also lets you plug in desired vacation times, which isn't something I've seen in other time-tracking apps). On the off chance that the boss isn't available for a period of time, someone else can be put in charge of the team (on the app) so that they can approve the hours as you plug them in. This allows everyone to keep working their desired hours, even when the higher-ups are out of town. Finally, despite its origin in Manchester, Timetastic can be used in the US, which is always a plus.

Cons

It did seem to run a bit slow on my phone, but I'm also using an iPhone 5s, which is somewhat outdated.

Ken from Rogue Fitness

Industry: Sporting Goods

Simple and Easy to Use

I have loved using Timetastic. It works exactly as it was pitched to us. Knowing your coworkers PTO schedule was overlooked before we started using Timetastic, but now I cannot imagine life without it.

Pros

Timetastic is one of the cleanest and simplest tools I have ever used. It serves one purpose and it does it incredibly well. It provides a detailed look at the time off for everyone across our company. If I need to book a meeting, I always check my team's calendar first.

Cons

There really isn't much to dislike. Timetastic is so simple and does its job so well. Some people might say that it is too simplistic from a UX perspective.

Charlotte from Guru

Best Program for keeping track of staff holidays

Pros

How easy it is to add new staff information and to add anyone’s holidays. Also love that all staff can see everyone else’s holiday so narrowed down the number of staff asking when and if they could have holiday as they already knew if someone was off or not.

Cons

The calendar for seeing all staffs holiday is a little confusing to the eye but fine once you get used to it

Tyler from The Guelph Grotto Climbing Gym

Easiest way to schedule time off

Pros

I work part time at a climbing gym (while doing design work on the side) and we implemented this software a while ago, as we have a younger staff that is often in school as well as working. Now that it's summer, we're also having a lot of people go off on vacation etc. In past jobs requesting/booking/organizing time off was always a mess of forms, conversations, etc, but Timetastic simplifies everything and brings it all under one roof. It looks great, is easy to use, and gives us a clear line of sight on who will be gone when, and what roles we need to fill in the gym. e

Cons

There's not much I don't like. Sort of a negative, I guess, is that it could stand to have more features. Like, for example, an ability to notify people by email automatically when approaching end of year and an employee has a bunch of vacation hours that they need to use.

Stephen from PlotBox

Very useful tool for managing the teams time off

We have been using Timetastic successfully for several years now and it continues to be a great tool for managing the teams time off.

Pros

Timetastic has a very simple and intuitive interface that makes doing the basic tasks of team time/holiday management easy. The request process works well and the overall calendar view gives a good overview of who is off and when. The feature that lists clashes is also useful

Cons

Would be nice to have the ability to configure rollover holidays from the previous period.

Denis from Massive Interactive

Simple calendar for managing employees

Using it for leave reports in the company

Pros

I like the most that the design is simple and clean, my information is displayed with big letters and clear, nothing is extra just spot on

Cons

I dont like that the colors for different categories of leaves are overlapping sometimes and it gets confusing

Alistair from Fleetclean Limited

Industry: Machinery

A perfect tool for SMB's to manage their absence calendars

By using Timetastic, we have reduced the chore of recording absences in multiple places from a six stage process down to two. At the same time we have been able to provide staff with access to the system via the app which allows them to see an overall picture of holiday requirements within the company on a 24/7 basis so they can make decisions about whether or not they will be able to book time off in a particular period..

Pros

Timetastic gives you an extremely quick and simple way to manage all kinds of staff absences from holidays to sickness days and is flexible enough to be able to cover most scenarios within a business. In a world where some software is priced at a level where small businesses cannot even contemplate using it, Timetastic provides an excellent solution at an excellent per user price, and all without trying to lock you in to a restrictive contract term. Everything about the program is well designed and user friendly - staff love the ability to be able to request holidays at any time 24/7 using the app.

Cons

There is not a lot to dislike about Timetastic, it does what it says on the tin. I could do with a couple of small features adding but they are just particular quirks to the way we work and may not be needed by everyone.

Margaret from Computer Software

We like timetastic

As a Company we really like timetastic. It has benefited us as a business by streamlining the holiday request process and giving the Managers a departmental overview when holiday requests are made. Prior to timetastic we used paper holiday forms and the process was arduous. timetastic is very cost effective too which is a benefit to us.

Pros

As a small company we were looking for a cheap and easy to use system for our absent management - timetastic fitted that criteria. The staff like it and it's easy for everyone to use. its great that it works out the allowance when you set someone up.

Cons

There are two flaws from my perspective: 1. The system does not allow you to put people on a flexible working pattern in the same group as people on a non flexible working pattern. People on a flexible working pattern's holiday allowance needs to be calculated including bank holidays which timetastic can cope with but not in a group where other people have a standard working pattern / holiday allowance. 2. If you book a block of holiday and need to remove one day for whatever reason, you have to remove the whole block and then update as individual days.

Gavin from Impact Computing

Timetastic - Simple to use annual leave planned and a refreshing changes to SaaS web applications

Buying Timetastic was a win/win for us. It does the job of annual leave booking fantastically well, and all our staff love it because it is instant and they can see/book leave on their phones. It has never been down and it is always lightning quick. At the price this is, it's an absolute no brainer.

Pros

- It works consistently, quickly and intuitive and easy to use - The wall chart makes it really easy to see where people are in/out of the office - Automatically detect clashes and show them when leave is being requested / approved - Using the mobile apps, leave requests can be approved on the go so even when staff are outside of the office they can have approvals for time off done quickly - Break down your staff into individual teams and have a set manager to approve - Add custom leave types - Tie into your calendar on phone

Cons

I haven't found any - the software does everything that it says it does, and it does it well. I would love for this company to expand more into scheduling type applications for scheduling on-site visits for us to clients etc. I'd buy it in a heartbeat.

Chris from ATG-IT

Easy Time

Since implementing Timetastic we have removed the possibility of holiday forms not being completed or being lost. It has removed the use of paper so no time consuming filing away after. The staff can check to see if they can book time off and dont have to wait for time approval anymore, so makes booking a holiday quicker and easier. You can set the maximum number of staff off per team so this avoids people trying to book same time off.

Pros

It has simplified the booking time off process for our staff, we use for annual leave, medical appointments, sickness records, training/exams. It is so easy to book time off either via the app on mobile or the website, staff can see what time they have left. For Managers you can see how many days your staff have left, days off sick and an overview of the company so you can see who is in and out. The mobile app makes boking time off so easy and can be used even when not at work. It makes the approval process easy for management and avoids double booking.

Cons

Even though there is a RSS feed into Outlook, the users used to receive an email with a calendar invite attached so wen they accepted this the entry appeared in their own Outlook calendar this in turn would sync back into our PSA (ConnectWise). Would love this feature back or integration into ConnectWise.

Kim from The Chartered Association of Business Schools

Affordable solution

Overall, we are very happy with Timetastic. It is basic and that is reflected in the price. We have already encountered some limitations with the software but for the most part it does what we need. It is useful for line managers to be able to see where there may be conflicts with multiple staff members on leave - we didn't have this before and have found it very useful in ensuring we have adequate cover which is particularly important in a small charity.

Pros

The software is very easy to use which means we don't have to spend time training staff and the fact that it can be accessed via the internet is useful for those staff members who want to book leave or check days remaining when they are not in the office. We are a Not For Profit organisation so are also very happy with the cost.

Cons

We found the main limitation in the software for us is if an individual's leave entitlement changes during the course of the current year. We had a staff member who reduced their number of hours which impacted their leave entitlement but Timetastic couldn't accommodate the changes to pro-rate leave based on the new entitlement so we had to come up with a manual workaround. Similarly, if we have someone on contract with a known end of contract date, it would be useful to have the option of entering a leave date so the holiday calculations could be made automatically, instead we have to work it out manually.

Ursula from City Sightseeing

Industry: Leisure, Travel & Tourism

Úrsula Moreno | City Sightseeing

So far so good :) We have been using it for quite a while already and we are happy with it. If the two things mentioned before could be in some way sorted, that'd be brilliant! Good luck guys!

Pros

It is quite intuitive, very easy to handle and to explain to new users. Also modern looking with a clean and nice appearance. And last but not least, very functional, on a DIY basis saving time and request form papers/emails.

Cons

The only thing I miss is being able to switch accounts without having to log out. Also, based on our organization structure, there are colleagues that have to share their absences in different accounts, because they report to two companies from the group and we had to create new email accounts so that they can introduce all their details on both timetastics, that they find it quite tedious.

Chris from Biltmore Printers

Industry: Printing

Helping People Manage Leave Time

Overall Timetastic works well without any problems, very reliable, all the people in our organisation love being able to see who's off, and when they can book time off in the comfort of the armchair at home, without having to wait until they are back at the office to quiz the wall calendar or the manager. Time off becomes a discussion at home, leaving the office free to do work.

Pros

Staff and managers can submit and confirm time for leave at a glance, helped by Timetastic flagging a warning that too many people may be on leave at the same time, which could result in a staffing problem. The software also sends notifications to all parties to confirm the action that has been taken and agreed, whether it be to confirm the leave or to explain why leave was not granted.

Cons

No cons that I can think to mention, some may think that this can be done through Google or iCal, but neither of these calendars are independent, so they don't send the messages which keep your paperwork / paper trail complete making sure that you as a manager / business owner have the correct information to hand if there should be a dispute. Timetastic can be integrated with Google and iCal for viewing purposes.

Timetastic @Indulge

We really enjoy using Timetastic because it is a cost effective way to simply manage staff leave. The auto roll overs and approval process make the product great value for money.

Pros

All of our staff use the system and it's features on a daily basis. We use the platform in our weekly priorities meeting to explain who has leave this week and any upcoming leave. Half of the team is based in Guernsey so we have utilised the custom holiday feature because in Guernsey we have a Liberation Day on May 9th, which is different to the UK.

Cons

In an ideal world our team leave app would also tie into our scheduling app, which is Harvest Forecast. So there is extra duplication of time to set up holiday in Harvest once it has been approved in Timetastic.

Cindy from Webdevelopers911

Timetastic Review

Timetastic is a real time saver, and it works for the whole office. The work sheet is fantastic, since it is divided into days and hours and even the pay deductions from leave times are based on that sheet. The work sheet is visible to everyone in the office, so there is no more confusion as to who is supposed to be on duty or who in-fact is on leave for the day, or absent on vacation.

Pros

What I like most about this nifty little Timetastic app is the fact that it is able to group staff members together, separate from the bosses' group, which is also grouped together. It really helps not having that blend-over. The app updates all changes made to it instantly, and it can be downloaded to mobile or to your desktop at work. This app in my opinion, is the fastest, smoothest way to book days off or to get approval for leave days.

Cons

What I like least about Timetastic is that while it is promoted as being a free app that you can use, the trial version does expire after two months and by then you feel like you have to pay for it. You feel that way because of the extent of time you've already invested into the app, and after having it on your phone for two months you have already logged everyone in the company's names, calendars, as well as everybody's leave day information and even private notifications that had been sent through the Timetastic app, and you don't want to loose any of that data, so you end up having to pay for the app.

Abram from TOMS EMEA BV

Easy to use no-nonsense approach to employee leave

Overall experience is great. Software does what it says on the box and does so in a way that the more feature-rich competition can be jealous of. Just be aware that slightly bigger companies might run into some limitations.

Pros

Our company started a trial with Timetastic a couple of years ago, and haven’t looked back. While the feature set can be limiting for some, the features that are there work great and are easy to understand for our employees.

Cons

Timetastic is a great solution for people working regular hours. It can become a bit complicated if you have people with alternating or changing work schedules. Due to the size of the development team and their goals, I’m not expecting this to change anytime soon, so workarounds will be required.

Sandra from Hearst UK

Industry: Publishing

Fantastic Timetastic!

As a PA, this system really helps me. I am the go-to person for everyone so when I'm asked where any member of staff is, I can see at a glance where they are and what time they are expected back. It's a great asset.

Pros

It's Flexible - can create your own categories relevant to your business which works really well in publishing. You can tell who is in and out of the building at what times which really helps with fire drills. Providing all staff use the system and log their out of office meetings/holidays/sickness/lieu days/doctor appointments etc, it works really well.

Cons

I can't think of any negatives! To be honst, I can't think of anything that can be improved. It works so well for my office and we love the system.

Katherine from Old Courts Veterinary Centre

Ease of use

I think Timetastic is a brilliant tool to use for managing holidays and absence. It’s made my life much easier.

Pros

I really like how easy it is to set up a new member of staff and to get a birds eye view of what is going on for both absences and holiday time. It’s a very straight forward system for staff to manage themselves and I like that their holiday requests come straight through to me - I can approve on the go when it comes to my inbox. No more issues with me losing holiday forms submitted by paper!

Cons

I do consider these cons, I just think Timetastic could improve with the following: It can be difficult or awkward to work out a pro-rata members of staff’s holiday so having the option to use a holiday calculator would really help. Being able to speak to someone over the phone rather than by email would also be really beneficial.

Kate from Loco2.com

Effortless

Pros

Timetastic has a simple, easy to use interface. This enabled us to delete some boring and complicated spreadsheets that were hard to maintain. Horray! New starters require no induction, and admins can quickly get on with this often tedious process. I rate the Slack integration since many of our team are remote - it enables us to effortlessly manage and track who's on leave. I think Timetastic is great value and have recommended to other small business owners I know.

Cons

It's a pity you can't edit leave once it's approved, so admins get multiple emails from users - 'so and so cancelled their holiday', 'so and so requested a new holiday'. This could be merged into one notification, or you could permit admins to edit leave directly rather than deleting/adding. - It's not clear that users can book leave that spans non-working days without deducting from their allowance, so some people send multiple requests - booking Friday and Monday separately. This could also be solved by an email digest.

Susan from Specsavers Opticians

Easy way to manage staff holidays and days off.

No more holiday requests on bits of paper and staff know where their days off fall without having to ask all the time - we run a 'rolling day off' system (day off Monday week one, Tuesday week 2 etc). I can drop in days off 6 months to a year in advance.

Pros

Quick and easy to set up and start using. Robust and stable. Even the least tech savvy employees can get to grips with it. Like that employee gets an email if I make any changes to their work days. We always discuss with them before any changes but the email makes sure they don't forget.

Cons

Would rather employees couldn't cancel leave once it had been authorised, however once staff had been instructed that they weren't allowed to do this they stopped.

Avery from Ampersand Commerce

Easy to use and covers our basic needs!

Pros

As HR & Talent Manager for the company, it can be quiet overwhelming trying to figure what is the best platform for all stakeholders involved. Luckily, Timetastic has been our trusty sidekick when it comes to the holidays and leave. It's easy to use, a good user experience, and doesn't break the bank. Overall, I've been very happy with the service!

Cons

One of our perks is an extra holiday day for every year employed with the business. It can get a bit confusing to implement this automatically with Timetastic. It's almost easier just to enter everyone's extra day manually. Not a huge effort, but that's one thing that has been somewhat challenging.

Richard from Smart Merchants Ltd

Industry: Wholesale

Timetastic has taken the burden of absence management away.

Pros

The fact that all users can see who clashes with their request for time off. Most Holiday planning happens in the family home and users can see, via the Timetastic App, potential clashes without waiting to go to work to look on a conventional Holiday planner. The manager has to simply approve or disapprove as appropriate. Job done. Also good value for money.

Cons

It integrates quite well with Outlook as an additional calendar however it would be useful if it integrated in to our CRM as it would save having too run two separate diaries. Could also do with two managers being emailed about all holiday requests rather than just one admin.

Helena from MISSPAP

Exactly what your business needs

Timetastic has taken the pain of paperwork, managing calendars and manual holiday tracking away. This little system does it all for you. It also gives the employee ability to manage their own calendar and gives them visibility to the time they have available and if anyone else is off the same day/week in their department. It's super easy to set up and manage.

Pros

This system is super easy to use, easy to manage and makes holidays and requesting time off quick and simple. What more do you want? It manages the whole thing! Your team request the days they need online whenever they want. Their manager can approve the time or decline it and give a reason for this. This is the most efficient system we have used, it takes the pain out of holiday requests face to face... We all know how annoying that is!

Cons

We have tried to think of something to write here but can't.

Mukul from Axelerant

Industry: Information Services

Long way to go

Not good, we are looking for something better due to the above mentioned reasons.

Pros

Timetastic UI is not that bad, gives good options like: - to have separate departments, - separate department heads, - option to set approver as a department head or anyone else, - option to have different types of leaves with separate limits

Cons

You did not give any easy option to integrate with JIRA, we invested a lot in integrating Timetastic with JIRA via your APIs but it's not working and now we have to soon find any better solution since integration with JIRA is crucial for us at this point of time. Also, there is not an option to download monthly/yearly leave sheet, the total backup option which you give is not the solution of monthly/yearly download. Third thing, there is not an option to edit leaves, which is must sometimes.

Kriss from Content Discovered

A simple yet robust solution for staff management

Timetastic has made the management of my team a breeze. The developers have clearly focused on good UX principles and making the day to day usage easy - all while allowing for more powerful features underneath. While I believe Timetastic could provide some more integrations out of the box, the fact that they provide an API more than makes up for this fact. We experimented with using the Bradford Factor in our company, a method for determining the risk associated with an employee's pattern of absence, and I was happy to discover the API during this process. I easily pulled in the data for each employee, the absence types, and then used this to calculate a score for each employee. In the future we plan to integrate Timetastic into our project management system so we can avoid booking developers in for tasks when they're not going to be in the office.

Pros

Ease of use, clean and friendly interface, powerful underlying features.

Cons

Could use a few more integrations with popular software

Imogen from Joseph Joseph

Excellent tool with excellent support!

Pros

So easy to use, I am the administrator and it is so simple and not time consuming to manage users, departments and individual queries from users. It is also wonderful to sign people up to a service and know that you literally don't have to give any guidance because the service is so intuitive. I have also emailed them several times over the past three years with requests for features - many of which they have done!

Cons

Nothing - probably that I wish they did a similar version where you could use internally only to monitor sickness/absence - we are still using spreadsheets and having Timetastic manage it would be ideal!

Harvey from BAFTA

Industry: Computer Games

Great software allowing easy tracking of our team

We use Timetastic across 4 geographies, each with their own seasonal holidays - making it very easy to configure how each of the teams need to use the software, and providing us all with a central destination for what everyone is doing.

Pros

+ Easy to set up accounts and configure + Very straightforward to define our own leave types, categories + Quick to use, seek approvals and process + Supports native holidays around the world + Slack integration sending data on who is in / out of the office each day

Cons

We separated one of our divisions into it's own company - we had to export and re-import the data, it would have been really convenient to merge them in dynamically.

Irene from LLamasoft EU LTD

Fantastic super simple product!

Its a great system!!!

Pros

I am glad our company has joined Timetastic for absence management. The system is very simple to use for employees and easy to navigate around! the user experience is spot on! very clear and not cluttered. The service response time has been great. I would definitely recommend for small to medium sized companies. I also love the idea that we are supporting a UK company.

Cons

The reporting ability. I think if there could be more fields on the reports generated it would be useful. Also if the system could implement functionality to manage leave in line with local European countries. The public holiday recognition for each country is great, but for example France manage their leave on a different calendar year to the UK January - December.

Timetastic Review

As I outlined above, it works brilliantly for the size of team we have. It give us a simple way to request annual leave, sick days and working from home days. It has cut down the level of administration required for such a process. Previously we were using email/instant messenger requests and Google calendar for tracking. This was a messy approach and quite time consuming - TT has solved this problem for us.

Pros

I have been using timetastic for approx. 3 years and it is very easy to use. It is quick to set up and gives you enough flexibility for different teams and approvers.

Cons

I have never had any trouble with Timetastic - it works brilliantly for the size of team we have.

Nedjalko from Mobile Wave Solutions

Great system for company holiday planning

We've been using Timetastic for more than 4 years and we love how simple it is to book a holiday request both from desktop or mobile. Google apps (SSO) and Slack integrations are great way to keep everyone on the same page. The value and functionality we get for the money is unmatched anywhere else!

Pros

- Simple interface and takes less than 30 sec. to book a holiday. Takes even less to approve it. - Integration with Slack - User management integration with Google Apps (SSO) - Its really simple to use and saves time - Price is unmatched anywhere else

Cons

- Timetastic can add more integrations and extend the features of the department functionality

Seamus from Servasport

Simple and easy to use and excellent value for money

I do love Timetastic and its been a fantastic piece of software to use. I have recommended this to my friends within the industry.

Pros

My company never had any software in place before coming across Timetasic and it has been a sensation. It is so easy and simple to use to allocate the number of annual leave days to each staff member and split them up into teams and mark my team as favourites. I also love the ability to automatically post from TimeTastic to my general slack channel so the team will know that day who will be taking leave or at an external meeting each morning. This is cuts down on the questions relating to availability and potentially scheduling meetings with staff on leave.

Cons

If I view my approved leave notification within the web app the mobile app does not remove the notification. As I am a bit of an OCD freak with notification I have to open the mobile app and view the notification to remove it from my phone.

Vilma from TRILUX Lighting Limited

Industry: Business Supplies and Equipment

Timetastic Review

Pros

I am very happy with Timetastic as it has saved me so much time with holiday management. It's very easy to use and it's great that staff can book holidays from their mobile phones using the Timetastic app. The managers can sign off holidays quickly and easily now and they can review their teams holiday without looking at all the staff using the drop down box in the department section. It is easy to add staff and remove staff and I like the fact that I can add the various holiday types and change groups and reporting lines as changes occur in the company.

Amy from Kuato Studios

Industry: Computer Games

Good software for us as a small company

good to be able to keep track of everyone's leave and what type of leave they have.

Pros

Easy to use, cheap - a good start to leave tracking

Cons

- I really want to be able to have dual approvers for annual leave - Would be great if you could cancel just a portion of leave. eg if someone cancels a day off a week of their leave, would be good to be able to cancel just one day of that, rather than cancelling the whole thing and then re-adding it. - would be good to be able to change the type of leave once it's already booked in (eg. if you add it accidentally as holiday but it should be sick leave)

candy from Internet

Industry: Online Media

Ive loved using TT

Easy to install. My whole team got used to the functions within a day. Easy to use and self explanatory. It helped me locate members of staff easily. Its quick and easy to book time off which was a real bug bear with our old system. Im actually really upset that senior management have decided to use a different system now (its a system that links in with our HR and internal comms) because i actually find the new system very intimidating.

Pros

Its easy to navigate. Transparency of all team members. Modern and fresh.

Cons

An easy to use and lightweight tool for our HR toolbox

I use it pretty much daily and have recommended it to other small business owners who were looking for a better way to keep on top of staff holidays and sickness.

Pros

It's really simple to use both from a management point of view, and for individuals arranging holidays and logging sickness etc. Most importantly, it feels really lightweight and fast for everything and there isn't any unnecessary bloat getting in the way of just getting the job done.

Cons

If I was picky, the reporting could be slightly more extensive but I'm really clutching at straws to fill out this required input box.

Stuart from Subism Ltd

Industry: Graphic Design

A perfect little but powerful tool

All the people in our company love using Timetastic it help us keep track of the what why and when. Think the name really helps too :)

Pros

Timetastic fixes a simple problem that can be hard to fix and when it comes to peoples holidays you can't get it wrong! The software is easy to use and understand for owner managers and staff. The pricing point is great and it is refreshing not to be ripped of, it scales perfectly on number of staff meaning small businesses can use it too without breaking the bank.

Cons

The bank holiday allowance on part time staff working out the days they have on .govs website then working out how that falls on the holiday year. Not really a Timetastic issue, although plunging in to work out holiday allowances would be a need add on. That said I to like the simplicity of it as it is. Another feature that might be cool is a place to record sick days and adds it up for you too. (this would be coo

Diana from Imagine Cruising (Pty) Ltd

Industry: Leisure, Travel & Tourism

good overall

Pros

This product is easy to track annual leave, sickness and lateness.

Cons

Not enough colours in the beginning, started improving recently. Heading should remain at the top if scrolling down as unable to tell which day of the week you looking at, land up scrolling back to top to see and this can take some time if you have over 100 names to scroll up with. Weekend dates should be bolded numbers especially if you working 7 day weeks so Saturday and Sunday does not highlight in grey if you don't work on those days, hence why you have to continuously scroll up.

Jo from London Community Credit Union

Keeping track of staff leave

Very happy and is nice and easy to administer

Pros

Once set up it is very easy to use for the administrator and staff. Able to set a range of leave types colour coded which is great for me Holds a lot of relevant data, start date, birthday etc. Leave can be set for hourly or daily bookings, we converted to hourly due to a high number of part time staff.

Cons

I have not been able to reset the leave year we are moving from Jan - Dec to match our financial year so 1st Oct to 30th September it means I need to take everything off and reload all the data.

Phil from K7 Media

Industry: Research

Genius app

As before, we replaced a terrible and inefficient manual process with something everyone could understand in an instant. On the rare occasion we've needed to reach out for help, we've found the team to be friendly and responsive.

Pros

The absolute simplicity. Within minutes of deploying it, our staff leave management went from being 'a nightmare' using disconnected spreadsheets with zero visibility on who's in and who's not, at any given moment, to being perfectly managed with complete transparency. To coin a phrase, 'It just works'.

Cons

I honestly could not think of one thing.

Sophie from Music Gateway Ltd

Industry: Music

Timefantastic

It was a company process prior to me coming into the company but it's been really easy to use and if I want to do some changes more often than not the user face is intuitive enough that I can figure it out even without going to the help section. The integration into other tools is cool too. Our Slack now notifies the company of people on holiday through timetastic integration to remind them X won't be in the morning or Y is on holiday, which saves confusion or having to communicate ourselves. It makes it really easy for us to communicate with staff about holiday and any other anomaly days we organise.

Pros

Generally it just keeps the organisation of something that's important to staff but not necessarily always on the top of our priority list as management really simple so we can keep on top of it and stay organised whilst they stay satisfied.

Cons

There's not anything I dislike about it, it does exactly what it says on the tin and we don't need it for anything massively complicated, we are not a huge company.

Delightfully Simple

Pros

I am a huge fan of products that focus their features, but do those things very well. Timetastic is excellent at keeping track of our team's holiday time and showing the team who will be out on any given day. I appreciate how it lets me sort people by teams and set up custom national holidays for people who work in different countries. It also helps us award more time based on tenure with its easy start day tracking. We really recommend it!

Cons

I don't have many cons. I wish I would have found it sooner!

Should you or should you not use Timetastic?

In the three years I have been using this software I have found it to be the most reliable friend I have in the office! It keeps track of everyone's holiday, allows colleagues to use the app on their phones as well as their lap tops, lets me run reports when I want to and doesn't ask me to do anything in return. Fabulous!

Pros

The simplicity of use. New colleagues have found it simple to use with very little explanation and as an administrator I have found it simple to keep track of holiday entitlement as well as run off reports when needed.

Cons

I really have no problems with this software.

Edward from Target Fixings

Timetastic Review

Overall a good piece of software, reliable and easy to use. Clear pricing helps when adding and removing staff.

Pros

Timetastic is easy to use, and the pricing is clear and transparent.

Cons

Some features of larger holiday software is missing, and it can be confusing when calculating holiday with regards to bank holidays (e.g. if an employee is entitled to 28 days p/a, the system assumes you need to enter 20 days and it'll auto-assign the other 8 to bank holidays). This makes it difficult to calculate actual taken days holiday as if an employee starts during the leave year then you need to manually count all of the bank holidays that they have/haven't worked as these aren't shown in Timetastic's calculations.

Chris from Glowing Eye Games Limited

Allows us to focus on doing business not doing HR

Using Timetastic has automated an annoying part of our business. Our employees and managers can see exactly how much holiday allowance is available/has been used and sick days have become much less irritating.

Pros

We can see at a glance who will be available. Holiday requests no longer interrupt my workflow. Reports on employee sick/holiday usage. Pricing is excellent. Booking sick leave on an hourly basis is also an excellent feature.

Cons

Would love a daily summary email Would love Microsoft Teams integration, similar to Slack.

Marvin from 9elements GmbH

Simple!

It helped us a lot to make booking Holidays/Sick-Days/Other much much easier. Teams can manage them self. Also, there is no need for any paper anymore.

Pros

That it is simple as hell, and give me great overview over the company situation.

Cons

- Not possible to create "half-day"-Public-Holidays (Christmas, Silvester) - Better possibility to handle students, who only work 2days a week. - When you enter a public-holiday, after someone already booked days-off, they have to delete it and reinsert it again, to don't loose a day off

Samantha from Nudge Now (PTY) LTD

Industry: Market Research

Reasonable Pricing & Fit For Purpose

As a small company, we need a means to manage staff leave but do not want to develop our own system nor purchase expensive software - Timetastic fills this need perfectly

Pros

Timetastic is the perfect solution for us - it is customisable to the level we require, caters for our market (South Africa) and is priced right for an organisation of our size.

Cons

It would be great to have all the "admin" functionality on the mobile app - currently as an administrator there are some functions I can only perform via desktop