All WooCommerce Reviews

Cameron

Marketing and Advertising, 2 - 10 employees

Used less than 6 months

Reviewed May 2021

Low cost solution for e-commerce on Wordpress

Greice

Retail, 2-10 employees

Reviewed April 2021

Light, stable and affordable

My experience with wordpress could not be better, it is light and can be easily run on cheaper hosting.

PROS

The best quality of wordpress in front of its opponents is really the huge community that makes us find plugins for practically everything we want to do, and even when we don't find it we can find someone who is willing to do it for an affordable price.

CONS

Plugins are constantly developing and can sometimes create some incompatibilities, which is normal, but the speed with which these problems are corrected is another strength of wordpress since all systems are subject to problems but quick solutions I find with wordpress.

Reason for choosing WooCommerce

The number of plugins is much greater and so is the user community.

Reasons for switching to WooCommerce

Magento was very heavy and required too much hosting.

Nedim

Marketing and Advertising, 2-10 employees

Reviewed October 2023

Great platform to integrate

We ll keep using it on all our WP based shops. Great value and definetely easy setup.

PROS

We are using WooCommerce for most of our e-comm sites. Easy to integrate with third-party addons. Lot of options for customization of our shop, from shipping to advanced options.

CONS

No issues with any of the features we are utilizing. It is recommended for beginners too.

Reason for choosing WooCommerce

Overall value of Woo is more than other we also use.

Zach

Marketing and Advertising, 2-10 employees

Reviewed June 2024

Should you choose WooCommerce?

PROS

Semi-"native" to WordPress environment. Great for beginners with a small inventory and a limited number of unique SKUs. It's a good choice for people who will outsource inventory management and/or their ecom-web-dev.

CONS

Ease of use is nearly non-existent, great for low-level customization ecom stores.

Dennis

Information Technology and Services, 11-50 employees

Reviewed July 2023

Woocommerce: An exquisite WordPress plugin for product management

Instantly receiving notifications in my email for new orders/customers and being able to respond effectively has greatly improved client relations and boosted sales. The report analysis also has enabled me to keep tabs on sales.

PROS

For a frequent web Designer using WordPress, Woocommerce is a vital tool in ecommerce sites. I can pricing, shipping, payment integration, view new orders and my customers all under one platform.

CONS

Depending on the outcome one intends to achieve, you might need some extensions to run hand in hand with Woocommerce with most having a high price tag

Andrei

Accounting, 11-50 employees

Reviewed April 2024

WooCommerce if you want to sell

A great WordPress plugin, transform a simple WordPress website into a powerful online shop. Easy to secure and optimize for SEO and speed.

PROS

WooCommerce and WordPress is the perfect combination to sell online. Been using this plugin for a few years now and with every update is getting better and better. Adding plugins to the WordPress setup increases your shop security (with security plugins) and my favorite, increase SEO for every product available. For customization you have endless possibilities, creating and customizing a WordPress theme is quite easy, or you can find already made themes at reasonable prices.

CONS

No cons found for WooCommerce until now.

Deyan

Information Technology and Services, 51-200 employees

Reviewed November 2023

Arguably the best eCommerce platform for beginners

PROS

I love two things about Woocommerce the most. One is how easy it is to use. Unlike Shopify, a complete beginner can set up an e-commerce website rather quickly and without problems. The second thing is the community. So many people are using woocommerce, so if you ever face a challenge, there is already a fix online.

CONS

The fact that you need a plugin for every single custom thing you want. I'm still building a woocommerce site and I already have like 20 plugins, because some basic options are missing from the default WooCommerce.

Reason for choosing WooCommerce

Shopify was too complicated for our abilities.

Reasons for switching to WooCommerce

Shopiko's customization options were lacking.

Ngala Emmanuel

Graphic Design, 2-10 employees

Used monthly for more than 2 years

Reviewed September 2023

WooCommerce is a can't-do-without WordPress store builder

WooCommerce is the perfect eCommerce solution for me because it's cost-effective and provides a great store-building experience. It's a great plugin for all-size projects. I strongly recommend it.

PROS

Building an eCommerce website with the WooCommerce plugin is far better than developing one from scratch. The main reason I say this is because I've worked on a couple of eCommerce projects where I had to do the development from scratch, add products, and do all the formalities.When I discovered WooCommerce my entire experience suddenly changed. Why?Because it actually saved me from a lot of stress.WooCommerce supplies me with all the infrastructures required to build a modern and fully functional eCommerce store and handles a lot of other tasks like inventory management, shopping cart, shipping, and more. Using WooCommerce in WordPress I always assume that I know nothing about coding - and it's true; you don't need any coding skills to use WooCommerce.It's my to-use plugin whenever I receive orders about online store designs. I like it because it's simple to use, has a modern user interface, supports a wide array of third-party integrations, it is lightweight and free.

CONS

For a free plugin, I see no issues with it. It helps a lot

Used monthly for more than 2 years

Reviewed November 2023

A cheaper option but with too much stress

PROS

What I like most about Woocommerce is that it is easy on the pocket. I can start an ecommerce project with little to no money and Woocommerce will help me take off on the right foot.

CONS

The thing I like least about woocommerce is the data security and intergration with other tools. Too many bugs that make it a not-very-goo-option for the less tech savvy.

Reasons for switching to WooCommerce

The cost of using Shopify was a little too steep. Not favorable to a budding entrepreneur with limited resources.

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 11-50 employees

Reviewed May 2024

PROS

It was easy to use, and very basic set up. We ended up switching to Shopify to have more advanced features, themes, and analytics rolled up. Free is always a plus, but you pay for plug-ins etc.

CONS

We found the themes to be a little outdated and features to be very limited. We also do not have an in-house dev team so maintaining the store was always a bigger cost.

Julia

Design, 1 employee

Reviewed May 2024

Good software if you like Wordpress if not search elsewhere

PROS

I like that it's an all in one plug in that helps you run your online store.

CONS

I am biased in the sense that I find Wordpress to be a very clunky and outdated platform to use. As such I found woocommerce to be a little clunky as well to the point I migrated over to Shopify.

1 employee

best commerce platform

PROS

beautiful theme .i would like to use all services

CONS

easy to operate ,woocommerce recomded for all friends

Cátia

Internet, 2-10 employees

Reviewed September 2023

Easy setup & management

PROS

Anyone can have a online shop with woocommerce!

CONS

When you starting using woocommerce you may feel a little confused to know your way around because you have many options to choose

Savannah

Non-Profit Organization Management, 51-200 employees

Used monthly for less than 2 years

Reviewed June 2024

Excellent tool but not an easy onboard

PROS

We use WooCommerce as the backend of our online store. It hasn't given us any issues and we love that there are no annual fees for us!

CONS

As someone who isn't a developer, I struggled to learn the platform at first. I recommend working with a professional to get up and running.

Telecommunications, 1 employee

Reviewed June 2020

Create an online store and own it

My experience with this software is quite enjoyable, it is a great advantage to have this plug-in to build a professional store that allows you to sell like the big companies, taking in count that you practically own the store and you can do anything you want with it and sell anything you like, forget about being suspended or penalized it is practically yours.

PROS

- This plug-in software for WordPress is something else, it is really complete and allows you to create functional store from A-Z. - It is extremely flexible and you can edit just about anything from shipping to payment processors, give coupons perform cross sales and up sales. - It has several paid modules but you can purchase them as you go, plus if you are starting the basic out of the box version has enough to make you money so you can start adding more paid functionalities. - The entry base system is free and works seamlessly with WordPress and it is fully responsive to any device. - It works great with page builders such as Beaver Builder, Elementor and others, if you do not want to code this is a good choice. - You have the biggest companies and shipping services having interrogations for Woo-commerce. - It has a set up wizard that allows you to get started quickly. - There is a lot of documentation and the woo-commerce community is huge. - You can easily find a developer that is familiar with this system.

CONS

- The learning curve you will experience can be a bit steep specially if you do not have experience with CMS. - There is some technical data you have to know in terms of taxes and logistics info but it can be easily sorted out with an internet search or a tutorial online.

Reason for choosing WooCommerce

Because I own it and know how to do marketing so i don't need to pay extra.

Because I wanted to switch to WordPress instead of Joomla

Jeanne

Performing Arts, 2-10 employees

Reviewed August 2020

Too difficult for novices; not enough in-box customizations for the savvy

PROS

I like that it is widely integrated into Wordpress themes. I like that it's connected to Stripe and PayPal. It's automated emails are nice, as well. Plug-ins are nice (but they are expensive and often are required for things you would expect out of the box). It can be customized to some degree, which was helpful for us...in some other ways, it is a bit rigid and not quite what you would want if you are trying to replicate a retail experience.

CONS

I would never recommend this to anyone who wasn't very, very, very tech savvy. It is absolutely not an option for people who don't have a lot of web development experience. It tries to be a system on its own, but we have found you really have to simply take the purchase data out of Woocommerce and put it into your own CRM system. We have decided to stop using it for our purposes of registering students for classes. We may still use it for the sale of items, but probably not.

Reason for choosing WooCommerce

I think I chose it simply because it was integrated into the Wordpress theme I purchased. Also, PayPal was super wonky.

Reasons for switching to WooCommerce

PayPal is kind of horrible. It's very unfriendly. People hate it. Our customers hated it. It was very confusing. Reconciling accounts is awful.

Retail, 10,000+ employees

Reviewed November 2020

A great e-commerce solution, but still awhile to go...

WooCommerce is great in its e-commerce features but lacks where its obvious competitors are excelling in, turning it into a second-grade choice when compared to the likes of BigCommerce, Krepling, and Shopify.

PROS

WooCommerce is great in its core product offering. It offerings everything one could ask for when looking to deploy an online store. It is simple and easy to use and also has a decent array of features. For WordPress users, it is a must-have if you are looking to deploy online selling functions.

CONS

Where WooCommerce falls short is its simplicity. Whilst platforms like Shopify, Krepling, and BigCommerce have mastered the ability to simplify and centralize the online selling environment and business management, WooCommerce has yet to innovate any of its central dashboards and interfaces. I have used WooCommerce for 3.5 years, and despite it being a very powerful selling tool, I have never been able to look past it being just a WordPress plugin. Entrepreneurs are still required to have their own separate hosting options and domain configurations, which require users to constantly jump between different support options just to troubleshoot errors. Not to mention how much WooCommerce relies on WordPress. Although I have no complaints about WordPress, its ease of building websites has not adopted a 'no-code' ideology, thus requiring users to purchase additional plugins like themes and modules.

Reasons for switching to WooCommerce

Magneto required extensive knowledge of coding and programming. Something not clearly marketed by the platform.

Roldan

Design, 11-50 employees

Reviewed September 2022

Needs more improvements!

You can build your e-commerce with it. But you have to be extra technical to build it. Needs improvements, definitely.

PROS

First off, WooCommerce is the first choice when it comes to fast e-commerce website. It is CMS-based, offers large library of extension for all and varied e-commerce demands, offers considerable customizability. Knows what the e-commerce industry needs. The thing that I like most about WooCommerce is it's large libraries of extensions. It's less likely that you'll ran out of options when it comes to customizing the function of your store.

CONS

Branding. When you want to customize your store to strictly follow your branding guidelines, this is where WooCommerce falters. There is not much you can do with the checkout page, cart page, thank you page, my account page and all. Extensions tend to be expensive. Even those that have simple functions. Common sense functionalities are not added. It's either you have to install a third-party plugin or buy there own extension, or code it for yourself.

Reason for choosing WooCommerce

Not yet. Planning to try Shopify. BigCommerce etc...

Sharif