Browse CaseFox Reviews

Christie from Ryan Law

Industry: Law Practice

Great product for an even better price

CaseFox has made the management of my law practice seamless and easy.

Pros

I previewed / used the free trial of several different billing and case management software systems in the market. At a former firm I’ve personally used a leading industry software and CaseFox by far is a superior product to everything I have used. It is incredibly simple to set up, and integrates seamlessly with my google suite and lawpay. I personally use google drive for my document management (but they also integrate with DropBox and other clouds) and with CaseFox it connects my employees to the drive through the software so we’re all working on the same document and there’s no overlap. The billing is incredibly easy and again is connected to my LawPay account so I don’t have to go to multiple places when billing or confirming payments. There is a client portal that I don’t use as much as I would like but the clients who do use it say that it is simple to log in and use. I appreciate the ability to purchase stand alone services (such as more users, more storage etc.) instead of being forced to pay for services I don’t use. Customer service has always responded timely. The price of this software is where CF really stands apart- I was worried when I originally signed up that I would be receiving a substandard product. I had resigned myself because I wasn’t willing to commit to high fees every month with other products. I was surprised and happy to discover that CF is just as good and better in some aspects than other products I’ve used, for half the price.

Cons

The only issue I come across occasionally is ease of use. There are a lot of functions in CaseFox and the normal billing and setting up a file is easy. Linking my google drive and/ or bank accounts hasn’t been as easy and requires a deeper dive into the software. Setting up these functions weren’t as user friendly but customer service was helpful and my younger employee got it worked out.

Reasons for Choosing CaseFox

Price, functionality and number of users

Response from CaseFox

Replied February 2021

We are pleased to receive such valuable feedbacks from our clients. Thank you so much, Ryan for taking out some time and write this important and useful review which can benefit everyone! Well, we'll work on the loopholes you pointed out for a better user experience

Daro from PowComms

Industry: Security and Investigations

The Best Case Management / Billing software on the market (for the price), Hands Down!

Originally when we were searching for a case management/billing software, I tried about 20 different software's. CaseFox is hands down the easiest, well organized, versatile, customizable one I tried in our price range. We only use about 75% of the features (it's a very diverse system) and it handles all of our cases with ease. My firm currently operates out of 5 states, several employees and hundreds of open cases at a time. CF's down time is virtually nonexistent. When you email support, they get back to you typically within minuets. For the price (from my research, 60-80% cheaper than most others), the quality, the easy of use, OUTSTANDING customer service, diversity and customization... It's hands down the most underrated software on the market. Your doing your company and team a disservice if you don't at least try Casefox.

Pros

There are a ton of amazing things I can say about CF, but to keep it short their integration with multiple platforms is hands down handy and impressive to say the least. Makes our jobs super simple working with clients that work with multiple platforms such as Microsoft, google, Dropbox, PayPal, ect... The massive amount of features and functions this software covers all of our needs plus some. It is very diverse and with all of the features to add time and manage cases (mobile, tablet, web with 2 different UI's, text service) our teams billing's and accuracy has improved by more than 15%. Which is awesome! Super simple as well.... wanted to throw that in there.

Cons

I want to preface this by first saying that we have found ways around this and and is working great!... I wish there was more customizations to users. They have 5 settings which is great and one of them you can turn off and on functions for the user (office secretary), just for our specific use and workflow, a few more customizations would be a great resource.

Reasons for Choosing CaseFox

Price, Customizations, integrations, customer service, sales teams (some of them really suck),

Reasons for Switching to CaseFox

The price was too high and didn't accommodate a few of the customizations I needed for our firm.

Response from CaseFox

Replied June 2021

Hi Daro, We really appreciate your detailed review and you taking out your time to have it all here! Also, we will surely make your suggested changes done soon, so that you have a more seamless user experience!

Kris from lawfirm

fine until you need support

fine but didn't need anything from a human until recently and now I'm here writing this response!

Pros

easy to use/learn but don't expect any customer service (or any that isn't reason enough to cancel the service)..!

Cons

customer service; no one available to answer a phone call ever; emailed questions about errors in the program go ignored; if you are lucky to get a response, it will be so inciting, you'll be eager to complete a review like this to let the world know how horrible a company Casefox (and its support) is..!

Response from CaseFox

Replied June 2021

Hi Kris, We are so sorry. We're normally known for our exceptional attention to detail, and we regret that we missed the mark. We always aim to deliver a great experience, and we are gutted when we don't meet expectations. Thanks for taking the time to bring this to our attention. We will use the feedback to make us better and to ensure this doesn't happen again. Thank you for posting this review and we're sorry to hear that your experience was not up to standards. We would like the opportunity to talk and investigate your feedback further.

Margaret from Law Office of Margaret A. Sedy

Better than the rest, at a fraction of the cost!

Pros

Everything! Billing and Invoicing is a breeze. Software runs so many different types of reports and exports to Excel, love this! Oh, and they have two separate UI (user interfaces) - the classic and the modern. Their Modern interface is better than most of their competitors, too. I still love the classic though. I have done free trials (multiple times) of MyCase, Bill4Time, Practice Panther, Clio, you name it, but CaseFox is truly the best. You cannot get me to switch.

Cons

As with all the legal billing software out there, I wish CaseFox also had a full-charge accounting suite built in. Like a fully built in Quickbooks. While there is of course an integration for QB and Xero, I'd prefer one software/platform. Other than that, Keep up the great work :)

Response from CaseFox

Replied June 2021

Hi Margaret, Thank you for considering us in the lot of many others out there. Your 5 star review really helps us grow. We really value your feedback!

Daniel from FACETics LLC

With some tweaks, CaseFox would work better for forensic investigators and expert witnesses.

I have only experience one system outage in the 2+ years I have been using the software. Unfortunately, such an occurrence happens at the most inconvenient times.

Pros

The linkages within the software allow it to play well in the office tools environment. Integrations to MSOffice, Quickbooks and Dropbox are well accepted.

Cons

The tool would be much more flexible if there were two environments for the lawyer and the expert. There are a number of tasks that the forensic expert does not need to interface with but many of the tasks overlap with the legal side and it would be nice to have a way to eliminate the ones of no interest. I also find the expert is often retained by a third-party and works for the lawyer, but invoices the third-party. The software data model does not appreciate this scenario. The work arounds are kludgy.

Reasons for Choosing CaseFox

I choose CaseFox over the competition because of the integration with other office tools.

Response from CaseFox

Replied December 2020

Thank you Daniel for this helpful review, we appreciate the fact that you spared your time out to review us with such details. We would surely work on the same as mentioned by you.

Jonathan from Beck Ostrom Sweet

Industry: Law Practice

Amazing, cost-effective case management and billing software

We have tried out literally 4-5 different practice management software solutions over the years, and we have finally found one that is simple, straightforward, and cost-effective. We love it.

Pros

User-friendly, intuitive, easy to fix mistakes...and, of course, the price.

Cons

Occasional bugs and glitches, which aren't a big deal because I've always been able to find a work-around.

Reasons for Choosing CaseFox

Easier and more intuitive product at a much better price.

Cost

Donn from Fraser, Wheeler & Courtney

Law Firm review

Pros

We like the ease of use for all employees, each having their own log-in access and ability to run personal reports. We also like that it is internet based with information being stored safely off-site. That also allows for use and access outside of the office, whether working at home or traveling.

Cons

The only issue we have encountered is the ability to set different types of billing for different clients. For example, some plaintiff clients may have deposited a retainer and we need to track that trust account balance and show those balances on invoices. Others are defense clients who are strictly billed by the hour. The Settings for invoicing appears to be an overall setting, and not able to be customized differently for individual clients.

Reasons for Switching to CaseFox

Ease of use and internet access when working outside the office.

Response from CaseFox

Replied June 2021

Dear Donn, Thanks so much for sharing your experience with us. We'll definitely use your feedback to make some important changes!

Sonja from Law Office of Sonja Anderson-Byfield

Irreplaceable Product!

I would not trade CaseFox for any other product. It has all the features that a small law practice such as mine need to be efficient and to maintain proper records on clients and trust funds.

Pros

I love the financing and case load tracking and recording aspect of this software the most. This enhances my efficiency in invoicing and gives a bird eye view of all that is happening in my practice from an accounting perspective. Client's details help also to allow for speed in contacting a client without the need to locate a physical case file.

Cons

Automatic case numbering. The software attaches a number automatically to each case/project created but oftentimes there is duplication in the numbering system. I have to manually check each number to avoid duplication and apply a new number manually.

Response from CaseFox

Replied June 2021

Hello Sonja, Shared experiences like yours about CaseFox, really matter a lot. We hope to continue in helping you with your hectic billing and automated law practice! Thank you!

Easy and Efficient to Use

Pros

I am a solo practitioner. Case Fox is easy to use, keeps track of everything. The mobile app is great for checking on the telephone if not near a computer.

Cons

I wish it was backed up to the cloud or another means automatically

Response from CaseFox

Replied June 2021

Thank you for the 5 stars! It's so great to hear that you loved our legal billing software!

Tom from Kingsley Accountancy

Works well and easy to use

My overall experience with CaseFox has been great, it filled a gap in my practice software needs perfectly and now makes me look 100x more professional when dealing with complex cases.

Pros

I like that CaseFox contains all of the features I would need for basic case management in their free offering. This really gives you plenty of time to ensure it is the right fit for your practice before committing to the higher tiers.

Cons

Unfortunately CaseFox is undergoing a redesign, whilst this does not have a major effect if you stick to one version and use it there can be problems when changing to the new version as it doesn't have all of the same features as the old one and reformats some of the reports.

Response from CaseFox

Replied November 2020

Thankyou Tom, for your balanced and fair review. We're happy that your experience with CaseFox went smoothly. Also your feedback helps us get better. We are looking into the issue and hope to resolve it promptly and accurately.

Dustin from Lee Law Firm, LLC

Good Software for Solos

This keeps us much more organized, and being able to access it from pretty much any computer is great. I have not tried this with a phone. While customer support may be overseas, it has ALWAYS been prompt and gotten the issue resolved. They even upon request, at no charge, created an ability for me to get my time sheets auto-uploaded into a State appointed case log required to get paid, which saves us from manually typing entries.

Pros

Before using this software, we were manually typing billing entries and billing took two days on average. This software is not perfect and not for everyone, but we practice mostly family law and criminal defense and it has been excellent at the basics. I use the old format - I saw the new and instantly switched back, so I cannot write as to new features. I was given this product's name from another attorney - for the price point I think it is hard to beat. If you want an automator, etc. you may want to look elsewhere.

Cons

There seems to be some issues with Safari browser as to the timekeeper itself. I use mostly PCs, so this is rarely an issue, but it seemed to stop tracking if the computer would go to sleep (ex: while on a call).

Reasons for Choosing CaseFox

I tried the trial for free and decided it worked FAR better than our old system, which was really Quickbooks mixed with typed timesheets, etc. There are lots of other options of course, and some may work better for others or even me, but frankly I cannot think of a good reason to switch as we sit due to having such a good customer service response in the past. It is not perfect, but it works for us.

Jill from JMF Legal

Awesome software for home businesses

I have been using Casefox for approximately 3 years now. I have had no major issues with the software that wasn't fixable by Casefox immediately. The price is more than reasonable for all the flexibility you get in this software. It tracks everything. I also love the capabilities of making the invoices my own and tracking my own file numbers plus entering all trust funds right into Casefox. It helps me with my daily run of my business in the legal field and I highly recommend this software to any small business. The best part is going on vacation and having the ability to login from any wifi free establishment with ease. Thank you Casefox for making my business run smoothly. Your Customer Support is awesome and very kind. They have always been able to help me and it's not because your software has malfunctioned; if I have a question on how to do something within Casefox and do not understand the help tutorial; you are there to assist. I appreciate that!

Pros

The functionality of the software and I can access it anywhere at any time with a wifi connection. I am also able to format the things that I need; file numbers, backdating, and especially being able to track with my calendar is great.

Cons

I wish you could upload all of my emails and documents to casefox to keep all files together; I have to have a separate drive for that (Google Drive), it isn't making me leave the software but it would be helpful if your software could have downloadable capabilities of all file types; pdf especially. I would like to able to open the client's file and all the documentation that is associated with that client. I would also like the capability to streamline the Invoice fields to the names of what I know. For example Government #: we don't have a government number except for hst/gst and that has to be at the end of the invoice anyway. But I would love to change the field to Court Location.

Way better than the ones I have used

Pros

I practice intellectual property and love all of the customization that Casefox provides. I have used leading industry products and used to get frustrated with how few features relate to IP. Casefox offers the ability to customize the invoices, billing codes, the case information and offers great bang for buck. Once I figured out how the invoices can be set up so that payments are reflected on my trust and operating account, bookkeeping got even better.

Cons

While Casefox does offer the option of selecting a more modern looking interface, the look of the default interface which seemed somewhat messy and old has grown on me over time.

Pricing and customization capabilities

Lack of customization

shakeel from Tilson solicitors

product review

We are very happy with the product

Pros

We have used software far more expensive for case management, which did not have the ease of use and functionality of Casefox. The support is excellent when we have had a problem

Cons

The improvement I would like to see are more tutorials on youtube in regards to the advance features of the software

Reasons for Choosing CaseFox

The functionality and price. Good value.

Reasons for Switching to CaseFox

We found Clio to be very expensive per user

Eric from Law firm

Good work

Timekeeping a breeze. Invoice prints should be a breeze but the formatting isn't customisable enough for me.

Pros

Free version just as capable as paid, so moving up to the paid version was an easy choice. Thanks guys. Easy decision over my competitors!

Cons

It's a little clunky, the UI/UX needs work, I don't understand the new interface at all so have stuck with classic, integration with Google Drive could be better so I don't use that aspect. More or less, this is used this for purely timekeeping but if the other features were more user-friendly, I'd tend to use them more.

Kurt from Peterson Legal Services PLC

Happy Client

Excellent

Pros

It seems to do everything we need. Customer Support is top notch. Quick, reliable, and very responsive if an issue or question arrises. Casefox team is always improving the product.

Cons

I would like to be able to rearrange the user interface a bit. That might not be possible or it could be cost prohibitive. It works fine the way it is, but you asked.

Reasons for Choosing CaseFox

Features, Ease of use, Cost.

Response from CaseFox

Replied November 2020

The team here at CaseFox is thrilled to hear such good feedback from clients like you. We are motivated to make our product better and more responsive day by day. Thankyou.

Tom from Elder Law Office of Olimpi & Kramer

Excellent Customer Service

The customer service has been fantastic. Whenever I have a question and submit a ticket, I get a very fast response. They have created a couple unique reports for me that help me do my job more effectively. Cannot say anything negative about their support

Pros

I think it is quite intuitive in finding information. The reports that I use work well for my needs

Cons

No real issues. Cannot comment on anything negative. the new dashboard looks good, although I have used it on a very limited basis

Response from CaseFox

Replied March 2021

Thank you for your response, it means a lot. Happy lawyers are what we feel is important for a business to grow.

Racheal from The Law Office of Racheal L Adkins

Affordable and Easy to use

Professional, easy to use, easy to train, app on phone so I don’t miss billing

Pros

I Was very intimidated by all of the software out there and I needed some thing that was gonna be easy to use for all employees. There’s even an app on my phone that makes it even easier to use if I’m out and about or at the courthouse. Love this product

Cons

Billing took some practice and having to write off some amounts because clients don’t pay, appears as income

Reasons for Choosing CaseFox

I got a free trial period and the others were very complicated

EASY AND EFFICIENT WAY TO KEEP TRACK OF ATTORNEY BILLING

Pros

CAN ACCESS FROM ANYWHERE-EASILY ABLE TO IMPORT DOCUMENTS TO THE INVOICE-EASY TO TRANSFER TO CLIENTS. GOOD VALUE FOR THE PRICE SUPPORT IS ALWAYS AVAILABLE

Cons

WOULD LIKE AN AUTOMATIC BACK UP TO THE CLOUD

Response from CaseFox

Replied January 2018

Thank you for your candid review. We really appreciate hearing both pros and cons and we consistently make improvements based on feedbacks we receive from our esteemed customers. BTW, if a dropbox or box account is linked to your CaseFox account, daily/monthly backups are automatically and transparently stored in your own cloud storage account.

Whitney from Whitney M Whitman LPC LLC

Excellent Product

Pros

I use CaseFox every day. It has revolutionized the way I manage my practice's billing and accounting as well as utilized daily to remind me of tasks on my to-do list. Allows me to track time spent on a particular project with ease.

Cons

The only change I would request is that, when two people are sharing the costs of my work, I would like ot be able to re-allocate expenses to just one person at times.

Teresa from Law Practice

Industry: Law Practice

Increased accuracy of my billing tremendously

Pros

As a solo practitioner that only takes a few cases a year, the time tracking and billing features were very important to me. My past practice has been to simply write off any time that I did not record simultaneously because of concerns that any estimate or memory would be inaccurate. The app for CaseFox makes it very easy to record time using its timer and other uses. The invoices are accurate and come out looking very professional. It also tracks my trust account and reflects additions and withdrawals from the account for the clients.

Cons

The online training was weak, but the program is reasonably intuitive and has good examples.

Response from CaseFox

Replied January 2021

Hey Teresa, Thank you for your kind words We'll really appreciate lawyers like you taking out their valuable time and write something good for us. For improvements, we would work on the customer support and the online training which you suggested. Once again, thank you

Yvonne from Chauvin Law Firm LLC

Easy to Use and Implement

Ease of use and price of software made the decision to switch to CaseFox easy.

Pros

This was incredibly easy to switch over to. It is also very easy to use.

Cons

It could use more robust reporting. Also, it did not flow well with Quickbooks.

Reasons for Switching to CaseFox

The software was bought out by a larger company which increased the pricing.

Response from CaseFox

Replied November 2020

Thanks for taking the time to share your feedback with us. It means so much when our valuable customers share their experiences.

Brennan from DBR PC

Industry: Law Practice

Works well and doesn't require a lot of attention

Pros

Allows submission of LEDES format invoices. Works well for recording time and generating invoices. Easy to add and remove users and have different rates for different clients and matters.

Cons

Wish the invoices could be customized. Sometimes the Word output invoices require some formatting work before finalized.

Price and ease of use.

Reasons for Switching to CaseFox

PC Law changed and updating was very expensive.

Joe from Jacobson Press P.C.

We have used CaseFox for over 3 years. It improved greatly in that time. Easy to use.

Easy way to keep track of time and bill our clients.

Pros

Easy to use. Easy to set up. Customer support very responsive. If something does not work the way we want it to, we contact them, and they make it happen.

Cons

Does not automatically generate reminder bills in matters with no recent activity. The available reports do not provide all of the information I want it and I do not have the skill to customize the reports.

July 2016

Nathan from Law Office of Nathan A. Shoff, Esq.

July 2016

Excellent service at a great price!

When I first started out as a solo practitioner, CaseFox was a huge help in quickly and easily tracking my time, billing my clients and managing my accounts.

Pros

The time tracking & billing features are seamless and very intuitive to use.

Cons

It would be nice if the ledger "learned" what certain recurring payments I input are, so that they are categorized properly in the future.

Excellent billing software

overall casefox is very good and easy to use billing software.we can try it in free plan.

Pros

casefox is easy to use and good billing software.we not need to install and setup casefox software on our system because its maintain on cloud so we and client and access casefox software on any platform.casefox can manage all client billing rates ,document, and phone calls.casefox integrate with some famous tools like google drive, dropbox , office 365 and paypal.

Cons

sometimes its difficult to transfer billing entry from one case to another.casefox user interface design can be more beatiful.

August 2016

Jim from Casimir Consulting Inc.

August 2016

A great way to make money

We have a small tax consulting firm. I had been tracking chargeable time on a spreadsheet, and summarizing on the monthly invoices. This software has made thousands of dollars for us in capturing consultant time.

Pros

It tracks time and charges perfectly.

Vincent from Law Practice

Great Product!

Pros

Very happy with this and we use it everyday!

Cons

Took some time to get used to everything.

Best value!

Response from CaseFox

Replied November 2020

Thank you so much for your kind words, Vincent. We really appreciate you taking the time out to share your experience here.

Kimberly from Law Office of Kimberly L. Kiplin

CaseFox

Pros

It is easy to use. I like all the features from setting up a client/matter, timekeeping, invoices, ledger, historical billings.

Cons

I can't think of any issues I have with the software.

Saifullah from Kakar Advocates LLC

Its a good product.

It has made things easy for me, although I m not a lawyer but I have learned it very soon.

Pros

Casefox is easy to use and is user friendly.

Cons

The case category reporting should be developed further.

Michael from Michael T Burns, PLLC

Industry: Law Practice

Great product for the price with necessary features.

I have been relatively happy with CaseFox.

Pros

CaseFox is inexpensive and easy to use.

Cons

It lack many features that are available in other products.

Reasons for Choosing CaseFox

Price for the need at the time.

Samantha from Davis, Johnson & Kallal, LLC

Industry: Law Practice

Easy to navigate and comprehend

Pros

I really enjoy how easy it is to navigate around the pages and how easy it is to understand what things are. If you aren't sure what something is, there is always the icon that helps explain the feature. I love this software.

Cons

At this time, I don't have any cons. It's all pretty great.

Walter from Law Offices of Walter M Luers

What the heck happened?

Awesome until December 31, now miserable.

Pros

Nothing. I am writing the rest of this to fulfill the minimum text requirement.

Cons

The interface changed and its completely unusable, clunky, unworthy, and confusing. If I could fire Casefox today, I would, but you have all my data, so I I can't.

Response from CaseFox

Replied January 2019

Nothing has changed. We have two user interfaces running in parallel and the new one provides better performance and many new features have been added. Basic layout is the same. Not sure what the issue here. There is a switch to switch to either one of the interfaces. We work hard to provide a feature rich and much affordable software and last several years we have had almost 100% up time and excellent customer service. This review is uncalled for because no issue has been described. Perhaps the user accidentally switched to the new interface and got startled. And instead of asking us, started posting negative reviews on social media and here. It would have taken just a few seconds to ask us how to switch back to the old interface if the switch to classic button were not easily visible in the upper right corner.

EXCELLENT PRODUCT

Pros

I have been a user for many years. Wonderful support. Does everything.

Cons

Would love to have an automatic back up to the cloud------Is it comming ?

September 2016

Eric from The Law Offices of Eric J. Crescimano

September 2016

Amazing product and value

Super functional yet incredibly simple. Support is amazing and quick with responses. Developer is incredibly open to adding new functionality.

Pros

Simplicity of use even though it contains the functionality of much more complex and expensive packages. The price is perfect for the solo and small firm practice

Cons

Nothing

June 2016

Juan from The Ramos Law Firm

June 2016

Multiple Practice Professional Review

So far I like the fact that this product can be used across multiple industries. I would honestly say that it's a software that I can highly see in the future having multiple lawyers use it.

Pros

That it has an Apple and Android compability software.

Cons

That I'm unable to use it as Quickbooks to see how much income is left after working on a particular case.

Mateus from MMA Advogados

I love CaseFox, but I wanted it in Portuguese

I am trying to fully use CaseFox for my firm. The only problem I am having is that this brilliant software is no translated into the Portuguese language, my county's language. I have translated the invoice text, but these settings apply only to simple PDF invoice format which is not good to be presented to clients. Simple PDF is the just very bad format.

Pros

Just a very good software.

Cons

No language options. No Portuguese language. This makes it difficult for me to use the software for invoicing as I cannot present reports or invoices in English in my country

Darell from Advanced Investigative Solutions, Inc.

One of The Best Programs I've Used

My experience with this program was one that I did not have to think twice about upgrading. I knew right away that it was what I have been looking for in reference to tracking time, expenses and overall productivity.

Pros

It is so easy to use. It doesn't require weeks of study or taking a course to try to figure it out. I don't have a lot of time for reading manuals and trying to figure things out. I needed something I could jump right into and this was it. I use it all day every day,

Cons

I can't think of anything that this program lacks at this time.

Response from CaseFox

Replied November 2020

Thankyou Darell for such a heartful recognition. We work hard to meet expectations like yours, and we're happy to hear we hit the mark for you.

Ryan from Schwank Law Office

September 2015

Does almost everything, and did it well.

I first started using Casefox when they were relatively new to the market, and although I've experimented with other programs none have the range of functionality of Casefox at a similar price point. the integration with Google Drive has been very critical to my business because I work remotely travel across multiple countries for my practice. my only complaint has been the lack of a mobile device interface however that was resolved earlier this year when Kispiox released their android app which is probably the best laid out and thought out legal services that I've used. Customer service is excellent they respond very quickly and are very open to suggestions on ways to improve the software. In fact, one of my very first experiences with their customer support was calling in to ask if it was possible to create a user role that offered limited access to case files But which had the power to injure phone calls memos and other billing line information for me. They responded by adding the requested user role in less than 48 hours from my request.

Very Good Option for Start-up Law Firm

I would rate my experience fairly positively. Again, it is a great option for a start-up firm because of the pricing and flexibility. But once your firm grows up, you may want to find a more stable and more professional billing program.

Pros

We did many head-to-head price/functionality comparisons when my partners and I launched our law firm. Casefox's pricing and functionality could not be beat by anyone. We ended up using Casefox for the first 15 months of our practice as we continued to expand our team and our client base. Casefox allowed us to structure billing options the way we wanted, and it easily tracked payments made from our trust account, etc.

Cons

Three things: there are typos, the bills looked rather unprofessional, and it often glitches! You can tell that it is created and managed by an offshore team because of the English typos. We eventually switched from Casefox to Leanlaw because Leanlaw had a more professional billing system and easily linked to Quickbooks (our accounting software).

Stephen from a law firm

This is a great timekeeping software that is easy to use.

Pros

I like that it is online, and that my co-counsel in other states can simply log in and enter their time on my cases.

Cons

If I had to pick something, I would say that sometimes I can get lost in the different tabs of where to go.

Jeffrey from Jeffrey H. Fink, Attorney at Law

Outstanding customer support!

I am a solo practitioner. My corporate clients are now requiring LEDES formatted bills. My existing billing program did not have LEDES format. For the same price I was paying, Casefox provides the formatting I need, plus provides far greater functionality. My greatest praise is for its Customer Support. It responded immediately to my email inquiries, even offering to speak with me by phone and it diligently worked swiftly to help me transfer my unbilled time slips into Casefox. I have only just begun to use Casefox, but expect it to meet and surpass my needs. Based on my experience so far, I highly recommend it.

Pros

Full functionality. Easy to use.

Cons

None so far.

Suzanne from Suzanne Suarez Hurley, P.A.

CaseFox is GREAT!

But I was extremely grateful to be able to get help from the CaseFox employees who answered the phone and exhibited great patience in helping me learn.

Pros

It provides a small firm the opportunity to have access to a powerful and sophisticated software that would otherwise not be accessible. I can operate my small law firm and keep my books straight using CaseFox as well as print professional invoices. I love it.

Cons

At first, I did not understand how powerful it was and I may have made some entries that were incorrect.

Pablo from Doudnik Arriola, PLLC

Industry: Law Practice

Big service for little money

Great!

Pros

I've used other software companies in other firms and I wanted to be careful with my initial expenses when I opened my own firm. I came across casefox and began using it for its price. I've been now using it and recommending it, not just for the price, but also for the service and easy platform. Thank you!

Cons

I found that the check printing feature is not very friendly.

Julie from Cottle Keen Lopiccolo & Heyde

Good Affordable Billing System

Overall, a good and affordable solution for legal services billing. Easy to use and produces many useful reports including reports that can be imported into Quick books. Things we would change: the bills update in real time, so if you want to know what you actually sent to a client, you need to keep a hard copy. Also, you cannot search by bill number, which is frustrating.

Response from CaseFox.com

Replied September 2015

Thank you for your feedback. Invoices can be searched by numbers on the Dashboard. Also, more preferred way is to simply go to the matter where you will see all invoices right upfront. When an invoice is edited, yes the invoice is updated in real time. Keeping old copies of invoices would unnecessarily complicate the user interface and cause confusion and will be prone to mistakes as a user may actually send a wrong version of invoice to client.

Kristine from Drumm Law

So helpful!

Streamlined time/expense entries, accounting info, etc.

Pros

We are a small firm but I asked a ton of questions and the support team was always there, going above and beyond what I ever expected. Switching software can be a nightmare but they definitely are there to help keep things in order. Highly recommend!

Cons

For our firm the use of cases/clients can be confusing but I can see how it would be helpful for other firm types.

Muhammad from Q Soft Web & Software Solutions

Most comprehensive software for legal practitioners and law firms to manage their business

Its a comprehansive crm amd billing software for Law firms

Pros

Great tools for time keeping and invoicing. Batch invoicing is a great time saving feature to manage invoices in a short time. Multiple online payment options for getting payments from clients Google calendar syn and other software like outlook and ical are value added feature

Cons

Interface is bit complex and difficult to understand. Its difficult to search for any features unless you go through the documentation and explore every feature of software

Response from CaseFox

Replied July 2018

Thank you for your review. We are going to launch a new interface soon.

Christina from Cassidy, Connor & Pitchford

September 2015

Great product, very intuative and staff is always ready to help!

Great software, they always help when we need it, and have actually modified our program for us. Way better than software we used that was 3 times the price. Love that I can access anywhere and we get daily backups. Only thing I wish was better was ability to track my time. I want to see a calendar that has just my time. So I can see a breakdown of what I billed each day on a large calendar. I can search a specific amount of time (like a week of time or 9 days of time - whatever date range I put in) and it will tell me the amount I billed and I can click on each day and it can list what I billed each day.

Response from CaseFox.com

Replied September 2015

Thank you for your feedback. We will try to follow your suggestions. We can easily set your account so that you see your entries only in your Calendar view.

October 2015

Jim from Casimir Consulting Inc.

October 2015

This is the greatest improvement to the operation of our practice the last five years.

We have twenty two consultants located around the US and Europe. We had been preparing invoices on our own spreadsheet system and missing a lot of hours. The system is so easy to access that today I am confident that all time charges are made. Invoice preparation is really simple and the product is professional and beautiful. Raj was most helpful in modifying our application since we are not a law firm. We are a tax resolution company with special needs and nomenclature. He was very responsive and the result is totally satisfactory. When I read similar evaluations of products like this I didn't always believe them. This is real. My email address is Jim.Casimir@CasimirConsulting.com Write me if I can be of any help to you.

January 2016

George from HamptonHolley LLP

January 2016

Just what we needed

When my partner and I started our law firm 10 years ago there were only a couple of options for time and billing software so we chose the one that spent the most on advertising to small firms. We thought we would never change. Since then, we evaluated various practice management programs, but nothing seem to fit our practice. Each program tired to do either too much or was too basic for our needs. Scalability was also a big factor. Casefox fits our needs perfectly. Although all of us at the firm found Casefox to be intuitive, the customer service is outstanding whenever one of us had a problem. Personally I cant wait until the release of the iOS App.

Response from CaseFox.com

Replied January 2016

iOS app has been submitted to Apple. Should be live next week. Thank you.