Zola Suite Reviews

4.61 / 5 (111) FrontRunners

Our advisors have recommended this product 18 times in the last 30 days

Browse Zola Suite Reviews

Kit from Justice Legal Team, PLLLP

Best overall in case management software, but has minor UI annoyances

After using Clio, MyCase, and PracticePanther at various points in my career (and testing CosmoLex and RocketMatters most recently when opening a new firm), none of the CMS programs on the market have come close to ZolaSuite's comprehensive functionality. Having the ability to do not just case management and billing, but complete firm accounting/reconciliation is a godsend. The integrated CRM in the Enterprise Plus tier is fantastic - no need to have an outside CRM that may or may not fully integrate with your CMS. The email feature is the clencher - having an actual, FULL email inbox that syncs with Gsuite email makes keeping case-related correspondence a snap.

Pros

Robust program that covers everything from case management to client lead intake to comprehensive firm accounting. Easy to use and navigate for the most part. Integrated CRM and FULL accounting of all operating and trust accounts with triple reconciliation keeps the entire process streamlined and accessible without having to utilize a dozen different programs and hoping nothing falls through the cracks.

Cons

Has minor UI issues that can be annoying, particularly the inability to active a full subscription without going through a multi-step process involving both the sales department and support team at Zola. This should be a "click here, pick your plan, enter your payment method" process with no need to have it "activated" by the company before being able to use it. That being said, there are some additional features that I would love to see Zola add/integrate/improve ASAP (which I am sending to Zola as suggestions for future improvements). If these features were incorporated, ZolaSuite would certainly be a category killer and rapidly take over the entire market, but they are not "dealbreaker" items as far as I'm concerned for overall ratings.

Reasons for Choosing Zola Suite

After using Clio, MyCase, and PracticePanther at various points in my career (and testing CosmoLex and RocketMatters most recently when opening a new firm), none of the CMS programs on the market have come close to ZolaSuite's comprehensive functionality. Having the ability to do not just case management and billing, but complete firm accounting/reconciliation is a godsend. The integrated CRM in the Enterprise Plus tier is fantastic - no need to have an outside CRM that may or may not fully integrate with your CMS. The email feature is the clencher - having an actual, FULL email inbox that syncs wtih Gsuite email makes keeping case-related correspondence a snap.

Reasons for Switching to Zola Suite

Clio, despite dominating the market, is clunky and lacking in some incredibly basic functionality, plus they have basically stopped making internal feature additions and now rely upon third-party integrations almost completely, making the overall cost to have a truly full-spectrum software solution cost-prohibitive.

Eva from AXS Law Group

Zola Helps Greatly with Productivity

Zola has definitely made billing and invoicing much more efficient. Not just for us, but also for the client. Being able to easily pay their invoices has been very helpful. Also, Zola has a variety of reports you can run to see all aspects of your firm's financial and billing records. There are so many reports which you can create to determine how your company is being run.

Pros

The customer service is excellent. Sometimes a software can be good, but if the customer service is not as good or better, it can make working with it more difficult. I have always had great customer support whenever calling Zola, and I called a lot at the beginning of the software implementation. I don't call as often now, but I know when I do call, I will get the same customer support as I did when I called more often. The Customer Support team is very good!

Cons

In the Documents section, there is no way to easily blackline documents and keep newer versions. Zola's software does not recognize the newer versions of documents. I'm hoping they will change this in the future.

Reasons for Choosing Zola Suite

The reports aspect of Zola played a big part in making the determination to switch to Zola.

Reasons for Switching to Zola Suite

MyCase was extremely inefficient, and the lack of reports made it difficult to work with.

Response from Zola Suite

Replied May 2021

Hi, Eva. Thank you for your feedback. We're thrilled to hear that Zola Suite has helped your practice become more productive. Within Zola's document management section, you can upload new versions of documents and the current version number will appear on the right of the document's name (example: "Ver 5"). By simply clicking on the version number, you will see every version that was uploaded along with which team member made the update to the document, when it was updated and if it was indexed. You also have the ability to make a past version of the document the most "current" version. We understand that you'd like the ability to blackline documents. This isn't currently available in Zola Suite but a document comparison feature is on our development roadmap. We'll be sure to update you when it is released.

Jennifer from JVA Law Firm

Problems Never Seem to End

Overall - Be very careful before going Zola Suite. It's not a panacea. I'm currently looking into other programs that may be a bit more expensive, simply because Zolasuite has made me lose too much client chargeable time dealing with all their random quirks. I'm a solo practitioner and, literally, time is money for me. I don't have an IT department to deal with the growing pains that Zola Suite is making their users experience.

Pros

Robust all-in-one package, which makes it very unique in the law practice management sphere. Very reasonably priced for the functionality. Relatively easy to use once you get past the learning curve. US-based support that is very responsive (more on that below).

Cons

Where do I begin?! I have had nothing but problems since the beginning - and I've only been using it for about 4 months. I prepaid for a year and now I regret it. I wanted an all-in-one reasonably priced software that includes CRM, accounting/billing, and time tracking without having to integrate with other apps. However, the program is a bit slow and clunky (I have a new laptop, so it's not the specs of the laptop). At one point I could not access Ad--be pdf files, and I was on with support for about 3 hours trying to get it fixed. Turns out - they never saw this before. They fixed it, but it cost me 3 hours of client chargeable time. Next issue was billing. Apparently, I had to SET UP bulk billing (which is free), if I wanted bulk billing. No one actually told me that through the whirlwind of training I initially received. First month I sent manual bills - no biggie. Next month, I had my web developer set it up on the back end as instructed. Turns out we ran into problems. BIG PROBLEMS. First, emails wouldn't go out b/c ONE client didn't have an email address. Their response - just add a dummy email. So I put in a dummy address - result: emails with invoices were sent to the clients, BUT they had NO ACCESS TO PAY ONLINE via email link. I spent hours with them to deal with the various billing matters. Again - their response - we've never had this issue before. FINALLY - they removed Enterprise access to edit documents within Zola WITHOUT notifying me.

Response from Zola Suite

Replied June 2021

Hi Jennifer. Thank you for sharing your feedback. We're very sorry to hear about your negative experiences. We recognize that transitioning to a new platform can be challenging but we strive to make the process efficient and seamless whether you're a solo practitioner or a member of a 200-user firm. In reviewing your feedback, it seems that many of these issues could have been resolved with more comprehensive training and better communication during the onboarding process. We have shared this feedback with our dedicated onboarding and training team, and a member of our senior leadership team will be in touch to make sure you are configured for success with Zola moving forward.

Michael from Boulette Golden & Marin L.L.P.

Industry: Law Practice

Significant upgrade from our last billing software

Zola Suite is significantly improving the efficiency of our timekeeping and billing processes. We are spending less time to get bills out, and they are going out faster. I am very happy we made the switch.

Pros

First and foremost, being able to access the software via a web-based login is extremely useful, especially when so many of us are working from home. Time entry is straightforward and easy. I do feel like it is helping us capture a higher percentage of our billable work than we did in the past. Most of the reporting functionality is really great. Customer support has been extremely responsive and helpful. Integration with Quickbooks Online is really nice.

Cons

The transition from our old software to the new (e.g., data migration) was tough. To be fair, we expected it to be tough: we used the old software for almost 15 years so it had a lot of data and we were heavily reliant on it and very used to the way it worked. The Zola customer service folks worked with us tirelessly to make it happen and that was great, but even though we expected the transition to be difficult, it was slightly more difficult than we expected. Access to historical data (data imported from our old software) is more limited than I was hoping for. The default user types are a little too limited (there's no middle ground between "has all access and all rights" and "doesn't have sufficient access to do essential tasks") but the customer support team very quickly found a custom solution for us, which was great.

Reasons for Choosing Zola Suite

We found that Zola Suite had all the features we wanted, was straightforward to use, and was less expensive than Clio.

Reasons for Switching to Zola Suite

PCLaw had some limitations (such as lack of integration with QuickBooks) that were pain points for us. The major reasons for switching were ease of use (including QB integration) and transparency of pricing (PCLaw's pricing purports to be a one-time fee for the software, but there is a recurring charge for tech support, too; if you don't pay the recurring charge, you get no tech support).

Response from Zola Suite

Replied May 2021

Hi Michael. Thank you for your feedback. We're happy to hear that Zola has significantly improved the efficiency of your timekeeping and billing processes. We're sorry to hear that your migration expectations were not met. With an advanced migration, our team will migrate contacts, calendar events, matters, tasks, unbilled time entries, trust balances and more. While most legal practice management providers will not migrate historical financial data, we're committed to pushing the envelope and our dedicated data operations team is developing tools that will allow us to increase the volume of data we're able to efficiently and accurately migrate for clients. More on that to come soon! With respect to your feedback around user profiles, as an EnterprisePlus user, we can create custom user types for your account. A member of our support team will be in touch to help ensure that everything is configured correctly.

PeggyAnn from LaFountain & Wollman, P.C.

Great Product!

Time management has been greatly improved. I was very nervous to change software as I have been using the same software for just short of 20 years (we used the same software in our prior firm). The Zola Suite team was amazing at holding my hand through the process and making sure that we were satisfied with everything.

Pros

Zola Suite saves us time that we didn't realize we were wasting before. We're able to efficiently maintain and manage clients, files and leads all in one place. It also makes working from home as efficient as working in the office. Further customer support is amazing. They promptly answer every single question and concern.

Cons

There is very little that we dislike about Zola Suite. Anything that we have concerns about, they try to address and show us a proper way to manage. There are definitely some areas that are different than our prior software but that's to be expected. There are so many benefits to Zola Suite that we are not actually able to take full advantage of them yet as we are still working on transitioning to the system and learning the ins and outs.

Reasons for Choosing Zola Suite

Zola Suite was an all in one accounting, document management and time keeping software at a reasonable price. I also loved the look of it and the availability of support through the trial period.

Reasons for Switching to Zola Suite

We wanted a program that worked better for us in a remote setting.

Vince from Law Offices of Vince G. Portlock

Former (long time) Clio User Converting to Zola Suite

I have been a Clio user for approximately 8 years. I have gone to all but two of the cloud conferences. I think it is a good product. However, Zola Suite does three things better (for me- a sole practitioner) and that is: 1. Better email management; 2. Better dashboard for seeing my practice at a glance, and 3- Managing and utilizing Intake forms and Custom matter fields for quick input and access to matter details and using those details to create merge documents. Clio is good, but for me, Zola Suite is better.

Pros

First and foremost is the email system. All emails (both incoming and sent) are easily attached to the file with a click of the mouse. it is also very easy to attach a file document (a Z-doc) to an outgoing email or to download an email attachment directly to the file. Using the Intake forms (both shared and internal) are handy ways to have the quick information (critical dates, expenses, etc) at your fingertips. Finally, the dashboard is what I need to run my practice. It has the incoming emails, the tasks and the calendar. Clio's dashboard is 70% billing statistics. I concede that is useful information, but my home screen should be my day at hand and that is what I get with Zola Suite. Using the Matter-Specific Custom fields allow me to quickly (almost effortlessly) insert key data into a matter. Those fields are then easily incorporated into merge forms. The process in Clio (where you have to open to the fields and then search for them is time-consuming. (I use a lot of fields and create a lot of merge forms so having the ability to insert the field data quickly and easily is a big plus).

Cons

The inability to connect with services like Zapier. I have a love-hate relationship with Clio and Zapier. I enjoyed linking Google forms and Smartsheet and Clio. I miss having that ability. I am also having challenges utilizing virtual assistants with the system. However, I am getting used to, and preferring using just one system.

Reasons for Choosing Zola Suite

Email management. Document management. Intake forms and Matter fields.

See above.

Wendy from Savant Law Firm

Industry: Law Practice

A great legal management product for law office with awesome customer support!

Grow to love this product on a daily basis. Zola Suite continues to improve and update its functions and services offered. It makes billing and invoicing a lot easier. Highly recommend!

Pros

There are so many things to rave about this legal management software. If we have to pick, I would say its awesome customer service and its basic accounting capabilities offered.

Cons

Glitches and technical errors, especially with Zola Suite email system, happen more often than our liking; however, Zola Suite's awesome technical support team and their great availability and ease of accessibility make these problems bearable.

Reasons for Choosing Zola Suite

Zola Suite's pricing, customer service and support availability, as well as its basic accounting capabilities are what our firm is looking for and requires.

Reasons for Switching to Zola Suite

Zola Suite's customer service as well as its basic accounting capabilities are what our firm is looking for and requires.

Jack from Law Office of Jack Shelton

Industry: Law Practice

Pros

Zola Suite has been super easy to use. Although they provided an onboarding specialist to walk me through the product, I didn't need the help. The product is very intuitive.

Cons

There isn't anything that I don't like about the platform. But if I have to include something, I wish the Zola email offering would allow opened emails to pop out in a separate window or tab, making it easier to copy/paste content from other emails or search other emails for content while the one email is open. Not at all a big deal though, and it's easy to work around.

Reasons for Choosing Zola Suite

It was easy to use, the client portal worked very easily, and it has a great CRM.

Response from Zola Suite

Replied September 2019

Hi Jack! Thank you so much for your review. In regards to email, you can open it in a new window or tab by clicking on the icon that has an arrow pointing towards the top-right direction. You can also double-click inbound emails to open in a new window.

Conner from Fleisher Patterson Law

Excellent Practice Management Software

Pros

On the whole, Zola is an excellent practice management software. The onboarding process was smooth and we were easily able to get our client and matter databases uploaded. The built-in email integration is hands-down the best feature about Zola. After linking your email account, the integrated email application allows us to quickly and easily save client correspondence and attachments directly to the associated matter. The integration intelligently recognizes the senders email address and suggests the matter to which it should be saved based on the matter contacts. Billing & Invoicing is a breeze and has saved us so much time. You can set up invoice templates to display relevant information for your clients and then choose which template(s) you would like to use for each individual matter upon creation. It is quick and easy to add flat fees, time entries and expenses for matters, and then Zola quickly generates an invoice of any items you wish to include. Invoices are automatically updated when you add incoming payments and LawPay credit card processing is included with the software. Matter management is solid and better than competitors like Clio. You can design your matters based on practice area with custom fields to incorporate the most important information for those matter types. The matter dashboard/overview can then be customized to show all the most useful information (including custom fields) from all matters in one spot.

Cons

The CRM feels pretty lacking. The fact that it is included is a nice bonus over other practice management offerings, but the overall functionality isn't great. You can't customize the CRM/sales process stages or really anything about the CRM for that matter, so you have to brute force your own process to fit what is given to you. We decided to use a different software for our CRM because it ultimately takes too much time to manage and stay on top of leads in the CRM as it stands now in Zola. Task management is fine, but could be better. There are task templates which allow you to create an overall task (e.g. "client intake") with subtask workflows, but the templates don't allow you to designate individual due dates for the subtasks or set them up as dependencies, which would be much more useful

Response from Zola Suite

Replied June 2021

Hi, Conner. Thank you for your feedback; we're thrilled to hear that Zola Suite has helped to improve your firm's efficiency and profitability. We're sorry that Zola CRM's capabilities have not lived up to your expectations. Currently, firms can only customize CRM Sources within Firm Settings but we're working on a major update that will include the ability to customize CRM stages. With respect to task management, we're actively working on the ability to add individual due dates for subtasks. We'll be sure to update you when it's released.

Lucas from Johnson & Krol, LLC

Zola Suite is Great for Law Practice but could use Improvement

Overall, Zola Suite makes it easy to track time, billing, deadlines, maintain notes on interviews and phone calls. If Zola ironed out some kinks, including the ease by which emails are saved from Outlook into the software, it would be a top product.

Pros

Billing and keeping track of time is very easy with this software. Additionally, the "Tasks" feature is very helpful for remembering deadlines and the like.

Cons

Zola Suite does have a few bugs that could use some ironing out. Some days, some of the features are unavailable. At times, saving emails to the email page from Outlook is not as easy as it should be. If Zola Suite addressed this, it would be near perfect.

Response from Zola Suite

Replied December 2020

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback, Lucas! We're so glad to hear that Zola Suite's time tracking and task management features have helped you be more efficient. A member of our team will be in touch to discuss the Outlook issue you're experiencing; it sounds like we may need to update your Outlook plugin.

Katherine from Eric Kraft Law, P.A.

Industry: Law Practice

Intuitive and useful software for managing a law practice

We are solving matters falling through the cracks. We are able to save all emails to the file and organize documents in a centralized spot. Documents can be organized into specific categories. The accounting feature allows employees and supervisors to track progress and productivity. Invoices are sent directly from the platform to the email address on file for the client. The client portal allows clients to upload files directly. Payments made by clients are reconciled immediately. Matters are managed and tracked from a single place. The time keeping functions are helpful, i.e. tracking phone call and email lengths, with the option to auto-create a tyime entry. This is great product for solo and small firms.

Pros

The support staff is incredibly knowledgeable and quick to respond to any inquiries. If a feature is missing, they are quick to fix or add it. Billing is quick and easy, as is jumping to various matters. The calendar syncs to other calendar apps, making scheduling accurate. The reporting feature shows many different metrics of productivity. You can email directly from a matter and create a time entry, making accurate billing easy. Client demographics are saved and can be imported into new matters. The software detects email from case related contacts. Form documents can be added as templates that are auto-filled. The interface is nice looking and intuitive. Their customer service is unmatched. Client and admin functions are outstanding. It also integrates with Law Pay. You get exactly what they tell you you're doing to get. There are so many features, I'm sure we are actually underutilizing the platform. The mobile app is very easy to use and has all of the relevant features.

Cons

The task feature is helpful for remembering deadlines and setting reminders, but does not send alerts when a task becomes due or overdue. Sometimes there is a delay between an email being received in my inbox and showing in Zola. Email glitches happen with some regularity. There is no ability to pop emails out in a separate window. When we have had an issue in the past, Zola has been fast to respond and resolve the issue. They have added functions and features based on our requests. There are bugs, but they work hard to correct them.

Reasons for Choosing Zola Suite

The customer service on Zola is unmatched.

Response from Zola Suite

Replied May 2021

Hi Katherine, we're glad to hear that Zola Suite helps you manage your practice in a more efficient way. In regards to Zola's task feature, users who assign a task to another member of their team have the ability to receive an alert when the task is completed or overdue. Those who were assigned the task will receive an email with the task description and due date, and if the assignee doesn't complete the task in time, it will display in the "Overdue" tab of the assignee's task list. In addition, Zola's email client supports the ability to pop emails out into a separate window when viewing and composing emails. Please reach out to our Support team if you have any questions.

August 2016

Antonio from Valiente Law, P.A.

August 2016

Great product which keeps getting better & customer service can't be beat

Zola Suite is an excellent product which delivers in every advertised aspect. You get exactly what they tell you you will get. And if you're unsure, you get a free trial of the product for 1 month to decide for yourself. In the 6+ months I've used Zola Suite I am continuously impressed by the features the product contains (and the list grows on a weekly basis by way of updates that happen in the background). When I began using Zola Suite there were lots of features that weren't necessary for me as a solo-practitioner who just started his own firm. However, now that I have a secretary and two paralegals, I see how helpful & useful all the functions are that several months ago I did not even see a need for. Zola is an excellent company, run by people with a true passion for the work they do and the product they are selling. The couple times I have had issues that necessitated my calling customer support, someone was always on the other end of the line right away, they addressed my concerns & if they couldn't, they assured me whatever issue would be brought up to the developers to come up with a fix ASAP. And in the few occasions I had an issue they couldn't immediately remedy, they lived to their promise that it was fixed within a couple days. The reason I so wholeheartedly endorse this product is because I spent a lot of time researching the best case/firm management software for my firm today as well as my firm as I see it 1, 5, and 10 years down the road. I demo'ed all the other options as I did Zola and in the end even though Zola wasn't the most feature packed, or didn't have the most 3rd party integration as some of the others had at that time, I knew from speaking to them that everything I needed would be coming, and when it came, it would be delivered in a better, easier to use, more seamless package than any of their competitors. And after close to 9 months with Zola, everything I was promised has been delivered and then some. If I could invest my own money into this company I would do so in a heartbeat.

Pros

Great user interface. Reliable. Excellent customer service. Consistent updates making the product even better & adding new features (without charging you more for them).

Cons

Not every feature you want may be available today.

Michael from Justice Unlocked, Inc.

Great now, but with room to grow even greater.

Pros

The website and app are easy to use, responsive and have a fairly logical layout. It's easy to search and find information, and data input is relatively simple. Our office doesn't use Zola as an all-in-one solution, but for the parts we use daily (which is still most of the features), we're very happy with the state of the software. Customer service has been incredibly responsive, and you really get the feel that they are willing to invest the time in problem solving. I also really feel like my input has been taken into account as product updates roll out. The mobile app has improved by leaps and bounds. It is in an excellent place, and very usable.

Cons

There are still a few bugs and features to fill in gaps as the software matures further, but nothing that prevents functionality. I've been with Zola for about 18 months; what would have been my biggest cons 6 months ago have since been addressed. The email interface requires the most work, but it too is nonetheless in a good state. Tagging emails to cases could be a little easier, and moving emails to different folders could be more responsive and update more quickly. I'd also quibble about needing to use multiple tabs to get full functionality out of the software (at minimum, Dashboard, Email, and Calendar all need to be semi-permanently open because it's not easy to switch between them otherwise); That's not a huge deal, just a minor annoyance. Last thing, and this is very minor: I'd love to see a style update through the whole website. It's not cluttered, which is great, but I don't feel like it has a very modern look.

Joe from Breshears Law Firm

Industry: Law Practice

Finally ... a forward-thinking, cutting edge solution combining full functionality and ease of use.

Pros

The email integration is a revelation. Not only does it allow me to organize all email by matter, the automatic timer that creates a time entry for every email pays for the subscription by itself. Document management and automation are both outstanding in Zola. The user interface is outstanding. Every screen is logically laid out, packed with all the information I want to see at a glance, and visually appealing (don't underestimate the value there - if it's irritating to look at, you won't want to use it). The integrated accounting solution is excellent, including the ability to write checks directly from Zola. Everything about Zola suggests that this solution combines the ability to cover all of the usual practice management bases (calendar, tasks, time entry, etc) with the vision to develop and incorporate new, innovative features that will set new industry standards and to rethink how the ordinary can be done more efficiently. The option of creating a custom-branded app for your practice is just one example of what sets Zola apart. Another is the email integration with R-Post, providing the ability to send encrypted, registered email that provides proof of delivery and receipt. Litigators will love that capability. I've tried all the industry leaders, and I have finally found a long-term solution.

Cons

The process of sending an invoice could be streamlined, enabling the entire creation and delivery of the invoice from one screen (it requires a trip to the accounting tab to finish), and a send button would be nice, rather than the small share icon. Still, once you learn it, the process works as is. The client portal is new and fairly basic (with the exception of the optional smart phone app), enabling only limited document sharing, and lacks the private messaging and other functions I have found in other providers. But I think it is only a matter of time before Zola fully develops this secure communication tool. Email integration has been a bit buggy, but so far tech support has resolved any issues that cropped up.

June 2016

S from Logik Legal LLC

June 2016

A case management system that truly works for solos.

Zola Suites is a comprehensive case management program that is constantly improving. Its affordable, easily accessible, loaded with guides and tutorials to help us slow and technologically challenged lawyers, and the customer service is top notch. As a solo practitioner it has been difficult to find a case management software company that truly cares about your practice and that is truly there to help you along the way. Zola does that to ensure you are getting the most out of its software to improve the efficiency and productivity of your practice. Your questions and concerns are immediately responded to and resolved, in a professional, nice and friendly manner. And Zola is constantly improving upon its features to grow with your practice and the legal industry. Though there are tons of legal case management programs on the market, Zola after only a little over a year since its inception, is one of the best.

Pros

The task template which allows me to create specific templates based upon my practice and how I work versus a generic input system.

Cons

I would like to see the task template updated to automatically populate a time schedule based upon the user's creation, in which of course the user should be able to revise it as needed for each entry. I would also like to see more customized billing. The current invoices are too generic. Lastly, document assembly and a document automation component is something Zola should consider as well.

Response from Zola Suite

Replied June 2016

Thanks for the review! Invoices can be customized to add as much (or as little) detail as you would like. Our support team will contact you to help you reconfigure your current template until you are 100% satisfied. Document assembly and automation features are in development and will be rolled out later this summer. Stay tuned, you won¿t be disappointed. We are also working on updating our task templates to add more features and will reach out to you to get your input.

David from Endeavor Law

Zola Suite is Perfect for Small and Solo Law Firms

Zola Suite has saved me quite a bit of overhead, as I have cut out all third party providers with the exception of payroll.

Pros

Zola Suite allows me to manage both the clients side and the business side of my practice with ease. When I moved to solo practice I knew I would need a solid and easy to use practice management system and Zola has been a perfect fit for my needs. I also love the support Zola provides with real humans who are knowledgable about the product. Their follow up is outstanding.

Cons

I wish Zola had a better means for client to push a tab on my invoices and pay by credit card. Zola does integrate with Law Pay which has that feature, but the process gets clunky. That said, it is entirely possible that Zola has implemented a better process for credit cards and I am just unaware of it.

Reasons for Choosing Zola Suite

I chose Zola Suite over Rocket Matters and Clio because Zola had a fully integrated accounting system and the support was rated super high.

Response from Zola Suite

Replied March 2021

Thank you for sharing your feedback, David. We're glad that Zola Suite is helping to manage the business side of your practice with ease. We're sorry to hear you're having trouble with Zola's LawPay integration. A member of our support team will reach out to you for further assistance.

A must have for every modern law office

Pros

All the features Zola has to offer far exceed my expectations. The fact that you can tie every aspect of your law office in one central location makes everything so much easy in day to day operations. Document storage, data base, billing, expense tracking, template creation and usage, email. Everything you need in one location at the touch of a button

Cons

Emailing has limits in that there is no delivery/read receipt. In this day of electronic filing and communication, these features are very important to a law office. The app has a significant amount of limits that make its use a bit frustrating for our attorneys as they can't utilize all the billing codes properly for our firm.

Response from Zola Suite

Replied March 2019

Thank you for your review! We're committed to your firm's success and we're so happy to hear that we've exceeded your expectations. We do offer advanced proof of (email) delivery via an exclusive integration with RMail. We'd be happy to walk you through the process of sending one of these messages. As with the other features in Zola Suite, it's designed with the user in mind and you can do it all right through your dashboard ¿ no third party logins required! We'd love to learn a bit more about the issues you've encountered with billing codes. Our main goal is to help you run a more efficient practice, so please contact us at your earliest convenience.

Jeffrey from Johnson & Krol, LLC

Great Suite to Manage Law Practice

I'm amble to monitor my associates with ease. The problem, like everything else, was getting them to buy in. Once they did, everyone's life is much easier.

Pros

There is so much information that you can include within each matter, including contacting information, billable, documents, emails, etc., that makes it the only comprehensive choice that I would consider for law practice management.

Cons

I wish there was a dashboard that was developed for each matter that displayed everything in one comprehensive page, rather than having to visit multiple tabs.

James from James McMahon, Attorney & Counselor at Law

A comprehensive system that meets all of my practice management needs

Pros

The RPost (e-mail encryption and e-signatures) and LawPay integrations, along with all of Zola Suite's inherent features (case management, custom forms, document automation, document management, excellent time tracking, client portal, business and trust accounting, etc.) provide a seamless and paperless process from client intake and e-signature of the engagement letter to getting the work done to billing and receipt of payment. And, I don't have to worry about learning how to use another piece of software to manage my firm's books and trust account. The iOS app is fantastic and allows me to practice from any location where internet or cellular service is available. The system is easy to use and quite intuitive. Zola's knowledge base website and tutorial videos fill in any gaps on learning a few of the features that are less intuitive. Customer service has been very responsive on the two occasions I have contacted them. Overall, the more that I use Zola Suite, the more convinced I become about the wisdom of going with them for my law practice management system.

Cons

At one point, the e-mail integration was a bit buggy, and the merging of data from custom form fields for the document automation feature did not work as advertised on the training video. Fortunately, both of those issues have been resolved and have worked well since then.

Cindy from Cindy Blandon law firm P.A.

Best practice management!!

Pros

I love many features from Zola suite. Matter section is perfect. Calendar is good, too. Client intake forms a must.

Cons

Nothing! It is a perfect practice management.

Really easy to use.

Andrew from L&S Counselors

Practice management that understands that this is a business I'm running

Pros

The two big things that Zola gets right are the accounting component and work flow for billing. Before trying Zola, I tried manual spreadsheets, FreshBooks, Harvest, CaseOne, Clio, Xero, ebility, and probably some others. None of them got out of the way and let me run a business like Zola does. Yes, they assume that I have a dedicated office manager, but even when I do, why would I want to do that to them? Clio is close, because it understands the way that legal cases files flow, and if Clio were starting now, I think they would handle matters and clients like Zola Suite does. The alternatives I spend the most time with, Clio and Xero, are married to their cloud integration such that it seems that they can't add really obvious features because they would cannibalize (aka "Sherlock") their partners. Zola is a better platform because other sites that relay on integrations to other apps mean they have one-way sync and one-way is stupid for billing because I need it to be in one place not two.

Cons

There are some user interface things that I think will improve in the coming year. (For example, I don't use Zola for email, the fact that it is front and center doesn't help me, but that is not something I have to work around.) They publish their roadmap so I know that the platform is going to develop.

Ramey from The Ko Law Firm, PLLC

Overall, very pleased with the software, generally easy to use, really enjoy working with the compan

Handles most of the tasks of law firm administration and management with ease. Really makes life and running a law office simpler, particularly for a solo or small firm with little to no staff.

Pros

The responsiveness of tech support and customer service to not only troubleshooting problems, but suggested features and improvements, is absolutely top notch. That alone is enough to really recommend Zola.

Cons

Sometimes, the workflow can be a bit awkward, as some features are less intuitive or require more steps. Links that you would expect to be there are sometimes missing (for example, there is no way to click on the Matter on the Task item to go to the Matter page). For the most part, though, these things are often fixed in updates, and the usability continues to be refined so that clunkier parts of the site get better over time.

Kelly from Red Hill Law Group

Industry: Law Practice

I have used almost every legal software available. Zola is by far the most user friendly!

Time keeping is the biggest!

Pros

Zola customer service is prompt and very helpful. The software is user friendly and easy to navigate through. Time keeping and invoicing is very simple. We used to miss a lot of billable time not logging all emails, but with Zola once you open your email and select a matter the timer begins and is added to your matter time sheet when you click send! Zola seems to be updating their software often and offers new helpful features.

Cons

Caseway can use some work. Our clients find it difficult to set up their Caseway accounts. But it is constantly being improved with updates. The other, (although a minor issue) it would be nice to open attachments to view before downloading or saving to Zola docs.

Steven from Steven P. Gruenberg, Attorney at Law

Great Product for Solo

My overall experience has been very satisfactory. Customer service is excellent. When I have a question, I just type it into the help section and I receive either a phone call or email very promptly. As a solo, this product is amazing and does so much. The ability to do accounting and generate basic reports, which is all that I need, is very convenient. There is so much more that it can do, and I learn something new every day.

Pros

Zola Suites has helped me to be able to capture the time sending emails and making phone calls that ordinarily would slip through the cracks. This product more than pays for itself

Cons

i wish that Contacts would automatically link to my contacts on my Iphone

Reasons for Choosing Zola Suite

The ability to do accounting under the same subscription makes this product more cost effective.

Maryann from Jones MCGlasson & Arter

Practice Management, Accounting and Email/Calendar Functions all in one

We are solving the problem of too many programs to keep track of and the ease of use. Our issues are that there are only two forms of interaction with the program of administrator and user. We need an in-between level of some administration functions with the attorneys but not all the accounting information available to them.

Pros

Ease of Use and the combination of all of the functions of practice management, accounting and planning all in one program

Cons

Training is too much too soon. There needs to be an initial short training followed up in 30-60 days to do a more detailed training when everyone has used the program and can understand the program and ask meaningful questions

Not enough functionality

Ashley from George R. Tilschner Law Firm, P.C.

A great change!

We had been using antiquated practice management software that no longer had any support available, so it was time to make a change. We really appreciated ZolaSuite's attentive nature in helping our firm transition over to the new system, and really love how quickly the support staff gets back to us. We have had the pleasure of watching Zola grow and develop over the past year, and we would never go back to the old system. Being able to have access to our case management system from anywhere, without using a VPN, is so helpful and efficient. There are sooo many great features on Zola that we never had before and it has really helped our firm grow as well!

Pros

All the neat features that really help with my workflow

Cons

Some bugs here and there, but we understand that Zola is constantly being developed. Miss a few features from TimeMatters, like being able to cross-relate files and contacts.

Eric from Attorney Eric P. DiMarzio, Esq

The software is very intuitive making the transition from other software a snap

Pros

This software loads fast and is streamlined and instinctive. I am a former abacus user. It took me less than an hour to learn and master tasks in zolasuite that it took me months to figure out on abacus. In addition, the mobile app is huge if you are on the road. Even something as simple as being able to immediately create a timeslip for a phonecall you may have had with a client while waiting during a court recess is huge. It monetizes something you may as soon forget about when you return to the office. This means zolasuite could very well pay for itself based upon revenue you dont lose.

Cons

The migration from abacus was an issue. It occurred two weeks ago and what notes that are there are scrambled and attached to cases thet don't belong to. It may be worthwhile to handle this yourself.

Response from Zola Suite

Replied February 2018

Eric, thank you so much for this very thorough (and flattering) review. Regarding migration of your Notes, I'm very sorry we missed the mark on that; we actually pride ourselves in performing highly accurate and thorough migrations. I'm reaching out to you personally to make sure we get it right asap. Fred Cohen, CEO

Catherine from Blackburn Law Firm, PLLC

Industry: Law Practice

I am sorry to say that this company cannot deliver the product it promised.

I am afraid that I wasted money on this software. It promised a number of very useful features and was easy to use. However, after 6 months, the ability to manage emails was ruined by a bug that prevented me from deleting emails from my Inbox. This makes the software unusable - I cannot have emails piling up in my Inbox. Since the company is unable to correct the problem, I must move on to the different product.

Pros

The interface is attractive and intuitive. The features would be excellent if they worked. The invoicing system is easy to use, and the program promises a number of useful attributes.

Cons

Unfortunately, this product does not work and the company cannot fix it. While using the software for 6 months, we encountered several glitches. Until recently, we could live with those glitches. However, the software now refuses to delete emails from my Inbox and the company cannot correct this problem. The problem is severe - I cannot have emails piling up in my Inbox forever - and forces me to get rid of the program even though I prepaid for three annual licenses. In addition, the calendar sync with Outlook does not work at all (even though the company claims it syncs with Outlook) and it does not sync contacts with Outlook. The company has been unable to deliver the upgrades and improvements that it promised.

Response from Zola Suite

Replied February 2018

We're very sorry for the frustrations you've encountered. I'm personally going to see to it that we pull out all stops to address the issues you're encountering. Fred Cohen, CEO

Billie from Billie R. Morelli, PLLC

This is the most comprehensive Legal CMS in it's price range, by far!

Pros

The interface is intuitive so I can easily teach myself as I go. I like that almost every option is customizable to look and feel the way I want it to - without having jump through a zillion special hoops for the customization process. Just a click or two and I'm done.

Cons

Hmmmm, not much, really. There's a glitch with the google calendar sync where it duplicates entries too many times. But I'd rather it tell me twice than not at all! (I think this glitch is fixed now, anyway).

Jannine from Mutterer Law Firm, LLC

All in one practice management software

Very responsive. Love the software.

Pros

Everything you need to run your practice on 1 platform. Integrated email allow one less software program and saving communications directly to client file.

Cons

Email can have glitches at times but the Zola team is constantly updating, fixing bugs and adding new features.

John from Law Office of J. Curtis Brown

Law Office of J. Curtis Brown, LLC

I think the overall time that is saved by using Zola Suite is amazing. It streamlines most processes and you are able to capture time and do accounting for the firm all in one software.

Pros

I like the ability to have both a place to record time and calendar events with the ability to have the accounting piece included.

Cons

The thing i like the least is having to record a time entry and then check that a task has been completed. If it were all in one process it would be less time consuming.

-Edward from Radetic Law Firm

Good Product -- would subscribe agan

Saves me about 3 hours a month on billing and other administrative tasks.

Pros

I like the ability that this product gives me to blend different types of billing methods within the same client. I have been searching for a product that would allow both hourly and flat fee billing by matter and not client.

Cons

Still trying to get my hands around the accounting module. Not sure if I am better to wait for full Quick Books integration to start using that functionality. Need to have some method for accounting for expense disbursement which does not require the entry of a check.

Camila from Law Offices of Jorge Rodriguez-Choi

Industry: Law Practice

It has been an easy, yet not smooth, transition to Zola Suite from Practice Panther.

Pros

I like how fast the search engine pulls up names of contacts and matters. The functionality of the search engine works really well for our purposes, especially when we need to search a phone number or e-mail address, or any identifying information other than a name. The easy access to time entries is also very useful as a office manager. I also appreciate how readily accessible communications, notes, events, tasks, documents, invoices, and expenses are in the client matter.

Cons

We had hoped to change our template software but this was not possible because the fields merged by Zola aren't of any use to us in our firm. I would also like to be able to click on a matter name anywhere in the program and be sent directly to the matter page. Additionally, I would like to be able to link events, tasks, and e-mails to closed matters without having to re-open and close them every time.

Love this software

Pros

My favorite thing about this software is being able to access every case and document from anywhere. I also love the way that emails can be attached to cases eliminating the need to search through emails every time I have to go back.

Cons

The only negative thing I have to say about this software is that I wish you could save attachments directly through Outlook. I find navigating outlook easier that the email associated with Zola and it would be nice to be able to save it directly into a file rather than saving it onto my desktop first.

Randall from Randall V. Coffill, Esq.

Zola suite for single practitoner

Had it for a year. Building a great client contact list. Providing tasks to the office on the go is very functional

Pros

Calendar / task / mobile app really work well access by principal & staff — exchanging between staff works well

Cons

Financial component is weakest part — ended up getting a simple program for trust accounting. Just didn’t integrate the billing component— felt other programs did it better

lorienne from cohen, llc

User friendly system

Pros

What I like most about Zola is the easy access to email on the front screen. I also like how you can enter events into the calendar from the email.

Cons

What I like least about this software is the difficulty of creating templates. I signed up for training on how to use templates but it wasn't much help.

Response from Zola Suite

Replied May 2018

Thank you for your review of Zola Suite. We're glad Zola Suite is helping streamline emails and calendaring. Depending on your requirements there are a number of ways that document templates can be set up. We're going to reach out to you so that we can set up a few together via screen share.

Scott from Berry Law Offices

We have been impressed with ZolaSuite after switching from using Amicus Attorney for over 10 years.

Pros

The document management integration and email integration are extremely useful to allow our team to work remotely whether from home or court. I have also been extremely impressed by Zola's customer support as well as the constant innovations.

Cons

I wish Zola had a separate tab for phone messages and the ability to add multiple team members to events. Zola also limits the number of timers a team member can have up at a time to 5. This creates a problem if a person is working between more than five cases.

Crystal from Irvin Law, PLLC

Excellent Service

Zola has made my job as a paralegal simple. I can store everything on the website.

Pros

It’s ease of use. The software is simple and easy to use.

Cons

It signs you out after a certain period of inactivity.

Nick from Hameline and Eccleston

Industry: Law Practice

An extremely well crafted and deftly supported business suite

I think I've pretty well covered this in the previous questions, but Zola has really revolutionized and simplified how I do my work. I frequently have to work from home, and that always used to be a major hassle. Now, however, it is easy as can be.

Pros

Zola allows for complete control of any aspect of your business from absolutely anywhere. Provided, of course, that you have access to the internet. No more dragging files to and from locations, or being unable to check on work from home or vacation. A simple log in to the service, and you can be anywhere while still being aware and up to date.

Cons

There isn't much to say in terms of negative content that I personally have experienced. Any issues I can even remotely think of, such as site layout and template availability, for instance, have been deftly and quickly handled by the wonderful support staff.

From TimeMatters to Zola Suite

For over twenty years I have used TimeMatters to run by law firm, for both practice management and for billing. Recently, I switched to Zola Suite and couldn’t be happier with my decision. My main reason for switching, was to move my law firm from a local server to the cloud, and wanted a program that was matter based like TimeMatters, and processed email in the same manner as TimeMatters. ZolaSuite does both exceptionally well. ZolaSuite also helped migrate all of my data over, and worked to make sure everything was perfect. Lastly, the customer support and training has been beyond my expectations, with their quick responses and help. Overall a great product and only I wish I would have made the switch sooner.

Pros

Access from the Cloud Easy to Use iOs App Great customer support Easy migration of data from TimeMatters to Zola Suite

Cons

none - I like everything about the software so far

Better email integration

Sonya from Law Offices of Sonya J. Butts

An all inclusive package at a great value

Pros

Choosing ZolaSuite was quite the process for me, but in the end I went with ZolaSuite because of the integrated email and the fact that the accounting software is included. The integration with Outlook (email and calendar) has worked out very well. I also found the software to be fairly intuitive. Customer Service has been very responsive when I've needed to contact them (usually less than 12 hrs definitely within 24). I do a number of pro bono cases and like that I can track the time and create invoices showing the time without a charge by simply checking a box.

Cons

The only thing that has been disappointing to me about the software is that due dates cannot be assigned to subtasks in the task templates, only to the completion of the task as a whole.

Jeffrey from Janssen Law, PLC

Very user friendly

Pros

Ease of use, everything is all in one spot, great features, incorporates with my other software (i.e. - LawPay)

Cons

There are frequent updates to roll out new features. Although this is a good thing, things changing frequently in the software can sometimes slow down processing time.

Edward from Welch Law, PLLC

Industry: Law Practice

Easy to use software that easily integrated my e-mail and calendar making billing and storing easy.

Pros

Intuitive interface; easily syncs with G Suite. I took a demo of all of the top practice management programs and ended up going with Zola. I found the software is the easiest to use and worked well with how I like to organize my files. Honestly, cannot say enough great things about my experience thus far.

Cons

I have only been using Zola for a short period of time and have not experienced any cons. If I had to select a Con, it would be the lack of form templates.

Response from Zola Suite

Replied January 2018

Thank you for your fantastic review of Zola Suite, Edward. We want to make sure that you're aware that Zola Suite has document automation features and we provide unlimited complimentary training on how to use the form builder. We also will configure up to 3 routine documents for annual accounts. Please do not hesitate to reach out to our support team for more information.

Austin from Midwest Legal Care

Better than Clio with FULL accounting

Great experience. I've used other practice management software at other firms and this has provided the best experience and most features.

Pros

Full accounting, unlike Clio. Integration with gmail is a big plus since I use google for my email and file storage.

Cons

Gmail when viewed through the software can make it a little hard to discern what emails are read or tagged or not.

Reasons for Choosing Zola Suite

Full accounting sealed the deal.

Michael R. from Morris & Morris, P.A.

Easy to use, comprehensive case management software

Greatly simplified my workflow- able to most of the practice-management tasks in one place and access it from anywhere I have an Internet connection.

Pros

Integrated e-mail. So far as I know, this is the only web-based case management software that natively handles e-mail. With other programs, you have to BCC e-mails to a special address to save them in relationship to a matter. With Zola, you simply choose from a drop-down menu. Help is fantastic, both in the sense of solving particular problems and modifying the program as needs become apparent.

Cons

The basic accounting functions are present, but are the weakest part of the program. This is not going to be a replacement for a full-fledged accounting program like Quickbooks, but is adequate to the task of running small to medium firms.

Therese from The Law Office of Therese Connors Ebarb

Awesome program

I started a private practice and needed an all inclusive law practice management program. Zola Suite has exceeded my expectations and has allowed me to be organized, detailed and profitable. I highly recommend Zola suite to anyone...I only wish they had a program for my family's personal business as well.

Pros

The easy access

Cons

None

Allison from Hershorin & Henry LLP

great all in one platform - no QuickBooks needed

We spent months reviewing Zola, the people that worked there were so patient and helpful. Overall - we should have chosen Zola to have the accounting within the system

Pros

it has FULL accounting! Most legal matter management only has some money reports, Zola has full accounting, meaning you can actually run a P&L for your business.

Cons

I thought this platform was painstakingly created to include almost every detail you could ask for, in the end, my big boss wanted something that required Quickbooks

Reasons for Switching to Zola Suite

we needed robust tasking, heavy integrations

David from Arnold A. Arpino & Assoc. PC

Industry: Law Practice

Updated Review

Very happy with my experience with Zola Suite. I needed to use support to help set up my email integration with the platform, they responded very quickly by scheduling a meeting I was able to put in my outlook. When I needed to reschedule because something unforeseen came up, they followed up immediately with new dates for training.

Pros

Setting tasks, deadline tracking and calendar management are a big positive.

Cons

I love this software the more I use it.

Zachary from Law Office of Zachary Lynn

Zola was the answer I was looking for - big firm software functionality at a reasonable price.

Zola provides seamless integration with my existing Google Calendar and Gmail. The calendar and task management functions are robust with reminder options via Email or SMS. Zola provides big firm software functionality at an extremely competitive rate.

Pros

The seamless integration with Gmail and Google Calendar sets Zola above the competition. For anyone who currently relies on Gmail and Google Calendar Zola is a no-brainer. The calendaring features and task management tools are robust and the reminder options for SMS and Email put Zola over the top.

Cons

The e-mail association function appears to be manual only (no automatic filters/tagging option for incoming email) so the manual sorting of e-mails to associate them with files can be time consuming.

Scott from Law Office of Stephen Silverberg

User Experience

The program overall is very good. Sleek, easy to use, and the cloud aspects are great. But there are some bugs here and there and areas for improvement. There are a lot of little changes which can be made that would be a great improvement.

Pros

Sleek, easy to use, not too complicated.

Cons

Small bugs, some features/aspects were removed, new product that can use some changes.