All QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise Reviews

Justin

Consumer Goods, 2-10 employees

Reviewed April 2022

Very Good Accounting Software for Small Businesses

It is a good business tool that helped me get a handle on mostly all of my expenses. It has a few buggy integrations which was frustrating. And I really disliked the non batch tagging system. Other than that, I have found it very useful and have used QB for the past 3 years for my taxes. I do not use it to file taxes any longer, as I now have an accountant and I prepare everything in QB first and then work with my accountant to file the taxes. Great for small businesses.

PROS

I like that QB is easy to use and that I can connect mostly all of my accounts to it. However, I was unable to connect my Home Depot credit card for some reason. I have used QB to prepare a profit and loss statement for my accountant. I have painstakingly used this software. I have used it almost on a daily basis, as it helps to give me a clear financial picture of my small business. I can't see myself managing my e-commerce business any other way, since I have many transactions.

CONS

The fact that I cannot group tag transactions. In a business like mine that has thousands of transactions throughout the year, the biggest gripe I have with QB is that I cannot batch select and change the tags. The tags are so important, especially if running multiple businesses, which I was. Since then, I have closed two of those businesses for the very reason that I cannot properly manage it all with one quickbooks account. I thought it would be easy to tag things, however, it truly sucks to have to go one by one. Also, I dislike the "rules" it auto creates because for any new transaction type, it pops up and really slowed me down when I was already having trouble with my tagging and categorizing.

Reason for choosing QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise

QB is simply the most comprehensive and overall the easiest product to use to account for my small business. I didn't like the other options that I explored and felt that for the money, it was a good way to do all of my business and personal accounting.

Internet, 11-50 employees

Reviewed February 2021

Great Value for the Price

Overall, my company has been happy with our switch to QuickBooks. We previously used Netsuite for our accounting software, but the subscription fees were outrageous and the features were difficult to manage and execute. QuickBooks offers what we need for a very reasonable price on a user-friendly format. I would definitely recommend this to small businesses who do not need a lot of advanced functionality.

PROS

The QuickBooks software is very affordable with lots of good out-of-box features. AR and AP functions are very easy to use for novice users of the software. There are a lot of templated reports that are very helpful for weekly and monthly accounting tasks (Payroll, Vendor Payments, Sales, etc.). The software also allows you to add on a variety of additional features through plug-ins, which you can access for a nominal monthly fee. For example, the BIll.com integration is excellent for paying your vendors online, eliminating the need for mailing out checks each month.

CONS

The biggest issue with QuickBooks is their customer service department. Whenever we have issues that cannot be resolved by an internal administrator, it takes days and sometimes weeks before an Intuit rep returns our messages. We've been using the software a little over a year and have already been passed around to several different account reps. At one point, their response time was so poor I had to request a different rep. The other thing I find cumbersome with the software is the sales reporting. While the templates are helpful, I often end up with a lot of superfluous information, and the reports are not very malleable, even once exported to Xcel. This is an area I feel could be greatly improved with minimal effort from Intuit.

Reasons for switching to QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise

Netsuite was much too expensive and we did not use all of the custom functionality.

Kevin

Accounting, 11-50 employees

QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise

PROS

What I like most is its user friendly experience and ability to manage invoices from a diverse selection of suppliers / projects.

CONS

What I like least is it's limitation for successful integrations based on other softwares / platforms we currently house within our company.

Jillian

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 11-50 employees

Reviewed September 2018

Beware before importing transactions! There's no way to bulk delete them!

My bad experience erased all the good that could've come from Quickbooks. I just wasted two years of bookkeeping, two weeks of non-stop work in QBs preparing my 2017 Tax return that is on extension and I'm now going to get penalty fees from the IRS. They can't pay me for those fees and they can't give me back my time, but the least they can do is refund me for the two years of service fees that their representatives have rendered useless to me. I can't get any higher than a Supervisor Kayson in the Accounting Dept. I've begged and pleaded and told her that I know Quickbooks doesn't want this for their customers and that they should be informed of this disaster to make sure it doesn't happen to anyone else and she refused, after begging for almost an hour, she said there was no one higher she could pass me onto. It just can't be possible, but that's how I was treated when the worst possible thing could happen to me and my business. It's not worth the risk. Please do your research and make sure this doesn't happen to you!

PROS

No pun intended, but for the features that actually work well, they are very intuitive. They accommodate such a huge range of detail and diversity in what each business would require. Beautiful interface.

CONS

No one should use this product if you have to import a lot of transactions! 1. There is no way to batch delete transactions that you may import by mistake or that you decide later on you don't want (which is likely to happen because once you get over the learning curve and figure out how you want to use the software, you may have entered data that you no longer want). I found this out the hard way. After two years of data was entered, I was encountering issues related to how I originally added the transactions to my register and that I needed help fixing. But then multiple representatives kept only solving small portions of the problem. After the fourth or fifth rep saw my issue, she said that I had to start all over again entering two years of data into QBs. She had me disconnect my bank accounts, then "delete" them from the Chart of Accounts. This makes the account "inactive" BUT she failed to tell me that those transactions would never actually go away. They stay there in the background and mess up your reports. So because she had me then reconnect all my accounts and re-import two years of data for me to start over again, it essentially duplicated every transaction (thousands of them). Now my only option is to either manually delete every duplicate, which is not possible OR cancel my acct, create a new one and start over again. All the reps and supervisors I have spoken to have blocked me from anyone higher in the company. They refuse to refund me for any more than 1 mo.

Hi Jullian. You've been through quite the ordeal, so I appreciate you leaving this honest and thorough review. I want to exhaust my resources to turn this around, so please know I have the tools and visibility to help. I encourage you to reach out to me at your earliest convenience (QBCares@Intuit.com). That's my inbox, and I'd like to dig into your account and ensure these data entry and import issues are cleared away once and for all. I'll help you do so with the least amount of strain on you and your time, as I realize you have a thousand other things to do than delete duplicates. You deserve better, and I'll see to it that happens. I'll be on the lookout for your message, and I thank you in advance. Jess, The QuickBooks Team

Replied September 2018

Jessica

Accounting, 11-50 employees

Reviewed March 2024

Great for consolidating financial statements

PROS

Ability to combine reports from multiple company files

CONS

Customer Service tailored to QB Online users

Reasons for switching to QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise

Needed the option to create consolidated financial statements

Beth

Real Estate, 11-50 employees

Great product

PROS

Easy to use even for our staff without an accounting degree

CONS

I wish the data import and export was a bit easier but it gets the job done.

Reynaldo

Banking, 2-10 employees

Reviewed March 2024

Quickbooks are Super Helpful

Fits our needs fairly nicely. I adore that it double-checks my calculations, reducing the possibility of human error. I use it every single day.

PROS

I like this software and help me a lot in terms of accessing my financial records and my financial statement in a matter of seconds.

CONS

There is a minor issue with customer service; I had trouble canceling my previous account and was informed that it cannot be deleted. Other than that, nothing major is wrong.

Bryan

Accounting, 1 employee

Reviewed September 2023

BFoster review on QBEDesktop

I have 14 clients and they all use QBE, I push the product, not because I know it ,but because it a great product. I do the set up of their accounting system and training. My experience has been great with this product.

PROS

As a accountant and working with my client the reports are very easy to explain and review with my clients.QBE,is bmvery detailed and easy to use and set up for my clients.

CONS

There are no cons from me. My client has not came to me with anything bad to say about the software.

Reason for choosing QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise

My clients love it and it's easy from my clients to understand and use, and they understand the reports

Angela

Transportation/Trucking/Railroad, 2-10 employees

Reviewed April 2024

Quick books - quick to keep you organized

PROS

how user friendly it is and how quickly I learned how to organize my accounts.

CONS

The only thing I can think of that is a con is it does take a moment to load up on my computer when I sign in. No biggie

Joeffrey

Industrial Automation, 51-200 employees

Useful for my company

100% very accurate all the packages of this QuickBooks Desktop.

PROS

Easy to used not Difficult to manage the program.. thank you!

CONS

Easy how to manage in my company like of man power.

Amber

Performing Arts, 2-10 employees

Reviewed May 2024

Quickbooks great

PROS

Quickbooks is very easy to navigate and to help keep track of finances

CONS

There’s nothing I liked least about quickbooks

Reviewed October 2019

More than enough for our small company

We had to upgrade from QB Online because we use it for escrow accounts, and QB isn't designed for that. As a workaround, we created a new cash sub-account and payable sub-account for each escrow transaction. Pretty soon, we had thousands of sub-accounts, which really put a strain on it and made it run slowly. We transferred all of our data to QB Enterprise, which is handling that with ease and providing many more features. Overall, I enjoy using it. It's simple for employees to use, and it does more than enough for us.

PROS

QB Enterprise is more than we need for the small company. It's fast and efficient. It's straightforward in how things work, so training isn't intensive for new users. It's easy to upgrade from another version of QB and transfer all the company data into it.

CONS

It's limited in what can be displayed or used to sort in many of the windows. For example, the vendor screen displays all the invoices and payments, but doesn't display a running balance column. It's difficult to expand columns to display all of the data in a column. It doesn't remember column widths, so I'm continuously having to adjust the column width every time I open a window with data. Data in some windows can't be exported to Excel. For example, I like to export the bank statement reconciliation screen to a spreadsheet with my bank data download where I can sort and subtract to find a discrepancy between two columns instantly. But, there isn't a way to get the data in that window to export or copy. The reconciliation screen also doesn't allow for display of the cash sub-account or the offset account. So, I'm continuously having to open individual transactions to see which is which if they are similar.

Reasons for switching to QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise

Our chart of accounts became too large because we created a cash sub-account and payable sub-account for each transaction as a workaround to make QB handle escrow accounting, though it wasn't designed for that.

Providing the tools you need to get the job done quickly and easily is our number one goal. It's great to hear you found the best version of QuickBooks to suit your business needs! Many of our software updates come from great customer suggestions like yours. You can find out more about ways we're working to improve by viewing our Blog: https://intuit.me/2L2zqTv Thanks for a great review! Morgan, The QuickBooks Team

Replied October 2019

Reviewed November 2020

Quickbooks

My experience with the QuickBooks had been for almost less than 2 years and even though I was not in the accounting department, I had to maintain the inventory, reporting of general ledger, all the sales purchases made, and made sure all the products that we have physically available, they were in the system with their exact specifications so that at the time of creating sale orders, the exact name and specs would appear with their exact cost and the remaining product count would be the same as it was physically available.

PROS

The best part about QuickBooks was that it was online and we had the ability to work even though we were not on the office premises and it allowed us to work efficiently and effectively. We used it for inventory management, documentation, general ledger, Sale orders, purchase orders, and invoicing.

CONS

Even though it has customization in its reporting mechanism but it takes time and effort to get exactly what we want and at crucial times it gets a little hectic to generate a report where we need results faster.

Reasons for switching to QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise

This was a desktop tool and we kept getting attacks on our server and for that, we had to take daily backups in case we get ransomware and other attacks so that we could start from where left, at times it would get hectic when the hackers disabled all the accesses and the administrative accounts, so we had to recover the administrator password and reinstall the windows server and do everything from the scratch with uploading the last saved data we had before the attack. So we disconnected the server from the internet and it was only accessible on the internal network.

Construction, 11-50 employees

Reviewed September 2018

Quickbooks Online Review

Overall QB Online helps me run my two business from anywhere, I can process any amount of suppliers bills, make payments, run reports etc etc ... from my armchair if I wanted to. The 3rd party apps that sync up are great , you need to be prepared to put in some leg work to understand how this all hooks up but once you have it all set up it works a dream. I reckon I save 1.5 admin salaries per year using QB Online and all the other apps Overall...its worth 10 times the cost

PROS

We have been using this web based software for around 5 years having used the desktop version for 10 years prior to that. The main advantage is easy access anywhere with no concerns on backing up your data. These alone are worth the very reasonable monthly costs. I chose QB online as its market share attracts a lot of 3rd party integration App developers which help me streamline our processes and save a stack of cash on administration costs

CONS

Some years ago the UK based support was non existent, over the last 3-5 years this has been massively improved with a UK based support team. Can be a bit laggy when the USA wake up, this can be overcome by using the desktop application that somehow sync's with the Web based platform. I've never tried this, but can see how others might

Hi David, Thanks for taking the time to write this glowing testimony. It's been great having you as a part of the Intuit Family during these past 15 years. Your review perfectly captures what QB Online is all about, which is helping business owners save time, save money, and manage their business from any location. By the way, if you're interested in giving our desktop app a try, you can download it from this page: https://quickbooks.intuit.com/apps/ The app generally runs faster than the browser version of QB Online, so it'd be worth checking out. We look forward to backing your business for years to come! -Kristian, The QuickBooks Team

Replied September 2018

Audrey

Accounting, 1 employee

Reviewed January 2021

Great Cloud Solution

After moving my records and my clients record to QBO it has progressed smoothly and I don't think I can ever go back to my old desktop programs.

PROS

I like that I have the option to do small task on my iPhone and being able to access my clients and my own businesses account from any device if I'm away from my office. I really like that my clients and I can work on their companies books in real time together over a Video or audio call.

CONS

The biggest con is if your internet and cellular service is unavailable leaving you with no way to make your deadlines. It's happened.

Reason for choosing QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise

After reviewing my options QuickBooks seamed to suit my needs best.

Reasons for switching to QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise

I tried to move from Sage 50 Accounting to Sage one, which later became Sage Business Cloud Accounting. I followed the outlined steps (which initially required a Microsoft Business Subscription) and moved as the programs progressed, but at the time what they were trying to do wasn't ready and support was very lacking.

Kelennetse

Information Services, 2-10 employees

Reviewed March 2023

Easy to Use Software

all things are captured at ease even when using microsoft excel one can import its data to quickbooks with peace of mind.

PROS

Quickbooks is a great software that have allowed me to invoice and qoute and do all the accounting work that i needed for my startup business. It has a user friendly GUI and very reliable. one can interact with its feature easily without a hustle.

CONS

It only trouble when one tries to change the currency to their local market currency.

Reason for choosing QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise

I chose it because of the pricing and also the growth of the company dictated that i should opt for a bigger option and easy to use.

Reasons for switching to QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise

I wanted something easy and better.

Stephanie

Retail, 2-10 employees

Reviewed August 2018

Great for a novice but pricey

Overall, it's pretty good. If they could make their upgrades an easier transition and come up with a simple inventory conversion plan - I would be a happy client.

PROS

Love that you get the upgrades and you can update your system. Love that it is user friendly - I was able to figure it out with basic (very basic) accounting knowledge. It's also pretty forgiving in that if you do a transaction the wrong way, you can delete and redo it.

CONS

Two things: 1 it doesn't have an easy way to migrate from POS to Quickbooks for inventory. I am hesitant to change over as there doesn't seem to be an easy transition plan for a small business owner and 2 EVERY TIME there is an upgrade - there is an issue with our bank downloads. It's as if it takes a few days or a few weeks for either Quickbooks to notify the banks to update their code or whether it takes awhile for the adjustments to be made. This can be anything from not being able to download or import AT ALL or whether or not your mouse will even click when selecting a bank transaction. As a result, we wait a few weeks before downloading and upgrading to reduce the impact to our bank transactions. We have too many to hand key.

Hi there, Stephanie. First things first, I'll exhaust my resources to ensure the mentioned Cons are addressed. While you can synchronize POS and Desktop items and accounts (community.intuit.com/articles/1588763), I appreciate you broaching your issues with transitioning. Rest assured, we have a wealth of insights to help along the way. As a prime example, the article above is hosted by our Community space. Should you run into bank downloads again, I encourage you to check this other overview at community.intuit.com/articles/1501199. You deserve to upgrade your software as seamlessly as it's designed to be, and there's a step-by-step guide here: community.intuit.com/articles/1501544. As an added benefit, this article has handy links that cover what to do in the vent of an issue. As for pricing, feel free to reach out to me directly (QBCares@Intuit.com). I have the visibility to help, and can gladly discuss what cost-efficient options you have. Jess, The QuickBooks Team

Replied August 2018