All PayPal Reviews

PayPal Review

AUBREY L D

Financial Services, 51-200 employees

Reviewed November 2019

International payment system that stands as a gold standard

We now have a PayPal button on our website that indicates to clients that we accept PayPal payments and we now receive funds from everywhere. It is an easy to use wallet and you can make withdraws easily to your bank account or credit card.

PROS

It has provided us with the opportunity to receive funds instantly from our clients from all over the world. All this happens at the best lowest expense possible. The most important thing you can create and send invoices very easily to clients. We are also able to request payments from clients. The choice to differentiate between personal and business accounts, of which they are all free to open, makes it more client focused. PayPal exchange rates to other currencies are also good than other companies that rob from clients by manipulating currency exchange rates. Buyer protection is another best feature to prevent fraudulent sellers from scamming clients.

CONS

As much as paypal is making life simple and is helping building a global community, their introduction of fees when you are sending money to a friend across borders makes it unfair.

Reason for choosing PayPal

Paypal is global, works with many merchandisers, has good support team, they have good fees although they still need to reduce the fees, and it is simple to use.

Reasons for switching to PayPal

The skrill guys are fraudsters, they make fake promises and what they focus on is taking all your money out.

Kim

Real Estate, 1 employee

Reviewed June 2024

PayPal helps keep my business runng.

PROS

Running my business with PayPal has been a game-changer. It's smooth, secure, and makes everything from sending invoices to receiving payments a breeze. Setting up the account was a walk in the park, and integrating it with my existing system took no time at all. The interface is super user-friendly, so even if you're not a tech whiz, you'll be navigating it like a pro in no time. Security is a major concern for any business dealing with online transactions, and PayPal definitely delivers. Their advanced features put my mind at ease, knowing both my business and my clients are protected. Honestly, I've never had any issues with fraud, which is a huge weight off my shoulders. Another perk I love is the ability to access my funds quickly. With PayPal's instant transfer options, I can get my money when I need it, keeping my cash flow healthy and my business running smoothly. The customer service is top-notch too. The few times I've needed help, their team has been incredibly responsive, helpful, and professional. It's a great feeling knowing they're there if I ever run into anything. All in all, if you're looking for a reliable, secure, and user-friendly payment solution for your business, I can't recommend PayPal enough. My experience has been fantastic, and I'm sure you'll be happy with it too

CONS

Sometimes I have a difficult time locating things that I want. This very well may not be PayPal, but me.

Mihaela

Marketing and Advertising, 1 employee

Reviewed June 2024

One of the most intuitive online payment and invoicing solutions but can get expensive and inconvenient.

I used PayPal for over 10 years, to receive international payments to a personal account, send money to friends and family, and, occasionally, pay for various tools and products. This year, after registering a new business entity, I switched from my personal PayPal account to a business account. They locked the money in my account for 3 weeks, with no way out. I tried contacting support, sent them details of my old account, ID, screenshots, service contract, invoice, etc. all the details I could think of to show that I've been receiving money regularly for services already rendered from the same person/company for 10 years with 0 chargebacks or disputes, and even my boss offered to confirm all details and waive any rights to chargebacks but they refused to unlock my account and release my money earlier. I understand the need to protect buyers but their inflexibility is insane and extremely disappointing. After this experience, my boss/client and I decided to use wire transfers to settle payments and, since then, I've saved close to $300/month total from payment fees, currency exchange rates, and withdrawal fees. I'm now using the free version of Zoho for invoicing. I guess PayPal is faster than international wire transfer and easier to use for invoicing than other 3rd party tools but the $300 I'm saving every month make the switch well worth it. I also have colleagues who switched from PayPal to Revolut and they say they've saved money and are very happy with their decision.

PROS

I used PayPal for 10 years to send invoices and get paid for freelance work, send payments to friends/family, and shop online. It's the most intuitive platform I've used, very flexible and accessible to everyone.

CONS

Their rules are rigid, the overall costs are high, and the customer service was inflexible, unhelpful.

Used monthly for less than 2 years

Reviewed April 2024

Best Payment Service

PROS

I like Paypal as my best payment method for all international transactions. Working as freelancer or receiving payment from any organization or personal payment I always use Paypal for my all accounts. Easy to create invoice and send payment request through paypal. Receiving payment from anywhere in the world I only use paypal as my payment method. Although there's small difference in the actual conversation rate.

CONS

The only thing which I like to discuss is the conversation rates, some time the paypal conversation rate is different compare to any other alternative payment method. Otherwise service is best in industry.

Reason for choosing PayPal

Simpe payment method, hasslefree payment send or recieve. You dont need to follow or check the activity. Paypal keep monitor the transaction activity and also its update on app accordingly.

Carly

Consumer Services, 1 employee

Reviewed May 2023

Worst customer service and support ever experienced.

Absolutely the worst.

PROS

I have not had any benefits. The policies are vague, the support is misleading and dishonest, the customer service is amateur.

CONS

They closed my account after having received my first payment through my website.I called to find out why and they said someone would get back to be within 5 business days. Two weeks went by and they did not contact me. I called again and I was told they will not tell me why they closed my account and they will hold my money for a minimum of three months, which only then can I call to dispute access to my funds. I have no idea what went wrong and I'm extremely frustrated. I can't believe they run a business this way. They are not worth the risk... I have heard nightmare stories from other business owners who have used Paypal and have recently discovered many similar reviews on other sites. Use another company!

Reason for choosing PayPal

My website provider offered them. Seemed easy and simple at the time.

Lee

Civil Engineering, 51-200 employees

Reviewed July 2024

PayPal - a good payment way

Overall, PayPal is a good business payments solution for every business. It is easy for foreign customers to pay because it automatically converts currency. PayPal is widely used across world and many customers tend to prefer PayPal payments because they know are secured and easy to made.

PROS

The most important feature of PayPal is that is easy to use, you can use it online or via the app, available on Android and IOS. Is easy to manage recurrent payments and cancel when needed. All the cards are compatible with PayPal and paying or receive payments will not be a problem.

CONS

I am ok with services fees, but when there are high i must say is a con.

Petros

Performing Arts, 1 employee

Reviewed May 2024

Consumers are not getting good service

Your customers will have an ok experience until thy have a problem...

PROS

nothing I can think of here with this company

CONS

Your customers will have an ok experience until thy have a problem...

Reasons for switching to PayPal

Pay Pal is an awful company when it comes to resolving errors that paypal has made

Shaina

Hospitality, 2-10 employees

Great mobile banking

I love paypal I've Been using it for about 20+ years and over all haven't had any issues with it

PROS

I love that the platform is easy to use with just a couple of clicks I can pay rent send money to friends and family the security is much better then other mobile banking

CONS

I don't really have any negative things to say

Reasons for switching to PayPal

My cash app account keep getting hacked

Kelly

E-Learning, 1 employee

Great Money App

PROS

I like how easy it is to use, and how versatile it is. I have been able to use my PayPal for gas for my car, food, and receiving payments from clients.

CONS

Sometimes I have a hard time navigating to see payment history, specifically on the website.

Walter

Telecommunications, 1 employee

Reviewed June 2024

Best wallet to keep my money

The company is trustworthy and professional in handling my money

PROS

Paypal is a mult currency platform where you can simple exchange currency through their platform

CONS

Most bank in the USA support ACH transfer while paypal is a wallet

Johnathan

Broadcast Media, 1 employee

paypal and me

best app overall ot there today.... u got to get it

PROS

everything easy to use,money mnagement accessible and best bnking sofear out ther tody downd asap

CONS

loading dock support brower too slow other then that its right

Irshad

Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing, 1 employee

Reviewed May 2023

I am using PayPal past 2 years and it's perfect

PROS

Easy to use, all currency accept, fast payment processing app

CONS

Payment accepted very fast and transferred amount to bank in very low charges

Suzan

Management Consulting, 2-10 employees

Reviewed June 2019

Paypal Business Review

Overall, I've been a customer of paypal for over 10 years. I like their invoicing system, and how it tracks everything for you. It gives ease of access when you go into Paypal and you need to search for and track payment or invoice records. That's awesome. I am not a fan of the customer service that paypal has. Each time I call for help to try to fix an issue I'm having, I end up getting off the call more confused. They need to train their rep's better. I've had instances where I've had to call about the same issue multiple times, and each time I called about the exact same issue, I have been given different explanations, and also been told to do different things to 'correct' the issues, and 9 times out of 10, the issue isn't resolved. If you call with a simple issue, the rep's seem to be able to help ok though.

PROS

I like a couple things about Paypal. I mostly like the mobile app that they offer, because it gives you ease of access when your on the go. I also like that Paypal has started integrating new partnerships like Venmo. I really like how easy and instantly you're able to transfer paypal funds into your bank account.

CONS

With the new partnership/integrated apps that they have, like Venmo, and Greendot, they aren't a two-way street. For instance, you can't transfer money from Venmo over to paypal, or at least I tried, and it was extremely confusing how they have everything set up.

Reason for choosing PayPal

I am very comfortable with how paypals system works, and I've been using it for years. It's been the most consistent of all of the other systems I've used. Also, again, as mentioned, I like the mobile app that they have the best. It keeps me in control in an instant when I need to check my balances, check invoices and track transactions.

Kristen

Writing and Editing, 1 employee

Reviewed December 2019

PayPal is trusted and recognized - Very Useful!

PayPal makes it easy and secure to send and receive payments. The sign-up process is simple and secure. It is easy to add an account. PayPal has a clean, easy-to-navigate interface that puts everything right in front of you. You can find your account balance or what you're looking for right away. You can send payment requests to friends or clients, or send money to others from your bank account. Many online retailers accept PayPal, allowing you to pay online securely.

PROS

PayPal is one of the most well-known, trusted, and recognized brands when it comes to e-commerce and online financial transactions. Because of it's recognition, it's a name people trust. Offering PayPal as a method of pay to prospective clients or buyers is an easy way to allow people to spend their money with you. Using PayPal as a customer gives you a feeling of security that less recognizable brands don't offer.

CONS

Customer support for PayPal is not as robust as one would hope for a company dealing with financial transactions. Additionally, PayPal is one of the many online companies that struggle to find a balance in mediating disputes between buyers and sellers of online products and services. This sometimes results in legitimate gripes about PayPal making it too easy for scammers to get money out of honest online retailers. This problem is not unique to PayPal and it will take the whole internet and legal communities to solve.

Reason for choosing PayPal

PayPal has been around forever. I already have an established account and I am very satisfied with it.

Daniella

Marketing and Advertising, 1 employee

Reviewed March 2020

Awesome Overall

PayPal makes it easy to exchange money online.This software is tried and true year after year. I will definitely recommend PayPal to anyone who asks.

PROS

I love the ease of use. I enjoy the security they offer, and the various settings they offer to you. PayPal is a proven platform for business and personal users alike. They offer a level of security and protection that is unmatched with many financial softwares.

CONS

Though widely accepted, PayPal isn't widely used among many popular services available today. There was also a lack of customization when it came to things such as my preferred name.

Reason for choosing PayPal

PayPal gives me the security I need for both my personal and professional lives.

Reasons for switching to PayPal

PayPal has a very good and long-lasting reputation.

Tiffany

Luxury Goods & Jewelry, 1 employee

Reviewed January 2021

Prefer PayPal over any other online bank/money transfer software!

Overall, I love PayPal. I have recommended this product to literally everyone I know, and will continue to do so, and definitely continue using it, for both business and personal services.

PROS

I actually use PayPal for both personal and business accounts. Basically, they are the most full service software that I can find for everything I need from a bank. To me, they are way more than a bank or just a money transfer/pre-paid account. It's incredibly easy to use, from set up, to any added outside accounts, sending and transferring money to your account, and receiving money as well. Any money movement takes place in literally seconds. The fact that there is buyer and seller protection for purchasing online is fantastic. PayPal was actually what got me to start finally shipping online, because I trust the software.

CONS

The only thing I can think of is that it seems to be slightly difficult to remove websites/vendors from the automated payments processing. Sometimes it doesn't remove them. Also, I wish they sent warnings of payments about to be taken out.

Reason for choosing PayPal

I needed a product that actually works as a stand alone bank account, as well as a money transfer app

Reasons for switching to PayPal

I didn't like the fees for every single transaction with netspend. Plus the monthly fees, atm fees, just too many fees for crying out loud.

Karabo

Media Production, 2-10 employees

Reviewed March 2021

My use of PayPal(Digital Wallet)

It has made purchasing easy and reliable mostly with on line shopping. receiving payments from customers across the world is no fast and reliable.

PROS

The security measure your personal banking details are protected from hackers. You can put in double authentication measures to make sure you are using the proper PayPal account. cashback on certain cards( America Express card). I earn money back on my purchases. last but no least the PayPal Offers they might not last all year round but they do come in handy.

CONS

Losing access to one of the biggest consumer rights protection(Section 75 of the consumer credit act). The Inactivity Fee if I haven't used my account for a certain period of time I get charged. it's very difficult to use it in shops its not reliable in some retail shops. The Conversion rate is not fantastic.

Reasons for switching to PayPal

The security measures on them are very low which makes it a play ground for hackers and scammers. High Fees & Pricing.

Nelson