All Jolt Reviews

Aaron

Jolt transforms our workforce into an efficient well-oiled, agile machine

Massive operational efficiency.

Pros

Jolt has given us visibility into our day-to-day operations. It allows us to see where we exceed and where we fall short. Jolt provides the mechanism for operational efficiencies which can't be achieved with paper checklists. We love that we can organize every day in advance and ensure we're in compliance with food safety practices using checklists, food labels, and temperature probes. Jolt is our future manual for franchisees to perform their day-to-day operations.

Cons

Bluetooth label printers don't always connect but this is more of a hardware issue than Jolt's issue.

Ramy

Solid LMS

I've used Jolt over 2 companies, and it is far superior to some of the other systems that have a huge start up cost

Pros

Easy to build and use. Vey short learning curve. Highly effective. Eliminates the need for paper!

Cons

UI not as inviting as some other systems

Reasons for choosing Jolt

Ease of use and start up

Reasons for switching to Jolt

Playerlync was too hard to use and very limited

Leslie

December 2022

AMAZING Customer Service!!

[SENSITIVE CONTENT] made the experience AMAZING for us.

Pros

I learned how effective the software could be because I was lucky enough to have a representative who was willing to teach me. [SENSITIVE CONTENT] is absolutely amazing, and I will continue to use Jolt because of her.

Cons

Very overwhelming initially, it did take time and training to become more confident when utilizing the program.

Response from Jolt

Hi Leslie, Thank you for reviewing Jolt on Capterra! We sincerely appreciate your feedback and value you as a Jolt customer.

rodney

this is an unscrupulous company .. stay away!

terrible! any company that makes it so hard to cancel a subscription has no faith in their product. It is a billing scam!

Pros

we never used the software and tried to cancel the initial free subscription. They make it virtually impossible to cancel once you are signed up! after repeated attempts to send email on they're site with nor response we disputed the charges. No one ever responded or called back. any company that makes it so difficult to cancel a subscription is a good reason to stay away. they rely on you singing up for free trial and then never being able to get ahold of any to cancel. why would they not have any way to cancel your subscription online. High pressure sales and borderline criminal! stay away!

Cons

Response from Jolt

Hi Rodney, We thank you for your feedback and take your comments very seriously, as our goal is to make every Jolt customer a raving fan. Please feel free to reach out to support@jolt.com with any further comments, concerns, or suggestions you wish to share.

Replied October 2021

Alyssa

October 2022

Amazing for Restaurant Operations

We're using it for our three locations for three separate schedules and tons of checklists. We have multiple users every shift, every day using the software. I absolutely love the program and am continuing to take advantage of different features as we grow.

Pros

Pretty easy to use once you've gone through the training. The biggest pro for me compared to other softwares is the access to support all the time. It has been so helpful to be able to reach out to my contact for help and schedule calls for training--either for myself or other new team members. Another huge pro is how customizable the checklists are. I love how many different formats you can do. We've been able to customize it to our business model really well.We've also been using the Jolt sensors for all our freezers, which has literally been a savior time and time again! It's so easy to use and I love the reports you can access so you can catch a failing freezer before it's too late.

Cons

I wish we could customize our scheduling platform more to cater to our business.

Reasons for choosing Jolt

So many people recommended it to us in the ice cream industry, and after all our demo calls, we knew it was the solution to our needs!

Response from Jolt

Thank you so much for your review, Alyssa! We are so glad to hear that you find Jolt easy to use after the training, and that our support team has been so helpful. We are also thrilled that you have been able to customize Jolt to your business model. Thank you for your feedback!

Roxanne

March 2022

Jolt Gives Business Independence

It's been really good! Occasionally a migration or an update will down the app but it is usually resolved in a timely manner

Pros

I really appreciate that as the administrator I can write and program my own inspections related to my state, county, or company specific requirement without having to ask a dev to do that for me. I can get complex and focus on very specific areas.

Cons

I wish the reports for completed inspections also included the corrective action dialogues as one document rather than having to weave these two things together in post to get the whole picture

Reasons for choosing Jolt

We actually were recommended Jolt from a consultant who also works with Flying Food Group. It ticked all the boxes we needed so we didn't really shop around - we trusted the recommendation.

Reasons for switching to Jolt

Gleason sucks. We had to make changes related to covid protocol required by our county and when I asked for it to be done it wasn't implemented for 30-60 days in some cases because they insisted on managing the custom content. Gleason's interface and customer service also were terrible.

Response from Jolt

Hi Roxanne, Thank you for reviewing Jolt on Capterra! We sincerely appreciate your feedback and value you as a Jolt customer.

Replied March 2022

Melissa

August 2022

Jolt Review

First time using it at this job and the team is enjoying it here. Easier for everyone to see their schedule and ask for time off, also keeping the team on track with the different task they have.

Pros

The list is great for keeping the team on task. You can assign tasks to different roles for the team. The reporting is helpful to holding everyone accountable. The schedule is real time, easier for the team to see the updated schedule .

Cons

Only say the log in sometimes has to refresh before you can get into the app

Reasons for choosing Jolt

I have used Jolt at 2 of my other jobs and wanted to implement at my new job.

Response from Jolt

Hi Melissa, Thank you for reviewing Jolt on Capterra! We sincerely appreciate your feedback and value you as a Jolt customer.

Replied August 2022

Steven

October 2022

Save a ton of money

My experience has been excellent. the staff goes far and above.

Pros

Live time cooling monitoring Last night before closing I got a warning that the UT Wing Cooler was running warm, I was able to have the guys move 10 cases of chicken wings out of this cooler before they left. In the morning the wing cooler was not operational and we were able to save all that product. Thank you Jolt!

Cons

I wish it was integrated into more of our software

Reasons for choosing Jolt

More features and better pricing

Response from Jolt

Thank you for your review, Steven! We are delighted to hear that you have had an excellent experience with Jolt and that our staff has gone above and beyond to help you. Thank you for your feedback and for choosing Jolt!

Industry: Food Production

April 2022

Best Digital Manager

The staff was worried about using this product, but after a simple training, they are running with it. Love that as they come across things that need to be tweaked, that it is so easy to go in and change things up. One of the other things about JOLT that is fabulous is there customer service. Any questions we have are answered either with a simple email or at our weekly training sessions!

Pros

This product is so easy to use, to build lists/change lists and reports and the best part...NO MORE PAPER!!

Cons

We haven't come across any thing about Jolt that we don't like...

Response from Jolt

Hi Jennifer, Thank you for reviewing Jolt on Capterra! We sincerely appreciate your feedback and value you as a Jolt customer.

Replied September 2022

Rusty

September 2022

Love the multiple uses

Overall we have had an excellent experience

Pros

We love the multiple ways we can use Jolt to effectively operate our business

Cons

Currently, multiple apps that need to be streamlined into one

Response from Jolt

Hi Rusty, Thank you for your review for Jolt! We're so pleased to hear that you have had an excellent experience with our product and the ways it has helped to effectively operate your business. We value your feedback and hope you continue to enjoy the benefits of Jolt! Sincerely, The Jolt Team

Brittani

Industry: Restaurants

Fantastic- when it works.

Jolt has greatly improved our food scores since we began using it. It has gotten our team members in the habit of labelling everything because it is easy-to-use and has all pertinent information readily available. The issue is getting technical problems resolved in an appropriate manner; our printer has been unusable for a total of over 2 months out of the 10 months which we have had it.

Pros

The label feature for all food products has really helped us to drastically increase our food safety scores by clearly indicating when a particular product must be used by. We no longer have to mentally recall the hundreds of various hold times we have for all of our products and their ingredients, because all of that information is easily stored in the Jolt system and prints out with the touch of a button. The labels are also much higher quality than other sticker systems we have tried in the past, making dish washing much easier because they are removed easily with zero sticky residue.

Cons

The software, in our experience, is offline often. We contacted Customer Service multiple times to try to correct the issue but were instructed that we may need to send the entire printer back to be serviced and that we would get it back after the repair was complete in 2-3 months. The printer system is pricey to begin with, so it did not seem like an appropriate solution to be without what we were paying for, for multiple months. We also have issues with the calibration lining up with the stickers perfectly, but have discovered that if you gently pull on each sticker before printing it will line up more accurately.

Sabrina

Industry: Restaurants

Very functional, Easy to Use and a great tool for communication

Pros

I love that I am able to customize it for my restaurants needs. We have a lot of information and to be able to have one platform to trickle that information down is easy. From the lists, to labels and bulk imports, it is very easy to use. I also really love their customer service as they are always willing to answer any question I have, big or small and they really value feedback from "in the trenches" and strive to provide us the functionality we crave in this platform. I help establish this platform for several restaurants and file sharing and information is so easy in regards on how to build it, share it and import it.

Cons

Honestly, nothing. Every time it seems to get close to being "outdated" or not as easy to use, they ask for a call so they can help walk you through an update. They ask for feedback and listen so most of our needs are met and are done so in a timely manner. They make me feel like our restaurant is the only one they work with however I know they take feedback from many many restaurants and it helps to know everyone's concerns and voices are heard.

Denise

Not quite perfect but support is excellent and they take on board suggestions for changes

Pros

The scheduling side is excellent. Easy to use from both our employees point of view and payroll. Great record keeping. The list creation is sometimes a little confusing but support is always quick to respond and very helpful. The lists are a great tool for staff and we have found that being able to adjust them as needed to get the best result from the staff members actually responsible for completing the lists is pretty easy. We supply and sell food onsite to our guests which brings with it all sorts of food hygiene expectations from local government and a large amount of record keeping for this. The lists we have developed allow us to complete all requirements on Jolt with easy access when needing to audit the results. All staff find completing them easy. Auditing the correct completion of the lists by staff is also simple. This leads to higher compliance and can also be used as a performance tool with staff management.

Tyler

Everything in One Place

We now have 40 locations using Jolt for our daily checklists and logs. It is great having quick access to any list or food safety log in a matter of seconds. It has improved our team's accountability in getting the necessary details completed accurately on a daily basis. Not only does it help set the restaurant up for success in serving our customers, the Health Department also appreciates our electronic temperature logs! Some features I would like to see improve are capabilities within the way lists can be setup, such as conditional formatting and multiple items under a parent item. I would also like to see more customization around notifications. The notifications are one of the best features of Jolt! The goods news is, the Jolt team is very receptive to feedback and always tries to make client's ideas come to life. Overall, I would highly recommend Jolt to any restaurant looking to streamline their systems and eliminate all of the paper and clip boards!

Pros

The lists capabilities are currently the biggest benefit to us, but we have also started testing the Zebra printer and scheduling.

Cons

We like the scheduling feature but since it does not integrate with our systems, it's not the best option for us. I would also like to see more customization for the way lists can be configured, such as conditional formatting and more that one measurable under a parent item. More customization surrounding notifications would be helpful as well.