All Covetrus Impromed Reviews

Brian

Industry: Veterinary

No regrets with my decision.

Excellent. Customer service is vital to the software running properly and Impromed has excellent support staff.

Pros

Impromed handles all of our software needs and was the only company that could supply the technology we needed for our multi-practice business in 2004.

Cons

Training is essential. New employees take a little time to learn the software. There are several ways to get to the same location and that is difficult for some to grasp.

Reasons for choosing Covetrus Impromed

Impromed was only company to give us an accurate estimate for what we needed and had all the tools necessary for our business. I spent a lot of time talking to Impromed reps at a conference and they were able to answer all my questions because they had support people there too.

Response from Covetrus Software Services

Thanks for being a great customer and for sharing your feedback with us.

Replied August 2021

Fredrik

Veterinary support software, good but room to become great!

We are happy with the software, but it's mostly because there is no better competition. The top competitors have some things better, but other things not so good. Would recommend this software to any medium or large size practice. Suggestion for new feature would also be a id card login system, so that with computers in each exam room, the computer is locked when the tech is leaving the room and fast and secure to login when the tech or doctor is back.

Pros

This is a software with many good functions, integrations with multiple other systems such as Idexx etc. We have customized "vetnotes" and start to see positive effects in our hospital due to this. Easy Time works well and medical records is also well functioning.

Cons

One important thing with a practice software is to be able to set reminders for different users. So you can have "call backs" or tasks that needs to be done set to individual users or groups. Now there is on list that can't be customized at all for a regular 3 doctor practice use. "Easy Time" is a good tool, but setting up a booking calendar that for instance have color coding in the background for different use of the time slot, for instance annual, nurse or problem appointment slot is very hard to setup. Would be great with a template that you could import for a standard week and make minor adjustments as needed, now you have to set up each block for each column induvidually, can only select day, week or month for one slot... Very time consuming. Also, we use the plug in reminder system to be able to have clients book certain appointments directly online etc. which is great, but the system is not very flexible. Lot's more to ask about there when it comes to control of number of annuals per day, etc. The software is very sensitive to network connections. We tried to use laptops for portability, but even with a Sonic Wifi system, we couldn't maintain a good enough wifi in our building to not have any interuptions, which means that you have to close the software and open up, login and open up every module again. Would be great with a standard set of modules opened up automatically depending on what user logs in.

Reasons for choosing Covetrus Impromed

Price and at the time Impromed was owned by a smaller company, now it a big corporation as well as Idexx which is normally no good for us small businesses. We will see how this goes.

Reasons for switching to Covetrus Impromed

We used Intravet and their customer service became unavailable and the updates further and further out from each other. Changed to VIA and their support was better, but not available enough to even get the basic functions up running smooth... We then changed over to Infinity and support was good, after a while new [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] came around and the support disappeared for a while and started to come back when it now is sold again and most of the time you get a ticket that they will come back to you when they have time to work on it, which is very painful when you feel that it's minor thing that you should have help with right away. All staff is professional and helpful, but many of them too new at the job so they always have to talk to more senior staff members to solve the problem.

Erich

Not what it used to be

Before Henry Schein bought this company and software, I thought this was a great product - which is why I introduced it to our practice 2+ years ago. Having struggled with it since, I would not recommend this software to anybody. Save your money and get a different software -- there are several with the same features that run more smoothly and have better support.

Pros

The appeal of Impromed is the potential for customization to suit your practice. It also contains numerous features, but I'll get into that more in the Cons section.

Cons

Support for this software is non-existent. Get ready to open your veins for an expensive 'tech support' package that they'll inevitably push down your throat if you want any patches/fixes or updates to the software - and it's riddled with bugs and errors. When you can even get someone from tech support, 80-90% of the time they are unable to fix the problem you have. Most seem to be inexperienced with the software in general, meaning they will need to escalate to a higher level technician who will more than likely not call you back. New features that their webinars superficially demonstrate without getting into practical use...expect that tech support will know no more than you. Get ready to be a beta-tester for free. Although it has lots of modules - each to address a certain feature practices have asked for - most of them do not work well together. This is part of why the learning curve for new staff is so high and your practice manager will struggle to make things more streamlined for them. There are many ways to do the same task in this software, but this usually results in confused staff. The software is not very efficient, meaning its going to run very slowly on anything other than a 4+-core PC. The latest updates have made the software even slower.

Response from Henry Schein Veterinary Solutions

Hi Dr. Roush, Thank you for sharing your feedback! We agree that ImproMed is customizable to suit the needs of your practice. We're sorry to read about your dissatisfaction with Support and the varying features of ImproMed. I've shared this information with our Executive, Product Management, and Support teams. If you ever have additional feedback you'd like to share, please email it to us at HSVS.Solutions@HenryScheinVet.com.

Replied November 2018

Brandy

Versatile Program w/ Some Kinks

When we first chose to get Impromed in 2016, the customer support was fantastic. This was a huge factor in our choosing this product over others, because as a new user we knew we would have some hiccups. Since then, the support has gone downhill quite a bit, especially in terms of consistency. Sometimes when you call in, you get an excellent technician who knows exactly what you need and helps you quickly and efficiently. Other times the person fumbles about and you can tell that they just aren't as knowledgeable, which often leads to frustration for the customer and the technician needing to escalate the problem, which does not lead to an immediate transfer but instead to someone having to call you back (which can be difficult in a busy practice). This would certainly be understandable if it was a really complicated issue, but sometimes I know what needs to happen (I'm just not personally skilled enough in I.T. to do it) and the person just doesn't even know as much as I do.

Pros

I love that it's very user friendly for daily users on the front end. Adding items to medical records and invoicing are very easy aspects of the program. I also like how customizable everything is.

Cons

Because of how much the program can do, some of the more advanced functions of the program and the setup options can be confusing. There are also some very basic kinks that could be worked out, but I'm not sure that those items are on Impromed's agenda. Overall, those few things don't hinder our overall use of the program.

Reasons for choosing Covetrus Impromed

Cornerstone didn't respond to me when I reached out for a demo. AviMark and IntraVet didn't seem as advanced or capable as Impromed (demos left something to be desired - I have since used AviMark elsewhere and found it to be a capable program, but with its own limitations, and I prefer Impromed still even after learning AviMark). I liked IDEXX Neo, but it was just in its infancy as a program and I didn't want to be one of the first users of a program that was so important to our practice. I loved VIA and it was the runner up because it was so user friendly and visually appealing. In the end Impromed won out because I had heard that VIA didn't have the best customer support and that people who had the software would often have to leave messages and wait a week or more to hear back, which seemed scary to me as a new user and someone who would likely need a lot of support initially. I'm not sure if that was accurate or not (or what their support is like now), but that concerned me enough to choose Impromed (our old program was also an Impromed product, so I was very familiar with the support and really liked how helpful they were at the time).

Reasons for switching to Covetrus Impromed

DVM Manager was no longer being updated and we needed a more robust program with comprehensive electronic medical record capability.

Riki

Impromed

Overall it was wonderful. Towards the end it was hard to use but that was because our hardware was extremely old and we couldn't update to the newest version without buying all new hardware which the practice owner couldn't afford to do. BUT that said, the functionality we had was great.

Pros

Just to start - Our practice USED to use Impromed Infinity - in 2016 we changed to Cornerstone due to budgetary concerns of our practice owner. That said, I miss infinity. It was so much easier to use, I hate having to tab through Cornerstone for everything. Infinity had a written script option, I could (with password protection) change invoices from one doctor to another, we could do year over year by month reports of inventory. The boarding module was spectacular, I feel like with CS I am back in the stone age. I loved it.

Cons

The only thing I can remember having issues with, was some of the reporting functions that the owner wanted. Client retention etc. But otherwise the modules were great. I also absolutely loved the message center - I am in charge of client billing and that is where I stored all of my notes on the different issues I had.

Reasons for choosing Covetrus Impromed

better functions and modules. It could do more than any of the others at that time.

Reasons for switching to Covetrus Impromed

At that time, Infinity had much more funtionality than the other software we looked at which was Cornerstone, DVMax, Intravet and I forget the other.

Response from Covetrus

Hello Riki! First off, we miss you too! It sounds like your team utilized a lot of the great features within ImproMed. You'll be happy to know we improved our reporting, and continue to improve, especially around client retention. We also now offer a patient recapture program that brings back lapsed patients-- and practices are only charged upon performance, AKA when patients come back. Talk about a game-changer. Give us a call, we'll be happy to have you back. We want you to be part of the new Covetrus family! All the best!

Replied September 2019

MaryKay

Impromed

Overall a good medical software but could use some improvement with support.

Pros

Easy to use and is great for detailed medical records.

Cons

Took years to find out why it was slowing down at the top of the hours. Was sure it was because of their hourly backup and it was but was always told by support that it was some other reason. Was very difficult getting support that new the software that was able to find the backup issue and fix it.

Reasons for choosing Covetrus Impromed

Other practices in the are used Impromed and was able to see it working before purchasing

Reasons for switching to Covetrus Impromed

Too many issues with that software. Harder to use.

laura

Impromed for Dummies

Reports are great and easy. Our inventory control is reliable and it is easy to spot problems. Client communication is improved.

Pros

I purchased this software with the intent of going paperless for medical records and at the time Impromed was the best one available for this - it has the capability of doing do much stuff that we would use every day. The common reports available are easy to access and if there is a report or a search that we would like to do, impromed comes up with a search that works for us. Inventory management is complex but once mastered is a tremendously powerful tool.

Cons

Whenever we have a windows 10 update (not optional as to time or place) come through, it tends to either crash our server or cause problems with all of our printers and other connections. Other than that, we rarely have issues with the software.

Reasons for choosing Covetrus Impromed

Again, impromed had better inventory capability and better paperless capability

Reasons for switching to Covetrus Impromed

At the time DVMax was cumbersome and the inventory capabilities were minimal

Cleva

ImproMed Review

Pros

We no longer use ImproMed due to NVA using AVImark. We used it for 6 years and once we became comfortable with the system, everyone enjoyed using it. We liked the ability to upload photos into the dental record. At the time we were able to upload pet photos for their reminder cards. The clients really enjoyed receiving their pet's photo on the reminder card.

Cons

Creating forms could sometimes be a challenge.

Reasons for switching to Covetrus Impromed

I was unable to speak with a sales person at Cornerstone at the time we were needing to increase our workstation numbers. There was a lady who informed me since I was a current user, I was not able to speak with a sales person. I explained we were increasing workstation numbers from 5 to at least 20, we were interested in the Whiteboard and tablets. I wanted to speak with someone who could ensure I was making the correct decisions so a we grew, we would be able to add more equipment with minimal obstacles. She would not comply, so I was introduced to ImproMed. A sales rep came to meet with me and we were sold on ImproMed.

Kristen

Industry: Veterinary

Could be a great product, but has some issues

Pros

Overall the layout is good and easy to learn and is in a logical place. Invoices are easy to create and there is a decent selection of reports to choose from.

Cons

Patients with split billing are a nightmare. On statements, charges for split billed patients are listed in a very confusing way and it doesnt' list what percentage each owner gets billed for. Our clients complain all the time and don't understand what they are being charged for. also, if there is a revision that needs to be made, the next statement doesn't give details on what was changed or what horse it was for, it just shows misc charges/credits at the end of the statement. Not helpful at all!! Syncing laptops to the server take forever!!! The usual sync takes about 1.5 hours and sometimes more. Yes we do the document sync, but I don't know why it has to copy every single file every single time. It needs to just copy over the new items and skip everything that it already has. The report selection, while decent, could be better. There should be more options to choose from for each report. Mobile units cannot add new cities or other certain new info into the database. clients out in the field cannot get a receipt with their full correct address until after the info has been added through the office server. It just looks tacky and is a waste of our time to have to go back and revise things. After almost every "update" there is at least one computer that has a problem. Something always seems to go wrong and I have to pull the computer from the field so my vet has no computer to work from for an additional day.

Reasons for switching to Covetrus Impromed

unreliable product and needed more modern software options

Kendra

15 years experience with Impromed...most of it good

Pros

I love that it's so customizable and that there are multiple ways to do the same way. It allows for the user to develop his/her favorite/most efficient way to use the system.

Cons

It's complicated at first. Simply because there are so many ways to do things, before you know which way you like to utilize the system, it can be overwhelming.

Response from Henry Schein Veterinary Solutions

Hi Kendra, Thanks for your feedback! We appreciate that you've been a long time user and have taken the time to learn the ins and outs of our software. If you ever have questions about the way you're doing something, or a new way to do something, don't hesitate to reach out!

Replied June 2018

kaleen

14 years and counting

Many forms we can now do on the computer and print out for the client.

Pros

This software is user friendly, much more advanced than what we had, one click away for many different procedures

Cons

The appointment scheduler would be better if the designer had an actual job making appointments

Reasons for choosing Covetrus Impromed

The look of the different pages was easy to read and understand, only 1 click to get to more information, less time with support

Reasons for switching to Covetrus Impromed

Upgrade, more ways to do jobs that used to take forever, easy to use reports. Convenient ways to do product comparisons and track sales

Louise

Animal Care Clinic - long term user

It has varied through the years. The transition to Covetrus has been difficult, but I think it is getting better with the differences.

Pros

Ability to customize and integration of sectors

Cons

That's a hard question. Often updates and upgrades aren't what you want and you prefer older version, eventually you have to go forward.

More options and room for customization in 1997

Kris

Impromed User since 2012

From preinstall preparation to use over the past 8+ years, we have been pretty happy with Impromed. You have some of the nicest tech support people and it's a pleasure to work with them. Since this was a new practice, we had no database conversion to deal with thankfully!

Pros

Generally very intuitive to use. The financial reports generated are great to use. (now if I could get the team to balance at the end of day, I'd be doing good!)

Cons

The Inventory Module needs serious revamping: The out of stock bin in the inventory module is a waste of time as it affects the total inventory value and you have to go digging to find the issue. The Inventory Category report needs to be accessible at any time after the close of the month. Currently if you miss printing it you're out of luck. Everything else seems to be date dependent...not Inventory. Also needs a count sheet for when performing a large scale inventory count without killing a ton of trees. Not everyone has a bar code reader ( or needs one) but there's not a count sheet that doesn't include it. Also there needs to be a way to "hide" products no longer in use or in the hospital so that you are only looking at active inventory in ALL THE REPORTS. I can go on, but you get the idea

cost, etc

Joanne

Industry: Veterinary

Good software suffers from poor support

This is a good software that could be great if the company actually listened to its customers and implemented suggested changes. When I recommend it to others I do so with an asterisk that customer service is lacking.

Pros

Generally easy to use, often offers multiple ways of performing a function which is nice as people have different ways of learning and working. There are some functions that we kind of take for granted but that help us run more efficiently such as the Recents Lists and Quick Search.

Cons

Software support is the worst! Since we're on the west coast chat support is often closed when we need them. When I call their first response is to want to login and do/fix what I'm asking about, which of course is quicker for them but does nothing to help me learn how to do it myself so I don't have to contact them next time the question arises. Support is very spotty: some techs are great, others do not have adquate knowledge of the product. There are multiple issues within the software that it seems would be relatively easy to fix but the feeling seems to be "it's always been like that" and so they're not fixed. Issues that impede efficiency (for example, having to get completely out of a report screen just to change the dates on the report, instead of offering a back button so all data doesn't have to be input again). In some cases it feels like something was done because it was easy from a coding perspective but in actual usage it is very inelegant. But when these are pointed out it is typically met with a shrug and the aforementioned "that's just the way it is" attitude. Change is excruciatingly slow. The last update ruined our ability to easily ascertain how many new clients we've gotten within any given time frame, which is a critical metric for our continued growth, and the problem has been acknowledged but as far as I know nothing has been done to correct it. Communication in this regard is also lacking.

Reasons for choosing Covetrus Impromed

Preferred some of ImproMed's security measures over others.

Margaret