All 7shifts Reviews

7Shifts Review: 7Shifts Leads to Success

Jayelynn

Reviewed September 2019

Helpful and Easy to Use

Overall, it's easy and convenient to use and cheaper than some of the similar apps.

PROS

You can work from the website or from the app which is convenient if you're bouncing between locations. On the website, I can preset shift times for faster scheduling. You can set multiple roles which is beneficial for staff that do multiple things. You can assign an hourly to each role as well, so you can see an approximation of your labor for the week.

CONS

Unfortunately, the preset shift times do not translate over to the app so you do have to manually do it which takes a little more time. Although I have my preference set to get push notifications for almost all the app features, they don't always come through.

Reason for choosing 7shifts

7shifts was less expensive and much easier to use plus it integrated with our point of sale system.

Thanks for the review Jayelynn! We appreciate your feedback and love hearing that 7shifts can help you keep your schedules straight from anywhere. I've passed along your request regarding preset shifts on the app to our mobile development team for further consideration. Thank you!

Replied September 2019

Matthew

Music, 11-50 employees

Matt C's review

Easy to use and track scheduling, great and fast customer service!

PROS

Ease of scheduling and ability to change and trade shifts on mobile.

CONS

It can be a bit hard to navigate on mobile sometimes.

Reasons for switching to 7shifts

Expedite schedule making and tracking of shifts.

Thank you for taking the time to share your positive experience with 7shifts! We love hearing about how 7shifts has positively impacted your restaurant. If there is ever anything we can help with, our team is here for you. Feel free to reach out to reviews@7shifts.com for any extra feedback or questions.

Used less than 2 years

Reviewed November 2019

7Shifts and More?

The team loved 7shifts since it was so user friendly and easy to access from PC or mobile. Unfortunately, forecasting is obviously a big issue when it comes to scheduling so we moved on.

PROS

I liked the messaging platform it had for teams. I enjoyed the ease of seeing team member roles. I liked the ease of seeing the daily line up of teams in different departments. I enjoyed being able to flag attendance within the app and reports generated from that.

CONS

I did not like third party app integrations that users would be automatically opted into. Forecasting was a bit clunky also unfortunately.

Reason for choosing 7shifts

We didnt. We went with HotSchedules.

Hi there, thanks for the review. We appreciate your feedback and really appreciate you sharing with us what you liked, and what you did not like about 7shifts. In regards to sales/labor forecasting, this is something we are always looking to improve so we appreciate your candor. We strive to provide all of our customers with at least 95% accuracy in forecasting, so if this was something we have not lived up to we want to make it right and work with you to improve your experience. Please reach out to our team any time and we would be happy to help! On that note, we just released our new Optimal Labor tool which provides hourly sales forecasts which are even more intuitive and transparent. The goal here is to provide managers and operators a visual representation of their labor needs to help them more easily hit their targets with solid forecasts: https://support.7shifts.com/article/310-optimal-labor-tool

Replied November 2019

Ashley

Restaurants, 11-50 employees

Reviewed January 2024

7shifts for the win!

PROS

Getting 7Shifts set up was super easy! The process to integrate with the other platforms that we use was also very simple. This is important because not all companies have an IT department that can blow through tech set up. 7Shifts can be used by anyone.

CONS

The only complaint I have is the that you aren't able to use the tip management feature unless you use 7shifts' payroll processing as well.

Reason for choosing 7shifts

The price was right and they integrate with our tech stack.

Reasons for switching to 7shifts

We quit using Compeat all together so we needed to find multiple new solutions for the tech we were replacing.

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with 7shifts! We greatly appreciate customer feedback. With any concerns or feedback you'd like to share further, feel free to pass it along to reviews@7shifts.com.

Replied January 2024

Allison

Reviewed March 2024

A good product with room for improvement

PROS

The scheduling portion is pretty easy. I like that I can copy from one week to the other, and that I can get a "warning" if someone has asked for time off or is not available. The newer on-boarding package features are really helpful. I like that we can add time off policies. The announcement feature is nice and I like and that it has read receipts. There are quite a few features to 7shifts, and I don't even use all of them, but it's nice to know they are there. Overall, 7 Shifts helps me to keep organized and streamline my processes. It saves me a lot of time!

CONS

I like to print off the time off calendar so my staff can see who has time off, but it is not currently printer friendly. I have to take a screen shot of the page, then crop it and print. I wish the calendar could be downloaded as a PDF. We often have glitchy issues with the 7shifts app. For instance, I never get notified of time off requests, even though I have push notifications and email turned on. My staff often tells me that they can't swap shifts because the app is glitching out. I also wish that if an employee is flagged "sick" for their shift, but their shift got covered, that the app would not send me, and the person who is sick, notifications that they haven't punched in for their shift. That is very annoying. I am not a fan of the new time clocking reports they are trying out. It is confusing and does not provide a clear picture of total hours nor can I print off a time sheet for someone to correct. It's not a good "update" at all. I think 7shifts has so many features, and they seem to be always adding new ones, that they might be having a hard time optimizing the ones they already have.

Thank you for taking the time to share your positive experience with 7shifts! We love hearing about how 7shifts has positively impacted your restaurant. If there is ever anything we can help with, our team is here for you. Feel free to reach out to support@7shifts.com for any extra feedback or questions.

Madison

Reviewed April 2024

Best Out There!

Overall, the easiest to use and understand of all scheduling systems any of my jobs have had.

PROS

It’s extremely user-friendly. Very easy to navigate between sections and clear layouts.

CONS

The chat feature doesn’t always load everyone’s responses properly.

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with 7shifts! We greatly appreciate customer feedback. With any feedback you'd like to share further, feel free to pass it along to reviews@7shifts.com.

Replied April 2024

Bill

Food & Beverages, 201-500 employees

Employees love it!

Makes employee communication easier. The fact that they can put up a shift and get it covered without anything but observation makes it a really valuable product

PROS

The employees are clear on when they are scheduled.

CONS

The experience of the app doesn't translate to the computer

Joshua

Hospitality, 11-50 employees

7shifts review for Restaurant

Good product for the money and they are continuing to inovate.

PROS

One of the best parts of 7shifts is that you're not paying per user. We have inactive users away at college, and have access for our owners and accountants, but we're not paying more just to keep them on the schedule. 7shifts also allows us to categorize staff together based on position which is helpful.

CONS

When you view one position at a time, compared to all positions, the organization of employees is jumbled.

Reason for choosing 7shifts

Cost is comparable and better than some products, but the ease of use for me as the scheduler, and for the team, is critical.

Austin

Food & Beverages, 2-10 employees

Reviewed March 2024

7 Shifts is Great for Service Industry!

PROS

7 Shifts does a fantastic job of creating an easy space for communication, scheduling, and employee accountability.

CONS

Some of the payroll and tip pooling functions can be a bit limited for us.

Tyler

Food & Beverages, 51-200 employees

7shifts is everything I need for a restaurant

A+5 star everyone was helpful and friendly

PROS

Easy to use. Great for scheduling. Great for communication. Great for requesting time off. Keeping track of paid vacation

CONS

Not being able to delete an employee's job code once created

Chef Steven

Hospitality, 11-50 employees

Reviewed November 2019

Life with 7Shifts is all about the right communication with staff and managers

I have two other software suites that offer what 7shifts does included in the price, 2 other software suites and I still would rather use 7shifts because of how awesome it is. My 50k POS bundle and my staff management suite both offer this, and I could save the cost of 7shifts per year - but heck no.

PROS

- Very Short Learning Curve - The App is very stable and accurate - Our staff enjoy using the app and don't see it as a burden, but a convenience - With our package, the app is feature-rich without bloat. - Developers listen to the community and add value as often as possible.

CONS

As with any software development, some features that would be useful for you may take time if they are more niche use cases.

Reasons for switching to 7shifts

As a power Excel user, the task of building repetition and ease of use was not a problem, even the integration of sales, not a problem. However, staff engagement and tracking days off and availability was a problem.

Wow! Thanks for the amazing review Steven. I shared your review with the rest of our team, and it made our day to hear that 7shifts has provided you and your team with so much value. Knowing that you have chosen 7shifts over other tools you have available to you is a high honour and is what drives us to keep developing our products for restaurateurs like yourself. Please let us know how we can continue to raise the bar for you and make 7shifts an integral part of your operations.

Replied November 2019

Mahmud

Restaurants, 11-50 employees

Reviewed January 2021

All in one

Great customer service, easy to use

PROS

We have been using 7Shifts little over 2 years now and it has been a great experience. User interface is very simple. It an app that apple would have build. Very basic but yet very powerful. If you are getting this app i highly recommend getting all packages. End of the day it saves you money and head ache. Advil pain killer is expensive and good for your body

CONS

I dont have any dislike so far in 2 years

Reason for choosing 7shifts

Easy of use, lots of capabilities, communication with team members very easily, free text message automatically daily reminders to employees for their upcoming shift

Reasons for switching to 7shifts

Hard to use, bad customer service, behind todays technology

Thanks so much for the review Mahmud! We love working with your team at MezzeMe and can't wait for our next visit. It makes our day to hear that your team gets tremendous value out of 7shifts for your restaurants.

Replied February 2021

Allison

Reviewed March 2022

Still learning the ropes, but seems decent

PROS

We're interested in this app for the optimal labor scheduling feature. Unfortunately, we haven't yet used it long enough for this feature to work for us. Being able to manually add projected sales to the schedule to see the estimated labor % as you prepare the schedule is helpful. The reports seem easy to read. The helpdesk has been responsive so far.

CONS

The cost of the second highest tier plan is the same as the highest tier plan on our previous software. I don't know if this is a good value yet since we haven't been using it long enough to access all the features we need. I'm hoping the longer we use it, the better it will get. So far, myself and my team are still struggling to understand and find everything we need.

Reason for choosing 7shifts

Deputy charges per employee.

Reasons for switching to 7shifts

We want to access the optimal labor feature in 7shifts. 7shifts seems more geared towards QSR than Homebase.

Thanks for the review Allison! We are confident that our optimal labor tool is going to be a game-changer for your restaurant and our team is here to support your.

Replied March 2022

Joshua

Restaurants, 51-200 employees

Reviewed November 2020

Great system and developing nicely

Customer service as always been a pleasure. Not a big fan of continual prompts every time I log in for feedback or sales pitches but overall a real solid system.

PROS

During the time that we have used this software, there have been wonderful developments and rollouts that nicely enhance our operation. Keep up the good work!

CONS

It was very basic to begin with. Coming along nicely and will likely be the best product if they keep it up.

Reasons for switching to 7shifts

Didn't need the expensive convoluted system that was Hotschedules. & shifts was integrated somewhat with our current POS system and much less expensive.

Thanks for the review Joshua. You can rest assured that we will always be working to improve 7shifts and ensure that it's the best solution for restaurateurs like you.

Replied November 2020

Jeremy

Restaurants, 2-10 employees

Reviewed December 2022

Better than other scheduling apps

PROS

Setting up availabilities and scheduling is very easy and helpful.

CONS

Sometimes there'll be a notification even though the notification has already been resolved.

Reason for choosing 7shifts

Cheaper, user-friendly and does a lot of the tasks I wanted to be done.

Reasons for switching to 7shifts

Homebase was not as functional and user-friendly as 7shifts appears to be.

Melisa

Reviewed December 2022

I love 7shifts!

PROS

I love 7shifts! It's easy to use, easy to schedule, easy for my staff. I can communicate with the whole team at once, can look at the whole month of requests off, the reports are handy for seeing who has had what time off, etc. The team can trade shifts amongst themselves and everybody can get ahold of each other when needed. I also like that I have quick easy access to things like employee start dates, etc without having to go digging through their file!We do not sync this with our POS or payroll, but I do use it to double check when I have a time clock entry that seems off.It's also nice to be able to easily access the schedule from years prior!All around good product at a fair price!

CONS

I wish that some features of this product were not only available with the more expensive plan. Reminders for important staff dates would be helpful, but isn't worth the extra $$. Same with a manager log book, I'd love to use it with our business, but it's not worth the price difference to unlock these two items.I've only ever had a couple of issues I've run into. While support wasn't always able to correct them or address them head on, they've always done what they're able to &/or have put in feature requests, etc.

Reasons for switching to 7shifts

We were a brand new business and had shopped around for scheduling software. I also had previously used several other products, but wasn't necessarily keen on what I'd used before. We opted for a different product, but it didn't have the same usability as 7shifts. Glad we realized this early on! We made the switch and have no intention of changing again!

Lucia