All Asana Reviews

Asana Review: One Project Manager to Rule All

Hazel

Events Services, 11-50 employees

Asana: My Choice of Work Platform

Asana has truly become an indispensable tool for me, helping me stay organized, productive, and focused on achieving my goals. Overall, Asana is a powerful tool and although it may not be the best fit for everyone, especially those who prefer simpler interfaces or have specific integration needs, it works for me and for most people that I know that are also on Asana.

PROS

I love using Asana for its seamless organization and collaboration features. It keeps my tasks, deadlines, and projects neatly structured and easily accessible. I can assign tasks, set due dates, and communicate with team members all within one platform streamlines our workflow and ensures everyone stays on the same page. Plus, its customizable interface allows me to tailor it to my specific needs and preferences.

CONS

While Asana offers robust features for project management, I find its interface can be a bit overwhelming at times. The abundance of options and configurations can be confusing, especially for new users. Also, while its customization is a strength, it can also lead to inconsistencies across teams if not managed carefully.

DENNIS KUBAI

Financial Services, 10,000+ employees

Reviewed May 2024

Multiple Projects Management,Team and Projects Collaboration and Online Billing Expertise

Reliability on cloud PM, TM and task management. Internal departmental cloud meetings scheduling and rescheduling.

PROS

How I easily monitor,commence and track several projects at the same time. Cloud team collaboration thro' BIM persistent chats. File sharing and content management. Subscription billing and invoicing. Online products and services branding and promotions as well as E-marketing campaign. Workflow Management, tasks updating, editing and online proofing. Impressive architecture and web-user-interface design expertise.

CONS

I would just double thumb Asana's products vendor.

Reasons for switching to Asana

Asana possess intrusive GUI and UI dashboard and architecture in comparison to previous products we had used before. Additionally,it has more unique advanced features adaptive to it performance.

Rob

Oil & Energy, 2-10 employees

Reviewed April 2024

Charged me 4 months x $150 after telling them to cancel it...and would not refund

The app is quite good .... the customer service leaves a LOT to be desired!! They billed my card 4 times ($150 per time) when it was supposed to have been switched temporarily to a free account. I was talked into this versus canceling. Well, now it IS canceled! I will fight for my $600 back. They charged my card without authorization. Their service dept was useless. They caused me more hours of work to dig through all my old emails and still did not refund....... worse, the gal I was emailing with told me there was no way to escalate my claim!! .......... BEWARE!!!!!

Reason for choosing Asana

looked like a good product and was happy with the free trial version

Faz

Information Services, 11-50 employees

Reviewed February 2024

Brickflow loves Asana

Fantastic so far! Love the UI/UX and also love the integrations great for our company!

PROS

We love the integrations and how seamlessely it auto saves everything we do. We love how easy it is to collaborate and how well thought out the UI/UX is. We also love prioritisation features and how forms filter in so seamlessely

CONS

We would like some Jira like features like tickets to be built in rather than using customisation as a means to create a system like it.

Reason for choosing Asana

Just had better usability and better UI/UX

Reasons for switching to Asana

Just felt integrations and also workflows were better on Asana

Khushnud

Computer Networking, 1,001-5,000 employees

Asana for teammates

I use it for team discussion, project deployment and task assignments

PROS

Asana is great to structure projects or tasks and collaborate with team members. Also it provides visual timeframe

CONS

At first it looks very complicated and difficult to expand features

Reason for choosing Asana

Asana is flexible, works on web or installing app

Reasons for switching to Asana

Outlook was consulting too much time and was not capable of making all requirements

1 employee

Reviewed May 2024

Versatile, flexible, delight to manage work remotely

Saves a lot of time going back and forth with project updates and reviews management.

PROS

I enjoy using Asana for delegating tasks across departments within companies I work with. My work is project based, and when my clients already use Asana, the onboarding process simply becomes 10x faster. I like how Asana makes the complexity of task and project management simple.

CONS

My only issue is clicking on the 'Complete task' button by mistake when trying to close the task card or rename the task (in an already scrolled position)

Reasons for switching to Asana

Trello tends to get messy and Asana is just more suitable for bigger teams.

Reviewed May 2024

Asana is a great tool for remote teams

PROS

What I like the most is that it allows remote teams to work harmoniously and keep everyone focused on the priority task at hand. I like that we can tag anyone in our Asana account if we need anything from them to keep the project going.

CONS

What I didn't like is, it's missing the real-time chat option, we can just tag each other but we have to use Slack for chatting purposes.

Reasons for switching to Asana

Not really helpful for our team, price is not right for the features available

A falling leader

I think it's good. It's a great stepping stone for those just entering the realm of project management.

PROS

I like the simplicity. We transitioned to ClickUp, but newcomers to the company use Asana for their first 6 months as they get the hand of a project management software and get trained weekly on click up.

CONS

The lack of automation, and the fact that's hard to build a very custom and complex workflow without the excessive use of APIs

Reasons for switching to Asana

We were looking for something simpler for our average employee

Traci

Internet, 1 employee

Used monthly for less than 2 years

Reviewed May 2024

Powerful but a steep learning curve

PROS

When I tell people about Asana I call it Spreadsheets on steroids. I love that it is familiar but more robust.

CONS

There is so much to it that I am struggling to learn it. I don't use it that often but it is because I don't know how to. That happened with another tool like Asana and once I learned it, it was awesome to use and I am sure Asana is the same way. I just haven't taken the time to learn all the features yet.

Reasons for switching to Asana

I didn't completely switch. Currently I am using all of them but trying to learn Asana to see if I want to stick with it.

Shishir

Higher Education, 51-200 employees

Closer Look at Asana

My overall experience with Asana has been positive. It's helped me stay organized and on top of my tasks, which has reduced my stress levels. I appreciate how easy it is to break down big projects into smaller steps and assign tasks to team members.

PROS

Sure! Here's a draft in easy language: I really liked how Asana makes it easy to organize tasks. You can break down big projects into smaller steps, which helps me stay focused. It's also great that I can see what everyone on my team is working on, so we can stay coordinated. Plus, the reminders and notifications keep me on track, so I don't forget anything important. Overall, Asana just makes managing tasks simpler and less stressful.

CONS

One thing I didn't like about Asana is that it can feel a bit overwhelming at first. There are so many features and options that it takes some time to learn how to use them all effectively. Also, while the basic version is free, some of the more advanced features require a paid subscription, which might not be feasible for everyone. Lastly, while the notifications are helpful, they can sometimes be too frequent and distract me from what I'm working on.

10,000+ employees

Reviewed May 2019

The most intuitive project management tool!

Overall Asana kept my team well-aligned with cross-functional teams in the department, and was crucial in meeting tight deadlines. Less time emailing = more time getting work done!

PROS

The interface is easy to navigate, and very intuitive. You can tag team members in comments, assign tasks, re-open tasks, share files and links for approvals. It's complex without ever looking or feeling complex, it just helps teams stay organized and on task. Not to mention it's easy to train new employees on since it's so intuitive! My favorite aspect of all though, is the customizable task lists. As a team leader, it was helpful to customize my lists to keep a pulse on all the projects in my team's queue. As a contributor, each of my team members could organize their action lists however they wanted–due date, priority, etc...

CONS

I wish that the project timeline setup was less manual. If one task's timeline went over, it was a bit manual to update the remaining timeline of all the other tasks in the project.

Reason for choosing Asana

My team didn't require the time-tracking and Slack / Invision integrations that some of the other more expensive project management systems offered. Asana covered all of our basic project management needs, had a clean interface, and was a very fair price!

Chase

Retail, 201-500 employees

Reviewed July 2020

A god-send for getting us organized

We have a lot of different marketing activations spread over various time periods and across multiple brands we own. Being able to organize all of this effectively and keep everyone on schedule has been a tremendous help and has saved us countless hours of time. We use this tool daily to keep everyone on track, and I couldn't be happier with the results.

PROS

Powerful tagging and search functions make it very simple to keep track of our myriad marketing activations and all their associated deliverables. Adding subtasks and including collaborators on tasks makes it very easy to keep track of who needs to do what and by when. Various views like lists, calendars, and kanban boards make it accessible to everyone on the team who thinks and processes information differently. The UX is clean and simple, and the 'my tasks' and 'inbox' features help us all keep track of what's happening in our assigned areas.

CONS

The only con I have is that there is somewhat of a steep learning curve for some of the more advanced features, and there's some serious thinking and heavy lifting required to get everything laid out and organized in the tool and then get everyone onboarded. However, I think this is likely going to be the case with any team adopting a project management tool.

Reason for choosing Asana

We chose Asana over the alternatives due to the breadth of features, comparative ease of use, and better pricing.

Reasons for switching to Asana

We switched from Airtable because it's project management features were not as robust as we needed.

Reviewed September 2020

Asana for Digital Agencies

I solved the workload of every member of my team and the priority of each task. I was able to have a clear and open vision of the situation with each client and deliver their requests on time. It was very helful to us.

PROS

I used Asana for 1-2 years while I was working on a Social Media Agency. It helped me a lot to organize my team. I was able to track all the tasks in their differents stages and also I could know the workload of every member of my team. Also I integrated Asana with my Gmail and created tasks from there, very easy and quickly.

CONS

When I started using Asana, I had trouble copying and pasting images directly from the email body. Then when they achieved integration with Gmail, this was resolved. Also, email notifications were quite annoying until I learned how to disable them. Maybe they could add a feature to only send email notifications for important tasks.

Reason for choosing Asana

Because it was easier for the whole team to understand how it works. The visualization of the tasks is friendlier than the Trello cards.

Scott

Higher Education, 501-1,000 employees

Reviewed December 2020

Keeping the Team on Task

Outstanding. My primary goal using Asana was to replace the traditional procedure manual with something more robust and dynamic. The ability to schedule, repeat, and assign tasks means I complete and and forget it and until I'm reminded on the next cycle. Everything I need is contained in the project.

PROS

Easy to enter data and uploading of attachment to tasks. Very much appreciate the ability to have a conversation about the task in the task and not fill up my email. Customizable fields are a huge plus because I can track details and progress in a manner that meets my work style. Like the ability to drag and drop and colorize different things to make spotting what I'm looking for easier.

CONS

Although you can add followers to tasks, inability to assign multiple team members to the same task without duplicating the tasks is frustrating. There several small user interface things I would improve about Asana. I wish the project list could own the entire left hand column instead of sharing with with other high level functions. Those could be moved to the top. Having to click "Show more Projects" to view the whole list is unnecessary.

Reason for choosing Asana

We were already using the free version and had loaded up lots of information into the system. Switching to a different system with minimal differences would not be worth it. Different systems work differently, but they all accomplish roughly the same tasks. No significant benefits would be gained from making the change.

Memory

Broadcast Media, 11-50 employees

Reviewed February 2021

Fantastic task management software!

I started using this software at a previous job then, when starting here, quickly found out that not all task-management tools are created equal. The one we were using was not very functional and people tasks were constantly getting lost in the shuffle. The other website designer that started after me had also used Asana before so we started using it to manage the development of the site we were designing. We told another team about it and they started using it as well. It eventually caught on and we convinced the higher-ups to purchase an upgraded plan and implemented it company wide. There are so many great features. It's impossible to narrow down my favorite. But I will say that it makes managing tasks so easy and helps my addled brain stay organized and focused. There are different modes for how you view your tasks allowing users to choose one that they prefer. For example, there's a calendar view, a list view, a Trello-type layout, and more. I also LOVE that it's offers so much flexibility in how tasks are organized. You can set up different teams and assign certain people to be in those teams. Within the teams you can create projects, then breaks those down into tasks. Within the teams you can create multiple levels of subtasks - for example, a subtasks inside a subtasks inside the main task. This is a really great feature for me, being a website designer, because there are so many steps involved in creating a site.

PROS

What's not to like?! The customer service is great, there are multiple training videos to help you learn about all the different features and how to use them, it's GREAT for staying organized when you have a million different projects you are working on at once, it makes delegating projects and tasks very easy... Beyond all the great task-related features, one of my favorite things is the quirky animations - when marking complete on a task you'll occasionally get a celebratory animation (kind of a geeky, digital pat on the back) my favorite being a unicorn that flies across your screen. This is obviously not something that's necessary or a way to help users stay more organized, but it is fun and adds a little extra flair to the software. (Yes, it's the little things that excite me. )

CONS

As with any software that is customizable and has a lot of features, there is a learning curve to using Asana. There are so many different settings and features, it can take a while to learn the ins and outs of using it. But, as I already said previously, they provide a plethora of training videos and have excellent customer service when you need to contact them. One specific thing I wish was different is how the repeating tasks are set up. As of now, when a task is set to repeat, the next task doesn't show up until the previous one has been marked as complete. It would be nice to see all the repeating tasks (especially in the calendar format) so you can get an accurate view of all the tasks you have coming up for the upcoming months. It's not a major inconvenience, but something I would suggest that the developers implement in a future update.

Reasons for switching to Asana

RingCentral is really set up for inner-office messaging but there are some task-management features built into it. But it did not work well for us when we used it to assign and organize tasks. It's set up like a message board so when tasks were assigned, often times they would get overlooked it forgotten about because the assigned tasks would disappear above a bunch of other messages that were posted afterwards.

Maszni

Entertainment, 1,001-5,000 employees

Reviewed March 2021

Best for managing customer feedback

We are very happy implementing Asana into our work system as it has help us greatly managing our work. Every team member has a very clear work description with this software especially when we are collaborating on project.

PROS

What i really like with Asana that i have use is managing customer feedback and filter it to forward it the respective department. It help us to track the ticket opened by customer, and track the ticket progress either is has been taken action and can be closed.

CONS

There are not many integration that can be linked with this software. I need a integration with Github and has making a request to the developer, but still has no respond for it. It will help so much for a Information Technology staff user like me to managing the Helpdesk between Asana with our current system.

Reasons for switching to Asana

Asana has all tool our organization need for every department and has proven very helpful for us.

Juan Miguel

Higher Education, 1 employee

Reviewed May 2021

Excellent for self-tracking or collaborative work

Like I mentioned, Asana is one of the tools I naturally use everyday, and often encourage other colleagues or students to use as well. It is my to-do list as well as my project tracker, collaboration tracker, and "don't forget to do this/brainstorms for the future" tracker

PROS

I love that Asana can act as a daily task/project manager but is comprehensive enough to plan for future projects and collaborative work. It is a tool that is intuitive enough that I want to use it every day, but not so simple that I only use it for to-do lists. Any time I start collaborative work with other people at different institutions, I always push for us to use Asana as the organizing platform.

CONS

The subscription and use of the paid services could be more clear; it isn't easily understandable who has to pay for a subscription if the use of it will be shared across people from different institutions. Also, the pricing settings could be more accessible for 1 or 2-person teams, because at the moment it is mostly geared for groups and businesses (which admittedly makes sense)

Reasons for switching to Asana

I prefer the list/calendar/Gantt abilities of Asana more than the board default of Trello. I know that Trello works for many people, and if a Board aesthetic is top priority then it would be great, but I preferred Asana's functionality a bit more.

Rickey

Computer Software, 201-500 employees

Reviewed June 2021

Great, robust tool for project management

Unlike other platforms, Asana is much more efficient when working and carrying out your projects, not only because of the quality of its interface and the excellent function of its tools. from carrying out a project to a task and subtasks it is really easy and very professional. They haven't fallen into the trend of making everything bubbly and cartoonish like other platforms. Asana has also helped to eliminate the cost of other tools, since many additional features are built in.

PROS

I like the User interfaces because it makes early adoption very possible. The learning curve is small, and it's easy to set up your tasks, request colleagues to participate and to do everything simultaneously. I also enjoy the aggregate of the duties for reporting purposes, and they'll be reminded to accomplish the duties. The working calendars are also pretty clean and it's simple to reorganize the scheduled start times, durations and completion dates to integrate documents, reports or e-mails.

CONS

It's difficult to figure how to hide some info that is unnecessary for your specific use case. It's also not so simple to add in dates for recurring tasks.

Reasons for switching to Asana

No loner needed the platform to be integrated into our D365 environment, and a more friendly interface, less training needed for the users.