All Booksy Reviews

Piotr

Internet, 2 - 10 employees

Used more than 2 years

Reviewed August 2022

All you need to manage your small beauty shop

lew

Consumer Services, 2-10 employees

Reviewed March 2019

Chop Shop 25Eighh

They help us when we need them. We are able to handle our day to day and provide a great service for our clients when our clients need and want an appointment.

PROS

It helps me run my business without having to respond to every phone call received. My clients who use it say it's easy to use. Very self explanatory for the customer and consumer. You are able to set a cancellation fee and no call no show fee. The marketplace is cool even the split on first time clients is responsible. I will continue to use booksy as my appointment setting app."

CONS

The only thing I didn't like was how long it took for me to get use to the app. Which was my third appointment app and is hands down still the best.

DESIREE

Great service

besides the few glitches i have had a pleasant experience with booksy. I like how it is integrated with GOOGLE, Instagram, and FB.

PROS

besides the customer service i like that i can send booking reminders to customers as well as they get an automated message to leave a review I can post reviews to my IG Its integrated with GOOGLE, FB and IG I can post pictures to my profile

CONS

when sending confirmations it does not give the client an option to click on "confirm" rather it just send the confirmation. the photos that come on my fb page does not reflect my service for example- there is a picture under each service and sometimes a guy/girl is having a laser treatment and I work with waxing. my cancellation policy and my no-show policy are different and I wish i could use both depending on the circumstance.

Reason for choosing Booksy

i see booksy as a fast growing company that will be adding new features and I wanted my business to be a part of that.

Karol

Public Relations and Communications, 1 employee

Reviewed November 2021

Over Charged My Bank Account

PROS

CONS

AWFUL!!!! This app has overcharged my bank account several times. I have tried to contact them several times and they will not get back with me. I have emailed them, called them and no response. I have been very patient. Still no response. Not even the [SENSITIVE CONTENT] will respond to me. Just shows the business ethic on their end and the lack of compassion towards the hairdressers that pay them to have their service. We as hairdressers are extremely busy. They billed me on the third of this month and then again on the 11th for $29. They also charged me $29 for messaging which I opted out of when I first got the app but they charged me anyway. So BEWARE OF THIS APP AND THE CHARGES! I have tried to erase my bank information and all other personal information, it will not let me erase my information. So now I have to call the bank and change bank cards. This is a HIGE HASSLE when I tried to be patient and nice about this on going issue for MONTHS! When you call you get blown off to the app chat line or asked to email them! COWARDS if you ask me!! Quick to take your money but hide when they make a mistake in taking too much mistakenly!

Reasons for switching to Booksy

We're sorry you've had this experience with your subscription payments and we appreciate your patience as we work for a resolution.

Replied February 2022

Independent Barber

Excellent

PROS

Love Booksy since joining it has help me with marketing, scheduling, and keeping track of business transactions. I highly recommend it for anyone that is Up and coming Entrepreneurs and self employed individuals

CONS

More marketing ads added to software and more exposure clients reviews and ratings

Reason for choosing Booksy

Wanted something more friendly and easy to use

Reasons for switching to Booksy

A great service rep convinced me

RaChelle

Reviewed August 2019

Hairstylist Best Assistant

Booksy has truly helped me with keeping up with my appointments. My clients are able to book faster. I can add new services and specials. I love all the FREE marketing tools that are used to help stylist.

PROS

The price, amazing customer support, user friendly, easy to use, all features are helpful for anyone owning a business.

CONS

In the beginning they didn't offered a payment option but now they do. I want them to work on it alil more.

Reason for choosing Booksy

In the beginning it was due to price and what I could afford starting out.

Kelsey

Reviewed April 2020

Gain and Retain is the name of the game!

PROS

This is the most user friendly and useful booking app I’ve ever used. It makes it so easy to gain new clients while making your return clients feel just as special. With all of the customized emails and social media support it’s makes my job easier knowing my clients can always find me on any platform.

CONS

As some of the features are really cool like the boost. Making it where you can offer happy hours to fill your day faster. But at 30% for the clients first visit it can get a little spendy.

Reasons for switching to Booksy

It was not user friendly for me or for my clients

Janay

Reviewed August 2019

5 Star Rating

PROS

How detailed you can make your services.

CONS

There is nothing that I dont like about this software.

Reason for choosing Booksy

Better fit for what I was looking for.

Reasons for switching to Booksy

Clients didnt really enjoy the process to book appointments.

Chandra

Consumer Services, 2-10 employees

Reviewed October 2019

Good basic system

Customer service had gone down hill but overall the system is pretty solid

PROS

Ease of use marketing too easy adjustments

CONS

Inability to retract unfair reviews and better customization to text marketing as well as web integration

Reason for choosing Booksy

Initial price but now Booksy has increased so I may go back snd can compare again

Megan

Cosmetics, 2-10 employees

Reviewed September 2019

Online Booking is the reason my business continues to grow!

benefits include my clients finding other beauty services on the same app so they love finding their beauty pros in one spot! managing my appointments is effortless so I can focus behind the chair!

PROS

I love the customization available when booking clients and appointments(color coding, time variations) I also like the templates they have to share so easily on social platforms. I love the Booking integration on social channels and google maps and yelp and IG! App is highly functional and looks good too!

CONS

some of the ways things are worded can be slightly complex on the back end but thankfully they have an incredible support system in place!

Reasons for switching to Booksy

Styleseat was great for the past few years but I wasn't seeing the integrations or any movement forward like I was seeing with Booksy!

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 1 employee

Reviewed December 2018

Excellent Convenient App

I love the way that there is constant development, and improvement since i first joined 2 years ago. The app has allowed me more room for quality time with clients, as customers can schedule appointments at their own convenience, without interfering with consultation sessions.

PROS

The app is extremely user-friendly and advances on a monthly basis. The support is always friendly and very responsive.

CONS

Nothing really, as I said there are so many things still to come and to add, which is extremely exciting.

Anne

Reviewed August 2022

Booksy is Garbage

They are a garbage company. Customer service is unresponsive. I had repeatedly asked them to delete my client list from their server prior to the data breach. Eventually they assured me that they had done that. Two weeks later another salon had my entire list.

PROS

When books he purchased Genbook I kept some of the useful features.

CONS

Once Booksy took over, I lost my entire cancellation list. Several appointments did not make it in the changeover and I was double booked. They gave my entire client list to another, competing salon who began marketing to all 1500 clients

Reason for choosing Booksy

I did not. They purchased my original booking system

Booksy purchased them.

Thank you for taking the time to provide this feedback. We are so sorry to have created confusion as you transitioned to Booksy. Please reach out to support so we can help resolve this confusion.

Replied September 2022

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 2-10 employees

Reviewed October 2019

Booksy Review

Foxy has solve so many problems in my business that allows people to give me reviews pay a fair appointments in advance it text them emails them and make sure that I don’t have to spend my time answering phone calls and text

PROS

But I could use this as a point of sale versus paying for square and PayPal also that Clients could pay me in advance and I can vary the amounts

CONS

Help desk on different time zone, and constant emails

Ease of use and cost

Ease of use

Heather

Reviewed February 2022

What am I paying for?

Pretty bad. Not impressed at all.

PROS

Very client friendly. Super easy for them to book and reach you.

CONS

Customer service is atrocious. I have been waiting over 24 hours for the chat team to get back to me after they stopped responded mid conversation. They will just completely ignore you. You have to wait forever to to get someone on the phone. They have an option to have your daily- yearly reports sent to you from the app. It used to work and now you can only do it from a desktop computer or a tablet. The option to do it from the app is there but it doesn’t work. You will book an appointment and it will disappear off your book or never show up. Let’s not talk about how long it takes to get your money from them. I refuse to even take payment through them because they are so inconsistent with fees and will tell you your money has been sent when it hasn’t. All in all I’m not sure what I am paying for. I wouldn’t recommend Booksy ever.

We're so sorry you've had this experience. It is never our intent to leave anyone in the lurch with their business. You might join a webinar where you will have the opportunity to ask questions, get answers, and see how Booksy works with a Booksy expert.

Replied March 2022

Gemma

Reviewed May 2017

Poor update

PROS

Customers can book online without having to call and stop us in work. The app seems to work great for customers

CONS

The update. The fact it sometimes double books appointments. There is no colour difference with appointments so hard to figure out who's coming when under each person. The app doesn't seem to like any iPhone, iPad systems.

Thank you so much for your valuable feedback. We need to hear both the good and the bad to produce a better product, so we appreciate that you've come forward with this information. Right now, our first priority is addressing the negative experience you have had with the with the newest version. We remember the issues you had with the iPad and the double bookings and, as the new version has been stabilized, we hope that these issues are no longer a problem. This does not excuse those issues on our side and we understand your frustration as a busy professional. We can't apologize enough for the setbacks you may have encountered, and thank you for your patience during those times. We would like to speak with you personally to cover any issues you'd like to discuss (e.g. color). Hopefully, we can find solutions that meet your needs and prevent future inconveniences to your business.

Replied June 2017

tracy

Cosmetics, 2-10 employees

Reviewed January 2020

so easy in my day to day business

I absolutely swear by it. keeps life organized and clients accountable

PROS

I love that the interface is easy for both the salon and our clients to use. its awesome that I have so many different reports at my fingertips.

CONS

sometimes, things disappear and we need to log out and log back in. but the glitches are getting better.

Reason for choosing Booksy

easier to maneuver around for me

Scott

E-Learning, 1 employee

Reviewed April 2022

Almost Non-Existant Customer Service or Follow Through

Horrible. I'm guessing their software was ok... I was told at one point that someone from their support team would call me to go over the software features, but it's been almost 6 months and that hasn't happened. I'm just astounded that a company, who is there to help people like me run a business, which is my livelihood, would completely drop the ball and LITERALLY SHUT DOWN THEIR PHONE SUPPORT.

PROS

I had an account originally with Genbook (which I loved). They were bought out by Booksy. The only positive thing I can say is that they were able to transfer everything from Genbook to Booksy, so I didn't have to re-create any services.

CONS

I literally could not get ANYONE on the phone to help when my account was migrated from Genbook. They completely... and I mean COMPLETELY... shut down their phone support. The absolute only option for support was their chat feature, and most of the time I had to wait days for a response, and one time I literally waited WEEKS for a response. There was no option to start a new chat conversation... I was just stuck with no answers, when trying to run my business.

Reason for choosing Booksy

I didn't choose Booksy over anyone else... they took over for Genbook. I definitely switched to a different company though.

Reasons for switching to Booksy

Genbook was bought out by Booksy

Thank you for the feedback! We never intend to deliver a less-than stellar experience and we're sorry to have not met your expectations. We understand the frustration and have taken action to build up our support team to be more responsive to users on our platform.

Replied May 2022