Browse eM Client Reviews

Evan from Cameron Grant Memorial Trust

Industry: Mental Health Care

eM Client - good email client for small office

Our overall experience with eM Client is very positive. I would be happy to recommend it to any one looking for a good, reliable, traditional email client that is cheaper than Outlook. In fact, I like it better than Outlook anyway and though we now have Office 365 inc Outlook I have no intention of moving from eM Client.

Pros

One of our users has a strong aversion to webmail. eM Client is a good option for a traditional email client. Very much cheaper than Outlook but looks and feels familiar so is easy to use. We move to eM Client from Thunderbird and like the integration of eM Client with Google Contacts very helpful.

Cons

No particular issues. It's cheaper than Outlook but competes more with free clients so it would be nice of eM Client were cheaper than it is, but can't really complain as it doesn't cost much, is regularly updated and has given good, reliable service over many years.

Reasons for Switching to eM Client

Mozilla Thunderbird had begun to cause niggly issues, and seemed to have been abandoned. Also, we particularly disliked the difficulty of keeping Thunderbird contacts in sync with Google Contacts.

John from Secret Safe Books

Good basic email client program (used with MS Outlook Live)

It's super-easy to setup, works well and has a clean interface. The developers keep it updated. It does all the simple things we need an email and calender/scheduling client to do.

Pros

It's simple and the free version is good for our purposes. It is so much easier than having to log into MS Outlook everytime I want to check email. Between my wife and my self we have 4 online freemail Outlook accounts. One of them is for our business which is the most important and highly used. We have a quick and easy view of all for accounts in on window. You can prioritize accounts since uou may want to be notified for some accounts over others when email arrives. Integration is solid with Outlook Live.

Cons

Sometimes the program does not update right away when opening. There are also time you have to click on the folder to see how many emails are in it. It should show this automatically without having to do anyhting. I'm not sure if this is how it operates for everyone or if it's my particular setup. I also wish they had more themes for the free version but this is hardly a big issue.

Reasons for Choosing eM Client

We used to use Windows Mail which worked fine but Microsoft discontinued support for it. After that we tried Mozilla Thunderbird (OK but clunky and ugly) and Mailbird Lite which did not have enough features at the time.

Reasons for Switching to eM Client

Thunderbird was more complicated to setup and the interface was not as "clean" looking. It also had more features than we needed. That's not necessarily a bad thing but it just complicated things for me when setting up.

Harold from Investigation Firm

Not recommended

Again, I like the concept and the thought behind the product but would consider it too unstable for business use. The good thing is that the repair process works, the bad is that you have to do it so often. For a product that has so many nice features for efficiency, to have the conversation thread backwards so that for each email you have to page down to find the last response is hard to understand why they did that. They seem to be confused between a texting program that shows the most recent at the bottom (but also opens at the bottom so the most recent is where it opens) and an email client where the most recent is normally at the top so you see the response immediately. These items make this program an also run that I will be keeping an eye on because I really like the design and if they get them resolved then it will be one of my favorites. But still cannot be recommended at this time.

Pros

The concept and design of the program is excellent. At least in theory it is well thought out and has several useful features. I particularly like the ability to click on an email and see on the right side the contact information as well as every email to and from that person as well as every attachment sent and received. This is a huge feature for me. The ability to quickly generate a task from an email or create a calendar event is also really nice. Unlike some other reviewers, I found the tech support to be reasonable. Then again, I am a computer expert and provide expert testimony on computer systems and software for court purposes and so had very few issues with setup.

Cons

Although I like the design of the software, I could never recommend it for use in a business. I view it more as a curiosity for personal use. The primary reason is that in the five weeks I have used the software there have been multiple instances of being unable to read email or the software attempted to display an attachment inline and so it just looked like garbage. Each time I contacted tech support and the fix was the same... either rebuild the software account or delete it and create it again. Luckily I was using IMAP so it was not an issue deleting and recreating the accounts. So, I used it five weeks and rebuilt or deleted and recreated email accounts seven times. This is a big issue. Another problem is the very strange an unusual way they display an email conversation. I wrote to tech support about this and they indicated that it is the way it is supposed to work and the way that all email clients work. Uh, no. I have not seen any other email client that displays your email conversation starting with the oldest email and continuing down to the most recent. I understand that is the way a conversation occurs and you can read it from the beginning to the end but in reality I do not know anyone who wants to open their email and page down multiple times to find the person's response. I want to see the response when I open the email. If I need to see the prior email they are responding to then I will scroll down and see that one.

Armando from Digitaliza S.A

Industry: Computer Networking

Stable and agile Communications Suite

With emClient I can perform all the tasks of the company in one place, find contacts and manage emails with calendars at no cost.

Pros

It integrates all the basic needs to configure email accounts, calendars and company contacts. Simple and fast.

Cons

The backup system can get a bit tedious but it does the job. Importing from other solutions can be slow.

Charlie from Nixa Public Schools

eM Client - A Fantastic Gmail Client

I hate managing my email via the Web. I always have. eM Client makes managing my Gmail much, MUCH easier and I love the theming and aesthetic of the software.

Pros

I love the simplicity of set up and use of eM Client. It's easy to use but the feature set is robust. The PGP setup during the process of adding an account is a huge bonus.

Cons

I don't really have anything bad to say about it. Earlier versions were a bit less stable, but they've got it running rock-solid now.

Mark from All Things PC

Fantastic email client

I've really enjoyed using eM Client for a number of years now. Like any email client you have to spend some time tweaking it to how exactly you want everything as the default display/settings might not be to your liking. The application is very fast and updates quickly. Updates to the client come through regularly which is reassuring. I'm currently using version 8.2.

Pros

I've used eM Client for about 4 years using a free license which caters for a maximum of 2 email accounts. I recently upgraded to the Pro version with lifetime upgrades as I now use 4 email accounts. It's very easy to setup and add email accounts as you'd expect. There are a lot of features available and far more than I require. I've found that the calendar integration with a gmail account has been seemless. In fact as soon as I add an event to the calendar via eM Client it almost instantaneously updates in gmail. You can access the user forum via their website and there's a lot of useful information available in case you get stuck with anything. I recently set up a signature for my business email and it literally took a couple of minutes.

Cons

Like any email client it does take a little while to tweak the settings to just how you like it. I'd certainly make use of the 30 day free trial so you can iron out any little niggles you may come across. Make use of the forums if you get stuck.

Ricardo Sandy from Asian Translation Services

Industry: Translation and Localization

The A Team of E-mail Client

I used to spend too much time logging into different e-mail providers just to check e-mail messages and communicate with colleagues and clients. Now I only need to open my eM Client software and see all e-mail accounts in one integrated dashboard. There is no more hassle and productivity has increased manyfold during my use of this software.

Pros

I like its superb functionality and flexibility. You can add accounts for the majority of e-mail providers, create contacts and tasks, subscribe to internet calendars, use Google Hangouts directly from within the software without having to logging into your Gmail account, assign labels to e-mail threads with different colors. The greatest advantage is that you can purchase a lifetime license at a bargain and receive all future updates for free.

Cons

It lacks official themes and seldom releases feature updates.

Reasons for Choosing eM Client

I chose eM Client over this alternative product because I liked the pricing scheme and all features and benefits that it might offer to users.

Reasons for Switching to eM Client

I made the switch because I was looking for a more flexible and secure software at a great price.

Desiree from Self Employed

Great Product, Just One Major Kink

I had to uninstall eM Client and go back to Thunderbird which has a lot more functionality than eM, but I don't need all of that. I liked that eM was a kind of "middle of the road" (just the right amount) of functionality/features AND they have a nicer GUI than Thunderbird (more modern). But, the syncing errors and issues just drove me crazy. So, I'm back with Thunderbird for now. I may try them again in the near future to see if the kinks were worked out or if it just all of a sudden will sync right with my accounts, because they are worth a second look. If you are someone that needs a little more than just very basic functions, but don't want over kill and aren't a highly advanced email client user, then I will definitely consider eM Client. You may not encounter the issues I did....they are worth a look!

Pros

I loved the UI of the email client and that they allowed a few emails accounts in their free version. I loved the price on the full/pro version as well and was going to purchase if it weren't for one large kink....But, I will say this: even though the issues wasn't resolved in my case, the customer support and moderators on their forum were all very helpful and responded pretty quickly. I just wish the issue had been able to be fixed because I really did like the software, functionality/features it offered, and the price point to be able to add all my email accounts.

Cons

I kept having sync error problems with my MS emails and my Gmail. I didn't have 2FA initialized so an app password was not needed. Using my email and login (standard setup) should have worked just fine, but i think that there were syncing or connection issues at the time I used it.

Reasons for Choosing eM Client

Didn't have the possible spyware (Facebook plugin) that MailBird has and Mailbird was fairly pricey due to all their features. Mailspring was fine, but then started glitching and never responded to support emails asking questions on how to fix, so I just completely uninstalled that one.

Reasons for Switching to eM Client

I wanted something with a more modern UI, and slim-lined, a little less features so I didn't get lost in functionality overkill.

Ad from NetProGroup

Very good email client being alternative for MS Outlook and others

Pros

Very good email client with a full set of features which are not found in other email programs. One time fee and do buy the lifetime upgrade option.

Cons

Pricing can get high if you have multiple devices and above 50 devices you need to contact the sales team.

Reasons for Switching to eM Client

Thunderbird was for us an impossible program.

eM Client has been a useful and easy to use program to keep all of my emails in order.

The benefit is that I can keep all my jobs separate and manage them all at the same time. We work on 10-20 jobs at a time and this software has helped me keep organized and records of everything for those jobs.

Pros

eM Client is very straightforward and easy to use. It is what I like most about this program. I had never used it before this, but within an hour I felt like I had been using it for years. While it does lack the bells and whistles of other email software, it is for that reason that the ease of use is so good.

Cons

I don't really have many cons for this software, but it does lack in overall appearance. The other email software's that I use are easy on the eyes and look aesthetically pleasing. This is not really a con, but more of a personal preference for myself.

Matt from Purchinex, LLC

Industry: Wholesale

Terrible Latency/Lagging and Unusable & Unpredictable Signatures

I used this product for several years, and I have finally given up. It's just awful.

Pros

It's easy to setup. Other than that, there's nothing I like about it.

Cons

Locks up my computer ALL THE TIME when processing new e-mail in any of my half dozen or so accounts. I can't have an application that makes my computer unusable while it "thinks." It's just unbearable, and I have switched to MailBird, which is much faster and doesn't lag or freeze up my system. I never could get the signatures and templating to work correctly. My signatures look awful, and I have a fairly robust graphic design skill set. I would set my signature to use a Calibri 12, and it would look like 18 while the template setting for composing e-mails was set to the same font and size, and the text looked tiny.

Reasons for Choosing eM Client

I have chosen Mailbird over EM Client because it doesn't freeze my computer, it's easy to use, and the signatures look great and appear exactly as I expect.

About three years ago.

Response from eM Client

Replied November 2020

Hello, We're very sorry to see that you experienced such problems in the application. If you ever decide to give us a second chance, feel free to contact our support at support@emclient.com and we'll do everything we can to help you. Thank you eM Client Team

eM client best alternative

Overall paying customer will not rate it excellent as it has still got sync issues. User interface can be modernized. Html features can be improved like merging options.

Pros

It provides some great features like syncing with mail services. It was easy to set up and have good display and themes. Free license for use is great anong other main features.

Cons

Calender features are somewhat looks like missing which can be added. Synchronization is slow sometimes and takes time to load emails. Merging cells option seems to be non supported which is major lack in the software.

TANISH from OATindia

Perfect for low budget

Pros

We have been using this software in our organisation from a while. It covers all the basic functionalities and it's user interface is quite simple to operate.

Cons

I haven't encountered any major issue till now. It works fine for me.

Ben from Virtual Education Software, inc.

With a fresh, clean look, this email client is the best I've used in a long time!

eM Client has proved to be much more efficient by eliminating the chaos and stress of an unorganized email collection. It is so much easier to manage emails when they look good!

Pros

The clean and simple user interface makes it easier than ever to maintain an organized email system. When viewing an email, eM Client has a handy Contact Details sidebar with other emails between you and that contact allowing you to refer back to past conversations without flipping back and forth through the inbox and sent folders. It also has the ability to keep conversations stacked in the same list item similar to how text messages are organized on a smartphone. This was a huge selling point for me as I often get lost easily between complicated email threads in other clients. Another huge bonus that makes eM Client a favorite of mine is the amount of options you have to play with. Some users might find this overwhelming or confusing but I'm a huge fan of the ability to change things like the theme, font, font size and spacing, which buttons to display, etc.

Cons

Having transferred from Mozilla Thunderbird, there are still a few quirks like how it sorts Junk mail and the fact that I have two inherited junk folders and it's unclear which is being used for what. There also doesn't seem to be an automatic junk filter like other clients have but, on the other hand, this means I never miss anything due to the client marking it as spam and never to be seen again. In the detailed email list view (multiple columns), you have the ability to change which columns are visible and in which order, etc. However, this only effects the current folder and all other folders have to be adjusted independently. It would be nice if similar folder types shared the same column views to be consistent across all folders. As far as sorting goes, you have the option to flag emails or apply a color-coded category. When a category is applied, you have the option to make the text of the email change to the color of the category but when the email is active or highlighted, the color changes to the default black making it impossible to know what category the email falls under while you are viewing it. In my opinion, this almost defeats the purpose of categorizing email conversations since you are unable to search via category.

David from Irwin Grayson Associates

Great e-mail option

My overall experience is very positive and I anticipate that I wil continue to use eM Client for the foreseeable future

Pros

The software is easy to install and generally easy to use. It has a few quirks, but once you get used to those, it is very good.

Cons

The software has a habit of backing up, usually when I need to use it, which can be frustrating. It also has a habit of creating an error when it closes, not only when it is closed because for example the laptop crashes, but also when it is closed down properly. This results in a need to check and validate the database. Whilst I have not yet lost any data, the checking is problematic if I am in a rush and for example only turned on the laptop to do a quick e-mail.

Reasons for Choosing eM Client

eM Client was the only one that provided the simplicity and functionality for which I was looking. I have previously used Outlook and Mozilla Thunderbird but Thunderbird stopped working as expected, I think when Windows upgraded. I send at least 20 e-mails every day and often receive well in excess of 100, so am looking for good presentation, and ease of use, at a reasonable cost - and that is what eM Client offers.

Response from eM Client

Replied September 2019

Hi David, Thank you for your review. Did you contact our support regarding the closing problems? Our tech staff answers to every email/ticket they get so if you write to us at support@emclient.com we can help you to resolve the problem. Or you can contact me directly. Thank you, George

Derek from 1 Factory Radio

Great option for a next-level email client

I've used eM Client for the past few years and have been overall happy. That said, there have been frustrating moments with support and I really hope they fix the current print glitch mentioned above.

Pros

The main reason I use eM Client is the speed of the search. My job has me constantly searching a large database of emails and it's imperative that I find them quickly. When put side by side with Thunderbird, it absolutely dominates in search presentation and speed.

Cons

The most recent update has made it so that when I print emails, another daily task, eM Client always opens the system print dialog box despite that box not being checked. This takes a considerable amount of extra time with the number of emails I print. I opened a ticket but wasn't very happy with the reply which suggested that I move to a previous version which carried the risk of losing my fine tuned settings and more. In addition, for most users without search needs, I don't feel it's significantly better than Thunderbird so it may be hard to justify the cost.

Reasons for Choosing eM Client

Search on Thunderbird had formatting that I didn't like and was much slower for the number of emails and inboxes that I use on a daily basis.

Reasons for Switching to eM Client

It didn't have the search functionality I needed.

Response from eM Client

Replied September 2019

Hi Derek, Thank you for your review. We are aware of the print issue and have resolved it internally so we'll release an update fixing the problem soon. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Jonathan from Clean Water Action

Good solution for managing complex, integrated email communications

I have found eM Client to be the perfect solution for my needs. I am able to access my saved messages and folders without having to pull them from the cloud. This is huge. Also I find the email interface to be much more user friendly than any of the cloud-based services. Finally, on the original setup, I migrated from Thunderbird and the entire experience was incredibly smooth and easy. This was a big plus as I was getting started.

Pros

This software allows me to manage 3 or more email identities from a single platform. It allows me to organize my saved messages for easy retrieval and long-term record-keeping. It allows me to search and quickly find past messages.

Cons

When Windows reboots the system automatically following an update, if emClient is running, the software has been vulnerable to corruption, and the process of checking and rebuilding the database can be cumbersome. This problem has improved over time, but the program remains vulnerable to sudden shut-downs.

Reasons for Choosing eM Client

This offered the best and easiest solutions for me to manage 2 professional and 1 personal email account through a single platform.

Reasons for Switching to eM Client

Thunderbird was no longer supported and prone to unexpected crashes. eM Client had similar look/feel with none of the problems.

Sergio from Al Fakal

Industry: International Trade and Development

My preferred email client for desktop

I'm very happy with emclient. It's the only desktop platform I found that made me change from browser mail platform to desktop platform again.

Pros

It's the best email client I could find. It's clean, simple, easy to use, full of features included. Feels clean and smooth to use. I can use many email accounts in the same platform as if they were just one.

Cons

Nothing at all. I like all aspects of the browser, I can't tell of something I don't like by now. Maybe an option to send recurrent emails would be great, and even greater: an option to automate follow up emails until a reply is received.

Reasons for Choosing eM Client

Is most clean, smooth, fastest client in my opinion. Just needed functions are included, not garbage.

Amy from Union Realty Brokerage Inc.

EM Client is amazing

Started using it a few years ago with the free version but loved it so much that I decided to buy the license. I recommend it to everyone over Outlook because it's much faster and easier to use.

Pros

I love that this program is so user friendly. It's essentially the best desktop mail client I've ever used. Easy to navigate, easy to organise and super easy to personalise which is a great feature.

Cons

I'm pretty disappointed that with one of the more recent updates EM Client got rid of Frozen Smart Folders. That was actually one of my favourite features. I use so many folders so that really helped me make the decision to switch from Outlook and when they took that away I considered going back. With the most recent update I am no longer able to save jpg/jpegs from the email which I depend on a lot.

Reasons for Switching to eM Client

Outlook was becomming so slow and I was finding that my emails were taking 20 mins to send and 20 mins to come in. So I googled other options and found EM Client. I've never had a problem with speed with EM Client. In fact I get my emails faster than when I log into my email on my browser .

Ted from Self Employed

Former Outlook User

It fulfills my daily email needs for my business and personal correspondence. I have 4 regularly used email addresses through which I correspond.

Pros

It was mostly familiar in design to what I previously used. I was used to a email client that allowed me to have a large, nested, easily accessible filing system for correspondence.

Cons

I get error messages at times regarding my movement of filed correspondence within the application. I don't know how to correct the problem. Thus, I receive repeated error messages. Also, when replacing my old tablet computer with a new one, the process for getting the "PRO" version on my new machine was not as clearly defined as I would have liked. I succeeded with Stepan Busek's help.

Microsoft Outlook.

Response from eM Client

Replied September 2019

Hi Ted, Thank you for your review. Did you contact our support regarding the connection problems? Our tech staff answers to every email/ticket they get so if you write to us at support@emclient.com we can help you to resolve the problem. Or you can contact me directly. Thank you, George

Ben from Virtual Education Software, inc.

Easy-to-use alternative to Thunderbird with a much better user interface

Overall I have enjoyed my experience with eM Client much more than that with Outlook (obviously) and Thunderbird. I haven't had to recover an automatic backup but it's assuring to know I'll always have a backup ready when my computer inevitably dies.

Pros

The simple and clean UI helps me focus on priority emails while staying organized and efficient. The Conversations feature really helps to keep interactions simple and straightforward. The amount of options available is very refreshing, especially for someone as detail-oriented as I am.

Cons

When emails are displayed by conversation, any email with the same subject gets lumped in making it appear as if those emails are part of the same interaction. This can get complicated fast when a colleague includes you in multiple emails to different people with the same subject line. However, once you get used to it, it's easy to ignore.

Reasons for Switching to eM Client

I wasn't a fan of the user interface and wasn't impressed with the overall product. I knew there had to be something better.

Bruce from Non Profit Organisation

Better than OUtlook

Happy or I wouldn't use it. ;-)

Pros

Integrated views of In box, Sent folders, etc. is excellent across many accounts.

Cons

User interface could use a buff. Vertical scroll bars are too thin and difficult to grab; their color contrast (to surrounding elements) is too low. Keyboard shortcut (Ctrl-N) for starting a new message should be available from the New Message window. (Sometimes we think of another note we need to send while in the middle of composing another.) Font and font size should be able to be separate message format tool bar items.

Reasons for Switching to eM Client

Outlook's integrated In box functionality is a fail.

Response from eM Client

Replied September 2019

Hi Bruce, Thank you for your review. Classic styled scroll bars are still present in Classic and System themes. And thank you for the New message shortcut suggestion - we'll add it to our todo list.

Matthew from LOGIC NINE

I was excited, but terrible reliability and horrible support changed that.

The reliability is awful, but the customer service... wow. If they were any quieter over there, we'd have to be in the vacuum of space. If I could buy this company, fire every employee and finish their system I would. I suspect they have very little development capability, or they are outsourcing all of this and that explains why getting fixes done is impossible at best.

Pros

The interface looks great (but has issues), it's fast and has some good features, but mostly they don't work as expected.

Cons

The search function doesn't work. That's right IMAP users... No searching for e-mails. No matter what. If I am looking for an e-mail from my #1 client, I first have to look on my cell phone, find the date and time in eM client and then sort by the Received By name. Sometimes it is there, sometimes it isn't. 99% of the time I am stuck using my cell phone to reply to people because eM client search doesn't work. If I have an upcoming meeting, occasionally (1 time out of 30) I can find the e-mail by typing in any ONE word that I can think MIGHT be in the e-mail message. You can't search by e-mail address, or name, subject nothing. I dealt with it for 2 years. I submitted countless documents, proof and technical information to support, and all they do is ignore me. I now am forced to just send them an e-mail every two weeks saying "Hello? Any update?" .... Silence. I'm a software engineer. I own a software company. I told them how to fix all of it. I offered for free, since it's been 2 years. They're not interested at all in fixing it. Beyond that, e-mails in the inbox show that they are from different people, people that I haven't talked to since I created my e-mail account. Why you ask? They blame it on "incomplete headers". I submitted header comparisons between all sorts of mixed up messages showing no difference... What was their explanation? Nothing. Silence.

Reasons for Choosing eM Client

Reviews online seemed promising at the time. They were likely bought.

Reasons for Switching to eM Client

Outlook also has reliability issues sometimes but nothing compared to this. If you are looking for an e-mail client. Don't walk, RUN. Download Mozilla Thunderbird instead.

Rebeca from RGP Translations

Tried to get support and was ignored

Pros

The software itself is good until you have a problem with it and need support. It's functional and easy to set up.

Cons

The customer support is non existent. They are in another time zone which totally clashes with American time zones, so they expect you to be on your computer at 5 in the morning to get help. When I complained about it, they ignored me completely and now my tickets will go unanswered.

Response from eM Client

Replied April 2018

Hello Rebeca, so far our support is located in Europe only, but we are trying hard to help every our customer from opposite time zones, even during our night hours, and even if they need remote assistance. Another remote assistance session with you is planned for today, 9 AM your time, so I believe this time everything will be all right. Thank you, Peter.

James from Self-Employed

Great email, calendar, contacts, and task manager.

It has completely replaced MS Outlook. I use it multiple times a day for all my email, calendar, contacts, and task management functions.

Pros

Synchronizes well with Google email and calendar. Easy to use layout with all of the features I want in a combination email, calendar, contacts manager. Pulls up email correspondence chain in separate view. I can customize views, categories, themes, etc.

Cons

Does not have a corresponding Android version. The contacts sync has sometimes resulted in duplicate entries. There is a duplicates tool to remove duplicates but it would be nice to have an easier to use merge contacts function added.

Paul from Paul Popeski Law Office

Industry: Law Practice

Can't Modify Attached Documents

Good.

Pros

I like the ease of making backups (although I haven't tried to restore yet).

Cons

In all other email clients that I've used (Outlook, Windows Express, Thunderbird, etc.) if I attached a document to an outgoing email and I wanted to revise the document before sending I would be able to open the attachment, make the revisions, and when I closed the attachment the revisions would be saved, in both the attached file and where the file resides on my hard drive. With eM Client it will not save revisions you make to an attachment, so I have to delete the attachments, open up the file on my hard drive and make the revisions, and then re-attach the file to the email. Very inefficient.

Microsoft stopped supporting Windows/Outlook Express

Adam from Kim Hansen Chev

Powerful and lightweight

Great program that gets the job done. Well worth the price. The best outlook alternative that I tried (and i’ve tried them all)

Pros

Has a lot of functionality that Outlook had but is much more light weight. It does the stuff you need it to without all of the over complication of other mail clients. Especially like how it allows multiple google calendars to sync seamlessly into one overall calendar. Much better that outlooks tabbed/overlay calendar design.

Cons

Tasks/todo lists could be a little more robust. Adding email senders to handling rules could be better as well.

Better product

Joel from Hyperform Group

Good Alternative to Outlook

I was having trouble getting Outlook to search GSuite mail since it is MAPI. eM Client solved that issue.

Pros

1. Searching is very easy in this product. You can find anything quickly. 2. Multithreading conversations is off the charts. It's much better than Outlook. They have a window on the right where you can see all prior conversations. 3. The mail handling and searching features are superior to Outlook. 4. Works well with Google Apps. 5. Calendar functionality is almost as good as Outlook.

Cons

1. Contacts are weaker than Outlook. Takes a long time to load. Not overly user friendly. 2. Must store all mail history. In Outlook, Google has a sync download that limits the size of your total inbox.

Marco from ms-fotoservice.de

Industry: Photography

Already proven

Pros

emClient is fast and much more important robust. It's already proven over several years in daily business. R&D takes into account ideas of users for further development

Cons

I would like to have a chance to configure the design of the displayed address in card view.

Reasons for Choosing eM Client

usability, user interface, performance and - most important - stability of emClient is a perfect match of my requirements.

Reasons for Switching to eM Client

the hope that emClient is finally what I was looking for as an mail client. Which is the case!

Jonathan from The LIHTC Group

Pros

easy to use, very similar to Outlook, the folder system

Cons

it seems to go "offline" alot and I have to shut down and restart the application. Also, has trouble sending emails with large attachments.

Cost and administration

Response from eM Client

Replied September 2019

Hi Jonathan, Thank you for your review. Did you contact our support regarding the connection problems? Our tech staff answers to every email/ticket they get so if you write to us at support@emclient.com we can help you to resolve the problem. Or you can contact me directly. Thank you, George

Jan from Ring Cabling & Design, Inc.

Industry: Computer Networking

Excellent e-mail program

Being able to use a E-mail program that is not Internet based. It's a stand alone program which I prefer.

Pros

I started using eM Client last December when I got my new computer. Sadly enough, Windows Live Email was no longer supported. After doing some research I found this e-mail program to be the best and fit my needs. It allows you to have to e-mail addresses for free. Quite easy to use and set up. Takes some getting used to, but very professional so I can use it for my business needs as well as personal.

Cons

If you don't pay to upgrade it will not always have the latest updates available. I haven't noticed much of a problem with this though. When you first set it up you must follow the instructions properly to convert all your old e-mail addresses and messages. Took me a couple times to get it right.

Adrian from Radarius Ltd

My Email Client of Choice

I moved to eM Client a few years ago as my main day-to-day email client. It is quite happy getting my (multiple) Office 365. IMAP and GMail accounts.

Pros

A good, clean user interface that simply allows you to get to work rather than have to deal with the distraction of unnecessary visual niceties.

Cons

The auto-configure service can be a little unreliable sometimes and it decides to use it's own categories rather than using those already configured via other Microsoft Outlook clients.

Andy from south Arknasas Christian School

Fantastic Product

eM Client has been a great help to our school. it is very economical and easy to use.

Pros

eM Client works great. The updates continue to make it better. It has an integrated email client and calendar that help keep me organized. It works great with gmail.

Cons

Emails off the server still show up as unread even if they have been read and deleted from another application.

Reasons for Switching to eM Client

eM Client has more options and I am able to better organize my emails with it.

A Great Fully Featured Email Client

It's been great. No problems, easy to use, great layout and I use it for hours each day.

Pros

s a lot of features built into it, from mail to calendar, tasks and contact management, this has been a great solution for me. It is an ideal alternative to Outlook. It works well, is easy to set up with multiple email accounts from all sorts of providers. I also love the layout options available and having the dark layout is great too.

Cons

Nothing really, it all works as it should and there hasn't been any problems or things that I thought could be better, for me it is a solid piece of software.

Michael from ReCrystallize Software

Very good and inexpensive alternative for Outlook users

I use eM Client as an alternative to Outlook due to Outlook's lack of a unified Inbox for IMAP accounts. It handles all internal and external email correspondence well.

Pros

Unified inbox for IMAP accounts, which is not available in Outlook for Windows. Search function is excellent. Snippets are nice. Most of the basics will be familiar to Outlook users.

Cons

I could wish for more customizability of the UI and sounds. There are a few areas in composing messages that could be easier to use, like inserting/removing links.

Reasons for Switching to eM Client

Outlook's lack of a unified Inbox for IMAP accounts.

Chris from Fuel180 Creative

Great Outlook Alternative

Pros

Honestly, it was the cost. I've been using the free version for years. It does all I need for email and calendar for my business. They update the free version about once a year and I've never had an issue with an update.

Cons

Limited to the number of email accounts it allows (I think it's 2) but that's only for the free version so I really can't complain.

Cost of MS outlook

Diane from Eaton Hydraulics

I have really benefited from this software because I have to monitor several inboxes.

I feel at ease that emails are being monitored in a timely matter.

Pros

I love that I can monitor several email accounts without having to juggle multiple browser tabs. Using eM Client everything is in one central location. It's very easy to navigate and helps keep me very organized.

Cons

I don't have a major con but I do think there may be future updates to this software because I manage a lot of emails and it seems to work better when I keep the emails at a minimum.

Response from eM Client

Replied June 2017

Hello Diane, thank you for your positive review, we are glad that you like eM Client. Of course, we are constantly developing and updating it, for example now in version 7.1 we have added a simple way how to sign and encrypt your messages via PGP. Anyway, if you have any troubles, please don't hesitate contact our online support. Thanks, Peter from eM Client

Richard from That PC Dude LLC

eM Client provides ease of use and multiple features.

An easy to use email client for seniors.

Pros

The biggest thing I liked is it easily migrated Windows Live Mail. I am an IT consultant that was looking for a replacement for Windows Live Mail. eM Client's interface is fairly simple but powerful. Couple that with most of my clients qualify to use it for free and you have a great Windows Live Mail replacement.

Cons

Sometimes the free license seems to "get lost" and has to be entered again. Without even the free license, the software will not communicate with email servers. Another glitch seems to be that recently one of the rep of eM Client sent out emails to many of my customers claiming they were not using the software for personal use. At first, I assumed it was a scam but it was legitimate. All of the customers that use this software are retired and are not using it for commercial purposes. I do not know if this is an attempt to have them pay for it even though they are abiding by the terms of the free use.

Excellent Email Client

Great way to keep track of my email and contacts.

Pros

eM Client is one of the best email clients on the market, your search for an email is completed. eM Client works perfectly with eg. Gmail where you can sync email, calendar, contacts and tasks without any hassle.

Cons

It would be great if eM Client could save information directly to eg OneNote or Google Keep the same way as Microsoft Outlook can do.

zvika from Public Safety

love this email client!

Pros

Using it for all my gmail accounts - great integration with GMail. Allows me to review all unread emails (from multiple accounts) . I tried other free/home-use for my personal use but none worked for me.

Cons

Sometimes it takes a while to download email-contents. not sure why . it will be nice to speed up the email content for the "current" item (i assume you're updating all content...)

Reasons for Switching to eM Client

i do not want to pay for Outlook and working with gmail-browser is not productive enough.

mike from Colorpix

client support is not good for a paying product.

This is no good client support. I bought 2 licenses, and have to wait weeks and weeks before they even answer.

Pros

Good layout, works fine to read and send mails

Cons

I can only see my mails from 2 months back. Submitted a ticket in October, got an answer 6 weeks later. Tried out their suggestion ( I had to buy a new license to be able to follow their suggestion ), and it still didn't work. After notifying them that the issue persists, still waiting for 3 weeks with no reply.

Response from eM Client

Replied December 2020

Hello, We're very sorry to see that our support failed to provide a solution in a reasonable time frame. Contact me directly at wilson@emclient.com and I'll try to clear this matter ASAP. Thank you and sorry for the inconvenience. George Wilson

Reliable email client

We use our POP email accounts with eM Client and while some other clients have stopped syncing and required logging in again from time to time, eM Client has been very stable and reliable. The dark and light modes along with the customization features make this a client almost every user can modify to their liking

Pros

- customizable user interface - Task tracker is very helpful to follow up on emails - Easy to switch between email accounts - Easy to setup

Cons

- Auto-sync may not work sometimes - The user interface can look cluttered at times due to the lack of separation between the sidebar and the email content

Dominik from Vertigo Dominik Chorąży

very good, with one huge problem

perfect with one propblem, like above.

Pros

rules, view's, graphics, basicly, everyfhing was as I wanted and work with this tool was always easy to find etc.

Cons

problem was , the software always was loosing some catalogs with emails and later it was download them again. mails, never was fully downloaded. and sometimes, from last several hours , only some emails was downloaded. others I was need to restart software or get emails by www. support neber solve this problem. maybe it was too many email (overt 100k on my account), but not supose to be, there is no limit.

proce, visualization, working

price

Nice email client

Except the search function I was pretty much satisfied. It worked well with the calendar and mostly it has very nice and clean design.

Pros

I liked the clean design and also the integration of calendar. Setting up is pretty easy as it imported my email accounts from Windows mail. Main feature I was looking for was snoozing of emails, which worked fine.

Cons

Little problem or confusion I had with the "search" function. I think it did not work 100% well across all my accounts. Also the pricing was a bit strange. If I bought 1 license for a 1-time price, why I wouldn't get future upgrades? That means for me that if they issue a new version next year, my will be outdated and I would have to buy new license? I was looking for a one time payment software.

Reasons for Switching to eM Client

I was looking for the "snooze" feature

Edgar from WorthWhile, Inc.

eM Client

It has served my needs. I tend to retain emails I shouldn't so i have a backlog that I periodically must delete. eM Client allows me to do it fairly easily by batching them.

Pros

eM Client is accessible across multiple platforms.

Cons

It's not obvious how to prevent particular regular emails from ending up in the "Junk" folder.

Reasons for Switching to eM Client

Easier to use, portability.

Gene from storks plows

good

Good , I don't always feel I get helpful support when I need it.

Pros

merging all my email accounts is really nice

Cons

The new update now makes me go through 2 print boxes in order to print.

Response from eM Client

Replied September 2019

Hi Gene, Thank you for your review. We are aware of the print issue and have resolved it internally so we'll release an update fixing the problem soon. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Michael from FIRA

Industry: Medical Devices

The review

Normally works like a charm ;-)

Pros

Esay connection to Cal/CardDav-Server, intuitive to use

Cons

connectivity between Tasks, Calender and email. Would be nice to intergrate task-lines to calender (show timelines). Sending invitations to MS-Outlook-users

Useablility, Cal-/Card-Dav-connection

Ed from LLD Electric Co

Good alternative to Outlook

Easy handling of email from multiple accounts, less cluttered interface than Outlook.

Pros

I'm not a fan of MS Outlook and was looking for an inexpensive alternative to handle Exchange email. It feels faster than Outlook and managing folders is better.

Cons

It occasionally has to restart due to database issues, but it's actually less of a problem than it was with Outlook.

Reasons for Choosing eM Client

Other options either did not handle Exchange or were more expensive.

I do not like Outlook.

Mark from WorldServe

Good software, strange licensing

Poor. Software is decent, but slow support and difficult point of purchase licensing make it not worth the hassle. We have 50 potential users but won't be working with eMClient.

Pros

It is an email client, pretty straightforward. Good clean interface, good connectivity between o365 and Google apps accounts.

Cons

I demo'd the software personally to see how it worked for organizational consideration. So I bought a license for my computer. After a while I wanted to put it on my laptop too to stay consistent (majority of time is at desktop, some meetings and travel with laptop). However, I discovered the software is machine licensed, not user licensed, so need to buy separate licenses. No ideal but not a big deal, I went through their website and there was mention of volume discounts. I reached out to support, which is very weak. Some language barriers which is okay, I can work with that. However, an attempt to purchase extra licenses took close to two weeks for a reply (weeks, not days). The response was even more baffling. If you buy two licenses 'at the same time' there is a deep discount. But if you buy one, then another the next day (for the same user, or even group of users) there is no discount. We have no problem paying full price for user licensing (desktop and laptop), or no problem with a volume system for users adding multiple machines. Why would you offer deep discounts, and then take that away when an organization wants to buy your software? Either have discounts or don't, but that's a strange carrot to wave and then pull back. Then there is the issue of waiting weeks for confusing answers that need clarification.

Easy to Use Alternative to Expensive Mail Clients

A great email client with a quick-and-dirty setup for basic needs.

Pros

eM Client was easy to set up and synced with most mail services with no problems.

Cons

Calendar features could use some work. Some advanced calendaring features (resources) a bit clunky or non-existent.