Browse Sunsama Reviews

Kim from Floodlight Training & Consulting

Great productivity tool with a nice daily workflow

I've tried nearly every productivity/task management tool out there, including (but not limited to) Trello, Todoist, ClickUp, Nirvana, Any.do, Asana, Wrike, and Quire. While many of these are solid tools, they didn't have what I'd call "the sticky factor". Sunsama has a workflow that works very well for me with a morning routine that helps me to plan my day and gives me vision focused on the day, but sightlines into the week as well. It actively helps me to maximize efficiency without overloading my day. The integration with Google Calendar is seamless and, together, I can manage my day with less stress and don't have to worry that things are getting left by the wayside.

Pros

Beyond the individual features, the daily workflow is really what sets Sunsama apart from other productivity tools (and I've tried most of them out there). The tool is built around setting up your day in the morning and closing out your day in the evening, and it works very well (at least for me).

Cons

While their integrations work well, I would love a browser extension that would let me add a page as a task (or an email from within my email platform, but they have an integration that pulls emails into Sunsama to accomplish that).

Reasons for Switching to Sunsama

Each tool had certain features that I really liked, but ultimately, Sunsama provided a workflow that meshes with my brain and how I work.

Erin from Chameleon Collective

Finally, a tool that helped me manage my task backlog and better prioritize urgent & important tasks

Great. So good, that I'm actually considering paying the $20/month fee for it after my free trial.

Pros

Sunsama is the best solution that I’ve tried so far in terms of time management, to-do’s, calendar, note-taking, etc. It’s helped me manage my task backlog and better prioritize urgent and important tasks. Very easy to use and a great on-boarding & integration setup experience. I'm still using it consistently after 2 weeks, so that's saying something!

Cons

I wish there was a better email integration that detected follow-ups and tasks. -- Even if it's similar to the gmail follow-up feature. My day can easily get derailed by my inbox and new tasks that come up from it.

Reasons for Choosing Sunsama

ClickUp looks like another Asana or Trello. I liked how Sunsama focuses on prioritization.

Reasons for Switching to Sunsama

Cloze and Evernote didn't help me prioritize enough. Sunsama is a great time management tool.

Response from Sunsama

Replied September 2021

Hi Erin! Thank you for the review. Glad you love the prioritization aspect. We're focused on helping people work sustainably instead of making them do as much as possible - that's a recipe for burnout. Glad to have you as a user :)

Vanessa from Fast Forward Marketing

No way to see or export completed tasks

Task Management

Pros

It has good marketing and integrations with other software.

Cons

No way to view or export completed tasks. Kind of important for a task manager. Also, when I wanted to cancel, I would not get a refund, rather a credit.

Rebecca from Wondershare Technology

Best Productivity App for me!

Sunsama is definitely one of the top 3 apps that help me stay productive at work and encourages me to work smarter, not harder. It's become especially valuable for me since we need to track the hours we spend on specific projects. Sunsama keeps all of this information in one place and with its tagging system, that really simplifies the process. I love that I'm able to go back and see exactly where my time went, through the tagging feature. It generates nifty reports so you can see where you spend your time and work on having realistic expectations of how much you can get done each day. 10/10 would recommend!

Pros

I've been using Sunsama for almost two years now, daily. There are many aspects that I love about this productivity tool: 1. It has a great interface and a relatively low learning curve. It's not too hard to figure out how to use the app so you can get right to it. I think it's really intuitive and a lot of flexibility to add as much details as possible (eg. links, descriptions, images). You can also repeat tasks so you only need to input things once. It helps you plan your day by letting you write in just how long you think it'll take to complete the tasks. They put in a new feature where you can put in a planned VS actual time for increased accuracy in the future. It will also let you time the task directly in the platform. 2. Since using Sunsama, I've convinced other team members to do so as well. The great part about this is that there are many features that allow for collaboration. Once someone is added to your team, you're able to see what they're up to for the day/week. You're also able to assign things to them directly on Sunsama. 3. Sunsama integrates easily with other apps I use daily, such as Gmail and Slack. You can create tasks to go on Sunsama directly. 4. I also appreciate the quick and thorough support from their customer support team; there is a live chat support feature found directly within the platform.

Cons

Of all their new updates, I'm not a fan of their archiving feature. Basically, if a task rolls over 4 times (because you didn't get to it), they will "archive it". You can bring it back if you go to your archives. I guess they're assuming that it's no longer important, but that just doesn't work for me because I'm worried I'll forget about it entirely (which has happened a few times).

Response from Sunsama

Replied September 2021

Thank you for the review, Rebecca! One of the things users love about our tool is how easy and guided it is compared to others. Glad you noticed and liked it too! Thank you for referring us to your team as well. We recenlty launched a Weekly Review feature which is similar to the daily reporting you mentioned, but for your week - I think you'll like it! Yash

Jesse from TheBusinessBlueprint, LLC

So good I wish they had an affiliate program

Like most productivity apps, you spend the first few days, weeks or months working in the app every day and then it falls off. So far with sunsama, I have been using this for a month and I literally look forward to logging in, planning my day, and working through my list of activities/tasks each day to stay highly productive. It has really helped me take my day to day work management to a new level and frees my mind of trying to remember everything I need to do. I love the time tracking feature, but wished they would add some reporting other than the daily summary. again, I want to reduce the number of apps I use, not add more.

Pros

As a business and functional team coach, I wish they had an affiliate program so I could recommend to my clients, give them a link, and I get paid for as often as I recommend their product. I am constantly trying to hack my work life so that I can maximize my earning potential with the least amount of effort. I have found that time management and work productivity/efficiency are the two ways to achieve that. I was previously using google calendar + google tasks + asana to manage my day and weeks. Since starting to use Sunsama, I stopped using google tasks and only use Sunsama to manage my activity and calendar. I have four google calendars and one outlook calendar across my various clients and contracts so managing my calendar, meetings and tasks are critical for me as a coach. I use calendar bridge to sync my multiple calendars and then I use sunsama to manage my week. I spend about 15 minutes planning my day each morning using sunsama, and I plan my week on Sundays by adding tasks from my backlog and asana into my work week. Overall, this has been a game changer for me, now I am looking at superhuman email app to try and hack my inbox of five different email addresses.

Cons

I wish they allowed more tasks and organization in the backlog as I want to reduce the number of apps I use and their only workaround is to use a tool like ToDo or Asana to manage a backlog of work. They have links to a mobile app, but it has never worked. A mobile app will be essential moving forward. You can't find it in the apple store. I wish they offered time reporting so I could run a monthly report on the effort I put across my various projects and clients, it would reduce the need to use another time tracking tool like Toggl.

Response from Sunsama

Replied September 2021

Hey Jesse, Thank you for your review. So glad to hear you stuck with Sunsama and that it has been a game changer for you :) We now offer weekly time reporting, monthly is on our list of improvements to make. We have an affiliate program too, just reach out to me yash@sunsama.com and I'll set you up! - Yash

Jason from Appeagle

Calendars, Tasks, and Meeting trackers all in one, with Slack integration.

Before Sunsama I was regularly using Google Calendars, MeisterTask, and Do.com at the office. Since our team introduced Sunsama into the toolset, I have 2 fewer tabs open on my browser at any given time, and 3 fewer tools to deal with in my day-to-day, and that's awesome. Let's get down to the features. Sunsama's calendar feature is pretty cool, ( I have my Google Calendar hooked into Sunsama) but I can create, edit and view events, as well as view other team members calendars and see meeting agendas. Sunsama also gives me an agenda view and daily agenda summary email every day so I know what's on my plate for the day. Next up is the meeting tracker, Meeting Tracker is extremely useful for setting up productive meetings. Setting agenda items are easy and can be assigned time limits and assignees for each item. Really useful and keeps meetings on point and on time. Tasks for me is kind of a super basic novelty feature in Sunsama, and I don't really use it. If you are a heavy user of task management tools to keep your tasks organized, I might recommend using a separate tool for this. Or you can just reach out the Sunsama support and let them know what you'd like to see in the app. They have been extremely communicative with our team, we suggested a handful of feature requests that we would love to see, and they delivered! Rather quickly as well. Another great feature here is the Slack integration. The integration alerts me when I have an upcoming meeting or if I've received a meeting invite, a comment, or a meeting has been canceled. The interface is subtle yet very clean, which allows me to be more productive. However, I feel that at times the experience can be cumbersome when switching between views. Overall, I really enjoy being in Sunsama every day, and the team over there has created a killer tool with really great potential.

Pros

Selecting and viewing teammates calendars. Setting up organized meeting agendas. Slack Integration. The app stability rarely goes down.

Cons

Sunsama's Tasks feature; although tasks can be useful, it is somewhat arbitrary in this tool.

Response from Sunsama

Replied November 2016

Hi Jason, Thank you for the detailed and honest review of Sunsama. We're still working hard on improving the functionality of tasks in Sunsama (once we have integrations with tasks tools) we think the experience will be a lot better. Overall, we're stoked to hear that you have less tabs open. I'd love to dig in on the trouble you're having switching between views and see if we can't improve those annoyances for you. Best, Ashutosh

Christine from CK ADHD Coaching & Consulting

Industry: Mental Health Care

Great calendar/productivity app

Sunsama is a great tool to use to manage your day. It includes time tracking, integration with current calendars, task management. And BONUS... it's easy to use. It doesn't take a super user to figure out how to get it up and running. Also, the customer service has been fantastic. The response time to a question I had was very timely. The only thing I wish is that the price point was lower. I have also asked them to build in an affiliate program. I hope they will look into this.

Pros

As an ADHD coach, I am always on the look-out for a calendar, time tracking, productivity solution for my clients (and myself)! Sunsama checked all the boxes. I love that it integrates with my existing calendar. It's planning the day feature helps "force" people to stop and think about the tasks that they need to include in their day. And the ease of moving lower priority tasks to the next day or even further out is perfect.

Cons

My biggest problem with the software is the cost. This would be a great tool for many of my student clients, however the monthly or annual cost is pretty high for them. It evens feels high for my own use, but I'm going to go ahead with it anyway.

Reasons for Switching to Sunsama

I am always checking out task managers, calendars, time tracking etc. Sunsama really comes up to the top by including so many different options of what I am looking for! And if you work in teams, that is also a feature although one I do not use.

Response from Sunsama

Replied September 2021

Hi Christine, Thank you for your review, some of our users struggle with ADHD and find that Sunsama really helps them stay focused on tasks and work sustainably. We do have an affiliate program, just reach out to me (yash@sunsama.com) and I can set you up!

A great tool to get things done

Sunsama was a great tool for me to use, when expanding to our team it wasn't quite as effective but it still is a great personal tool to track my calendar, my productivity and to plan tasks.

Pros

Sunsama provides a great tool to not only see your calendar but coordinate tasks so you can plan those into your day and also track when you're getting tasks done. This works for one person or even a small team or department.

Cons

Sunsama could improve how it manages the team tasks a little bit better. It's a good calendar with task tracking but it's not as full featured a task tracker with a calendar if you're looking for that tool, which for us meant having to duplicate tasks in multiple places.

Response from Sunsama

Replied November 2018

Thanks for this review! We're glad to hear Sunsama helps you get things done! That's why we built it :) I was hoping you could share a bit more about your challenges with managing tasks for the team. This is an area we're looking to improve in and your feedback would be awesome! - Ashutosh (CEO @ Sunsama)

Hybrid task manager with a focus on calendar visualization and prioritization

Helps me manage my task backlog and prioritize urgent and important tasks

Pros

I really like the concept behind Sunsama, and how they've approached it in a sort of fresh way: it's very urgency and importance focused (think quadrants) and is geared around helping you see what tasks need to be done the most and when on your calendar. You can create a backlog of tasks and quickly see which tasks are most important to put on your calendar. You can also setup reminders and recurring tasks and just put on your calendar what you know you can reasonably get done. I'd say it is also one of the best apps I've seen for meetings, with baked-in features for notes, action items, scheduling, social features and more. If you find yourself in a lot of meetings and with a daunting task list of varying priorities day-to-day, I'd say this is the app for you. It was a great way to manage the chaos and focus on what has to get done, and to keep track of things when you're always on the go.

Cons

However, what Sunsama has a harder time with (in my humble opinion) is managing tasks that have large scopes, i.e. reaching project level. If you are often managing various projects with many facets, tasks, timelines and employees, I think there are probably better apps out there for you. If most of your work is focused around individual clients or tasks that fall within a more narrow scope though, I think this is probably a great choice.

Response from Sunsama

Replied September 2021

Hi there, We appreciate the review, thanks! We recently lanched the Weekly Objectives feature which you may like for your longer term needs, check it out: https://www.loom.com/share/caf099867a194e44aa41ad0bdb3230c7

David from Insurance Broker Services

Best Task List Manager Ever!

Great product, service, and price!

Pros

This software is brilliant! For someone who has many tasks a day, it helps to prioritize with time estimates click and move tasks on day and week and month. Its time estimate on each task and total help me estimate what I can get done on each day (above other task mgt. systems). Also allows me to click and drag to the daily schedule to fill in a time lapsing hour by hour day set up. Also has a calendar feature that shows me when things are due and my appts. Good luck trying to find that elsewhere. Brilliant!

Cons

Click and drag attachment would help in some cases but not necessary.

William from Wellesley College

Solid, with some key areas for improvement

The strength of Sunsama's task management platform outweighs the struggles we've had with their collaborative work environment. I'd definitely recommend for those looking for a great way to manage and assign tasks both individually and across a team.

Pros

Sunsama makes it incredibly easy to manage your tasks. Prior to adopting Sunsama, I was relying on many, many, MANY handwritten to-do lists that quickly became out of date and confusing as new tasks were added and old tasks were updated with new information. With Sunsama, everything is in one place and you can constantly add new info and edit the scope of the tasks. To be honest, I don't know how -- and if -- I can go back to managing tasks without Sunsama.

Cons

Sunsama needs to improve their real-time collaborative environments. Our team uses Sunsama to manage meetings--specifically our twice-weekly scrum meetings that typically have long agendas. When Sunsama is at its peak performance, it's great -- it allows you to collaborative add and edit agenda items and assign actions items. That said, Sunsama isn't always at its best in this regard. The meeting page reloads regularly; sometimes content is lost; other times collaborators can't see newly added information or can't add info themselves. It's certainly gotten better -- and our struggles have become less frequent -- but there's still room for improvement.

Response from Sunsama

Replied August 2021

Hi William, Thank you for your review and feedback for Sunsama! As you noted, we're working on making it more robust and will continue to do so! The issues should be less frequent moving forward. Again, I really appreciate the solid review and am glad to have you and your team on Sunsama!

Katie from Luther Seminary and Augsburg University

Life-Changing Planning Software

I no longer have my calendar in one place, my to-do list(s!) in another, my personal goals in yet another, and my meeting notes in yet another--now everything is all in the same place, and it makes my life so much easier.

Pros

I have been looking for YEARS for a product like Sunsama, which allows me to integrate my Google calendar and to-do list in smart, intuitive ways. As someone who's always trying various productivity hacks to make my life easier, this is finally a tool I can settle on. I got rid of my planner and now exclusively use Sunsama. It helps me navigate each day, track my time, schedule what needs to be done, renegotiate with stakeholders, meet personal and professional priorities, take meeting notes, and collaborate with my team. It's literally the perfect planning tool.

Cons

Nothing! Seriously. I have been delighted with Sunsama. I'm excited for when they have an app--that'll be in the icing on the cake!

Reasons for Switching to Sunsama

I found it was an even more robust way to keep track of everything.

Response from Sunsama

Replied September 2021

Hi Katie, thanks for your review! So glad you're liking Sunsama. We launched a mobile app now. Feel free to get it here: https://app.sunsama.com/mobile

Very helpful in getting you organized, but for specific use cases

Sunsama has helped me to organize the multiple and overwhelming tasks from multiple parts of my life. I can't imagine another hub to manage everything.

Pros

I have many aspects and areas of my life; Sunsama helps me to manage all of them. The interface is clean and easy to use; I like the "Kanban for your life" philosophy that the team has going. The small team that works on the app is very engaging and personal. All of the integrations are amazing -- I primairly use Google Calendar, Trello, and Jira.

Cons

Right now, there isn't a native iOS or Android app. In order for mobile functionality you need to use it in-browser, which is hit or miss in terms of responsiveness.

Response from Sunsama

Replied September 2021

Hi there, Thank you for your review, glad you find the Kanban your life philosophy useful :) We launched a mobile app, get it here: https://app.sunsama.com/mobile

Beatriz from TruSTAR

This is great for team collaboration

I tried this out and loved the platform. I'm a bit disappointed in the task completion cap for freemium individuals. Looking forward to seeing more from Sunsama!

Pros

* Great for those who are used to Trello-like tasks and often collaborate on shared docs and items (i.e. Slack, Trello, JIRA). * Awesome desktop app * Integrates with your calendar to capture notes * Customer service is very responsive and even outbound to check on integrations Take a look if you're a Product Manager or managing several stakeholders

Cons

* Doesn't integrate with Confluence or Google Drive to sync up meeting and other notes * Meant for collaboration for teams, not necessarily for individuals

Response from Sunsama

Replied September 2021

Hi Beatriz, Thank you for your review! We removed the task completion cap, our free-trial users can use Sunsama to it's fullest capacity. Thanks!

Valentina from Distecnoweb

Great work with this.

Pros

Great, it is a very complete company and one of the best in terms of web calendars, it has a wide range of services and takes care of your needs, I love working with it, I recommend it 100%

Cons

I really do not have any complaints about this company, I am very satisfied with your services and I would use it again if I had the opportunity. Very good service

Response from Sunsama

Replied September 2021

Thank you for the awesome review, Valentina! So glad Sunsama fits your needs perfectly :)