All Wix Reviews

Reviewed June 2022

Wix is trix!

Frank

Reviewed July 2021

The only way to be a full stack developer without coding.

If you want to become a Full Stack web developer without learning HTML, CSS, PHP and JavaScript then WIX is the best CMS for you to choose. I've introduced a lot of friends to use WIX and they really enjoy it. I am now part of the WIX family.

PROS

After some few years in the web development world, I wanted the best CMS with more features that can help me design my websites without stressing on too much coding. Wix was there to rescue me. With Wix I can develop tons of websites within a week without CODING. This is so far the best CMS for every web developer. It is also easy for everyone to learn, customer and use.

CONS

I need more feature in Wix CMS because I'm stack and I won't use any CMS except. I don't have any problem with the price. It is very cool.

Reason for choosing Wix

Very simple to use and customize. I always do magic anytime I use WIX.

Reasons for switching to Wix

I also wanted a CMS that comes with a lot of features and also very simple for everyone to use.

Anil

Reviewed April 2024

Wix Insight by Drupal Developer

PROS

Wix gives me the ability to develop and design websites easily via drag and drop functionality which doesn’t involve coding.

CONS

I must integrate with Calendaring tools, but that’s a simple task.

Gregor

Photography, 2-10 employees

Reviewed February 2024

Is very nice for basic use

I tried to set it up and use it for some months only until I gave up and changed for word press that has much more add-ons and its much better supported and offers much more customization

PROS

The basic templates are easy to use and have a very good look and feel

CONS

When it comes to intermediate and advance features, it is very limited and hard to customize

Reason for choosing Wix

cost, look and promised customization and ease of use

Reasons for switching to Wix

They promised more options compared to what Google sites have to offer

Christina

Religious Institutions, 11-50 employees

Reviewed April 2024

For simple websites

PROS

It was easy to setup and meets most of our needs in terms of landing pages and quick event registration pages.

CONS

It is a mess in terms of code and tends to be slightly laggy and hard to upscale.

Muhammad

Hospital & Health Care, 10,000+ employees

Reviewed March 2024

Wix, your go to scheduling system.

PROS

Wix Bookings is an easy-to-use scheduling system for small to medium sized businesses

CONS

Customizability is an issue along with most of these type of products, unable to select custom appointment length.

Joy

Marketing and Advertising, 2-10 employees

Wix is a lifesaver

PROS

As a digital marketing college student, we had to make websites every month or so and wix was a major life changer. It’s so easy to navigate and you can get a website set up in less than an hour!

CONS

I have no issues with it at all! I found it so quick and easy

Tiego

Broadcast Media, 1 employee

Wix review

PROS

I have been with wix for less than 6 months and i have been learning new things

CONS

Sometimes it is always legging and messing things up for you

Denise

Retail, 1 employee

Used monthly for less than 12 months

Quick simple website builder

It’s fairly simple to design webpage and implement

PROS

It’s fairly easy to use and implement webpage

CONS

Some functions are complicated or difficult to finagle

Arran

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 1 employee

Reviewed April 2020

Reviewing Wix

My Overall view is that Wix do give a great service and its very easy to use and to get a great site up and going in a few days if not in one day ! Only thing id say is that they are dragging their heals in updating the back end of the shop to make it better but the costs of Millions seems to be putting them off !! Bite the Bullet Wix !!

PROS

Great Platform, Never Crashes and fast to upload, Great information on how to use Wix and you dont have to be an Expert to use and to make a great website

CONS

No Cons,ive found over the years its always up and going 24/7 so never no down time, i find it very hard to dislike anything about the Wix platform

Reason for choosing Wix

the price is cheaper and theres not much difference in the platform compared to Wix Vs Shopify

Reasons for switching to Wix

Wix has a stronger and faster platform and it dont crash as much as Yola did.

awogor

Design, 2-10 employees

Used more than 2 years

Reviewed August 2019

Simple, good and easy to use drag and drop website builder

I have used Wix on 4 different websites and I must say, it's easy, fast and good platform for website design for companies and portfolios. I will always recommend

PROS

You don't probably need to a Pro User in order to make a website with Wix. With Wix's Drag and Drop website builder, you can easily build your personal portfolio website, photographic site, lifestyle, eCommerce store for advance users etc. It's generally appart from WordPress one of those platforms I respect so much when making websites for my clients. They take care of Hosting service and your domain you only pay for their platform and start using it.

CONS

It's not the best place for content management and therefore do not offer total user experience for companies website just like with WordPress, you can post publications in a blog section of your website. The more features you require, the more money you spend.

Reason for choosing Wix

I didn't choose over WordPress completely. I still combine both platforms depending on what my clients want and the financial capability, then I choose a platform that best fits their resource availability.

Reasons for switching to Wix

I switched from Simple Site, I won't say because their platform was not standard, but I will rather say that I was still learning and didn't really understand their platform well.

WENDY

E-Learning, 2-10 employees

Reviewed December 2020

User Friendly Website Builder

Overall , I am a happy Wix user so far. Everything in WIX is a no-brainer. Even if you do, there's always a friendly help support team to ask around with. So, go ahead and try it out. Building a website wouldn't be a headache with WIX ;)

PROS

I really like how versatile WIX is. You can basically be as creative as you want in building your own website. Even if you are not as creative , the beautiful templates given are enough to make you choose the perfect design. Or you can even let WIX to do the site building job for you as they have a very convenient and intelligent . Just answer a few questions and let Wix to start building your website. You just need to make some personal touch and that will be guided by Wix as well. I love the fact that there is a cropping tool which can really cut off your time if you're not a photoshop user. The tool gives you the simplest way to crop out background and saving you lots of time. Also, another thing to love is that how simple it is to integrate other software into wix . Even if you are from a zero coding background, integration becomes easy as ABC and that's no joke.

CONS

I have to say that I didn't like the fact that most widgets added in Wix are some add on feature which require you sign up and pay. I have to say as convenient they are, the usage is quite limited and the price is somewhat expensive. For example, there is a limit for the forms and subscribers name lists . Hence, as a user, we have required to use 3rd party software to be integrated such as Zapier and Hubspot. I just realized that by using Wix as a website, it means that you are bound to use it for the rest of your life as you cannot transfer your site to some other site builders. It wouldnt be much of a big deal if you have already done it as the features in Wix are quite comprehensive and useful.

Reason for choosing Wix

I have heard how Wordpress is easily hacked by others so I decided to choose Wix in the end because so far, I have only heard good security about Wix.

Sports, 2-10 employees

Reviewed June 2021

Fast and Easy

My overall experience with Wix has been extremely positive. My sites are put up and edited quickly, and can be completely overhauled and changed at any time. The drop and drag features make it a snap for novice users.

PROS

I have three sites up and they are simple to build and edit. The software is terrific for small businesses that don't have an "IT" person on staff and need to get things updated quickly. There are plenty of options in terms of templates, fonts, buttons, graphics, and more.

CONS

The only negative thing is having to purchase multiple custom emails. It's a bit pricey for small businesses. It would be nice if you received three emails as the standard purchase.

Reason for choosing Wix

I chose Wix because of the ease of use and the sites look more professional.

Reasons for switching to Wix

Price and quality- Wix was better in both areas.

Design, 2-10 employees

Reviewed August 2021

A solid no to low-code offering, with frequent new enhancements

Very positive for our studio's needs, where presentation and design are on par with utility. Wis is not going to work for those who are hard-core, coder-only types.

PROS

Truly a no-code option for those needing that, and a low-code option being brought up to speed with the new Velo offering. Ascend Marketing platform add-on is a good value for the faeture set. Support is almost always exceptional.

CONS

Not pleased with some of the awkward interface issues with Velo, the coding aspect of the platform. It has a ways to go before I would consider it mature and offerting some of the same parity on CMS features.

Reason for choosing Wix

All around a much cleaner UI, awesome support , rapid ease of deployment.

Reasons for switching to Wix

Joomla is clearly a sunsetting product - no major upgrade in over 3 years, the core devs seem to have lost their way. Its stable of offerings for its 3rd party component and plugin architecture is wooly and not well managed. Frustrating beyond measure from a design standpoint. Wordpress, despite its ubiquity, is still very much a coder's platform. We are moving progressivly toward low, to no-code offerings.

Alfredo

Mechanical or Industrial Engineering, 11-50 employees

Reviewed March 2022

Great easy to use platform but be wary of its "Low Cost", most additional basic features will cost

If you're coming from another platform such as wordpress or creating your first website for your business or personal use, this is a god send. Just be careful to understand all the right features for you, what you need, so you don't end up with a plan that is 5x what you would've planned initially. It gets out of control really fast. Other than that, it's a pretty reliable platform for novice users and want a site that looks more professional.

PROS

I found the whole wix platform and ecosystem easy to use, tightly integrated and with a simple user experience. Setting up a website, modifying it and publishing is quite straightforward. There are a vast number of templates, and the editing features are very easy to use for non coders or non graphic designer. You can move around elements and change sizes with ease.

CONS

Pretty much any additional and sometimes necessary feature needs an upgrade, so it can become easily a "not so cheap" option. It's really a trade off but not the one you enjoy doing. The customer support is lacking to non existant, so if you never run into any questions or problems, you're going to be fine. But the moment you have a problem that needs an answer, it's not an enjoyable experience. They do have a quite robust FAQ and help guide, but in my experience it doesn't cover a lot of ground on average issues that may arise.

Price

Reasons for switching to Wix

Updating anything on wordpress is a design nightmare, changing templates is impossible since it'll misconfigure anything, and then you have the extra cost of having to pay for a server. I just don't think wordpress is a friendly solution for noncoders and nondesigners, it's not for your average joe

Justin

Entertainment, 2-10 employees

Reviewed April 2022

Wix is the Easiest Website Builder on the the Internet

Wix was able to solve my hosting and website design issues in a user friendly website builder that solved some of my biggest hurdles on the internet. It allowed me to focus on other things that I was not able to tend to and freed up a lot of my time.

PROS

I am not really a web designer. I have spent thousands of dollars attempting to build "the perfect website." However, I was never really happy with any of my websites and continued to search on the internet for other options. After seeing numerous commercials on TV and also raving reviews from my friends, who are also not web designers, I decided to give Wix a chance. It really changed the game for me. I was able to build my website in one day and fine tune it over time. I also love the fact that it includes free hosting. That was really something that popped out at me.

CONS

I would like to see more 3rd party integrations. I also would like to see more tutorials on how to use the deeper functions and connect all the dots. I feel like the pricing is kind of steep but I understand that it is costly to build a website. However, since the hosting was included, I felt like it was a worth while investment to do the yearly plan.

Reason for choosing Wix

BigCommerce REALLLLLLY sucks. There was no easy way to navigate it and the 3rd party integrations totally sucked. Shopify took too much commission on sales and that deterred me away from using it.

Reasons for switching to Wix

It was waaaay too complicated and I needed something super simple and easy to work with. I was tired of having to learn complicated features and it was too technical.

Internet, 2-10 employees

Reviewed January 2022

The easiest drag-drop website builder available!

Our company uses Wix to manage website pages, blogs, and sales funnels. With Wix, changing content and updating templates is fast and easy. Wix provides a variety of responsive templates that can be adapted to the needs of the client. According to business requirements, I can create custom fields in the Wix platform for the contact page, left sidebar, and internal pages of the site. Wix can also be used for marketing purposes.

PROS

Using this platform, you can create a website for free. Anyone with a basic understanding of web design can create a website! It is my favourite thing about Wix that everything is drag and drop. The design of a page is incredibly easy. The best thing about it is that you don't need to know how to code. Wix provides a wide range of high-quality templates for you to choose from, and you can alter it as you please. There are lots of layouts and design elements to choose from, and that makes it ridiculously easy to create a marketing funnel or a sales funnel in no time.

CONS

Formatting the website page fonts and colours for a mobile phone can be a bit challenging if you make it on a desktop computer. Unless you have developer-level expertise on mobile formatting your Wix website, the service terms for what you offer may be difficult to format.

Reasons for switching to Wix

Simpler and much faster to create and manage websites from one dashboard.

shakeel

Reviewed July 2022

Wix: world easiest drag-drop website builder

My overall experience with Wix has been positive. My expertise in website building is limited, but Wix made it easy for me. There are a lot of features I love about Wix, including e-commerce, multiple payment gateways integrations, and automation emails.

PROS

Wix is best tool for quick starting web designing without coding. If you are an entrepreneur or a small business owner, you can build a website on a budget. Wix also offers paid and free plans with a lot of feathers, built-in templates, and SEO tools. There are all the features you need to build a simple, customizable, and pleasing website at first glance with this tool. Probably, the biggest reason people prefer Wix is the speed at which they can build a website and the ease at which they can update it.

CONS

Compared to other platforms, Wix websites can sometimes appear less professional. Your website's user experience will be diminished when you build it with a DIY site builder, which can lead to lost customers and revenue. It is not good to use the free version of this platform because it contains a watermark.

Reason for choosing Wix

I was looking for something simple and fast at the time, and Wix provided exactly that. It was less expensive and more customizable.

Michelle