• Pros

• "Easy to use and understand User-friendly Importing and exporting a lot of information is very very easy. Have a great team when you need support Price is the best for its service"

• "I like that PIM is the kind of product that can be adapted to meet the needs of my business and that it organizes the information for each product quickly and easily."

• "- Very easy to use - Great customer support - Always operational - Clear about updates - Very flexible"

• Cons

• "The font is kind of boring to look at but all else is superb."

• "- Still in development, advanced functies missing, like calculated attributes - Some minor annoyances, like that there is no option to set and/or rules for filters."

• "Not much to complain about, because the team is still relatively small it can take a while for some suggestions to be implemented but this is more of an inconvenience than an issue. "

Browse Plytix Reviews

Elias from Do it Center

Product management made easy

Great service and support . Nice to have a spanish account manager. We didn't have to install any servers on our side, the setup process was really easy. Free trial to test everything and be sure about the platform capabilities.

Pros

- It has very good UX. - Cloud based - Great support (English and Spanish) - Easy setup process

Cons

We are just waiting for API integrations regarding the data sync between plytix and our backoffice.

Response from Plytix.com

Replied September 2018

Muchas Gracias Elias! Thank you so much for your wonderful review! It's a pleasure to be able to provide you with a system where you can centrally manage your product data, and with new improvements and features being developed everyday, the API will be ready in no time! This is just the beginning of your exciting journey with Plytix. Saludos, Plytix.

Isaiah from Hands Craft US, Inc.

It's the best value PIM software available online!

Keeping our database in sync and online.

Pros

The value of their product and services is absolutely the best! Plytix is the first PIM database we have purchased but before, we tried all the top PIM solutions in the market and we could not meet their prices. The Plytix gave us the best offer for implementing the PIM system. Once we went through the onboard process which was a breeze thanks to their support group, there was some learning curve of about one week to get things rolling. Once understanding the way Plytix operates, it was very easy to use. We took about two weeks of tweaking the data columns as how we wanted it and from then on, it's been well used. We work with close to 2,000 skus. We have uploaded all the data we can imagine onto Plytix. And exporting the data was very easy too but it would require some setting up and tweaking involved. We are using plytix to upload our product database, images, files, and custom prices for customers that established a unique pricing structure. Plytix also has catalog feature which can export certain products or all the products as a pdf. This can be used for catalog or individual tech sheets. It is still in need of updating some of this feature. They are constantly working on improving the programs and features which is why we will stay with them long term. We are most satisfied with their products and services.

Cons

Cons about the Plytix is when creating an export job, we had to add each data column one by one instead of "add all data columns". The exporting requires choosing which data columns to export. The PDF catalog feature is limited as we cannot choose the size of the product image. Cannot generate a PDF price list with small thumbnail image of the product because it will usually show one item per one page. Once an attribute is created, it cannot change type. If an attribute is number type, you cannot change to text type after it's been created. You will have to find alternate way. By duplicating, recreating attribute with new type, and then deleting old attribute. There is no "undo last import". It would be great feature to have. When browsing all products, the thumbnail view of images are too small. When selecting what items to put in the catalog, you can select the entire page but the page is limited to 100 items. So there are 2,000 sku, you have to flip through 200 pages and make selections per page instead of selecting by filter, or have select all and then unchecking items not to show.

Robert from Parkway Digital

Life Simplification via a PIM

Beyond making my own life easier, Plytix has opened new doors. Moving from a siloed e-commerce model to a product-data ubiquity model has freed us from the development overhead and delays previously incurred whenever a new data-model required fulfillment. Now we can move fast. We can be nimble, testing new opportunities at nearly zero cost. Experientially, the Plytix Team has been remarkable to collaborate with. Everyone is an expert. Everyone seems to be sincerely invested in our successes and willing to dig-in to respond to our specific needs. It's an impressive team they've built.

Pros

The centralization of all product information into a single, easily maintainable, data-source that is both extremely flexible and very robust. The ease with which I'm able to then live-feed our product data to internal and external systems is also remarkable. Over all, I like best that Plytix simplified my life. We now have an "authoritative source" for all product data and it's portable to wherever we need it. A very impressive platform.

Cons

Developers in the USA that have experience with Plytix is somewhat limited, as compared to something large like SAP Product Content Hub. This is somewhat mitigated by the fact that the Plytix PIM is intuitive enough that the learning curve is very short.

Marco from Anteprima Brandws International Ltd

Plytix isn't the best but enough to start with

Pros

easy to use features. We started using it in a short time and all our colleagues understood clearly how to use it.

Cons

No administration levels. It's too easy for anybody which has access to the system to delete also accidentally important data in each record.

Response from Plytix.com

Replied June 2019

Hi Marco, thanks for your review, and your honest feedback - it's always useful to hear how we can improve our product and service. Aside from assigning administration levels (which you'll be pleased to hear is on the development roadmap), is there anything else you feel is missing from the PIM? Feel free to write me with any feedback at heather@plytix.com

David from Archer Signs & Panels Ltd

Plytix Index

We are using Plytix Index as the base to relaunch our new e-commerce websites and allow us to integrate with more than one marketplace in the future - We have come to realise after 12 years of selling online our data was poor and needed to be organised to build for the future.

Pros

The one thing about Plytix Index I like is the Ease of use of the software - unlike alot of other PIM's I dont have to be a programmer to get it to work, Its quick and efficient and will form the base of our continuing development for our e-commerce business. The support guys are amazing and will do almost anything to help.

Cons

Unfortunatley I have personally tried to run before I can walk, I want the features of a $30000 p/year PIM for Almost free and the cost per SKU can work out expensive if you have a lot of products like us - The developers are continuing to work on new features which in time will make Pytix Index something to be rivaled.

Response from Plytix.com

Replied September 2018

Thank you so much David - we loved your feedback! It's true, we're developing our system for new features and improvements every single day, and we thank you always for your patience! Anything you need - you know where we are ;) P.S The support team have big cheesy grins after reading your review!

Lee from Drive DeVilbiss Healthcare

Simple use. A very honest, no nonsense bunch that are clearly working on improvements consistently,

Pros

Having been strung along for weeks by a competing company prior to receiving an astronomical quotation, I opted to have a look at you guys. In which I was convinced you were for me, within an hour, on the basis of the functions meeting our requirements, and you guys there being brutally honest of what you can, can't and will be able to do. Favourites being ease of use in general, the functionality of catalogues, and how helpful people have been on the live chat.

Cons

I'm unable to create user accounts for my colleagues until I can select who can and cannot amend product details - I have been informed that this is being worked on however. Additionally, if I'm in 'All Products' and apply a quick filter, I'd like to be able to go in and out of products on that list without having to apply the filter each time or saving as a list (maybe just be able to click on a product and open it in a new tab?). No altering of the pdf look/layout beyond the covers, which in testing I find sometimes don't print full page (couple inches of white on the right and bottom despite correct spec, while other times it works fine).

Juan from Champion Power Equipment

Industry: Machinery

Extremley Easy to Navigate

Pros

Everything is simple and clear to navigate through. I can easily search for a product, download all images, and other documents with a simple click, and never have to worry about not finding what I'm looking for.

Cons

The font is kind of boring to look at but all else is superb.

Semih from Decortie Uk Ltd

Industry: Furniture

Great Quality and very passionate team

It is a must for online retail business and Plytix is one of the best solution for this area. I searched almost for 1 year to find to best solution and an affordable product. Plytix helps my company to save time more than I expected

Pros

Cons

Need more specific improvement for attributes area

Daniel from Twisted X

So far Plytix has been a positive experience from both product and support.

Pros

The speed and efficiency in which we are able to upload, modify, access and share all of our product information has been very beneficial.

Cons

Direct ERP integration would be a helpful. Options to customize the look and feel of the catalogs falls a bit short.

Bryan from VTP Ltd

Looking Good

We have a complex and incredibly diverse product data, that needs to be edited in very specific and different ways to serve a number of different channels, Plytix seems to be able to help us to achieve a working structure to manage all this, our product data is by nature extremely difficult to set up and we are more than happy with the assistance we have had and continue to have from our support staff at Plytix

Pros

The knowledge and honesty of the staff I have dealt with, the release cycle of new features

Cons

Takes some time to understand how to get our data to fit, but I suspect this would be true whichever PIM solution was used

Albert from EnergyWorld Light GmbH

Intelligent solution for small money

before the introduction of Index we had stored our product data in .XLSX tables.... Horror. With Index I can now retrieve our product data from anywhere, share it with customers and with Index we are very fast with our products on the market. Our wish is to be able to generate beautifully arranged and visually appealing data sheets with Index.

Pros

The ease of use, data entry and open database structure is great. Plytix Index is best suited for PIM beginners as well as advanced users. Of course not everything is perfect but the Plytix team is very customer oriented and takes customer needs into account when developing the software.

Cons

A PIM must fulfill the following four tasks for me: - input - Processing - Analysis - output The first three makes index good, the output still has improvement potential. The feed export in .CSV, .XML and .XLSX is great but the catalog PDF export function is still not sufficient today. The customer must be able to create his own PDF catalog or Index must offer at least a selection of templates. Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator

Response from Plytix.com

Replied September 2018

Thank you for your very honest and fair review Albert! We hope to be feature complete soon enough for you to be able to create those beautiful data sheets - thank you every day for your patience, and for putting your faith in us! It's a pleasure to know we are helping you get your product information to the market faster. Bests, Plytix

Excellent. Saved me days of work. Has more than paid for itself already!

Saved me time and money by allowing me access to product data quickly. But also able to share selected product data with selective customers.

Pros

- Ease of use - Can set up and operate without an IT degree! - Flexibility - You can change data quickly using bulk edits / uploads. But can adapt the data held to your requirements. - Structure - Well structured system that makes sense but also the structure allows a high degree of flexibility Overall an easy to set up and use system that makes managing large product catalogues a breeze. Beats a spreadsheet any day. Now an integral part of our business now and in the future. Thank you to plytix for delivering a great product.

Cons

- Sometimes doesn't work well with firefox browser, so I have had to switch to chrome. When i had an issue i contacted the service team and they dealt with it quickly telling me what i needed to do.

I use PIM daily and am satisfied with the experience so far. Previous user of Salsify.

Plytix PIM helps me organize and work within my business's inventory quickly and easily.

Pros

Cons

Plytix lacks crucial NEXT BUTTONS that make moving from one product to the next in a group a process that can either be a. smooth and easy or b. a repetitive task of jumping back and forth in the same two pages repeatedly.

Alex from Englewood Marketing Group

Since we started January, Plytix has been everything we've hoped for and more!

Hours saved on item setups, saving time for us to work on other side projects!

Pros

I like the way we take advantage of using your feeds and catalogs. We can personalize everything we do based on each customer and it saves us hours for each build/setup we have for them. I also like the layout of the software - it's very easy to maneuver around and it's very visual, making it easy to work on something with Plytix open on another screen. Lastly, I love the customer service. Your service is a big reason we decided to go with you because you

Cons

The thing we like least about Plytix was not being able to make lists with a bulk search, or search for products using multiple skus. Because we have item setups of over 100 some times, it is a pain making lists by searching for one SKU at a time.

Andy from ChromebookParts.com

Industry: Computer Hardware

Plytix makes me life easier on a daily basis

I have used Plytix to solve more problems than I can possibly list. Even as a simple organizational tool, it is has more than proven its worth to me. Beyond that, it's potential to assist in tying our various platforms together as our mothership of information is exciting.

Pros

Plytix is a very useful tool for organizing our product data. I have a SKU database of nearly 3000 items. Plytix gives me the ability to create my own attributes and group them how I need. I can then create feeds using my own custom criteria to perform a ton of different tasks within my company's various departments. Implementation assistance and support has been top-notch. From that aspect alone, I've yet to see Plytix outperformed.

Cons

Nothing major. Minor issues are resolved quickly and professionally.

Gabi from Disqounts

Very satisfied

Plytix Index is a great way to organize content and product related files, but is still in development. It has all the basis functions you can ask for, but lacks sometimes in speed and advanced functionality. Their great customer support makes up for it though!

Cons

Response from Plytix.com

Replied September 2018

Hey Gabi, thanks for a fantastic and very fair review! You'll also be delighted to hear that as of today, and/or filtering is NOW possible! We'll continue to improve the system don't you worry, and a big thank you from the customer support team for the kind words! Need anything? You know where we are :)

Easy to use, easy to follow guides and an overall superb support team

This saved me tons of hours of work, and my customers can now grab all the necessary information daily without a hassle or contacting me at all.

Pros

Besides the fact that it's a really powerful tool to make sure you have all the information in one place, it's really easy to create hundreds of feeds which customers can just 'snatch' daily. You just import the latest specifications, and they can always grab your latest stock or other information that might change on the regular.

Cons

The Live Chat window sometimes covers up other buttons so you might be searching until someone points out you forgot how to read.

Carolyn from Barker Creek Publishing, Inc.

Industry: Publishing

We vetted several PIM options before signing on with Plytix. We have never second-guessed our choice

We feel Plytix is a very robust solution for small businesses in need of a PIM system.

Pros

Plytix is very user friendly -- and the support they offer is fantastic. We opted to pay for 10 hours of onboarding support as part of our package and found it has greatly accelerated our onboarding process. Our set up team is very happy with the support they are receiving and the knowledge they are gaining.

Cons

At this point, the software has met or exceeded our expectations. We hope that, down the road, Plytix will make it possible to do direct feeds to some of our key trading partners.

Dheeraj from V-TAC

Amazing!

Pros

1) Easy to Use/ quick access to all our data 2) Catalog feature 3) Being able to link the database to our systems for quick update of the information. 4) Also none of it would be possible without the plytix team :D

Cons

These are not cons rather suggestions 1) I would like to be able to give access to many people of our plytix where they should just be able to view the database and download and not edit or delete 2) Should have a place where i should be able to take a download of the entire database of information.

Mai from Mai Copenhagen and Copenhagenwatches

Easy content creation and getting my product data out on my channels

I save a lot of time and it makes my work much easier to push my data out on new platforms.

Pros

This solution has saved me so much time on content creation and getting my Product data out on my channels. What I like best though, is how user friendly it is - I'm not very technical at all. The catalogs let me share my Product information with my Agents abroad and I'm gonna share them on my website next. I don't know what I would do without the PIM system now.

Nicole from Englewood Marketing Group

Great tool!

Plytix is a great tool. It is organized and very user friendly. Customer service is top notch, always friendly and willing to help out.

Pros

Plytix is very user friendly! It is a great way to keep your data organized and they are always adding new tools and tricks to make it easy to use.

Cons

The process for downloading images or downloading a file to get the link. I wish it were easier than the current process.

Joshua from Hardscape

Still in the process of populating data but so far a very positive experience using the product

Plytix has started us on the journey of getting a usable, flexible, convenient product library that would be very difficult to achieve to the same level without. It's one of the many pieces that are being newly implemented to accelerate our growth and really take things to the next level

Pros

Plytix has a fantastic team when it comes to customer support, from trialling, to learning, to suggesting new features there was always someone that I could speak to either via email which is always replied to within the same day or by phone which I could make an appointment for within a few days.

Erica from Littlest prince couture

Great for a lot of product

Customer service is amazing!!! They help whenever you need them, even with video chat to really help understand how to use everything!

Pros

Its is great to store all of your product information and when you have many items it makes it great to have it all in one place

Cons

Some of the set up can be tedious when you have many items

Easy to use, extremely intuitive. Overall useful.

Pros

Infos are easy to find, add, edit and organize. I find it very easy to implement to my team and I like how fast it is.

Cons

Can't tag my colleagues in tasks, as to allocating traslations or infos added. It is a pity because it is a collaborative tool

Powerful platform which requires some learning first

Single, consistent repository of product information

Pros

High flexibility in customizing fields, multiple images, media, etc... Easy to import/export big quantities of data Super supportive and knowledgeable support team

Cons

Difficult to manage the Product/Variant duality and ensure consistency for the shared fields Quite complicated adding a lot of fields in the Feeds (unlike Catalogs which is very easy) Feeds/Catalogs could be merged, allowing for both file export and web visualization It would be nice to have preconfigured ecommerce flows (e.g. Shopify, Amazon, etc...)

Plytix functionality

Very good experience with customer support in case of questions or feedback

Pros

1 easibility of the software 2: Speed and overview of most channel availability

Cons

Compatibility and limitations on design product brochures

Great customer service from the Plytix team during the free trial lead us to our purchase.

The customer service team are excellent and even though the software is missing some features compared to more established platforms, many work around are possible working with them. The price savings against the other platforms are also significant for small business with relatively few SKUs.

Pros

Simple interface, no overly complicated setting. Attribute grouping allows you to differentiate product groups. Excellent customer service using live chat from within the platform.

Cons

Some features that competitors have are missing such as hiding attributes for certain products and using workflows.

Cory from Cybercartel

I use this software several times a week. It's intuitive in many ways.

The benefits I got most from this software were the ease of navigation benefits. The ability to quickly fill out a form is what is most important in my position.

Pros

Once you're in a form it's easy to navigate around the form quickly. I can fill out many fields rapidly with the push of just a few buttons.

Cons

It's less easy to navigate from one page to another quickly. Once I'm finished working in one form, it takes many clicks to get to the next form. There is no "next" button, so I have to return to my master list to find my next form.

Road to Efficiency

Pros

Easy to use Fantastic customer support Makes our lives easier

Cons

That we didn't hear about and implement it sooner!

Plytix fills basic product management void.

Normalizing product content and building product feeds. Platform continues to add new features/functionality.

Pros

Plytix is simple to use and configure and I've been most pleased with the support. Any issue I've had has always been resolved straight-away.

Cons

Plytix is not an enterprise-level tool. So, at this point its void of some of the workflow and data standardization tools one might expect from a typical PIM. But it fills the need for reasonable product management at a fair price.

Jennifer from The Distribution Point

Industry: Warehousing

Exactly what we were looking for

Pros

Plytix it is exactly what we were looking for to better organize our data & content and manage our digital assets. It is easy to use and straight forward. It has just what we need without being overwhelming.

Cons

We are still in the early stages of using this platform but we have not had any issues. Support has been great when we have had questions.

December 2015

Martin from Digital Excellence

December 2015

Amazing Product

This is a must have tool for every brand and webshop. We've saved so much time using Plytix and the data we're getting has improved our business. I can't believe this hasn't been done before.

February 2016

Emil from bObles

February 2016

Great service

The dashboard is really intuitive and having one location where we can manage our products and their data from other sites is beyond what I thought was possible. Keep up the good work!

Sergio from Al Fakal

Industry: International Trade and Development

Nice Akeneo free and online alternative

Pros

It's free and I can use it online. It serves my PIM needs.

Cons

I would like option to create variations automatically, and the e-catalog use is not clear and easy, must be self-learned. Should be easier to download CSV / XLS file.

Tristan from Parker Building Supplies Ltd

Industry: Building Materials

An ease to use

So far so good! Support and all the guys over at Plytix are really easy to get on with and always seem willing to help with expert support.

Pros

The ability to create PDF catalogues on the fly

Cons

Could use some more customisation features overall

Very easy to use and offers a lot support to make my job more efficient

A great time saver in a bunch of different areas. Would recommend this software to any business in our field of business.

Pros

How easy it is to grab the items I'm looking for. Our setups go from hours long now to only minutes. Very efficient tool to have if you have a lot of different Sku's.

Cons

Would just like the ability to create more custom sell sheets or make them look a little different depending on what I'm using them for