All MediaShout Reviews

Great presentation software

Adrian

Environmental Services

Reviewed June 2018

Excellent Product and Great Value for Money!

Stability and mobility. I'm a life customer with MediaShout and would not hesitate to recommend it to other people.

PROS

You can do most things under the one computer. No multiple machines or feeds required. This is very useful for a mobile church setup. It also comes with multiple features that you often have to pay extra for with other products such as loads of Bible versions, Songs and Hymnals. MediaShout also has first grade tech support that quickly respond to issues encountered. MediaShout has been faithfully serving our church and multiple ministries for over 15 years. Our church was one of the first users of this product in Australia.

CONS

Text editing is probably the weakest point, which we sometimes have to rely on PPT instead for better formatting, but MediaShout is overall a very strong and all rounded product.

Carlyn

Non-Profit Organization Management, 2-10 employees

Reviewed July 2020

Have used for over ten years

PROS

Easy and intuitive once you are up and running. Many times I've been w/o a tech and had to grab a random person from the congregation to advance the screens while I was directing. Literally tell them "Just hit the space bar ". Have recruited several tech subs that went on to being proficient once they tried it!

CONS

The down time needed to learn each new full version (not the updates).

Reason for choosing MediaShout

I've been to seminars where they pushed PP. Had to keep pointing out MS does the same things, in my opinion easier. Especially if u rely on non-techs to fill in

Reasons for switching to MediaShout

Much faster, adding moving backgrounds are a snap

Jim

Religious Institutions, 11-50 employees

Reviewed April 2022

Media Shout 7

Has been very good over the years until now. Very disappointed that they failed to carry over key working features of MS 6 to their new product MS 7. And disappointing that they will not refund the upgrade purchase cost for an admitted deficient product. IOW, you have to purchase this new product to see what is in it, but with a no return policy if it will not meet your needs. = a poor business practice that will discourage long term customer base.

PROS

With Media Shout 7, they've made text entry cues very easy.

CONS

Having used MS 5 & MS 6, (a long time customer) our upgrade to MS 7 is disappointing, and MS 7 is unworkable for us for the following reasons. 1) The fire and other control button are now too small , and can hardly locate for those with older eyes. 2) The display window on right column will not adjust to a larger size and is too small so see clearly what is displayed. 3) The editor box although very large, is fixed and unable to resize like MS 6 does, not does it mirror the main display (even in presenter mode, it does not mirror the display screen. ) 4) They removed the insert Comments feature. Now you can only comment within a cue box . I spoke with Customer service on 4-25-22. They are always polite, but acknowledge MS 7 's stated shortcomings, and said upgrade sales are final. - no refund. So we will continue to use MS 6 until they either restore those lost features to MS 7, or when MS 6 finally crashes, purchase another vendor's product. Note: I don't like to complain, but if you are looking to upgrade from MS 6 to MS 7, buyer beware. Sales staff are aware of these changes issues between MS 6 & MS 7, and frankly should have given a disclaimer, but did not....again, disappointing. We are content with MS 6, except for the hoops involved to insert a text cue. Jim

Reason for choosing MediaShout

previous product contentment and overall ease of use.

VL Chip

Reviewed June 2021

Satisficed

PROS

MS7 seems to run much more efficiently on our machines, additionally once the service is prepared by staff and saved to the media storage device, the presentation has all the backgrounds and items it needs to run, thus is the network crashes the presentation will still execute (unless we lose all power like we did last Sunday).

CONS

MediaShout7 does not import MS Presentations as easily as MediaShout4.5 (the version we upgraded from). With 4.5 the import was straight forward with very limited need to reset fonts, sizes, etc. Not so when an MS Presentation is imported to MediaShout 7. Pastor has always liked using MS Presentation as he was very familiar, however he is now learning MediaShout7 Sermon Builder. Additionally, we experimented with different font colors against the song backgrounds. Upon making our choice and changing, I found there is not was to easily make that change globally to all pages of the song cue, except via template.

Reason for choosing MediaShout

Decided conversion from MS4.5 to MS7 would be easier than conversion from MediaShout to ProPresenter.

Bonnie

Reviewed October 2021

Media Shout 7

I am stuck with it because that is what the previous music minister insisted on. I would much prefer Proclaim, but it is too late to switch now. The church is too much invested in Media Shout.

PROS

It works most of the time. It integrates with my CCLI Song Select account. It is commonly used by many churches in our area.

CONS

It will suddenly stop working and I won't know why or what to do about it on a Sunday morning. It is not cloud based, so I cannot build the slides at my house on my computer and then use them on the church's computer on Sunday, like Proclaim does.

Reason for choosing MediaShout

The previous music minister and his wife who ran the sound booth had never worked with Proclaim, so they pushed for Media Shout. Then they left 2 years later, and I got stuck with Media Shout and the music ministry got dumped in my lap. I have been stuck with it ever since. I did not choose it.

Philip

Religious Institutions, 51-200 employees

Reviewed January 2023

Media Shout 7 Integration

An excellent company to deal with

PROS

It was from a trusted and tried company who we have used for previous versions.

CONS

The look and feel and the user interface were so different from the previous version that it took quite a time to get used to. Some of the critical features of previous versions were not incorporated in the initial release but it is getting better with updates.

Reason for choosing MediaShout

Past history with the company.

Reasons for switching to MediaShout

Media Shout offered a tailored solution for church use with Bible library and easy integration of video and other media

Renordna

Media Production, 2-10 employees

Reviewed September 2019

Great Software

So far, MediaShout is a great program. We use it st my church and we're still getting used to it but working with it hasn’t been that bad. We’ve had a few hiccups but it wasn’t anything that the support team couldn’t solve.

PROS

I love the user friendly software. It was easy to install and the setup is easy to navigate.

CONS

No cons at this point. We are still getting adjusted to the software. The small issues that we’ve had have been easily taken care of by customer support.

Reason for choosing MediaShout

MediaShout in my opinion offered more features and again user friendly software than the competitor. Also, a friend of mine recommended MediaShout to us. He also uses the software at his church.

Thanks for the kind words and taking the time to provide your feedback. We're here for you, so continue to take advantage of support if you need us!

Replied September 2019

Reviewed November 2018

Good product, could still use some work

I've been using MediaShout weekly since 2009. I've learned most of the tricks, bugs and shortcuts to the older 4.5 version, but I haven't really tried version 6 a ton because I can't get it to do what I want all the time.

PROS

Very easy to add lyrics to the presentation, integrated nicely with other products most churches probably use anyways.

CONS

I am currently using version 6 and version 4.5. I am sticking with 4.5 for now because I can't find a good way to use my keyboard on version 6. In version 4.5 you can use the arrow keys to navigate the cues without firing them, then hit enter on the one you want to fire to the presentation. Maybe I just don't know how to use the newer software, but it feels a lot harder to control since I'm using my mouse a lot more. (on my laptop I want to stay away from the trackpad as much as possible!) You can go through (sort of) the cues with your arrow keys but enter isn't the way to fire the cues, and I have a lot of volunteers that help me out with running media, so I want things to be as simple as possible but also flexible enough to skip cues if need be, so telling them to just press spacebar isn't always the best way to do it either. There's also some overall clunky things in the newer version with editing songs and text cues and how it reformats when you try to repaginate things to your liking. It looks like a nice try, there's just enough finnicky things about it to keep me tied to the older, slower 4.5 version for now.

We appreciate the feedback. V6 is a little different- it puts more at your fingertips without going to different layers to edit. Multiple parts of the program are "active" at the same time. We tried to allow for things like entering numbers and pressing enter to fire, but the challenge was that commands were being sent to the editing functions and not just to the control functions. However, there are a couple of ways to navigate and fire cues such as the F7 and F9 keys, or like you said, the space bar. You can even assign custom keys. You only need to click to jump to out of order. I do realize that is common, so I hear you. For text editing, be sure you have page breaks inserted (Ctrl + Enter or right click and select "Page Break" in a text box). This keeps your pages split as you want, regardless of changes to text size or text boxes for instance. Let our support know (mediashout.com/support) if you have specific questions so we can help. Thanks again!

Replied November 2018

Gregory

Non-Profit Organization Management, 2-10 employees

Reviewed September 2023

MS 7 is a terrible program

Until now it has been good. We wasted our money with MS 7.

PROS

Although previous MS programs have been fairly easy to use and navigate we are finding MS7 to have many issues in navigation and set up. The instructions are hard to follow and when support does help you they go through things so fast that it is hard to keep up.

CONS

MS 7 is hard to set up on a weekly basis.

Reason for choosing MediaShout

We already had MS 6 and the purchase to MS 7 was minimal.

Valerie

Reviewed August 2023

Help was outstanding

[sensitive content hidden] was extremely helpful when the program wasn't functioning the way it should. He spent alot of time with me till I was comfortable with the new layout.

PROS

Ease of adding slides, the size of the script.

CONS

I don't like that the timer appears on all slides and it's an extra step to get it off the slides you don't want it on.

Dee Dee

Reviewed June 2018

We have been using it in our church for about 4 years. It has really enhanced our worship services

PROS

Mediashout visually enriches our Sunday morning worship experience. ** Our pastor uses sermon graphics or short video clips to support various sermon points. It is easy to import these into the script for him. **We love the time saving option of downloading scripture and song lyrics. ** We have an awesome choir that does special performances such as an Easter Cantata or Christmas concert. It is so easy to attach the background music mp3 to a title slide and then go right into beautiful graphics which visually support the song. **It is very easy to use MediaShout to set the mood for a special service -- especially more pensive services such as Maundy Thursday, Good Friday or our Blue Christmas service. **We've done some beautiful memorial services using customized slide backgrounds and photo slide shows with music behind the pictures. They are very easy to accomplish with MediaShout. **It is fun and easy to incorporate music lyric videos into our contemporary Wednesday evening service, using all or part of a video or even stopping it in the middle and restarting later. **We can import an picture of something that happened earlier in the service (i.e. a Baptism) and show it on the screens as a closing slide -- that's how easy it is. **The Customer Support team is A--mazing!! They ALWAYS go out of their way to help and advise us. ** We are an all volunteer team of 4 people, ages 65 to 80!!! If we can use this product, anybody can!

CONS

The learning curve from MediaShout 5 to MediaShout 6 was pretty steep. We had some frustrations making the switch. MediaShout 6 has had a few glitches, most of which have been fixed with upgrades. Customer Support has been awesome throughout it all.

Gary

Religious Institutions, 201-500 employees

I love MediaShout. It is excellent church presentation software

This software helps to enhance the spread of important information, it helps to enhance worship services, and is very cost effective.

PROS

I love the numerous features and options that help to make for a vibrant worship service. Most of all, I love the wide selection of Bible translations that are available without the need of having to purchase a separate license for each translation. This is really the main reason that we chose MediaShout above the others.

CONS

It can be a bit complicated to operate the software. Stability is a bit of an issue. Even with a powerful machine, it may crash from time to time. I am not thrilled with the past licensing model that at times necessitated having to potentially purchase a new license if a computer crashed. It would be nice to have an option where licenses could be activated/deactivated via a secure login. However, I think that the new licensing model which makes it more cost effective just to purchase unlimited licenses will remedy this issue. Finally, upgrade pricing is too high.

Hey Gary, Thank you for the review! We've found MediaShout to be a very stable program among church presentation software. Occasional crashing can normally be attributed to outdated graphics drivers, implementation of PowerPoint or mis-matched codec settings. We also look forward to the day when users can deactivate "dead" computers via their secure logon to their MediaShout account. It is unfortunate that computers can become unusable before you have a chance to deactivate. In that instance, just give us a call -- or submit a ticket or chat -- and let us know the name of the computer in question and we will deactivate it on our end, opening that activation up for your later use. It wouldn't necessitate purchasing another activation to use on the replacement computer. Again, thanks, and be blessed!

Replied June 2018

Mary

Reviewed May 2018

The software is very powerful and has features for every size church and way/style of worship.

The software is built and designed for churches ... and allows me to support our worship services with spectacular visuals and a smooth running one hour services. The team of support people is outstanding. This software is the bomb and I love it.

PROS

It allows me to use beautiful motions as backgrounds and I can put text over the motions. It's easy to use and very well supported by a team of very knowledgeable and helpful Christian people. I don't use/need even half of the functionality but what I do use allows me to create wonderful hour-long services in a liturgical "high church" setting. I love my work as a visual worship leader and could not even begin to do my church justice without this wonderful and powerful software.

CONS

Same thing with all software I guess ... when big new releases come out, the learning curve is very rough. Part of that is on my shoulders because I'm not a young techy ... but wow sometimes I wonder why developers don't take into consideration the stress it creates and time required to have the user interface change so drastically that the user feels lost and has to start from scratch. And you know how much time we have on our hands. But, bottom line is the software and support is awesome and I love it.

Reviewed January 2020

Worst Decision

As a long time MediaShout user we were excited to upgrade to 7...that excitement was short lived. It is as if the developers purposely tried to punish ALL their current customers. They succeeded.

PROS

The customer support is very nice...however they are unable to fix the problems as the developers did not consider their existing customers.

CONS

Extremely difficult to use. It will not read older MediaShout files, you cannot import older MediaShout files without losing all changes. Years of past work is lost. You cannot sync files with Dropbox, therefore you cannot work in presentations from multiple computers. You cannot save the cue library files in any other location other than the default.

Reason for choosing MediaShout

We have been long time MediaShout users.

We're so sorry about the trouble you had with updating from your older version of MediaShout. We tried to make things as easy as possible for our existing family members, but we had to make some changes to our platform to allow future growth. Some of the elements of previous versions were carried forward since MediaShout 3, which is almost 15 years old. In the new version, it's built on an entirely new platform to allow better performance, longevity with modern operating systems, and features we could have only dreamed of having before. There are still ways to do much of what you need like our easier to use file format that does allow you to use a cloud service or USB drive to transport scripts, and you can import your song library from older versions. You just can't open old script files which are normally only viable for one specific service anyway. We're about to release an import tool where you can bring those in from V5 or V6 though. If you need help, please get with our support!

Replied February 2020

Garrett

Computer & Network Security, 2-10 employees

Reviewed October 2018

Does what it says

It allowed our small church to play worship videos (we don't have a band). It also allowed us to show the bible passages on the projector as they were being read so the parishioners could focus on the message rather than hunting the passage down in their Bibles.

PROS

Ability to quickly add and edit slides on the fly. Setup recurring events. Plan out the service weeks in advance

CONS

Clunky would be the best way to describe it. Rendering times could be slow especially when changing slides (usually a several second delay). All videos were stuck on a loop and you have to manually switch to the next one (the auto-advance feature either doesn't work or requires that you manually enter the length of each video).

Hey there! Thanks for taking the time to review MediaShout. It looks like these issues are not problems with the program but configuration issues that can be resolved, or functions you may not be aware of how to use, and we'd be glad to help! The program should run quickly and smoothly with no delay in rendering slides. If you're not seeing that, it could be anything from hardware to maybe even just a setting. Please contact our support team so we can help you find the answer. We have several ways to reach out at www.mediashout.com/support. As for videos, there's a setting to play them "1" time instead of "Loop." There's also a setting to make them auto-advance at the end. Just choose advance at "End of Media" instead of choosing "Timed" and having to enter a specific length of seconds. If you have trouble finding those settings, let us know. It's a simple and quick answer that will save you tons of time. Again thanks for your time and being a part of our MediaShout family!

Replied October 2018

Michelle

Reviewed January 2021

So Long To This Software

I took a position with a Church that had been using MediaShout for several years prior and all I heard was how the choir could not depend on the confidence monitor so they had to use books or sheet music still as MediaShout was continually crashing and glitching. The responsiveness of the customer service department was beyond poor. The first budget item I requested was funds for an alternative product.

PROS

Truthfully, there was nothing I liked about this software.

CONS

Continual crashes and poor customer support.

I'm so sorry to hear about your experience. That is so odd because our customer service works tirelessly to be sure every single inquiry is treated with utmost care and responsiveness- in everything from getting you a solution to making sure that it's timely as well. As for the product the church was using, it's possible it was a very old version and out of date, or that the system needed some configuration, which our tech support would normally be happy to get you options to take care of, whether yourself, or through more advanced support offered through our Plus membership that even extends to discontinued versions. We just wanted to take the chance to respond and be sure it's clear that these things can usually be easily taken care of and we are more than willing to help. But if you have another product now and it is working well, we celebrate that success as well. Thanks and God bless!

Replied March 2021