All Yodeck Reviews

Tom

Facilities Services, 201 - 500 employees

Used unspecified

Reviewed April 2024

Yodeck Review: User-Friendly Powerfule Piece of Software!

Greg

Hospitality, 1 employee

Great addition for an AirBNB Host

It has been well received by guests, and I plan on continue to add them to all of my AirBNB listings.

PROS

The ease of use and the ability to remotely manage it. And it also notifies me if the internet connection goes down. Really handy for a device that is 1/2 way around the world from where I manage if from.

CONS

The only issue I have ever had with a Yodeck device I caused myself. I shut down one and re-used the SIM card in new hardware. And it would not come back online without a 2nd person to read the display to so that I could tie the new hardware to the old SD Card. And regain remote control/access.

Reason for choosing Yodeck

I tried several AppleTV apps, they were unreliable after power outages and there was a significant cost of an AppleTV vs the relative inexpensive Raspberry Pi device.

Curtis

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 2-10 employees

Reviewed April 2024

Really the best I have used...

Yodeck has exceeded my expectations and it's free. If we had a greater need I think it would be worth the subscription.

PROS

Yodeck is free for one screen. We have one screen and were paying annually for a different service that lacked many of the features of Yodeck. I can customize Yodeck to meet my needs. The graphics work with very little stutter although I have video/photo/scrolling text/weather all on one screen.

CONS

I would like to have template slides that I can customize and add.

Reason for choosing Yodeck

We had used Optisigns for a year and I wasn't completely happy with it. Although it had some good features it was expensive and lacking in other features I needed.

Reasons for switching to Yodeck

We changed because of the savings with Yodeck and the ability to customize the screens.

Victoria

Computer & Network Security, 11-50 employees

Reviewed December 2023

Great idea poor excution Frustrating Experience with Yodeck: Glitches, Complicated Setup, and Poor Customer Support

PROS

Free Trial. Number of integrations available to use.

CONS

I recently had the unfortunate experience of using the Yodeck application, and it left me thoroughly disappointed and frustrated. The issues I encountered ranged from constant glitches to an overly complicated setup process, coupled with abysmal customer support. As a potential customer, my experience has undoubtedly led me to reconsider my decision to purchase a player and license from Yodeck. First and foremost, the application's performance was far from satisfactory. Glitches were a constant companion, interrupting the smooth operation of the platform. This significantly undermined the reliability of Yodeck, making it difficult to trust the application for seamless content management. The setup process, touted to be user-friendly, turned out to be quite the opposite. The complexity of the installation and configuration procedures made the entire experience more challenging than it should be. For a user like me, seeking an intuitive and straightforward solution, Yodeck fell short of expectations. Adding to the frustration was the customer support, which proved to be utterly inadequate. When attempting to address the glitches and seek assistance with the setup, I encountered delays, unhelpful responses, and an overall lack of responsiveness. The level of support I experienced did not instill confidence in the company's commitment to customer satisfaction. Considering the myriad issues I faced during my trial of Yodeck, I have decided to take a hard pass on purchasing a player and license. The combination of glitches, a convoluted setup process, and subpar customer support does not make for a compelling case for investing in this platform. Potential users should be wary of the challenges they may encounter and carefully consider whether Yodeck aligns with their expectations and requirements before making a commitment.

Matt

Information Technology and Services, 1 employee

Reviewed February 2024

Usng Yodeck Digital Signage to support small businesses.

Overall Yodeck provides a solid platform for most all digital signage applications. Easy to integrate customer for content updates, which they love, with minimal training.

PROS

Cost, ease of use, stable performance are most important to me and Yodeck delivers. Creating workgroups a nd tags to manage content for multiple customers,

CONS

Initially scheduling of multiple playlists which has been resolved.

Reason for choosing Yodeck

Multiple from local server enterprise solutions to web based solutions. Yodeck provided the features I needed from the enterp[rise level solutions at a very reasonable web app cost.

Reasons for switching to Yodeck

Cost, ease of customer involvement.. Made Yodeck an easy change. I have used multiple digital signage solutions from large enterprise to simple onscreen players. Yodeck provides great features, including ,my need to mange multiple customers. easy at a greatt value. Best signage solution for the money.

Christie

Religious Institutions, 11-50 employees

Reviewed April 2024

The most cost effective solution for digital signage and more

PROS

Yodeck is super easy to deploy and get set up from day one. Their customer support is amazing and helps you get any problem solved in a short amount of time. They support various devices for maximum flexibility in our organization.

CONS

The media/layout editor can be annoying, and while it is user friendly, it is a bit too simple and you are better off using a PowerPoint or image slideshow for most use cases.

Reasons for switching to Yodeck

We switched from PowerPoint for better device management and remote functions.

Joshua

Automotive, 11-50 employees

Review of Yodeck

Overall a great experience. We will continue to use Yodeck and impliment other displays as our business continues to expand

PROS

The ease of use. Full functioning with little effort. Easy for other users to manage the device.

CONS

So far I have yet to find any areas of Yodeck that are a negative.

Reason for choosing Yodeck

Ease of Set-up and playlists for other users to make changes.

Tracy

Building Materials, 201-500 employees

Reviewed April 2024

Awesome product at an amazing price!

Awesome! Great features, easy to use, wonderful support and very affordable!!

PROS

Great features, easy to use, wonderful support and very affordable!!

CONS

Nothing yet. Everything is great. I needed help at the beginning and now have no issues.

Reasons for switching to Yodeck

We wanted an online option. That was easy to use for multiple locations.

Gary

Computer Games, 2-10 employees

Reviewed May 2024

Great program - Simple to set up and use!

It's great. We are using the Yodeck system to display live pinball scores for players at our entertainment venue. I love the fact we can insert slides and videos on how toi play these games between these scores on the Yodeck system.

PROS

I love that the initial set up was simple and it is rock solid when it comes to updating signage.

CONS

The only slight annoyance is that you are unable to set the duration of the allerts that your raspberry pi has been off line for 5 hours. I get one of those every day as the monitor I am YoDeck on is switched off for 12 hours over night.

Reasons for switching to Yodeck

The other system was unreliable. At one point the entire system crashed and the only way to resolve the issue was to go to the location and reinstall new software and set up again. This bad experience lead me to Yodeck and I have not looked back.

Alex

Food & Beverages, 11-50 employees

Reviewed May 2024

Intuitive interface and great features

PROS

The backend of Yodeck is intuitive, flexible and has great feature library which is easy to navigate and use. Staff with limited technical knowledge are easy to train up due to the well thought-out and considered interface.

CONS

Layouts can sometimes be hard to align items easily. Some kind of ruler, or alignment tool would be helpful.

Reason for choosing Yodeck

Price & flexibility. The option to purchase hardware was a good option too.

Construction, 201-500 employees

Reviewed March 2024

Great Solution for internal signage

It's been great so far, easy to setup the boxes that we ordered. I think there is a lot more to come from this solution as we use it.

PROS

After looking at several solutions to bring this to the business and Yodeck is pretty good value solution on the whole. It has a lot of functionality including Sharepoint integration which we plan to use in one of the locations.

CONS

It can be a little cumbersome I find when you first start out. Trying to find your way around the playlists you have created etc they also sent all the boxes to one location when I place two separate orders for different locations.

Reason for choosing Yodeck

We also looked at Brightsign which is not included above. Ultimately it came down to functionality and cost in my final decision to go with Yodeck.

Joakim

Environmental Services, 2-10 employees

Reviewed April 2023

Perfect solution for easy to manage signage

PROS

Coming from a Windows-based setup with Powerpoint-slides that never autoplayed the way they were supposed to and retired a lot of hands on, Yodeck was a real blessing for our lobby. Running on Raspberry PI was no issues, and the whole setup was done in less than 30 minutes.We can quickly edit our signage, set up layouts that work with our corporate branding, and also use widgets to display news and weather to our visitors. Compared to other systems, I must say that this is a very potent solution that fit our small business perfectly. Scaling it up would be no issue since the management interface is very sleek.

CONS

There is a slight learning curve to the layout designing which might scare a casual user. However, in cases where we felt that we couldn't produce what we required in Yodeck we simply create the slide in Photoshop and upload that and push it to our players, which works very well.

Reasons for switching to Yodeck

We needed a better way of providing our visitors about events and information, while at the same time dealing with remote working and simply not having the time to manually update and maintain a homemade janky signage-PC.Yodeck made all of this a breeze and has allowed us to spend more time making and using our signage, rather than maintaining the systems.

Louis

Education Management, 201-500 employees

Reviewed December 2023

Roedean School: Yodeck Review

Mine and the schools overall experience of Yodeck is extremely positive. I can create really stunning digital signages, for multiple screens, and then be versatile and put livestreams on them for special events. The school is extremely happy with the implementation of them and have been a welcome addition to the school.

PROS

Yodeck for me is a system that I have now implemented into 2 schools that I have worked at as part of the IT Team. It has always been reliable for a team to manage, and the flexibility that Yodeck provides, personally, makes it come out above its competitors. The reason I continue to use Yodeck and would recommend it is that it is continually supporting new features, listening to customer feedback, and has excellent customer service. The amount of times I have emailed the support team asking for them to provide a very specific bit of code to create a custom website widget, and they always provide exactly what I need. The UI is also perfect for both IT Pro's, admin staff and Marketing teams. This helps me personally shift the responsibility to them, and being on hand to support the hardware or software, or occasionally ask my opinion on designs and content.

CONS

Yodeck is a powerful system for its price, so it's harsh to pick faults. But from our personal experience in a school, there are a few things I would love to have implemented. We are a Microsoft school, so we would love to see built-in SSO for Microsoft 365, like it has with Google. Similarly, more Microsoft Apps would be welcome to the app selection. Additionally, when pushing new content, it would be amazing if it could preload in the background, and then slowly fade to the new content when it is ready, instead of the stuttery and harsh transition as each content piece loads. I know this is partly limited by hardware, but the option to have this would be great. It would also be amazing if you could have 'views' and deep permission levels so you can restrict individual folders. I would also, from a UI point, like to see Apps / Media merged into one as they use share the same folders anyway.

Reason for choosing Yodeck

The software, permissions, ease of use, cost, experience, all amalgamate it to be the sensible option. Personally, my experience with the system can be used as an advantage in support, training and time to set up. The UI receives frequent updates, that they document on their blog. Meaning that bugs are fixed and user voice is heard. The competitor’s software that was highlighted previously offer good solutions, but their difficulty to use the interface and the time required to use was their downfall. Some of the features that they had were better than Yodeck, but they were let down by missing key features that Yodeck did have, such as easy customisable layout and being less educationally orientated.

Aaron

Libraries, 2-10 employees

Reviewed March 2024

Public Library Loves Yodeck

Our experience was mostly positive with some growing pains, but mostly on the layout and design decisions. Once the screens were launched the positive benefit for and feedback from our patrons was overwhelmingly positive. The daily use of the tool becomes intuitive - it just works.

PROS

The ease of use off the shelf was very appealing, as well as the low-cost compared to competitors. Once we started building campaigns customer support was responsive and informative. We also particularly like that Yodeck is supported on RaspberryPi devices making our rollout simple and affordable.

CONS

There is a learning curve to Yodeck and it needs to be initially handled by a lead comfortable learning and navigating the tool. It's likely that when knowledge transfer happens to other personnel that some training and knowledge transfer will be necessary at the entity level to ensure the quality and integrity of the projects remain consistent.

Reason for choosing Yodeck

We found that Yodeck had the best and easiest-to-use toolbox for our use cases. It was the easiest to learn for people of all comfort levels and it's supported on RaspberryPi devices, making implementation cost-effective. We actually used the RaspberryPi setup as part of a STEM learning opportunity for several elementary students from our local school!

Jeff

Education Management, 1,001-5,000 employees

Reviewed October 2023

Yodeck IS the answer for K12 schools looking to use digital signage

Excellent product, excellent customer service and value for the powerful solution that Yodeck provides.

PROS

Yodeck is simple to setup, inexpensive and easy to manage. There isn't much of a learning curve with the Yodeck user interface and purchasing the players (we upgraded from the free players to the 4gb version for a nominal charge) from Yodeck is a plus and a must if you don't want to fool with setup. When I got my players, all I had to do was plug them into the screens, power them on and register them. Yodeck added our wifi settings and named the devices so that was great and meant a few less steps for me. Getting the content setup and figuring out scheduling, layouts, etc. was a breeze using the Yodeck tutorial videos. And when I did run into an issue, their online chat support was there to walk me through the solution quickly. There's really no negatives with Yodeck!

CONS

It took me a few trys to get the scheduling to work the way I needed it to. I just didn't understand exactly how it worked. But after a few tries and watching the tutorial, I got it to work and now it's working seamlessly for us.

Reason for choosing Yodeck

Pricing and ease of use. I set up a free screen using the Yodeck platform and discovered how easy it was and that sold me.

Reasons for switching to Yodeck

Google Chromebits are difficult to find AND Google Digital signage is very limited and not very user-friendly when you start adding lots of screens to your deployment.

Barry

Plastics, 201-500 employees

Reviewed October 2022

A very simple-to-use, affordable, scalable setup for display screens

I've had a great experience with Yodeck and it was an easy sell for our organization. The cost is affordable, the customer service and tech support are FANTASTIC (even if only available via email), and we are very pleased with the 11 screens we have implemented thus far with Yodeck.

PROS

I love how easy the Yodeck app is to use. Tagging and scheduling content is EASY EASY EASY and works great!

CONS

I would like to see some improvements in the security with some of the widgets. I don't want to provide my login credentials for SharePoint, PowerBI, etc. to be able to use some of those widgets. There has to be a better (more secure) way...

Price, simplicity, Raspberry Pi players included

Reasons for switching to Yodeck

Managing PCs, Windows, Office, etc. was expensive, time-consuming, and a pain.

Amira

Architecture & Planning, 11-50 employees

Reviewed September 2023

Managing Digital Signage efficiently

My overall experience with Yodeck was wonderful. I found its user interface easy to use and the platform was very helpful for managing my digital content.

PROS

Yodeck has helped me and my organization in managing, organizing and displaying the content on a digital screen through its digital signage solution. This platform has helped me in keeping sensitive data confidential, creating a playlist and organizing my digital content from anytime at anywhere through its remote management system. Also, I was fascinated by its user interface which was very easy to use.

CONS

The overall experience with Yodeck was wonderful however it's pricing is a bit more expensive for small businesses. The platform works on cloud based model and needs internet everytime lacking offline capabilities. I also faced a problem of storage limitations while storing my various contents.

Reasons for switching to Yodeck

The user interface of Yodeck was very easy to use as compared to Xibo. Xibo is based on on-premises so it require more technical expertise for scaling whereas Yodeck is cloud based so its easy to scale while managing digital content.

Christian

Marketing and Advertising, 51-200 employees

Reviewed September 2020

Digital signeage made easy

With Yodeck we can not only entertain and inform our customers in the waiting areas, but also have the opportunity to provide this service for our customers. Thanks to the highly scalable structure of the system, not only can small individual solutions be created, but customers with multiple locations and company departments can also be wonderfully supplied. We are currently working on connecting the shops of several petrol stations to our system built with Yodeck. The test operations for this are already running extremely promisingly.

PROS

The fact that each individual display can be provided with individual content or combined into groups and locations ensures that a wide range of solutions can be implemented. The schedules and playlists are a particularly powerful tool for delivering the right content to the right place at the right time. With yodeck this is solved much more efficiently than we know from other systems. User roles and work areas make it possible for technically less experienced people to provide content for the displays without jeopardizing the security and functionality of the entire system. Anyone who knows other solutions knows that this cannot be taken for granted. We are happy to now not only be able to use the various possibilities ourselves, but also to have found an extremely interesting new product for our customers.

CONS

In the beginning, some processes were much more complex, not clearly explained, poorly labeled or misleadingly translated. In addition, some functions that were important to us were missing. However, since the software is continuously being improved, these problems could gradually be resolved, so that Yodeck has now become a powerful tool at a fair price that flexibly adapts to the needs of the users. For digital menu boards, we would like to be able to show and hide content in an animated manner and to move it across the screen with keyframes, a timeline or such.

Reason for choosing Yodeck

With Yodeck we can not only manage all the settings in the software much more flexibly, but also use our own hardware adapted to the respective situation. This enabled us to significantly reduce the costs per digital signage display used.

Reasons for switching to Yodeck

The other systems were much more difficult to maintain. The costs and maintenance effort, especially for the hardware required, were also significantly higher.

Stewart