All Zapier Reviews

Reviewed April 2021

Cuts out busy work

Alejandro

Reviewed December 2021

Zapier the best application integrator

As a digital marketer, I use many applications that I cannot keep an eye on all day or manually pass information from one application to another and I also need all the data to be synchronized. Zapier makes my day easier, connecting the applications that I use, it executes tasks automatically according to the rules that I establish. I love it helps me save a lot of time and money by hiring programmers.

PROS

Zapier changed the way I deal with applications and tasks. What I liked the most is the automation of work processes, another of its advantages is that Zapier includes a large list of applications to connect. Also that the Zaps are only executed with a filter rules. The user interface is nice so that anyone with basic knowledge can use it without the need to hire a programmer.

CONS

The negative aspects of Zapier is that at the beginning it is difficult to take advantage of Zapier, due to the learning curve, the free version is very limited (the number of 'Zaps and applications), also something that I did not like is the customer support that sometimes does not provide solutions.

Reason for choosing Zapier

Facilidad de uso, precio, documentación y catálogo de aplicaciones.

Nikki

Marketing and Advertising, 1 employee

Reviewed July 2023

Automating Lead Management and Customer Care When it Matters

I use Zapier to help clients set up automation. The ease of Zapier enables me to do much more than I'd be able to with native integrations. It is also much more cost-effective than custom coding.

PROS

Zapier integrations with many other platforms. I have primarily used it to build a system of lead capture and move the data to the appropriate systems, such as CRMS or Email Marketing software. It also helps in caring for current customers.

CONS

I have found some systems I use do not integrate with Zapier.

Reason for choosing Zapier

Setting up automations in Zapier was more straightforward to me.

Ted

Automotive, 51-200 employees

Reviewed April 2024

Intuitive, easy to set up, pricier than alternative

Happy to use this as a stopgap to tape a bunch of software automation together. However, it does price at the top end for alternative. Still cheaper than building out API functionality yourself or via dev team. We use it to prove out concepts before committing dev resources.

PROS

- super intuitive, and easy to use - quick set up - lots of apps - cool features rolled out

CONS

- can be pricey when automating multiple steps - breaks often

Barb

Reviewed November 2022

Wayyy overpriced.

I am a long-time Zapier user waffling between paid and free for a number of years. Most recently, I moved to a paid subscription because the apps I use were able to connect. Many of my zaps only need to run once a day or even once a week and when I selected "instant trigger" they would run 100's even 1000's of times per day. For example, zaps that were to check new calendar appts were not just checking new, but going back months and years and checking old appts.When I contacted Support I was told they would only run when triggered. I had to increase the price of my plan because of the false triggers. During the time I stayed on a paid subscription, I contacted Support a number of times and found their support to be very lacking (compared to 5 years ago). Support was not able to understand my issues, resolve them or explain why a trigger was running 1000s of times per day and more importantly find a way to stop them.I moved to another app because the pricing was much better (read: way cheaper!) and support was able to resolve issues. Overall, I found Zapier wayyyyy over priced.

PROS

Zapier connects to almost all of the apps out there.

CONS

Overpriced.Poor support.Support not able to resolve issues tied to zaps over-running.

App availability.

App availability.

Riccardo

Machinery, 11-50 employees

Reviewed February 2024

Best-in-class automation solution

Great tool that will boost your productivity, perfect for every kind of business

PROS

An extremely wide range of integrations with many popular services and apps. Super easy to set up and test.

CONS

The free plan is quite limited and for business purposals on a large scale you would definitely need to upgrade.

Reason for choosing Zapier

More integrations and better software management

Jeremy

Real Estate, 11-50 employees

Reviewed February 2024

Zapier made things simple

Overall good as expected. There was a lot of documentation available to create working zaps. It took time to discern and understand but that was expected.

PROS

Solution for integrating systems and automating redundant tasks.

CONS

Learning how to make Zaps work and working with its interface.

Reason for choosing Zapier

Extensive documentation and templates are already available.

1 employee

Used monthly for less than 12 months

Reviewed November 2023

A no brainer integration builder for digital businesses.

I would recommend this tool to everyone. Also a great skill to learn.

PROS

Simple and easy to set up. Biggest App integration library and pre-built workflow customisation options. Zapiers also helps us build complex workflows, approval workflows within our accounting verticle, document management and sometimes lead/client management.

CONS

Would be a little daunting early on for beginners.

Reasons for switching to Zapier

Zapier has multiple workflow customisation options and a bigger integration pool.

1 employee

Reviewed July 2023

What A great product!

I like it.

PROS

The ability to connect it to my website to my VideoBot and allow it to save data in GSheet and send emails automatically.

CONS

The need to pay money to use webhooks even for small scale

Reason for choosing Zapier

I did not buy Zapier, I use the free version. But I recommend others to buy and use it.

Joseph

Consumer Goods, 2-10 employees

Great Workflow app

PROS

It's fairly easy to setup workflows and automation.

CONS

Small amount of workflows available without paying too much. Sometimes setting up workflow is confusing

Liam

Hospitality, 11-50 employees

Reviewed April 2024

So handy to automate your life

PROS

Love this tool, very easy to start using and can do so many connections

CONS

If you get stuck around the flow you are creating it can take a while to figure out the solution.

Reviewed December 2019

Automates Every Day Tasks

Like I said before, we use Zapier to automate tasks that we would normally have to do manually. Things that used to require extra man power and time are done automatically by integrating your every day apps in Zapier.

PROS

Zapier is great at taking the monotony out of your every day tasks and automates them, saving you both time and money. Zapier does this by connecting to your most used apps and triggering actions depending on conditions that you set up yourself. A few examples of tasks that I personally use Zapier for include: - If our organization posts a new Instagram story, Zapier automatically takes that data and posts it on on our WordPress website to the social media section of the website. - We have a project request form where with any submission, projects are automatically created in Asana. - If I tag a project in Asana, Zapier automatically sends an email to the client that the project is complete.

CONS

Sometimes it can be somewhat of a hurdle to set up certain integrations. Also, the integrations will at times stop working and it can be a challenge to nail down the exact cause. Usually the integrations stops working because of api changes with the individual apps, or if there was a password change with a user in the account.

Reasons for switching to Zapier

At the time, Zapier felt more full-featured and professional. I haven't used IFTTT in years, though, so I don't know how it's improved.

Josh

Printing, 2-10 employees

Reviewed May 2023

Zapier has been one of the best and biggest game changers for our business

My experience with Zapier has been great. It meets so many of my needs. It makes my job so much easier by taking so many important details off of my plate (and off of my coworkers' plates). When something goes wrong, the customer support is ACTUALLY HELPFUL! That's so rare these days. But Zapier has managed to have a good customer support who actually looks into issues, finds the problem and addresses it. I am extremely happy. We purchased Zapier for my 9-5 job, and I plan to purchase a plan for my own side-business once we've grown large enough for it to make financial sense. Zapier is a game changer for businesses.

PROS

The thing I like most about Zapier is that I am able to automate all the boring tasks I used to do manually. It can do almost any of those things - whether it be gathering information and sending it out in an email or in a Slack channel, or assigning a task to a particular person, or sending us an alert about a client requesting a revision on a proof, or any number of other things. Zapier allows us to automate it all, AND it makes sure that nothing slips through the cracks (which used to happen if one of us got too bogged down and missed an important detail). Zapier makes our lives easier and it protects us from basic human error.

CONS

I'll be honest, I'm struggling to think of what I don't like. I think the main things I haven't liked are not Zapier's fault - like the way certain other apps have chosen to integrate (Dropbox will only let me work with my personal folder, not my Teams folders, really??) But that's not Zapier's fault. That's Dropbox's dumb fault. I guess something I don't like is that I find it confusing to understand where my tasks are being used. I think I eventually figured it out, but it was a little confusing and could be more user-friendly. I also found some of the error notifications confusing because it provided a link, but then I couldn't figure out what the error was or why it existed. I had to contact support. But support was super helpful, so that ended up being fine.I don't like that if I go to edit an old zap, it sometimes makes me have to run the trigger test again and then click through all the earlier steps before I can fix or set up a step later in the zap. But that's not a huge deal. It's just a thing I can think of.All in all, I don't really have a lot that I don't like.

Reason for choosing Zapier

Zapier had more integrations than the others, and it had the integrations we needed. Also, the user experience was better and just easier to use.

Reviewed June 2023

I don't typically give 5-star reviews, but this is a strong 5-star review!

Overall, I LOVE Zapier and will be setting it up again for my (new) current business. It's easy to use, cost-efficient, automates your life and saves you so much time. Plus there are not many software/apps that don't integrate with Zapier.

PROS

Zapier is amazing. You're able to integrate with most apps and software and then automate it to how you want. You can do so many different automation - more than you can even think of. You can set up data from one app to go into a Google Sheet automatically. You can have emails automated to go into your task manager. You can create a to-do list with any data. You can automate your business, your life! I used it for websites, Calendly, Social apps, to-do lists, excel sheets/Google Sheets, etc. etc. etc. More than I could name. It's pretty inexpensive for all it does and all the time it saves you.

CONS

The only "downside" to Zapier is just setting up the Zaps. Depending on what you want to be automated, it may take some time to map the integration. But once you set it up, you're good to go! I would recommend checking it weekly to make sure the Zaps are still accurate. Sometimes you change a setting in an app and it changes the map of the integration. A lot of times you just need to re-map the integration and you're good. Overall, I love Zapier and there are not many cons.

Reason for choosing Zapier

Cheaper, faster, and more integrations are available.

Transportation/Trucking/Railroad, 2-10 employees

Reviewed November 2019

Connecting my apps

Support was very good - and honest - when we uncovered the bug of some of the Slack functionality not working. It's an easy tool to use - I had set up 4 Zaps without a problem and I am not a technical person.

PROS

It's really easy to connect the apps we use to facilitate the exchange of data and increase the functionality of our core applications. An example - we use Ringcentral for phone service and messaging. We realized that as we increase the use of SMS messaging we were "working in silos" not knowing what each other was texting to a customer. We were able to "share text messages" by setting up a Zapier that copied all of the text messages into slack so the entire team could read them. Simple and effective. No programming.

CONS

Zapier had some functions , such as retrieving a new file received in Slack, that do not work. I have been in contact with support, they acknowledge the bug, but will not give an estimate to when it will be fixed. This major flaw has forced us to look at Zapier alternatives to meet our needs.

Reason for choosing Zapier

I started with Zapier but am currently moving to Integromat due to some bugs in the Zapier platform.

Dustin W.

Reviewed October 2019

The most comprehensive automation tool

The overall experience is good. Although overwhelming, and sometimes time-consuming to figure out how to get exactly what I need, Zapier does what it promises. The support team has also been great as well each time I've needed their help.

PROS

The amount of options that Zapier has for integrations is astounding. The possibilities really are endless as far as tying multiple apps/services together to perform automated tasks regularly. Their interface also makes it relatively easy to put together the automations so that it's not rocket science.

CONS

Its greatest strength is also its greatest weakness in that because there are so many options, it's overwhelming. There are so many things you can do with the integrations that I have often felt like I am not getting nearly as much out of it as I could be. I found myself relying on reading their blog and suggested zaps to see if I get any ideas. Ultimately I'm left with a feeling of "I don't know how to get the most out of this service."

Reasons for switching to Zapier

Zapier had more to offer--more integrations, more steps for each automation, conditional statements for each automation. Just a more robust product.

Kaitlyn

Apparel & Fashion, 2-10 employees

Reviewed August 2022

Integrate and Automate.

I use zapier to create email response lists, schedule meetings online and in person, to send reminders, and to complete tasks that I don't have time for. I prefer using zapier over completing repetitive tasks on my own although the free version has limitations and the paid version may not be accessible to small businesses or startups.

PROS

Zapier eliminates much of the daily workload, like scheduling meetings and transferring or checking data. Zapier has a free version. It works with almost every app or business software. I think of Zapier as a bridge that also functions as an assistant. Customer support and the Zapier community help with any difficulties you encounter.

CONS

Zapier as a whole would benefit from a face-lift and some fine tuning to make it more user friendly. I want more features in the free version or something that's in-between free and premium. There is the concern that the software will malfunction, depending on what you've set to automate this could be disastrous.

Reasons for switching to Zapier

I switched because I wasn't 100% happy with Appy Pie and Zapier was very popular.

luca

Marketing and Advertising, 11-50 employees

Reviewed April 2022

Zapier Workflow Review

The opportunities for combination and what is feasible are practically similar to supernatural occurrences.

PROS

Simple to use and offers us an extraordinary scope of combinations that are unimaginably dependable. Would prescribe to people trying to connect parts of their business.

CONS

Unfortunately its very limiting this is because of the other tools mainly. The trigger tools can be very limiting.

Reason for choosing Zapier

Other platforms were difficult and kind of annoying to use.

Reasons for switching to Zapier

Ease of use, makes us work smarter not harder.