What are Nimbus Note users saying about the software?

Read what people like you have said about using Nimbus Note software through verified user reviews

• icon"Easy to use, clean UI and UX, great customer support. I love everything from nimbus."
  • icon"A great product at a great price and very low learning curve. Support is efficient and prompt so any questions are answered quickly."
  • icon"Sometimes we use it for notes, sometimes to capture screen - always simple, always easy to integrate across platforms, user friendly, keeps our teams efficient."
  • icon"What annoys me a little is the slowness and lack of precision of the research. The passage from one workspace to another is sometimes a little slow too."
  • icon"Bullets/numbered lists aren't even available in the mobile versions. There is no linux version."
  • icon"Moving notes from one to another section was killing me."

Browse all Nimbus Note Reviews

• Have you used Nimbus Note and would like to share your experience with others?

Stephen

Company size: 2 - 10 employees

Still Early, but it’s solid

Fredy

Industry: Architecture & Planning

June 2022

Great alternative to other Note apps, with a lot of personalization.

Overall happy with it. I manage two organizations within Nimbus and each has its own branding and have been working great as a Knowledge base and to organize SOPs.

Pros

There are a lot of things I like about Nimbus. I can create the notes I need with a lot of options to format the text, add images, videos and external elements including Iframes and javascript. The notes can be personalized and organized in a logical order with an Automatic table of contents. Within an Organization, we can divide the notes in workspaces with individual access. We can prepare public notes, with our brand (logo, favicon and subdomain) and protect it with a password if required.

Cons

There are some options to configure the text, but would be great if we could set a global configuration like setting all H1 to a certain size and color (per organization). We can manually update the color, though. Would be great to have an "Organization wide" search option, rather than only per workspace. Due to all its options sometimes it feels a bit slow to load, but happy to wait a bit if we can take advantage of all the possibilities.

March 2022

My favorite Personal Knowledge Management Tool

One of my best business investments! Besides the minor limitations on the formatting side and integration with calendars, it's a perfect tool for building your personal knowledge management system.

Pros

I'm a skill learning coach so this tool is essential for my business. I use NN to teach other people how to build a personal knowledge management system for their work and career in general. I love that I can also use my own domain for my notes and publicly publish things online for others to read.

Cons

Not synched with Google calendar. Poor formatting options for the Table block. Needs integration with Grammarly.

Reasons for choosing Nimbus Note

Aside from the pricing, it's the ability to brand your organization's notes by using the custom domain feature.

No domain branding.

Alberto

June 2022

More useful than you could ever imagine.

The best NOTES platform out there. Better than Evernote, which has been stagnant. Nimbus helps you note down everything without being lost in all the notes because of its organized and structured nature. You can unclutter your mind and prioritize your focus. It also has many valuable features that are not usually in a "Notes" app, but they are!

Pros

It has so many valuable features. And they can also be used with its chrome extensions. Being able to embed practically anything into my notes has been so convenient. The mobile app helps a lot too. It's way better than my native notes app and other paid services. Better note taking, better ease of use, better notes management, Papa John's.

Cons

Needs integration with Grammarly. UI can still be improved for better note-taking and while on a smaller window.

Reasons for switching to Nimbus Note

Evernote has stayed stagnant while Nimbus kept innovating and adding more useful features.

Torben

Usable but useless

I am leaving Nimbus Notes forever! How much work do your notes represent for you? What if you have to move your valuable notes to another system? When I choose a new system or tool the first question I ask myself is: how do I leave it and take my data with me? Will I get stuck and my data taken hostage? The facilities for data migration are much more important than any other features of the system. Nimbus had a feature for export to JSON (beside HTML and PDF, which are hard to use for migration) and they promised to provide a migration API. I have been using Nimbus Notes for a few years trusting the JSON export and suddenly that feature disappeared! "Plans have changed a bit", they told me - also about the API. After that there is no trust left. Don't go there!

Pros

Ability to import graphics Better synchronizing than EverNote's

Cons

They are removing features for export of data Bad overview of notes

Reasons for switching to Nimbus Note

SimpleNotes has less features than Nimbus, but the JSON export feature is fine. When migration features are REMOVED from a system, something is rotten and you have to get away as soon as possible.

Response from Nimbus Web

Hi, Torben Larsen! It's sad for us to hear that your Nimbus experience wasn't as great as we want it to be. As I understand, the main problem for you was the note exporting. However, I'd like to highlight that we don't take hostage of your data, there are HTML and PDF exporting options. HTML is a standard format that is used on many similar services, so you won't have trouble with exporting your notes from Nimbus. We are currently working on the new tech stack, that's why all other features (API included) is postponed. But they will be realized in the future.

Replied March 2021

Adam

Great feature-packed note taking app!

I use Nimbus Note on daily basis and it is very convenient and probably the best place to store all my notes and documents.

Pros

It is a great place to store all your notes. I really appreciate the option of sharing the notes with my team. They are able to create new notes and edit existing ones. The software is easy to use and there is a lot of ways in which you can customize your notes (especially the easy to use dropdown menu).

Cons

Sometimes it can get a bit tricky to edit the text to your liking, since some options are quite hidden, for instance in order to undo an action you need to open up another menu, which can get annoying at times.

Reasons for choosing Nimbus Note

Yes, the previous product I've used for collaboration was Notejoy, but I found it too clunky and confusing, I don't have such problems with Nimbus Note. On the other hand Nifty offers just basic note taking possibility, while my current Evernote subscription simply lacks collaboration features and multi-level folders.

Alec

Industry: Law Practice

December 2021

The Leader in Enterprise Note Management

I'm a lawyer and have been searching for a program of which I can make and store case notes together with legal research. I can write comprehensive documents and insert references and media into the note as blocks. The entire system is whitelabelled and accessible as my custom URL in the event I want to provide clients with access to their file. Nimbus Notes provides the functionality of a complete case management tool and I'm honestly astounded at how well it has been executed.

Pros

Simple and easy to setup with comprehensive functionality and excellent user interface. I have been searching for a solution like Nimbus Notes for a long time and have tried all of the major offerings. I consider Nimbus to have all of the functionalilty of Evernotes with the ease of use and understated look of Notion.

Cons

There is really nothing I do not like about Nimbus, it literally has everything I could want.

Reasons for switching to Nimbus Note

Nimbus has all the functionality of the major players at a fraction of the cost. I also prefer the simple user interface that Nimbus offers in addition to the web clipper (Nimbus Clipper) and media capture tool (Nimbus Clarity).

Yoselin

Industry: Outsourcing/Offshoring

Good free to use extension

Overall for a free and quick extension, I would definitely recommend it. It's easy to use, it's easy to generate a link of the screenshot or video recording so that you can share it with someone, and it's free! If you're looking for something free, simple, easy to use, and something quick for your work then this is definitely the tool that you need.

Pros

Nimbus has pretty much all of the features that you can imagine and need. I've been using Nimbus for work for quite a few years now and it has definitely helped to have a quick and free extension to record videos and take screenshots. With one simple click, you get a drop-down list with all of the features that they provide. It's very easy to use.

Cons

The only downside of this extension is that there are times where the tools get stuck? Also, you can't really take a proper screenshot if there are two scrollable fragments in a single page, and sometimes when I do manage to take a screenshot of a scrollable page when I upload it, it looks like it has been cut off or something. I'm not too sure if these are bugs but it can be a little bit inconvenient when having a lot of workloads.

Response from Nimbus Web

Thank you for sharing your thoughts with us, Yoselin! We always try to improve our app, so you could use it without any difficulties. Our team will take your feedback into account.

Replied August 2021

Jakub

Industry: Online Media

Perfect for specific use cases, decent for the rest

I am slowly making a friendship with Nimbus. I've been Evernote user for years, both for personal and work-related tasks. I see how much Nimbus team did to meet the expecations, and in my case – they overdelivered, which is outstanding. I am more and more convinced to move all my notes from Evernote to Nimbus, and don't even look at Notion.

Pros

I love how it combines the feeling of a “standard” note (like in Evernote) with enhanced, modern features (like in Notion). That's exactly something I was looking for. And I love tables!

Cons

I am not yet fully convinced that Nimbus is a piece of software that will last and will be developed for many years to come. That trust is crucial for a note-taking tool that I want to rely on every day. That's not a weakness, just a tiny thing that makes me careful for now and not allow me to entirely jump in.

Reasons for choosing Nimbus Note

They have lots of useful features, but I need something bot for advanced documents (which Notion is perfect for), and for simple writing – long forms, thoughts, and jots. Notion doesn't feel like a notebook, so it didn't convince me enough.

Curiosity and annoying Evernote bugs

Response from Nimbus Web

Hi Jakub! Thanks for your review. We understand your concern, Nimbus is on market since 2015 and we are growing and becoming even more stable, so jump in and welcome onboard.

Jack

So great apps note taking and not only... screen recording.... this is ALL IN ONE.

Pros

I like that I can write notes and we can share ideas with my team with no problem, I can share files, I can screen record, and immediately I have the file in nimbus. this is a great tool which I bout on LTD and it is serving me very well. recommend it to anyone looking for notes. which you can share as a link.

Cons

Nimbus is a great product but they should work on their speed loading. only that for now.

Reasons for switching to Nimbus Note

When I found Nimbus I realized that this is what I needed and took it and exported all Evernote to Nimbus and is great. This is a great product and i love it.

Saskia

One place for all the stuff

Mostly positive, I run my side business, day job, further education and personal life on this tool. I can't wait for 2021 where they want to add more Notion-like features plus unique ones that no other note taking / workspace apps have.

Pros

It is very versatile, easy to use, localized into my native language and the team behind the product are very transparent, honest and open for feedback. I also really like the web clipper and the capturing tool that come complimentary with my business account.

Cons

Not many integrations with other tools (API/Zapier/...), the databases are a little weak (no formulas or relations) and collaboration tools still need a bit of work (no comments feaature or similar communication options yet).

Reasons for switching to Nimbus Note

Mostly document scanning / OCR, lifetime deal (sold out by now), German translation and stronger belief in the long-term potential of Nimbus Note.

Response from Nimbus Web

Hi Saskia! Thanks for your support. All the mentioned features are in our roadmap, you can check the statuses here https://nimbus.nimbusweb.me/s/share/4244497/etd897m7ooisp1qmk0a8

Ryan

July 2022

Very comprehensive note taking app

Pros

There is a wide variety of formatting and editing options available to make your notes the way you want them. It also securely keeps your notes while also keeping them easily accessible. The software is also quite simple to get accustomed to

Cons

The undo button is not very visible so it may take some time to adjust a document if you're in a hurry

Joy

My Best Assistant

Just exceptional.

Pros

Every day I open Nimbus Note. It is one of the most important tools I have in my work.

Cons

New features are being revealed all the time. There is nothing that I do not like about Nimbus Note.

August 2022

A great comprehensive Notes+ solution

Overall very positive. Glad that I moved to Nimbus Note.

Pros

The team is constantly improving the solution. It is quite comprehensive. I like that you can structure your workspaces, collaborate with teams and still have your own personal space.

Cons

The constant real-time updating whilst searching or moving things. That has an impact on the performance.

Armand

Industry: Information Services

My go to note taking app.

Very good so far. The team is super responsive, really cares about customer feedback. So far so good.

Pros

The editor is fast and enjoyable for daily use and collecting ideas to share them. Things that I love the most are : ** Embeds: practically everything can be embedded from Google Sheets, Docs, Pdfs, external Video Hosts, sound clips. The number of compatible services is huge. ** Formatting options are great ** Mobile + Desktop app are great ** Table is a nice addition ** Workspaces and folder organization is rich, great tagging system. ** Nimbus capture is great for clean cropped screenshots ** Custom domain (CNAME) **Night mode ** Shareable public link + URL shortener ** Image header with preview ** OCR for quick document scanning and upload to app

Cons

The capture process is sometimes painful. It's working great, but the flow/process is not as easy and fast as I wish it could with other tools. Like, I often go back to Apple Capture tools and paste the image into the last open note instead of using Nimbus capture because is so much easier. I wish this will be improved to be faster. Wish direct on-site editing was possible (ala pocket, reader mode) Few formatting issues while copy/paste from and to nimbus, for instance, copying a csv or excel table makes the web browser freeze. Note search could be really improved

Reasons for choosing Nimbus Note

price first and customer feedback second

Reasons for switching to Nimbus Note

price and lack of innovation.

Response from Nimbus Web

Hi Armand! Thanks for your feedback. We are going to release Nimbus Capture for desktop soon. It will offer more tools as the browser version has its limitations. Note search has been improved recently.

Ingrid

Nimbus Notes is Indispensable

My overall experience had been very pleasent. I plan to continue using Nimbus Notes for a very long time.

Pros

What I like most about Nimbus Note is the fact that I can create folders and sub-folders for the information I need to save for future use. The templates and favorites folders save me so much time when it comes to finding a specific document. Also with Nimbus Notes, you are able to create "to-do" list, add attachments, set reminders and get public links for your documents. You can even change the appearance of your document and export documents/notes! Nimbus Notes is so much better than the other app I've been using. In Fact, I have just about completely stopped using the competitors' app. Now, I'm strictly a Nimbus Notes user. I love Nimbus Notes!

Cons

I really can't think of anything that dissatisfied me about Nimbus Notes. I haven't had one bad experience. The only thing I can think of is that I couldn't figure out how to access the app at first. It took me quite a while to figure that out.

Reasons for switching to Nimbus Note

I used Evernote for a very long time and it updates often. There was one specific update that would not install on my computer. I tried several time to install this update to no avail. I was actually paying for the upgraded version of the app so this didn't make since to me. I contacted customer service by e-mail three times regarding the issue. To date, I not received a reply and because I could not install the update, I was unable to use some of the function in the app. It even denied me access to my notes and documents. This was unacceptable! So, I switched and so happy that I did.

Response from Nimbus Web

Thanks for your review, Ingrid! Our aim is to make your experience with our app even better, stay tuned! We launched a detailed guide to make the onboarding process smoother, check it out http://nimb.ws/F4bkIA

Grace

Industry: Research

Great for documents on the go

I use Nimbus note to capture ideas and notes in a place where I can access them from the computer later. I'll collect notes all day in one file, meeting notes in another, project requests from clients in another. It's just convenient and easy to use Nimbus as a personal assistant.

Pros

I love that I can use Nimbus to record my thoughts from voice when driving, text when I'm sitting bored in a meeting and need to be quiet, by image when something inspires me, and even handwriting if I'm short on time to write on a tiny keyboard. It's awesome that I can take all those thoughts, link them together, and then access it from the computer when I get back to the office.

Cons

I had trouble with the block layout when they first went to it. I was used to the standard entry method, then they made it look and feel like Medium -- which I can say I was never a fan of -- just like Wordpress did. It's not as intuitive to switch in the middle. Even though I'm used to it, I don't feel like I use it very efficiently. Another thing I wish I could do with Nimbus is integrate it into Rocketbook.

Reasons for switching to Nimbus Note

Because I wanted to try something new.

Response from Nimbus Web

Thanks for your review, Grace. We are happy that Nimbus Note became your knowledgebase. We got a lot of positive feedback regarding the editor but we agree that sometimes users prefer standard editors with the visible panel. But still, despite the fact it can be unusual to use, it has a lot of advantages like blocks, columns, embeds, tables, and much more. Also, we will be happy to integrate Rocketbook, but unfortunately, they still don't provide API, once they will provide it open-sourcely, we will try our best to add it to our huge list of integrations.

Jeheen Mahmood

Industry: Outsourcing/Offshoring

My Research Hub and Archive

This is one of the best investment I have made. I haven't seen so many research and documentation tools under the same roof before. I regularly use this and expect use utilize more when a few features, that are currently missing, comes up.

Pros

The thing I liked most about Nimbus is the way that my documents are tagged and stored in folders. I frequently clip articles while I browse or from emails. All this information is neatly saved to the respective project and further tagged to their appropriate section. I can't imagine going back to printing PDFs of articles and saving them in cloud drives. Nimbus cut down my document filing time to a fraction.

Cons

Nimbus doesnt have a mind map, nor a document map. Both these tools are rather in demand recently. We could create mindmaps in other tools and connect them to Nimbus. But having a document map showing the interconnection between notes, snippets, images etc simply takes your research to a whole new level. I really hope Nimbus brings this feature in near future.

Reasons for choosing Nimbus Note

Though Blogely has a much better pure writing experience, Nimbus wins by other research features.

Reasons for switching to Nimbus Note

It was too pricy for our needs.

Response from Nimbus Web

Thanks for your feedback, Jaheen! Great that you are going paperless with the help of Nimbus Note. Thanks for the suggestion! We are adding more and more services that you can easily embed in the note and edit your mind map right into Nimbus Note. Also, we are working on Zapier integration which will allow integrating with other needed services. It will be great if you can share your thoughts on how mind maps should work within Nimbus Note, you can use the mail team@nimbusweb.co. We are looking forward to your thoughts.

Olga

The Best Note-Taking Management Tool

Well, it is just splendid. I am actually now using several note-taking tools: Nimbus Note, Evernote and Google Docs, but for some specific things which you need to be able to access quickly, create some drafts in one moment and save, it is probably the best solution.

Pros

I really like that it is easily accessible, adaptive, affordable, adjustable to the needs of every user, appealing and aesthetical. Besides, it is really user-friendly, useful and ultramodern. What's more, this note-taking tool is practical, powerful and helps you effectively keep your promising drafts. I enjoy this software more than just using some editors because MS Office and LibreOffice sometimes may be really slow-working, despite using good hardware, enough physical memory space, order and no bugs in your OS. Nimbus Web is responsive, reliable and really remarkable. It is absolutely not costly, and this thing is stylish and detail-sensitive. Word search is almost flawless, docs downloading is fast, notes ordering is easy-to-use and apply. You can easily add any tags, change fonts or wordings coloring, add to favorites or remove them, create tidy folders or clean them, restore the notes from trash, name and rename them. You can even create to-do-lists, share things, set reminders, or even upload some files. You can quickly print out note, search through notes, find something in a note. It is really a pragmatic, neat and just professional thing which I always need.

Cons

I dislike that I cannot change my email easily in my account. They offer to write to their support team, but it is just some extra hassle and I would want to have a reliable and quick way to change my email. Besides, sometimes it is working slowly in some browsers (especially in Chromium, OS Ubuntu Budgie 18.04.)

Reasons for switching to Nimbus Note

Well, I have not really switched, I still sometimes use Evernote Premium and have the full access to it, but in the past (5 months ago) I always had problems to log in Chromium browser, Ubuntu Budgie 18.04. Besides, sometimes I could not even log in other browsers, such as Chrome or Firefox. For some weird reason this tool just detested my Linux browsers and I could not cope with this issue even when I bought my Premium account. I had to use Evernote App on my Android, but it was not always comfortable. As a result, I went to Nimbus Web and Google Docs. I still use Evernote Premium from time to time, but I cannot prove if the problem has been solved or it still appears and reappears sometimes because I don't use it now daily.

Response from Nimbus Web

Hi Olga! Thanks a lot for your review. We worked hard on our super documents concept and really happy that you enjoy our editor. We are sorry that you faced some issues and agree that the process of email change is rather complicated at the moment. We are already working on the functionality that will offer to change email quickly right from the Nimbus Note web client.

Scott

My new, favorite go-to note taking and checklist application for my PC and my Smartphone/Tablet

Nimbus Note allows me to make notes about ANYTHING on my computer, smartphone or tablet, and have them synchronized across all those devices in realtime. So when I take notes about a project or a phone call I just took on my office phone line, and leave the office for an appointment, those notes are also available on my phone when I leave. The tagging and categories features allow for easy searching of my notes too.

Pros

I love that this program gives me a version for the computer AND my smart devices that stays synchronized in realtime. You can get a lot done with the 5MB of space they give you for free as well, so long as you don't get too heavy on images. There are lots of font and formatting options within the application, including inline image displays.

Cons

The to-do list features are a bit lacking. For example, you can create a note, but each note has a separate task list that isn't part of the note's body. There is no way to make a note that is JUST a to-do list that you can checkoff as you go using the full width of the screen or note. It would also be nice if you could link this program to your existing cloud storage solution (Google Drive, OneDrive, DropBox, etc.) for storing images attached to notes as well as for backup/restore operations. Having a screen capture utility is great, but they don't have an image editor to let you annotate your screenshots. Currently I have to use 2 programs (Numbus Note and PicPick) to get ALL my work done. The price tag is also quite high for what this program does and the lack of additional cloud sync and options. If this program integrated EVERYTHING in my CON list I would happily pay the monthly rate.

Response from Nimbus Web

Hi Scott! Please check our updated app - to-do lists are improved, you can use one of many templates to work with to-do lists or create your own. Nimbus Capture has a great annotation panel - check it out! Also, we now have integrations with many services including Google Drive, which you can embed right into your note. We are looking forward to your feedback!

Innovative, Greation Functionality & Brandable Own Evernote System

Overall I'm really impressed with Nimbus notes, you can really see how much hard work and thought has gone into the product. I know they are taking on more and more feedback, so although there are a few things that are missing for me in how i would want to share my workspace, I'm confident that these guys are the right team to take on good feedback and keep innovating and evolving their product.

Pros

The features I appreciate most are: *Ability to brand your own evernote type system (including domain name and logo) * Create personal accounts for people * Create shared workspaces * Easily embed external video into notes * Public pages

Cons

What could do with improvement or adding is: * Custom note templates * Cloning workspaces * Better shared use of Workspaces to users can't change your notes (Read only with more options) * Onboarding process for new users into personal & shared needs to be a bit more intuitive

Reasons for choosing Nimbus Note

Because Nimbus offers the brandability that I was after as well as the ability to create user accounts for all my clients.

Reasons for switching to Nimbus Note

I haven't switched completely yet as I have my own templates in Evernote, but once I can create my own note templates I'll be doing that more.

Response from Nimbus Web

Thanks for the detailed feedback, Daniel! We will keep you suggestions in mind, thanks for staying with us.

Pedro

The tab that is constantly open

My note-taking became smoother than ever. I used to have Evernote back in the day so I don't honestly know how much Nimbus Note is better than them. I tried Notion and I felt Nimbus Note AI to be better and feel better. About Nimbus Note, I love how I have all my thoughts in one place. It's like a borrowed brain, to uncluttered mine.

Pros

As a copywriter, I spend far too much online doing "research." And it's easy to stumble upon something I believe might be useful in the future. I have tones of draft emails, text files on my computer, random notes on my phone... And do you know what happened to all those notes? Me neither. Because I always lacked structure and organization to know where to find them when I needed them. With Nimbus Note, my note-taking is like a well-rehearsed orchestra. I know where things are. The tags, folders, and workspaces make everything so smooth. I can add pictures or documents. I absolutely love the outline option where I can immediately see what's inside each note, making it easy to access it. Right now, it's the only tab that gets to stay open throughout my day.

Cons

When adding a table on a note, I wish I could freeze the top line or something. Just like we do on a normal spreadsheet. Other than that, the workspaces, especially at the beginning, can be a bit tricky. More than once I thought I've lost all my work just to find it in a different workspace. It can get your heart to run faster, but everything ends up being fine.

Reasons for choosing Nimbus Note

I got it on an Appsumo promotion and that made it all worth it.

Response from Nimbus Web

Hi Pedro! Thanks for your feedback, great that you use our editor for your work. According the freezing, please use this form to submit your suggestion https://support.nimbusweb.co/portal/newticket, we are listening to the community.

Replied November 2020

Geoffrey

Great value for the money

It all started great, I could import thousands of notes from my evernote and file them easily in the same way. Then I installed the browser extension and the desktop app. That's where I felt like the tool was still good value for the money but not the best on the market. You lose quite some time waiting for the apps to sync and retrieve content, wether it's the web app, the browser extension or the desktop app.

Pros

Nimbus note has a lot of features under the hood to help you file and format your notes in the best possible way (private and business workspace, folders, sub-folders, tags... And a lot of options within the note like different headings, import files, copy images, create tables, etc...). The "import from evernote" feature worked flawlessly.

Cons

1) It's very slow sometimes. You're typing your note and your app will freeze (web app or desktop app : same issue). I never had this problem with evernote. 2) It's very slow to sync. 3) Results aren't presented with the most recently created/edited files first. And then you have to keep scrolling through dozens of notes until you find the one you created yesterday... 4) The browser extension takes forever to capture a full page. Evernote did this very quickly in comparison. 5) Trying to save a note from my android phone (with the "share > Nimbus" feature) is cumbersome. You have to put the focus back to title to add a title on your note, it's not prefilled by default, no auto-tagging, just a link to the page, no content capture. Don't get me wrong, it's still great value for the price. But there is still a long way to go until it's on par with evernote.

Reasons for switching to Nimbus Note

Nimbus note was on lifetime deal and I didn't feel like upgrading to evernote monthly payment due to the occasional usage I have.

Nimbus is great for small teams and individual users. Prefer over more well known options.

My experience has been enjoyable. The bugs get resolved in decent time, so the product quality is maintained.

Pros

Great for management of notes and links . You can keep Nimbus synced near-realtime on most mobileOS phone/tablets, and most DesktopOS computers, and of course online . The organization features by category / tag / folder & subfolder hierarchically / search / etc. are pretty good. Better than Evernote for my purposes - since it is useful to maintain interim clippings from various sources, on the web or otherwise. The OCR function works pretty well in the languages I have tried thus far.

Cons

There should be better screenshot ability, like CloudApp. Being able to create short clips and gif files from recordings would be nice. The tables and spreadsheet features are simplistic. They should offer integrations to reference management tools. They should experiment integrating the Signal protocol, so that their cloud storage doesn’t necessarily need to be utilized for some of the ‘partitions’ of the notes. Some of these are not cons per say, but they would make Nimbus have a better differentiation versus their competitor vendors.

Reasons for choosing Nimbus Note

I choose it because they met most of my requirements and they had what appeared to me as a roadmap that meant they would be here for the very long run, and not shutter down.

Response from Nimbus Web

Please check our updates apps - Nimbus Capture allows to record videos in GIF format. Also, we launched a new editor which has advanced tables and databases. You can check the details at https://nimbusweb.me/feature-note-editor.php

Leon

Excellent Evernote (and Loom) Alternative

Excellent at organizing my notes for my current books I'm writing, and journals. I love the ability to use it across all my devices without any penalties whatsoever.

Pros

I love the folder structure I love the ability to pick what format each block of text. Ability to write infinite notes Ability to record videos on the fly (alternative to Loom) Ability to screencapture AND edit with arrows and other editing features 100's of templates available to start my notes! (so cool)

Cons

when using smaller-sized windows, I must scroll horizontally to view the rest of my text. A bit annoying, but I am sure they will update something in the future. The android app seems kind of clunky and unnatural at first - I think i just have to get used to it

Reasons for choosing Nimbus Note

Notion felt TOO customizable. I loved the Nimbus Note template notes that are available - super useful.

Reasons for switching to Nimbus Note

Evernote was limited in terms of devices, and it was difficult for me to sort my notes.

Response from Nimbus Web

Thanks for your feedback, Leon! We are working on UI improvements in all of our clients, so it will be updated soon.

Replied November 2020