All Beam.gg Reviews

1-20 of 20 Reviews

Sort by

Reviews are by default sorted by Recommended to software buyers, driven by our proprietary algorithm reflecting the depth and quality of the review, recency of experience, and other factors. As a neutral reviews platform, the star rating of the review is not considered in the "Recommended" ranking, and there is currently no voting mechanism that would allow site visitors to influence the ranking.
User Profile

Jock

Verified reviewer

Publishing, 2-10 employees

Used monthly for less than 12 months

Review Source: Capterra

OVERALL RATING:

EASE OF USE

VALUE FOR MONEY

CUSTOMER SUPPORT

FUNCTIONALITY

Reviewed March 2022

This could be the best solution but needs work

I have not been able to fully deply this yet due to the use and features and the granular control needed. I do know this is coming so i am in it for the long haul.

PROS

This is a beautiful community solution and helps to build gammified community and engagement.

CONS

It is lacking on a number of areas, and those areas need developed as soon as possible in order to enjoy the app. That being said, i do believe this could be the best community solution available very soon.

Reason for choosing Beam.gg

The potential

Reasons for switching to Beam.gg

Many reasons, but mostly because the issues on tribe.

Vendor Response

Thanks for the kind words, Jock! Beam.gg is still definitely in its early stages, but we're working very closely with our community to deliver the best features and experience to our users. We appreciate your support!

Replied May 2022

Jay

Marketing and Advertising, 2-10 employees

Used weekly for less than 6 months

OVERALL RATING:

EASE OF USE

VALUE FOR MONEY

CUSTOMER SUPPORT

FUNCTIONALITY

Reviewed May 2022

Beam.gg is a Fantastic and Fun Group Software

Easy to set up, ease of use, great customer support, constant new features people want and can use right away. All in all, couldn't be more happy with my purchase. Look forward to building multiple communities here. Also I love the sub-groups features so I can have gated sub-groups and open sub-groups within the same community.

PROS

Great community that I can replace FB Groups with, with more features, and focusing on features to keep your group engaged and enjoying it (while having great discussions) with gamification, white-labeling, and so much more.

CONS

There could be a little more around communicating with individuals (chats, calls, video?, etc) but that's really not the focus for Beam.gg right now, and what they do, they do very well. And their team is continually adding features and building things out, so I wouldn't be surprised to continue to see more work in some areas.

The features, support, team, and awesome roadmap made it an easy choice.

the ease of use and features, as well as gamification, of Beam just drew me in. Open or private sub-groups was also a huge feature for me, as I'll have group coaching and masterminds (private) but also a larger open group to get people in the door.

Vendor Response

Wow thanks so much for the kind words, Jay! We're so happy to hear how much you're liking the platform. Beam.gg is definitely still its early stages, but we're working very hard to improve the experience for our users and to develop new, meaningful features that people will love to have! We appreciate everyone's support as we build Beam.gg into its best possible version. If you have any questions or need help with your community, don't hesitate to reach out to us! Every piece of feedback is very much welcome.

Replied June 2022

User Profile

Burt

Verified reviewer

Professional Training & Coaching, 2-10 employees

Used daily for less than 12 months

OVERALL RATING:

EASE OF USE

VALUE FOR MONEY

CUSTOMER SUPPORT

FUNCTIONALITY

Reviewed May 2022

Has the potential... but the Creators are focused on Premium instead of working on the foundation.

At first...I was happy, knowing I was testing a beta product that had great potential. But after six months, and the basic functions were not being corrected...I am NOT happy with the product. I am losing too many members who complain they are leaving because of the bugs and issues with this platform. I lose money every time a member decides to quit my community.

PROS

This software has potential. The gamification features are great for a particular demographic...and that is good. Easy to deploy and easy to use...and that is very important.

CONS

A lot of basic features are missing. Users can not edit a comment. No private messaging, no scheduling of post, no ability to send out important notifications....etc. NO RESPONSIVE SUPPORT. Beam has an impressive "Road Map" and if all of those things get implemented, it would be a great piece of software and worth the current price. At the moment, with so many bugs, issues and basic functionality missing, this product is NOT ready to be sold as a premium product. The R&D team and owners are more focused on creating Premium add-ons to generate more money, when they need to work on the foundation. It's kinda like trying to sell me electric windows for my vehicle, but I can't even manually roll up the windows. Let's get the basics working....then focus on creating upgrades.

Ease of implementation and use.... The "Roadmap" showed great promise...but failed!

The creators would not support the product. To difficult for users to understand or navigate.

Vendor Response

Hi Burt, thanks for sharing your feedback. It's not really a secret that Beam.gg is still in its early stages, but we have a very promising roadmap, and a capable team that has every intention to deliver! We've already deployed a lot of major fixes and improvements to our app, and we continue to work on this everyday. If you're subscribed to our newsletter, you should receive app updates on a weekly basis. We're also very committed to keeping in touch with our customers, whether that's hearing your feedback on new features, helping you with your community, or learning more about your business. If you have any questions or need help with anything, send a message through our website, and I'll personally respond. -Jazz

Replied May 2022

Tim

Marketing and Advertising, 1 employee

OVERALL RATING:

EASE OF USE

VALUE FOR MONEY

CUSTOMER SUPPORT

FUNCTIONALITY

Reviewed March 2022

Create courses and communities

Love it, I can see this being the heart of my business

PROS

I love the gamification features and that I can create courses that feel community based with embeddable video.

CONS

You can’t delete categories so you need to be sure of them up front, and don’t make mistakes like typos.

Lifetime offer and a chance to be an early adopter

I wanted control over the experience.

Vendor Response

Thanks for the kind words, Tim! Definitely agree that gamification is the future of community marketing! As for the post categories, while they cannot be deleted right now, we do allow users to edit or disable them. This is by design to allow community owners to preserve or archive all of the content made under that specific category. But yes, we'll definitely look into what can be done in the future to improve the user experience for this particular feature. Appreciate your feedback!

Replied March 2022

Anonymous

1 employee

Used daily for less than 6 months

OVERALL RATING:

EASE OF USE

VALUE FOR MONEY

CUSTOMER SUPPORT

FUNCTIONALITY

Reviewed March 2022

Beam.gg will soon be competing with the likes of Circle.so and Mighty Networks

Beam.gg has top-notch support. They have a community for their users, and they keep it very engaged. I would say I feel like a member and I feel like I have a say in what they build next. You can forget that with Facebook Groups.

PROS

I love this platform because it is so easy to use and well-designed. The customer support has been amazing. I am so glad I found this because I was looking for a platform that allows me the freedom to create communities for my business. It is so easy to use, and I love the gamification features. This is a must-have for all of my marketing teams.

CONS

It's not fully built out yet to compete with the likes of Circle.so, Mighty Networks, and the overly popular and completely out of your control: Facebook Groups. I would much prefer Beam.gg with a lack of features than Facebook. I would love to see extra customization like integrated video instead of having to use Zoom. Circle.so just launch livestreams, so it would be fantastic to include in Beam.gg. The organization has area for improvement, and is a bit of a mix between Discord and Circle.so.

Vendor Response

Thanks for the honest feedback! We appreciate the kind words very much. Beam.gg is still definitely in its early stages, but we have A LOT of plans ahead of us, and we're very excited to keep improving our product in 2022. We're also very committed to keeping in touch with our customerswhether that's hearing your feedback on new features, helping you with your community, or learning more about your business. We're honored to serve such a wonderful community of users, and we hope to continue being part of your journey in the years ahead!

Replied March 2022

User Profile

Dean

Verified reviewer

E-Learning, 1 employee

OVERALL RATING:

EASE OF USE

VALUE FOR MONEY

CUSTOMER SUPPORT

FUNCTIONALITY

Reviewed March 2022

Great Community Platform

Not much ease in the setup process. But once you do have it set up it is a good platform overall. It is worth trying out to see if it would be a good fit for you and your business.

PROS

I really like the idea of Beam.gg being able to be used for both internal company use as well as for public company use. The ability to have a private group with other team members and still be able to easily share information within the group is really nice. The ease of using the tool with a mobile device was also a big plus.

CONS

While the community aspect of Beam.gg is great, it can get pretty overwhelming sometimes. Some of the options available can be confusing. The way that the leaderboards work can make it difficult to keep track of where you rank in the rankings. This makes it hard to see your progress from one day to the next. Other dislikes: Setting up the CNAME was not as easy as I was accustomed to, it took a long time, like over a week. You cannnot change your email address after setting up an account. Post categories are permanent and cannot be deleted. Beam branding on emails sent to those in the community, not a huge deal but would have been nice to know ahead of time.

Vendor Response

Hi Dean, thanks for the honest review! I'm sorry to hear the custom domain setup didn't go as smoothly as expected. A few of our early adopters unfortunately had to experience a manual setup since we were still in the process of developing the custom domain feature back then. But now, rest assured, everything's already automated, and it should be a lot easier for any customer to set up their custom domain! Leaderboards and Email Branding are definitely part of our priorities this year, and you'll see them on our public roadmap! We're also taking steps to make sure we improve the user experience by addressing pain points like email change and archiving categories. Appreciate all the feedback!

Replied March 2022

User Profile

Angela

Verified reviewer

Marketing and Advertising, 11-50 employees

This reviewer was invited by us to submit an honest review and offered a nominal incentive as a thank you.

OVERALL RATING:

EASE OF USE

VALUE FOR MONEY

CUSTOMER SUPPORT

FUNCTIONALITY

Reviewed May 2022

Community platform with gamification feature built-in. Also have a strong roadmap

it was great

PROS

It's quite easy to setup and start working on it. Love the gamification feature, no need to customize Discord to have this function, which is a great plus.

CONS

Leaderboards need some improvement to make progress more obvious. Categories are not editable, if you put 'test 1', it'll be test 1 forever, which is not ideal. It can be slow to load sometimes.

Private domain, and the gamification feature

Vendor Response

Hi Angela! Thanks for the feedback! Let me address some of the things you've mentioned. You actually can edit categories from your platform settings, and they can also be toggled off so they won't appear to the public. As for leaderboards, this is not available on the app yet, but is an upcoming feature that we're looking forward to add! In terms of performance, this is something we're actively working on. We've already deployed some fixes to make sure loading times are faster on the feed and when expanding posts. We'll continue to optimize our app's performance the next few months, together with some improvements to our navigation. Thank you for your support!

Replied May 2022

Anonymous

1 employee

Used weekly for less than 12 months

OVERALL RATING:

EASE OF USE

VALUE FOR MONEY

FUNCTIONALITY

Reviewed March 2022

Community platform that's growing fast

PROS

I like that appearance, the gamification, and overall look and feel.

CONS

There have been a few bugs that took a few months to resolve, but things are moving pretty well now.

Tribe was too expensive.

Vendor Response

Thanks for the kind words! We really appreciate our community for helping us spot pesky bugs and keep the app experience smooth for all users. When making fixes and improvements to the product, we try to prioritize tasks based on urgency and impact to our customers. Complexity of the issue also plays a big part on how issues are resolved. We appreciate your patience as we work towards improving the online community experience for everyone!

Replied March 2022

User Profile

Derek

Verified reviewer

Publishing, 2-10 employees

Used monthly for less than 6 months

OVERALL RATING:

EASE OF USE

VALUE FOR MONEY

FUNCTIONALITY

Reviewed May 2022

Gamified Community To Build a Platform

PROS

The gamification of Beam.gg puts it above other forums like Simple Machines Forum or phpBB. It motivates people to add new content and interact with the community. Similar to Reddit, it allows members to upvote or downvote content. It's easy to use and has a nice UI. They also have a detailed roadmap with a lot of new features coming down the pipeline. The overall goal for me buying this was to use it as a stepping stone to building a platform. Having engaged and consistent users is a cornerstone of a successful platform. Beam.gg can help do this.

CONS

There's no dark mode at the moment, which I prefer as a late night user. I'd also like the WordPress integration to come soon. And I'd like to be able to integrate it into my existing WordPress site, with the same navigation header and footer. Just insert the forum into the existing site. But I can't complain too much about features that don't exist. So that means there's not much to complain about.

Beam.gg was available at AppSumo for a somewhat affordable price as an LTD, and I thought I'd fork down the cash to give it a try. I don't have enough time to add content to my site, so I thought it would be a good idea to create a community that allows people to add their own content.

Vendor Response

Thanks for the kind words, Derek! Beam.gg is still definitely its early stages but the team is working hard to deliver the best experience to our users, and that includes fulfilling our roadmap. We hope we can count on your continued support!

Replied May 2022

Anonymous

2-10 employees

This review was submitted organically. No incentive was offered

OVERALL RATING:

EASE OF USE

VALUE FOR MONEY

CUSTOMER SUPPORT

FUNCTIONALITY

Reviewed February 2022

Beam.gg is a community that offers a gamified features, engaging features and nice look.

PROS

Beam.gg is an excellent community platform with its gamification features and unlimited members and storage.

CONS

Loading speed is ok, but I think it can be better.

Faster development and loading speed.

Vendor Response

Thanks for the feedback! We appreciate the kind words very much. Performance is definitely a priority for us. In fact, we've already deployed our first batch of improvements for this area. You should notice faster loading speed when clicking on posts and comments from the main feed. You can expect us to deploy more performance improvements in the next couple of weeks

Replied February 2022

Anjli

Computer Software, 11-50 employees

This review was submitted organically. No incentive was offered

OVERALL RATING:

EASE OF USE

VALUE FOR MONEY

CUSTOMER SUPPORT

FUNCTIONALITY

Reviewed June 2022

Low admin work

I personally loved Beam.gg. My overall experience is good

PROS

I especially appreciate the Word Filter tool, which is customizable and automated for hassle-free user protection.

CONS

Beam.gg is still in its early stages but they have a very good team and a promising roadmap, which makes me excited to keep growing my community with them

Vendor Response

Love the review, Anjili. Thanks for that! We're definitely looking forward to bringing our users more promising features, including custom gamification and private subforums!

Replied July 2022

Ziad

Information Technology and Services, 1 employee

OVERALL RATING:

EASE OF USE

VALUE FOR MONEY

CUSTOMER SUPPORT

FUNCTIONALITY

Reviewed March 2022

Beam is a community builder on steroid!

Beam is very powerful in what it does. It builds amazing communities in no time all hosted on blazing fast servers. Very easy to use and requires zero coding skills. Team offers stellar support and keeps updating and improving the platform. I just wish that Adsense and analytics were included in the basic plans like other community software are doing but beside that I’m very happy with my purchase and i highly recommend it!

PROS

Beam is truly a state of the art gamification community builder where hosting is taken care of and the pricing compared to other community software is truly unmatched! The ease of use of this software is one of its main strength. The plethora of features it offers is another very powerful quality not to forget that beam offers one of the most beautiful community designs in the space and offers very mobile friendly experience to the users. Gamification and keeping users engaged and active is another powerful feature of Beam as well.

CONS

The software is still pretty new but the team keeps on improving it on a regular basis so this means that Beam will get more powerful and more feature rich with time progression. Push notification is a needed option that it’s not there for now but I think it’s on the roadmap. One other thing that I disliked is the package I bought doesn’t include google Adsense and analytics integration which I feel should be very basic features and included in my plan. Unfortunately this immensely limit my ways of monetizing my community since I’m not interested to offer anything that members can buy directly from me through my community.

Vendor Response

Thanks for the kind words, Ziad! It's been such a pleasure working with you to build your online community! The suite of features that we have right now definitely only scratches the surface. We have big plans to introduce new features and enhancements in the next few years, including a PWA (supporting push notifs), custom gamification, and more community monetization features. We hope to continue getting your support as we make Beam.gg the best online community platform!

Replied March 2022

Justin

Information Technology and Services, 1 employee

OVERALL RATING:

EASE OF USE

VALUE FOR MONEY

FUNCTIONALITY

Reviewed March 2022

Launch your own engagement community with gamification, unlimited members and storage

PROS

Audit logs and Word filter give the ability to easily moderate content. Engagement with ranks, quests, badges and custom reactions. Responsive, mobile-first design.

CONS

Webhooks and API, native or hybrid mobile app desirable. Faster load time and higher performance would be highly beneficial.

Vendor Response

Thanks for the honest review, Justin! Webhooks, API, and a Progressive Web App (PWA) are all part of our roadmap for this year, so that's gonna be pretty exciting! We're also taking some measures to improve our app's overall performance. We've already rolled out our first batch of enhancements so you should notice significantly faster loading speed on the main feed and when clicking on posts and comments. The rest of our performance enhancements will be released in batches over the next few months.

Replied March 2022

Sunil

Management Consulting, 2-10 employees

OVERALL RATING:

EASE OF USE

FUNCTIONALITY

Reviewed March 2022

A really good community building software

PROS

The best features is its ease of deployment and ease of use

CONS

Mobile application would be a huge add on

Anonymous

1 employee

OVERALL RATING:

EASE OF USE

VALUE FOR MONEY

FUNCTIONALITY

Reviewed March 2022

On a good track

PROS

The design of the platform is very nice and modern. Unlike other community software, it stands out from the crowd. There are many settings options.

CONS

Unfortunately, the beagle as a whole is not yet very mature. Errors occur here and there and there is a lack of essential options and settings that should be the basis. Instead, more and more gimmicks are added, but they should only follow after the right product development. Announced deadlines for new features are not met. I would be much happier to receive an email with updates on development than to receive another 1000 offers on lifetime deals.

Vendor Response

Thanks for the feedback! Appreciate the honest review. It's not really a secret that Beam.gg is still in its early stages, but we have A LOT of plans ahead of us (check out our roadmap at beam.gg/roadmap), and we're very excited to keep improving our product in 2022. We're laser focused on tripling our revenue so we can bring you more features by end of year, and promoting deals and offers are part of keeping the business sustainable. We very much appreciate users who give us a chance and believe in Beam.gg's potential as much as we do!

Replied March 2022

James

Motion Pictures and Film, 2-10 employees

Used daily for less than 6 months

OVERALL RATING:

EASE OF USE

VALUE FOR MONEY

CUSTOMER SUPPORT

FUNCTIONALITY

Reviewed July 2022

Beam.gg is the best!

PROS

That it can connect a community for cheap and easy.

CONS

Nothing really, perhaps add something like discord boosts.

Vendor Response

Thanks for the review, James! We do actually already have member subscriptions, which works similarly to boosts, in a way that it allows members to support the community. But we'll definitely keep exploring this idea more! Thanks again!

Replied July 2022

Anonymous

1 employee

OVERALL RATING:

EASE OF USE

FUNCTIONALITY

Reviewed March 2022

Beam.gg showed promise but fell short of the hype

PROS

Beam.gg is a promising community software and has a lot of potential to be a top-tier product. 1. The user interface is excellent. 2. Gamification is nicely done. 3. An impressive roadmap.

CONS

1. Beam.gg does not let you change the subdomain once it is registered in the system. This is a huge turn-off. 2. Categories cannot be deleted once they are created. Again, it is a deal-breaker as a small typo while naming a category means you're stuck with it. 3. Not enough integrations with third-party automation products such as Pabbly. 4. Most of the features being sold are actually just on the roadmap and not built yet.

Alexa

Entertainment, 1 employee

OVERALL RATING:

EASE OF USE

VALUE FOR MONEY

CUSTOMER SUPPORT

FUNCTIONALITY

Reviewed March 2022

An excellent solution

It’s been really good, support were helpful when I had an issue and it’s easy to use.

PROS

The gamification is a unique feature that really helps people want to come back.

CONS

It’s not as customisable as I’d like, I’d like more choices and be able to choose my own brand colours.

I wanted more control.

Vendor Response

Hi Alexa, thanks for the honest review! Definitely agree that users should have more control over their own communities. We've actually already introduced some new customization options for content, but that's only the beginning! As part of our roadmap this year, we'll also look into offering more color options (possibly even a HEX color picker), custom onboarding questions, and custom gamification!

Replied March 2022

Jason

E-Learning, 2-10 employees

OVERALL RATING:

EASE OF USE

VALUE FOR MONEY

CUSTOMER SUPPORT

FUNCTIONALITY

Reviewed March 2022

Beam your community

PROS

The UIUX of this software is beautiful and elegant. Young people would love it.

CONS

The updates used to be slow but now it’s ok

Vendor Response

Hey Jason, thanks for the kind words! Really glad you're loving our UI/UX! We actually made sure that our design is aligned with today's trends, and appealing to millennials and Gen Z. We believe that as we move towards the future, Beam.gg's modern look will be the norm for online communities everywhere. And we will continue to improve user experience with every update as we strive to be the best community platform out there!

Replied March 2022

User Profile

Jesus

Verified reviewer

E-Learning, 1 employee

OVERALL RATING:

EASE OF USE

VALUE FOR MONEY

CUSTOMER SUPPORT

FUNCTIONALITY

Reviewed March 2022

A versatile social media platform

PROS

I like the fact that Beam offers a gamified platform to host my own community

CONS

Some important features are in the roadmap; hopefully deployed soon

Vendor Response

Hi Jesus! Thanks for the kind words! Looking forward to continue supporting you and your community with all the features that you need to succeed

Replied May 2022

Showing 1 - 20 of 20 Reviews