Review Highlights

Pros and Cons

• icon"Quick and easy contract (service) purchase and install. Reasonable pricing cost."
  • icon"They are committed to helping me until a resolution is reached."
  • icon"The customer service is awesome. They will log onto my computer to show me how to do something if I am having issues figuring something out."
  • icon"Some adding and plugins has issues and not working as expected, the middleware servers for the addons are not stable."
  • icon"I don't like having to manually dial in a number to enter a queue and to call again to leave the queue to set your availability. There should be a more automated way of doing this."
  • icon"The Jive homepage is overly crowded , making Jive difficult to navigate. Personally,I see the Jive user interface as un-intuitive."

Have you used Jive and would like to share your experience with others?

All Jive Reviews

Abiola

Social network styled interaction.

Pros

Jive provides my organization with a social network styled platform where employees can interact and collaborate outside emails. It is completely mobile ,therefore I am able to use Jive while on the move to follow current company news , access my Jive inbox and manage all of my communications , while also being able to create and share documents.

Cons

The Jive homepage is overly crowded , making Jive difficult to navigate.Personally,I see the Jive user interface as un-intuitive.

Mandie

August 2022

Jive helps us stay connected!

Pros

We use Jive for our phone system and it sends after hour calls to my cell phone via email.

Cons

We are looking for a training for our front desk team to learn more about the features.

Reasons for switching to Jive

Weave didn't offer as many features and we needed Jive when we started using Revenue Well.

Good tool for intranet site or internal wiki

Improved collaboration, and once it had been adopted widely across the company, the internal site we built using it became a must-visit destination each day because it made it easy to quickly see what's going on around our large company.

Pros

Used for an internal company site, Jive is a simple, user-friendly tool to allow employees to easily collaborate and communicate in their work and other initiatives. I've also found it's very handy for the sharing of documents, and the ability to limit visibility of those documents where necessary is a definite plus.

Cons

There is not much to dislike once you get used to it, which doesn't take long. The only place in which I've found it can be a little buggy is my personal feed of updates I'm following in my inbox, which does not always mark items as read when I want it to.

Barbara

April 2022

Great software

Good customer service

Pros

I can answers all the office phone calls anywhere and also can make phone call with the office phone number and I don't need to be in the office. I can text and sent and receive pictures.

Cons

I would love to see the patient picture and name.

Reasons for choosing Jive

I was recommended by RevenueWell

Reasons for switching to Jive

Caller ID was not working

Needs Tons of Governance

A lot of the issues with this system may be experienced with most intranet services of its kind, but it's important to keep in mind. If you're going to implement Jive, especially at a large enterprise, it's important to have strong governance rules from the start regarding versioning of content, and who is allowed to upload content and where. People in my organization frequently complain that it's hard to find what they are looking for.

Pros

It's quite easy to upload content to Jive, and I find it useful for finding individuals in my organization

Cons

This system quickly becomes a mess without proper governance. It's highly open-ended, which can be great, but in a large organization the system can quickly become loaded with content and it's hard to find what you need quickly, and to know if it's up-to-date. I find the alerts a bit clunky as well.

Julia

Decent but needs newer, more exciting features

Pros

Decent features and functionality and easy to use IF you know how to code. Good pricing and nice that they now have a mobile version that works well - many other intranet software platforms do not have mobile capabilities.

Cons

The product leans too much on users' ability to code HTML/CSS. To make your intranet pages pop and look professional, it shouldn't require jumping through so many hoops. They should have more responsive widgets built into the platform because the front-end usually ends up being well organized but a bit one dimensional. Would be nice if it were set up similarly to Wordpress.

Jordan

June 2022

Incredible, but a bit pricey as a solution

Incredible, we communicate better and I was able to now make my team's efficiency a lot better without having to manually route calls.

Pros

I am able to communicate and control our internal voip system masterfully.

Cons

It had a bit of a learning curve setting it up and is not user friendly when assigning user permissions

Overall a good product but could use better customer service.

Pros

The UX/UI for the end user is very good. I conduct training for all of our new hires and they find it easy to use and navigate. Several different options allow for some customization of "places" and the admin console is quite robust in terms of permissions, email notifications, and news feed structure. The free mobile app functions as a great extension of the web app. They seem to be on the verge of greatness in terms of fine-tuning what they current offer and expanding into new features.

Cons

When we first started using Jive about 3 years ago, the customer service was pretty good, but since it was acquired, the new focus seems to be less on keeping their previously good customer service and more on pushing current customers to upgrade (and spend more money). While they may still be transitioning due to the acquisition, I get the sense that Jive could be really great only if they stop treating their customers like prospects with a lot of extra money in their budgets to spend on upgrades and consultant fees, and start providing the same level of customer service.

Ryan

Jive SIP

Pros

Simple to manage hosted VoIP system, almost no downtime since the time i have signed up, billing remains consistent. I can do just about everything i need to do from the dashboard.

Cons

The Customer Service/Support team is pretty bad to put it lightly. Anytime i've had to put in a support ticket it always takes at least 12 hours to get any kind of response. I've put in a few tickets that could have easily been answered via email, but they insist on calling. If I wanted to talk to the support team, i would have called them instead of emailing. If that isn't bad enough, most of the time you have to go through 3 or 4 different people before you get to someone that can actually help you.

OK product let down by weak features & poor support

Poor account management, poor support.

Pros

Good search function. Well laid out structure. Excellent Office integration for file control

Cons

terrible support. Extracting data is hard/slow. Lack of development with no major features for years. SImple expected features not native such as polls. Very little third party add-in support

Cami

Good product, and great customer service

There are always wants when it comes to customized software, but most companies just write you off when you have met your budget or end of a contract. Jive customer service is second to Sauce Labs for listening to the customer. They joke around with you and become a friendly customer service. Their software is like a company Facebook for our corporate account. It's a social place where we can share content. Jive has been able to help our company share and live to stream our content that is easy enough for that lady that's been in our company for 35 years that refuses to upgrade her IE8 browser. It's simple where the image or spot that someone would assume where something would be. I highly recommend them. They do have their downfalls in their search, however. Previously powered by GSA, but since changing away from them it causes our biggest complaint within the company. If tags aren't used on the document or you don't know the exact title or phrasing you have a hard time finding ideal content.

Pros

3rd party company varieties to add-on, UI, and customer service

Cons

Search engine

Amber

Best VOIP Phone Service Ever!

My overall experience has been great. Everything works as expected and as it should. No complaints

Pros

No dropped calls, no cracked voices no issues with caller not hearing me but I can hear them. The customer service is awesome! They will log onto my computer to show me how to do something if I am having issues figuring something out. They are committed to helping me until a resolution is reached.

Cons

There is nothing that I don't like about this software. I have hardly had any issues but any issues o have had they have been able to resolve for me.

A super wiki in a social media cloak.

Pros

When I started using this I saw the fact that you could link anything to anything from a search function. e.g. Post a blog and in their link it to a page for from a page link to a discussion. Then with the outlook plugin, you could have discussions directly from outlook and it had nice integration with word and excel.

Cons

At the time when I was using the default space/area setting was the social media one where I found having a document opening in the first-page work much better for most people.

Wolf

Good value but could use work

We were using Truly before and although the call quality was not as consistent, I preferred the interface. Much cleaner and minimal.

Pros

As far as call quality goes, it has been great. Very consistent. Have not had any issues with it. Pretty intuitive to use.

Cons

I don't like having to manually dial in a number to enter a queue and to call again to leave the queue to set your availability. There should be a more automated way of doing this. Sometimes, it will disconnect me from the queue. I wish I had quick and easy visibility as to when I'm connected or disconnected.

Bassem

Jive - Work in Progress

Pros

Jive offers our firm an easy and convenient means of communication, documentation, and support. The platform has a lot of different features for page setups.

Cons

It does require a bit of a learning curve to put the website together. It does also require some thought on the creator's behalf as to how to provide easy access to the users.

Christine

Central place for everyone to find things

single sign-on is key

Pros

We have a standard setup, but you can also add additional products on your home screen. This allows a single sign on for our primary portal, the community, e-mail, LMS, directory, etc.

Cons

Resetting your password is a pain, mostly because of the number of steps you have to go through to get to the right screen. It's not intuitive, and if you're in any of your sub-programs, you have to remember to go all the way back to the top login level.

Glen