• Pros

• "Very easy to get setup and manage, and top notch quality!"

• "All the plugins I have downloaded from SocialEngineAddOns are brilliant, the plugins are very customizable and I really recommend that to all my friends."

• "I like very much their software stability and functionality."

• Cons

• "Some prices are high if you compare it with other company's"

• "Sometimes the compatibility of plugins is an issue as these are developed by third-party software companies. "

• "We were early adopters of this software, so in the beginning there were a few things we would have like to change and add. But currently there are no complaints."

Browse SocialEngine PHP Reviews

Juan A. from Rumbeasinparar.com

Social Engine + SocialEngineSolutions = Excellency, The best Platform and the Best Plugins!

I have my Own social media site that I can manage at my will.

Pros

I purchase SE License on 2011 Because they really have the best social media Platform on the market, it is very competitive and very easy to customize using the different 3 party developers, I have tried a variety of diferente developers over the years, But since I found out of SocialEngineSolutions and I started working with them, (on my site for the last 3 years) I has made my job so much easier and made my site look so much better using their different plugins, they have very unique and modern way to their different plugins event tough there are already some of the same plugins develop already by different company's I believe they have the best looking and functional plugins, Plus their support team is the best, they always reply super fast and help to solve all of my problems. I highly recommend them for any job.

Cons

No cons so far, why do I need to have any cons... I don't know what to write here I'm just filling up space so that I can post my positive review ;)

June 2016

greg from GC

June 2016

Great CMS and Plugins make it even better

SE deserves 5-stars for everything, but it's the 3rd-Party Plugins that give it the 5-star for Features & Functionality. I spent over a year searching, researching, demoing, etc. many many CMS / Community Mgmt/Engagement apps. Although there were a few that were basically tied (for various reasons), it is the wealth of 3rd-Party Plugins that makes SE stand above the rest. Almost anything you can imagine can be done through existing Plugins (and if not, modifications can easily be made by some excellent devs). There were many Plugins that I have found useful by devs such as SocialEngineExperts, SocialEngineSolutions, Radcodes, Webhive, Hire-Experts, what really sold me on providing the bulk of the functionality I required was SocialEngineAddons. SocialEngineAddons offers many many Plugins that make SE actually useful for anything other than a very small community. Don't get me wrong, SE does a find job with what it offers, but SEAO is actually the primary reason I went with SE. Support has been excellent by SE, all of the devs I've worked with, as well as especially SEAO. They always go the extra mile, and start working on tickets immediately. And, like any software, there are times when things are a little more difficult to resolve than other times - and that's where they really shine. They are there and keep working on things until you are satisfied. So, if you're looking for a good CMS, SE will serve you well. If you're looking for a great CMS, SE is a great engine/back-end that other excellent devs build upon to make it more than you could ever hope for.

Pros

Sheesh - where do I start. I guess I'll just keep it simple - SE is a great CMS to start with, and if/when you need to build something there's a wealth of features/functionality in the Plugins that are offered by 3rd-Party devs.

Cons

That it's not yet compatible with PHP7, but they are working on it.

Outdated for years

Pros

The lack of development from the SE developers side requires an extensive use of third parties modules which in many cases are not supported by the official SE platform.

Cons

It is amazing the lack of interest of the team working for Social Engine in terms of improving the outdated system and official modules.The Social Engine maybe was a good solution to build your network 5-10 years ago. These days it's slow,ugly and outdated which can partly be covered by few modules.In general I feel sorry I have ever tried it but when I bought this software there were no many other options available.I wouldn't recommend it mainly because of the time and the recources I have wasted so far.

Louie Engelbrecht from Proslim Sa

Created something spectacular

Very good stoft ware very easy to grown social out reach and engagement

Pros

The user ability requires no tech back ground or knowledge. Ease y access to code.

Cons

Features for the non paid subscriptions, would love for more features.

Reasons for Choosing SocialEngine PHP

The easy way of using it SA nontechnical person

Barry from I Got My 3 "Discounted Membership Products & Services"

SEAO is what makes Social Engine a GREAT choice!

Pros

Social Engine is about average when it comes to Social Media Platforms with lots of potential. Then came along SEAO [Social Engine Add Ons] to the "RESCUE"!!! If you are looking to taking your Social Media Platform to the "NEXT LEVEL" you MUST use SEAO Plugins to stand out in a crowd. Their Advanced plugins are a "MUST" for your Social Media Platform. I have added all of them to my website and it's like WOW! SEAO is always developing NEW plugins to help your Social Engine Platform stay competitive with the "BIG BOYS" out there. Their SUPPORT is superior and plugin prices are VERY competitive, but ALWAYS compatible with 3rd party plugins. If you already have or are interested in having your own Social Engine Platform, do yourself a "TREMENDOUS" favor and make SEAO your 1st option when purchasing additional plugins... You will NOT regret it!!!

Cons

I have NO cons for SEAO, but Social Engine could offer more benefits for the price!

Texter from Global Network Tours

SocialEngine+SocialEngineAddons - A Terrific Harmony of great plugins with a great platform

Could build a robust complex Social networking platform within a decent time frame.

Pros

Social Engine is a very stable platform with a gamut of features to create your own eco system of social users. SocialEngineAddons are the icing and embellishments on the cake. They make a great team and are suite of products that gel perfectly.

Cons

Could use more robust features for business and enterprise companies. A few features like refunds etc in billing could be made in real time and more thoroughly integrated with many more payment gateways.

Adan from Rincon Cátolico

The best by far

It has been a great experience working with Socialengine software. It is very easy to edit and manage and best of all is the third party developers such as socialnetworking.solutions which offer great plugins and their support is always a text away

Pros

Easy to manage and customise and they are always on top with updates

Cons

No cons for me,it has been nothing but great from day one

Reasons for Choosing SocialEngine PHP

Flexibility and third party variety

THU MUA from MarketingProfs

Industry: Luxury Goods & Jewelry

Wonderfull selection !

I bought many Plugins from SEAO and felt great. Outstanding features and many of the features developed by SEAO are excellent. Whenever I need support, I get the quick service and perfect resolution of everything that I need, thanks to SEAO for all

Pros

Outstanding features and many of the features developed by SEAO are excellent

Cons

Some time i have problem with update to new version

Fernando from Drakonx Academy

Great Plugins and Services

SocialEngine AddOns staff are very fast to solve any problems and difficulties we face during the constant development of our online platform.

Pros

I like very much their software stability and functionality.

Cons

I would like to have the capabilities to customized the software.

Reasons for Choosing SocialEngine PHP

Customer Service and knowledge.

Alex from Ugeek Club

A great product with a great team.

I have had such an amazing experience with this software and the team. They have manifested the dream I had of making a social network for geeks.

Pros

The software is robust with full custimation and flexible recourses.

Cons

Not much not to like other than no weekend customer support but other than that the team is amazing.

Reasons for Choosing SocialEngine PHP

Its superior in every way.

Richard from fragDNA

Social Engine + SocialEngineAddOns - Score 10/10

Pros

These ease of use and overall support getting the fragdna project off the ground. I would recommend this software to anyone thinking of using it for their project. I use the SocialEngineAddons plugins which I think are the best and most user friendly out there, these guys are real pro's and support is quick, no waiting around also seem to be a friend bunch willing to put in that extra effort. 10/10

Cons

Sometimes when updating plugins I have to re-tweek my custom code, with regular backups it's only a few minutes to fix things. Apart from that very minor issue I have no complaints about SE software or support

Ferry from Private Venture Club

Industry: Investment Management

Outstanding Plugins and Support

The Social Engine Add-ons team is a pleasure to work with. We've purchased and use almost every plugin they've developed and it's really improved our site and added a lot of functionality. Their support is friendly and always helpful, and they've always helped us resolve any issues very quickly. Would definitely recommend them.

Pros

Cons

Some prices are high if you compare it with other company's

Todd from CAEP

Excellent Framework!

Pros

Very easy to get setup and manage, and top notch quality!

Cons

Easy creation of the self-branded social network with this tool

Establishment of self-branded social network

Pros

SocialEngine provides features to establish own branded social network that we can customize in every way. There are a number of plugins by using them we can build a stylish network and share it. Easy installation and integration with the server as it doesn't need extra items.

Cons

It's okay, but there are better depending on what you're looking for.

Pros

SocialEngine is easy to install, and easy to customize. Most webhosts should be able to host it fairly easily with a basic package, it doesn't require a lot of special server items. It has many 3rd party plugins to customize your site with, and the customer service is reliable and quick.

Cons

Every website is going to the larger 'mobile' look, so that takes away some of the uniqueness. It's very expensive, so cost-prohibitive. Basic social network items don't seem to come with the cheapest package. Most things are plugins. If you are coming from another social network, it's hard to adjust to SocialEngine's format and it's clunky to use. Overall, not the most impressive, but serviceable if you just want a custom social network.

Brent from After the Blacktop Ends

January 2016

Do you want the best then Socialengine is for you.

I own a socialengine website (www.aftertheblacktopends.com) now going on 3 years I have never has any issues that I could not fix myself until recently I moved my website to a new server. I thought I had it under control until it did not work out for me. I opened a Support Ticket and asked for help this is when I found out that Socialengine is the best out there. After some back and forth giving all the information the support staff at socialengine needed, off they went the support staff worked hard on my issue and not once did I get, we cannot fix this issue because it is not our problem. This I have heard from other companies in the past (this is not my first social community software I have used). After a few days, I our website was back up and running faster and smother than ever. If you are looking for a Social community platform Socialengine easily rules the social community platform industry. I have tried others and have not been more impressed than I have been recently with Socialengine It is every bit worth the money as far as I am concerned. Take my past disappointments and advices just go with Socialengine you will not be disappointed

Daler from Entertainment

Daler's review: Best company

The best company I have been working with. You have great experience in making social communities. Thank you

Pros

Service and plugins, timely support.

Cons

nothing. Everything is perfect!

Kevin from xaasbinary

Industry: Online Media

Awesome Software

Pros

Its great. Its simple its functional and its modern

Cons

i cant say anything negative at this time as i haven't experienced anything bad.

Patrick from Party CTRL

Social Engine + SocialEngineAddOns = TOPTEAM

This software has to make sure that my customer base is prepared and that my community Nr1. Gets into his niche.

Pros

Some plugins are quite complex to figuur out how everything works but by the good support you have always the feeling that you get there. SEAO really knows what they are doing. There is a top team behind SEAO

David from Stylr

A perfect match SE and SEAddons

The software Social Engine is well build and works without a hassle . The code is written well and modular so that a big community of developers who are building plugins and mods for the platform are available. One can easily set up a new community with a bunch of functions. We are working with the self-hosted version and one needs to invest some time to make the software work fastly but it is worth the effort. On our side is the awesome team of SEaddons which is one of the developer teams I mentioned. The have outstanding plugins and themes which we have used since the beginning. Their support is top notch and we have built a long lasting partnership with them. They always have an open ear for our concerns and take our suggestions seriously. In summary: Pros: well build, nice code, modular architecture through zend framework, big developer community, Cons: self-hosted version needs some fine tuning and a powerful server to run on We would always suggest to go woth the plugins of SEaddons if you are planing to build something more than the next standard social community.

David from Classic Car & Motorcycle

Excellent Service From Social Engine

I was looking for a 'social network' package to set up my website; after a quick search of the internet I found 'Social Engine'. I took out their 30 day free trial and was so impressed that I purchased the licence at the end of the trial period. I have little to no software programming experience but I found the 'Social Engine' user interface simple to use and well documented. When I have had issues their customer support service always helped to resolve the problems quickly and efficiently. Customer support is free for the first 30 days and then a nominal fee (currently $50) for addition 30 days cover, paid as and when needed. There are free packages out there but if you want to start up a 'serious' website, you need good support and not be fumbling around on forums to find out answers to problems and this is where 'Social Engine' is second to none.

Justin from JWW, Inc.

Extremely Satisfied Customer Since 2014

Prior to the summer of 2014, we had researched several companies that provided social networking services. However, Socialengine was the only company that had the ability to provide the entire source code to us as well as many additional Addons and Plugins. After further review we decided to purchase their SE PHP Advanced Plan and it was a great choice. SocialEngine has been there for us every step of the way and they have several methods available when it comes time to do updates and/or upgrades! They are fast, reliable, professional and extremely easy to work with! It's also easy to find 3rd Party entities that build additional Plugins, Addons, Themes or even provide customization. We can't wait to share with the world what we are creating, but it wouldn't have been possible without the platform we purchased from Socialengine! Thanks Socialengine!

February 2015

Ivory from FireBlazing

February 2015

Experience with SocialEngine

I have been working with SocialEngines with my project for about seven months now and I have watch my simple idea transform into a possible profitable business. I would like to thank the team for all of the hard work and effect, which was put towards my project. The staff not only assisted with the development of my website but they also provided my company with applications for both android and iOS devices. I would highly recommend this organization with anyone in that is looking for an image change or updating, outdated software at a reasonable prices, expedient timing, and quality customer service. I rate this company a 5 of 5 overall experience.

Response from Webligo

Replied February 2015

Ivory, awesome to hear your building your business with SocialEngine and thanks for the positive review.

Charles from Versified.com

December 2015

Program Good? But Great on Greed!

I bought Pro for $700.00 + some add-on's (when I bought this at the time I remembered they had different packages you can choose from + 2 each templates which I payed for ?!) = $1,000, plus some add-on's from SEaddons.com. Free tech support for one month? It did add up fast. What I am mad about is GREED! Now they want for support is $300.00 (30 days), PRO $500.00 (30 days) & Advance $700.00 for (60 days). Just for your amusement it would cost you $6,000 dollars for one year for support for Pro only! as I read it. So they get you coming and going just to learn it to. The only FREE VIDEOS is about how to install it. You GREEDY PEOPLE, BE VERY AWARE! of these folks, But I have to stay with them now because I have to much money involved.

Frederic from Orbbeatz, LLC

December 2015

SocialEngine PHP + SocialEngineAddons = THE ONLY WAY!

If you buy SocialEngine PHP script by itself, you will soon realize that your creativity will be restricted and muffled. But do not worry! SocialEngineAddons has all the plugins, widgets and themes that will complement your site and actually bring it to life. Between superior quality of their products and also one of the best Tech Support available up to date for this platform, SocialEngineAddons is the perfect combination, if not mandatory, with your SocialEngine PHP script. So don't wait any longer and make yourself a favor, buy your SocialEngine PHP script + SocialEngineAddons plugins and themes today. You will not regret it, I promise you! Thank you SocialEngineAddons for taking my site to the next level! F.D

May 2015

Lawrence from mumsdadsfriends.com

May 2015

Fantastic stable platform; very easy to use; brilliant support.

Pros- As a complete beginner, the biggest pro for me is how easy the admin side is; this really is social networking for dummies. The control panel is very well laid out and incredibly easy to follow. I can't emphasise enough how brilliant the support from Socialengine is. They answer tickets very quickly and will do everything in their power to resolve any issues in super quick time.( They even helped me resolve some issues I had with a third party plugin provider)If anyone out there wants to create an online community but is concerned about their lack of tech. knowledge; don't be; this is the platform for you. Cons- NONE

Response from Webligo

Replied May 2015

Thanks for the great review. We're happy we were able to respond quickly and create a positive interaction.

Mahmud from Elite for Energy

Industry: Renewables & Environment

your community is always with you

Pros

good web solution for closed communities similar to our everyday networks.

Cons

some kind of slow, but anyway it is great

August 2015

Maurits from K9 Working Dogs

August 2015

Socialengine PHP 4 and SocialEngineAddons

I went through a few social networking scripts and installed SE PHP. It works brilliant, no faults! The default is excellent, does what it says and is very user friendly. I have a few 3rd party plugins installed from SocialEnginAddons. I have been testing the software for 3 months now, no faults! The site is now live, we are getting the first few customers in. This is when you find some "faults" if you can call it that, which are slight adjustments within the software we want. Explained to the their helpdesk. Their team has a real fast response and the right solution there and then. Overall: I am very happy with the software, helpdesk and their services. 10 out of 10 for that! Guys...Keep up to good work !!

Daniel from TheoryGodmother

November 2015

SocialEngine support hosts make it easy for "newbies" like me!

I had initially gone with another company, but after 1 week I demanded a refund because of poor customer service and tech support. Then I found SocialEngine and I have never had any delays in response, and always the most thorough, and easy to understand explanations and instructions. Anshu and Shivani are the two main support hosts I have been working with, and they have been very patient with me and my millions of "newbie" questions. smile emoticon I would highly recommend SocialEngine, and in fact I have just purchased another month of tech support to assist me in getting this site launched by Christmas. Thank you guys for all your help. Keep up the good work!

Hisham from EIC - Engineers International Community

One of a kind experience

Pros

I like their simplicity in creating social networks software, they bring all what you need to the platform.

Cons

It has a lot of features as it sometimes forms a headache to map them out when an issue occur. Prices are a little over, it should be less.

Simon from 1friend

September 2015

Very happy with SE PHP and SocialEngineAddons plugins and support.

I have recently purchased SocialEngine PHP and SocialEngineAddOns Plugins Package which includes the free 1 year subscription of 'Plus Plan.' I am very happy with the SE PHP, SEAO plugins and the support I have received from their 'Plus Plan' thus far. My request for help has been been answered fairly quickly and successfully. I hope my relationship with SEAO will be a long-term and mutually successful for both of us. Thank you Natasha and Sandeep, the two individuals who have assisted me so far. Keep up the excellent work and I am hopeful there will be more plugins that I can use.

Shahed from Uniorders

value for money

Pros

I like their platform, I worked on a website uses their platform, it was full of features that a social network need.

Cons

It has a lot of features as it sometimes caused issues to me to memorize them and know what they do.

Niklas from Customersonly Labs

February 2016

Great platform to start a social network with

We're using SocialEngine to create a social network where we need to quickly evaluate different aspects, functions and business models. For this purpose, we find that SE fits the bill really well when compared to alternatives such as BuddyPress, PHPFox and other similar solutions. Pros: Relatively cheap, we own the customizations, mature and lively 3rd party suppliers with modules and themes. Cons: Developer documentation poor considering this is a development platform as well as a solution.

Fred from MyBigCircle

SE Team Very Responsive

Our team is glad that we selected SE as a platform for our site. Working with Shivani (SE Product Manager) and associates have been great. They exhibit high level of professionalism and active listening - positively responsive in addressing our needs. Though my team still have a lot to learn; we are confident that the SE folks will always be there to assist us. We look forward to a long-term Win-Win business engagement. Fred C. Principal

Abdulrahman from Engineers International Community - EIC

wonderful solution for communities

Pros

it has a great value as a standalone platform regardless what other social networks have.

Cons

it has too many features, which it makes it very wide and open platform.

April 2016

Ali from SocialEngine

April 2016

Dayne from Edwards Global Group LLC

The best Social Network Software

I am just amazed at how easy and awesome SE is . I've used other platform before making the jump and let me tell you! It was the best decision I made. It is so easy to use, the admin section is so easy to navigate. They have plethora of developers with great products. Thank you SE for making this journey a lot more easier.

USeong from Korkey

October 2015

They are quick and perfect

SE always help me, even although I am not good in English, they always try to understand and help me, they solved my all problems, I really don't regret to buy my SE PHP, I am also thinking of buy new product of them, if they lunch, thanks a lot again, many lucks will be with your SE team.

Ferry from a Party and Event Promotion Company

SocialEngineAddOns + Social Egine

Hi All, Using social engine in combination with SocialEngineAddOns is the best! I have purchased only SocialEngineAddOns products because they always listen, and always find a way to make things work for you. I hope they will continue expanding a long time! Greetings, Ferry

Michael from Devon & Cornwall Rail Partnership

September 2015

I began with a free trial to check that the platform was what I wanted. It certainly was.

It's extremely impressive how quickly you can get an online community up and running with SocialEngine. I've used Ning in the past, and so far SocialEngine is winning hands down. Looking to the future, the fact that is customisable is a major plus too.

Pingy from EyeDoors

Excellent Service

Thanks for the support from Social Engine to help build EyeDoors dot com. Couldn't have done it without SE. The reply is usually quick and valuable. Wish SE a successful startup and help more people to build their own website. :)

Marcos from Tumedi

Very happy

Hardworking, solve any problem, very happy, keep them in future! My network was great!And I want to sell! info@dimiweb.com interested in Spanish or English Red is www.tumedi.com

September 2009

Ram from Jungdu

September 2009

Excellent Social Media Engine

After evaluating lot of engines, i found this good and meets my need

Pros

Excellent and easy to use and deploy engine... with little technical knowledge one can customize it easily

Cons

Can offer multiple ready to use templates!!! require Smarty knowledge

Milton Francis from Milton Meira Designweb Estúdio

September 2015

Social Engine 4 and SocialEngineAddOns, perfect!

Understanding what is a software community has made me a vibrant professional hoping that success does not depend on a single person but of an entire community, I am very happy with both.

Jeremy from Aperoz

Great support

I've bought Social Engine, there are some issues and details which could be better. But the support is very helpful and my websites are working good now.

Nasim from www.jobind.com

Recommended

Very nice and amazing service, would recommend to everybody. The customer satisfaction is very high and the team are extremely collaborative. Thanks a lot

Chris from Evoke Communications

Excellent Social Networking Platform

Robust Customisable Platform Wealth of Additional Themes and Third-Party Add-Ons Available Constant Updates and Swift Resolution of Identified Bugs

Evalds from Volunteering

January 2016

Great company, great products and great service

Special thanks to the support staff for their patience in dealing with customers.

Marco from Zonalia

Good!

Pros: Customer service Cons. A greater diversity of languages is needed

July 2010

Rick from Mega Corp

July 2010

Not bad but something I wouldn't recommend

I would give it a 50 on a 100% scale.

Pros

Limited to stability when it comes to supporting 10,000 or more members, takes up a great amount of database bandwidth effecting the performance.

Cons

You are actually limited to the amount of plug-ins...if it involves other third party plug-ins, then when it comes to compatibility there are so many issues to deal with.