SocialEngine PHP Software Reviews

FrontRunners 2020

• icon"It has many 3rd party plugins to customize your site with, and the customer service is reliable and quick."
  • icon"They make a great team and are suite of products that gel perfectly."
  • icon"Their SUPPORT is superior and plugin prices are VERY competitive, but ALWAYS compatible with 3rd party plugins."
  • icon"Some time i have problem with update to new version."

All SocialEngine PHP Reviews

Juan A.

Social Engine + SocialEngineSolutions = Excellency, The best Platform and the Best Plugins!

I have my Own social media site that I can manage at my will.

Pros

I purchase SE License on 2011 Because they really have the best social media Platform on the market, it is very competitive and very easy to customize using the different 3 party developers, I have tried a variety of diferente developers over the years, But since I found out of SocialEngineSolutions and I started working with them, (on my site for the last 3 years) I has made my job so much easier and made my site look so much better using their different plugins, they have very unique and modern way to their different plugins event tough there are already some of the same plugins develop already by different company's I believe they have the best looking and functional plugins, Plus their support team is the best, they always reply super fast and help to solve all of my problems. I highly recommend them for any job.

Cons

No cons so far, why do I need to have any cons... I don't know what to write here I'm just filling up space so that I can post my positive review ;)

Pius

May 2022

SocialEngine PHP

SocialEngine is really awesome because you have access to the source code. Knowing how it's built allows you to add features of your own that make sense to you and your ideal users. I run a small community of dog lovers on SocialEngine Managed and it's amazing. They run regular updates to mitigate the bugs and keep improving the features for a better end-user experience.

Pros

You can really customize your Social Network with Plugins and take it to a whole new level. For example with Shop Plugin from the store, I was able to add social commerce and allowed a specific group of members to open stores and sell, just like in the Facebook marketplace and Instagram shops now. There are a lot of their party plugins in the marketplace to help anyone customize their social network to fit the niche they are building for.

Cons

SocailEngine requires a level of expertise to manage, and for me at the beginning as a NoCode builder, it was s challenge. You need to know what you are doing as you have access to the source code and you can mess up at any time when making changes. Now if you are a developer, this is not a problem, but for NoCode bulders like me out there, this will be a challenge you will face as well.

Reasons for choosing SocialEngine PHP

SocialEngine was cheaper and had the particular plugin I needed to get started with my community idea.

Customer support was absolutely terrible

I suggest the good folks at SE take customer support education class and lean some fundamentals of what good support looks like. Then, re-build your company around that! Software is just software, it's the people who support it that matters. The worst of it: slow response times, no updates on status, not giving any proactive info about new releases, or migration to new platform.

Pros

I built an ideation platform using SocialEngine for a university and was the admin for 3+ years. While the software has many good features, the customer support was one of the worst experiences I've had as a professional web developer.

Cons

Working on a new project now and SocialEngine came up again, but this time I advised my clients to steer away from using it.

greg

June 2016

Great CMS and Plugins make it even better

SE deserves 5-stars for everything, but it's the 3rd-Party Plugins that give it the 5-star for Features & Functionality. I spent over a year searching, researching, demoing, etc. many many CMS / Community Mgmt/Engagement apps. Although there were a few that were basically tied (for various reasons), it is the wealth of 3rd-Party Plugins that makes SE stand above the rest. Almost anything you can imagine can be done through existing Plugins (and if not, modifications can easily be made by some excellent devs). There were many Plugins that I have found useful by devs such as SocialEngineExperts, SocialEngineSolutions, Radcodes, Webhive, Hire-Experts, what really sold me on providing the bulk of the functionality I required was SocialEngineAddons. SocialEngineAddons offers many many Plugins that make SE actually useful for anything other than a very small community. Don't get me wrong, SE does a find job with what it offers, but SEAO is actually the primary reason I went with SE. Support has been excellent by SE, all of the devs I've worked with, as well as especially SEAO. They always go the extra mile, and start working on tickets immediately. And, like any software, there are times when things are a little more difficult to resolve than other times - and that's where they really shine. They are there and keep working on things until you are satisfied. So, if you're looking for a good CMS, SE will serve you well. If you're looking for a great CMS, SE is a great engine/back-end that other excellent devs build upon to make it more than you could ever hope for.

Pros

Sheesh - where do I start. I guess I'll just keep it simple - SE is a great CMS to start with, and if/when you need to build something there's a wealth of features/functionality in the Plugins that are offered by 3rd-Party devs.

Cons

That it's not yet compatible with PHP7, but they are working on it.

Barry

SEAO is what makes Social Engine a GREAT choice!

Pros

Social Engine is about average when it comes to Social Media Platforms with lots of potential. Then came along SEAO [Social Engine Add Ons] to the "RESCUE"!!! If you are looking to taking your Social Media Platform to the "NEXT LEVEL" you MUST use SEAO Plugins to stand out in a crowd. Their Advanced plugins are a "MUST" for your Social Media Platform. I have added all of them to my website and it's like WOW! SEAO is always developing NEW plugins to help your Social Engine Platform stay competitive with the "BIG BOYS" out there. Their SUPPORT is superior and plugin prices are VERY competitive, but ALWAYS compatible with 3rd party plugins. If you already have or are interested in having your own Social Engine Platform, do yourself a "TREMENDOUS" favor and make SEAO your 1st option when purchasing additional plugins... You will NOT regret it!!!

Cons

I have NO cons for SEAO, but Social Engine could offer more benefits for the price!

Richard

Social Engine + SocialEngineAddOns - Score 10/10

Pros

These ease of use and overall support getting the fragdna project off the ground. I would recommend this software to anyone thinking of using it for their project. I use the SocialEngineAddons plugins which I think are the best and most user friendly out there, these guys are real pro's and support is quick, no waiting around also seem to be a friend bunch willing to put in that extra effort. 10/10

Cons

Sometimes when updating plugins I have to re-tweek my custom code, with regular backups it's only a few minutes to fix things. Apart from that very minor issue I have no complaints about SE software or support

Texter

SocialEngine+SocialEngineAddons - A Terrific Harmony of great plugins with a great platform

Could build a robust complex Social networking platform within a decent time frame.

Pros

Social Engine is a very stable platform with a gamut of features to create your own eco system of social users. SocialEngineAddons are the icing and embellishments on the cake. They make a great team and are suite of products that gel perfectly.

Cons

Could use more robust features for business and enterprise companies. A few features like refunds etc in billing could be made in real time and more thoroughly integrated with many more payment gateways.

Adan

The best by far

It has been a great experience working with Socialengine software. It is very easy to edit and manage and best of all is the third party developers such as socialnetworking.solutions which offer great plugins and their support is always a text away

Pros

Easy to manage and customise and they are always on top with updates

Cons

No cons for me,it has been nothing but great from day one

Reasons for choosing SocialEngine PHP

Flexibility and third party variety

THU MUA

Industry: Luxury Goods & Jewelry

Wonderfull selection !

I bought many Plugins from SEAO and felt great. Outstanding features and many of the features developed by SEAO are excellent. Whenever I need support, I get the quick service and perfect resolution of everything that I need, thanks to SEAO for all

Pros

Outstanding features and many of the features developed by SEAO are excellent

Cons

Some time i have problem with update to new version

Easy creation of the self-branded social network with this tool

Establishment of self-branded social network

Pros

SocialEngine provides features to establish own branded social network that we can customize in every way. There are a number of plugins by using them we can build a stylish network and share it. Easy installation and integration with the server as it doesn't need extra items.

Cons

Sometimes the compatibility of plugins is an issue as these are developed by third-party software companies.

Ferry

Industry: Investment Management

Outstanding Plugins and Support

The Social Engine Add-ons team is a pleasure to work with. We've purchased and use almost every plugin they've developed and it's really improved our site and added a lot of functionality. Their support is friendly and always helpful, and they've always helped us resolve any issues very quickly. Would definitely recommend them.

Pros

All the plugins I have downloaded from SocialEngineAddOns are brilliant, the plugins are very customizable and I really recommend that to all my friends.

Cons

Some prices are high if you compare it with other company's

Fernando

Great Plugins and Services

SocialEngine AddOns staff are very fast to solve any problems and difficulties we face during the constant development of our online platform.

Pros

I like very much their software stability and functionality.

Cons

I would like to have the capabilities to customized the software.

Reasons for choosing SocialEngine PHP

Customer Service and knowledge.

Alex

A great product with a great team.

I have had such an amazing experience with this software and the team. They have manifested the dream I had of making a social network for geeks.

Pros

The software is robust with full custimation and flexible recourses.

Cons

Not much not to like other than no weekend customer support but other than that the team is amazing.

Reasons for choosing SocialEngine PHP

Its superior in every way.

Reasons for switching to SocialEngine PHP

Better company and better service and better products.

Todd

Excellent Framework!

Pros

Very easy to get setup and manage, and top notch quality!

Cons

We were early adopters of this software, so in the beginning there were a few things we would have like to change and add. But currently there are no complaints.

Louie Engelbrecht

Created something spectacular

Very good stoft ware very easy to grown social out reach and engagement

Pros

The user ability requires no tech back ground or knowledge. Ease y access to code.

Cons

Features for the non paid subscriptions, would love for more features.

Reasons for choosing SocialEngine PHP

The easy way of using it SA nontechnical person