• Pros

• "Easy to adopt with many prebuilt workflows that are entirely fit for purpose. "

• "I have used a lot of systems for ITSM over my career, and ServiceNow is the only one that has never made me want to pull out my hair. It's fast, reliable, and easy to use."

• "This tool is very flexible and allows even Business Users to configure processes and worfkflows."

• Cons

• "It could use more help screens or information tabs when requesting help tickets. We do get feedback that some of the prompts could be more explanatory. "

• "Sometimes tasks can have subtasks that are nested so deeply that they can be missed on first glance. I wish the software had a simpler nesting system. "

• "Easy of use and UI are not the greatest. I think the company needs to invest in this area. While it is understandable on how it needs to be used after some training it is not straight forward."

Browse ServiceNow Reviews

Brandon from Printpack

I used ServiceNow in a Desktop Support Role

I used ServiceNow daily, almost hourly to be honest, as a Level 2 Desktop Support Agent. It replaced vFire which was getting slow and agonizing to work with. Tickets would come in and we would perform the work and move the ticket along and/or close it altogether depending on the job. I liked using it and felt it was very robust and powerful while still being nimble and problem free.

Pros

ServiceNow is fast and issue free so long as it's setup correctly. The interface is simple and easy to understand. The learning curve, unlike older software, is practically nonexistent.

Reasons for Switching to ServiceNow

The decision was made by upper management. I had nothing to do with it. If it was up to me we would have switched sooner as vFire feels ancient and slow compared to ServiceNow.

Best Ticketing Tool!!

On a daily basis, we had to pull a lot of reports and create graphs for the same. With Service-Now, it's very easy. We have saved all the filters and created a dashboard on Service Now. Now, we have shared the link to the dashboard to the client and all our work is taken care by the tool. Relative time period is one top-notch filter, which has drastically reduced the time we were spending on creating the reports. It would take close to 4hrs to pull them and draft it for the client. Now, Service Now is doing the job and that 4hrs are saved for us.

Pros

The best thing about Service Now is the way we can handle all data and reports directly on the tool. It is really well designed in getting approvals and assigning tickets. We can also set the ticket assignment groups based on certain rules or configuration items, that really saves us a lot of time. It is user - friendly too. Very easy to navigate and also has some built in buttons that are really useful.

Cons

Not a major flaw, but if it can create aging tickets report in the form of a pivot table, then there is nothing to beat this tool. We really don't need to rely on excel if we can integrate some into the reporting feature on service now.

Reasons for Choosing ServiceNow

Service-Now had a lot more features and most importantly it was very user friendly. Also, Service-Now was rated as the best in the industry.

Reasons for Switching to ServiceNow

The previous tool was not user-friendly. It was really difficult to make reports. It had a very poor design as well.

Adam from Youth Villages, Inc.

ServiceNow helped save us!

They have been great in helping us get going as quickly as possible and they offer some things we might also use in the future that will really help continue meeting goals.

Pros

I love that this software was customizable and rolled out in a way that helps us sort, apply, escalate and input so many new incidents in easy and understandable fashion. There are so many data points for it to collect some valuable behind the scenes data as well.

Cons

It seems that implementing some of the things you'd want in it will take a lot of time to customize options, and add features that tie in to other services your organization might use.

Reasons for Switching to ServiceNow

Complicated setup and functionality of EasyVista was awful.

ServiceNow

Pros

The software captures so many data points, therefore analytics and reporting present valuable information.

Cons

There are so many product areas that is can be hard to navigate, especially for areas that are not frequented often.

Earlie from Havertys

More than a Ticketing System

I enjoyed Service Now and believe it's the best ticketing system tool out there.

Pros

Loved Service Now! This made managing our help desk easy and our tech were able to work efficiently and effectively. The interface is VERY easy to read and user friendly. The application has so many different functionalities like: Knowledge base, Equipment tracking, RMA, chat, etc. I even enjoyed the Mobile App!

Cons

I wish there were different/more theme colors you could customize/choose from. Also the mobile app was complicated setting up.

Reasons for Choosing ServiceNow

Service-Now's interface was easy to read even to our end users.

Phased out Lotus Notes to go SaaS

Not the prettiest, but very useful

People are mixed about service now, but I really love it. I couldn't do my job without it. It helps me track my work through the different stages that we've configured, and is a effective and efficient tool for project management.

Pros

I like service now because it's very minimal and direct, and time wasn't wasted on designing a pretty interface. we use it for ticket management, both for sending out tickets to other teams, and then also tracking our workflow. I find it incredibly helpful to be able to track all stages of my work, and don't think I could do my job without it.

Cons

It's a little clunky. It's not as intuitive as other options. But I feel as though the functionality, if you have a team dedicated to setting it up for your needs, is incredibly useful and will greatly help in the long run.

Vinayak from HCL

Best IT service management software

Pros

The most advanced and easy to use software for all Service management needs.

Cons

The cost is going high and becoming heavy software which might be a differentiator for the future

Satish from Tata Consultancy Services

one stop shop for all type of tickets

Excellent

Pros

one stop shop for all type of tickets, easy to use, fast to search

Cons

Performance need to be tuned a little more

Anthony from Teck Resources

Industry: Mining & Metals

Great tool to track down incidents

Overall, I really enjoy using ServiceNow. Once you understand the processes and how things work, it becomes very easy and extremely handy in order to keep your work organized and on track. I would recommend this service tool to any IT company.

Pros

We use ServiceNow to handle all our IT requests for different departments. This is one of our main tools to handle and schedule change requests, tackle incidents, tasks and any other problems we run into.

Cons

Learning how to do proper filtering can be a bit of a learning curve and could use some improvements to be a little more user friendly.

J from DEVOTEAM

Ewan from Slalom Consulting

Top Dog among Service Management Suites

An extremely robust platform with customization galore and full features comes at a cost but with very little holding it back. ServiceNow can really help on any ITIL initiatives and centralization of services. The unique focus of ServiceNow beyond just IT, is where its strengths lie. Most Service Management suites do ITIL for IT. ServiceNow takes the lessons learned from ITIL and extends them to the rest of the org (especially but not limited to Facilities and HR). Really built for Mid to Large Businesses.

Pros

ITIL based Service Portal (Self Service Portal for quick searches spanning instance or specific areas) Knowledge Base (despite that not being checked in the available features) Full Service Management solution for the ENTIRE organization Strong Workflow engine Visible Table structures for clean data flows Extremely customizable (Forms, Fields, Tables, Applications, Portal, Workflow, Knowledge Base, etc...) Best in the business system architecture (fully redundant instances) HI Administration portal and ServiceNow support are top notch Service Now community is extremely active Docs site (formerly wiki) well updated and complete. Great organization and User groups You get a cake upon launch! Extensive Integration capabilities

Cons

Cost Some out-of-box examples really don't match up to any organizations needs and leave you wanting more Email rules are more complex than they need to be (some of this can be mitigated by free add-ons like Postmaster) Configuration can sometimes be limited and requires some Javascript to get past basics Mid Servers for integrations can be more work to maintain than desired

ServiceNow is better than Remedy and HPSM

Pros

I have been avid ITIL practitioner and have been using various products in various companies of my job experience. ServiceNow supports ITIL processes completely and most efficiently where there are minor drawbacks. The level of compromise required to enable processes efficiently is less as compared to Remedy and HPSM. Service Now has harnessed the power of virtual assistants which is yet being explored by other companies. The ease of set-up and manageability makes configuration of ServiceNow a cake-walk.

Cons

If you are new to service management processes, the plethora of services will leave you confused. Configure one process and explore them in and out before moving into another process. Capacity Management is still a missing factor in ServiceNow though demand management can be somehow captured through projects. integration with risk management could have been made simpler to show the mapping of technical risks to business risks.

Mikje from IBSA

I hate ticketing software...but not this one.

Closing tickets, overall, is faster than with all previous systems we used.

Pros

Its easy to use, highly customizable on the end user end, and stable. I like that I can make my dashboard look how I want it, and use the format that makes the most sense to me. The admin on the back end has set up some great workflows that allow a single request to be used to do multiple things. Imagine a single ticket to onboard a user, that requests their cubicle from Facilities, thear computer from IT, and their phone from Telecom!

Cons

Configuration items. The way our implementation is configured, you need a valid CI to close the ticket. If an item is not in your CMDB, you have to get an admin to add the CI so you can close a ticket. KEEP IN MIND, this is just our implementation and config, and they are working on a solution to allow end users to apply a new CI, this is just OUR temporary growing pain.

Very flexible ITSM Tool

Pros

Cons

The license is rather difficult to understand and must be re-considered over time.

Vincent from Shell

Really helped our team manage requests and tickets

Great. Definitely recommend this for large businesses with multiple different departments and employees where you need to have a reasonably large IT department to hep process application requests, troubleshooting and equipment requests and more!

Pros

The ease in which it kept track and managed IT ticket requests. You could easily see the queue and also do tons of data analytics from response times, to ticket requests per month per department, and how often tickets had to be escalated. The cloud-based platform really helps your reomte workers have access to a live database that was updated and always "correct." This was also extremely affordable for all the different capabilities it added.

Cons

The service technicians aren't always available as spelled out in the service agreement. Luckily we didn't have issues with this often and we were able to resolve issues on our own or could wait it out until it was fixed.

Great ITSM Tool for Service Desk Deployment

I´ts been great. This is our first ticketing tool for our new service desk service, and Service Now has been a great help to shape our service model and metrics.

Pros

The ease of use is the best with Service Now. From the ticket creation up to building KPI reports, you can feel that the Service now was design for a great user experience. Web tickets feature is great, Backlog management, Incident, Problem, and Request management is all there in a very complete and intuitive way. The fact that it offers templates was really helpful since we are deploying a brand new service desk service on our company.

Cons

Since it´s web based there could be some incompatibility and web page display issues on some browser and Operative Systems.

Good ticketing system

Pros

Service now it is a robust platform that can be customized to your company needs and processes. Can be integrated with others systems you use, and workflow are easily definable for approvals

Cons

Joseph R. from The TJX Companies, Inc.

Easy to use and easy to submit tickets

Pros

It's very easy to configure for submitting IT or help desk requests and can be fully customized to whatever your need is. We have a lot of server and folder access requests and this makes it easy to follow.

Kivia from Cinemark

Service-Now is great

Pros

* Can be customized for your business to needs * Easy to use * Can be implemented in pretty much any industry that needs a ticketing system

Cons

* The ability to see who else is updating a ticket the same time as you seem a little weird to me but it also helps with people not wasting time.

ServiceNow Express

Faster time to onboard new customers. Removed need for inhouse database support staff due to full SaaS

Pros

Easy to adopt with many prebuilt workflows that are entirely fit for purpose.

Cons

Fairly expensive on the market, commercial model of product not really negotiable

Powerful

Pros

ServiceNow helps us devise catalog requests, workflows, tasks, incident, change, event and numerous other ITSM related functions. Allows basic customization

Cons

Complex reporting is impossible Development possibilities are limited for customers Documentation needs to be improved

Atique from CSC

Good

Pros

Best provision of technical & detailed features for ITs It provide easy way to raise any ticket with proper details Response time analysis is best in this app

Cons

Raising access to service now takes long time and need very details which are not required or not available to users.

JAMES from Stuart Olson

The best ticket management system there is.

ServiceNow allows customization and automation on an unprecedented scale for 3rd party software. It takes runt work away from technicians so they can focus on projects.

Pros

Cons

The cost of the software can be prohibitive. With free options like SCSM around, ServiceNow could stand to drop some of the costs of subscriptions.

Tim from Avaya

Good software to manage out ticket system

Pros

ServiceNow is very good software to handle our daily Change ticket system. It is easy to use and very well organized.

Cons

Given so many features are available, sometimes it is hard to find what you are looking for. The GUI can be improved.

Efficient software for large corporations

Pros

Anything that you may need - help with a printer to submitting a monthly construction draw - is seamlessly done through service now by submitting a ticket.

Cons

EVERYTHING has to go through service now, even if it's a simple questiokn that can be answered in a minute. Instead you submit a ticket, which goes to your manager for approval, then IT, and it involves a lot of parties even when not necessary.

mohamed from Vodafone

Very good cloud based services

Pros

I used to deal with HPE/MicroFocus tools which are great, however with ServiceNow service you can build entire ITSM services in a very good way and easier and customize it as you need to meet your org need.

Cons

It is not very easy to deal with especially it you are new to ServiceNow UI The trainings are very expensive if you dont have a good deal for it, it will costs a lot.

Matthew from Workday

Brian from BusinessNow

Helps with IT needs

Pros

It is very flexible, can be integrated into any system for your company. When there's an IT help issue, it is very easy to submit a ServiceNow ticket. Can easily attach files or images to the ticket.

Cons

Very limited options to describe what issues you're having. Mostly have to type and write the issues instead of using the selection.

Raj from Self Employed

Powerful Tool for a Call Centre

Easy to use and in the organisation I'm currently working in it has been well developed with end users in mind

Pros

Holds a ton of information which can be self-selected to create your own reports using filters. Different reports can be saved and reused or modified as a base for additional reports. Information can also be extracted to MS Excel for further manipulation

Cons

When you change the filters for a favorite "view", it changes it for all "views". You need to create a report to preserve your filters

Solid Platform for Help Desk Support

Pros

Implemented ServiceNow as a HR help desk solution at my organization, in combination with starting up a new global HR services team. This instantly produced efficiencies in how we address employee questions/issues, allowing our services team to handle tickets as a Tier 1 solution.

Cons

Not seeing any drawbacks from this, primarily because we had nothing (employees would email COEs directly) before this, and we still need to get more familiar with using the platform.

Shoheb from Larsen & Toubro Infotech Ltd

Jonathon from T. Marzetti Company

Industry: Food Production

Great IT Ticket Tracking Tool

Pros

Allows my company's IT team to track service tickets for computer issues, gives the user updated data on where their ticket is at and allows them to ping to see where it's at on the list of things to do

Cons

Interface can sometimes be confusing, a lot of data housed in one place and not easy to navigate to exactly what you're looking for

Nakul from Gogo

ServiceNow helps get things done

It is a really good tool to manage requests and tasks

Pros

Easily incorporated into larger IT portfolio Very extendible

Cons

If not configured correctly, then this may lead to confusion

Michael from Minnesota State Colleges and Universities

A Good Support Portal

Pros

This is a good way to submit tickets and to track cases.

Cons

It can be a matter of making a few extra clicks for requesting something.

June 2016