• Pros

• "It is very easy to use. I like the photos and that you are able to measure and make marks on them. "

• "Portability and ease of use, and customer support is fantastic!"

• "It is easy to use. It works well for what we are doing. And customer service is usually pretty fast about getting bugs fixed. "

• Cons

• "The only flaw I have found is that when you have the program do square footage measurements for you, it is not always accurate. It is close, but it's best to double check the work."

• "The pricing for this seems a bit high. Great for our productivity and everything but better bulk pricing for multiple users would be best."

• "Struggling to find a con; but would be great additions if it included GPS location; ability to create 3D models. Would like the ability to edit drawings on my desktop."

Browse ArcSite Reviews

Michael from Cory's Audio Visual

Very useful for site survey information, I use almost every day!

Accuracy of information going to design engineer has doubled... it's been very helpful to help customers visualize the end product as well.

Pros

It is very simple, and easy to use. Custom objects is immensly helpful. I love the ability to import a photo, calibrate, and then measure distances from there-- I can now grab a quick snap of a building fire-plan or paper construction plans, etc. and do most measurements on the spot without having to individually measure off things. And if I've forgotten to measure something, I can still get that number after I get back to the office. It's also useful on the sales end to help give customer a quick layout of what they are getting or work to be done.

Cons

Mult it out over several people, and it's pricey for each subscription. The ability to do ellipsoids and not just circles would make perspective a little simpler to do. Right now, you have to do a bunch of arcs which is very cumbersome.

Response from Arctuition

Replied August 2018

Hi Michael, Thanks for the review. Glad you are getting value out of the tool. Thanks for the con list too, we always want to know how to do better. Regards, Patrick

Lisa from Peterson Stone Works Inc

Arcsite pros and cons

overall I like this program, the mobility aspect is very needed in my business and it creates a professional look for us to be able to send professional shop drawings to clients, as well as, auto cad compatible drawings for commercial projects and the drawings can be done up in just minutes in some cases

Pros

My favourite thing about this software is that you can use it on your I-pad- a lot of times I am using this software to do up a "shop drawing" right on site or pull up the drawing in the shop so the fact that I can be mobile is very important in my business. The app itself is fairly simple to use for the average person and great to be able to do up a drawing in auto cad so simply.

Cons

I don't like that; if you have a closed shape (square, hexagon, rectangle, etc) and you modify one side- it can change multiple other lines or every line, so you have to be very careful to double check each line after changing one. I also dont like the "angles" portion- it is very difficult to put in a drawing with a rounded ended object- you have to re-draw multiple times to get it right. Also for particular angles- it can be tricky to get 2 identical, opposite angles

Reasons for Choosing ArcSite

I tried out multiple products at the same time and this one was by far my favourite. Some of the other programs were very hard to work and the auto cad version did not open up when sent to our clients (who had proper auto cad computer set up). Most versions were not compatible with I-pad and the archaic way you had to be stuck at a stationary computer didn't work at all for my business so ArcSite was an obvious winner

Lawrence from Kingsway Inspections

Still a good value, but unresolved bugs have us checking alternatives again

I have previously reviewed Arcsite on Capterra, but am removing stars based on our recent experience. At this overall performance level and price point, the app is a good, but no longer compelling value.

Pros

This is an excellent app designed primarily for field diagramming. With it, we are able to create building diagrams quickly for our building inspection reports. In-app draining controls are well thought out to quickly layout and then fine tune as needed, with advanced controls. It exports to pdf, dwg, png and other formats and offers cloud backups too. A perfect marriage between this app and an iPad/pencil. We have used it create hundreds of building diagrams over the last two years. The main app engineer is rolling out new features consistently.

Cons

We use iPad pros Wifi+ cellular on AT&T for diagramming and bugs that have continued unresolved for months have caused us to start re-considering alternatives. For example, swiping between apps causes the drawing to window to zoom out to the point where the diagram is only a pixel on the screen. Sometimes the entire app goes to a blank white screen, then reverts to the projects list, forcing us to re-open the active drawing. Snapping to grid is a basic function, but when reviewing drawings closely, lines that were supposed to have snapped to the grid are actually only next to the grid lines and not accurately placed. We have to zoom in quite far to correct. With more complex drawings, containing over 70 elements or so, the app bogs down significantly and crashes, even though we think it should be able to easily handle more complex drawings than we use it for. The monthly fees are significant at the small business level. As of today, $360/year and $720/year for cross-device sync capability. AutoCAD LT, which is close in capability, costs $390/year and includes both desktop and mobile apps for iOS. Although support was responsive before, our support requests have not been answered the last two times we've asked for help. The answer has been that they are unable to duplicate the issue we see. However, on our end, the bugs persist through iOS updates, app updates, and on multiple devices.

Haydn from Preventive Pest Control

Professional Custom Bids!

ArcSite has given us the ability to create beautiful, quality, custom bids for the work we do on our customers home that is unparalleled. The amount of professionalism detail in our bids has increased our closing rate. We love arcsite!

Pros

ArcSite is very easy to use. We had our inspectors trained on how to use it within one day. The different features and the ease of creating custom, quality, and highly detailed graphs to match our customers home have been amazing.

Cons

All in all we have no real complaints. ArcSite gives us the ability to do just about everything we need to. The only improvement that we would love is to have each project automatically upload to the cloud vs having to send it there yourself, but that is being nitpicky.

Reasons for Choosing ArcSite

Within minutes of testing out ArcSite we new we had found exactly what we needed and more.

Jonathan from Portland Home Energy, LLC

Industry: Environmental Services

Feature expansion

See comments above - the software is excellent overall - it just needs some tweaks. Feel free to contact me if you want to talk about additional feedback. Jonathan - [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN]

Pros

Creating shapes, accuracy, easy to learn, etc..

Cons

Full feature often doesn’t work — if you have one tiny disconnected line in a shape, the color will fill everything around it. Could you make a seal shape button? You should be able to create sub shape folder in your creative shapes. For example: tables, chairs, plants, etc... add more colors or hue adjustments like a color wheel to colors. Add sub category folders to projects — differentiate types of projects. Add Bosch laser measure to Bluetooth and make it seamless — measure 2-3x and allow each to override previous — Bosch has free software for this but the UI the is terrible. Allow custom shape library to be shared for free! No additional cost for up to 3 users. Add 3D option- make it simple

Reasons for Choosing ArcSite

The user interface was cleaner and the software has a bit more customization.

Jason from Rapid Racking Limited

Industry: Warehousing

Quick & Easy to use

Excellent

Pros

Speed of results and ease to get things drawn accurately.

Cons

No much to say for this 99% perfect, slight issue with moving some blocks when they are very small zooming in / out.

Ease of use

Reasons for Switching to ArcSite

The old system kept updating and some useful functions removed.

hardel from eddyhardel

Industry: Architecture & Planning

eddy hardel point of view on Arcsite

it's a good product, very simple for take measures on worksite, perfect for begin layout... or transfer to Cad application... there is a lot advantage directly inside it.

Pros

parametric design in the library, functional and easy to use, good looking interface

Cons

telemeter laser are not simply to use with it.. and polygonal lines are not easy to use, there is a problem when you point to longer on the screen, the line change to a curve.... you have to cancelled it for continue..

Reasons for Switching to ArcSite

as always, autocad doesn't care about user, during my license year, they change the way to draw and taking measures, finally the app was unusable .... I send an email for checking it, the answered me they are changing something on the app and can't say me when I get back with the normal an usable app... unbelievable?? I bought an iPad Pro only for that, and I'm so happy to find your app.

Alexis from Gray Scale Services

Love the App and the Support

We are way more efficient with the use of this app. We are more accurate, faster and efficient with our time.

Pros

We were using a very common app that often times would crash losing our work and when we would call for support, there was no help. It was very frustrating. I began the search for a new app and found ArcSite who was up and coming. Even though it is used for many other professions, I am able to use it for my particular small business. When I called them to inquire, they were very quick to respond, walked me through the best way to use the app, listed to me when I asked for new functions, and even after 2 years, if I have a problem, they are super quick to respond. They do not care that I am a small business, and treat me like I am a very large company. My team is so much happier and work is more efficient with this app, and they have the best customer service!

Cons

Since we are using this app for something that it may not really be intended for, there are some things that I wish we could do on it so that we could finish out our product 100% in ArcSite, but I feel like maybe in the future they will continue to develop it and we may see that opportunity.

Reasons for Switching to ArcSite

The other app would often crash and did not have good customer support.

Bradford from Arrow Design, PLLC

Industry: Architecture & Planning

ArcSite is one of the best iPad drafting packages available

ArcSite has been a wonderful tool for me while performing site visits dealing with renovations and in doing structural evaluations that require a lot of photo documentation. It has become one of my primary note taking tools while in the field and with a few improvements, it has the potential to become the only note taking tool I would need.

Pros

The ability to take a picture, comment on the picture, place it on the drawing at the location, and then generate an indexed photo contact sheet linked to the floor plan drawing sold me on the utility of this for doing structural evaluation reports. This has saved me a lot of time back in the office when compiling reports. The drawing functions are also some of the best implemented of any iPad app I've used and has allowed to actually prepare a usable CAD file in the field.

Cons

The drawing of items itself can be a little finicky, especially when you are just starting out. Sometimes when you adjust a dimension of a wall, it does not behave as expected. You have to pay attention to the dimensions around the wall in question to make sure they don't change in an unexpected way. Also, placing predefined blocks in the drawing can be challenging if you need them to snap to a specific point. It's also a little pricey (equal to an AutoCAD LT subscription), but if you do a lot of field work, it does pay for itself.

Reasons for Choosing ArcSite

There really wasn't a good alternative to ArcSite. I had evaluated many drafting programs for iPad over the years and in my opinion, nothing came close to matching ArcSite in features or ease of use.

Reasons for Switching to ArcSite

The Magic Plan interface was not as easy to use. Additionally, their pricing model changed with no warning, locking me out of projects that I had completed unless I upgraded my plan.

Markus from Amertrack

User experience of arcsite

Good experience for changing to paperless and can file all draft drawing in computer for easy review.

Pros

I like most is to take photos as annotation in the drawing so that I can easily relate the photos to the photo location.

Cons

1) Not all photos in arcsite can be found in ipad Photo app. 2) No slide bar for scale up and scale up the drawing. I wear gloves so that I need to remove the glove when I need to change the drawing scale.

Mark from Design your awning

Industry: Mining & Metals

Intuitive drawing software

Extremely satisfied customer. Accurate and timely drawings to clients allow me to do more with my time. Platform makes it easy to create and deliver quality, professional drawings to clients and share with co-workers.

Pros

Intuitive drawing software. Arcsite allows me to create custom drawings to scale for our clients. The drawings help customers gain comfort in how the product will look and perform. I can easily make adjustments/ updates to the drawings. I was able to upload our proposal forms to Arcsite and add the drawings to forms. It gets easier over time to use. I am able to create and store shapes that can be used again and again on different drawings. I can copy similar drawings and make quick adjustments. Being able to store drawings over time and reference them as needed is a huge feature for me. Also, sharing drawings could not be easier -- you can export in different formats with one click. We share drawings internally, clear detail has helped with company communication. Support was very timely, particularly in the beginning to ensure I got off to a good start. The rep got back to me quickly with answers to questions and also provided suggestions to improve efficiency on Arcsite. Updates are made that improve my ability to deliver professional and accurate drawings to the client. Extremely satisfied customer, I use Arcsite everyday.

Cons

Perhaps in the beginning I might have had something to note here -- but I honestly don't have any cons. Patience and spending time on Arcsite makes the next visit a little easier.

Reasons for Choosing ArcSite

Ease of use, customer support.

Response from Arctuition

Replied August 2019

Hi Mark, Thanks for the nice review. We have some great new stuff coming. I will reach out. Patrick

David from Real Estate

CAD for non-CAD users

Pros

Extremely precise but also extremely easy to use. Quick sketches to convey a concept or verify a solution are a breeze to create. I love that this tool isn't burdened by all the baggage inherent in pro-quality CAD tools. This tool opened up an opportunity for exploring solutions to problems I'd encounter as a project manager for residential construction projects. I was able to develop more fully a previously untapped vein of creativity that I probably wouldn't have discovered or utilized otherwise.

Cons

Two issues: Integration & 3D I really wish it could integrate more tightly with other tools. The developers seem to believe the tool is positioned in the context of managing a collection of construction drawings - along the lines of products like PlanGrid. Maybe it meets that need for some users, but it doesn't begin to meet the requirements of that category in my opinion. I use PlanGrid everyday and would LOVE for Arcsite to be able to layer on top of the PlanGrid document library -- justlike RFIs or Photos, or Issues. If they could bring the same level of simplicity and precision to drawing in 3D, bridging between 2D and 3D. I've started using Shapr3D for iPad which is a brilliant app for drawing in 3D. But like most CAD tools, it assumes the user is already well-versed in the underlying techniques & concepts. (not to mention it's more geared for drawing things that will be fabricated or 3D printed). I long for a 3D solution that is as easy as ArcSite but as powerful as Shapr3D.

John from Security and Investigations

Industry: Security and Investigations

Leagues ahead of anything else I used

Going into customer meetings for new fire and security systems with no drawings has always been a challenge. Using pen and paper was our only option. Trying other "drawing apps", I found them to be very limited in what they offered. However, with Arcsite, this blew the competition out of the water in terms of shear versatility and functionality. I was able to create drawings either from importing PDFs, taking a photo, or even drawing them myself. The integration and support offered by Arcsite really enabled us to integrate our own fire and security device symbols into the app to allow me to effectively mark up drawings with devices whilst walking site, thus saving lots of time. The addition of allowing embedded photos into the drawings is a massive help, as it really allows for additional information to be captured which often is too difficult to just put into words.

Pros

I love how versatile the software is on my ipad in that i can import drawings, take a photo to use as a drawing, or even draw out a building layout from scratch. It really has I believe set us apart from competition and has wowed customers

Cons

How when file sizes get larger than around 500kb, the app beings to struggle and becomes sluggish

Response from Arctuition

Replied August 2019

Hi John, Thanks for the review. I will reach out to you to make sure you are aware of a few things to make the tool more performant. Thanks, Patrick

Josh from Pinnacle Power Services

I have been using Arcsite for about 3 years to manage all our drawings.

Ease of use. Multiple users can edit at the same time.

Pros

The ability for multiple people to share and merge drawings. We can have three or four people at a time on one drawing changing things and when you upload they merge seemlessly. Occasionally they will fail to merge but that occurs very rarely. It takes about 5 minutes with the app to be able to functional use it. I do admit I don't know all the features but I don't have a need for them with how we use the app.

Cons

Once in a while drawings will fail to upload correctly. When have had situations in the past where you have edited a drawing for 30 minutes and attempt to upload. Come back 20 minutes later and find out not only did it fail to upload but reverted back to your unedited drawing. I believe this issue has been addressed, as it hasn't happened in awhile. Also, be careful when you are in a area with a poor cell signal or internet connection. This can slow everything down significantly.

ArcSite makes PDF functionality in several ways possible in Mobile environment

Time savings and ease of sharing plans through a mobile device. The software allows for communication of drawings in real-time which can save time and money but also ease frustrations of work or verbal communication. A drawing is worth a thousand words...

Pros

ArcSite handles PDF mobile cad drawings possible in an elegant manner. The tool makes possible creation, editing, redlining of CAD quality drawings and integrates photos in an exceptional manner. The ability to embed photos has been challenging in the past with software on ios where photos and app were somewhat disconnected. ArcSite solves this. High resolution drawings and detail is also possible with quality by controlling line types, colors and other features. The finished product achieved with ArcSite is great quality.

Cons

Project folders lack functionality of saving either in a higher order, ie. folder within folder. Folder or file commenting would be handy for communicating with cohorts, ie. leaving a description of the folder (project). Hiding projects or archiving has been a great feature, expanding on that functionality in some way would be beneficial. Downloading projects is great, or downloading selected PDFs in a bulk manner from IOS would be a good addition.

Matthew from Decker Associates, Inc.

Excellent drawing software for floorplans and building sketches.

I enjoyed using the software, and I would love to continue using it. However, the costs were a hurdle that made it hard to justify compared to other sketching software.

Pros

I really enjoyed using this software on the iPad and drawing building sketches in the field. The ability to change dimensions and have the software automatically adjust other walls at the same time was great. The software was intuitive and easy to use.

Cons

To be honest, the things I didn't like at first were addressed in updates after I sent feedback to support. The cost of the software for what I use it for is still a big hurdle. It is pricey. I don't know if there is an option for an appraiser level package, but I would consider a hybrid package that offers the basic basic package plus a couple of extras for like $15 (annual billing level). I would like the ability to sketch on pdf and would need to access the drawings from my pc. I don't need everything that the Draw+ package offers, but I need a few more options than what is offered in the basic package. The jump from the basic to the plus package makes it infeasible for my firm to consider. Currently, we use Apex Sketch for our work, and it is a stand alone license that makes the cost much more feasible.

Reasons for Choosing ArcSite

I liked the interface and the ability to use the software in the field on our iPad. The cost of the software made it infeasible compared to other products.

Reasons for Switching to ArcSite

Intuitive interface and usability.

Excellent for our business and our lives. Wonderful customer support too!

Both business and life benefits. I use this for work and I use this for home building projects.

Pros

There are two things that I like most about this software: 1. The customization that we have experienced by paying for development has been off the charts. We are able to customize the product we offer to our customers as a result of this. We've never known of an app that does this. 2. The customer support we receive if there are ever any glitches or data loss is astounding. They are fast, professional, friendly, and above all, extremely competent at what they do.

Cons

I wish there was a way to do a wide spread search of every shape that has a photo in it. When you've placed multiple shapes, it's tough to remember which one you took the pictures in.

Kenny from Du-West Services

Great app for our use

Pros

Very easy to learn and customize for different industries. Drawing up and laying out foundation repair plans is quick and easy now. We can do it onsite in real time and our managers can actually review and approve repair plans remotely while our estimators are at site locations. Arcsite has dramatically increased our accuracy on estimating projects. Being able to review proposals while estimators are onsite has reduced our repeat visits to provide estimates. This has definitely saved money and increased efficiency for us.

Cons

It would be nice to have direct access to the data in the database fields to creat custom reports. The app is getting better and this may hopefully be available in the future.

Reasons for Switching to ArcSite

Other product was limited on customizing for our specific needs.

Brian from Open 8 Consulting

Best thing since sliced bread

I was a hard sell to select this software. We spoke on the phone several times before I signed up. After I signed up I spoke to the support team several times to get ArcSite dialed in for my use. It has been fun to seen many of my requests and recommendations being implemented. ArcSite has been amazing. I have not only used it for my consulting business, but also to design a set for Frozen Jr., designed a display platform for the Lego Hogwarts castle, and am currently creating a detailed map of a friends property.

Pros

1, Ease and speed of functionality. I instantly reduced my work time on a job site from 90 minutes to 15 minutes. 2, Ever increasing functionality. In the last 9 months the improvements, small and large, have been numerous and practical. 3, Adaptability. My usage is for an area ArcSite never anticipated. This has not created any issues, In fact it has allowed me to create a distinct, practical and fun platform.

Cons

The only "complaint" I have is the inability to create a custom line type beyond the established solid and dashed lines.

Marvin from Quality Craft Wood Works

This has made my measuring on site very helpful and keeps things organized

more organization and cleaner drawings witch improves communications and understanding in the job.

Pros

I like the simplicity of the program. I love that you can add photos and place measurements on the photos or pdf drawings.

Cons

I wish that there were more items in the list for my profession. I would like more cabinet options I also wish that everything didn't load into their own page. It would be nice when you uploaded a file it came back as one file not each page a separate file.

Response from Arctuition

Replied August 2018

Hi Marvin, Just saw your review here. Glad to hear you are getting value out of it. I will reach out to you folks in mass, as it appears there are similar enhancement requests. We really do appreciate the feedback/insight. Regards, Patrick

Lonny from Saint James School

Industry: Performing Arts

Great product. Great Power. Good flexibility

Pros

What a powerfully intuitive tool. I am not the typical user as I am a classroom theatre teacher. I have a background in scenic design and worked with AutoCad and other products in my training. I have no use for those monster programs, but this is absolutely so easy to knock out the plans and quick sketches that I use daily. I find it easier to conduct my day to day drafting needs without all the fuss of some of the programs that have all those bells and whistles. It gets to the point and is intuitive enough to start easily. A beginner can feel empowered and a person with tons of experience with other CAD experience will find that it is flexible enough for most of their day to day needs. Drawings are easily exported and it aids in communication down the line.

Cons

The price is my my biggest issue. As a teacher and a single user, it is a bit prohibitive. The basics are great, but if I would like to play with some of the other features in the higher priced packages, those are definitely out of my league.

Reasons for Switching to ArcSite

More powerful and more intuitive. Not constantly changing and that keeps me able to keep up.

Jon from Distinction Grenier

Industry: Building Materials

Great product with ease of use

ArcSite has been my main app for staircase take off and will remain so. Customer service is more than helpful and provides great support.

Pros

Export to CAD files and PDF, ease of calibration on plans, excellent customer support and regular updates with new features

Cons

The fact that I have 3 tools using this software by me, logs me out since I only have 1 licence. Depending on need, I may use one of my 2 iPads or my iPhone. It would be great if we could stay logged in all tools.

Reasons for Choosing ArcSite

It was the app that responded to all my needs and more.

Response from Arctuition

Replied August 2019

Hi Jon, Thanks for the review and the feedback. Sorry for the frustration. I will share this with the team. Patrick

Jonathan from Rudey Landscape, LLC

Good for the money

Overall, this has been a great tool for onsite wok. I have also been able to draft quick, and simple ideas for clients to see potential changes by “erasing” parts of the underlying pdf through the use of shapes and showing that what could be different.

Pros

Easy import and calibration of drawings as long as there is an existing PDF. Ease of measuring and entering simple plan information. I use this instead of a paper plan on many sites when laying out projects (Landscape Architecture). It has become a go-to, especially for larger projects as I can upload all the layout drawings and construction details for quick reference on the job site. Also nice to create quick shop drawings onsite and easily create pdf with dimensions.

Cons

Inability to write DWG files directly into ArcSite. It could be an easier transition from design to ArcSite if the app had the ability to create a usable file directly from a DWG. Also, occasional crash issue when using custom symbols created in the app. I would be great to be able to isolate a “piece” of the pdf and cut, copy and paste into another drawing within the same or different project files.

Peter from Sta-Built Construction LLC

Best and Simple Design Software

Pros

This software is: 1. Easy to Learn 2. Affordable to use 3. Looks Professional 4. Great Customer Service 5. Fast to complete I would highly recommend to any contractor that needs to make there own simple designs that want them to look better than graph paper sketches.

Cons

I wish the designs would automatically upload to the cloud and that we did not have to do that ourselves

Reasons for Switching to ArcSite

Easier to use and better priced

DARCY from Gadsden Surveyors

Great, but...

Pros

For more than 20 years prior to using this app I took field notes the old fashioned way... in a field book (4-5/8" x 7-1/4") with a pencil. With limitless palette size, saved shapes, colors and snap-to lines, my notes have improved exponentially... However (continued below)

Cons

... the time it takes has increased, often dramatically. This is directly the result of the limitations I've discovered using this app all day, every day. The most severe issues are the lack of a default tangency when drawing a curve from the end of a line, arrays adhering to the grid (instead of a line), the error encountered when attempting to edit arc/curve data, the inability to apply text to a curve or color outside of a closed figure, the lack of an eraser (huge fault), and probably the most lacking of all is the absence of the tap feature on the ($129) Apple Pencil.

Kept breaking leads

Michael from CNT Foundations

A Great Product

We have solved a disconnect between Estimating and Production. Production no longer has to rely on hand-drawn diagrams and now know exactly where to put repairs.

Pros

The best feature of this app is the ease of use. It takes only minutes to make a drawing or diagram on the job site. Being able to share the projects between my team is a huge advantage also.

Cons

There isn't much I don't like, but if I had to pick one it is the way the Shapes Menu stays on the screen after you select a shape to use.

Response from Arctuition

Replied August 2019

Hi Michael, Thanks for the nice review and the improvement suggestion. Regards, Patrick

Dan from LD Total

User friendly and great customer support

We’ve reduced double-handling of drawings, improved accuracy of on-site quotations, improved quality of initial design sketches for clients, and seen a reduction to our overhead.

Pros

Proactive support, they want you to make full use of the software and provide ample instruction (how-to’s and direct communication) to help you do so. User friendly interface, short learning curve before a new user can produce useful drawings.

Cons

Plot settings can take some getting used to.

Response from Arctuition

Replied August 2019

Hi Dan, Thanks for the note here and your business. I will reach out soon with some of the new work we have completed.

Joe from McElhanney Geomatics Engineering

Very useful tool, did most of what I asked of it. Replaced the hand sketches in the truck

Pros

Had all the functionality I needed to make quick, easy sketches With the ability to put photos in the background with a transparency I can trace all the details I needed before adding the new additions Rep at customer service always did his best to meet my needs

Cons

Can't change the direction & orientation of the anglular measure. Getting lineweights correct for export was guess and check. Doesn't auto save on cell connection. The dimensions are always in the magnifier Snaps are somewhat buried in the menus to change.

Stuart from Oak Hill Memorial Association

Suits 89% of my need

Pros

As Director of a cemetery association, I find ArcSite to be valuable for a variety of functions. Primarily, I use it to map monuments in need of restoration or cleaning, as well as for landscaping issues and concerns. It is easy to upload the maps I need as base templates. Once the templates are loaded, it is effortless to use in the field with the iPad version of ArcSite. I like the reports that it produces, and it intuitively formats the photos and comments.

Cons

When I upload a document to use as a template, I wish that there was a "make a template" function, as I. wind up recreating the needed form over and over again. It would also be helpful to have the capacity to produce a csv document for database conversion.

Response from Arctuition

Replied August 2019

Hi Stuart, Nice to hear from you. Let's get together and see if we can solve those issues for you. I will reach out. Thanks, Patrick

Jeremy from ArCON2

Good product, but expensive for a drawing app

The ability to draw simple floor plans was great. It was easy to do, and for the most part, had the shapes I needed. However, paying this much, every month, to simply draw a floor plan is ridiculous. I work in construction as a foundation remediation expert and was looking for a simple solution to draw the outline of a building with the interior walls in some cases, add some dimensions and some simple shapes and text indicating areas to where more attention needs to be given. Unfortunately there aren't any out there for that with grid lines and dimensions. I tried this product, it was great for a little while but the cost just ate away at my wallet every month. I would not pay more than $3/month for an app like this for what I use it for. I would pay $30 outright for one though. Perhaps I will develop one myself to fit the needs of those like me? (I have a degree in IT and am familiar with programming so wouldn't really be that hard..)

Pros

Cons

The PRICE every month to simply draw some shapes on a grid-lined screen.

Reasons for Choosing ArcSite

At first it was because of the ease of drawings simple shapes and adding dimensions. Now I have switched back because it is my only choice that is not ridiculously priced.

Collin from JES Foundation Repair

Confidence through accuracy!

Pros

What I like most about this software is how easy and user friendly it is. ArcSite has greatly helped my confidence learning more structural work. I am so accurate with all my drawings and measurements that our engineers in our office can look at everything and help answer any questions I ever have if needed. It's awesome how this software's accuracy allows them to help me without even being there on the job site. It's incredible! This software has tremendously helped my career.

Cons

A few things could be added to make it more efficient but overall its amazing.

Response from Arctuition

Replied August 2019

Hi Collin, Thanks for the nice review. Patrick

Jon from Distinction Grenier

Great app that keeps improving

Some issues have happened with the Software but customer service is easy to reach and they get on the issues right away.

Pros

I use it for my staircase measurements and with the ability to use layers, I can literally have all of the information required with ease. Once my stairwell has been taken, I have everything i need.

Cons

Some of the lines get linked and if you modify a measurement, sometimes it changes the ratio and other measures without noticing.

Response from Arctuition

Replied August 2018

Hi Jon, Great to hear from you. Thanks for writing in here with your thoughts. Good news is that we added a way to not have the Con you have listed. I will also reach out directly via email, but the short answer here is to go to Settings and toggle off Smart Dimensioning.

Dan from Aluminium Cladding Installations

ArcSite 5 Star

Extremely happy

Pros

I originally used ArcSite for on-site drawings and take-offs. Since then I transfer all my drawings using the DXF export straight into my CNC machine. Once I worked out the correct layering and a few little tips to assist with the export, it works perfectly. The ease of doing this on my iPad with my pencil is a pleasure. I can not fault this app.

Cons

Happy with everything. I honestly can’t fault the app for my purpose.

Chad from Rockstar Welding

Outstanding design platform

The online support has been very responsive and great to work with.

Pros

Great product to draw 2D drawings Very simple to use. We use these drawings for our CNC Plasma as well as fabrication drawings

Cons

No 3D option No text don’t options More options on spirals and machining

Response from Arctuition

Replied August 2018

Hi Chad, Good to hear from you. I will reach out to drill into those Cons, as I want to better understand them. Regards, Patrick

Paul from Johnson’s controls

Industry: Security and Investigations

Arcsite review

Being able to assist in the offshoring of the jobs no longer have to type the jobs or remark the drawings so all completed on site apart from the upload

Pros

Compatibility and flexibility Utilizing the iPad on site

Cons

Unknown yet to develop a longstanding concern all concerns are dealt with promptly by support Size of files can be large

Response from Arctuition

Replied August 2019

Hi Paul, Thanks for the review. Patrick

Dani from Pinnacle Power Services

Easy software to work with and great customer service

It easily gets files to and from the office and field with the mark up made. It stores all our files for easy use.

Pros

Cons

I wish it wasn't so expensive but I guess it is worth it when the developers work with you on making it a better tool to use.

Dale from A W Plant Svs Ltd

Industry: Oil & Energy

How good is ARCSITE

We use ArcSite to create lift plane and the ability to screen shot google earth and import the picture or the site you are doing the plan for makes life so much easier. Also have created a shape library with the cranes all drawn to scale so you can just add to plan and position accordingly.

Pros

Ease of use The ability to import pictures Create your own shape libary

Cons

I can't say that there were any cons really

Reasons for Choosing ArcSite

Easier to use Much quicker for others to learn

Response from Arctuition

Replied August 2019

Hi Dale, Thanks for the nice review. Regards, Patrick

Carl from Davis Construct

Must have tool for construction industry

Arcsite made creating on-site diagrams and drawings a breeze, and drastically cut down the time it took to do initial drafting, saving hundreds of hours a year

Pros

ArcStite is extremely easy to learn and use and requires very little skill to operate efficiently. The customer support team is fantastic, and was eager to know about my experience with the tool and what they could do to improve.

Cons

ArcSite is only available as a subscription service and doesn't have the option to purchase the tool outright.

William from Pinnacle Power Services

Great Program, Versatile for Many Use Cases

Pros

The ability to have it in the guys hands in the field where they can make adjustments to drawings in real time. This sames time, money, and errors. We also love the import and export functionality.

Cons

It would be nice to have a more robust portfolio of pre created shapes/objects and the ability to port them.

Curtis from Quality Craft Wood Works

Very good program needs

Makes keeping everything organized easier

Pros

Cons

I don't like the uploading and downloading that everything separates into its own page. Needs more objects

Response from Arctuition

Replied August 2018

Hi Curtis, Just saw your, and others from Quality, reviews here. Glad to hear you are getting value out of it. I will reach out to you folks in mass, as it appears there are similar enhancement requests. We really do appreciate the feedback/insight. Regards, Patrick

Michael from Ironwood Stair & Rail

Best basic mobile CAD

Over all experience has been really good. The customer support has been a huge help and he has added many features that have been beneficial to what my company uses this app for.

Pros

Portability and ease of use, and customer support is fantastic!

Cons

Lack of options: - snap-to - auto fill - repeat of item around a shape - odd shape(oval eclipse etc.) - most of all: changing a line size will sometimes create a glitch that will freeze the app or change so many other measurements because of what its connected to.

Response from Arctuition

Replied August 2018

Hi Mike, Thanks for the insight. We should definitely hold at least an email conversation as some of these (snap to and changing the line size) items are fixed with new-ish updates. I will send over an email today telling you how.

William from Rain Gutter Consultants

ArcSite Review

We are able to visibly show a customer where their downspouts will be installed, their direction, so they have a visual to put together with a drawing. This makes it easier to follow and understand for the customer.

Pros

Photos to show customers. Drawing layout.

Cons

Making changes to accommodate all users within our company is very difficult to make happen and often comes with resistance from the engineers.

Reasons for Choosing ArcSite

Nothing out there that would meet our specific needs as a gutter company. This is why we chose to develop this product... Without our company's input you would not have this product. :)

Sarah from Heartland Mutual Insurance Company IL

ArcSite is a great tool for property inspections!

This software has been a great tool for us in home insurance inspections! We start with an aerial photo from Google Maps and are able to incorporate drawings and photos to effectively tell the story of the property.

Pros

The best part about this software is the customer support. The drawing features are very easy to use.

Cons

Really like the app, works great for me.

I use it daily in my work.

Pros

Not as tedious as other drawing apps. Drawing scale is unlimited. Prints to png,pdf and love it. Love entering distances and angles. Love being able to use it without an internet connection because I am regularly off the grid.

Cons

Needs alignment tool and auto shape (star, triangle, circle and square/rectangle). Would really be nice if I could re-arrange order of layers. Can't create gradient colors, would be nice.

Mark from Real Estate

Using Arcsite for Energy Surveys

I love it. Site surveys are more accurate and having developed my own shapes I don't need to do much ad hoc typing of notes.

Pros

Easy of use. Speeds up the work process. Better quality site notes for audit.

Reasons for Switching to ArcSite

Ease of use and easier to customise to what I needed

James from Hawks Inter-State Pestmasters

Simple to use yet has deep feature set

Pros

It is very straightforward. We don't use much in the way on the advanced features, just basic line drawings for our paperwork. But it is exactly what we had been looking for.

Cons

The app will randomly sign me out of my account. It enters a demo mode every so often brings up a prompt to show me what the icons do. Neither of these are huge inconveniences but I figured they are worth mentioning.

Nathan from Pinnacle Power Services

Overall great program

Pros

Easy to setup and implement with very little downtime. Easy to upload new files into the cloud and exporting is also easy.

David from Quality Craft Wood Works

it was been a great time saver and helped me to stay more organized.

As said in the earlier comments, it has improved my communication of my team.

Pros

I has removed 90% of my paper/printer use and has increase my ability to communicate with me team, both in accuracy and with color coded information etc.

Cons

everything for the most part is great. there are just a few things that I wish it could add, I have communicated this, and I know that some of these things are limitations of the ipad system.

Nick from Du-West

Arcsite allows management to review drawings and proposals real time prior to presenting to clients

Pros

The best thing about this program is the ease of use and when there is any issue figuring something out we get a video showing how to do something

Cons

Challenges if cell signal is not strong and not having the ability to modify previous versions

Much more user friendly

Peter from Automation Design + Entertainment

Industry: Consumer Electronics

Easy to use drawing program that simply makes sense!

Great people and very responsive.

Pros

Easy to use and well laid out and helpful whether your doing a job intake for your team, a bid on a site, or a simple drawing for training or visual aid...it is just so helpful!

Cons

Just understanding the difference between a shape and a product and how to customize. Once i got it, it made so much sense.

Reasons for Switching to ArcSite

Needed something more mobile and flexible