• Pros

• "I like to workflow from start to finish. By having the workflow laid out it prevents mistakes from happening"

• "I think the building of crews and layout is easy to understand. The RFP process is very functional and easy to use."

• "I like the ease of use and strength of the program. The support is unmatched."

• Cons

• "What's there not to like! The products are not the cheapest on the market. "

• "I have no real complaints. There will always be little things that you wished were different. However, I like this program."

• "There's nothing to complain about. The upgrades and new software lines they have added have not taken away from their estimating software."

Browse B2W Estimate - Estimating & Bidding Reviews

Kevin from American Asphalt Company, Inc.

Solid tool with an ever growing list of valuable features

We are able to drive our goal of industry leader with the tools being afforded to us by B2W. We find new ways of use daily, we are able to get information to our field personnel quickly. Responding in minuets to issues not days and weeks. it is a platform we plan on building upon aggressively for a long time.

Pros

I truly appreciate the integration among the entire product line. It truly streamlines our approach to doing business

Cons

While I enjoy the integration, I do feel it could be better, the limited functionality of certain parts of the programs limit its full potential.

July 2011

Mark from Peters Construction Co.

July 2011

About a year ago, our company was still estimating with spreadsheets. Our system was effective for acquiring work, but didn't really allow for much integration with scheduling, project management, or accounting software. We also had problems with collaboration between estimators on a single estimate. Limitations with spreadsheets forced us to occasionally create multiple estimating files in order to allow more than one estimator to work concurrently on a single project. A more troubling problem was the increasing disparity in spreadsheets from different estimators. Personal preferences led to individual changes on each spreadsheet revision, in both appearance and function. This was problematic during file integration, but also through transitions among staff. Our project managers and superintendents struggled to coordinate projects between different estimators, who sometimes presented the same information in different formats. Realizing that the problems and flaws in our system were only going to get worse, we began to investigate potential software solutions. We decided to go with BID2WIN because the software addressed all our needs at a reasonable price point, and provided all the features of other systems as well as a lot more. We've been using BID2WIN for about a year now, so we're still newbies, and still finding new ways to harness its powerful tools to our advantage. Make no mistake, it IS a powerful tool, and the only regret I have is that we didn't make the move years ago. Implementation of BID2WIN Is not just "installation." It's a collaborative process that entails considerable effort from the client, and from different levels of the BID2WIN implementation and training team. They don't just dump the software on your server. They require considerable effort and involvement from you, the client, but the time and effort you invest into it will be returned many times over. BID2WIN Software had us up and running pretty quickly, and we immediately realized the savings in time. The import features, item and task templates, and RFQ process make building an estimate almost effortless. The process only gets faster and easier as we gain familiarity with the programs, and as our databases grow. The time we save in building estimates can now be utilized to learn the intricacies of the project, and fine tune our efforts accordingly. We don't get every job we bid with BID2WIN. That isn't a goal, and never was. What utilizing BID2WIN does do is lead to better cost accuracy - which, of course, is the single most important aspect of estimating, and the construction business as a whole. Anyone can be a low bidder. What's great is to be the low bidder, while knowing exactly what your margins are - and that's just for starters. BID2WIN addressed all of the issues we had with our spreadsheet estimating. The system allows multiple users to modify a single estimating file concurrently without the need for multiple bidding files, so true collaboration can take place. BID2WIN also immediately standardized our estimating process. These days, we can easily transfer project responsibility from any estimator to any project manager or superintendent, knowing that the information stays consistent in both content and presentation. But beyond that, BID2WIN's myriad reports allow people of different responsibilities to extract their information in virtually any form they want. BID2WIN effectively addressed our crucial need to standardize our process, but the tool also maintained the positive aspects of individualization. My favorite aspect of BID2WIN is the effortless and sleek integration it affords us. Once we are a successful bidder on a project, we can export BID2WIN files and load them into our accounting, project management and scheduling software programs. Within minutes, we have a resource-loaded schedule to hand off to the project manager and superintendent; cost estimates loaded into our job costing; and purchase orders and subcontracts printed, loaded into our accounting program, and ready to distribute to our vendors and subcontractors. There is no redundancy, duplication of effort, or clerical errors, and the task is done in minutes. It still amazes me. As a business owner, the old adage that "time is money" should be a mantra, and the time savings we have derived from the implementation of BID2WIN has already paid for its acquisition costs. With our ability to generate a larger volume of estimates, and with greater cost accuracy, we are also more profitable overall. Innovation is another aspect of BID2WIN that makes the company stand out. Many of the product updates and developments to the system come directly from end-user requests and suggestions. The software doesn't just add cosmetic bells and whistles. The developers collaborate with users to add useful tools that provide additional value, and make our jobs easier. BID2WIN has been everything we had hoped for, and more. We highly recommend this solution to anyone except our direct competition. We'd love to maintain the competitive advantage it affords us.

Tony from Bituminous Roadways

Potential is there

Pros

The best thing about B2W is how the different modules communicate with each other. Estimating flows into Track and Schedule to reduce redundancy.

Cons

There is a long learning curve to adapt to using this product. Setup is seemingly easy until it creates problems later and you have to start over. Not enough training is provided with the product and the charges incurred for additional training and setup is painful.

September 2010

Randall from C.S. McCrossan Construction, Inc.

September 2010

Bid2Win Estimating Software User Review

Having used multiple estimating packages including Harddollar, HCS, Success, MCACES, and MCII, this program is by far the most user-friendly and feature-rich system in the commercial marketplace today, in my opinion. Additionally, the Bid2Win Software Engineers are eager to hear of user-identified feature requests and incorporate them into the software as new feature updates. We have used the system for 10 years, now, and have been very satisfied with the stability, speed, ease of use, minimal learning curve, and scalability of the program. I would give the software a 9.2 out of 10 and would raise the rating to 9.8 out of 10 if the Cons posted above were addressed.

Pros

Our company is a heavy/highway general contractor that self-performs removals, earthwork, bridges and retaining walls, underground utilities, asphalt paving and concrete paving. We investigated other options prior to commiting to the purchase of Bid2Win, choosing it because of its intuitive, tabbed user-interface and the ability to construct reusable task templates for any kind of work imaginable. The following bullets give an overview of the features available: - User defined work categories / sub categories - User defined labor classification / burden database - User defined equipment classification / rates database - Unlimited task template creation for repetitive work items - Tabbed costing interface for calculating costs / markups / and bid pricing - Markup distribution strategy tab for spreading costs to maximize project cash flow - Automatic bond cost table - Microsoft SQL server-based for unlimited concurrent user access (multiple estimators work at the same time)

Cons

- Weak export of costs and resources to Critical Path Method scheduling software (i.e. Export to Microsoft Project, not Primavera) - Only basic implementation of Disadvantaged Business Enterprise (DBE) subcontractor assignments (still requires additional spreadsheet work outside of the program to get a complete analysis of DBE participation)

March 2015

April from P. Flanigan & Sons, Inc.

Because I'm happy...

Pros

First, I like how responsive this vendor is towards user concerns and input towards a better product. Each employee is very willing to help and answer questions, or record any input to be evaluated for future updates. Second, I like how much this product continues to evolve. When I started using the software three years ago, I only used the estimate portion. Now we have evolved to using it for job cost tracking, dispatch, forms, etc., it is much more convenient being able to use one software to handle a lot of our needs.

Cons

The only thing I do not like is not having an "undo" button, one like those seen on the Microsoft office softwares. I greatly appreciate the recycle bin feature to help restore items that I've deleted, but I also make many small mistakes or changes that I would easily like to undo.

Devin from Romero General Construction

July 2011

Romero is a certified SDB General Construction Corp. specializing in: design-build, general contracting, fine grading, aggregate placement, asphalt paving, concrete paving, curb & flatwork, aggregate crushing/recycling, based in the northern San Diego, California area. Prior to BID2WIN we were using customized Excel spreadsheets on an ad hoc basis. What compelled us to switch to BID2WIN was the ability to have a centralized database on which all of our estimators could draw. That, and the fact that BID2WIN keeps our resources and our bids organized. We were very impressed with BID2WIN's customer service and the fact that we can call them up anytime and have one of their support reps log on to our computers and fix a problem. The company wants to go in the direction of the consumer; they're willing to customize the package to our operations and they want to implement it the best way they can to benefit us. One of the biggest reasons we went with BID2WIN is there support department. Whenever we call up they are like bull dogs; they get on a question and they wont let go until it's solved. BID2WIN saves our company time and money in several regards. First, it has standardized our estimating and bidding. Our estimators are all using the same program. Our bid proposals all look the same and there's no opportunity for anyone to be using an incorrect cost with any of our resources. Also, BID2WIN's built in error checking lets us quickly determine if we've omitted any costs or missed any aspects of the bid. My favorite feature is the ability to update a bid globally when we have material changes or labor or equipment rate changes. We can go into a very large bid and make the update and have it take effect everywhere. We use Maxwell's StreetSmarts and the integration with BID2WIN almost saves us a body at the office. Right from BID2WIN I can export my budget, cost codes, purchase orders – everything we need to set up the job. I would definitely recommend BID2WIN to some of our colleagues in the field. In fact, we've done so in the past!

Tyler from Hawkins Construction Company

B2W Estimate

Pros

Custom Reporting feature made it possible to customize the reporting and views to the old way we were used to seeing it. It does a really good job of computing all the numbers in a bid item fashion. Tons of ways you can tackle different tasks or multiple items within one parent bid item, phases, alternates, etc. The subcontractor compare tab is a great way to compare item by item, apples to apples of multiple sub quotes. Then with a click of a button it will push them in to your actual bid. Huge time saver!

Cons

Sometimes on larger bids with hundreds of bid items that are very complex it seems to have a slight lag when doing data entry. That could also be part technical on our side as well. But I need to address this. I guess I'm always shooting for "Very Efficient" in everything I do.

Gerhard from Steed and Evans Limited

Makes closing a tender a breeze.

Increased success in obtaining work and peace of mind.

Pros

The flexibility. I have three estimators who utilize the functionality that allow them to work in their own unique ways. It's intuitive, uses windows-like logic. The 'crew based', subcontractor based, vendor based, systems allows for quick tendering.

Cons

The system requires annual maintenance fees that are somewhat costly. I am utilizing the system to the maximum amount of users (paid for) and would have pay more if I were to add more users.

Sean from Mark Cerrone, Inc.

Great Estimating Software

This is a great program for estimating. It can be customized with activities, crews, etc that can be used over and over. Bids can be shared in real time among multiple users. It also exports into multiple programs (Excel, Viewpoint) which makes the transition into a project easier.

Pros

It takes time to build activities and crews, but once done, they can be copied with no effort. There's multiple reports (material, labor, equipment) that is really helpful if the bid is successful. There is effort to learn the software, but it is straight forward. There are simple but effective features like the subcontractor and vendor management that allows you to create groups that then apply throughout the bid - for example, you can make a subcontractor group for concrete and enter the separate contractors and pricing. Choosing a contractor in this group then applies to all concrete items throughout the bid. It makes the work easier, but also helps to avoid missing an item.

Cons

The program automatically saves and there is no undo button, so make sure you think of this ahead of time.

Continues to perform as expected. Easy to navigate around after becoming familiar with interface.

Standardized bidding and job set up process across the company. Also provides place for easy review of bids at all levels of management in various locations across the group of companies.

Pros

Level of control over all aspects of the bids. Also the ability to break down information in various formats for easy review and analysis. Conditional formatting allows to catch anything that may be an issue at a quick glance. Numerous reports built in to cover a lot of aspects of the bids.

Cons

Inability to create custom reports in house. Also with concurrent licenses not having the ability to pull a license back from a user has been a challenge. The user may have remained logged in even though they are not using the software preventing others ability to access.

I am new to the product, but it seems like a good software program.

It's easy to use as an estimator.

Pros

Ease of use and functionality. I like the various windows for different functions, and the icons are getting better to differentiate various functions. I do like how I am able to have many number of tasks in a tree, in lieu of only having the ability to have 3 or 4 tasks per item.

Cons

Lacks some features I am used to. I am not a huge fan of the different reports, but we are working with B2W about customizing various reports to suit our company needs. I am also not a fan of how slow the inputs can be. We are working off an off-site server, and sometimes in can bog down.

Travis from Fermar Paving Ltd.

Experience using B2W has been phenomenal and useful.

I am able to easily and effectively perform my job as an estimator.

Pros

B2W ease of use and ability to update costing on materials, labour and equipment simply. The Item history lookup option on an item is an effective tool.

Cons

It's in ability to create phases within phases on B2W estimate. When it crashes it crashes numerous times that day. Does not happen very often, but when it does, it does not simply crash one time.

Shane from PDC

B2W is very professional and customer focused, and the software is robust and easy to use, although it is still a legacy product in many ways.

I think it is the best available estimating software for site work contractors (although any contractor or subcontractor can use it). It can handle very large projects and has many elements that make it so useful, especially for Unit Price projects. It is clean and simple to use considering how robust it is. Adding some workflows, checklists, custom fields and making it web-based eventually would be great.

Pros

Easy to learn Logical process flow for the most part Stable Saves time once you get some data accumulated RFQ module works well

Cons

Not as "smart" as I hoped (e.g., work flows, checklists, custom fields, etc) Not web-based Lots of mouse clicks required Legacy elements (e.g., search functions not as robust as modern web-based software)

August 2010

Alan from Sherwood Construction Co., Inc.

Bid2Win Construction Estimating Software

Highly recommended.

Pros

With the Enterprise version, the software has the ability to utilize multiple databases for use with multiple companies, yet be maintained from a central location. Within the Sherwood organization, we have eight companies; each with their own location, identity, resources, wage schedules, equipment rates, etc. The system's flexibility, ease of use, and multiple database capabilities were exatcly what we needed. Data migration for system implementation was greatly simplified by way of spreadsheet style templates that were used to pre-populate the program's data tables within each database. WIth the pre-poulated data, the system was ready to use, almost virtually out of the box. Seemless integration with MS Office products and exports available for multiple other software products, including accounting systems, reduces time and effort. We were bidding with the system the day after training.

Cons

There aren't any cons that I can think of. After using the system for four months, I have only called tech support once. It was for something that I could have taken care of with another few minutes of thinking. If you pay attention during the training and are somewhat computer literate, the systems intuitiveness takes care of the rest.,

nicole from paving

An in depth software geared towards professional construction

Pros

Estimate provides multiple levels of items and tasks, including labor, materials and trucking. This makes it extremely simple as a business to break down all of your costs and make sure you are pricing out jobs accordingly.

Cons

The method of emailing an estimate recently changed and now does not allow you to copy other employees.

James from Client Technology Solutions

Good but limited program.

The customization options for B2W is awesome. We have made templates for certain tasks and loved that we could reuse them for other tasks. However, when you mess up, you have to redo the whole thing since there is no undo button. We have the maximum number of users for the base level but are reluctant to add more due to cost.

Pros

The ability to reuse the templates for multiple tasks is very handy and we love the customization options available. The user interface is very user-friendly and when we have needed help, the customer support was easy to contact and was very helpful.

Cons

There are some aspects of the program that has limited functionality. There’s been a few times where we needed to find a workaround for a certain task. I also wish the program was a buy-once type program, as the annual fees get to be a bit much sometimes. Having an undo button would also make life a lot easier.

Karrie from Ocean Contractors Limited

Overall a great experience. Enjoyed the interactive classes and found it very helpful.

Pros

Overall I find the program to be very user friendly. I am intrigued by all of the different reports that it can generate.

Cons

I find at times the software can be slow. A feature that would be nice is for it to have a multi-delete function (rather than only being able to delete one item at a time).

Franco from Dufferin Construction Company

July 2015

Always making life simpler!

Pros

The ease and functionality of the program. The way in which it is built makes bids a breeze. The vendor is great because of their service. When you do come upon a road block, they always have an answer for you, and the answer is always to your favour (it's never that they can't not figure out how to help you).

Cons

Nothing comes to mind! I honestly can't think of a time when I've thought anything other than positive thoughts about this program and vendor.

Jan from Fowler Construction Company Limited

April 2016

Used Estimate (formerly Bid2Win) for more than 10 years. Very pleased.

Pros

Support is very good. Friendly and knowledgeable. And prompt! Usually you can talk to a support rep right away and get your issue resolved right then and there which is critical when closing a bid.

Cons

Because we have been so pleased with Estimate / Bid2Win, I have not personally used other estimating software for more than ten years so I cannot personally provide a detailed comparison to other currently available estimating software.

August 2010

Jeff from Landmark Construction Co., Inc.

Bid2Win

I've used and reviewed other systems, nothing can compare to B2W.

Pros

Support is second to none. Available 24/7. Never have they failed to answer question or solve problem within minutes. Never on hold, never have to wait for a callback. Product allows you to bid the way you want, how you are used to bidding. I've never had a situation that could not be handled easily and efficiently by B2W. Effortlessly send RFQ's to subs and vendors via email or fax in a readable and understandable format, along with the ability to send attachments to any or all on your list. Mark Up and Bid Closings methods are outstanding. The ability to spread and distribute mark ups in infinite combinations assure that you won't get burned by a crazy bid form. Simple phase and alternate creation and management allows you to match any bid form. Multiple layer work-breakdown structure allows all items to be bid so that your costs are always accurate, you never have to resort to "close enough for now" Estimate Check - fantastic, assures complete estimate

Cons

I should have bought it much sooner.

Sean from Mark Cerrone, Inc.

Good estimating software with many tools

This program works very well with Viewpoint and makes setting up a job in Viewpoint much easier.

Pros

The program is straight forward to learn, however, there are many features so there is a learning curve. The vendor and subcontractor RFQ is a great feature that makes analysis much easier. There are many reports available. Very helpful software.

Cons

There is no undo button, so be very careful before you take action. It is somewhat laborious to set up an estimate, a drag and drop feature of tasks or components would speed things up greatly.

April 2015

Jeffery from Kimmins Contracting Corp.

A Great Time Saver

Pros

Product: The time saving elements of putting an estimate together. Vendor: Our vendor rep is always available and knows B2W form top to bottom. At this point in my career, I wouldn't consider going back to pencil and paper.

Cons

Not being able to change font or highlight while typing up terms & conditions. Not being able to sort quickly by category. B2W does not like to work with negative values (Scrap credit on demolition projects)

Doug from lakeside Industries

Overall it is great software riddled with terrible reporting and some ease of use issues

Pros

Document management is okay. Could use some better tagging Windows interface is user friendly. user folders are a great benefit to organize information

Cons

Sub Payable is terrible. works fine as long as you don't make a mistake or need to add anything on the fly. Reporting is terrible.

Shakotah from VK Kowlton Construction

Very helpfull business tool

Pros

I have been using B2W for five years now, and it was very easy to learn. It is a powerful tool when setting up consistent, precise bids. Every year we get better at using it and the updates always seem to make the product better and more user friendly.

Cons

One problem we come across when using B2W is if you accidently change a production rate or cost, there is no back button to undo the error. There is only the audit view and it would just be easier if there was an undo.

Raymond from Columbia Asphalt & Ready Mix (a CRH Company)

Its user friendly, the program gets better as data basis are built for functionality for our use

Estimate quality, functional bid quotes

Pros

Once the data basis is built with tasks and material it will be easier to build an estimate quicker, this will take time. It's hard to accomplish through the season now, we will be working on it through the winter months.

Cons

It would be nice to see within the estimate that you are working on that will show you all of the material you have imported for your estimate in one screen whit a push of a button.

Kristen from Paving

B2W Excellent Estimating Software

Pros

This software has the ability to hold a great volume of customers and estimates without the system getting bogged down.

Cons

It would be nice if it had a scheduling feature within the same program to allow for ease of job progression from quote to finished product.

Ivan from JR Merit

It works well for it's purpose.

I think it helps provide more accurate and competitive estimates.

Pros

Cons

It doesn't work well for mechanical takeoff. Also, the building of resources can be clunky. I also would like to see a feature where you can award a scope of work to a sub or supplier as "FREE" for comparison purposes.

Bryce from ECI

Great Bidding Software

Pros

Bid2Win makes it relatively easy to produce quality bids in a short amount of time. We value the ability to distribute indirect costs and make specific adjustments. Also the ability to adjust costs globally is of great value.

Cons

It has been somewhat of a learning experience to export bid estimates to our accounting and job costing software. I'm sure if we were to work with support on this we could figure it out better.

Alicia from MCC, Inc

Estimate and Track

Pros

Their customer service is excellent! Very helpful and get back to you right away. We have used the product for a couple of years now and really like it. It's very user friendly and helpful with the information you are able to get from it.

Cons

I wish you were able to customize reports more especially in Track.

Harvey from Jon M. Hall Company

July 2015

I was B2W when it was still Bid2Win.

Pros

B2W does everything HeavyBid does but does it better and in a more user-friendly way. Also, the reports are easier to read. One of the things I like best is the vendor/subcontractor management system.

Cons

Exporting budgets to our accounting software is awkward, but this has more to do with our accounting software than B2W.

March 2015

Evan from Mid-City Excavating Ltd.

Great Program

Pros

The software is very easy to use and the staff at B2W offer great support throughout the integration process and afterwards with any advice you may require. Once integration is complete, B2W sends someone to your office to help train at your own pace in a one on one environment for your company.

Cons

I do not have anything bad to say about the product or vendor.

John from MCC, Inc

Estimate Review

Pros

The ability to customize the product for our needs and the willingness of the B2W employees to help with it. Also the tracking and reporting we can get from it.

Cons

I wish there were more selection of custom reports. We utilize some of the reports but it would be beneficial to be able to run more custom (specific) reports of what we are looking for with in estimate.

Mark from GS Holdings

Industry: Utilities

B2W Estimate - overall product review

Pros

It is very versatile with what you can do with the program. Also, it is very user-friendly, which makes it easier to train new estimators. B2W is also constantly listening to their customers and upgrading the product continually, which is addressing the customer ideas

Cons

I'm still waiting on a couple of recommendations, but I realize it takes time to produce and implement them.

Mo from Turner & Townsend

Powerful and Functional

Pros

It is one of the best estimating software specifically for heavy-civil, large scale projects. Ability to identify and manage a resource file, transferring the WBS from excel to the software and utilizing the best reporting system to come up with the cost breakdown based on labor, equipment and material are some pros of this software.

Cons

Considering the cost of the software, it fits the large-scale projects. It doesn't seem, it can be a right choice for small-size projects or buildings.

Ricardo from Henkels & McCoy

Industry: Utilities

B2W is helping us to make a long overdue transition

Pros

I like the data management, database, and structure in general. B2W is helping us to make a transition to where we need to be in terms of estimating.

Cons

What I like the least is management reports and some screen visuals. The way the information is arranged is not friendly to first users. "Hide zeros" is not established across all menus.

Joe from SiteWORX

April 2016

Best In Class. First Rate Customer Service.

I have been using Estimate off and on for nearly a decade. I have demo'd countless competitors programs and I know two things to be true there is no solution that is perfect to every companies specific situation however, B2W's Estimate is the best in the class. The Ease of Use of software is relative to the commercial category for which its application is being used. Civil and Heavy Highway Estimates are difficult and complex undertakings in a lot of cases so while Estimate is not intuitive, none are, the use of Estimate in our company has increased the amount of work we bid, by nearly 40% compared to our previous Excel based system. More accurately, Estimate Check Wizard is an amazing feature. I cant say that it has made us more profitable but it has eliminated human error that would of resulted in losses. Additionally I haven't had a single dealing with any employee that hasn't gone out of there way to answer any question I have I had. Lastly, B2W's tech support is unrivaled you won't know that until you need them but you will after.

March 2016

Stewart from CAC Industries, Inc.

March 2016

It is very comparible to HCSS.

Pros

This is very comparible to HCSS (the Cadillac of estimating softwares) but much more user friendly.

Cons

I cannot honestly think of what I like least. This software is easy to use.

Bill from BOTHAR Construction, LLC

Overall a great product

Pros

Lets you spend more time breaking down a job and less time building a estimate. Vendor always has an answer right away when there is a problem

Cons

Wish I could create my own reports. this would make it easier for me to find what I am looking for faster.

March 2016

David from Sanders Brothers Construction Company, Inc.

March 2016

I have used B2W Estimate since 2003.

I had previous experience with crew/production based estimating prior to starting with B2W Estimate 13 years ago so the concepts were easy to pick up. The way we use Estimate has evolved over the years to help integrate the project budgets into our accounting and production tracking systems. B2W Support has been helpful when we needed to resolve issues. The software is flexible and adaptable to our needs. The 4 stars for ease of use is only because B2W has so many features packed into the system. I'm sure it does things that we don't even know we need. The Best Practices sessions at UC16 were very informative. Working through a sample estimate with a trainer and then discussing "tips and tricks" with other users is of great value to be able to use the software to its fullest potential. We are looking forward to the enhancements coming in future releases. B2W is to be commended for the culture of always wanting to improve the product--and basing those improvements on the needs and desires of their customers.

July 2015

Eric from Mark Cerrone, Inc.

Project Estimator

Pros

The ability to assemble accurate and complete bids in a short amount of time. B2W Estimate is such a universal tool and can do anything that is required of it.

Cons

The feature that we are not in love with on this product is the trucking modular and its function in the estimate.

April 2015

Kurt from Hawkins Construction Co.

Review of B2W estimate

Pros

The product is very user friendly, when we have used customer support, for the most part they have been very helpful.

Cons

We use custom reports that always seem to be a problem with updates to the software.

Matt from Duininck, Inc.

Project Management

Pros

Multiple estimators in one bid, global edits, export capability, customer service, programming issues

Cons

trucking calculator doesn't link to resources, large task templates extremely slow system and/or crash system, cost groups with large task templates extremely slow system and/or crash system, custom reports need to be constructed by B2W

Sue from MCC, Inc.

Estimate and Track

Pros

The product is user friendly. My rep was wonderful in helping us set it up and to troubleshoot.

Cons

We seem to have the tablets lock up when trying to submit their job sheets; currently one of the newer ipads will not let you copy.

March 2015

Anthony from DelSignore Blacktop Paving inc.

March 2015

Signed up with this product a couple years ago. Love it. Keep it up

Pros

The support staff is great. It's very simple and easy to use software. It's the way estimating should be.

Cons

I didn't like that it was developed without spellcheck, but that is resolved. We need a takeoff software in bid 2 win.

David from Gerber Construction Inc

B2W is great

Pros

I like the ease of use and strength of the program. The support is unmatched.

Matt from Morgan Pavement

New user of enterprise level B2W

Pros

I like the ability to detail out cost and keep one central database to review of other bids. I also like RFQ's and vendor management.

Cons

So far our offsite connections have been slow. I think that is more a problem on our end though.

Keith from North Pine Aggregate

I have been using estimate for the last 10 years

Pros

This software is easy to learn and very functional in Earthwork and Utility work. The support group is both timely and knowledgeable and eager to hear the customer's opinion.

Cons

I am colorblind and have a difficult time seeing the red text.

June 2015

Matt from Caracas Construction Corp.

June 2015

B2W Estimate

Pros

Streamlined system for estimating. The technical ability to control certain key portions of an estimate, with as much detail as I want.

Cons

The initial screen for creating a new job estimate. I would prefer one screen with all the questions.

December 2014

Mike from Ryan Incorporated Central

2.5

December 2014

Earthwork Estimates

Pros

The software is easy to use and is very functional. Most of the features I look for in putting together a bid are included in the software.

Cons

There is one issue I have with the vendor management. It is difficult to spread my HDPE pipe fittings out among different items. The software works, but the way we price and spread our fitting cost generates a lot of custom material codes within the resources. Another item that would be nice would be to be able to use formulas in some of the cells in the same way you can use formulas to calculate quantities in Excel.

March 2015

Jeff from Landmark Construction Co., Inc.

B2W Estimate

Pros

I am able to estimate projects the way I think, support is second to none, and it's always evolving and improving based on the user's feedback.

Cons

They don't have software for everything we do, simply because they do it so well.