• Pros

• "I can easily do all the estimating which allows others to be on site. "

• "It's easy to use, being able to upload the drawings and do the takeoffs has saved us heaps of time."

• "how easy it is to use, provide digital take off, purchase orders"

• Cons

• "I haven't had any issues with the system, they are constantly upgrading and making it more user friendly."

• "Buildxact lacks a detailed CRM tool but this can be covered by other additional applications. However, I do believe Buildxacts version is in production phase for release soon."

• "not a great fan of the schedule, im sure its easy to use as well but never got around to it. "

Browse Buildxact Reviews

Stephen from Shopfit co pty ltd

builder use

We absolutely love Build xact, it's not perfect for my individual desires but it sure does capture my needs in a massive way, we can't imagine operating without it now. there is nothing like being certain on your pricing when negotiating with clients and subbies, it puts you in such a more powerful position and takes away a lot of the stress

Pros

I love the take off tools and the ease of generating a quotation, it allows me to get ontop of pricing and take offs and the ability to calculate variations based off of subcontractors m2 rates without waiting for my subbies to get back to me is invaluable. also when entering the line items I love that it can allow me to add in a picture into the specifications so that my client knows exactly what products are included in my quote and it also gives me to option to nominate items as provisional costs or provisional sums at the click of a button further more, I can select if the item is a task in the schedule so I have the ease of generating a gannt chart as i go with little to no down time so when I submit my quote I know exactly how long I need to build.

Cons

overall they have captured everything well and the only items I dont like are some of the little bugs that come with developing such a great software such as: 1. I would like a little more functionality in the plan scaling section. 2. The RFQ's tie themselves to line items and can't be adjusted without deleting the RFQ's or overriding them manually 3. All RFQ's have to be tied to a Job, you can't send off rfq's once the project becomes a Job for further item shopping for savings nor can you issue the rfq to subbies without having to mess around with your Quotes and categories. 4. the project cost analysis only seems to work off of purchase orders and work orders, you can't just tally up numbers under line items such as fixings which may require 10=15 receipts so you need to create a purchase order to tally it up. also, you can only issue invoices in the cost plus projects for expenses worn and not preempt expenses which makes it impossible to issue invoices in a pro active manner to get the client paying the bill. 6. The gannt chart lacks the flexibility and function that I am used to from such programs as smart sheet (another great software that we use) 5. It would be great to have it as an app and in the future look at expanding the software to a fully integrated project management software similar to plan grid

Geoff from New Style Plaster

Product Review

I can now keep up with all quotes & take offs, time is saved massively! Not too mention I can attach all my contracts and save all my templates from all my suppliers, I love it!!

Pros

Keeping up with all our take offs, sending invoices/quotes etc

Cons

No iPhone app, so we can access all costings and other areas that you can from a PC, I have bookmarked the site so I have easy access to some areas of Builxact from my iPhone, thats the only improvement I can see what will make this software

Steve from ABN

Industry: Building Materials

Ease of use

Pros

how easy it is to use, provide digital take off, purchase orders

Chantel from Ripple Projects

not ready yet

The team was really great, they got us set up with a free trial. Ultimately it wasn't a great fit for our company.

Pros

the company and people are fantastic and are certainly head in the right direction with a lot of great ideas.

Cons

The program isn't quite ready for the level of detail I would prefer to provide to construction clients

Rob from Registered Builder Network

Simple & Effective software for Builders

Buildxact has been an extremely effective business support tool for our network of builders providing them virtually one place to run their business.

Pros

Buildxact is a comprehensive estimating and job tracking software package for builders and building companies of all sizes. It's simplicity of use yet effectiveness to cover nearly all aspects relatable to a construction project has made it the number choice for our network of builders which has positively impacted their businesses and lives.

Phillip from Zounis Constructions

Most Practical Builders Estimating and Quoting Software

Since Using Build Exact i have won more work. my business management has improved and able to stay on top of my estimates, its ease of use. professional quotes which make you stand out to others. Overall its the best Estimating/takeoff cloud based system. i highly recommend it to all business in the construction industry.

Pros

Ease of use Fast and easy to get the hang of it Simple takeoffs Makes Fantastic Automatic Quotes for your clients which make you stand out. Job Tracking and Management what else can i say its the all rounder package that has given me the advantage in winning more work

Steve from Outdoor Vision Landscaping

Product Review

10 out of 10

Pros

The ease of being able to transfer a price list to Build Xact and supply a formal quote all in one place is amazing. All integrated with Xero !!

Cons

Cannot see the final price figure including mark up, on the quoting system before opening the quote.

Luke from New Style Plaster Pty Ltd

Not Just For Builders !

Spot on !

Pros

We have customised this product to work specifically for Plastering ! Once set up correctly saves enormous work loads in quoting , purchase ordering , invoicing etc .

Cons

Not being able to manipulate some data fields to work with third party applications

Reon from Smith & Sons Renovations & Extensions

Reon Paterson, GM- Smith&Sons

outstanding.

Pros

We run a large franchise business across New Zealand and Australia. The fact that it is cloud based makes it very easy for us to use anywhere,anytime. I also like the team and their approach to listening closely to feedback from users, theyre always looking to improve the system.

Cons

Hard to say. The variation function is limited at times as you cant use recipes to price them up quickly.

Melinda from Sublime Developments QLD Pry Ltd

Efficient

Time Management is a breeze and the professional updates to my clients.

Pros

I can easily do all the estimating which allows others to be on site.

Cons

Havnt found much yet. Hopefully I don't.

Shane from Swan River Constructions

Just what we needed.

Buidxact has sped up our estimating and the templates we've created have made us a lot more efficient.

Pros

Cons

While it's not really a con, we already use a CRM and project management software for our jobs and cost tracking so these features aren't really relevant to us.