What are Buildxact users saying about the software?

Read what people like you have said about using Buildxact software through verified user reviews

• icon"The ease of being able to transfer a price​ list to Build Xact and supply a formal quote​ all in one place is amazing. All integrated​ with Xero."
  • icon"I like the seamless integration between Xero and buildxact."
  • icon"It ensures money is saved during the estimating process and margins are clearly identified. Buildxact streamlines efficiencies and frees up time for you to run the business."
  • icon"The variation function is limited at times as you cant use recipes to price them up quickly."
  • icon"There is no undo button when quoting or give me an option to lock a template, I accidentally deleted lines of my template and lost a lot of info."
  • icon"With cost plus’s Client reports are hard and timely, can’t print and show them cost tracking v estimate."

Browse all Buildxact Reviews

• Have you used Buildxact and would like to share your experience with others?

Stephen

builder use

We absolutely love Build xact, it's not perfect for my individual desires but it sure does capture my needs in a massive way, we can't imagine operating without it now. there is nothing like being certain on your pricing when negotiating with clients and subbies, it puts you in such a more powerful position and takes away a lot of the stress

Pros

I love the take off tools and the ease of generating a quotation, it allows me to get ontop of pricing and take offs and the ability to calculate variations based off of subcontractors m2 rates without waiting for my subbies to get back to me is invaluable. also when entering the line items I love that it can allow me to add in a picture into the specifications so that my client knows exactly what products are included in my quote and it also gives me to option to nominate items as provisional costs or provisional sums at the click of a button further more, I can select if the item is a task in the schedule so I have the ease of generating a gannt chart as i go with little to no down time so when I submit my quote I know exactly how long I need to build.

Cons

overall they have captured everything well and the only items I dont like are some of the little bugs that come with developing such a great software such as: 1. I would like a little more functionality in the plan scaling section. 2. The RFQ's tie themselves to line items and can't be adjusted without deleting the RFQ's or overriding them manually 3. All RFQ's have to be tied to a Job, you can't send off rfq's once the project becomes a Job for further item shopping for savings nor can you issue the rfq to subbies without having to mess around with your Quotes and categories. 4. the project cost analysis only seems to work off of purchase orders and work orders, you can't just tally up numbers under line items such as fixings which may require 10=15 receipts so you need to create a purchase order to tally it up. also, you can only issue invoices in the cost plus projects for expenses worn and not preempt expenses which makes it impossible to issue invoices in a pro active manner to get the client paying the bill. 6. The gannt chart lacks the flexibility and function that I am used to from such programs as smart sheet (another great software that we use) 5. It would be great to have it as an app and in the future look at expanding the software to a fully integrated project management software similar to plan grid

Harold

My Buildxact review

Estimate writing is much easier, and more reliable than previously done. I just tried another software package for 6 weeks. Had thought of making the change on based on monthly Pricing. What I have here may be a bit more per month, but the overall savings on time, reliability, presentation organization, is worth much more.

Pros

The ease of Authoring the Quote. Being able to create and add Categories and line items keeps the quotes organized and easy to review. I like my quotes to be presented chronologically as the work will be progressed. The ability to Move categories, and or individual items is great. And simple as this sounds, being able to insert a line where ever I want, is priceless.

Cons

I have only used this software for the writing of quotes. After 1.5 years of use, the only shortfall I have is to be able to total out individual items throughout the quote such as labor, materials, equipment.

Reasons for choosing Buildxact

The ability to organize the quote so that it presents better to the customer.

Reasons for switching to Buildxact

The formatting and functionality of writing quotes.

Jamie

April 2022

JAK Build

Great after sales services , and follow you up. Always looking to improve and up grade, asking for our thoughts and also testing some new ideas.

Pros

The integration with email, suppliers and other products is great. The client Portal is another good add on, you can also make suggestion for up grades

Cons

Some better training for the the more experienced users, look a t the schedule side of the program. Some subbies and rated the request quote side of things.

cheaper and Australian Made

Reasons for switching to Buildxact

not enough after sales service

harbi

They had Money guaranty but

it was ease to use CRM online but you no need spent money and time if you have some computer skills.. offering services and giving services is opposite. if you are professional constructor please do not give them chance to they get your 2 or more money without you permit. when you want to cancel your account and unsubscribe they can stall you!

Pros

They had give money guaranty premises but... (read cons)

Cons

I had try to learn and use for long time but it was waste money and time and customer service annoyed enough to make me crazy...

Gary

April 2022

Bx

Pros

The set out and ease of use is good. The take off allows for basic functions and calculations. Job control is good

Cons

Bx Has some annoying traits Take off is slow when a decent template is used. You have to go in and out of the take off for every item. The program basically shuts down by8:30 , 9pm and is useless. the email functions eg emailing Po's from the system are so unreliable that we don't use them. We save and email from outlook. The client portal is not very good and we are not using it. POs cant be ordered by supplier which is very annoying. Invoices get scrambled if you try to move the order.

Bruce

Buildxact - Estimating Game Changer

Estimates are so much quicker. I have been an estimator for over 20years and this system makes my job so much easier and faster.

Pros

The digital take-off is by far the best part of this software in my opinion. When linked to Recipes I can complete a full estimate far quicker then I ever have using other systems. Very easy to use and set up.

Cons

It woud be great if you could have a report while still in estimating stage of all Cost Centres with Recipes allocated, not being able to add more than one item at a time is a pain.

Reasons for choosing Buildxact

Cost, features & ease of use

Take-off's

Response from Buildxact

Thanks for such great feedback Bruce!

Replied March 2022

George

Continually Evolving

It has been a great product to help our company grow and is continually evolving and improving, the customer support is excellent. It was a little learning curve at the being but is definitely a case of short term pain for long term gain

Pros

It has systemised our quoting process, which speeds up our quote time, which leaves more time for project management and sales. We can produce extremely professional quotes now which include all the products we have allowed for so the clients and my team know exactly what they are getting

Cons

Integration with building suppliers in NZ isn't available yet but I believe this will come in due time. The client portal is quite cumbersome and I don't like the fact that we don't have control over this once it's set up. Manual inputting of supplier invoices can take some time The scheduling tool can be a bit of a pain to use and doesn't look very nice, an upgrade to this would be great

Reasons for choosing Buildxact

Based in Australia it was more suited to us in NZ also, other products were too USA focused The estimating software was a step above their competitors

Reasons for switching to Buildxact

very limited functionality and not user freindly

Response from Buildxact

Thanks for the feedback George.

Craig

Buildxact Review

Two thumbs up! It has significantly increased my productivity through decreasing the estimation and job management process. I spend less time in the office and more time on the tools and having a clod beer after a hard day!

Pros

Buildxact is a simple but powerful estimating and job management tool. It has basic CRM functionality that enables the management of leads within the program. The ease take off tool is simple and when combined with the recipes makes the complex quite easy. Building recipes is easy to do and the supplied videos quide you through the process. The other huge time saver is the integration of the software with supplier catalogues. I don't spend anywhere near as much time manually entering items and prices and they are now always up to date.

Cons

There is nothing really diffcult withe the program. If they could improve one thing it is the ability to truly customise the quote cover in a simple manner. The advanced editing feature is a little too complex and even with the help of one of the trainers we couldn't get it to jump through the hoops we wanted. The cover still looks a million bucks - I would just like to tweak it a little more than the system allows.

Reasons for choosing Buildxact

Cost, ease of use and the fact that it follows the building process. Well done guys its a cracking piece of software!

Reasons for switching to Buildxact

The estimating capability in CoConstruct is a tarted up spreadsheet and it costs twice as much. Now that Buildxact has a client portal to manage communications and jobs there was no reason not to switch.

Response from Buildxact

Thanks for the review Craig.

Richard

Build Exact user

Tracking of variations has been extremely useful especially as linked to the invoicing

Pros

All the features are useful and relevent

Cons

Clearer tracking of progress invoices from contractors and suppliers for part claims

Reasons for choosing Buildxact

Perceived understanding of building enviroment and fact that the product was going to keep evolving from our feed back

simplicity of using Build exact

Response from Buildxact

Hi, thank you for the great feedback and for using Buildxact.

Anthony

March 2022

Buildxact Review

It has some great features and functionality, but with time they will become more polished and more sophisticated to really shine to builders and then to clients.

Pros

The layout and options with the proposal template, professional looking

Cons

As exploded recipes are not available at estimating stage, it has not saved me as much time as I had anticipated.

Australian based

Sharon

May 2022

A Must For Quoting

They are always there for help if required and they are always looking for better ways to improve. Great software to have for quoting, time saving.

Pros

Takes a while to set up the way you want it but once this is done quoting is quick and easy

Cons

The cost - unless you are on the top package which is expensive you can't get the feeds

Not applicable

May 2022

Estimating made easy

Assist with providing professional tenders

Pros

I like the seamless integration between Xero and buildxact

Cons

Pricing is substantial but well worth it if saving time and winning jobs

Geoff

Product Review

I can now keep up with all quotes & take offs, time is saved massively! Not too mention I can attach all my contracts and save all my templates from all my suppliers, I love it!!

Pros

Keeping up with all our take offs, sending invoices/quotes etc

Cons

No iPhone app, so we can access all costings and other areas that you can from a PC, I have bookmarked the site so I have easy access to some areas of Builxact from my iPhone, that’s the only improvement I can see what will make this software

Reasons for choosing Buildxact

We use t sheets to keep track off all our employees but t sheets does not talk as well with Buildxact as we hoped for, the only app that does we trailed and didn’t match our criteria off keeping track of our profit and loss on each job,

Peter

Buildxact Review

Better platform than previous systems used, however is lacking in some areas

Pros

Cloud based system, modern system with a lot of potential to improve functionality. Really easy to measure and take off from plans

Cons

Communication regarding feedback on features to improve the system is lacking. It appears the easy features may be addressed while the harder ones are ignored. Cutting lists are not a current feature. Cannot put in future prices rises effective on a certain date

Reasons for switching to Buildxact

We felt that the constructive feedback we gave to improve the system was not considered

Response from Buildxact

Thanks for sharing your Buildxact feedback.

Leigh

Highly recommend

We can easily keep on-top of all variations, invoicing, and schedules - also keeping a track of job costs via purchase orders has been really beneficial.

Pros

Being able to upload all types of plans and the ease of measuring up complex projects.

Cons

The Variation forms would be much better if you could list/add 'Actual Cost' items after the variation has been made up. (if something was accidentally missed) Being unable to export screen shots to show trades certain areas of what we have allowed etc.

Reasons for switching to Buildxact

I found the other programs not as easy to use.

Response from Buildxact

Thanks for using Buildxact Leigh!

Luke

BuildXact Estimating

Excellent isnt a better package out there to suit my needs

Pros

Estimating ease of use, graphical takeoff, template creation

Cons

actual calculation functions to assist with cutting lists

ease of use

Reasons for switching to Buildxact

Needed a simpler easier to use product

Response from Buildxact

Thanks for the great feedback.

Scott

Making Life easier

Could not be happier with BuildXact and get really good feed back from clients and our accountant team

Pros

From tracking quotes, to take offs and organizing your quote in a professional way, to sending purchase orders and tracking your project to the cent, BuildXact is by far the best value for money estimating/project management software on the market.

Cons

The scheduling is a bit clunky in comparison to MS Project

Reasons for choosing Buildxact

one stop shop, Procore uses an external estimating software

Response from Buildxact

Thanks for your great feedback.

Joshua

Construction management made easy

Pros

I love that i never have to worry "did i send that order or book that tradie?" It is so easy to issue price requests, purchase orders, work orders and program my jobs/subbies and if i ever need to check that a task has been done i have the reassurance that the systems are in place to control all that communication.

Cons

The invoicing when completing cost plus projects could have more options and be more customisable.

Response from Buildxact

Thanks for the great feedback and for using Buildxact.

Replied September 2021

Great allrounder that keeps getting better

We are able to generate accurate reports + track the jobs a lot better

Pros

Buildxact has all the features we need to run and manage multiple building projects.

Cons

Take off function takes a while to get used to

Ease of deployment & simplicity

Wanted something web based

Response from Buildxact

Thanks for the great review!

Min

Overall good

Very good, would recommend to anyone that in this industry

Pros

Software - easy and useful. Service - 5 star services, solves all the issues we have ever.

Cons

Sometimes bugs still come out, most them have been resolved, but some we still have to pay attention too.

Reasons for switching to Buildxact

Cubit is very useful on doing the costings, but we prefer to combine the program management, contract admin and costing all in one place.

Response from Buildxact

Thanks for the great feedback.

Barry

Buildxact Experience

My overall experience with Buildxact is great.Estimates are Professional and build confidence in your clients. This program will help you win Quotes.

Pros

The product was easy to use. Uploading your company logo for branding was easy. This program is backed up by fantastic support which I accessed .

Cons

Could have smoother transition between estimate and invoice. Should be in same drop down box. Ex convert current estimate to invoice.

Reasons for choosing Buildxact

It took me very little time with some articles and bit of conversation to start putting out professional looking estimates, in total time a couple days and your up and running providing detailed Quotes

Reasons for switching to Buildxact

Buildxact was superior in functionality and ease of use. You cannot upload a print in CoConstruct and do take offs.

Response from Buildxact

Great to hear you're enjoying the software so much Barry.

Replied March 2022

Grant

Buildxact

The main benefit is that we can have processes in place to assist us with quoting clients homes

Pros

Great software and they are continually improving their service offering. Easy to do take offs and manipulate the software to your individual requirements. The support teams are great, always ready to help you and assist you in getting the most out of the software. They continually run sessions on their updates to ensure you are across them. All of their support are based in Melbourne and Australian owned company which is great for local business.

Cons

Their quoting system wasn't ideal at the start however they have just released a newer version and it's great.

Response from Buildxact

Thanks for the great feedback Grant. Thank you for using Buildxact.

Glenn

December 2021

Great work tool

Pros

Keeping my jobs costed and follow profit to each job

Cons

Nothing to mention, everything works as I need

Reasons for switching to Buildxact

Buildxact is web based and I can continue to do business even when I'm overseas

Response from Buildxact

Glad you're enjoying the software Glenn!

Steve

Industry: Building Materials

Ease of use

Pros

how easy it is to use, provide digital take off, purchase orders

Cons

not a great fan of the schedule, im sure its easy to use as well but never got around to it.

Reasons for switching to Buildxact

Databuild was extremely hard to use, it was made for estimators not builders

Rolf

Reveiw

Overall experiance has been great.

Pros

The take offs of plans is very quick and efficient.

Cons

cannot change quote template to replicate the rest of the company's documents and formats

Reasons for switching to Buildxact

To a more efficent platform

Response from Buildxact

Thanks for the review Rolf.

4.61/5 out of 92 reviews