• Pros

• "It's really easy to use . I like how it helps with prices and any questions I have I get a same day response. Very happy with software."

• "Keeps all my estimates organized. Great price for what you get. Customer service is awesome"

• "The fact that you have gone online is great. Not needing to backup my database is wonderful."

• Cons

• "My only request for a change is the ability to accept payments. I would also like a way to see more than 4 items on my list at a time. I really don't many complaints "

• "Some minor software updates could be done. A mobile version could also help a lot more small business. "

• "There is a number of things I would like to change to fit us better but it is excellent for the most part."

Browse Clear Estimates Reviews

Lynette from BC Construction of North Georgia

Super time saver

The customer service is outstanding. I had a one-on-one call with CSR to help with a few questions I had, and he was extremely helpful - patiently explaining those things I was confused about. With the new search feature, I am now extremely happy with this product and am very glad to have found it.

Pros

How much faster it is to put accurate estimates together. I also like ability to adjust the labor rates and hourly multiplier for bigger crews. The templates help make sure I don't miss including necessary parts to the proposals, and the ability to edit items for individual jobs is easy and convenient.

Cons

At this time, it does not integrate with QuickBooks Online, something that I have been told they are working toward. I found adding Alternates to the quote to be a little confusing with all the different areas that they can be entered, and still do to a certain extent.

Response from Clear Estimates

Replied November 2018

Hi Lynette! Thank you so much for the feedback. We're thrilled to hear you are enjoying the recent changes. Everything we have done is based on our customer feedback. The new search feature should allow for much faster estimating. Our Quickbooks online integration is coming very soon. Within the next couple weeks, actually! I'll have a member of our team reach out regarding alternates - we're happy to provide a more in depth explanation about those. - The Clear Estimates Team

Joel from Oneway Renovation and Construction Inc

Best investment in construction

The biggest benefit to this is having accurate quoting. Since I started using it, I was able to increase my profit margins from 10% to 30% and capture more clients along the way.

Pros

This is easily one of the best investments I have ever purchased. With quarterly pricing updates and customization proposal forms, it allows me to stand out from other companies with clear and professional quotes and bids. I've done over 100 bids on here and probably capture 80%-90% of the clients.

Cons

This doesn't have a simple feature to convert my quotes into itemized invoices once completed. If it had that feature, this would be all that I would need. It took a while to get used to and to modify for my needs (and I still need to change a few things), but once I got the templates set up, it was fine. Some of the categories use the wrong labor code so I have to pay attention, but that is relatively a small deal.

Reasons for Switching to Clear Estimates

This program had everything I needed specific to my industry. It required a lot less guesswork and allowed for more consistency.

Response from Clear Estimates

Replied November 2019

Thanks for taking the time to write this, Joel! It's great to hear the software has not only helped increase professionalism but also increase your margins! Our team is actually working on a feature to itemize invoicing. This is something we're very excited about and will let you know when it is active. Thanks again - The Clear Estimates Team.

Ricardo from JAS RENOVATION

Happy

I can estimate a price with out worry to check on material price at stores

Pros

Pricing updated , costumer support. Able to convert to a written estimate

Cons

Able to track a job proses , send invoice ,

marty from AJ Development LLC

Review Clear Estimates

Never heard about web based upgrade. was using old version till saw Wyatt's presentation using the upgraded system. Would have been nice to hear from CE that this was available. Much better application for my business.

Pros

Keeps me organized and on track, I dont miss anything on quote.

Cons

Very glitchy, many time need to get out of program and sign back in when it freezes or fails to respond

Response from Clear Estimates

Replied August 2016

Marty, thanks for writing us a review. I'm sorry that you were not notified when our software became cloud based. This is something we should have alerted you to. With that said, we are happy that our software keeps you on track and organized. Thank you for being such a loyal customer of Clear Estimates. - The Clear Estimates Team.

Grant from Leviathan Remodels LLC

Well-Designed Estimating Software for Small to Mid-Sized Construction Businesses

Clear Estimates has saved me countless hours over the past few months. I used Contractor Foreman previously and Clear Estimates may not include as many project management-related features, but it is far and away the better choice for putting together estimates, quotes, and project proposals.

Pros

Once you modify the provided tasks to fit the projects you do and the way you bid your work, Clear Estimates allows you to bid out the standard components of a project by the piece or by area. If you track the actual time and materials required to complete a particular component over many jobs and get an accurate figure for the per piece or per square foot cost, this method of bidding can save you a huge amount of time by allowing you to extrapolate from the number of pieces/area of the installation to an accurate estimate of the time and materials required. Once the library of pieces has been built out or adapted, you can create a finished estimate in a few minutes.

Cons

The system for adding sales tax to a proposal is a little clunky, but if you're familiar with the various tax rates in your work area, it's only a minor inconvenience.

Reasons for Choosing Clear Estimates

Although Buildertrend has a lot of impressive features, for a small remodeling company such as mine the small subset of those features that we could make good use of isn't worth the big price tag.

Reasons for Switching to Clear Estimates

Contractor Foreman was superior to trying to stick estimate projects, but it wasn't made to estimate jobs by area, which becomes more attractive as you collect data from previous projects to use to improve future bidding.

Kyle from H&H Architectural Solutions

Over all I am very satisfied with the program.

Pros

Easy to put together an estimate with in minutes.

Cons

Reports page needs more options. You should be able to put the disclaimer, project disruption etc... any where you would like. Right now it’s gets all jumbled at the top of e proposals.

Reasons for Choosing Clear Estimates

Price and easy to navigate

Reasons for Switching to Clear Estimates

Xactimate is not a user friendly software for estimating new construction.

Cabel from Pro Plus Services

Great product

This system is great for construction. This system has let me grow my business in a short period of time.

Pros

The pre loaded templates and tasks allowed me to go from putting out 3-5 estimates a day to 15-25 estimates a day.

Cons

Hate that you can not filter the customer list better. Here are some of the filter options I need. Filter customers to see who hasn't paid yet. Filter by approved, open and declined jobs.

Reasons for Choosing Clear Estimates

Referral from a colleague. No up front cost.

Robert from Custom Works

Great tool

Overall clear estimates has been extremely helpful building estimates and has saved time estimating projects

Pros

The customer service is excellent, website is easy to use and very customizable presents information in easy to use context.

Cons

I wish there was an option to use offline, some of the templates and parts are hard to find, I wish there were more parts and a different way to sort them or an alternate way to search phrases or components maybe smart assist estimate building like a questioner about the project being estimated then an ai suggest components to add or a way to review your estimate for errors.

Reasons for Switching to Clear Estimates

Joist was limited in estimate building with no parts catalog or templates.

John from Anchor Point L.L.C

Industry: Building Materials

Estimate review

Very easy and convient to use out in the field.

Pros

Cons

I won't let me send as a text message only email.

Reasons for Switching to Clear Estimates

It so much easier to use and makes more sense clearestimate. Alot more happy with this product.

David from Project honey do

Streamlining the biding process

I am very grateful for Clear Estimates. It has more than paid for itself in the past couple of months I have been using it. It has helped me realize how low my estimates have been. I am better able to test the market for the going rates on projects so that I can be more competitive with the current market without underselling myself.

Pros

Clear Estimates has made the estimation process of my business so much easier. I save a lot of time, now that I have learned how to navigate the software. I do so many different types of projects, it is hard to keep up with the changes in pricing of supplies as well as labor rates. Before using Clear Estimates, I would routinely underestimate the cost of materials and time necessary to complete a project. Clear Estimates has helped put me in a much better place financially.

Cons

The downside to Clear Estimates is that it takes a while to really understand what it is capable of doing, as well as how to adjust it to fit my needs when a project requires estimating something that the software doesn't contain. I have only been using it for a few months, so I am sure there are lots of things I have yet to understand, but being a small company, I don't really have the necessary time it would take to figure it all out.

Reasons for Choosing Clear Estimates

I chose Clear Estimates because it seemed to be the software that was best suited to my type of business, as well as not being so expensive that I didn't want to try it out.

Kim from Cruise Control LLC

Overall a good product

We have been overall happy with the program. It is really hard to teach someone new how to use it though. We have a new employee and there have been several huge mistakes that have costs our company money in the long run due to over seeing some things.

Pros

Produces estimates fast, great to keep track of jobs, easy to change estimates for customers, cuts down on the time spent on the estimate

Cons

The search function is not great at all. It take a long time and rarely find what you need. The organization of parts seems to not be consistent. Sometimes the removal of things are within the right categories and sometimes they are in a general category. It is very time consuming to have to look in both categories. It does not integrate with quickbooks, which would make sending estimates a lot easier. Right now we have to save to word and then go to email and select the document to send to a customer, very time consuming.

Response from Clear Estimates

Replied July 2016

Hi Kim, Thank you so much for taking the time for writing the review, we really appreciate it and glad you are generally happy with the product. I'll get in touch with you to hear more about the error you were talking about with your new employee. We're always looking for ways to improve the software so hearing about a problem like that will help us avoid it in the future. We also do integrate with Quickbooks, so I'll help you work through that. Jack Clear Estimates Support

Arnold from 5 Stars contracting

My Clear estimate review.

I've been using Clear estimates software for about 4 years and the Program is very compatible with other programs out there. What makes Clear estimate different is that it is user-friendly and the layout of the program is very professional. When I hand my estimate over to my customer it's very well laid out and detailed . What I like most about Clear estimate Besides it's layout it pretty much covers all the trades. But the best thing is that it's very affordable for contractors like me that runs a small business.

Pros

What I like most about this software is being able to set up Parts & Templates which makes putting together an estimate a lot faster which means you have more time to oversee your business.

Cons

The thing I least like about this software is not being able to use it for insurance work. What I mean by that is some jobs I get may be from insurance companies and the estimate might call for dehumidifiers and fans board ups stuff like that. But I can get by with it.

Kevin from KNL Construction Inc.

Great product it has helped my business.

I do not like the estimating side of my business cause I am bad at it and I tend to be optimistic which causes me to short myself in the long run. I started using this product to help me with the process to get estimates out faster and to know I am giving a good estimate that doesn't short me. It has helped me in that aspect for sure. The customer service is superb. There is this little icon u click and send them a msg with your questions and they get back to you in a timely fashion. The nice thing is the msg comes back in the program and they also send me an email. So if I am in the field working I know they have responded with an answer when I get the email. I love how you can email the estimate right from clear estimates and the estimate looks very professional. You can customize the formal estimate to how ever you like. Also if you don't like the prices they give you, you can easily adjust them for that estimate per item. Or you can customize that item to show up every time with your adjustment in price on every estimate. The customization to the items and pricing is endless. I have had to add very few new items they have so much to chose from already. The program is easy to use. I could teach my 11 year old to use it if I needed to. I have had nothing but great success using there program. They also give u a free trial to use it first. Take the free trial and try it you won't be dispointed. I am surprised this program does not cost more. I have made up for its cost monthly in the more money I am making due to its estimates. Thank you clearestimates.

Pros

Easy of use, price, use on any device, customer support, the quarterly updates for pricing, and formal look of the estimates, and being able to email the directly from clearestimates to my customers.

Cons

Does not import directly in to quickbooks online. If it did that it would be perfect for me. I prefer using quickbooks online so I can use the program from any where like clearestimates.

Response from Clear Estimates

Replied March 2017

Hi Kevin, Thank you for the review. It is our number one priority to help you win bids, and I am thrilled our software has helped you to do so. In the future, we do plan to integrate with QuickBooks online. We'll be sure to let you know when that happens. As always, let us know if any questions come up! - The Clear Estimates Team

Chuck from CTR Carpentry LLC

Worth every dollar!!!

I used this software when it first came out. Now it has come a long way on appearance and functionality. As far as learning a new software, the curve was easy for me. If you are a small contractor this is a must for speed of quoting and accuracy. Also with the reports function you look as professional as the big guys. If you want to step up your company, get Clear Estimates!!!

Pros

Easy to learn. Professional looking reports. The ease of updates prices for material and labor. Customer support is spot on. And the software was created by remodelers that understand the struggle. They are always striving to make the software better.

Cons

Response from Clear Estimates

Replied April 2017

Hi Chuck, Thank you for the review! We're happy to have you on board again. We are thrilled to hear you like the improvements we've made since you have been gone. We appreciate the kind words. Happy estimating!

Zack from Quality First Contractors

Only great experiences using Clear Estimates!

I've been a Clear Estimates subscriber for several years now and couldn't imagine what I'd do without the program.

Pros

I'm not very technologically advanced and struggle greatly with estimates as well. Clear estimates was as easy to work with as possible and the real selling point for me is their amazing customer service. I will never be great at using any software but several times I have emailed questions or called their customer support and I have always been able to speak with a live person who smoothly assists me through my issues. The quick response time is amazing and I have grown to count on their availability to help me with any issues and they have never let me down.

Cons

If I had to choose I guess I'd like it to be a bit cheaper but in all honesty it is a really good value and worth every cent. But who doesn't want everything a bit cheaper?

Response from Clear Estimates

Replied August 2018

Hi Zack! We appreciate you taking the time to write this. It's our priority to familiarize you with the program and to help you resolve any issues should they come up. It's great to hear our support staff has been helpful in doing so. Thank you for taking the time to write this and know that we will continue to provide you with the best tool we can. - The Clear Estimates Team

Mark from Mark Brandon Contracting

Perfect Answer to Estimating

Been with them from the start up , great customer service and always striving to make things better for remodeling estimating . We searched and tried many other software options for estimating our large projects , maintenance , and repairs and were pleased to find CE nailed it for quoting everything we do and almost instantly made our estimating chore quick and painless.

Pros

User Friendly / Excellent adjustable database / Easy to make proposal changes for re-submittal /Proposals that Clients Complement Every time

Cons

No Cons with this software , we adjusted to fit our needs .

Response from Clear Estimates

Replied November 2018

Hi Mark! Thank you for taking the time to write this. We've appreciated your support over the years. It means a lot to us to know that Clear Estimates has been a helpful solution for your estimating needs. We do our best to continually update the program based on customer feedback. We hope you are enjoying the new changes! - The Clear Estimates Team

Jason from Just Call Jason LLC

Great software for the technically challenged tradesman.

I am able to have faster turn around times on my quote generation for my potential new customers. I really like the invoice and payment options. Make running a business more streamlined and efficient.

Pros

I am not a very technical guy. I work in the trades and I can repair most anything. Clear estimates is easy for me to learn and use. The training videos are extremely helpful. If I can use this software to generate professional quotes anyone can. Anytime I have needed personal assistance over the phone they were always there for me. They want me to be successful using this software. It is very customizable to fit your business weather it be a Handyman/remodeling business or general construction.

Cons

Honestly the cons are all pointing at me the operator. I am learning as I go and not very good using any technology. I can use clear estimates and get better with it on every project.

Reasons for Choosing Clear Estimates

I was introduced to clear estimates about four years ago. I just started my business. At that time it was helpful for me but a big learning curve. Four years ago it was not as user friendly and I bailed on it. I am glad I came back. Clear estimates has really worked to improve there software and I am told new and great things are soon to be seen. I can’t wait. Honestly not sure how it can get any better. We will see.

July 2016

Sheen from Specialty Home Improvement, Inc.

July 2016

Easy to use, unassuming software for remodel estimating - Saves hours of work.

After using both the downloaded and cloud versions of this software for about 4 years, I can't imagine how I ever did without it. Previous to this we used QB to estimate our projects, which was a time consuming and tedious process that seemed like it always being done from the ground up on every project. Once the initial time of a 1/2 day to a day is invested to set this software up to fit your business needs, even the most complicated proposal or estimate can be completed in an hour or less, with many of our standard proposals being generated in 15-30 minutes.

Pros

Easy to use, great support, cloud storage

Cons

Little technical items like having to manually fill and delete lines in individual categories

Response from Clear Estimates

Replied August 2016

We are thrilled to hear that Clear Estimates has saved you hours of work, Sheen. You have been with us for a few years now and we appreciate your loyalty very much. Happy estimating! - The Clear Estimates Team

Walter from Marchand Brothers Construction LLC

Personal Review

I have used the software and do appreciate the way it does the calculation. There are some areas that could use improving. Most of my estimating is for outdoor structures and may be it is me but it is hard to find a set of items that I use in my work. We do structures for outside like water features, fire features, Pergolas... It may be because i do not know where to look to find these items. I know I can construct my own I just do not have the time. I have also found that the prices our a tad high for my region even though I use a local area for cost estimating. If it is possible for there to be an area for the above items to be added would be greatly appreciated. Enjoy using the software.

Pros

Help out a good bit in my estimating . Like how items are arranged in there categories. I need to attend a call to help me set up some of the line items listed above. Love how the customer support is always there to help!!!! Love the way that allows you to go in and change/manipulate the results.

Cons

Could have categories in other areas. What I do not like about the software has it benefits as well . When you input the customer info it draws on past results which is awesome but at the same time it can be a issue. Not that much of a bigge

Response from Clear Estimates

Replied August 2016

Thanks for the kind words, Walter. We are glad to hear that our software has improved your estimates. As you know, Clear Estimates is fully customizable, allowing you to create as many line items as you wish. I would be happy to set up a call with you to explain how to create some custom outdoor features. Be on the look out for an email. - The Clear Estimates Team.

Keith from Renovation Expertise, LLC

estimating basics

I bought this after trying several others. As a small business, I couldn't afford to spend a lot of money up front.

Pros

The estimates seem to be right on for both Materials costs and the labor hours. As my own fault, I don't put enough overhead in the projects.

Cons

I wish I could edit the markups on the alternates individually I wish I could print out the alternates in detail on a combined report, not separately . I wish the tree would expand based on specifics (more like a windows tree) as opposed to scrolling down the whole thing, then having to scroll back up to close. I wish there was some way to track the projects... i.e. bids submitted, waiting on customer. signed.. completed.

Response from Clear Estimates

Replied August 2016

Hi Keith, thanks for taking the time to review our software. We are happy to hear that Clear Estimates pricing is accurate for your area. Individual markups is something we would like to implement in the future. Thanks for the input. - The Clear Estimates Team

jarad from Poole Home Improvements

Fast setup, Easy to use, great support

I have used this software online with 5 different companies including my own its very easy to swap back and forth between companies.

Pros

Sign up, you online quickly and its super easy to setup and if you have a question you get an answer and you get it quick.

Cons

could use some more localized things added as different regions have different things they do due to weather for example.

Response from Clear Estimates

Replied September 2018

Hi Jarad! We appreciate your review. It's great to hear that our team has answered all of your questions as they come up. We're glad Clear Estimates has been useful for all of your business estimating needs. As far as local items, we'll will have a member of our team reach out to see if you have any suggestions for your specific area! - The Clear Estimates Team

Barry from Chesapeake Home Inspection & Improvement

Home Improvement Clear Estimate Review

This is the second time for me using Clear Estimates. After not using the program for a couple of years, I was surprised at the updates made, that made it easier and faster to develop my estimates, and the fact that the cost for the program had remained the same. The support and the new videos are fantastic. I have recommended it to several of my friends, who are also contractors. The nice thing is, the more you use it the faster and easier it gets. I do a lot of the same kind of jobs, and now all I need to do is copy an old estimate when doing a new one. I can see what I estimated on the old one that was high or low and make adjustments and if needed, add or subtract items as needed. This is really made easy with this program, and keeps my estimates more consistent. The Proposal and contract part of the program is great and can be customized with little time and effort. I highly recommend this program over the 3 others I have used. None were this complete or easy to use for the cost.

Pros

Easy to use, and cost.

Cons

I do Wish it had more small Home Improvement cost items.

Response from Clear Estimates

Replied March 2017

Hi Barry, We're happy you've found our support articles and videos to be helpful. We do our best to provide as many resources as we can to make sure our customers succeed. Thanks for the home improvement part suggestion - we will look into it. - The Clear Estimates Team

Jon from JD WEBB REMODELING

works FLAWLESSLY

I've been using "CLEAR ESTIMATES" for about 6 months. I put very little time into learning how to use this software, (I basically jumped right in) and the estimates get done flawlessly. If I have a question I go to the tutorial videos and they walk me right thru it, and if there's a question I can't find an answer to. (Hasn't happened yet) I can press the question mark at the bottom of the page and there's someone from "Clear Estimates" there to answer. They did quite a job building this software and putting all the videos and webinars together. I should also add, the videos and webinars are free. I started out using a different estimating software, from a well known company. It was a huge headache. There was zero support, No training videos, just a class that was available once every 6 months for $500. They can't hold a candle to "Clear Estimates" last estimating software you'll ever need.

Pros

Professional looking, easy to use. VERY EFFECTIVE

Response from Clear Estimates

Replied October 2016

Hi Jon, thanks for the kind words! We are so glad to have had you on board for the last several months. Happy estimating! - The Clear Estimates Team

Alan from Pepper Creek Development

The Good the Bad and the Ugly

Response time to some questions is lengthy. Some functions don't work as easy as you would think. Accessing the drop down box on current customers I challenging, you hit the drop down arrow for the customer list and the list goes away. You have to continue to hit the drop down arrow.

Pros

Easy add change orders and change prices

Cons

Payment schedule sometimes doesn't stay changed when you go back and forth on different job project.

Response from Clear Estimates

Replied August 2016

Alan, thanks for taking the time to write us a review. Since we are now cloud based, our software is constantly being updated. Look out for a refined customer search feature soon. - The Clear Estimates Team

Wes from Ballinger Custom Construction Inc

July 2016

Clear Estimates software review from Wes Ballinger.

The software works great. The templates are very good, but it is also very easy to customize. I am very happy to have the service.

Pros

Cons

I really don't have any complaints.

Response from Clear Estimates

Replied February 2017

Hi Wes, Thank you for the review. We strive to provide you with a great estimating tool. When you have success, we do to!

Corey from Finding Time Contracting

Great Etimating Software

We have easily conquered the estimating cross training, easy access from any computer, built in adjustable pricing., as a result, of saving time estimating, we are seeing increased closing rates

Pros

I switched from Xactremodel about 6 months ago, and as a small growing business, I can much easier train Clear Estimate software to other coworkers, plus it is web based which makes it very convenient for any user to access from a web browser. I was a fairly smooth transition, As Clear Estimates is very easy to use. In reference to how the estimating function works it is fantastic. I am able to set my labor rates and multiply by fractions of the hour-the ability to manipulate the clean template make its very easy for our customers to read and understand, as a result, I believe my closing rates have increased by roughy 10%.

Cons

I really can not think of anything I do not like. Sorry, but I love Clear Estimates

Response from Clear Estimates

Replied October 2018

Hi Corey! It's great to hear Clear Estimates has become a useful tool for your remodeling company. It is stories like yours that keep us going. We strive to offer an easy to use, functional and valuable tool and are glad you have found it to be so. Keep up the good estimating and let us know if any questions come up! - The Clear Estimates Team

August 2016

Howard from Simons Brothers Inc.

Clear Estimates Review

I am a long time user and have been using Clear Estimates since the first revision. I am very happy with the updates, modifications made over the years. Customer support is the best of any SW company I have ever done business with!

Pros

Ease of use, able to put estimate together in a modular form. Jack in customer support.

Cons

I would like to better control the boiler plate items.

Response from Clear Estimates

Replied August 2016

Howard, thank you so much for your support over the years. We're very happy to hear that CE is working well for you. Take care. - The Clear Estimates Team.

Richard from Do'It Right Construction

September 2016

Clear Estimates is number 1 of it's kind!

Pros

This software site has a definite ease of accessibility, you can quickly visit the app and input customer information and pull up a detail proposal on you project in a respectively short amount of time

Cons

Only real drawback I've seen is that the templates and available data need to be added to. There is a mountain of data available to provide quotes on projects but there could be much much more, I've many times run into a situation where that pricing simply isn't here. However this app is the best in it's field based on price, accessibility, and output of the required paperwork once you've properly setup your account with your personal information.

Dave from Alvey Services

Time saver software

We went from producing our own excel sheets to the Clear Estimates program. What a difference that made in time savings to produce estimate, as well as producing a more accurate estimate.

Pros

There is a huge database of options with fairly accurate starting points for labor estimates. We are "Jacks of all Trades", so it's difficult to estimate labor without these guidelines.

Cons

I need to educate myself more on templates for time savings. I'm looking forward to watching the free Webinars to learn how to set these templates up.

Response from Clear Estimates

Replied August 2016

Dave, it seems that many of our clients have switched over from excel spreadsheets. We're glad you are finding our software much more helpful and easier to use. Take advantage of those templates! Thanks for your time with us. - The Clear Estimates Team

Michael from Bel Air Construction

Review of software

I have recommended you to Residential Services of Tulsa - not sure if they are using your software ****

Pros

Ease of use and easy to train - great access - very little trouble with the functionality - support is very good

Cons

Very little customization in the reports

Response from Clear Estimates

Replied August 2016

Glad to hear that you have found our simple and easy to use design of the software helpful, Michael. Also, thanks for the feedback in relation to the reports section, it is great to hear about our customer's specific needs. We will dive a bit deeper into this issue, be on the lookout for an email from us. - The Clear Estimates Team

July 2016

John from Kiernan Remodeling & Design, Inc.

Best So Far

I don't don't think any estimating program out there is exactly a perfect fit, but this this one comes as close as I've tried.

Pros

Flexibility, customizable, great support and now on the cloud.

Cons

Response from Clear Estimates

Replied February 2017

Hi John, Thanks for the kind words. We're glad you find the flexibility and customization of Clear Estimates useful.

Terry from Builtrue Construction Corp

Overall good estimating software but lacks estimating for larger projects.

Pros

Easy to learn and use then customize the quotes. Does feature pre-built estimate groups for certain projects. Customer support is great, and after hours questions or concerns are addressed first thing next morning.

Cons

Spend a lot of time adding custom line items. Prices for planning and permitting are grossly underestimated, planning is about half of what it should be and permitting is a third of what it should be. Online based so it becomes slow at times when the servers have a lot of users on at the same time.

August 2015

Howard from Simons Brothers Inc

August 2015

I have used this product for greater than 8 years.

Pros

I have enjoyed the added features which have evolved over time. The product support team is great! hey actually listen to the voice of the customer and have continuous exchange of dialog. I don't believe I have experienced this much with software companies. Just recently i borrowed a tablet with a keyboard and brought it with me to look at a potential job. I was able to quickly generate the majority of the estimate in real time. When I returned to my office, I completed within 1/2 hour. Saved myself alot of time. Using touch screen also helps moving around.

Cons

For the online version, I would like to be able to save a local copy of the data base and use it off line. If i can

Patrick from Rescue Renovations, LLC.

Professional estimating made easy.

Clear Estimates has helped my company write many estimates with ease. A simple drop down menu brings up categories and itemized lists of many things we never considered billing individually for. This has made our proposals look more professional, and has helped close a good amount of projects. I would highly recommend Clear Estimates to anyone looking for a simplified, more professional way to write proposals.

Pros

Easy to use drop down menus. Itemized job descriptions.

Cons

Would love to see a better way to calculate payments, and send paid in full receipts to customers.

Response from Clear Estimates

Replied February 2017

Hi Patrick, Our team is happy to hear you are writing estimates with ease. Also, thank you for those suggestions, we will take them into account!

Sharon from Charles R White Construction Inc.

What I Was Looking For

After setting up our company info and playing with it a bit, I had a few issues to work out. I was able to call and have someone walk me through what I had missed in instructions. I like the formatting of the invoices and this is what I was looking for.

Pros

Ease of use once the company basic info has been set up.

Cons

Monthly fee is a little pricey for smaller companies like ours.

Reasons for Choosing Clear Estimates

Clear Estimates had more flexibility in editing the final reports and better templates than other software I was considering.

Reasons for Switching to Clear Estimates

It just was not very functional.

Response from Clear Estimates

Replied July 2019

Hi Sharon! Thank you for taking the time to review Clear Estimates. It's great to hear you found the program you were looking for. We focus on ease of use and ability to produce accurate, professional bids. I'm glad our support team was able to help you get started. Please let us know if you have any questions! - The Clear Estimates Team

Brad from Kosh Construction

Great Software

I use Clear estimates for all my bids and find it is extremely helpful in saving time on my bids. Not only can I use the pricing built in to the software, but if I have something a bit more custom I need to price, I can customize as needed. Whenever I've had questions, they've always been quick to respond and very helpful in bringing me up to speed.

Pros

ease of accessibility from any device

Cons

limited descriptions of work or material items (parts)

Response from Clear Estimates

Replied March 2017

Hi Brad, Thanks for the feedback. We very happy to hear Clear Estimates has been a useful tool for your company. Thank you for you continued support! - The Clear Estimates Team

Jerry from Urban Upkeep LLC

Great software getting better everyday!!!

Pretty good for the most part.

Pros

This software is cloud based and pretty easy to use once you get the hang of it. The search engine within the data base is pretty good too. If you have a question you can chat with the folks that actually know what they are talking about. The best software I have used to date.

Cons

I would like to see the search engine get a little better. When searching it seems to give me too much information which is not much better than just searching each section.

Response from Clear Estimates

Replied August 2018

Hi Jerry! Thanks for taking the time to write this. We're glad to hear our support staff has been helpful in assisting with any questions or requests. We are actually in the middle of improving our search feature and plan to have something live soon. We think this will be a big help! Thanks again, Jerry. - The Clear Estimates Team

kimberlie from Lucky Lew LLC

New kid in town

Since opening my buisness Jan 2020 . This has been my saving grace. Thank you for the free.trial thank you for writing a program I can learn on the fly . I love it

Pros

I would describe this software as organized and simple. Being an electrical contractor the ease of converting this program into what I need was easy. Any questions I had either my teenager would figure it out for me or an email to Support and they are back with you that day sometimes within the hour. Very friendly and they speak on my level.

Reasons for Switching to Clear Estimates

I gave about 15 programs a try as soon as I could not get help and could not figure out the program it was gone. I have not so much as experienced a glitch with Clear Estimates.

Ryan from Turner Carpentry

Great software

I have had great success with the software. I like how I can log on anywhere and pull up an estimate

Pros

Cons

There are so many more things that need to be added to the database. I use xactimate for insurance losses but id like to be able to use this software as xactimate is very pricey

Response from Clear Estimates

Replied August 2016

Hi Ryan, thanks for taking the time to write us a review. We are glad to hear our software is having a positive effect on your estimating process. - The Clear Estimates Team

Cirilo from ECR GROUP SERVICES LLC

Clear estimates software

I recommend this software to everyone who is any kind of business very easy to use does not need any training

Pros

I have to type anything I just select what I need and all price out labor and materials in the best software

Cons

I do my estimates in five minutes and I am very happy with it and the customer services is very high quality when I ask a question I get the answer right away.

Todd from RnT Construction

Detailed Awesomeness!!!!!

Professional looking auto generated proposals

Pros

It puts everything automatically together saving me hours of typing, organizes my many projects and helps me every step along the way. The customer support is on point helping answer my 100's of questions to make me look like a pro!

Cons

The rates are off significantly for the auto generated lines but makes it somewhat easy to change them. Just that I have to do it for every single thing is a pain and the changes are not saved for future drafts. But i would have to do that anyways on my own so there is no real Cons

Response from Clear Estimates

Replied October 2017

Hi Todd - We're thrilled you are finding Clear Estimates to be a helpful and professional program! Whenever questions come up, we do our best to answer them in a timely manner. As far as your pricing, it's possible you are not updated to your local area. We are going to reach out to make sure your pricing is accurate. Look for an email from us shortly. - The Clear Estimates Team

Randy from TruBlue Total Housecare

Well put together estimating program.

I've been happy with it, the cost is a bit high for the amount of bids that I am currently doing, but I'm sure that will change over time.

Pros

Having not come to the business with an extensive construction background, this program has been very useful is establishing a benchmark for my work bids.

Cons

Learning the terminology...some is not intuitive.

Response from Clear Estimates

Replied August 2019

Hi Randy. Thanks for taking the time to write this. It's great to hear Clear Estimates has been helpful, even for someone with limited remodeling estimating experience. As far as terminology goes, please feel free to clarify anything with us. Just send over some terms you are not familiar with to support@clearestimates.com and we would be happy to assist. As far as pricing goes, we do offer year-long plans that provide a 20% discount. We also never restrict the number of estimates any of our customers can create, something very helpful for when estimate volume increases! Thanks again. - The Clear Estimates Team

Ceolus from Monetic Solutions Inc.

My experience using the clear estimates software okay or not...?

Pros

I think it has a lot of potential. The ability to take information and plug it into a pdf or word document is great. The basic functions are easy to move around and the overall system is straightforward.

Cons

The issue I have with it is the materials/supply markups. I think it could a whole lot easier to get updated product cost for an area and use it in the estimate. Every time I used it the price was always off even from the smallest supplies. It scared me so I could trust the software...

Aristede from Renovation Professionals LLC

Nothing more nothing less

As we say in New Orleans “Easy Breezy”

Pros

It meets my need 100%. I can store customer info and pull up in field.

Cons

There’s nothing to dislike about it. I knew what I was looking for in an estimating software program and Clear Estimates was the perfect collaboration.

Reasons for Switching to Clear Estimates

No organization and no ease of use

Richard from Do'It Right Construction

Clear Estimates

Try it, youll love it!

Pros

Cheap and Easy to use, and can quickly put together your quote pre-written data base is included with your monthly subscription.

Cons

Needs just a little more added to its data base in way of simplistic handyman project's and more added to the template section.

Cory from SoCo Construction

Great product

Overall happy with products. Just have a few kinks they can work out.

Pros

They continually update cost of materials

Cons

The invoicing could be more user friendly. The proposal is already done and payment schedule is already in so i would like for the invoice to already be ready. I have tongo back in and insert numbers. Somewhqt annoying but its better than most. Just think for the cost that part could be improved on.

Response from Clear Estimates

Replied July 2019

Hi Cory! We appreciate the review. It's great you are finding the updated material pricing useful. We do our best to provide you with accurate information when creating bids. As far as invoices go, we are actually in the process of updating those. Soon, you should see additional functionality that improves how invoices are created and what is included. Be on the lookout! - The Clear Estimates Team

Neal from Neal Ragan Construction, Inc.

I was having trouble getting to my past files, customer service agent jumped in and responded immediately and helped.

One of the nice things is to be able to see materials and labor calculated at the same time and see the mark up as well. Normally you have to do these things separately. These figures are generally on the money. Some one has put a lot of work into this program.

Pros

It's very thorough and professional looking. I'm still learning to use the program. I'm not the most computer savvy. so far I have not lost money with the estimates I have done.

Cons

Sometimes I have trouble finding the topics I need, or have to sort through a lot to find the one I need. I time hope to be faster at that part.

Response from Clear Estimates

Replied August 2017

Hi Neal - Thanks for the kind words. We do our best to help our clients through the learning process. When searching for a part, I would recommend using the "search" feature, allowing you to type in key words that relate to a part. This might help save you some time. Material and labor calculation is one of our favorite parts of Clear Estimates. It allows you simply enter the amount of something you need, not worrying about calculations. Please do let us know if any other questions come up! - The Clear Estimates Team

Brian from Build It Right Carpentry

Raise your profit margins with Clear Estimates

I was a little skeptical about switching to a new estimating software program but I am glad I did. This software is everything a contractor could every want and everyone needs.

Pros

The best things about this software is the quick learning curve, faster estimating, and detail estimates for you and your customers. The monthly fee is well worth the value and more for this software.

Cons

I wish this software could sync between other software systems but there are ways to work around that.

Response from Clear Estimates

Replied August 2016

Brian, so glad you decided to switch over to Clear Estimates! We pride ourselves on being a simple and easy to use software and are excited you have found it to be just that. Thanks for the kind words. - The Clear Estimates Team

Craig from Almar Building and Remodel

September 2016

Been using C.E. since the beginning

Pros

This product too our company easily from doing estimates on a "yellow legal pad" to a customized software that makes our proposals look more professional than any of our competitors.

Cons

Wish that you could have multiple logins to the same parts catalog.

Eric T. from Renaissance Enterprises, LLC

Very helpful for bidding jobs!

Accurate job estimates with detailed pricing and flexibility. Up to date pricing info. Professional estimates.

Pros

The constantly updated materials and labor costs based on my geographical area is invaluable! I also like the flexibility to adjust pricing.

Cons

Can be a bit time consuming putting all the bid pieces together. Would also like to see an invoicing option based on the bid.

Response from Clear Estimates

Replied November 2017

Hi Eric. Thanks for taking the time to write this. We're thrilled to hear our up to date pricing is helping you win bids. It's also nice to hear that you have been able to customize bids to fit each specific project. Just a few weeks ago, we did release a Pro version of Clear Estimates. Pro allows you to invoice for each bid you create. We would be happy to enroll you in a free trial of Pro should you be interested. Thanks again, Eric. Take care! - The Clear Estimates Team