All Clear Estimates Reviews

Kevin

Construction

Reviewed March 2017

Great product it has helped my business.

I do not like the estimating side of my business cause I am bad at it and I tend to be optimistic which causes me to short myself in the long run. I started using this product to help me with the process to get estimates out faster and to know I am giving a good estimate that doesn't short me. It has helped me in that aspect for sure. The customer service is superb. There is this little icon u click and send them a msg with your questions and they get back to you in a timely fashion. The nice thing is the msg comes back in the program and they also send me an email. So if I am in the field working I know they have responded with an answer when I get the email. I love how you can email the estimate right from clear estimates and the estimate looks very professional. You can customize the formal estimate to how ever you like. Also if you don't like the prices they give you, you can easily adjust them for that estimate per item. Or you can customize that item to show up every time with your adjustment in price on every estimate. The customization to the items and pricing is endless. I have had to add very few new items they have so much to chose from already. The program is easy to use. I could teach my 11 year old to use it if I needed to. I have had nothing but great success using there program. They also give u a free trial to use it first. Take the free trial and try it you won't be dispointed. I am surprised this program does not cost more. I have made up for its cost monthly in the more money I am making due to its estimates. Thank you clearestimates.

PROS

Easy of use, price, use on any device, customer support, the quarterly updates for pricing, and formal look of the estimates, and being able to email the directly from clearestimates to my customers.

CONS

Does not import directly in to quickbooks online. If it did that it would be perfect for me. I prefer using quickbooks online so I can use the program from any where like clearestimates.

Hi Kevin, Thank you for the review. It is our number one priority to help you win bids, and I am thrilled our software has helped you to do so. In the future, we do plan to integrate with QuickBooks online. We'll be sure to let you know when that happens. As always, let us know if any questions come up! - The Clear Estimates Team

Replied March 2017

Kim

Overall a good product

We have been overall happy with the program. It is really hard to teach someone new how to use it though. We have a new employee and there have been several huge mistakes that have costs our company money in the long run due to over seeing some things.

PROS

Produces estimates fast, great to keep track of jobs, easy to change estimates for customers, cuts down on the time spent on the estimate

CONS

The search function is not great at all. It take a long time and rarely find what you need. The organization of parts seems to not be consistent. Sometimes the removal of things are within the right categories and sometimes they are in a general category. It is very time consuming to have to look in both categories. It does not integrate with quickbooks, which would make sending estimates a lot easier. Right now we have to save to word and then go to email and select the document to send to a customer, very time consuming.

Hi Kim, Thank you so much for taking the time for writing the review, we really appreciate it and glad you are generally happy with the product. I'll get in touch with you to hear more about the error you were talking about with your new employee. We're always looking for ways to improve the software so hearing about a problem like that will help us avoid it in the future. We also do integrate with Quickbooks, so I'll help you work through that. Jack Clear Estimates Support

Replied July 2016

marty

Review Clear Estimates

Never heard about web based upgrade. was using old version till saw Wyatt's presentation using the upgraded system. Would have been nice to hear from CE that this was available. Much better application for my business.

PROS

Keeps me organized and on track, I dont miss anything on quote.

CONS

Very glitchy, many time need to get out of program and sign back in when it freezes or fails to respond

Marty, thanks for writing us a review. I'm sorry that you were not notified when our software became cloud based. This is something we should have alerted you to. With that said, we are happy that our software keeps you on track and organized. Thank you for being such a loyal customer of Clear Estimates. - The Clear Estimates Team.

Arnold

Reviewed February 2017

My Clear estimate review.

I've been using Clear estimates software for about 4 years and the Program is very compatible with other programs out there. What makes Clear estimate different is that it is user-friendly and the layout of the program is very professional. When I hand my estimate over to my customer it's very well laid out and detailed . What I like most about Clear estimate Besides it's layout it pretty much covers all the trades. But the best thing is that it's very affordable for contractors like me that runs a small business.

PROS

What I like most about this software is being able to set up Parts & Templates which makes putting together an estimate a lot faster which means you have more time to oversee your business.

CONS

The thing I least like about this software is not being able to use it for insurance work. What I mean by that is some jobs I get may be from insurance companies and the estimate might call for dehumidifiers and fans board ups stuff like that. But I can get by with it.

Chuck

Construction

Reviewed April 2017

Worth every dollar!!!

I used this software when it first came out. Now it has come a long way on appearance and functionality. As far as learning a new software, the curve was easy for me. If you are a small contractor this is a must for speed of quoting and accuracy. Also with the reports function you look as professional as the big guys. If you want to step up your company, get Clear Estimates!!!

PROS

Easy to learn. Professional looking reports. The ease of updates prices for material and labor. Customer support is spot on. And the software was created by remodelers that understand the struggle. They are always striving to make the software better.

CONS

Some minor software updates could be done. A mobile version could also help a lot more small business.

Hi Chuck, Thank you for the review! We're happy to have you on board again. We are thrilled to hear you like the improvements we've made since you have been gone. We appreciate the kind words. Happy estimating!

Replied April 2017

Ryan

Used less than 2 years

Reviewed January 2021

Co owner

I didnt care for it. It become to time consuming.

PROS

I thought it was easy to use. AAnyone with a pick up truck and a slap on magnet can use it.

CONS

Needs to have trade specific software and Brand pricing.

Reasons for switching to Clear Estimates

Trade specific all real time pricing and thousands of preloaded branded items.

Reviewed November 2018

Perfect Answer to Estimating

Been with them from the start up , great customer service and always striving to make things better for remodeling estimating . We searched and tried many other software options for estimating our large projects , maintenance , and repairs and were pleased to find CE nailed it for quoting everything we do and almost instantly made our estimating chore quick and painless.

PROS

User Friendly / Excellent adjustable database / Easy to make proposal changes for re-submittal /Proposals that Clients Complement Every time

CONS

No Cons with this software , we adjusted to fit our needs .

Hi Mark! Thank you for taking the time to write this. We've appreciated your support over the years. It means a lot to us to know that Clear Estimates has been a helpful solution for your estimating needs. We do our best to continually update the program based on customer feedback. We hope you are enjoying the new changes! - The Clear Estimates Team

Replied November 2018

Jason

Reviewed March 2020

Great software for the technically challenged tradesman.

I am able to have faster turn around times on my quote generation for my potential new customers. I really like the invoice and payment options. Make running a business more streamlined and efficient.

PROS

I am not a very technical guy. I work in the trades and I can repair most anything. Clear estimates is easy for me to learn and use. The training videos are extremely helpful. If I can use this software to generate professional quotes anyone can. Anytime I have needed personal assistance over the phone they were always there for me. They want me to be successful using this software. It is very customizable to fit your business weather it be a Handyman/remodeling business or general construction.

CONS

Honestly the cons are all pointing at me the operator. I am learning as I go and not very good using any technology. I can use clear estimates and get better with it on every project.

Reason for choosing Clear Estimates

I was introduced to clear estimates about four years ago. I just started my business. At that time it was helpful for me but a big learning curve. Four years ago it was not as user friendly and I bailed on it. I am glad I came back. Clear estimates has really worked to improve there software and I am told new and great things are soon to be seen. I can’t wait. Honestly not sure how it can get any better. We will see.

Sheen

Reviewed July 2016

Easy to use, unassuming software for remodel estimating - Saves hours of work.

After using both the downloaded and cloud versions of this software for about 4 years, I can't imagine how I ever did without it. Previous to this we used QB to estimate our projects, which was a time consuming and tedious process that seemed like it always being done from the ground up on every project. Once the initial time of a 1/2 day to a day is invested to set this software up to fit your business needs, even the most complicated proposal or estimate can be completed in an hour or less, with many of our standard proposals being generated in 15-30 minutes.

PROS

Easy to use, great support, cloud storage

CONS

Little technical items like having to manually fill and delete lines in individual categories

We are thrilled to hear that Clear Estimates has saved you hours of work, Sheen. You have been with us for a few years now and we appreciate your loyalty very much. Happy estimating! - The Clear Estimates Team

jarad

Reviewed September 2018

Fast setup, Easy to use, great support

I have used this software online with 5 different companies including my own its very easy to swap back and forth between companies.

PROS

Sign up, you online quickly and its super easy to setup and if you have a question you get an answer and you get it quick.

CONS

could use some more localized things added as different regions have different things they do due to weather for example.

Hi Jarad! We appreciate your review. It's great to hear that our team has answered all of your questions as they come up. We're glad Clear Estimates has been useful for all of your business estimating needs. As far as local items, we'll will have a member of our team reach out to see if you have any suggestions for your specific area! - The Clear Estimates Team

Replied September 2018

Alan

The Good the Bad and the Ugly

Response time to some questions is lengthy. Some functions don't work as easy as you would think. Accessing the drop down box on current customers I challenging, you hit the drop down arrow for the customer list and the list goes away. You have to continue to hit the drop down arrow.

PROS

Easy add change orders and change prices

CONS

Payment schedule sometimes doesn't stay changed when you go back and forth on different job project.

Alan, thanks for taking the time to write us a review. Since we are now cloud based, our software is constantly being updated. Look out for a refined customer search feature soon. - The Clear Estimates Team

Best So Far

I don't don't think any estimating program out there is exactly a perfect fit, but this this one comes as close as I've tried.

PROS

Flexibility, customizable, great support and now on the cloud.

CONS

There is a number of things I would like to change to fit us better but it is excellent for the most part.

Hi John, Thanks for the kind words. We're glad you find the flexibility and customization of Clear Estimates useful.

Replied February 2017

Patrick

Reviewed February 2017

Professional estimating made easy.

Clear Estimates has helped my company write many estimates with ease. A simple drop down menu brings up categories and itemized lists of many things we never considered billing individually for. This has made our proposals look more professional, and has helped close a good amount of projects. I would highly recommend Clear Estimates to anyone looking for a simplified, more professional way to write proposals.

PROS

Easy to use drop down menus. Itemized job descriptions.

CONS

Would love to see a better way to calculate payments, and send paid in full receipts to customers.

Hi Patrick, Our team is happy to hear you are writing estimates with ease. Also, thank you for those suggestions, we will take them into account!

Replied February 2017

kimberlie

Reviewed November 2020

New kid in town

Since opening my buisness Jan 2020 . This has been my saving grace. Thank you for the free.trial thank you for writing a program I can learn on the fly . I love it

PROS

I would describe this software as organized and simple. Being an electrical contractor the ease of converting this program into what I need was easy. Any questions I had either my teenager would figure it out for me or an email to Support and they are back with you that day sometimes within the hour. Very friendly and they speak on my level.

CONS

My only request for a change is the ability to accept payments. I would also like a way to see more than 4 items on my list at a time. I really don't many complaints

Reasons for switching to Clear Estimates

I gave about 15 programs a try as soon as I could not get help and could not figure out the program it was gone. I have not so much as experienced a glitch with Clear Estimates.

Todd

Reviewed October 2017

Detailed Awesomeness!!!!!

Professional looking auto generated proposals

PROS

It puts everything automatically together saving me hours of typing, organizes my many projects and helps me every step along the way. The customer support is on point helping answer my 100's of questions to make me look like a pro!

CONS

The rates are off significantly for the auto generated lines but makes it somewhat easy to change them. Just that I have to do it for every single thing is a pain and the changes are not saved for future drafts. But i would have to do that anyways on my own so there is no real Cons

Hi Todd - We're thrilled you are finding Clear Estimates to be a helpful and professional program! Whenever questions come up, we do our best to answer them in a timely manner. As far as your pricing, it's possible you are not updated to your local area. We are going to reach out to make sure your pricing is accurate. Look for an email from us shortly. - The Clear Estimates Team

Replied October 2017

Randy

Reviewed August 2019

Well put together estimating program.

I've been happy with it, the cost is a bit high for the amount of bids that I am currently doing, but I'm sure that will change over time.

PROS

Having not come to the business with an extensive construction background, this program has been very useful is establishing a benchmark for my work bids.

CONS

Learning the terminology...some is not intuitive.

Hi Randy. Thanks for taking the time to write this. It's great to hear Clear Estimates has been helpful, even for someone with limited remodeling estimating experience. As far as terminology goes, please feel free to clarify anything with us. Just send over some terms you are not familiar with to support@clearestimates.com and we would be happy to assist. As far as pricing goes, we do offer year-long plans that provide a 20% discount. We also never restrict the number of estimates any of our customers can create, something very helpful for when estimate volume increases! Thanks again. - The Clear Estimates Team

Replied August 2019

Richard

Reviewed September 2017

Clear Estimates

Try it, youll love it!

PROS

Cheap and Easy to use, and can quickly put together your quote pre-written data base is included with your monthly subscription.

CONS

Needs just a little more added to its data base in way of simplistic handyman project's and more added to the template section.

Cory