Browse Contractor Foreman Reviews

Ron from The Light Electrical Services

Easy to use, fast support responses, and value for money

Pros

Price is amazing. Ease of use. Customer support is fast and seem to be eager to assist. What I love the most is I can request/suggest items from the desktop version be added to the mobile version. I have made 2-3 suggestions and I have seen all my suggestions integrated into the mobile version. I have had issues with the software a couple of times. I would create a support ticket with my issues and literally within minutes to just a couple of hours there would be an update pushed for the app and the issue was repaired. This software does pretty much everything you need it to do. I am extremely satisfied with my purchase. I tried several different applications and ConstructionForeman is and was by far the easiest to use and delivered alot more bang for the buck!

Cons

All my cons have been addressed so far through updates. I would like to see the mobile version have the ability to do everything the desktop version does as I use my phone for 95% of my business.

Response from Contractor Foreman

Replied October 2018

Thanks Ron - I'm glad to hear that when there have been issues, our team has been prompt to resolve them. We use software services to run our business and understand the frustration when things do not work correctly and support is slow to resolve it. We try to make sure our customers avoid the same delays.

Brian from Tower Group LLC

New Contractor Foreman User

The training people at Contractor Foreman have been a pleasure to work with. The certainly understand our business and terminology. This has been a very good fit for our company.

Pros

We are just starting with the implementation of this software and doing as many training videos as possible. So far, we are very pleased with the ease of integration to our business, but it is going to take us some time to be fully integrated and have all of us using the system properly.

Cons

The length of time that it will take us to master the system. I wish we could become much more proficient within a few weeks, but I think it's going to take us much longer to be using all of the features properly.

Reasons for Choosing Contractor Foreman

Cost was a big deciding factor, but I felt like Contractor Foreman is more intuitively understandable to me and our type of business. They use the same terminology as we do and I feel like everyone that I have spoken with are actually contractors and not just a computer programmer selling their product, but understand how we need to solve our problems.

Reasons for Switching to Contractor Foreman

We had dropped BuilderTrend about a year ago when Covid hit and we had to let some people go due to our workload. The cost to keep that program going was just not worth it to me. Once our work picked back up again, I wanted to keep our monthly costs lower and found that I liked Contractor Foreman much better than BuilderTrend.

Response from Contractor Foreman

Replied June 2021

Thank you Brian for the great review. We really do appreciate your feedback and trusting us to help you manage your project needs. We will continue to improve and add new features and we are certain that you will continue to be happy that you made the switch to Contractor Foreman.

Jennifer from Fix In A Jiffy LLC

Great contractor software, great price

Pros

I like the ability to put a client portal on our website- Estimating & project management are great, it keeps all the information tidy. The ability for multiple people to upload pictures to projects saves a lot of time shuffling pictures around. I really like how well laid out the software is, and how easy it is to get help when needed. I recommend watching as many videos as possible, it really shows you how to work the modules properly.

Cons

I can't think of anything that is missing, and any issues I have had using it have been answered promptly by the help desk or a 1 on 1 training.

Reasons for Choosing Contractor Foreman

Price point and functionality- Jobber & Basecamp don't equal the features you get from Contractor Foreman

Response from Contractor Foreman

Replied September 2021

Thank you Jennifer for the great review. We know that time is money and no one wants to wait for support.We are glad to have a live chat team available. Thank you for allowing us to serve you.

Sarah from Apex Modular Group

Budget-Friendly Project Management Software

Contractor Foreman has been a decent software for our company once we figured out how to use it. Setting up projects was a much different process than we were used to with our previous software. It doesn't have quite all of the features we'd like for tracking certificates of insurance and things of that nature, but we are a niche construction type company; we are a small business working large Government contracts and that comes with its own unique challenges to track. The software does a great job of tracking job expenses and it is customizable with what types of expenses we can input and synch with our Quickbooks job cost codes but it is not the most user-friendly. Occasionally there will be a bug in the software, and it is nice that we have quick access to the developers so that they can fix the bugs. However, depending on who you get in the chat function, they are not always the most helpful or professional. They are consistently adding updates and features and we are hopeful that over the coming months, this will be a software that has all of the features we'd like.

Pros

The cost is the biggest pro for this software. For the price, you can't beat it. It does an adequate job tracking the things we need to track, and the scheduling tool is great.

Cons

This software was very difficult to implement for our type of construction business. We do a lot of Government projects that require tracking unique items and obtaining different forms that we do electronically that we need our site superintendent able to track as well as office staff. The way to create the forms is difficult to figure out, and the formatting doesn't hold from one screen to the next so we get random spaces and periods in the finished product.

Cost

Response from Contractor Foreman

Replied May 2021

Thank you Sarah for the review. We do allow you to track certificates of insurance, GLI, and much more. It also sends notifications to you and the contractor (if you enable it). Can you provide more detail on which other tracking features you need? Thanks!

Paul from VINYL FENCES SARNIA

GREAT SOFTWARE TO KEEP YOU ORGINIZED WHEN U HAVE SO MUCH ON THE GO

Awesome as I just started this company funds were tight and they were flexible and allowed me to make monthly payments so i could use the software. Other software's were 50 less a month but they were so confusing I couldn't make a estimate even after 1 hour of training so trust me this is the best software for small start up construction company's like mine

Pros

Contractor Forman was the 4th trials software I used and by far was the easiest to learn and navigate through without any training. I need to get training on invoicing % of jobs and when i finally hired a employee I need help with time cards but the estimate software was so simple to create professional estimates

Cons

I wish I could scan documents and receipts in and have it auto populate the amount date items etc. Also I could be wrong here but i think any tools u buy for the company need to be placed under a project which is rare for me.

Reasons for Choosing Contractor Foreman

could be used on a mobile device

Reasons for Switching to Contractor Foreman

Projul charged me in the trial period and it was to hard to learn even though there software is looks more up to date and inviting, but that's not the case I was so angry they didn't even try to help me use there software and were quick to cancel and keep my 120.00 back. so there trail is not free they bill your credit card !!!!

Lindsey-Leigh from JWH Construction

A budget software with serious usefulness

Although roll out of CF has been a bit bumpy and there is certainly a learning curve involved, it has been good! Every Step of the way has been a bit easier knowing there is always support to reach out to if you have any issues or confusion.

Pros

This software packs more punch than you would expect at its meager price point. It offers so much in the way of construction management that it is almost unbelievable. The best part? AWESOME customer service, ltterlay at your fingertips. If you are struggling with anything, an agent (usually one of the same few people) are available in less than 5 minutes to help you with whatever you are struggling with.

Cons

Since this software is a bit new, it is kind of clunky. Some of the processes to do things are less than efficient, and it definitely isn't "as pretty" as some of the other competitors, but what other competitors are charging $10,000+ for, CF charges about $1,500.00. However, this is made up for my the fact that they are constantly updating based on real customer feedback, I am genuinely excited to see where this product is heading!

Reasons for Choosing Contractor Foreman

Great price point, and a great fit for smaller contractors like us!

Reasons for Switching to Contractor Foreman

We will be switching from Raken to this once we are fully integrated and our subscription is up for the year with them. This product is 1/2 the cost for 2x the seats and does way more than Raken can.

Response from Contractor Foreman

Replied May 2021

Thank you Lindsey for the awesome review! We've worked hard to add awesome features and now we are in the process of making it prettier and even easier to use. Each month we will release an update that will improve your experience.

Chuck from Energy Systems Southeast LLC

The best out there for the price

It has been great and their quick to help out or implement changes you ask for, I have done demos with almost every other software out there and while some say they have a lot of features none of them compare to CF.

Pros

All of the features, believe me I did a demo on ALL others and this one always came out as the leader plus they are constantly upgrading and adding new features. Let them know what you need or want and they will do their best to make it happen.

Cons

I wish some things were more customized easily to suite our very unique needs.

Reasons for Choosing Contractor Foreman

I did demo on a lot more than I listed and CF had way more features for cost

Reasons for Switching to Contractor Foreman

Appenate is great at building forms and a systems but has limitations

Austin from ABConstruction Inc.

Very pleased

We are very pleased with this product, it has helped take our business to the next level!

Pros

What I like most about this product so far is estimating feature, once you get your products and templates built estimating is a breeze. Another great feature is the scheduling feature for projects and crews!

Cons

We have used this product for over a year now and as of yet everything this software has to offer meets our needs.

Reasons for Choosing Contractor Foreman

Ease of dashboard navigation, the number of features for the cost.

Response from Contractor Foreman

Replied June 2021

Thank you Austin for the great review. We will continue to add even more features and improvements to the Estimating module as well as all others. We are committed to providing the best construction management system at the most affordable price.

Lots of features under one platform

For the price you get a lot of useful features, daily reports were the highlight, fillable forms, RFIs and how it managed those files was nice.

Pros

Covered a lot of things we use multiple applications for, the file system and document tracking was great

Cons

Time tracking and schedule were okay but not what we were expecting. There is so much going on that sometimes it feels overwhelming.

Reasons for Choosing Contractor Foreman

We actually stuck with knowify because the migration of data was going to be too much of an undertaking.

Lisa from Diggers Excavation and Grading Inc

Contractor Foreman

My biggest problem was having everything together in one place.

Pros

I love everything being in one place and easy to track.

Cons

I am still figuring out where everything is still.

Reasons for Choosing Contractor Foreman

It looks easy to navigate and the price is one of the best deals I have come across.

Nancy from Diamond Rock Concrete Restoration

Best All In One Software for Construction!

Creating estimate/proposals, Change Orders and sending to customers for signature approval. Easy invoice creation. All of my estimates/change orders, invoices are modifiable to meet my style, and needs.

Pros

How they provide all of the necessary tools needed to manage a project, from beginning to end. Every module has a training video, Customer service is exceptional. I am able to send estimates and change order to customers and request a signature, without having the customer sign in to the system to view and sign. The option is there for the customer to log in as a customer viewer and view everything about the project.

Cons

Minor glitches on documents editing. Some editing functions need to be equal through out the software.

Reasons for Choosing Contractor Foreman

Contractor Forman offers a lot more to offer for a fracture of the price of other systems.

Reasons for Switching to Contractor Foreman

For the many features Contractor Foreman has to offer and continues to add that other systems that I used and looked into can't offer.

Hayden from Easy Builder

From Mom & Pop to Modern Efficiency

I have had a great experience with Contractor Foreman and would recommend this platform for any GC or Contractor looking to run lean. Excited to see the first project run through the phases with this software.

Pros

We are still new to the software, but the implementation has been seamless. The supports staff helped me build a training schedule for my team based on the pre-recorded modules. The system seems to be very intuitive and I'm looking forward to running our first project through Contractor Foreman this week.

Cons

The software does not have the markup feature released, yet. It is supposed to come out with the next update. We are looking forward to this as it will eliminate additional software needs. Customer service is fantastic when you are in contact with a person. Very knowledgeable and eager to assist. However I'm not a fan of receiving so many automated emails. Others might find it helpful.

Reasons for Choosing Contractor Foreman

Price and functionality allowed us to stay lean.

Reasons for Switching to Contractor Foreman

Everything was done manually in the past. My goal is to automate as much as the process as possible, from pre-construction to progress payments to job completion. The price point, functionality and extensive reports sold me on giving Contractor Foreman a shot.

Wendy from Matrix Roofing & Home Solutions

Searching for F I V E years!!

EXCEPTIONAL. Again - from the beginning with other companies, our time was mostly spent figuring out "workarounds" for their issues. No software will be everything to everyone, but this one is close. We've searched for FIVE years and have used most of the bigger names in the construction industry. Most highly overpriced, and poor customer service. CF has great people, all willing to help and they're even modifying the system monthly based on their customer feedback. What? A company that cares what we think?

Pros

For the FIRST time in engaging with new software - the positives are more than the mandated "workarounds". Easy to use. Simple to train. Seems to be EXCEPTIONAL at caring about what their customers want. Took the time to get the TWO WAY INTEGRATION figured out with Quickbooks (no one else has done this that we've worked with). Honest about the shortcomings, but again very motivated to change as needed.

Cons

Wish there was more attention paid to "coloring" the dashboards. Making colors correspond to the areas that you are working within. Wish that they'd put together either a Procedural book, or help more with a documented training. It's not hard to train, just would be nice to have a roadmap per see.

Reasons for Choosing Contractor Foreman

Honestly, it was the people at CF that made the difference. Answered our questions. Helped us look around. Kept checking back with us to be sure we were happy. Jumping on any needs that we expressed. This is how we treat our customers - it was a treat to find someone who would treat us the same. Plus we just kept finding MORE things we liked around every corner. Vehicle management. Subcontractor management. Saved us SO much money and time with multiple systems we used to use.

Reasons for Switching to Contractor Foreman

HORRIBLE customer service. Too many workarounds. Flat out LIES about their Quickbooks integration (which is horrible and only goes one way - not two way). Price is out of this world too if you want more than 5 projects. We're a service-based construction and therefore didn't use the system as it was intended, but they knew that in our initial meetings and yet still told us it would work. It didn't.

Response from Contractor Foreman

Replied February 2021

WOW!! We get a lot of great reviews and this is one of the greatest. But with all of that said, we will not rest. Each month we will release a new update with new features and enhancements and we will continue to improve and help you save time and money. The search for the right solution can take a long time - we know, because we use other solutions as well. Thank you for sharing your experience with others and we look forward to serving you. -Steven Gabbard, Founder

Chuck from Liercke Construction, LLC

A great upgrade to our management of projects

Overall, I'm very happy so far with the experience. The staff are very responsive and helpful, and will always look to improve the product with suggestions and bug submittals, and the app being feature heavy is extremely important in our situation.

Pros

- The integration of the whole platform is very good, including externally with Quickbooks Online. - Ability to do time sheets in the field without separate software. - Cost codes and cost items that can be used for different jobs, this is huge for us. - Other fringe abilities, such as sending billing to a different person vs. the customer, and CC'ing multiple folks. - The apps are really feature heavy for a construction software, many other competitors, the apps are just terrible vs. the web portal.

Cons

- The Service Ticket and Work Order systems don't work that well, and leave us lacking. - So far I have found tons of bugs in the iOS app, though I will say they try to address them quickly. - Might seem odd, but can't assign multiple wage rates to the same employee depending on cost code/item. This is huge for contractors that deal with Davis-Bacon wages.

Reasons for Choosing Contractor Foreman

The value proposition, eagerness to assist of the staff, ability to submit bugs and suggestions, and general integration made this software switch a simple decision.

Reasons for Switching to Contractor Foreman

The competitor product was very clunky, phone apps were terrible feature-wise, and most of all, the value proposition was not very good at all, more than twice the expense for half the features of Contractor Foreman.

Response from Contractor Foreman

Replied November 2020

Thank you Chuck for the feedback. We are always looking for ways to improve. If you will, send us a list of the suggestion you have for how we can make Service Tickets better. It's one of the most popular features but we get very little feedback about it so we are always looking for suggestions on how we can make it even better. steven@contractorforeman.com

JESSICA from JR & J ELECTRIC, LLC

Jr. J

I think you have a great software with tons of potential and it is very all encompassing, I think you could charge a lot more for the software with some enhancement to the user interface online and in app as well as adding those abilities to time track any type of order but most of all the one thing above all else that keeps you from being able to charge more is the lack of integration training and lack of customer service availability. Other software companies have excellent support and customer service that you can immediately speak to on the phone at the very least all day during business hours if not even at night. The only thing that kept us with you after paying for your program and buildertrend for 3 months was that your software has more functionality. I would gladly pay more for available customer service and personalized training and set up.

Pros

You have a lot of features built into one place.

Cons

Not very user friendly, wording and descriptions for permissions for example are confusing, app user interface could be simplified for field techs, should be able to have a customer with multiple locations and the biggest feature that is missing is the ability to require time tracking on work orders and change orders. Also hate that you cannot create a service ticket with an item from an estimate or sov. Also, hate that you cannot create estimates, invoices, payments, change orders, work orders, po's, bills, expenses or add subcontractors through the project summary unless one has already been created outside of the summary.

See above

Response from Contractor Foreman

Replied October 2020

Thank you Jessica for the feedback. Will you please send me additional details bout the Con's you mentioned? support@contractorforeman.com. It's difficult for a service provider to provide live phone support that is able to answer your call when you answer without charging as much as our providers do. Most of our customers do not need that level of service so we work to keep the price low by offering live chat support and email support even during the evening and weekends.

Toshua from HillCrest

I love this

Pros

That the support team is the greatest and that they really want to help. I wasn't quiet sure the other day when i wasn't getting a response only because i was not going to the right place to ask the question. The software is great and once you get use to the menu it really is a great product. I am so happy that we are getting this for our office. You get very important stuff for a great price. This is not over priced at all compared to others and it gives you more than the other competitors do.

Cons

Not knowing how to copy and paste instead of having to enter the same information multiple times.

Reasons for Choosing Contractor Foreman

Contractor Foreman software was easier to understand and use. It also gave OSHA trainings and other important stuff that the other software companies didn't. The price was very reasonable and the staff is very knowledgeable and helpful.

Reasons for Switching to Contractor Foreman

Response from Contractor Foreman

Replied August 2020

Thank you Toshua for the great review. We are glad that we can provide a great product and great support at a fraction of the costs that others charge. -Thank you.

Alec from LDP

A must buy to digitise site processes!

Brilliant from the start, support throughout, clear pricing structure. Nothing to catch you out. Friendly and thorough support team. Plus great software that receives regular updates based on user suggestions. Makes you feel like you are being listened to and helping develop the software.

Pros

The ability to add multiple users including those outside of are company at no additional cost is brilliant, you can also easily give each user different access settings. The software is easy to use from the start as it is separated out into different features/processes. That said should you have a problem the support team is brilliant. Contactable via email, live chat and online training with ease, make the most of this as it is all included in the price. Given we were very much paper based for our processes changing to using Contractor Foreman was simple. But should you be transferring from other platforms this wont be a problem as the CSV upload system works great and templates are provided. Also there are training videos and webinars that pretty much cover all elements should you require any assistance.

Cons

It would be great to have multiple signatures available on the form builder, although aware this is a feature to be added in a coming update. A file management system would be brilliant so you don't have to re upload documents should you add them to the wrong area. That said aware again this is a feature to be added at some point. An integrated drawing/plan feature where you can add comment, pin issues etc would be brilliant. again believe this is looking to be added.

Reasons for Choosing Contractor Foreman

Cost was considerably less for a superior product. No user limits. Simple and transparent pricing structure, brilliant mobile application and great support.

David from North Star Design-Build

Great Package!

Great!

Pros

We needed a system for sharing files: Project contacts, schedules, safety plans, daily reports, progress photos, RFIs, submittals, etc. We tried cloud-based share drives but just had difficulties. Contractor Foreman makes it easy to share files. We use MS Project for scheduling. Many of our clients require us to submit schedules in MS Project. Contractor Foreman's scheduling feature can import and export MS Project Files. Very helpful. Best scheduling functionality with or without MS Project files we have seen after reviewing three other project management systems. Project Foreman's functionality far exceeds our driving need to share files effectively. We are still learning how we can streamline our subcontracting, schedule of values, and invoicing processes. Contractor Foreman allows us to customize templates which we have used for simplifying change orders, and we think we can use templates for warranty and release of claims statements for subcontractor closeout. In short, Contractor is a powerful and versitile project management platform. It is easy to schedule training to get your PM's and Superintendents up to speed with the system. The customer support is outstanding. The guys at Contractor Foreman are fully committed to making thier system the best.

Cons

Contractor Foreman is easy to use but, it is not the easiest system to use on the market. I haven't tried to get a Superintendent to use the system yet but, I think non-computer savvy superintendents are going. struggle. Contractor Foreman's outstanding customer support will be helpful. There are features that could be improved. There are features that could be included but are not. I would like to see a customizable daily report that is one page, no tabs. I will suggest that with the Contractor Foreman team. The templates function has a lot of potential for improving current features and adding new features. included

Tom from Michigan Specialty Coatings

Comprehensive Platform

We chose Contractor Foreman because we wanted ONE program that would accomplish the tasks of the many (6 or so) programs we were using. This software helped to consolidate our efforts and bring our company together in regards to standard operating procedures. We are still in the beginning stages of implementation, however we've been able to run many projects through from start to finish and we are very pleased with the plan.

Pros

This is a comprehensive software, that my company has integrated into everyday use. The aspect I like the most is that it is always improving. The innovators working in the background at Contractor Foreman are constantly seeking to optimize.

Cons

The biggest problem we've had is waiting on the ability to connect with QuickBooks Desktop. At this point the connection is ready and my team just needs to follow the steps.

Reasons for Choosing Contractor Foreman

For us, Contractor Foreman is much more versatile and comprehensive.

Reasons for Switching to Contractor Foreman

We needed to shorten the list of programs we were using. Some of our staff used all of the programs mentioned, and more to accomplish their tasks. Having everyone work in the same program helps us maintain consistency and efficiency. It also lets us track progress and gather information on best practices.

Shawn from Presmont Construction Services

From

Right now I am overall pleased with what i am getting for the money. It is very comprehensive and it appears that the leadership recognizes the room and areas for improvement and are making an honest attempt to make it bette. I give creit for that because most companies dont engage at all. Ive been asked for my response every other day and contacted by someone for training every few days. This to me is priceless. It appears on the cover anyway, these guys actually care. Until they prove me wrong, I will believe them and support them.

Pros

I think that coming from one of the major providers to Contractor Foreman I expected alot less than what we have. In fact, I am impressed at how much it offers for the price. I like that it has almost everything in one place from the client portal to schedules, to bugets, and so on.

Cons

I would love to see better forms or template options. Even if it was easier to create a template would be helpful because we use different templates for different Brands in the commercial industry and we need to be able to create them in this platform. Also the estimating inputting seems to be a struggle. Maybe its that we are new but going from Estimate to SOV to whatever is next is a struggle and we still dont have it down. I would also recomend that the RFI could be updated in the system by simply responding to the automated email. somehow that RFI and Change order system can improve. Can there be a cooler logo? My clients are corporate Burger King, 7-11, McDonalds, Popeyes, Starbucks, etc. The name just doesnt look very commercial. Not a deal killer but thought Id throw it out there. Dont want to hurt anyones feeleings.

Reasons for Choosing Contractor Foreman

Service seems to be on point and price point is a winner!

Reasons for Switching to Contractor Foreman

Started my own company and now footing the bill

Chris from Electrical Communications Unlimited

Our search is over!

Exceptional! Support has been amazing as well as all the friendly staff. Very personable and knowledgeable.

Pros

The versatility! Being an electrical contractor that works in both residential and commercial, its difficult to find a platform that works for service, small projects and larger scale projects. Not only is this platform versatile, it also has a flow that works and makes sense. It has consolidated two other platforms we were paying for as well as two in house solutions, saving us 1000's over the next few year. We are already seeing the benefits in project management and accountability as a company not to mention the elimination of redundant data entry and a streamlined system.

Cons

The only thing so far is the lack of a timeline on the service ticket screen to see a live view by service tech.

Reasons for Switching to Contractor Foreman

Terrible Work Flow, programming issues, broken modules, half built modules, can go on and on. Long story short it cost us time in the office and didn't save us time. Caused the creation of complicated redundant processes.

Joel from The Weimer Group LLC

Fantastic ROI

So far, fantastic. We are excited to see already what this software is able to do as well as find out what else it can do that we aren't aware of yet.

Pros

A whole lot of functionality all in one place. I like having a single place for myself, subs, and clients to access the information needed.

Cons

Seems there's some redundancy. Not sure if I missed it, but a quick start training to estimating would be beneficial. Example - it's easy to find "estimates" and create one, but if you do this outside of opportunities you will have to manually tie the estimate to the project later. There should be a best practice that shows how to utilize the system in the most efficient manner to save time.

Reasons for Choosing Contractor Foreman

ROI. Overall cost for the benefits received. Fantastic customer service and willingness to improve for the client. And lastly, it felt more like a perfect fit for my company size. Other programs we looked into seemed like they were either made for a single trade construction company with multiple crews (i.e., electrical, plumbing, hvac, etc) and could essentially be jerry rigged to fit a general contractor, or were designed for large construction companies that have a lot of office employees that have time to sit at a computer all day.

Matt from No7 Development

Great Software

Experience has been good.

Pros

Works well with Quickbooks. It also has a nice estimate worksheet that is customizable.

Cons

Navagation could be easier. I would prefer the navigation based on customer vs a large dashboard you have to navigate.

Reasons for Choosing Contractor Foreman

Contractor Foreman does the best job of all the softwares I have tried.

Reasons for Switching to Contractor Foreman

Buildertrend Quickbooks integration was poor in regards to sales tax. I also felt it was too expensive for having to do sales tax work arounds.

Jason from London Renovations

Contractor foreman 1 year review

We've solved time theft. It's transformed our estimating and to-do list of estimates and following up with clients.

Pros

I love the time card functions especially since it's been updated. This will save you the cost of the program alone. Very easy to use and save files and photos to review. To-do list is great. We complete projects from 15 - 100k and it's been a great help for us. Highly recommend this product.

Cons

Geo fencing isn't here yet. Can't wait for that.

Reasons for Choosing Contractor Foreman

Initial cost and ease of use.

Response from Contractor Foreman

Replied October 2019

Thank you Jason for this great review. Geofencing was added in the September update. You can enable it in Company Settings > Time. The range is defined in Project > Details. New features are being added for it including the ability to allow users of certain roles to not be required to be within the geofence area to clock in - such as a supervisor who is away from the job for a meeting about the particular job or buying materials, etc. We will continue to make the time card function even more beneficial and recently added overtime tracking. More features are on the way!

david from DSM General Contracting

Impartial

I'm very impartial. I was very impressed at first with my tutorial which made me want to purchase the program, but once purchased I realized that even for small questions it took an hour to get an answer out of someone on multiple occasions that should have been simple "set status to this" or "create an invoice this way for a project." So overall I am not as happy with Contractor Foreman as I expected to be and never would have purchased it for the amount of money if I knew it was going to cause so many issues.

Pros

I really liked the program when I first sat down and did an overview. It seemed like it would be very user friendly and I liked that layout and the abilities of the program.

Cons

The program is extremely picky, one must know exactly how it works or it won't work at all the way one would expect. The program has extreme potential to be so user friendly and it'sjust not. Every Estimate, Invoice, project, ect must be set at certain statuses to do what the program is expected to do. I consider myself fairly tech savvy and could not figure out how to print an estimate without help. With that said, the help is hit and miss. Some people you talk to are very helpful, some seem like they're just as confused as you are and have no idea how the program works which is very frustrating. Lastly, there are multiple ways to invoice clients but there's only one way to do it without messing up financing on the project and to have all invoice items on one invoice. Otherwise everything is screwed up and it is not a simple process at all.

Reasons for Choosing Contractor Foreman

It seemed to be the most user friendly.

Response from Contractor Foreman

Replied September 2020

Hi David. Are you sure you were using Contractor Foreman? To print anything, you just click View/Email PDF. Then the PDF opens like a PDF normally would and you can print it. The program is VERY flexible. That is what most people like about it compared to other systems where you have to follow a certain path. Yes, the status does trigger certain actions. While you are building your Estimate and Invoice you do not want it to send to QB or finalize your budget. That is common for any software. We met with Crystal in your office and she quickly understood everything but you haven't responded to any of our request for a free training. We really are here to help. Our employees know the system and are able to help and are not confused. I'll reach out, but let us give you an overview of how the system works and I am certain it will click very quickly for you. You can see from other reviews that the system is very easy to use and support is great. We hope to prove this to be true.

Austin from Nate Fugitt Construction

Invaluable

Revolutionary for my business in every digital way

Pros

Schedule blocking and flow is awesome. So many features and options always does more than you need.

Cons

Occasional crashing of app, needs to be restarted and sometimes the buttons take multiple taps to react which is strange and frustrating but not always

Reasons for Choosing Contractor Foreman

Cheaper and equal if not better functionality

Reasons for Switching to Contractor Foreman

Because servicem8 is more for many small jobs rather than medium to long term projects and had unacceptable functionality bottlenecks and limitations

Response from Contractor Foreman

Replied March 2020

Thank you Austin for the great review. Anytime there is a crash on your end, we get a notification on our end. The development team is able to review the issues and fix the problem and release an update within a day or two. Please make sure you have the latest version of the app so that these issues are not happening. If there is still a problem, email us or click Live Chat and we will make sure it is resolved immediately.

Calvin from Harris Contracting

I am very impressed with this software and extremely excited to see it help our company grow.

Very excited that I choose Contractor Foreman.

Pros

The project management tools are amazing.

Cons

It just a lot of information to get use to but it's just the typical learning stages of getting started. It normal.

Response from Contractor Foreman

Replied September 2020

One of the great things about Contractor Foreman is that you are more likely to grow into it than you will out grow it. We all want to succeed and when we get a point, sometimes the systems we started with no longer meet our needs. Contractor Foreman is different. The price is excellent for smaller and new companies and the features also fit the need of large established companies. This reduces the need to look for alternatives as you move from Residential to Commercial or as you grow and add new employees.

Michael from YM Pro Corp

Excellent Software and Great customer service

Great software...the hardest part is to make people use it...

Pros

I like the ease of use and the flexibility of the software. I really like that everything is completely adjustable and if something is missing the development team is really attentive to the suggestions and new options or features. Its always being updated and improved and has a great deal of options and features that are very helpful.

Cons

There are some minor bugs that still need to be polished out. Mostly on the mobile application however it seems that the development team is on top of it so as long as those bugs are presented and addressed to the team, they seem to be worked out quickly. I wanted to have the client portal and when I brought this up, it was already in development. Overall no major complaints

options, flexibility and cost

Response from Contractor Foreman

Replied May 2020

Thank you Michael for the great review. We look forward to releasing the Client Portal in our June update.

Jake from Vice Construction

A lot of features, great support staff

It has been somewhat frustrating being so used to how Quickbooks online is setup and functions and then having to try and reprogram my brain to setup all of our systems in this new software's terms. Fortunately the customer support team is extremely responsive and very helpful.

Pros

The ability of being a one-stop shop for all our project management files for our crew foremen is excellent

Cons

Unfortunately for us it seems like this program is more focused on large scale general contractors and is almost too advanced for our needs. Perhaps we will get there over time and evolve with the software to start tracking all the metrics that this program is setup to track.

Reasons for Choosing Contractor Foreman

CF was way more affordable and offered the options that we cared most about

We needed more project management than Quickbooks Online offered

Amanda from Rich's Drywall & Framing

Review- Just getting started

Everyone has been super helpful. Especially since I am doing all the set up on my own! This is going to help us eliminate a lot of paper!!!!

Pros

I am still in the process of integrating and setting everything up. I am learning everyday! Help is readily available whether through an email, chat, scheduled training, video or a panicked phone call! What I like most is the ability to have all pertinent information for each project available in one spot and being able to assign the level of access within roles. Implementation will be my hurdle! Changing old school habits!

Cons

I would like more ability to hide features/functions from dashboard/menu which we will not be using. Just to keep it decluttered and streamlined for users. I understand this is coming in May - folders within a project. (not just through files/photo tab) I need to be able to open a project, go to my files and have them organized in folders. Not a page of Pdf's. Excited for this. Also being in Ontario, I'm going to need to add most of my own Safety Topic info. I have a great pdf book of all topics. Page per topic. It would be nice when creating a topic to be able to attach the page in topic text window. (since pages have pic's etc. copy & paste doesn't translate into a readable document. I think the Forms has been my biggest hurdle. Through no fault of the app. lol I currenting have all my forms and checklists is a fillable pdf format, which I can add. However, once filled in I can't save that copy to project. So, I guess I'll just have tp pick away at making new forms! lol

Reasons for Choosing Contractor Foreman

Appeared to be the most user friendly. Good price and great support. Also, the openness to suggestions for constantly improve!!

Wendell from Moses Electric, Inc.

Worth every penny

It has been a wonderful experience and has made life much easier. It is extremely user friendly and very cost effective. Quite possibly the best Project Management purchase to date.

Pros

It is extremely easy to use and even easier to set up. I have been training employees over the past month and a half and they have all taken to it wonderfully. The ease of set up has been the best.

Cons

It is hard to have anything bad to say about the software. The developer team is easy to talk to, changes are made frequently and they are always improving what they have.

Reasons for Choosing Contractor Foreman

The price was hard to pass up and the software had almost every option other big software companies had.

Reasons for Switching to Contractor Foreman

Sage 300 did not have any cloud implementation and the system was clunky.

Levi from First Impressions Concrete

Great Project Manager Software

Great. It is a great product with many features.

Pros

User friendly. It runs with the big dogs of software like procore. It has alot of features and they are improving always.

Cons

Support. I would like to talk to some one more, via phone.

Pricing.

Reasons for Switching to Contractor Foreman

Esub had alot of features that were not up to par yet. Very expense and not even a runner up next to procore.

Mark from Lotus Construction group

Checking Under the Hood

So far we are very happy with all of the features and CF has come a long ways since I first looked at it 2 years ago. Customer support is great although I haven't quite figured out if I can have a single point person for support.

Pros

I am currently reviewing this product as a stand alone construction management software. The main reason I am investigating it is so that I can ditch the several software platforms I use into a single software.

Cons

It is a bit time consuming to get up and running only because of the amount of data needed to set up.

Reasons for Switching to Contractor Foreman

Value and integration of Estimation, billings subcontractor management safety meetings,timetracking, invoicing all in one place.

Response from Contractor Foreman

Replied June 2020

Thank you Mark for the great review. We do not provide our customers with a main contact as we do not want you to be delayed when help is needed. Many on the team are in meetings or working with customers all day. If we assigned you a single contact and that person is on vacation, in a meeting, or on a break, that would increase the time it takes to get you a response so we prefer to make our whole team accessible.

Scott from FTBA

Great product. Outstanding people behind it.

Pros

The ability to integrate into QuickBooks is a gamechanger for efficiency and workflow. There are tutorial videos on every page to help anyone who doesn't feel confident with what they're doing. Customer service is quick, responsive, and helpful.

Cons

More analytical data could be built in - the ability to really dig deep into the numbers driving the business.

Reasons for Choosing Contractor Foreman

The best maximized valued for the right set of features. It's not that CF was the cheapest, but I believe it's the best value for our needs. And it doesn't hurt that it looks good. Some DB people work on the backend but forget about the UX and UI. CF has the feel of Mac people having designed it. UI and UX matter.

Response from Contractor Foreman

Replied May 2020

Thank you Scott for the great review regarding the recent UI changes we've made to the apps. We will finish these changes are part of the May update as this will substantially make the app more user friendly for all users. We will revise the Edit mode to show a new Common view that includes the fields used by most people but still providing access to click View All Fields to see the lest popular fields in use. This will allow you to see the most important information on the screen without the need to scroll.

Vicky from Natural Surroundings Remodeling

Perfect for remodeling companies

Communication with my field team improved 100%. Now that they have everything about a project on their phone, this eliminates them having to track me down to ask questions. They have the power to do change orders right on the phone. No need to hold up the project.

Pros

Everything is in one place and the entire team can see the same data at the same time. No more paper estimates, schedules, change orders, time tracking, etc. It is all online.

Cons

I would like to see a more robust CRM where I can track follow-ups better.

Reasons for Choosing Contractor Foreman

Contractor Foreman has all of the features that were most important to us and for less money than the other companies. Although Markate and Hubspot were less expensive, they didn't have several features we needed. We needed a CRM, quickbooks integration, change orders, estimation, accept payments, accept signatures, online schedule, time tracking and customer interface. Contractor Foreman had all of that and more for a great price.

Response from Contractor Foreman

Replied November 2020

Thanks Vicky for the awesome review! We will continue to make it even easier for you and your team to stay on the same page. We always appreciate your feedback and suggestions.

Brandon from Construction Tech LLC

Great Software for contractors

Pros

It has a ton of features and really is a complete solution for contractors. The phone app has the same exact functionality as the web version. It also has allowed us to eliminate some other programs we were using on top of our old project management software. Support has been great and is always very responsive.

Cons

It does lack some customization most other companies have also I feel like it has so many features that some basic things were over looked when developing. But they do up date the system monthly with fixes and improvements so I know in the long run it will be much better.

Features, support and price

Needs more features

Laura from The Red Door Paint Co, LLC

Impressed with this program

So far so good, but I’m a newbie

Pros

The professional lay out of estimates/cover page/templates etc...

Cons

No emailing through the software. I wish I could track my customers in a way that allows me to see more details about my customers profile so I can market to a select group.

Reasons for Choosing Contractor Foreman

Because of the cost and overall wide scope of capabilities this site offers. Project management and document management is important to me, as well as an easier way for my customers to accept a proposal offered by our company.

Response from Contractor Foreman

Replied December 2020

Hi Laura. Thanks for the review. We do provide the ability to email from the system. From each item, click on the Action dropdown and then click View/Email PDF. That will open a popup where you can select the template you want to use and type the message, select recipients, and add the subject. If you are not sending an item, you can click on Menu > Send Email. We track the Sent/Delivered/Open/Clicked stats as well. From within the item click on the Activity dropdown to see the message stats.

Karl from Effectual Construction, LLC

Amazing Software!!

Pros

Contractor Foreman saved our company from bouncing through three different BIM packages. We opened doors late 2020 and went from HouzzPro to Stack to Contractor Foreman. After sampling the industry--and hesitant to try again-- we came upon CF, [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] was adamant to give them a shot...Thank God we did. We now have our company estimating, project management, invoicing, all in order. None of the other companies even come close to CF. Thank you Team.

Cons

Nothing, the program offers all I need to succeed

Not user friendly

Response from Contractor Foreman

Replied June 2021

Thank you Karl for this awesome review. As great as this is, we know that we cannot sit idle. We will continue to add new features and improvements and find new ways to make the system even easier to use all while making it affordable for all.

Rick from Self Employed

BuilderTrend alternative

I really like this software and plan on using it extensively.

Pros

I'm just a one-man-band company that only does a few projects at a time, so I don't have a lot of money dedicated to software. My biggest need is Co's and approval of them in a timely manner, Contractor Foreman is perfect for this!

Cons

I've struggled just a little bit in building my cost codes database...but that's more about me needing to continue working on it.

Fit my needs better

PRICE!

Response from Contractor Foreman

Replied September 2020

The reasons you mentioned switching to Contractor Foreman are very common. If you need any help with cost codes, let us know. You can also import them directly from the CSI or NAHB list using the Action dropdown within Cost Codes.

Phillip from Kingdom Builders Crew LLC

Overall View of Contractor Foreman

CUSTOMER SERVICE IS WONDERFUL!!!! It is wonderful to call, send an email, or live chat and get a response! We are just a few days into our trial and have had such great customer service! We had a live training on Monday of this week. It was very informative and helpful.

Pros

Ease of use of product. We have been using 3 different programs and paying monthly for them before we found Contractor Foreman. We are still trying to figure out a lot of the features but so far the customer service has been outstanding. We like the fact if we are confused in any part of the program, the live chat feature has been great. We can send a chat and get our help immediately. We are also a fan of the Live Training! In our opinion we feel like the Live Training and the on line Video training is great!

Cons

Would like more ease of linking leads to calendar without so many steps. Suggestion: To be able to double click in the calendar to set up a lead and have a dropdown to link it automatically to the lead screen without having to add in two places. As stated before we are new to the program so I am sure we will fine more cons along the way.

Reasons for Choosing Contractor Foreman

We believe it is going to work the best for us at this time. Better than other programs we have worked with.

Reasons for Switching to Contractor Foreman

Needed one software where we could see all parts of our company in one place. So far we are very pleased with the program.

Nicole from Complete Remodeling and Restoration

Industry: Architecture & Planning

So far, so good

We were looking for an all-in-one business management solution, instead of piecing together excel spreadsheets and multiple other solutions. CF offers lead tracking, estimating, online signatures, project management, change orders, job costing, SOV creation....and the list goes on. The value is what hooked us - compared to similar programs, the price is quite reasonable.

Pros

We're just getting through the free trial, but so far have had a great experience. While still in the learning phase and haven't used many features yet, the customer service and training has been top notch. As a small business, we chose CF because of the wealth of features at a more economical price than many other comparable companies.

Cons

Though it checks the box for all the features we desire, the user interface could be a bit more friendly at times - the process of navigation can be a bit clunky to learn. Beyond that, it could be that we just need to use it longer and become familiar with the look and feel. It could just be preference - for example, it would be great to have a drag and drop feature for estimating instead of drop down menus, etc.

Reasons for Choosing Contractor Foreman

Feature rich yet affordable for our smaller company.

Response from Contractor Foreman

Replied February 2021

Thanks Nicole for the great review. We do provide the most bang for your buck without a doubt and we take pride in providing excellent support and training. We will continue to enhance the UI so that we can make it easier to get the most of all of the great features we have.

Neil from DK Builder

Always Improving!

Contractor Foreman is well worth the investment. I like the constant improvements that the developers are always working on. Customer service is very responsive. I have made multiple suggestions to development and have always received a response whether it be for more info or sometimes, what their plan is to implement my suggestion.

Pros

Contractor Foreman is very customizable. I like that the user can has to do a minimal amount of setup in order to start using the software.

Cons

This is very basic software. Reporting is somewhat lacking but the user has the ability to create custom reports with available data.

Reasons for Choosing Contractor Foreman

As we had not been using any software, I thought Contractor Foreman would be a good first step to introduce users to project management software.

Brian from McManus and Father Construction

Good product

Overall it's been a good experience and looking forward to learning how to use the customer access and communication side.

Pros

How quickly we were able to get started using the software. I also like the crew schedule feature which comes in handy and is very easy to use.

Cons

It doesn't sink to quick books easily. The video tutorials can be hard to see like it's bad video quality.

Reasons for Choosing Contractor Foreman

Cost with similar platforms and capabilities

Reasons for Switching to Contractor Foreman

Cost. I really liked coconstruct but cost was getting unbelievably expensive. It seems like contractor foreman is a bit easier to navigate so far.

Darla from TalMac Construction

Valuable Tool

My overall experience with Contractor Foreman has been a good one. I am relieved to have found a software program that can help me stay on top of the many projects we have going on at one time.

Pros

What I like most about this software is the ease in which it can be used. It has all the components that I need to track a project from the beginning of the sales lead through the end of a project. I like that it pulls the information together from one module to the next as needed and that there are options for how the material is presented to the costumer.

Cons

What I like least about the software is that there is a bit of a need to jump around a bit. As the software improves and develops, I am hopeful that links will be added so that one can jump from one module to the next without having to go back into the menu bar.

Reasons for Choosing Contractor Foreman

Contractor Foreman offered more options needed for our business at a more affordable price.

Reasons for Switching to Contractor Foreman

Although there are some parts of Buildertrend that I liked, Contractor Foreman offered more options and more modules needed for our business. The cost is much more affordable and reasonable, also.

Response from Contractor Foreman

Replied August 2020

Thank you Darla for the review. We are considering the ability to add multiple views to prevent the issue you are referring to.while still making it easy for someone who doesn't have projects to jump around to their data.

Dimitri from KD Carpentry

Good managing program

Everything is on one platform. I can submit quote invoice and track expenses on one platform

Pros

Very easy to get started Fill in the blancs and it will create a professional estimate, invoice etc. Time tracking is nice. lots of good construction management features.

Cons

That there isn't a daily report category so I can see what's going on.

Response from Contractor Foreman

Replied October 2020

Thank you Dimitri for the review. We do provide one of the best Daily Log features of any construction management Service. It's not included in the basic plan you have but it is in all other plans. We can enable this for you or we can meet with you and show you how it works.

Derek from Dickinson Services and Supplies Limited

Economical Power packed software

Very supportive training. [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] was very patient and understanding with me to guide me through the process of learning to use the software.

Pros

It was versatile and obviously created to help manage issues in the field.

Cons

Having to do all the learning of how it works

Reasons for Choosing Contractor Foreman

Robust features and more economical for small companies

Cost

Ashley from Matte & Lacquer Painting LLC

Painting Subcontractor

Pros

We work primarily as a subcontractor on larger commercial projects, but also partner with restoration firms and work in residential housing. This software is so overall encompassing it really helps in every aspect of the job and company.

Cons

Some uploads of previous projects is not possible.

Overall Good Software

Every representative is very responsive and helpful. Trainings and support are available in multiple formats (one-on-one web meeting, chat, email, etc.).

Pros

The software offers many features in an easy to use format and for a very affordable price.

Cons

Time sheets should allow for task or description of work for each entry.

Reasons for Choosing Contractor Foreman

Cost and implementation time.

Response from Contractor Foreman

Replied May 2021

Thank you for the review. To clarify for others, notes can be assigned to each task within an employee time card. We will also be adding the feature to our Crew Sheet. From our discussion, I realize that your needs are different than those of contractors and it did come close but the industrial automation industry is a bit different. But we appreciate you giving it a shot.

Mike from Oasis Remodeling

Super Versatile

Pros

Everything integrated with itself really seamlessly. There is no maze of screens to navigate. Its just menu-page-action. Hard to describe but it's really well laid out considering how incredibly in depth and customizable it is. It does everything!

Cons

It's not as pretty on the app as other software but I still have full function to create projects and pull reports on my phone.

Reasons for Choosing Contractor Foreman

Product is just as functional and 1/6th the price. Small company seems to care about my experience. They always ask for feedback instead of using marketing tricks. That's a good sign.

Reasons for Switching to Contractor Foreman

I needed a laptop in the field just to generate a small project. Insane! And the cascading window after window you had to back out of. Absurd.

Response from Contractor Foreman

Replied December 2020

Thank you Mike for the awesome review and giving us a shot. We are certain that you will continue to be glad that you made the switch. Saving money and avoiding frustration is always a plus.

Ryan from Premier DataCom, Inc.

Up and Coming Project Management Software

We have enjoyed using this software and working with the CF team.

Pros

Our company has fully migrated our operations to CF over the past few months. It has been a great organizational tool to manage all of our ongoing projects. The best part about CF is their support team, they are always available to assist and answer your questions about the robust number of features.

Cons

Being new, it is still being developed and kinks worked out. But the updates are consistent and the software gets better each update.

Reasons for Choosing Contractor Foreman

Pricing and amount of features that fit our business needs.

Response from Contractor Foreman

Replied March 2020

Thank you Ryan for the great review. We have a great team and always aim to provide great service. We know that there are many others in this space and we want each customer to have an amazing experience when they trust us to help them manage their projects. We will continue to release monthly updates and and add new features and make improvements. Adding new features and solving problems drives us to be better each day. -Steve