• Pros

• "This program has everything I need to managed and run my company. Best program and great price. "

• "It is extremely easy to use and even easier to set up. I have been training employees over the past month and a half and they have all taken to it wonderfully. The ease of set up has been the best."

• "This has ton of features that can be used with great ease. Easy to learn and the customer support is phenomenal. "

• Cons

• "Being new, it is still being developed and kinks worked out. But the updates are consistent and the software gets better each update."

• "So many features that it will take a lot of time to learn them all. But that's not really a con. "

• "Minor glitch but support took care of us right away"

Browse Contractor Foreman Reviews

Ron from The Light Electrical Services

Easy to use, fast support responses, and value for money

Pros

Price is amazing. Ease of use. Customer support is fast and seem to be eager to assist. What I love the most is I can request/suggest items from the desktop version be added to the mobile version. I have made 2-3 suggestions and I have seen all my suggestions integrated into the mobile version. I have had issues with the software a couple of times. I would create a support ticket with my issues and literally within minutes to just a couple of hours there would be an update pushed for the app and the issue was repaired. This software does pretty much everything you need it to do. I am extremely satisfied with my purchase. I tried several different applications and ConstructionForeman is and was by far the easiest to use and delivered alot more bang for the buck!

Cons

All my cons have been addressed so far through updates. I would like to see the mobile version have the ability to do everything the desktop version does as I use my phone for 95% of my business.

Response from Contractor Foreman

Replied October 2018

Thanks Ron - I'm glad to hear that when there have been issues, our team has been prompt to resolve them. We use software services to run our business and understand the frustration when things do not work correctly and support is slow to resolve it. We try to make sure our customers avoid the same delays.

Alec from LDP

A must buy to digitise site processes!

Brilliant from the start, support throughout, clear pricing structure. Nothing to catch you out. Friendly and thorough support team. Plus great software that receives regular updates based on user suggestions. Makes you feel like you are being listened to and helping develop the software.

Pros

The ability to add multiple users including those outside of are company at no additional cost is brilliant, you can also easily give each user different access settings. The software is easy to use from the start as it is separated out into different features/processes. That said should you have a problem the support team is brilliant. Contactable via email, live chat and online training with ease, make the most of this as it is all included in the price. Given we were very much paper based for our processes changing to using Contractor Foreman was simple. But should you be transferring from other platforms this wont be a problem as the CSV upload system works great and templates are provided. Also there are training videos and webinars that pretty much cover all elements should you require any assistance.

Cons

It would be great to have multiple signatures available on the form builder, although aware this is a feature to be added in a coming update. A file management system would be brilliant so you don't have to re upload documents should you add them to the wrong area. That said aware again this is a feature to be added at some point. An integrated drawing/plan feature where you can add comment, pin issues etc would be brilliant. again believe this is looking to be added.

Reasons for Choosing Contractor Foreman

Cost was considerably less for a superior product. No user limits. Simple and transparent pricing structure, brilliant mobile application and great support.

Amy from Apex Modular Group LLC

Cost Effective Construction Management Tool

We have been very happy thus far with the overall Contractor Foreman experience.

Pros

It's been pretty simple to get up and running with Contractor Foreman. We used another high-cost cloud-based software prior to this and while the functionality is a little different, Contractor Foreman covers all the essential needs at a fraction of the cost.

Cons

I would love to see a contract that you can auto-populate fields. I'm hoping they will include this in future releases.

john from Endurance Painting

Look elsewhere

Horrible

Pros

Unfortunately this APP did not deliver as promised. We gave it a try due to a very cheap price. We had nothing but tech problems. We send 12-15 men out per day and everyone of them had glitches, It became more trouble than problems were solved. Don't waste your money. The promise of tech support was met by frustration and defensiveness from tech support. We wrote it off as a loss. Should have spent more time during the 30 day trial. Fail

Cons

Read the fine print. Make sure you cancel. Our card was charged. We contacted contractor foreman the same day. Explained our difficulty and the fact we had not used in 6 months, only refunded 80% FOR ONE DAY !! Scammers

Response from Contractor Foreman

Replied March 2020

Hi John. This review is far from accurate. Looking back at your account, you never started a Live Chat session with us. The only support ticket you created said "I have questions" and when we asked you to send us the list, there was no reply. You and Renee scheduled three training sessions with us and were a No Show for each. We were here and willing to help you as we do all of our customers. At no point do we ever get frustrated if someone reports a problem. We know that if one customer is having a problem, that means others are - so why would we not want to resolve that immediately? No software is perfect but any customer who has ever reported a problem can testify to the swift action we take to duplicate the problem and fix it. Most are fixed in less than 24 hours. It's unfortunate that this did not work out but we had our hand extended out the whole time awaiting you to arrive to the trainings and to reply to the ticket. Thank you John.

Toshua from HillCrest

I love this

Pros

That the support team is the greatest and that they really want to help. I wasn't quiet sure the other day when i wasn't getting a response only because i was not going to the right place to ask the question. The software is great and once you get use to the menu it really is a great product. I am so happy that we are getting this for our office. You get very important stuff for a great price. This is not over priced at all compared to others and it gives you more than the other competitors do.

Cons

Not knowing how to copy and paste instead of having to enter the same information multiple times.

Reasons for Choosing Contractor Foreman

Contractor Foreman software was easier to understand and use. It also gave OSHA trainings and other important stuff that the other software companies didn't. The price was very reasonable and the staff is very knowledgeable and helpful.

Response from Contractor Foreman

Replied August 2020

Thank you Toshua for the great review. We are glad that we can provide a great product and great support at a fraction of the costs that others charge. -Thank you.

Austin from Nate Fugitt Construction

Invaluable

Revolutionary for my business in every digital way

Pros

Schedule blocking and flow is awesome. So many features and options always does more than you need.

Cons

Occasional crashing of app, needs to be restarted and sometimes the buttons take multiple taps to react which is strange and frustrating but not always

Reasons for Choosing Contractor Foreman

Cheaper and equal if not better functionality

Response from Contractor Foreman

Replied March 2020

Thank you Austin for the great review. Anytime there is a crash on your end, we get a notification on our end. The development team is able to review the issues and fix the problem and release an update within a day or two. Please make sure you have the latest version of the app so that these issues are not happening. If there is still a problem, email us or click Live Chat and we will make sure it is resolved immediately.

Jake from Vice Construction

A lot of features, great support staff

It has been somewhat frustrating being so used to how Quickbooks online is setup and functions and then having to try and reprogram my brain to setup all of our systems in this new software's terms. Fortunately the customer support team is extremely responsive and very helpful.

Pros

The ability of being a one-stop shop for all our project management files for our crew foremen is excellent

Cons

Unfortunately for us it seems like this program is more focused on large scale general contractors and is almost too advanced for our needs. Perhaps we will get there over time and evolve with the software to start tracking all the metrics that this program is setup to track.

Reasons for Choosing Contractor Foreman

CF was way more affordable and offered the options that we cared most about

Neil from DK Builder

Always Improving!

Contractor Foreman is well worth the investment. I like the constant improvements that the developers are always working on. Customer service is very responsive. I have made multiple suggestions to development and have always received a response whether it be for more info or sometimes, what their plan is to implement my suggestion.

Pros

Contractor Foreman is very customizable. I like that the user can has to do a minimal amount of setup in order to start using the software.

Cons

This is very basic software. Reporting is somewhat lacking but the user has the ability to create custom reports with available data.

Reasons for Choosing Contractor Foreman

As we had not been using any software, I thought Contractor Foreman would be a good first step to introduce users to project management software.

Bryan from KR2

Great product

Great support and product that seems all around great project management from the initial contact from the client to completion of the project.

Pros

Great product. Glad training is done online and provided by US based personnel. Seems very easy to move around site. I still have a lot to explore. Many of options for training soon after signing up.

Cons

On the IPad app it doesn’t seem as easy to use.

Reasons for Choosing Contractor Foreman

You all seemed excited to help me and my company. Easy to get up and running quickly even after a project has started.

Michelle from Ethan Home Repair & Remodeling

Small Business Contractor

Although it is early in using Contractor Foreman, it seems that the customer service reps are very concerned about helping you.

Pros

This software is extremely user friendly. I believe someone with very little software experience could learn this software quite easily.

Cons

The thing I like least about this software is that I cannot have a local backup of our file without downloading.

Reasons for Choosing Contractor Foreman

After much research and speaking to reps of the various customers, Contractor Foreman was by far the best all around.

JESSICA from JR & J ELECTRIC, LLC

Jr. J

I think you have a great software with tons of potential and it is very all encompassing, I think you could charge a lot more for the software with some enhancement to the user interface online and in app as well as adding those abilities to time track any type of order but most of all the one thing above all else that keeps you from being able to charge more is the lack of integration training and lack of customer service availability. Other software companies have excellent support and customer service that you can immediately speak to on the phone at the very least all day during business hours if not even at night. The only thing that kept us with you after paying for your program and buildertrend for 3 months was that your software has more functionality. I would gladly pay more for available customer service and personalized training and set up.

Pros

You have a lot of features built into one place.

Cons

Not very user friendly, wording and descriptions for permissions for example are confusing, app user interface could be simplified for field techs, should be able to have a customer with multiple locations and the biggest feature that is missing is the ability to require time tracking on work orders and change orders. Also hate that you cannot create a service ticket with an item from an estimate or sov. Also, hate that you cannot create estimates, invoices, payments, change orders, work orders, po's, bills, expenses or add subcontractors through the project summary unless one has already been created outside of the summary.

See above

Response from Contractor Foreman

Replied October 2020

Thank you Jessica for the feedback. Will you please send me additional details bout the Con's you mentioned? support@contractorforeman.com. It's difficult for a service provider to provide live phone support that is able to answer your call when you answer without charging as much as our providers do. Most of our customers do not need that level of service so we work to keep the price low by offering live chat support and email support even during the evening and weekends.

David from North Star Design-Build

Great Package!

Great!

Pros

We needed a system for sharing files: Project contacts, schedules, safety plans, daily reports, progress photos, RFIs, submittals, etc. We tried cloud-based share drives but just had difficulties. Contractor Foreman makes it easy to share files. We use MS Project for scheduling. Many of our clients require us to submit schedules in MS Project. Contractor Foreman's scheduling feature can import and export MS Project Files. Very helpful. Best scheduling functionality with or without MS Project files we have seen after reviewing three other project management systems. Project Foreman's functionality far exceeds our driving need to share files effectively. We are still learning how we can streamline our subcontracting, schedule of values, and invoicing processes. Contractor Foreman allows us to customize templates which we have used for simplifying change orders, and we think we can use templates for warranty and release of claims statements for subcontractor closeout. In short, Contractor is a powerful and versitile project management platform. It is easy to schedule training to get your PM's and Superintendents up to speed with the system. The customer support is outstanding. The guys at Contractor Foreman are fully committed to making thier system the best.

Cons

Contractor Foreman is easy to use but, it is not the easiest system to use on the market. I haven't tried to get a Superintendent to use the system yet but, I think non-computer savvy superintendents are going. struggle. Contractor Foreman's outstanding customer support will be helpful. There are features that could be improved. There are features that could be included but are not. I would like to see a customizable daily report that is one page, no tabs. I will suggest that with the Contractor Foreman team. The templates function has a lot of potential for improving current features and adding new features. included

Tom from Michigan Specialty Coatings

Comprehensive Platform

We chose Contractor Foreman because we wanted ONE program that would accomplish the tasks of the many (6 or so) programs we were using. This software helped to consolidate our efforts and bring our company together in regards to standard operating procedures. We are still in the beginning stages of implementation, however we've been able to run many projects through from start to finish and we are very pleased with the plan.

Pros

This is a comprehensive software, that my company has integrated into everyday use. The aspect I like the most is that it is always improving. The innovators working in the background at Contractor Foreman are constantly seeking to optimize.

Cons

The biggest problem we've had is waiting on the ability to connect with QuickBooks Desktop. At this point the connection is ready and my team just needs to follow the steps.

Reasons for Choosing Contractor Foreman

For us, Contractor Foreman is much more versatile and comprehensive.

Jason from London Renovations

Contractor foreman 1 year review

We've solved time theft. It's transformed our estimating and to-do list of estimates and following up with clients.

Pros

I love the time card functions especially since it's been updated. This will save you the cost of the program alone. Very easy to use and save files and photos to review. To-do list is great. We complete projects from 15 - 100k and it's been a great help for us. Highly recommend this product.

Cons

Geo fencing isn't here yet. Can't wait for that.

Reasons for Choosing Contractor Foreman

Initial cost and ease of use.

Response from Contractor Foreman

Replied October 2019

Thank you Jason for this great review. Geofencing was added in the September update. You can enable it in Company Settings > Time. The range is defined in Project > Details. New features are being added for it including the ability to allow users of certain roles to not be required to be within the geofence area to clock in - such as a supervisor who is away from the job for a meeting about the particular job or buying materials, etc. We will continue to make the time card function even more beneficial and recently added overtime tracking. More features are on the way!

david from DSM General Contracting

Impartial

I'm very impartial. I was very impressed at first with my tutorial which made me want to purchase the program, but once purchased I realized that even for small questions it took an hour to get an answer out of someone on multiple occasions that should have been simple "set status to this" or "create an invoice this way for a project." So overall I am not as happy with Contractor Foreman as I expected to be and never would have purchased it for the amount of money if I knew it was going to cause so many issues.

Pros

I really liked the program when I first sat down and did an overview. It seemed like it would be very user friendly and I liked that layout and the abilities of the program.

Cons

The program is extremely picky, one must know exactly how it works or it won't work at all the way one would expect. The program has extreme potential to be so user friendly and it'sjust not. Every Estimate, Invoice, project, ect must be set at certain statuses to do what the program is expected to do. I consider myself fairly tech savvy and could not figure out how to print an estimate without help. With that said, the help is hit and miss. Some people you talk to are very helpful, some seem like they're just as confused as you are and have no idea how the program works which is very frustrating. Lastly, there are multiple ways to invoice clients but there's only one way to do it without messing up financing on the project and to have all invoice items on one invoice. Otherwise everything is screwed up and it is not a simple process at all.

Reasons for Choosing Contractor Foreman

It seemed to be the most user friendly.

Response from Contractor Foreman

Replied September 2020

Hi David. Are you sure you were using Contractor Foreman? To print anything, you just click View/Email PDF. Then the PDF opens like a PDF normally would and you can print it. The program is VERY flexible. That is what most people like about it compared to other systems where you have to follow a certain path. Yes, the status does trigger certain actions. While you are building your Estimate and Invoice you do not want it to send to QB or finalize your budget. That is common for any software. We met with Crystal in your office and she quickly understood everything but you haven't responded to any of our request for a free training. We really are here to help. Our employees know the system and are able to help and are not confused. I'll reach out, but let us give you an overview of how the system works and I am certain it will click very quickly for you. You can see from other reviews that the system is very easy to use and support is great. We hope to prove this to be true.

Calvin from Harris Contracting

I am very impressed with this software and extremely excited to see it help our company grow.

Very excited that I choose Contractor Foreman.

Pros

The project management tools are amazing.

Cons

It just a lot of information to get use to but it's just the typical learning stages of getting started. It normal.

Response from Contractor Foreman

Replied September 2020

One of the great things about Contractor Foreman is that you are more likely to grow into it than you will out grow it. We all want to succeed and when we get a point, sometimes the systems we started with no longer meet our needs. Contractor Foreman is different. The price is excellent for smaller and new companies and the features also fit the need of large established companies. This reduces the need to look for alternatives as you move from Residential to Commercial or as you grow and add new employees.

Michael from YM Pro Corp

Excellent Software and Great customer service

Great software...the hardest part is to make people use it...

Pros

I like the ease of use and the flexibility of the software. I really like that everything is completely adjustable and if something is missing the development team is really attentive to the suggestions and new options or features. Its always being updated and improved and has a great deal of options and features that are very helpful.

Cons

There are some minor bugs that still need to be polished out. Mostly on the mobile application however it seems that the development team is on top of it so as long as those bugs are presented and addressed to the team, they seem to be worked out quickly. I wanted to have the client portal and when I brought this up, it was already in development. Overall no major complaints

options, flexibility and cost

Response from Contractor Foreman

Replied May 2020

Thank you Michael for the great review. We look forward to releasing the Client Portal in our June update.

Matt from No 7 Development LLC

Finally

Pros

I am just starting to use the software but so far it is very easy to use. They obviously designed it for the average person to use effectively without a massive learning curve. The cost is a no-brainer compared to the competition.

Cons

I have not found any yet. Some of the training videos the sound breaks up.

Reasons for Choosing Contractor Foreman

QB integration was the biggest issue. Followed by the ease of use. Price point.

Response from Contractor Foreman

Replied October 2019

Thank you Matt for the feedback. You are right - we did build it so that it would be easy to learn for those in the office as well as the field. Time is money and we want to reduce the time it takes to understand how to use the system. Once someone understands how one module works, the rest of the system is pretty much the same and very easy to use for all skill levels.

Amanda from Rich's Drywall & Framing

Review- Just getting started

Everyone has been super helpful. Especially since I am doing all the set up on my own! This is going to help us eliminate a lot of paper!!!!

Pros

I am still in the process of integrating and setting everything up. I am learning everyday! Help is readily available whether through an email, chat, scheduled training, video or a panicked phone call! What I like most is the ability to have all pertinent information for each project available in one spot and being able to assign the level of access within roles. Implementation will be my hurdle! Changing old school habits!

Cons

I would like more ability to hide features/functions from dashboard/menu which we will not be using. Just to keep it decluttered and streamlined for users. I understand this is coming in May - folders within a project. (not just through files/photo tab) I need to be able to open a project, go to my files and have them organized in folders. Not a page of Pdf's. Excited for this. Also being in Ontario, I'm going to need to add most of my own Safety Topic info. I have a great pdf book of all topics. Page per topic. It would be nice when creating a topic to be able to attach the page in topic text window. (since pages have pic's etc. copy & paste doesn't translate into a readable document. I think the Forms has been my biggest hurdle. Through no fault of the app. lol I currenting have all my forms and checklists is a fillable pdf format, which I can add. However, once filled in I can't save that copy to project. So, I guess I'll just have tp pick away at making new forms! lol

Reasons for Choosing Contractor Foreman

Appeared to be the most user friendly. Good price and great support. Also, the openness to suggestions for constantly improve!!

Wendell from Moses Electric, Inc.

Worth every penny

It has been a wonderful experience and has made life much easier. It is extremely user friendly and very cost effective. Quite possibly the best Project Management purchase to date.

Pros

Cons

It is hard to have anything bad to say about the software. The developer team is easy to talk to, changes are made frequently and they are always improving what they have.

Reasons for Choosing Contractor Foreman

The price was hard to pass up and the software had almost every option other big software companies had.

Levi from First Impressions Concrete

Great Project Manager Software

Great. It is a great product with many features.

Pros

User friendly. It runs with the big dogs of software like procore. It has alot of features and they are improving always.

Cons

Support. I would like to talk to some one more, via phone.

Pricing.

Mark from Lotus Construction group

Checking Under the Hood

So far we are very happy with all of the features and CF has come a long ways since I first looked at it 2 years ago. Customer support is great although I haven't quite figured out if I can have a single point person for support.

Pros

I am currently reviewing this product as a stand alone construction management software. The main reason I am investigating it is so that I can ditch the several software platforms I use into a single software.

Cons

It is a bit time consuming to get up and running only because of the amount of data needed to set up.

Response from Contractor Foreman

Replied June 2020

Thank you Mark for the great review. We do not provide our customers with a main contact as we do not want you to be delayed when help is needed. Many on the team are in meetings or working with customers all day. If we assigned you a single contact and that person is on vacation, in a meeting, or on a break, that would increase the time it takes to get you a response so we prefer to make our whole team accessible.

Scott from FTBA

Great product. Outstanding people behind it.

Pros

The ability to integrate into QuickBooks is a gamechanger for efficiency and workflow. There are tutorial videos on every page to help anyone who doesn't feel confident with what they're doing. Customer service is quick, responsive, and helpful.

Cons

More analytical data could be built in - the ability to really dig deep into the numbers driving the business.

Reasons for Choosing Contractor Foreman

The best maximized valued for the right set of features. It's not that CF was the cheapest, but I believe it's the best value for our needs. And it doesn't hurt that it looks good. Some DB people work on the backend but forget about the UX and UI. CF has the feel of Mac people having designed it. UI and UX matter.

Response from Contractor Foreman

Replied May 2020

Thank you Scott for the great review regarding the recent UI changes we've made to the apps. We will finish these changes are part of the May update as this will substantially make the app more user friendly for all users. We will revise the Edit mode to show a new Common view that includes the fields used by most people but still providing access to click View All Fields to see the lest popular fields in use. This will allow you to see the most important information on the screen without the need to scroll.

Brandon from Construction Tech LLC

Great Software for contractors

Pros

It has a ton of features and really is a complete solution for contractors. The phone app has the same exact functionality as the web version. It also has allowed us to eliminate some other programs we were using on top of our old project management software. Support has been great and is always very responsive.

Cons

It does lack some customization most other companies have also I feel like it has so many features that some basic things were over looked when developing. But they do up date the system monthly with fixes and improvements so I know in the long run it will be much better.

Features, support and price

Rick from Self Employed

BuilderTrend alternative

I really like this software and plan on using it extensively.

Pros

I'm just a one-man-band company that only does a few projects at a time, so I don't have a lot of money dedicated to software. My biggest need is Co's and approval of them in a timely manner, Contractor Foreman is perfect for this!

Cons

I've struggled just a little bit in building my cost codes database...but that's more about me needing to continue working on it.

Fit my needs better

Response from Contractor Foreman

Replied September 2020

The reasons you mentioned switching to Contractor Foreman are very common. If you need any help with cost codes, let us know. You can also import them directly from the CSI or NAHB list using the Action dropdown within Cost Codes.

Darla from TalMac Construction

Valuable Tool

My overall experience with Contractor Foreman has been a good one. I am relieved to have found a software program that can help me stay on top of the many projects we have going on at one time.

Pros

What I like most about this software is the ease in which it can be used. It has all the components that I need to track a project from the beginning of the sales lead through the end of a project. I like that it pulls the information together from one module to the next as needed and that there are options for how the material is presented to the costumer.

Cons

What I like least about the software is that there is a bit of a need to jump around a bit. As the software improves and develops, I am hopeful that links will be added so that one can jump from one module to the next without having to go back into the menu bar.

Reasons for Choosing Contractor Foreman

Contractor Foreman offered more options needed for our business at a more affordable price.

Response from Contractor Foreman

Replied August 2020

Thank you Darla for the review. We are considering the ability to add multiple views to prevent the issue you are referring to.while still making it easy for someone who doesn't have projects to jump around to their data.

Brent from Curbman, Inc

Lots of Tools to mold your process to a paperless one

We are a subcontractor that performs concrete work like curbs and sidewalks. We needed a paperless system that would allow our foreman to fill out daily logs and site information, as well as time sheets. We looked at many programs but none of them had the straightforward basic style of form filling that we needed, and if they did, those programs were $400-$1k per month! Contractor Foreman is, essentially, a construction / contractor management software that streamlines daily tasks. The good part about this program is that it has so many features that any business can mold their current workflow or process to the one in Contractor Foreman by finding the right tools in the application. In my research, NO software does it all, and if you need a program that directly correlates to your current process, then good luck! You're better of designing software yourself. However, if you have some flexibility and want to eliminate all those costly miscommunications and loss of notes, then definitely give CF a try!

Pros

-Easy to setup -Easy to add records like jobs, employees, and daily logs -Continually adding new features -Quick customer service when setting up

Cons

-There are many features which I would like to see added -Was buggy at first, but all have been fixed now

Ryan from Premier DataCom, Inc.

Up and Coming Project Management Software

We have enjoyed using this software and working with the CF team.

Pros

Our company has fully migrated our operations to CF over the past few months. It has been a great organizational tool to manage all of our ongoing projects. The best part about CF is their support team, they are always available to assist and answer your questions about the robust number of features.

Reasons for Choosing Contractor Foreman

Pricing and amount of features that fit our business needs.

Response from Contractor Foreman

Replied March 2020

Thank you Ryan for the great review. We have a great team and always aim to provide great service. We know that there are many others in this space and we want each customer to have an amazing experience when they trust us to help them manage their projects. We will continue to release monthly updates and and add new features and make improvements. Adding new features and solving problems drives us to be better each day. -Steve

David from Silicon Valley Building Service & Repair

Love Contractor Foreman

The people at CF are great, quick to respond and they continue to upgrade!!

Pros

Love working with Contractor Forman!! It has helped me get a substantially better understanding of my business and total control of our reporting versus having several different programs.

Cons

It took me a little time to get to know it but not as long as my previous software.

Joseph from Reese enterprises

Awesome program! Looked at many.

Great at first, then I had to really learn how to use all the features and that got rough but mainly because I had to also learn construction billing, now its easy and love it.

Pros

It allows my whole company to stay connected, makes my life a lot easier because billing is all in one place. Tracks employee hrs, they can create nites amd change orders on the spot.

Cons

Takes time to learn, I came from quickbooks and was green to construction accounting.

Price and customer service

Jim from A Fresh Color & Design

Highly Recommended

Overall experience is this has allowed us to cancel Tsheets, we are currently entertaining cancelling QB online (we use desktop as well). Communication issues with the field, the clients, the office become integrated into 1 place also allowing for miscommunication. change orders, punch lists, estimating, job costing...etc. again to be integrated into 1 place. Love the software!!

Pros

The functionality of the software is unmatched at the price point. Tried countless other software programs/apps to only be missing more than 1 piece we needed or the price point was so far out of our budget. Contractor Foreman offers the biggest bang for the buck, has allowed us to cancel other apps and bring everything into 1 application. Project Management, Time Clock, Budgeting, Job Costing...etc. Constant updates and upgrades!

Cons

The ramp up was a little cumbersome - Free Training solved the issues Personally my biggest con is the inability to customize the actual layout of the estimates/invoices... Only other con is the learning curve BUT if i/we allow time for the learning curve to run it's course we haven't been disappointed yet

Price point, functionality!

Deanna M from Phills Home Construction

Learning curve of course, they are willing to help.

We are now able to build estimates and budgets in 1 platform and we can integrate our quickbooks too.

Pros

It is designed specifically for the construction industry. Customer service does respond to emails and phone calls usually the same day. Free live training via video chat. Unlimited training at not additional cost. Much lower in price to competitors.

Cons

Limited CRM capability. Not much in automation. Still have to use a separate service for mass emailing and texting of our current and potential clients. Does not help with marketing to clients.

Reasons for Choosing Contractor Foreman

Price and the most function already built in geared directly for contractors.

Riley from Premier DataCom

Daily Usage on Contractor Foreman

Overall, my experience with Contractor Foreman has been great. While the program may take a little bit to really figure out all the ins and outs as it offers many options and areas to discover, it is an efficient and well ran program.

Pros

I enjoy the easy use of time card tracking and being able to make admin adjustments whenever necessary throughout the day. This app gives you the option of multiple reports to track employee and/or project hours in multiple ways and views which is great for a weekly breakdown on a financial end.

Cons

Whenever there is any issues with the software, the suggestion box is always open and the app itself rolls out updates at Least once a month.

Reasons for Choosing Contractor Foreman

Contractor Foreman offered what I was looking for, in one easy location, for an affordable price.

Response from Contractor Foreman

Replied July 2020

Thank you Riley for the great review. The Time Card feature is one of the most important features we offer. We make the process simple for admins and those who normally do not like tech. Our system as a whole (with time cards) is less than what many others would pay another provider only for the time card feature. We have a lot of non-contractors that signup with us just for the time card feature itself. If there is room for improvement, please let us know as we want to continue making it even better.

Johny Sam Ilango from Diverse Tech

Amazing App!

This helps me set estimates,fix budgets, generate invoices, note down retainer amounts and keep every contact and business transaction in check without having to note down anything separately as the app is comprehensive in meeting all my business needs.

Pros

The team behind this app is amazing. They're responsive, helpful and quick to resolve any queries that I bring to their notice. The app itself evolves to include features that will add value to businesses and this is something that any company would love to see. The app is intuitive and works really well with complex features that not a lot of apps offer with this much ease.

Cons

Calendar functions could be improved to make it the perfect app!

Response from Contractor Foreman

Replied October 2018

Thanks Johny for your kind words about our Support team. We know that it is one of the many factors that sets us apart from others. We do plan on adding more features to the calendar. Being able to used fixed and variable retainage held is something that many of our competitors do not offer so we are glad it is a valuable feature for you.

Candi from CND Industrial Services

Industry: Machinery

Excellent Tool One Stop Shopping

I have 10 different inputs for a single job that all roll up / out to various business functions. CF took me from 4 different APPs to one!!

Pros

The ease of use- and the fact that it's available for desktop and app. I need both from an administrative perspective and for my job Foremans.

Cons

I am a little ADD based on my nature :) It would be nice to be able to HIDE the screens/options I don't want to see. The same thing that makes the tool SO attractive, which is TONS of different options and items to integrate is the item I would like to be able to customize to reduce. But I'd rather have the options available so in this case it's not a con as much as a personal preference.

Response from Contractor Foreman

Replied October 2018

Thank you Candi for the great feedback. To hide items from the menu that you do not plan to use, go to Settings > Roles and set the item's property to No Access. This will hide it completely. Later, if you decided you are ready to use it, you can return to the original setting. This helps you and your crew ensure you are focusing on the features you use.

Joey from Joe Cole Plumbing

Great Program

Contractor Foreman has helped us begin to streamline a lot of things and cut down tremendously on paperwork.

Pros

The timecards with GPS and the change orders are the best features for our business. Overall the system is pretty convenient to use.

Cons

I wish there was a way to disable the default jobs from the timecards section.

Reasons for Choosing Contractor Foreman

Contractor Foreman has a complete list of features we were looking for including timecards, invoices with AIA forms, change order requests, daily logs, etc. Another big factor is we found Contractor Foreman was priced more affordably for our company size than other competitors.

Response from Contractor Foreman

Replied May 2020

Thank you Joey for the great review. You can remove the default jobs by going to Company Settings > Custom > Time Cards. We look forward to bringing you many more great features. Thank you again, we do appreciate it.

David from Mansfield Electric

Great software!

These guys are the best! Ready to help and don't mind walking you through the the software.

Pros

Cons

Navigating the software can be tricky in the beginning but we are getting accustomed to it.

Features and price

Dimitri from KD Carpentry

Good managing program

Everything is on one platform. I can submit quote invoice and track expenses on one platform

Pros

Very easy to get started Fill in the blancs and it will create a professional estimate, invoice etc. Time tracking is nice. lots of good construction management features.

Cons

That there isn't a daily report category so I can see what's going on.

Response from Contractor Foreman

Replied October 2020

Thank you Dimitri for the review. We do provide one of the best Daily Log features of any construction management Service. It's not included in the basic plan you have but it is in all other plans. We can enable this for you or we can meet with you and show you how it works.

Emmett from Sandstone Property Management

A perfect software for a small business

I have been extremely happy with this tool. It has changed the level of communication internally and documentation permanently for us.

Pros

I like the way the software is set-up with video tutorials everywhere in the software. If you are unsure about something...just watch the quick video. I also like the layout and the customization it allows. The developers obviously thought of almost everything. My favourite is the daily reports and how easy they are to create and get out to owners, partners or other people, keeping everyone up to date.

Cons

This is a bit nit-picky, but the pages should automatically save. You have to remember to save each one every time. If you try to leave, it does remind you that you need to save...but it's not me...I mean idiot proof. I'm rushing through and skip this some times and have to go back.

Reasons for Choosing Contractor Foreman

The software had everything I needed, they offered a guarantee on the product and the customer service and training were superb.

Response from Contractor Foreman

Replied April 2020

Thank you Kelly for the great review. Auto-save is a feature that will enabled in our April update. We understand that things happen that are out of your control (lose of electricity, distraction, internet outage, computer crash, etc) so we see the value in making sure we are saving your work as you make changes. -Steven Gabbard

Bill from Scott Contracting, LLC

Great product, Great Value, Awesome Support

I am still learning the ins and outs of Contractor Foreman. There are so many features and options that it does take a little time to implement them all. Contractor Foreman is an all-in-one solution to many of the problems we face on a daily basis as a mid-size General Contractor. The website and mobile app are super user friendly and the support is personalized and amazing.

Pros

I like that there are so many features included that solved many of the day to day problems we were experiencing as our business continues to grow. Assigning features to users is easy and the continued updates and releases just make the product better every day. After looking at lots of different options, Contractor Foreman is the right fit for us, and definitely is at the right price!

Cons

There are so many features that it was a little overwhelming to begin with. As you read through the list, you can imagine how each one will work in your current organization's processes and procedures and just want them operational yesterday!

Response from Contractor Foreman

Replied December 2018

Thank you Bill for the great review. Contractor Foreman includes a lot of features which allows you to grow into it instead of quickly growing out of it. If you ever need help getting one of the features implemented, training is free and we will be glad to help. If there is a feature we need to add, be sure to let us know. Thanks again.

Matthew from Precision Specialized Services

Industry: Renewables & Environment

Great Software

Awesome!

Pros

i love the SCHEDULING AND TEMPLATES APPS

Cons

i do not like cloud based, and must be connected to use it.

Reasons for Choosing Contractor Foreman

the overall price, and functionality.

Tyrel from Disaster Plus

Ty the Technician

Overall it’s been great! Customer service is top notch! It’s it’s only gets better the better I learn how to use it.

Pros

I love being able to put daily notes for each project. It helps us keep track of our hours materials used and so much more. Being able to attach a picture to the job note is great as well!

Cons

Using the time clock. If there was an option to separate hours weekly it would be great. When you pull up the list to check your hours earned we have to go through the list and separate the list for each week. It’s great that the app shows you your hours for the current week but if it would show you totals for previous weeks it would be great.

Talal from T S Builders Pvt Ltd

Contractor fore man

i have been using it for 2 weeks. so far it seems the right product for my company. would recommend a new more customization which has been communicated to Contractor foreman team. i was glad that they are already working on these recommendation and should be incorporated soon.

Pros

Tracking the project cost, the option of assigning your job cost and then tracking it is nice. this way you exactly know when you are about to go overboard.

Cons

Invoicing system can be a bit better. it has certain limitation.

Reasons for Choosing Contractor Foreman

seems more integrated to my company's need so far

Devin from Cannady Architecture + Construction

Software Review

Very knowledgeable staff and user friendly platform.

Pros

Ease of use and flexibility to use in Cloud platform.

Cons

Missing critical items for overall job cost tracking.

Christopher from Cherrytree Custom Homes

Free Trial convince

I am still learning - still working through all my questions but I am satisfied that CF will help me through what ever questions I have going forward.

Pros

The support has been amazing - I have emails that encourage me to take part in the free on phone one on one training and they have been able to walk me through the rough spots. I am still not proficient but it is getting easier to manage.

Cons

When I uploaded all the receipts for one particular project and tried to access them as an openable file, it took me back to my files and I had to go through more steps than I thought necessary to open and read the receipts.

Reasons for Choosing Contractor Foreman

It was honestly less expensive. In todays world our compnay needs to keep as many funds as possible and if a product can perform the same tasks, it must be considered.

Response from Contractor Foreman

Replied September 2020

Hi Christopher. We do appreciate the great review. I'll send an email to you so that we can better understand the issue you had with receipts so that we can find out what is going on. Thanks again.

Adam from ICON CONTRACTING

Best Construction Management Software

By far the best construction and project management software that is cloud based. I have researched and tested a lot of softwares and platforms and Contractor Foreman just simply does the job exactly as you need it to. I was about to hire a developer to develop our own software because I couldn't find a software that covers our needs however once I came across contractor foreman this became history and now thats what the entire team at our firm is using.

Pros

It covers all the necessary features for a construction company in our field of design and fit-outs for commercial, retail and residential projects. It is easy to use, straight forward and basically makes your company organized and operational from one platform.

Cons

Multi Country operation we cannot separate projects across countries. Our company operates in 4 different countries and each country has its own currency so its difficult to filter the projects per country.

Reasons for Choosing Contractor Foreman

Price, Features, customer support.

Jacob from Modern Fire Protection

Bang for the buck

Complete organization. It's that simple.

Pros

This is exactly what I have been waiting for, it seems. I am in the setup and implementation stage, but I see meat and potatoes and not a lot of fluff, which is exactly what I wanted/needed.

Cons

So far, I would only suggest a little more company branding on the home page/dashboard instead of just the company name, but that's aesthetics only and not function.

ian from IGM

What we have been looking for

having timesheet, project reporting and statusing all in one platform

Pros

i am a small business owner that runs a electrical contracting company, we have grown and currently use several different platforms to manage our operations, we looked into CF and saw we can have all in one. the price for unlimited was lower than what i spend for all my other platforms.

Cons

the estimating section is a bit weak would like to have at least upload plans so we can do takeoffs

Reasons for Choosing Contractor Foreman

it was recommended by colleague

Great for combining multiple programs

Pros

I like that we have been able to eliminate multiple programs and get our company running on one website.

Cons

I hope they will be able to make a calendar based on crews scheduled and not individual employees.

Jordan from Savage Premier Builders

Amazing software

Amazing software for construction companies. I got it mostly for the scheduling but now use it for estimates, invoices, change orders, punch lists, and pretty much every other aspect of project management. This software is so inexpensive that I would never have believed that it could do so much.

Pros

I can use it from all of my devices. It is a great scheduling and project management software. it is also great for the financial side of the business such as estimates, invoices, change orders, work orders, etc.

Cons

I would like to only have to enter certain information once. For example if I create a contact and put in all of the contact information for that contact I would like to not have to put in that same contact information when I create a project for that contact.

Response from Contractor Foreman

Replied April 2019

Thank you Jordan for the great review. Regarding the 'Con', when creating a new project or a new estimate, the system will prompt you after selecting the customer and ask if you want to use the same Customer address for the Project address so that there is no need to type the same values again. Time is money and we want to save you as much time as possible by automating as many tasks as we can.