• Pros

• "Easy to search data and information. I like that a new tab opens when selecting buildings, contacts, etc. It is beneficial when multiple windows are needed and helps with productivity. "

• "It is great to have all the history of a building in one easy to find section. Logs all change orders. PO system. The correspondence is great how it works with outlook."

• "excellent support staff, great record keeping, offers a large selection of uses, tracks warranty very well."

• Cons

• "It can be a little repetitive when adding new information but this is because of checks and balances. "

• "The number of menu selections can make it seem a little overwhelming until the user is familiarized with the product. Otherwise, we don't have any major complaints. "

• "Until you really understand how to run reports it may seem confusing at first. Once trained on reports and queries it is an easy and useful tool."

Browse Dataforma Reviews

Michelle from Robert Ganter Contractors Inc

I've used DataForma for a little over 11 years and wouldn't consider another program.

Offsite access to all our info no matter where I am vs. where my teams are working. I don't have to be in the office to help, access info or make WO's while I am away from my desk.

Pros

Specific for the roofing industry. No need to change things to make it work for us. Things that don't work for me are customizable so they do. Listens to what customers say and grows utilizing user feedback.

Cons

I honestly have nothing negative to say about the program. Anything we don't like or would like to see added or changed can be discussed and considered. Most requests are implemented over time.

Rudy from Southland Rowe Roofing, Inc..

Dataforma review

We have solved scheduling and billing issues. we feel better moving forward with a consultant helping us untap the power of the machine by simply dividing the work load to 4 major functions so that each function can master its use.

Pros

the ability to track every aspect of your business

Cons

to many clicks to enter basic info. needs to be designed/ organized by a roofer and not a computer engineer. Dataformas on-boarding staff did a poor job in follow up. It would have been nice to have a consultant that we have found that understood the users need and could assist you with gaining more useful / practical help from the system.

Reasons for Choosing Dataforma

at the time we liked the salesman more. Had i known he would be leaving the company shortly after our purchase we would have chosen FCS.

Jonathan from AMW Contracting

Industry: Facilities Services

Will Make Your Office Paperless

Overall I am thankful for Dataforma, it has taken our business to a paperless office and we are running more efficiently. I would like to make the potential buyer aware that it's not a finished product and there are bugs and glitches that I am still waiting for them to fix for us. The customer experience is inconsistent, sometimes really good and helpful while other times it's very difficult to get the help you need.

Pros

I love Dataforma because it allowed us to move to a paperless office, gone are the days of file folders! I also love the software because it works in a logical way, and has the potential to help your office run more efficiently. One cool feature is that Dataforma allows you to have custom templates made to meet your specific need, this feature has had the biggest impact for us.

Cons

There a few things to mention when it comes to the cons. One of the biggest aspects of Dataforma that I do not like is the Timecard feature. There's no way for our employees to see their hours for the week, and overall the employee experience is lacking when it comes to keeping track of timecard hours-this holds us back from becoming completely paperless .One of the reasons for this is that Dataforma is in transition right now and there are some glitches and bugs, which hold the product back in a big way. To go along with this, they recently raised their fees, charging a per user fee which if we would have kept our current users, our price would have doubled. So this has been a big setback for us. Dataforma is not a polished or finished product, thus the high price really is not justified at this point.

Lisa from Swan Roofing, LLC

All In One System

Dataforma helped us get control over the entire process. It helped to streamline what it takes to go full circle. Keeps everyone in the know and has been a lifesaver in regards to being able to jump in anytime anywhere.

Pros

I love the library and being able to customize reports with photos and captions.

Cons

Feels like some things can be a bit repetitive

Reasons for Choosing Dataforma

Dataforma seemed to have all the bells and whistles needed to go full circle and cut down on countless spreadsheets.

tracey from KPost Roofing and Waterproofing

A great tool for roofers.

Dataforma has been one the biggest reasons I have been able to grow my service department from 4 to 23 trucks. The software enables KPost to keep all our previous, current and proposed work organized, while the app allows my technicians in the field to process their work orders easily which allows our staff to bill faster. The analytics and reports I can produce with Dataforma gives me the information and data to know where my strengths and weaknesses are throughout my business. Allowing me plan for the future and train away errors. With Dataforma, I can read the future.

Pros

Ease of use to keep everything organized and sorted.

Cons

No mapping feature to locate defeciences on a map.

Reasons for Choosing Dataforma

Reporting, ease of use, customization

Tiffany from Damschroder Roofing Inc

Review of Dataforma

It is working for our service dept but not as functional as I had hoped.

Pros

The ability to save important customer information to the cloud and access remotely.

Cons

The software is not user friendly and is very detailed. It takes new users a long time to understand how to input new information correctly. The way things are broken apart-building, company, customer, etc is too much. It makes it very difficult to make changes to companies as a whole. The additional cost for templates is unfair at best.

Reasons for Choosing Dataforma

Many other products. We thought its detail would be beneficial, but it has proved to be cumbersome .

Doug from H. Klein & Sons, Inc.

You need Dataforma!

We could not run our business operation without Dataforma.

Pros

We have been using Dataforma since 2006. In 2005 I thought it was interesting but decided to stick to our paper processes. After starting to use this everyone, and I mean everyone in our office agrees that business life without DF would be like going back to the dark ages. It is comprehensive yet easy to learn. We have never dealt with software support as good as they are. We use it for our service business, project management and customer management. Because it is cloud based it is constantly evolving. Don't miss the mobile APP for outside workers and the client portal for customers.

Cons

Not much. Waiting for accounting.

Kim from National Roofing Partners

User Friendly & Robust Software

I have been using Dataforma daily for 8 years. I have to train new users and it is always the easiest part of training a new employee due to the ease of use. Dataforma is always helpful and quick to respond when you have an issue or need to add a new user.

Pros

Ease of use and the fact that it can do just about everything we need it to do.

Cons

Unfortunately, two separate customers can not duplicate information. There is double entry. But, the reason you can not makes sense as all the building ID's would have to match. The API's that they are building should help.

Reasons for Choosing Dataforma

There aren't any other software systems that can handle our volume.

Money Maker

Saved time billing work orders. Gained better knowledge of service calls in real time and our customers have access to all of their building service calls and project info at their fingertips.

Pros

If I forget to file a work order it isn't lost. It is in the system and I know that I will be able to bill for it a month or two or even a year after I complete the work.

Cons

The mobile app needs more features. I would like the mobile app to work more like the web browser but more like an app.

Mike from J.B. and Company

I use Dataforma daily to track and run the service department.

Pros

Dataforma is easy to use, it has all the functionality required to quote service jobs, track them , and then bill them when you're done.

Cons

Some of the reports are difficult to run and very large. if they could be set to run with one button instead of loading this and setting up that it would be easier.

Lisa from Thomas Roofing

Dataforma Review

It has been a great experience. It has actually streamlined our side (Service) of the business and allows us to invoice quickly and get info to our customers in a timely manner. DF was able to patch into our accounting system which is very helpful.

Pros

I love the convenience of the program. I can pull information within seconds. Also the calendar is great as well. You can do so much through the calendar. The mobile app is easy for our techs to use so we are getting real time information that can be passed to the customer. In addition, we can do inspection reports while the techs are on site and send to the customer and even get approval and start to process of the repairs. I also like that a customer gets the photos and that has made a big difference with our customers. They typically don't go on the roof and to send photos to them helps them to see what work was performed and that builds trust with the customers.

Cons

I believe the biggest con would be the new changes. Some of the changes make our part of what we use in the system more difficult. I wish there would of been a little more time spent on the training with some of the changes. The "employee" portion seems to be the most difficult since we aren't using DF to do payroll, there are extra steps now. Something else that is a "con" is the credit memo process. They show up as "paid in full" and that can be difficult to follow. It would be nice if they showed up as a credit memo.

Reasons for Choosing Dataforma

A lot had to do with the mobile account. It was easy for the techs to use so we ultimately when with it.

Danielle from Delta Innovative Services

Industry: Civic & Social Organization

No Comparison - Best Overall

I have worked with DataForma in varying capacities since 2007. I have also worked with other "online based" contractor systems and hands-down DataForma is the easiest, all-inclusive, best value system I have used. DataForma is built for roofing contractors and when used it just cannot be beat. The functionality is amazing, and the continued growth and development keeps up with technology and the demands of roofing contractors. The complete history kept in easy access.

Pros

The way DataForma links everything together is amazing. To be able to know one solid piece of information and search other relationships back from that point to find what you need is amazing!! But then that does not say enough about document storage, ease of access and use, and the 1-point location for finding everything you need at your fingertips.

Cons

There are a few things that could use some tweaking. The Leads module - while we use it as a good tool it would be great to be able to transition a lead to a Work Order without having to re-enter the information. It would also be nice when using the search function to be able to click on the headings and sort by that heading.

Nathan from Pyramid Roofing

Flexible and robust functionality with great support.

We started using Dataforma a little over three years ago when we were informed about it during a trade conference. This was a large shift for us and as a roofing company, our end users were not technically proficient to begin with. We immediately noticed how supportive their staff was in making sure we transitioned to the software as smoothly as possible; they even had a company representative visit our offices to help train our staff. The software is fairly robust and there are a number of fields that can be populated in order to retrieve detailed information for reporting and reference as needed. Once familiar with the basics, we were able to speak directly with the Dataforma developers to have custom templates produced for data experts and reporting needs. The stability of the system has been absolutely consistent as they have redundant servers in multiple states. Over time we have been excited to find new ways to improve our operations, scheduling, accounting and basic CRM needs by becoming more familiar with the software and communicating with a helpful and readily available support staff. We now attend biannual super user conferences where the system administrators and various users from different companies can confer directly with the Dataforma design team. The events are very helpful in that we also confer with other users to find new ways to better use and adapt the software to our ever-changing needs.

Pros

The software is very robust and capable of producing reporting from a variety of perspectives and directions. The software continues to improve as the developers actively seek input from the end users. System stability and support has always been first rate. Great value for the investment.

Cons

Initial learning curve can be a challenge to some but the quality support makes this less of an issue. Looking forward to expanded accounting functionality.

Kyle from Altec Roofing

Dataforma for Roofing Companies

Having had extensive experience with several CRM programs designed specifically for the Roofing Industry over the past 13 years, I have been working with DataForm for the first time over the past year. We have considered leaving them for more functional software better designed for our industry, but with all the information they hold for us, we are still sticking it out. Actually, I am realizing that most of the reasons our company is not happy with it, is because they are only utilizing a fraction of what it is capable of doing. Not only that, but over the past year, they have added an entire envelope of new account management features that improve the front end and follow up account management practices that had been previously lacking. Why are there 3 different ways to do just about everything? Why does it matter so much if you click a notebook icon versus a notebook title when they should be a single movement? These are the things that can be frustrating to a new user, but once learned, this program can do a great deal - a true all-in-one package - for you business. It has been around a bit longer than most, so it is understandable for there to be room for improvement in ease of application.

Pros

How much information you can put within it, and how many different aspects of your business it can apply to.

Cons

Easy of operation....or should I say, lack thereof

Jeannette from Tri-County Roofing & Sheet Metal, Inc

Overall this system has improved our service scheduling tasks by leaps and bounds.

Pros

We use this software for our roofing service department. It is very easy to enter work orders. The dashboard is customizable to show you what you need at a glance. Our field crews get their work orders thru the DataForma app. We can change their scheduled calls in real time. It is easy to drill down work order history from a customer to a building address to an exact apartment or suite number. Trainers and customer support are very knowledgeable. The system rarely has downtime.

Cons

Reports aren't customizable until you export them. My experience is that I have had to export columns and columns of data I didn't want only to delete those columns in excel to get to the 3 to 5 columns of data I actually wanted. The system is not capable of pulling an AR aging to verify Balance Sheet AR totals. This is not an accounting system even though you can invoice directly from the system.

Nathan from Pyramid Roofing

Great Product, Great Value

Pros

The level of customization, flexibility, and overall stability of this software has made it invaluable to our business. We can reach knowledgeable staff every time we call and the answers we receive hit the mark every time. The numerous fields and sub-categories afford tremendous flexibility that enables us to customize our input/output for reporting on pretty much any attribute that we want. The new accounting modules are also well developed. In all, the functionality has enabled us to rethink and expand the analysis of many aspects of our business while maintaining close control over scheduling and operational demands at the same time.

Cons

Some users may find it a little intimidating at first but with proper instruction this should not be a problem. The user permissions are vast so having a system administrator who will remain on staff is important.

kyle from RJ Group

Highly recommend - Excellent CRM system

Excellent. Especially the customer service. this system is big and diverse and has a lot of functionality. I am not the most tech savvy person, so being able to talk with a live customer service rep exactly when I need to makes whatever price you charge worth every penny.

Pros

Until we procured Dataforma, we were limited in our growth. We could not get past a limited amount of customers because we did not have a system to manage them effectively. Since we partnered with Dataforma our service department has double in size. We are sleekly, more efficient and uniformed. We are able to communicate with our customers effectively and in a timely manner all through Dataforma

Cons

I do not like the pop-up viewing function of the pictures input into dataforma, it is clunky and inefficient. there needs to be a faster way to view pictures without exporting them. I have to remove pictures all the time and trying to see them before deciding which to include in the invoice is cumbersome and it doesn't seem to be as efficient as all the other functionality.

Reasons for Choosing Dataforma

Better fit for us. seem to be a more popular CRM system in the industry and the customer service has truly been as advertised.

Molly from Tidewater Roofing

Comphrensive CRM and project solution

Great tool for lead/project tracking, holding sales reps accountable to run leads and enter bids, and having all pertinent project information in one place that everyone can easily see. Industry specific, so not a whole lot of customization needed. Dataforma can customize almost any template to export your data. The price is super affordable for what they offer. If full accounting software was ready, it would be even better. Right now, there's a lot of double entry, but hoping that integrating Dataforma accounting with the current CRM will make things more efficient soon!

Pros

Scheduling capabilities Reporting functionality User-friendly Field app Document Solution Accessible Remotely

Cons

Full accounting functionality not available yet, resulting in double entry of projects in Dataforma and other accounting software Bulky-- have to enter information for projects in multiple places (buildings, contacts, etc...once it's all there, it's a great tool)

August 2011

Jeannie from Roofing Atlanta, Inc. - erroneously pushed through the wrong product link. Reposting for Dataforma.

August 2011

Our company specializes in commercial flat roofing. Customer service and satisfaction are our primary goals with any roofing project. We struggled for years to create a database that would be at our "fingertips" so we could easily contact our customers. We were using Quickbooks for our accounting and customer database. As our company began to grow, we really needed a database that tied all our contacts and their properties together in one "easy to access" area. A lead gen company put us in touch with a sales rep from Dataforma, and an appointment was scheduled. Scott came in to talk with us regarding Dataforma. Needless to say, Dataforma was exactly what we needed! We were ready to get started - "Where do we sign?!" Shortly after signing our agreement, Mike came to our office for "Dataforma training". We were pleasantly surprised how informative the training session was, and how easily the system flowed. Of course, we couldn't take in all the functionality of Dataforma at that time; however, the basic program was easily learned and implemented. Practice makes perfect - so the more comfortable we all became with the system, the better the information input. Mike would check on us every week or so to see if we had any questions. He could even check our input from his computer. The customer support is wonderful. Any time I have called in, someone always answers the phone and has answered my questions immediately. The system has been a wonderful asset to our company. From lead sheets to projects and work orders, all the information we need regarding a particular customer is just a click away! The Dataforma seminar in Baltimore last fall was so informative. My co-workers and I quickly learned that we were not utilizing half of the capabilities of the Dataforma system. We came away with a new perspective and understanding of Dataforma. Dataforma is always looking for input and suggestions to improve their system. They have a background in the roofing industry, which is a plus for us. Dataforma has minimized data entry and maximized the tracking of each project to give an overall view of the profitability and performance of our company. I would highly recommend Dataforma to everyone!

Tyler from T & K Roofing Co, Inc.

We use Dataforma for all of our server needs from work orders to bid calendars and document storage.

The software allows for a streamlined method of access to the files we need on a daily, weekly, and monthly basis. It allows for members of our team to access data and information while on the go and away from the office via the server and the mobile app. The compilation of activities and calendars is a great tool to enhance productivity and manipulate communication obstacles to better address the solutions for them. The software is a tremendous tool for coordination with field technicians as well as office staff members.

Pros

DataForma is a great tool for organization of individual jobs/projects/buildings/etc... It compiles all contacts and pertinent documents in one accessible area.

Cons

Sometimes, as with all software for this type of use, it can become bogged down with too much information and things can get lost. Typically they are easy to recover, but it's still possible to lose information.

Leann from Simmons Roof Maintenance

Anytime I need help I just call and I always get my question answered on the first try.

The biggest benefit is being able to see everything we have done since we have been in business without looking thru a filling cabinet

Pros

Stores all my information for jobs and helps me keep track of them, you can run reports on just about anything you would every need, at anytime I can see how much work we have done for a customer (no more looking thru years of files), they are always adding new details and upgrades to make the program faster and easier to use, the app is great for the field techs, it emanates a lot of paperwork, I can do my work from anywhere as long as I have a computer or table

Cons

Sometimes a work order gets opened on a wrong build and I would like to be able to move it to the correct building instead of closing it out and opening a new work order

Karissa from Southern Roofing Company

Dataforma has helped the chaos of our business become more efficient and standardized.

Real time information from our men in the field Creating and implementing our roof inspection reports - this cut down 80% of the time I used to spend doing this. Being able to answer to our clients how many times we have been on a job site Having access to all documents relating to a building at my fingertips We are currently utilizing the webinar videos for a new hire and I am so very thankful for those as I am not the best at training Capturing and following leads from cradle to grave

Pros

It is not only a big filing cabinet but we are able to see everything in real time. It is also very helpful to see the progress each person makes through a sale. We have been able to capitalize on many more opportunities.

Cons

The one difficulty we have had which is also a blessing in a way is that there are numerous ways to do one thing. I have had to create a system for everyone in our office to follow by due to the numerous amount of different ways to enter something in.

Stacey from York Roofing Inc.

Provides efficient tracking of our service calls.

It review was easy to navigate through.

Pros

The software does a great job of allowing us to keep all records (service calls, maintenance calls and pictures) tied to a particular location together. This gives us a running history of when were at a location and what we did on each visit.

Cons

The difficulty with creating/printing/exporting reports. All reports are canned and export every item in the module. If you want to customize a report, you have to work through the Help/Customer Service team to have them generate a custom report. I would prefer to be able to select which details I want in a report and then be able to export it.

Adrian from KPost Company

Perfect for Construction Services

Dataforma is THE business management tool for the construction industry. The software allows the user to collect and retrieve any piece of information needed to serve the customer.

Pros

Easy to use! There are many business management software options but many of them are convoluted and leaves users unsure of how to output the data they need to effectively service the customer. Dataforma breaks down the business into modules which makes it easy for the users to get all the information they need to provide impeccable customer service.

Cons

I cannot think of one aspect within the software which doesn't make my life easy; it really is that great!

Lisa from Wenger Construction, Inc.

For better or worse.

Pros

Ability to track Bids, Projects, Work Orders, Change Orders, Hours, Employee information.

Cons

Reporting function. Must pay for downloads/templates to be created, no templates to choose from. Lack of ability to track employee training records. Cost of use changed from unlimited users to a pay by user basis after we had been signed up for several years. We are no longer able to pull hours out the way we used to which caused hours of lost time on our end in order to develop a new system. No ability to track quanities of product installed. No ability to view plan pages on the mobile app.

Cara from The Roofing Company

DataForma has helped Streamline Many of our Internal Functions

Been using DataForma for approx 3 years. It's has become (as we have grown with it) a great tool within our company.

Pros

Linking/building relationships is helpful to maneuver from one platform to another under the same account, search ability, ease of use, entering data.

Cons

It's limitations. Limited fields to use. Custom exported reports have to be created by DataForma. Queries have to be created by DataForma. Searching limitations and information exported across platforms (i.e., trying to combine information from one platform and another at the same time - requires a special query).

Rebecca from Lindholm Roofing

Working with dataforma has been great. Staff has helped out with recent update.

Pros

I like that it is web-based and can be accessed anywhere. Also, the customer service is extremely helpful. They are always there to answer any question for us. I like the ability for us to customize things specifically for our roofing company.

Cons

Sometimes we have issues with the website going down or not working with the internet. Also, I wish that they would provide detailed teaching sheets before they submit out the new updates. The videos are nice, but it is helpful to have sheets. Right now we make our own after it comes out.

William from Fisher Roofing of Kearney

Dataforma has transformed the flow of our business.

Pros

I like that it stores all the info about a job in one central place. Before we had pictures and notes scattered all over a job file, now it is in all one place. Also the history on a building is fantastic to have.

Cons

One of my many complaints about Dataforma is that with the expanded functionality, also comes a lot of steps. When you are a smaller contractor it make a lot of steps for one person. For example, there is no accounting functionality but a invoice must still be completed to close out a project.

Marcella from All Roof Solutions Inc.

Dataforma is the KEY to organization!

The experience has been trial and error - but the outcome was worth it. The training course we paid for I felt should have been done later. It is too hard to learn every detail of the program when first being introduced to it. Customer support was fantastic - but we just had SO many questions about simple operations.

Pros

The flexibility in combining levels of information between Company, Contact and Building. The Work Order / Field Ticket app that simplifies sending reports to clients.

Cons

The inability to create custom templates without having to go thru the company and paying additional for these.

Stephen from KPost Roofing & Waterproofing

Dataforma Review

Great experience, don't feel DF is adapting or modernizing colored to new competition

Pros

Initial industry CRM LEADER Great Industry Partner Closed system Former Roofer designed Roofer system

Cons

Not designed for larger contractors Closed systems -needs to be API FRIENDLY Not connected through MS OUTLOOK CLUNKY to navigate Focused on accounting not basic core competencies

I haven't yet

Great, but lacking

Dataforma overall has provided a positive impact in our organization. It does take an internal champion to get everyone on board, and as with any software, you get out what you put it.

Pros

The ability to upload information from the field using a mobile device. Having complete building work history available including warranties, previous repairs, projects, and invoices.

Cons

No option for customers to report work through a mobile app. Lacking some of the bells and whistles that competitors offer.

Michelle from Guardian Roof Systems

Good software, easy transition, nice functionality.

Pros

As a CRM it can manage all of your data and then some, tons of functionality and customization options. Love that it can hold and manage both residential and commercial client information on the same platform.

Cons

If you aren't familiar with using a CRM, it can be a bit clunky to navigate. Itss actually quite easy, just a bit of a learning curve. Some of the more desired functionalities require customization that can only be facilitated through very in-depth training and development from Dataforma in-house customer reps. Which can be a bit of a let down if those features were the ones that sold you from the pitch.

Kevin from King Koating Roofing Inc.

Due to the amount of info that can be input I find many items get missed in data entry.

Data consolidation was key for this software. In the past we had a lot of information stored in multiple places and it became a daunting task to bring everything together to report to clients and management.

Pros

The amount of information that can be held by the software and in turn reported on makes it easy to pick and choose what we can show our clients, or management.

Cons

Some of the fields are a little bit of overkill and unnecessary, and just adds to the confusion when entering data.

Dataforma for Roofing

We are starting to use more of the features with Dataforma. We like the ease of tracking estimates with the different databases

Pros

Using this software has allowed us to keep our service department running smoothly. It makes looking for contact information and a full history of service dates easily accessible.

Cons

Allowing our customers access to their history does not seem to flow smoothly

Deborah from Grace Roofing & Sheet Metal

The system has helped us to more efficiently mange our projects and track work orders.

Pros

It has solved many of the issues we used to experience managing the different jobs. We can now collaborate and communicate more effectively with sales personnel and service technicians from the features on the mobile app. Having the ability to change statuses, enter notes and upload pictures from the field has dramatically reduced the number of phone calls we had to make in the past. There are still a number of features we have not implemented as yet but so far we are happy with the functionality.

Cons

The software does not have a full accounting platform so the invoices have to be migrated to our accounting program which sometimes experience issues with the transfer.

Terry from Great Plains Roofing & Sheet Metal

Dataforma has streamlined our service department.

Pros

The ability to access all of the service departments work from any computer, tablet or phone. The cloud storage of photos is also a great feature.

Cons

I would like the app to be set up for office use. Currently the app is designed for the field techs. If you are out of the office and need to schedule work, you will have to log in through the website.

Michael from Strategic Roofing Solutions, LLC

Review of Dataforma usage for our company

We are generally happy with the abilities and features.

Pros

Client/portal access. Photos automatically get applied to reports if in the correct folder

Cons

Glitches daily. Unable to load photos many times through the app on the phone. Difficulty when creating customers/companies with the new changes.

Reasons for Choosing Dataforma

Previous usage and understanding of the abilities up front

Johnny from CRC Roofing INC

Hand Written work orders to 100% paperless during the first big RAIN storm of the year.

We are new to using Data Forma field service. So far it has been great and very easy to use once a data base is built. The customer service has been great and we never feel rushed or that we bought a product and have been passed off. The hardest thing for us has been not going backwards and resorting back to hand written work orders and reactive behavior vs pro-active when dispatching a repair or an emergency type of call. Change is never easy but it is necessary to grow in a positive manner. This Dataforma is exactly as advertised and as the Data is provided it becomes easier to use and manage. Positive Results are immediate.

Pros

The ability to track everything possible about a job, customer or building is amazing. It is very easy for the field techs to use and get us the info we need so our customers get what they require in a great turn around time. The Dataforma employee who is doing our training etc has been amazing and exceeded our expectation by leaps and bounds.

Cons

Anything negative I have to say so far is on our companies end and accepting change without resorting back to old habbitts.

Brendan from Stout Roofing

Great Idea but I need more help

Pros

I like that the company wants Dataforma to do all things. HR, Accounting, CRM, they have a lot of features.

Cons

There are so many features and to set them all up in the back end is very labor some. So much so I don't even think that I use even a fraction of the capabilities. They have webinars but it is so hard to know what to focus on.

Jaunita from Tri-State Roofing Contractors, LLC

I enjoy DataForma. I think I do not utilize the majority of its capabilities.

We can share files. Dataforma helps save the environment and resources because we just upload the original paper and all the office staff can look at it without using the extras that hard copies require.

Pros

My favorite thing about Dataforma is the ability for job files and information to be uploaded and not restricted to a paper file in a drawer in an office.

Cons

I cant say there is anything I like least about DataForma. It's just about getting in there and learning how to use it and being disciplined in the habit of putting stuff in there.

Dan from Delta Innovative Services

It works if you make it work for you

We needed a way to track where we have been with roofing repairs in the past and where money is being spent by our clients. The software allows for reports to be built extremely quickly and with the cloud integration adding photos to repair invoices is very simple.

Pros

The software is very powerful and useful once the foundation is built and then added to over time. If you want the software to really be productive historical input is key.

Thomas from SCRT

It is an integral part of our business and critical to capturing cost and maximizing efficiency.

Pros

The mobile platform allows me to redirect crews on the fly and collects all their pictures and work notes effortlessly.

Cons

Some tasks require too many clicks and pages to accomplish simple tasks. Customization of forms and checklists is not very easy and requires support. Have to track maintenance contracts separately in a spreadsheet.

Marissa from Environmental Roofing & Waterproofing

This system helped us get rid of thousands of pages of paper and helped track client information.

Pros

Easy to use and track client data. Allows us to find work history very easily for buildings, clients, etc.

Cons

Sometimes it feels like you have to click multiple times to do something. Like when you have to print a work order. Also, when you need to change building info you can't do a mass change you have to do each one individually.

Cindy from RSI Roofing & Solar

Overall Dataforma has increased our accuracy and efficiency

Dataforma has made it so much easier to track work performed, track projects assigned to sales staff, warranties etc..

Pros

Cons

ability to make address changes to a company that will update all buildings, wish there was greater ease at setting up users

Kristi from RSI Roofing

DataForma has been great for our company - easy to use.

Has been very easy to use and keep track of current and previous jobs weve had as well as customers.

Pros

Dataforma stores all the necessary data we need. Its easy to use and functionally for everyone in the office and even the field.

Cons

Some changes that have been made to certain areas have made it a little more confusing than it was before.

June 2015

Geoff from Mid-South Roof Systems

June 2015

Great software for management of customer info in a Service Department

Pros

DataForma allowed us to be much more effective and efficient in serving our customers. The organized way information is kept and the relationships that are built between data allow for an account manager to quickly answer customer questions.

Cons

The software user interface can be overwhelming at times. There are a lot of options on any given screen. This is necessary because of the power of the software but it needs some polishing, particularly for use with mobile or tablet devices.

Stacia from RSI Roofing

Great CRM product for a roofing company.

Pros

Cons

It does not link the reported to on work orders to the contact so that you can see the history of what they have reported.

david from m. potteiger

Very helpful system. Helps my company be more efficient

Pros

I can keep track of all my roofing projects and all my service work with fewer office staff. I can update all my customer question with a touch of a button.

Cons

It hard to keep up with all the new features. There are so many new things happening I can't seem to utilize everthing

July 2015

Curtis from Rackley roofing Company, Inc.

July 2015

Dataforma is a great asset to our company!

Pros

Dataforma has helped us streamline our service work and has given us a central location to manage all of our important documents for each job. It's web-based, so any of our employees can log in, no matter where they are. The mobile app has been very useful for our field technicians as well.

Cons

The only issue we've had has been a request for automation on email generation for reminders, events, etc. But, this information is available on each employee's home screen.

We use Dataforma primarily for work orders and billings and collections.

Pros

The software is easy to learn and use. It easily creates billings and tracks collections. Will also track open work orders.