• Pros

• "The ease of use is fantastic. Ability to import new drawings and revised drawings is great. Customization is easy. "

• "Easy to learn, easy to use. Great customer service when ever I have issues with software bugs. I really like the way the actual estimating interface is set up especially on the two screens. "

• "Easy to set up and easy to understand Excellent help when it is needed The on screen takeoff is easy to use"

• Cons

• "It can get expensive once you start getting a lot of users, but other than that it is great and we are not to that point yet anyways."

• "Some of the takeoff button script is a little on the small side. Larger text would be helpful but its a give and take as I don't want to lose takeoff screen size for larger text"

• "Having grown up before the wide use of computers. It has been a slower process in discovering the huge capabilities of this program "

Browse FastPIPE Reviews

Jay from APSI

Great program and very customizable

It does 99% of what we want and need.

Pros

Takeoffs are saved, uses excel as a final output, which allows us to customize a great deal.

Cons

Don't move fitting buttons during software updates! Allow for more customization of fitting button locations. It would be nice to customize the job list(bidding) screen. Be able have maybe a checkbox to confirm a project has plans, or a takeoff has been completed.

Reasons for Choosing FastPIPE

They did not have as good of a sales pitch, there GUI isn't as easy to deal with, and I believe it was more expensive.

Reasons for Switching to FastPIPE

It did not offer everything in one package. We would have to take off with OST and then use a spreadsheet to record all of our takeoffs.

Response from FastEST

Replied May 2020

Thank you for your review, Jay. We appreciate your feedback! In our latest version of FastPIPE, we now allow users the ability to customize the first 21 fitting buttons per material spec. We are also working on the ability to add job header fields to your program, which would allow you to further customize the job list screen. Please call us anytime at 800-828-7108, if you need help with any items large or small, or have additional feedback to offer. Thanks again, Jay!

Perry from The Brandt Companies, LLC

Best Bang for the Buck

Pros

FastPipe is the most user friendly and flexible estimating program out there. I have used all of the different estimating software systems, over the past 25 years, and FastPipe is always my first choice. Mark and his team never forgot the KISS principal for estimating, keep it simple. I don't want or need the program to do everything for me, but I do need to know everything that is going into my takeoff. The onscreen takeoff and the ease of creating nested assemblies has taken FastPipe to the next level.

Cons

I would like a couple more reporting options, but over the years they have eliminated all the main issues I had with the program.

Reasons for Switching to FastPIPE

Left my previous employer to get away from Autobid. Life is too short. If I wanted to be a CAD operator, I would do that. I am an estimator.

Response from FastEST

Replied June 2020

Perry, thank you for your review! We value your feedback. Please reach out at any point if we can help you with any program issues, or if you have any questions or suggestions as well!

Darrell from Mullins Mechanical

Fast Pipe Review

Pros

Easy to use. simple layout of the spread sheet.

Cons

Not enough different types of piping systems

Response from FastEST

Replied April 2020

Thank you for your review, Darrell. We appreciate your feedback. Please reach out to us at any point at 800-828-7108, if you have any questions about our material database. We have about 100 pre-built specs that come with the program, but if you aren't finding a particular piping type or material, it might well be in our database, but just needs set up within a spec. And we'd be happy to help with that (usually only takes a couple minutes!). Thanks again, Darrell.

Tim from Danboise Mechanical, Inc.

Easy to use and worth the price

We use FastPipe to bid complex and simple piping and plumbing projects.

Pros

IT was very easy to start right out of the box. Their support staff quickly helps you get up and running with custom features.

Cons

Would be nice to have more localized costing, the parameters they have do allow for it, I just don't know how easy it is to implement.

Initially, cost.

Reasons for Switching to FastPIPE

Our subscription expired and we did not see the value in resubscribing.

Response from FastEST

Replied June 2020

Tim, thank you very much for your review! We appreciate your feedback. Please reach out at any time if you need anything, at 800-828-7108. We'd be happy to discuss ways to help you with your local material costs, and the best way to implement them. Thanks again, Tim!

Colton from Bolin Plumbing

FastPIPE Bolin Plumbing Review

Customer Service is great. Anytime I have a question their team is just a phone call away.

Pros

I like the ability to change almost everything. I like that it was able to be customized to our needs as a company even in the little things.

Cons

At times it can be cumbersome when switching materials from one spec to the other.

Reasons for Choosing FastPIPE

FastPIPE came highly recommended from some friends in our industry. It also worked with our hardware here at the office.

Bolin Plumbing needed to bring our processes into the 21st century

Response from FastEST

Replied December 2019

Thank you for your review, Colton! We appreciate your feedback. Please call our support team at any point, at 800-828-7108, if you have questions about switching material specs, or any other topics. Depending on the situation, there are a few different ways to handle a change in material, value engineering, change orders, etc.

Brandon from B2 Constructors

Simplified but Efficient and Accurate Takeoff Software

Overall experience with FP is excellent and I would highly recommend. I test drove other packages, including the Rolls Royce of mechanical estimating and ended up here!

Pros

FP is easy to use and the learning curve is minimal for a software package of this capability. I've estimated anything from a few thousand dollars to a $5M Chiller Plant upgrade project with 12,000 man-hours. Customer service is on point too. Best yet, a company can do a monthly rental, which is unheard of. FP is focused on customer needs and it really shows.

Cons

I wish the material pricing aspect was easier.

Reasons for Choosing FastPIPE

Price, ease of use, monthly rental available,

Joe from The Bosworth Company

Estimating Software Made for the End User

Great group of people starting from the reception desk which are friendly and helpful to the tech desk which so far has been helpful & friendly also in every aspect answering questions such software, modifications, building your library, tips to do things easier, IT issues and the willingness to stay with you to get things worked-out when you have a problem or idea.

Pros

It's hard to say what I like best about this estimating software, it was described from FastEst that you can build and modify the software to fit your company and estimating style building you own personable library of Job Items, Assemblies, Specs, PFV coloring, end of job reporting mods and the take-off screen lay-out is very well thought out also. Very friendly to the end user setting up and the easiness of using every day. It is one estimating software I truly enjoy coming to work everyday opening up and using all day long.

Cons

With the progression of on screen take-off it has come a long way from previous other brand of estimating software I have used in the past. I wish I could share something that really stood out about some area of the FastPipe software & reporting but I really can't. This is my 3rd year using this software in our company.

Reasons for Choosing FastPIPE

Word of mouth thru the industry. You don't need an engineering degree to operate. The overall look and feel of the take-off screen, software icons and the user friendliness in the demo.

Reasons for Switching to FastPIPE

On screen take-off is now the future of estimating. The ease of take-off, making a change or change request in the middle of a job from your original on screen plan take-off. Also the Value Engineering aspect of a job with the cloning options for adding or deleting your original take-off. I can now make plan cost changes to a job just in minutes which would had taken an hour or more doing it other or older ways. And the last being an estimator I can go back just open up the screen, check my plan take-offs & review my reports with a touch of a button.

Response from FastEST

Replied May 2020

Thank you for your review, Joe! We value your feedback. We truly appreciate your positive commentary, as one of our more adept and well-seasoned users. And we also value any additional feedback or suggestions you might have as time goes on. Thanks again, Joe!

Bruce from Silicon Valley Mechanical

FastPipe Ease of Use Review

My overall experience is pretty good. It has a lot of features and is very easy to use. We have new employees using it and they get up to speed fairly quickly.

Pros

Very intuitive product. Easy to use and set up. The program has a very extensive data base of products to use and there are updates to products and pricing available on a regular basis. I find it to be very accurate for our piping estimating requirements.

Cons

1. The options for printing out reports could be better. There really needs to be a way to to get the "Section", "Area", "System" and "Remarks" from the take off header on to the Chart report. This would be one of the most helpful things for me. 2. The print function needs some improvement. I find when printing the section or take off's the lines overlap and you can not read them. 3. Really need to update the user manuals and tutorials. They are way out of date.

Reasons for Choosing FastPIPE

Ease of use, overall cost

Response from FastEST

Replied January 2020

Bruce, thank you for leaving a review for FastPIPE! We appreciate your feedback. In our new version coming out in the next month or two, we'll actually have a new label on the Charts page, that references those takeoff headers you mentioned. We've always worked hard, trying to integrate and adapt to the countless types of printers and printer drivers on the market, but it can still be a challenge. Many times, a good workaround is to export to PDF, and then print from there. And with our latest versions, we have a nice library of in-program user tutorial videos, that can be accessed from right inside of our programs (via the question mark button at top-right corner of the program bar). Please reach out to us at 800-828-7108 at any time, Bruce, if we can help you with any questions big or small. Thanks again for your review!

Kevin from Omega Plumbing

Daily Fast Pipe Use Review

I use this program on a daily basis. I know I'm not using this program to it's full potential because I have not quite figured out how to make or use assemblies, job items, or how to create my own spec. I'd like to see a text book style book or manual to help figure some of these items out. I know they have educational seminars all over the country but they are always far away from me and the one time they came to Chicago last year, I was on vacation. I'd also like to learn how to customize this program a little more. But I really like this program and can't recommend it enough.

Pros

Cons

Very minor complaints about the way some of the fittings are organized in specific material spec sections. There are also a lot of fittings that don't have pricing in some of the lesser used spec sections. And some times I get exceptions on certain pipes with errors about insulation specs or hangers and I can't quite figure out how to correct that.

Response from FastEST

Replied June 2020

Thank you for your review, Kevin! We appreciate your feedback. Please reach out to us at any point, at 800-828-7108. We'd be happy to show you how in our latest version you can customize the fittings list within specific material specs, so you can move more common fittings towards the top of your fitting interface. And while we have moved away from printed or PDF manual-style help liteature, we've now integrated numerous topical help videos directly inside the FastPIPE program. Thanks again for your review, Kevin!

Gordon from Luse Thermal Technologies

Highly Efficient Estimating Software

Able to have more consistent estimates and able to make simple changes easier and faster. The overall speed of completing an estimate has increased and errors are easier to spot. The on screen takeoff features have solved many of the inefficiencies experienced with our last software solution.

Pros

Ease of use and customization. The recap sheets allow you to make the adjustments unique to you and your company or market as needed. The ability to quickly alter productions by adjusting rate per hour or overall hours from the summary screen. Incorporation of standard assemblies and ability to clone redundancies within plans. It seems that at nearly every opportunity, capturing efficiencies was of high value for this product. Easily sorting takeoffs across multiple categories has been a game changer for us.

Cons

Lack of advanced training and/or manuals for advanced usage. Having to recalculate and reload the excel workbook for every breakout. Significant data entry required to get productions and material pricing accurate.

Reasons for Switching to FastPIPE

Better sight into the background of estimates and how pricing and productions are calculated and maintained. More customized recap form that can be easily filtered to provide any data from your estimate that you would like to drill down on.

Chris from Damon Mechanical Services

Features That Match Our Needs

It has made our estimating process reproduceable by all who use it. All bids come onto a common spreadsheet that allows for easy review. Fast-Pipe was easy to get set up the way we like it and an easy takeoff function made for an easy transfer of systems when we purchased the Fast-Pipe system.

Pros

We are a mid size PHVAC contractor ($3-5M/Yr) and our prior system was more advanced than we required. Fast-Pipe has the features we need without a lot of features we would never use. It has an easy interface from Plan Loading to Spec Adjustments to takeoff ease. The other feature we like is a direct transfer of the outputted data onto a very user friendly bidding spreadsheet. Our former software required us to manually design a spreadsheet and transfer basic data by hand in order to bid the project.

Cons

It can be time consuming to track down specific items in the data base catalog if you aren't sure how they are originally placed.

Reasons for Switching to FastPIPE

We were looking for a new system that was not tied into a Project Management System. We were getting less and less customer service on the estimating side.

Response from FastEST

Replied April 2020

Thank you for your review, Chris! We appreciate your feedback. Not sure if you're upgraded our latest version of FastPIPE or not (just give us a call at 800-828-7108 if not, and we'll get you updated), but one of our newer features is the Catalog search function, which makes the process of searching for specific items much easier than before. Thanks again for your input!

Jack from 5280 Plumbing Inc

Feedback

Customer support is excellent. I was putting is extra time on the week-end bidding and take-off of a motel last year . I had an issue with the program not working properly (not sure what happened), but put a call in early Sunday morning and had a response with-in two hours. FastEst Rep had me back up and running with-in minutes.

Pros

User friendly and the maneuverability thru-out the program.

Cons

Not able to copy a second plan. Example. (I load up the plans needed, but sometimes, I would like to be able to have a second copy of a single sheet, but not been able to do that).

Reasons for Choosing FastPIPE

I was not originally involved when the Owner was considering estimating software, (FastEst was being considered) but upon my suggestion of FastEst (because of my experience with FastEst at another firm), the Owner decided to use the FastEst Pipe Estimating System. We have been pleased with the program and support of FastEst. Highly recommend to anyone considering an estimating program.

Response from FastEST

Replied December 2019

Thank you for your review, Jack! We appreciate your feedback. Call us whenever you have a few minutes (800-828-7108). There are a couple of ways you can get a second copy of the same plan into your estimate, and we're happy to show you how.

Steve from Haberberger, Inc. Mechanical Contractors

FastEst is ALL you need.

Great product, great service. Non-complicated, in less than an hour, you will be building an estimate.

Pros

I have used several different "top brand" programs during my ongoing 30 yr career as an MP estimator and project manager. Programs that varies in the ranges, from digitizer to on screen take off. The pipe & duct programs are so easy to use, you almost wonder - can this be true. We're programmed to work harder, not smarter. FastEst changes all that. Estimating efficiency and accuracy is what FastEst provides for me, not to mention the affordable price and options you can select for your particular needs. The other very, very important selling point is that when I have an issue and call the help line.....the person who answers the phone helps you right then - your issue is resolved. NONE of the competition does that, you place your call, they take your info then hopefully someone calls you back timely. FastEst customer service is the best.

Cons

That my competitors may discover FastEst....... I'd like to push one button for the material price updates and be done. Currently we get our materials quoted anyway as most of our bids are sizable.

EDWARD from DIXIE PLUMBING SERVICE,INC

FastPIPE Review

MY OVERALL EXPERIENCE HAS BEEN VERY GOOD. THE SOFTWARE IS EASY TO LEARN AND THE SUPPORT IS FANTASTIC WHEN REQUIRED (INSTALLING ON NEW LAPTOP).

Pros

THE ABILITY TO IMPORT PLANS, PROCEED WITH TAKEOFF, AND OVERLAY REVISED PLANS TO SEE THE CHANGES THAT HAVE BEEN MADE. THE ABILITY TO INCREASE THE PLAN SIZE IN TAKEOFF IS A GREAT ASSET AS YOU CAN PRINT THE VISIBLE PORTION ONLY IF REQUIRED.

Cons

I WOULD LIKE TO SEE A SEARCH BAR TO FIND PAST JOBS AND I WOULD LIKE THE JOB LIST TO BE AT THE TOP IN LIEU OF REFRESHING.

Reasons for Switching to FastPIPE

THE FIRM I WORK FOR NOW HAD ALREADY PURCHASED FASTPIPE. I HAD ESTIMATION WHEN I WAS IN BUSINESS AND RETIRED.

Response from FastEST

Replied May 2020

Thank you for your review, Edward! We appreciate your feedback. Per your comments in your review, I believe you're on our latest version nowadays (version 20.1.1), so you now have both job list search and catalog search available, among other search options we've recently added. And related to job list refresh, let us know of your exact issue. If it's related to needing to view your most recent bids at the top of your list, you can click the "Bid Date" header to sort by oldest or newest, depending on your preference. Thank you again for your input -- please reach out anytime at 800-828-7108 for any questions or further suggestions you might have.

Brad from DiGesare Mechanical Inc

Fastpipe

Pros

Very easy to learn and navigate, Fast takeoffs

Cons

1. Can not update original drawings with addendum drawings. 2. Can not preform area square foot measurements on the drawing. 3. Its hard to quickly take off multiple items.

Non users of Viewpoint became users of Fastpipe

Reasons for Switching to FastPIPE

People were not using the product

Response from FastEST

Replied May 2020

Thank you for your review, Brad! We appreciate your feedback. Let us know when you have some time to chat -- we can fill you in on numerous helpful features within our FastPIPE program. These include, but aren't limited to: Plan Overlay and Plan Replacement (both helpful when it comes to addenda plans and other revised estimate drawings); setting up a Job Item for calculating measurements like area per square foot, lengths per linear foot, etc; and the use of assemblies, AutoConnect, and the new QuickPick menu (all helpful ways to help you take off your estimates faster). Thank you again for your review, Brad!

Jason from Art Plumbing Company

FastPipe is a lifesaver

Our company is involved in may multi-million dollar projects. Many that are not designed when we first receive the plans. FastPipe allows me to draw piping while creating an estimate and afterwards, I can print the plans with my layout to share with the owner/engineer team to indicate the extensiveness we went through to create an accurate budget. Additionally, we now don't have the need for so many people to complete the task of estimating which frees up resources for other departments

Pros

This software allows me to take on at a minimum twice the projects compared to taking PVF off by hand. I have used other estimating software in the past that really over complicated the process

Cost, ease of use

Reasons for Switching to FastPIPE

Their product was not user friendly and this is a big factor in getting our budgets completed and properly assessed

Response from FastEST

Replied December 2019

Thank you for your review, Jason! We truly value your feedback. We're here for you, if you or any of your other team members ever have any questions or need assistance with the FastPIPE program. Call us anytime at 800-828-7108.

Robert from Appolo Heating, Inc.

FAST PIPE

I have been using Fast pipe for over 20 years and it allows me to estimate a job accurately and have it organized for installation. its just a very efficient way to estimate a job.

Pros

-The ease of use is awesome. you can down load a set of drawings set the scale and start taking a job off very quickly. -The assembly's you can create along with the standard ones already set up make take offs very fast. -The fact that you can print the colored take off drawings and have all the systems with a different color is great to hand to the field. - Great for doing design build job estimating as you can draw the pipe as you go and have job laid out. much more accurate way to price. - Printing material list by system and or material type or by area. gives you a lot of variations to get materials ordered for the job. - they are constantly updating the software and data base to keep it current.

Cons

- Really do not have any con's. As stated above they are constantly updating the software with improvements and data base.

Reasons for Choosing FastPIPE

most efficient way to estimate for the value

Edward from Stewart Plumbing Inc

Best Estimating software on the market!

I have been estimating for almost 20 years and have used two other programs before Fastpipe and can say honestly that fastpipe is by far the best and easiest estimating program I have use. They listen to any changes we think would improve there product, I use it daily for over 7 years now.

Pros

Reliable, easy to uses, Fastpipe always keeps up on updating the data base and are always improving their product to keep up or stay ahead of the market. Great customer service, we have built up a relationship with the guys both professionally and personally.

Cons

The only thing I can think of if we could have (2) of the program open on one computer once we have (2) or more licences.

Reasons for Choosing FastPIPE

Designed by a plumber so it is easy to uses.

Reasons for Switching to FastPIPE

Started working for Stewart Mechanical and that is what they were using

Response from FastEST

Replied May 2020

Thank you for your review, Ed! We truly value your feedback. As you mentioned, we are always receptive to any feedback and suggestions from customers (that's how many of our best and most helpful features have come to fruition). Please reach out at any point, as we're happy to help with any questions or problems big or small. Thank you again, Ed, for your review of FastPIPE!

February 2016

Vern from Central Mechanical Services

February 2016

I am an Estimator with 35 years of practice, all types of programs

Pros

Ease of learning. Comprehensive materials price service provided. Availability to many industry standard labor data bases and accuracy of Fast Est Materials labor data. Assemblies, Reports available exportable to Excel. Ability to import data from other takeoff. Ability to copy plans from Fast pipe to Fast duct or vice versa, saving time for job setup, Customizable Bid workbook to fit company needs, Ability to feed into combined Pipe and Duct workbook from either Fast Pipe or Fast Duct program, Takeoff tools within program, ability to replicate visuals and paste for repeated patterns, Scaling options great Customer support is the best I have ever experienced Cost of programs and yearly support fees are very competitive. Absolute best bang for the buck. Ease of copying take for show and tell purposes Program is entirely flexible to be used in network configuration or stand alone.

Cons

Nothing to not like. The product is the best software I've used in my career.

August 2012

Chuck from All States

August 2012

When I first looked into FastEST products in 1997, there were plenty of other options out there. Over time, we have watched those competing companies get bought out, merge with others and some go out of business altogether. Accuracy is a big concern when it comes to estimating in general. With the high pressure to kick out large volumes of estimates, mistakes are easy to make and in some cases, cost people their businesses. FastEST provides a high level of transparency in their products, making it very easy for managers to review estimates before they are sent out. All of the data is exported to excel where it can be analyzed, cut and diced into manageable chunks and quickly compared to historical data. Many other programs claim to do this, but are not as seamless. We are fortunate to belong to several trade organizations and had the opportunity to ask our competitors what programs they were using. We were amazed to find out they had spent thousands of dollars on other programs and never made it to full implementation. After talking with these people the reason why became more and more apparent. If it is not intuitive and easy to understand, it will simply not get used. Many estimators are brought up through the ranks in the field, into the office and expected to understand computers. FastEST shines in the power of simplicity. While most other programs require a week training or more, we can have someone up and going in a matter of a few hours. The interface is very user-friendly. When its crunch time a call back or a response to an email is too long to wait! Although I would have to say emergencies have been quite rare with the program, when issues have arisen, a quick phone call and the support staff will get you back on your feet. Like anyone that knows what they are doing, they make it look easy and they are almost always done in a matter of minutes. Other programs we have used require an email to be sent before you are even placed in the queue. In 1997 when I first started using the program, we were doing strip malls and gas stations. We now use the program to estimate all manner of public and medical facilities well into the ten million dollar range. This is a product that can help you grow your business and grow with your business. We have been fortunate to have FastEST as a partner in our business and contribute much of our success to the power of the program.

David from Mid-Michigan Mechanical Insulation, Inc.

FastWRAP

Pros

FastWRAP insulation software has doubled the amount of projects we can bid and increased our sales to match. It allows us to send electronic copies of project prints that show the highlighted systems to be insulated in color. Not only does it save time and money in the office, but in the field as well. The technical support is fast, personal and knowledgeable about the product. It makes figuring bulletins and change orders simple and easy to read for other contractors and building owners. The software is very flexible allowing for a range of pricing, labor and the ability to add in personal estimating "extras" that compete a bid. The training sessions are informative and paced to include everyone's ability's.

Cons

Over the last four years we have not experienced any issues with FastWRAP.

Cost and ease of use.

Reasons for Switching to FastPIPE

Cost. Other estimating software did not continue to upgrade their products.

Kyle from The Brandt Companies

Efficient for use and cost

Many years ago we realized our old estimating software was not efficient with regards to assemblies and reports - we had too many estimators spending time making reports for operations, rather than helping cost new opportunities. After reviewing several softwares, we found that the support from FASTPIPE during the sales process was a good indication of how they would be after the sale - they were top-notch all the way. We immediately noticed the setup and training was easy and that we could send data to operations and let them run reports however they wanted, which saved us time. The cost was also much more competitive than several other options, which is a nice benefit.

Pros

FASTPIPE is easy to start, easy to use, provides all reports in native Excel format, and an excellent value for the money. Though it is rare that we need assistance, the customer support is second to none. We have always received immediate responses to our questions, and that matters in today's fast-paced world. I highly recommend this product whether you are doing $100k or $100M bids.

Cons

I would like a few more options in terms of custom reporting, but the EXPORT feature does a good job of handling most of those. Would also like some more options when setting up specifications for underground work.

See notes above

See notes above

Ronald from A&H Plumbing Co.

FastPIPE Usage

It has been a huge asset for us in the estimating of our bids.

Pros

I like being able to create job items and assemblies that can be used on multiple jobs. i love being able to sort and filter the material worksheets to get information for different phases of work. I also want to praise the technical support staff at FastPIPE. They have been there whenever I have a question or a problem. They are outstanding!

Cons

I wish we were able to manipulate the fittings list on the takeoffs to place the most commonly used fittings together

Reasons for Choosing FastPIPE

We chose FastPIPE because it is user friendly.

Response from FastEST

Replied June 2020

Thank you for your review, Ronald! We appreciate your feedback. On our latest version of FastPIPE, which I believe you're currently running, we now have a way to customize your fittings menu, so that you can have more common fittings placed towards the top of your list. Give us a call at 800-828-7108 and we can show you how to customize your specs! Thanks again, Ronald!

Robert from Beetz Plumbing

Plumbing Contractor

Consistency. When I manually do a takeoff, the amounts can vary from one time to the next. When I use FASTPIPE, your numbers are the same.

Pros

When you are performing a takeoff, when you click on the next fitting, it automatically fills in the pipe size, length and hangers.

Cons

There are a few fitting I never use on the first sheet, and some I use all the time that are on sheet 3. If I could arrange the fitting list so the most popular items were all on one screen.

Reasons for Choosing FastPIPE

I chose FASTPIPE because it was the easiest to use. I have 2 monitors and I am very happy with the system.

Response from FastEST

Replied April 2020

Bob, thank you for your review! We appreciate your feedback. Give us a call when you have a few minutes (800-828-7108). We can show you how to easily customize your fitting takeoff buttons, so your most comonly used items are on the front page of fittings. These settings are accessible within any specific piping spec. Thanks again for all of your valuable input!

Jeffrey from JLG Estimating Services

Best I've used

Fastest is a wonderful program. If you are looking to bid and win more jobs this is the product to buy.

Pros

Fastpipe is very easy to get up and running. The service after the sale is superior. When you have questions someone is always available and usually right away. It has a huge database and I am able to tackle any size job. The assemblies are very useful. All takeoff is done on screen using only a mouse and keyboard. The ability to color code the takeoff is wonderful. I've used all types of estimating software in the last 30 years and when the time came for me to start my company the choice was Fast-pipe.

Cons

I can honestly say that Fastpipe has very few cons and I can't think of any at the moment.

Reasons for Switching to FastPIPE

Complicated and long learning curve

efrain from Mesa Mechanical

Industry: Commercial Real Estate

Very Efficient

It has solved our estimation quote problems. ours numbers have gotten a lot more closer than they were before.

Pros

Program is very flexible. It will allow you to get as detailed as possible or you can make it as basic as you want and still get an accurate reading of what you are trying to do.

Cons

updating pricing is a hassle. other estimating programs i use i just update and it is done. with this program, i have to go in and adjust pricing due to pre-loaded specs.

Response from FastEST

Replied April 2020

Thank you for your review of our FastPIPE program, Efrain! We truly value your feedback as a customer. Reach out to us at any point at 800-828-7108; we'd be happy to discuss our material pricing updates with you. Usually, we can just adjust your template specs one time, then they should be synchronized with the corresponding material prices from the catalog. Thanks again for your review!

Guinn from 3R Mechanical

Fast and Intuitive, Beginning to End

I absolutely dig this program. I can't imagine that I would be able to get started estimating with nearly no direction, and that I would be able to be awarded project after project based on this estimating software. Incredible!

Pros

My knowledge of estimating software was minimal when I was placed in the estimating position just over a year ago. FastPIPE was super easy to learn and use because it is very intuitive.

Cons

It would be great if there were more images for the assemblies that I might choose to create. But then I would be asking for more, possibly obscure, assemblies and I realize that not every situation can be accounted for when setting up assemblies.

Response from FastEST

Replied January 2020

Thank you for your review, Guinn. We appreciate your feedback! Feel free to reach out to us at 800-828-7108 at your convenience. We can show you how to add any image or snapshot into your new or existing assemblies -- you can copy and paste it from the details plan in your bid set, or snip an image from the internet, to name a few examples.

CHRIS from Construction Industry

Wouldn't use anything else.

We are able to bid every job we need to and have found that the jobs almost always come in very close to bid. We are competitive on every job we bid as well. We have never been able to bid as much work or get as much work as we have since we started using FastPIPE

Pros

I initially selected FastPIPE because of the price, but I have stuck with it because of it's ease of use and the success we've had since we started using it.

Cons

The fonts are too small when selecting different sizes of pipe and fittings.

Response from FastEST

Replied December 2019

Thank you for your review, Chris! We appreciate your feedback. I believe you recently upgraded to our newest version of FastPIPE, in which we were able to improve the font sizing on the pipe size menu. Please reach out to us at 800-828-7108 if you have any questions, concerns, or other feedback. And thank you again for your review!

Jeffrey from JLG Estimating Services

Best in Industry, in my opinion

I believe this is the highest quality estimating system you can buy. The support is awesome, problems resolved within an hour at most. easy to learn... I could go on but at a minimum give theses guys a chance if you are looking to buy a system.

Pros

This program allows me to estimate with speed and confidence. I have the right material and labor every time. Great for young estimators and old dogs like me. Packed with everything I need and lots of features. With this program I can tackle any project that comes my way. I can't tell you how impressed I am without you thinking I work for the company. But the truth is the truth and this program is the best I ever used.

Cons

If it was only FREE but I digress. It would be nice to have more mark up functions such as clouding.

Joel from Herlocker Mechanical Systems

Very Happy

Great, support is fantastic and it is very accurate with a huge parts list. it is maybe once a quarter we run into an item not in the catalog.

Pros

Cons

Wish we could plug into vendor software and order. This is available to some extent and generally the vendors IT issue FastEst is willing to try.

Response from FastEST

Replied March 2020

Hi, Joel. Thank you for your review of FastPIPE! We always value customer feedback. Contact us when you have a moment -- depending on the vendor, we might have a strategy or two that might make integrating with other software programs a bit easier. Cost codes in the program were added in the past few years, and is one way to some of our takeoff data and catalog information more universal.

Vern from Schmolck Mechanical Contractors

Long time User

I have used Quick Penn/Auto Bid software for decades before switching to this program. I find this software does almost everything I could ever want to do. Highly adaptable to customization of unique situations and projects.

Pros

Auto Table Pricing Updates, Customizable Bid Book Excel templates, Ease of takeoff. Ease of use doing on scree show and tell when doing project Bid reviews with management.

Cons

Inability to copy areas of takeoff into assemblies via cut and paste Inability to build assemblies using graphical take off method.

Reasons for Choosing FastPIPE

simpler operation makes it easy to train others to use.

Reasons for Switching to FastPIPE

Price and simpler operation makes it easy to train others to use. Way easier than my former software.

Daniel from D E I Services ,Inc

great software

it's in the Pros

Pros

there customer service is the best , i think our company is one of the beta users .They have got the best system in the industries . they have a great team . always looking to make it easy to use . I have had to call them numerous times , it was't the software it was me

Cons

i have no comments , it's very ease to work with

Reasons for Choosing FastPIPE

it made estimating easy , and not boring

Reasons for Switching to FastPIPE

saw this did at a show and got a trial version , liked it and bought it

Response from FastEST

Replied April 2020

Thank you so much for your review, Dan! We truly value your feedback, especially as one of our most loyal and long-standing customers. Please reach out at any point, if you need any assistance or have any questions or suggestions. Thanks again!

Mike from Gold Mechanical

A review from a pre-computer person

The FastPipe program has enabled our firm to put out more proposals. This has resulted in closing more projects. The program has also enabled us to go back and modify proposals when negotiations require it.

Pros

The program is easy to navigate around. It is easily adaptable to different types of projects. The summary workbook helps you pull everything together for a final number.

Cons

Response from FastEST

Replied April 2020

Mike, thank you so much for your review of FastPIPE! We appreciate your feedback as one of our most loyal, long-time customers. And customer input is one of our most valuable resources when it comes to improving our estimating products.

Parker from GW Mechanical, Inc.

Quick and Easy

I've personally been using FastPipe for six years and I wouldn't use anything else.

Pros

Fast Pipe makes estimating quick and easy. I've found, that on my commericial construction bids, the pre-loaded specs cover just about everything one would come across.

Cons

I'm not comfortable enough to trust the end results for material costs and labor. I still double check with some old school methods.

Response from FastEST

Replied June 2020

Parker, thank you for taking to time to leave a review of our FastPIPE program! We value your feedback. Please reach out at any time at 800-828-7108 with any questions, suggestions, or other feedback you might have. It helps us deliver a better product to all of our customers! Thanks again, Parker.

Ron from Cecchin Plumbing & Heating

Plumbing contractor review

The ability to see what was actually "taken off" therefore streamlining the bidding process and becoming more efficient overall.

Pros

1.The ease and speed at which a takeoff can be performed. 2.The ease at which changes could be made to an existing takeoff if material types changed midway through a bid. 3. The speed at which change orders can be produced.

Cons

Setting up different specs can be somewhat daunting.

Response from FastEST

Replied April 2020

Thank you for your review, Ron. We appreciate your feedback. Reach out to us at any time -- we'd be happy to assist you with building up any specs you might need for a given estimate. You can call us at 800-828-7108, or email us at support@fastest-inc.com. Thanks again, Ron!

Michael from Chicago Area Plumbing

Fast Pipe

need to work on integration with supply house and need to work excavation features

Pros

Accuracy is excellent. The online meetings are very helpful. Customization is very simple

Cons

I don't fast pipes excel form there very difficult to use. It would be better if layer the take off. The creating of assemblies is to many steps

Representative

Response from FastEST

Replied June 2020

Mike, thank you for your review! We appreciate your feedback. We'd be happy to assist with any spreadsheet customization or perhaps tying into a preferred spreadsheet that you already utilize. We can also assist you with some tips on building assemblies (including copying items from your existing Takeoff, and pasting it right into a new Assembly). Thanks again, Mike!

Mike from Plumbing Systems West Inc.

FastPIPE Review

Pros

1. It has up to date Pricing 2. It has most Piping Processes 3. Cloneing

Cons

I wish I could get better Take off breakdowns I wish some Items on the Take off Page were all on the same Page Could use more Products for other Piping Bids. Water Heater Flue piping for instance.

Response from FastEST

Replied April 2020

Mike, thank you for your review! We truly value your feedback. Call us when you have a few minutes, at 800-828-7108. You might not be running our latest and greatest version, FastPIPE 20. Among other features, you'll have the ability to customize what fitting buttons you see on the main takeoff menu, along with several other handy new features and customizations available. Thank you again for your review.

Sam from G&T Plumbing

For better or worse

Pros

Easy to run. Time saver. Good spreadsheets.

Cons

Had one problem when software was updated it had my material pricing messed up and didn't figure it out till I got a few jobs due to bad material pricing that we ended up losing money on.

Response from FastEST

Replied April 2020

Thank you for your review, Sam! We appreciate your feedback. Sorry to hear about the mishap with the software update that affected your material pricing. Please feel free to reach out to us at any point at 800-828-7108, if you ever have any questions or concerns about any aspects of the program, assistance with upgrading, or any other items. Once again, we appreciate your taking the time to submit a product review for FastPIPE.

John from Register Insulation, Inc.

Excellent for HVAC & Plumbing Insulation

More efficiency and Accuracy in Taking-off projects, Better coordination with our Field Workers, More accurate Material Orders, We have quit printing full size sets of drawings.

Pros

Absolutely and GREAT tool. This system has streamlined our whole workflow. From the moment we begin estimating the project, to ordering materials, to coordination during the project.

Cons

No Undo Button! There are only a couple of small items that would make it better for our use, but the BIGGEST, Almost singular item is there is not an UNDO button.

Reasons for Switching to FastPIPE

MIKE was an AWEFUL product.

Evgeny from Lundy Plumbing & Heating

Very good softwear

It's much faster I'm doing take off with this program. So I can do more.

Pros

It's very easy to do take off because I can download drawings into program and mark everything what I'm doing on screen

Cons

We can't create change orders inside of existing job. It would be nice to get this option and not create completely new job.

Response from FastEST

Replied March 2020

Thank you for your review, Evgeny! We appreciate your feedback. Give us a call at 800-828-7108 whenever you have a few minutes. We'd be happy to show you a few different ways that you can easily calculate change orders within an existing estimate. Thanks again, Evgeny!

Timothy from The Eugene Steinberg Co.

Software review

This software allows us to bid on a lot of projects. Job set up is easy and the take off is a breeze. You can customize each job for your needs.

Pros

Ease of use. Customer support is always on point. Notifications about pricing changes are sent out as needed. Training seminars are available several times a year throughout the US.

Cons

We haven't updated to the newest version (18), I know there have been several improvements made. I really can't comment on this as of yet.

Reasons for Choosing FastPIPE

I did not choose the software, as I was not here at that time.

Alan from Rose Mechanical

Daily User of FastPipe

Overall we are very satisfied with FastPipe. It allows for very accurate estimates and clean breakdowns to properly ensure project budget.

Pros

FastPipe allows you to easily and accurately create estimates of any project we are working. On the back end it allows you to quickly revise your estimate based upon updated drawings or customer requests. All while being able to effectively track the changes.

Cons

There is a lack of shortcut keys. All steps need to be repeatedly clicked which can be arduous when performing common tasks.

FELICIA from MEP Estimates

the best estimating software

i use the software every day and recommend it frequently to others, easy to get the hang of

Pros

versatile, easy to pick up on, and set up to work right out of the gate.

Cons

the small print on symbols makes them hard to see as you get older

Reasons for Choosing FastPIPE

I like the way the program flows and its accountability

more useable

Response from FastEST

Replied May 2020

Thank you for your review of FastPIPE, Felicia! We appreciate your feedback, and your spreading the word about our estimating software. Know that we're here anytime, if you need help with anything, or have any suggestions or further feedback about our programs. Thanks again!

Drew from Tapani Plumbing

Best software for the best value

Overall, FastPIPE helps us achieve our business goals.

Pros

Ease of use & excellent customer service

Cons

Lacking hotkeys, have to mouse off plan.

Cost, and ease of use.

Reasons for Switching to FastPIPE

Maxwell Estimation was outdated as we moved into the digital age.

Response from FastEST

Replied January 2020

Drew, thanks for leaving a review for our FastPIPE program. We appreciate the honest feedback. Hotkeys are coming soon -- we hope to have that in our newest release, due out in the next month or two!

Jim from Randal Lowe Plumbing

Excellent estimating software

I started using this software in 2006 and did use a competitor for a few years and I was glad to come back to fast pipe. Had to get help with everything with the competitor. Enjoy using this program.

Pros

Cons

I haven't had a con using this program Everything has worked well

Response from FastEST

Replied June 2020

Thank you for your review, Jim. We value your feedback! Please reach out at any time if you have any questions or suggestions for us. We aim to please. Thanks again!

Efrain from Rabroker HVAC and Plumbing

Fast pipe review

Pros

Easy to learn, being able to run several reports for the same projects, overlay of revised plans and switching from spec to spec

Cons

Having to hunt down pricing for items that we use day to day, even thou we have input the price, on a new take off it still comes up as price needed

Reasons for Choosing FastPIPE

A lot faster than other programs out there with more options to breakdown your estimates

Reasons for Switching to FastPIPE

Still had to use paper plans to do take offs with digitizer

Ashley from Gold Mechanical, Inc.

Great Program!

Pros

The ability to run reports anyway you need to capture cost.

Cons

The inability to enlarge revised plans when importing. Sometimes it is hard to tell which plan you have.

Response from FastEST

Replied January 2020

Ashley, thank you for your review! We appreciate and value your feedback. Please reach out at any point if you need anything, just call us at 800-828-7108. And we will try to audit our Plan Replacement screen, to see if we might be able to improve on the existing plan view on the right-hand pane. Thanks again for your input!

Greg from Diamond Mechanical

Fast pipe = Fast estimates

Pros

The best part about the software is how efficient you can be using it. We have our live pricing for piping materials which makes it accurate and the support from the fastest team is great. The software is very easy to learn and very user friendly.

Cons

Only con is getting used to the software, learning how it works, and getting the specs setup for your specific materials and local codes. Once your setup I don't think there are any cons.

Response from FastEST

Replied January 2020

Thank you for your review of FastPIPE, Greg! We appreciate your feedback and continued business. Our support staff is always available to address any questions should they arise!

Daniel from United Mechanical Inc

United Mechanical

Its a great tool for estimating large construction projects

Pros

Its easy to use and set up for our company standards

Cons

There is no way to square foot an area in the takeoff.

Reasons for Choosing FastPIPE

It was preferred by the new management

New management

Response from FastEST

Replied January 2020

Daniel, thank you for your review! We appreciate the feedback. There actually is a way to calculate square footage (along with linear footage, and other measurements), by setting up a Job Item for counting. Give us a call at 800-828-7108, and we'll show you how.

Jim from DESIGN MECHANICAL INC

Simple and Reliable

The customer service at FastEst is the best I have experienced with a software company. You can always get technical hands on help from their team. They can remotely log on to your computer to step you through your issues. It actually ends up being a quick tutorial sometimes.

Pros

The software is very intuitive to use. It is constantly being updated. I can design a job at the same time that I'm taking it off. Changes are easily made to update budgets.

Cons

I would like to see more pre-built assemblies

Response from FastEST

Replied January 2020

Thank you, Jim. We appreciate you leaving a review, and value your feedback! We appreciate the positive replies. And please reach out when you have a few minutes, at 800-828-7108. In the past few months, we've developed some new VRF system assemblies that we can pass along to you (from previous conversations, I think that's work that your company has been doing more of lately?) Thanks again, Jim!