All FieldEdge Reviews

Kelley

Reviewed January 2020

FieldEdge is a great tool!

We have decreased the time we are waiting to be paid and reduced our overall outstanding invoices. We have increased productivity, reduced costs, and are now tracking jobs.

PROS

As a user who started at my company after FieldEdge was already in place, I can honestly say that FieldEdge was very easy to learn. It is user friendly and the basics can be picked up very quickly. For the more seasoned user, it has more intricate features & applications that you can utilize for your specific needs. Our technicians invoice & collect in the field and with the Quickbooks integration, it helps keep our outstanding invoices to a minimum. FieldEdge provides a live chat feature, which is a great tool. The Reps are very friendly and knowledgeable and super quick to respond! Each user can customize their settings to maximize the ease of use. For instance, I like to have my service tech dispatch board as my default since I am managing that board more closely than my estimator, apprentice or office boards. You can easily toggle between them but it is great to have just the ones I need on top. You can assign priority flags to calls to give quick at-a-glance visual markers. This is great when we have calls that can be interchanged between techs with the same skill sets, which can also be assigned in FieldEdge. The Do Not Service feature is another great tool that has allowed us to prevent accidental scheduling on accounts that we do not wish to service. All in all, it is a great tool that can be as simple or complex as you want it to be.

CONS

We have had a few instances over the past year with the software being down, but frankly, at least 2 of those times it was a Microsoft issue, not specially FieldEdge. There are times that FieldEdge runs slowly, but for the most part, it is a stable platform. We have had a couple issues with licensing error messages when trying to add additional uses on our account, but they were quickly resolved and corrected with a call in to the team.

Thanks for the wonderful review, Kelley! We are so glad to hear that you are enjoying many aspects of the software, along with the range of support resources that are available to you. We are lucky to have customers like you!

Utilities, 11-50 employees

Wonderful Software!

We have become more more efficient using this software. The people at FieldEdge are incredible and very, very helpful.

PROS

Ease of use, tracking ability, reporting, integration with Quickbooks

CONS

Connector between FieldEdge and Quickbooks

Reason for choosing FieldEdge

Cheaper, familiar with the FE people, provided our company with everything we needed

Reasons for switching to FieldEdge

FieldEdge purchased ESC and it made sense to switch to the next software

David - We love hearing that FieldEdge helps you become more efficient! Thanks so much for taking the time to share your feedback on our product and teams.

Ryan

Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing, 11-50 employees

Reviewed May 2020

Be Thorough with Onboarding

Our contact with our onboarding agent was abysmal from day one. Receiving a response typically took 2-3 days or up to a week unless we made multiple attempts. It came to a point where I started keeping track of when and how many times I contacted them before I received a response. Responses were frequently, "I'll get back to you on that" with no follow up. I also kept a list of questions they never answered. We were advised by our FieldEdge salesperson to switch to Quickbooks Online before signing up with FieldEdge for ease of use. When data was transferred from QBO to FE, NONE of the costs for our 2400 items in the system transferred over. Sales prices carried over just fine. Each time we do a quote or invoice, if we want to track profitability or markup on items sold, we literally need to look up each individual item and manually enter its cost. We are six months into using this software, and we have had this issue escalated to a different department, escalated to a different team, escalated to their Tier 3 development team, you name it, yet the problem persists. "It seems we have encountered a bug" We have been offered discounts because of this issue, but honestly, if we hadn't invested so many thousands of hours and tens of thousands of dollars into this software, I would be happy to pull the plug.

PROS

The dispatch board is nice, techs can update their work orders and we can see their status in real time (generally).

CONS

LEARNING CURVE - DO NOT underestimate how much time you will need to learn this software We seem to be an outlier since most reviews rave about their customer service, but our onboarding agent was less than responsive to our questions and attempts to contact him, and he definitely did not provide us with adequate information or learning tools. If you have concerns, make sure they are addressed in a timely manner before you make your final decision, otherwise they may never be addressed. It is VERY expensive per month per user. Our business is open 7am-5pm. Their support team has a habit of calling between 5pm and 8pm, but never when we are actually in the office to answer calls.

Reason for choosing FieldEdge

FieldEdge didn't require a contract. It cost SIGNIFICANTLY more per month than all of their competitors, but the idea that we wouldn't be locked into a contract was appealing. Now we feel that because of how long we have spent trying to learn how to use this software, and the money we have invested, it would be throwing tens of thousands of dollars out the window to switch to something else.

Hi Ryan - We are really disappointed to hear that this was your experience with onboarding and we certainly hold ourselves to higher standards than what you described here. A member of the Customer Success team will be reaching out to you to talk through these concerns in more detail. We truly value your honest feedback and will be sure to pass it along to the appropriate teams so we can continue to make improvements in these areas.

Replied May 2020

Lee Ann

Mechanical or Industrial Engineering, 11-50 employees

Reviewed October 2021

Great HVAC Software

Billing time has been cut in half / Technicians paperwork has been cut by 80% no need to type a book out just to send an invoice / Being able to do a quote and then it turn into a job once accepted cuts out double work

PROS

Mobile App we needed our guys out in the field to be able to access information on their phones

CONS

Not being able to put pictures on the proposal when the demos show proposals with pictures

Product capabilities, Cost & Customer Support Promised

Reasons for switching to FieldEdge

Servicom was a great software and we used it for over 25 years but it did not have a mobile app

Emmett

Reviewed August 2020

Good Software

PROS

-Easy invoicing -Easy item search -a lot of compatible software for CRM, Accounting software,tracking, etc. -Simplistic

CONS

-Can be finicky after an update. - Jobs feature could be improved it doesn't track cost like we would like it to. -Can't place stock orders. All PO's have to be connected to a customer.

Reasons for switching to FieldEdge

Cheaper and more user friendly for service techs.

Facilities Services, 11-50 employees

Reviewed April 2017

17 Happy Years of growth and prosperity with dESCO !!!

Our business has grown from 2 trucks to 10 since we first installed dESCO. We now have 10 times the business and the software has grown right along with us. It does so much more now than then and has continued to improve. With out it I could not manage my business. dESCO keeps track of jobs, quotes, invoicing even out inventory. If you are a small business running lean, making every minute count this is the software you need. I do not think I would be where I am today with out it. By nature I am unorganized, having everything in one place in one program is the way to go if that describes you. John

PROS

The amount of information you have at your fingertips. Jobs, scheduling, quotes, orders, and Customer information. Customer information is key to service knowing what they have done in the past including payment history, and buying habits. Keeping records under the documents tab means not more filing cabinets. Sales reports and receivables reports makes keeping an eye on cash flow easy.

CONS

There is a steep learning curve. Because it does so much there is a lot to learn. This is a big program, that covers a lot of areas.

John, it has always been a privilege for us to see your many successes through the years. Thanks so much for taking the time to say why ESC has been such a great fit for you, and for your many years of loyalty. As we look to the bright future, you can continue to count on us to be of service to you.

Replied April 2017

Leslie

Reviewed January 2020

Great platform for automating the administrative end and field tech end of a growing business.

PROS

The program is very user friendly as is the onboarding process. Easy navigation within both the mobile version for our field technicians and also within the office user license on the admin side. Love the Help Center/chat now feature for immediate help when we draw a blank, need some feedback, or when we need to simplify the way we are completing certain tasks....there is usually always a better suggestion through the Help Center. Our [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] has been fantastic with his responses also. He has been very helpful assisting us with custom reports and always very quick to respond to any email I send. He's definitely an asset!

CONS

I do feel that reporting could be a bit more interactive; I feel like there should be a way for each company to customize the data they need to see daily for reporting purposes, such as an all inclusive KPI section on the dashboard.

Reason for choosing FieldEdge

Honestly, it came down to various message boards with field technicians reviewing real products. Very few complaints with FieldEdge, and a large number of complaints with FE competitor programs.

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your feedback and suggestions with us, Leslie!

Reviewed October 2022

Okay at Best

FieldEdge would probably be great for an RLC (residential/light commercial) company. But as a company that is entirely commercial with many long, multi-phase projects, it leaves much to be desired and demands work-arounds. The mobile app is horrendous and completely unusable by our technical crew. They regularly comment on needing to close down/reopen the app, freezing, and even going so far as to say they've tried uninstall/reinstalling it. Additionally, any requests for assistance from tech support, albeit responsive, are often lacking. Frequently we're steered towards a few 'training' pdfs and videos that don't go into much detail that we need, or answer our questions at all. Beyond that, they suggest paying copious amounts of money for 1:1 time with one of their 'experts'. Again, this may work for the smaller folks looking for rudimentary service software, but our company is already looking elsewhere.

PROS

Variety of Functions, Covers Most Needs

CONS

Awful Mobile App, Not "big" Commercial Friendly, Spotty Support

Hi there, Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us. Please contact us at customermarketing@fieldedge.com so we can gather more information and help you in any way we can. We will also share your review with our team. We look forward to connecting with you soon.

Replied October 2022

Cheryl

Mechanical or Industrial Engineering, 2-10 employees

Reviewed August 2023

Business owner

Scheduling and Dispatching and Invoicing.

PROS

Integrations were very simple. Helpful FieldEdge Tech Staff made this process easy.

CONS

Customer Service when I have a question to get an answer to help me better use the software, I think the got to questions within customer service can be time consuming. If I do not communicate they way that the help area of the software layout is then I am looking too long for an answer.

Reason for choosing FieldEdge

Ease of use and much better pricing for what I am getting.

Thank you so much for this review and also the feedback for our customer support!

Replied September 2023

Richard

Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing, 2-10 employees

Reviewed April 2023

Field edge is great.

I like it very much.

PROS

Dispatching, Field integration with quick books Invoice. Quotes and and receipts for customers.

CONS

We will see what ma come in the future. I am looking forward to seeing what comes up next.

We liked it.

Reasons for switching to FieldEdge

Looked for something better.

Hi Richard, Thank you for taking the time to connect with us and for sharing your experience. We are happy that you are enjoying FieldEdge!

Replied April 2023

Aubrey

Used less than 6 months

Reviewed February 2020

DO NOT FALL FOR THE SALES PITCH!

Our experience with FieldEdge has been an absolute nightmare that still is not over. Potential clients should beware that the sales team will promise you that the program has every feature you should need. Our sales representative was [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN]. [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] was very friendly and from what I believed thoroughly trained and competent on the software he was selling. We were looking for a mobile friendly dispatch program that also offered accounting. We are a small A/C and Heating business that understood FieldEdge was pricey and a risk for us but with everything we were told the system offered we thought it was the best choice. We paid $800 for the "implementation process" which was to take 5 weeks. In this time we would be given a trainer to walk us through how to use the system & a tech guy who was going to be taking the data from our old system and inputting it in the new software. [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] was our trainer and from our first call with him we started experiencing problem after problem. Our tech guy was originally supposed to be [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] but then switched to [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN]. I spoke with a female who was supposed to walk me through how to export the data from our old system and she was barely able to assist me through that. When I would ask a question she would reply that she wasn't sure. She was just reading off a paper... Our training consisted of watching video tutorials. I'm unable to comprehend why they gave us our own onboarding team when the only thing [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] did was just check to see if I

PROS

I did not like anything about this software. We spent 4 weeks of the "implementation process" but never had any of our data submitted into the system. Only had access to a dummy account.

CONS

Not mobile friendly for the office side, terrible tech support, unable to import data from Housecall Pro, price is higher than other systems and doesn't offer anything special

Reasons for switching to FieldEdge

We needed a system that had more features than Housecall Pro

Hi Aubrey - We are sorry to hear about your recent experience with FieldEdge, as this is not the level of service we pride ourselves on delivering. We clearly missed the mark in providing a smooth implementation process for your business. It is our understanding that you have since spoken with a member of our management team to address these concerns in more detail. Thank you for sharing your feedback and helping us continue to improve the customer journey.

Replied March 2020

Reviewed May 2022

Not user friendly

Tech support was terrible. The implementation took forever. I was not delivered what was promised. Now trying to get our of the service agreement from which they are not allowing.

PROS

Quick books integration works adequately.

CONS

Completely not user friendly. Tried several times to work out some of the bugs. Difficult to schedule from mobile app. Was promised flat rate pricing, ended up with old pricing pulled off quickbooks. Pretty much useles.

Reasons for switching to FieldEdge

Needed a program that was user friendly and integrated with quickbooks.

Joshua

Reviewed January 2022

A scam, don't trust this company

This company has no customer service whatsoever in their onboarding department. They kept promising things to keep us trying to use them, and then they wouldn't deliver.

PROS

I liked everything they told me about it. Sadly none of it was fulfilled.

CONS

They broke every part of the agreement we made and still decided to keep my onboarding fees of $1500 after telling me I'd get a full refund, after ghosting me for months and not pulling any usable data from Service Titan.

Reason for choosing FieldEdge

I foolishly believed they'd keep up their end of the bargain.

Reasons for switching to FieldEdge

I was trying to save money. Sadly I just ended up getting robbed.

susan

Construction, 11-50 employees

Reviewed November 2019

Disappointed

Very hard to deal with, they correct you on the phone, refer to the contract continually and the emails that I did not receive personally. Feeling bullied

PROS

Nothing about this program now that I have been lied to and bullied

CONS

They did not deliver what was sold as per the salesperson, now they raised their prices to more than double. I bought ESC before they had Feild edge, tried to get me to switch, I wouldn't switch since? I had just bought ESC. Now the prices I have been raised more than double. I bought the program so that I wouldn't have monthly payments like other programs and services. That was the selling point. But now my tech support prices have been increased and my per tablet prices from went 15 per tablet to over 45. ESC reached out but were complete jerks!! Basically, saying it was my, fault for trusting their salesperson. That I was informed of the price increase when they send the email to an old email address.

I fell for the lies

Hi Susan! Thank you for providing your feedback! We are very sorry to hear you had this negative experience. You are always welcome to contact your CSM or contact us at support@fieldedge.zendesk.com for support.

Replied December 2019

Amanda Lynn

Used more than 2 years

Reviewed January 2016

A great tool for dispatching, invoicing and sharing!

PROS

I love the ease of use for techs in the field as well as in the office. It gives us the ability to share where we are across departments and to see how backed up we are. The vendor Desco has been fabulous! I am in service and I deal with people all day and these guys really know their business! Patient, knowledgeable, and if they don't know the answer they get it for me in a timely manner.

CONS

I think there is room for improvement on the reporting. I would like to be able to print out a simple report that shows how many tickets a tech completes in a day / week / month. Very basic. I also think that even tho we use quickbooks for our accounting, I thinks that there could be some improvement on the reports. Also, I don't like how things can be taken out of quickbooks so easily by people by mistake. The last thing that bothers me is how once a ticket is moved to a tech on the calendar, how the ticket gets all junked up if someone accidentally touches it in the office, it should refresh for the tech so their list doesn't get all locked up every time that happens. Oh and one more thing, when you attach files to customers people can accidentally corrupt the file by opening it and not closing it properly causing the file to be lost. I would like for a way to keep this from happening.

Jacki

Consumer Services, 2-10 employees

Reviewed October 2022

We find FieldEdge Essential to Operate our business efficiently

PROS

We like the ease of using the software. New software upgrades seem very seamless. The Online Support is PHENOMENAL!!!! Support is ALWAYS friendly, attentive, patient, thorough, and FAST!!! They sitkc with me and follow-thru until my issue is resolved or questions answered.

CONS

I used to be able to manage the desktop software from my phone just by logging into my office account. It doesn't work anymore. I KNOW it was likely not designed that way, but it was EXTREMELY helpful when I was outside the office to hop in and do most anything I needed to!!!!! PLEASE correct it :)

Hi Jacki! Thank you for the wonderful testimonial! We are so glad that you are enjoying FieldEdge! We will share your feedback with our team. Please do not hesitate to connect with us if you need anything. We're here to help!

Replied October 2022

Jose

Reviewed July 2018

Maximum Day to Day Efficiency!

PROS

This software is extremely easy to use yet so detailed and organized. As long as all pertinent data is in the system workflows become more streamlined for mobile and office users. Any time we have questions or concerns we get excellent feedback from our Customer Success Manager or the help chat located in the software. They also have an ideas portal that allows you to post an idea that you think may benefit your company where other companies can vote if its something they see as beneficial to them as well.

CONS

We are a strictly commercial HVAC company so sometimes we need specific features tailored to our business model. For example, some of our customers have 10+ units that we need to service but we don't have the ability to apply repair forms to all units. The system basically only allows us to have 1 repair form where we need 10+ repair forms to satisfy all units being serviced. There are other minor adjustments that we see as a con but thats to do our company being strictly commercial and needing them to be tailored to our specific model.

Frankie