• Pros

• "I like that it's straight to the point, easy to use, no unnecessary things on it, easy to understand."

• "This product has given us the opportunity to bid on multiple jobs. Is a great product that opens up many opportunities. "

• "I love ISQFT! It makes doing takeoffs on projects simple and helps us win more bids on jobs. I love having all of the project information in one spot."

• Cons

• "It costs, but the payback is worth it if you bid projects and need to see blue prints and plans for your work."

• "The only complaint I have is that sometimes when viewing PDFs it can be a little sensitive, especially when trying to zoom in on large floor plans. However, this could just be user error! "

• "The design of the website is a little stark. It definitely functions to what its supposed to do. Other software that compares has a little better looking interface."

Browse iSqFt for General Contractors Reviews

Radiah from C & M Floors, Inc

Get The Right Jobs

Overall experience is positive I dont know what I was doing before it. Im glad we purchased this software.

Pros

Very easy to search and bid on jobs in our trade this field is so competitive in our area this software is very up to date with continuous opportunities.

Cons

So far I love love this software it helps us so much to see the competition out there and where we can improve at to get our bids in and secure the contract.

Sumi from Banton Construction Company

iSqFt - Good basic Program

I have used iSqFt every day for the past 3.5 years. It has been a very handy tool, and there are always new features that I am discovering as I use it.

Pros

It is relatively straightforward to use. Copying projects is a huge time saver, as well as being able to search for companies that match the trades you are searching for on any specific project.

Cons

Editing company information and contact information is not always the easiest. Sometimes it is hard to delete a contact or change the information and people who do not want to receive invites, still receive them.

VANESSA from T.MAC WILDER & ASSOCIATES, LLC

LOVE IT

WE LOVE THIS SOFTWARE TO LOOK FOR PROJECTS! THE COST IS WORTH IT!

Pros

WE USE THIS SOFTWARE DAILY TO LOOK FOR CERTAIN TYPES OF BIDS AROUND FLORIDA AND GEORGIA. ITS VERY FUNCTIONAL AND RELIABLE. IF YOU HAVE A PROJECT ID # ITS EVEN EASIER AND GETS YOU TO WHAT PROJECT YOU WANT. CUSTOMER SERVICE IS GREAT!

Cons

IT CAN BE A BIT CONFUSING WHEN BEING A BIT SPECIFIC FOR THE TYPE OF BID YOU ARE LOOKING FOR. BUT ONCE SPEAKING TO CUSTOMER SERVICE THEY EXPLAIN EVERYTHING GOOD AND GUIDE YOU THROUGH IT!

Susana from Advanced Commercial Painting LLC

Great Project Application

I have nothing bad to say about this application, I've never had to contact support so that's why I put one star on that section because I don't even know what it's like to have an interaction with the support team. There are times that I rather use this website over others because the drawings are easier to download. It's even easy to look at the drawings.

Pros

Cons

There is really nothing that stands out as something that I don't like, maybe I'd like for it to look a little more up to date but not even that, I like the way it looks anyhow.

Dani from The Hansen Company

Not what it used to be

I used iSqFt for a short while before their last major overhaul and it definitely needed to be updated, but they took out a lot of features that make it almost as difficult to work with. I rate software based on the number of clicks it takes me to get something done and the last update has actually added more clicks. Customer Support often has their hands tied because the system "was designed to work that way."

Pros

A much easier platform to work with. It has an updated feel to it, but this is probably the only good thing about it. I can navigate fairly easily between tabs such as bidder's invite list and the details of the project. I can see fairly easily who has received the invite and who didn't.

Cons

Since the update, I have to now add contacts such as the architect, engineer, general contractor, etc. for a project individually instead of pulling from the contacts list. Some projects have up to 10 different professionals between the architect, mechanical eng, electrical eng, structural eng, site, GC, owner, etc. We even have to enter our own information if we want to add the estimator to the list. Second most frustrating part is the bidder's list. We don't usually invite all bidders so we have a condensed list that we pull from. The site has a main directory and then we can add contacts to our personal directory, but sometimes the actual person isn't the one that we deal with. We can't modify "our" contacts because everything is saved by the email address. If the bidder changes anything, we have to manually sync with our contact list. I believe before, all contacts were "our" contacts. The bidder's invite process is also time-consuming because I have to click a button to expand the spec section and then click the bidders from that section. Then click the next spec section to expand the bidder's list and click the bidder's I want to invite. Clicking individual bidders has always been ok, but the extra step I have to take is opening each spec section rather than just a complete list of bidders. This can add up to 20-30 extra clicks when I'm sending out bid invites. Finding bidders that aren't on our condensed list also takes a lot of work. I have to search for a bidder (maybe by company name, phone, email, etc.) and then select them to add to the bid list. That takes me back to the list of bidders I'm inviting. Each time I add someone, it always takes me back to the main list and I have re-open the search window again to find the next person, not on our condensed list. So the steps are to (1) open the search window (2) type in and search for the company I need (3) select them from the search results (4) add to the list at which point that search window closes. Start back at step (1) again if I have more than company to add. The alternative is to not select bidders from our condensed list, to begin with, but that list is vast and would take just as long, if not longer, to scan through when I'm adding a handful of bidders from one spec section. One other thing I wish they would change was the home projects screen. It shows all active, inactive, and archived projects. I can uncheck the inactive/archived or check the bidding only projects, but it changes back to the default to show all projects every time I log in. I wish I could start each session with just the active bidding projects. They also changed the way documents are saved. Once I upload drawings or specs, I have to manually edit each file with the page numbers. This is minor and I've noticed that most other companies don't even bother to specify the number of pages in each file or the page size. If you upload each spec section as a separate file, making this change (which involves in several clicks per edit) can be very time-to consume.

Patrick from Floorco

Decent option for organization of the bidding process.

Pros

Isqft really helps to connect you to bidding opportunities and general contractors. It helps you keep track of what you are bidding and in what stage of the process the bid is in.

Cons

Wish they would update bid info sooner, although I understand that sometimes they are at the mercy of people sending them the information.

Marty from Graybar Electric

Great way to find new business

Pros

We use this program to find new jobs that are coming out and to look at plans for jobs that we're working on. It's easy to use. The search can be narrowed or expanded to get a wide variety of plans. They have a bunch of great information online to use.

Cons

ISQFT needs to promote themselves more, so we can get more projects to bid. I'm not sure their Risk Management assessment is the best either.

Jake from Blinds & Curtains Store

I get most of my business through iSqFt

Pros

Oh man, where do I begin... I love iSqFt! I recently started a new business selling/installing window coverings for commercial buildings and I have won most of my bids using iSqFt. It's easy to use, functional, and has tons of users (GC's). My dad works for Atlanta Flooring and also uses iSqFt. He loves to software and gets a large percentage of business through it too.

Larry from Banker Insulation - AZ Chapter 6

Easy to use.

With this software my takeoffs were done quicker and more accurately. I was able to get more bids out.

Pros

The fact that it can be customized to what I'm working on. I could enter the materials that I use, and assemblies that are the most common.

Cons

The learning curve was not the greatest. It took a little while to get it down, but once I got it. I was off to the races.

Gary from Dbk Inc

Good system if it fits your market well

Nice system for finding jobs to bid on and reviewing specs/plans. The problem with our market (South Dakota) is they seem to be a little weak in our extremely rural market. If you try the demo and there seems to be a good fit for your market it would definitely be worth the price!

Pros

Good for having plans/specs on jobs advertised. Ease of use is good. Good support network.

Cons

seems to have less jobs in extremely rural areas. Pretty expensive if they don't have the number of jobs in your market.

Timothy from Gemstar Stoneworks

ISQFT FOR FLOORING CONTRACTORS

I've used the software since it was first released and have purchased it at three separate companies and in each case I was able to show them that it cut the take-off time in half. So its well worth the cost for a small company to invest in the software.

Pros

THE EASE OF SET UP AND THE EASY LEARNING CURVE.

Cons

THERE IS VERY LITTLE TO NOT LIKE ABOUT THE SOFTWARE, UNLESS YOU DOING 20+ MILLION DOLLAR PROJECTS WHICH MOST SUBCONTRACTORS ARE NOT DOING.

Reasons for Choosing iSqFt for General Contractors

I had used it in the past and it was way more efficient for a small company and why easier to train people on.

Tammy from US Alert

Industry: Security and Investigations

Excellent

ISQFT is an excellent investment if your company is bidding a lot of projects. You get a personal account manager who is always available to help you customize your software.

Pros

Cons

The only negative would be the cost for small businesses.

Jeremy from Hardy Corporation

This program works really well.

Pros

Cons

Some of the files that we have received from this website we were unable to open. Other than that I have no complaints.

Ben from NGC Group

Good Product for the money

Pros

I like the national contractor listing that allows for a database as we travel into new markets with our team.

Cons

It would be nice to incorporate a rating system for the subs to allow for better control on invites that may go out.

July 2013

Brandy from Hill & Wilkinson General Contractors

July 2013

Ive worked in construction for almost eight years, and I know the value of a software that works and helps you do your job efficiently. As an estimator, software that lacks adequate training support but costs less can actually add up to greater expense in terms of time and money. Fortunately, iSqFt is user-friendly, affordable, and comes with training support that is customized for us. When I started with Hill & Wilkinson, I inherited an application that was not iSqFt, but learned that the company had used iSqFt in the past. The reason for the change was to save the company money. But the software was hard to navigate, and training support was limited to generic online sessions. I would call customer service and was told to watch a video. That was both time-consuming and hard on our team. So I reconnected with iSqFt. Our representative, Jeff Underbrink, walked us through how to use iSqFt and answered all of our questions. We negotiated a good contract that enabled us to call or email anytime we needed training support with a real person. What a difference! Using iSqFt, we can set up projects, trades, and find and invite subs in half the time it took us with the other software. Bottomline, iSqFt helps us excel at what we do. As a large general contractor in the Southwest region, we can get bids out in a timely manner and manage our projects efficiently. Its great to have iSqFt supporting our growth and success!

March 2013

Dean from Vogel Bros. Building Co.

March 2013

Vogel Bros. Building Co. has been using iSqFt for about 8 years now, as of early 2013, and it has given us an easy way to get more and better bids, improved our efficiency, and helped us communicate with our subs. Before we signed up with iSqFt, we had trouble reaching enough subcontractor bidders to provide competitive pricing. iSqFt has let us reach way more subcontractors, and has helped us find subcontractors with specific skill sets or specialties. Just that has helped Vogel Bros. Building Co. grow and has increased the number of jobs weve won. iSqFt has also given us the tools we need to do more in less time, reducing stress levels and increasing our work rate. In a tight economy, companies need to find efficiencies and take advantage of the tools that help them work smarter. iSqFt has done that for us. Our team can now do more with less, helping us quickly communicate with our subcontractors. This communication can be one-to-one, but iSqFt also makes it easy to send messages to everyone working on a project, with just a few clicks. In fact, our project assistants appreciate the ability to quickly update addenda to subcontractors in a matter of minutes. The bottom line is that using iSqFt in our daily work has helped us save both time and money. Prior to using iSqFt, the work that we handle now wouldve required adding an extra full-time employee, making iSqFt one of the best values around.

Ron from Caliber Development

iSqFt

With the Con listed above, once you get iSqFt set up the way the works best for your company, the program is a time saver when putting jobs out to bid, you can set automatic reminders to go out, you can quickly add bidders to your projects.

Pros

iSqFt is a better alternative to Building Connected, while it does require a bit more involvement than BC, I like that it offers more options and tracking. I like that your database is yours, but you can also pull from the iSqFt database as well and add those contacts into your database for future use.

Cons

I would say the con would be that the program requires more involvement and you need to be a little more tech savvy than other programs out there. the program take a little time to set it up the way that works best for your company.

Brett from Hunt and Walsh

User-Friendly File-Sharing Platform!

Pros

The best part of this program is the ease of use and the simplistic nature of how files are distributed from clients or to clients. The layout of the program is easy to understand for everyone and it is also very organized.

Cons

The only complaint that I would have on this software is that sometimes the program likes to log you out after only a few days of non-use. Otherwise this is a great platform.

September 2016

Jerry from louis painting team

September 2016

It gives me the ability to access plans and do a takeoff on my compute

Pros

The software allows me to review jobs to determine whether or not i want to bid them. It makes it very easy to bid jobs right in my office and compiles all the measurements on spreadsheet for a comprehensive review of the job before i submit a bid. The software is easy to use foe a person who is not computer literate, and the technical support is available within minutes of a phone call.

Cons

there is nothing I don't like about the company or the software

Manuel from Christman Company

iSqFt is old, outdated and unreliable.

I think my cons remark pretty much says it all.

Pros

When if first came out 10 or 12 years ago it was very good. But now it is old, outdated and unreliable.

Cons

You gave full access to the subcontractors which made your system unreliable. Many of the subcontractors and suppliers went into the system and tagged themselves for every trade on the list instead of their specific trade. This made your system very unreliable at best for monitoring sub responses. And difficult and time consuming when selecting specific subs for each of the trades. Just as example, when you look up electrical subs you also have landscape subs, roofers, door suppliers, drywall subs, painter, plumbers, HVAC sub in the electrical category because you let subs tag themselves for all trades. Instead of sorting through 300 electrical subs I have to sort through 900 subs, most of them not electrical subs. Not sure if that was your intent but it is what has happened.

Daily user, find many solid leads

Pros

There is an abundance of project leads with multiple companies. Both large and small general contractors are on the site.

Cons

It's open to a lot of bidders which leaves me blind to number of competition. Sometimes general contractors use the site just to get numbers for their bids.

Cliff from CBKinstallations LLC

iSqFt

iSqFt is an awesome program to use. As long as the General Contractor uses it and you are on their bid list, you will see every bid they post.

Aaron from Derrick Building Solutions

Working Well

Overall we are very happy with ISqFt for our bidding and plan room. The people are great to work with and readily available for questions.

Pros

ISqFt streamlines our bid process which saves us time and gives us real time feedback on bidder activity. We also like having access to subcontractors in the ISqFt network. Their training and customer service is excellent!

Cons

We are also signed up to have access to bid opportunities that ISqFt lists on it's Bidding Jobs section. In many cases the jobs show up late and not in enough time to bid the project.

Tumal from Civil Solutions Assocaites.

Great tool but needs updating

Pros

We've had a good run with this software, in terms of looking for jobs to bid. Most of the General Contractors in the area use this software hence we got involved.

Cons

It can really use an update in terms of the functionality, the look of the site and the ease to use. It's a great product and has an extensive database of contractors, but really needs an overhaul.

Nate from Hanley Construction

Works Well

Pros

I like that there is a large database you can choose from and it makes it easy to send out a project to bid to many different trades at once. It helps get a lot of reply's and makes it easier on you when bidding

Cons

One thing i dont like about isqft is how you cant sync contacts or you cant enter the database without creating a job or project.

Bid Docs

Pros

I like the ability to find bid documents for projects

Cons

Can't think of anything that is wrong with this software

Trevor from Clarke Construction LLC

Very valuable company asset

Pros

The program is very user-friendly. The learning curve seems shorter with iSqFt professional customer service and technical support. I'm able to easily find a lead, get plans and specs for the project, get accurate material and labor prices, request bids from subs, and submit the bid all with the same product and great customer service from the vendor.

Cons

I personally have not found anything that I'm unhappy about with the product or vendor.

January 2015

Anthony from PCC

January 2015

Good stuff

Pros

The best benefit of this software is the network of subcontractors that is included. It allows for expansion into new markets or locations and makes the transition much easier.

Cons

Information could possibly be shared. When you implement the software, you provide them with your subcontractor database. It's hard to believe they wouldn't extract some information from this for their own expansion purposes.

Eric from Waddle Exteriors

Nice tool to have to access bids

Pros

We don't bid on a lot of jobs, but it is nice to have when we do. You can access the necessary documents to put your bid together.

Cons

The convenience of finding a job could be a little easier. I usually have to help coworkers find the job they're looking for, which shows it isn't as easy as you'd hope.

Sarah from Ace Carpentry, Inc.

Isqft is a good webbased bidding management software

Pros

Easy to see what projects you have been invited to bid and also easy to see what projects you have already submitted bids to.

Joshua from Black Canyon Construction

Review for iSqft for General Contractors

iSqFt has been an evolving software which has made the bidding world just a bit easier and more organized. This software is extremely easy to use and very organized. Also if you are a fan of keeping all your documents in one centralized location, they also offer a project management add on.

Pros

Organization

Cons

Customization

dan from ncm

Industry: Publishing

Document sharing was easy

Pros

this was a good platform to use for sharing documents for construction projects

Cons

that not everyone uses this platform so if you are doing something here and someone doesn't have an account they need to sign up but that is the same with any platform

December 2014

Seth from Stillwater Building Center

December 2014

iSqFt is helpful in many ways.

Pros

The vendor was friendly and worked with the price of the product, allowing our company flexibility with multiple options. The product has given us quick access to documents, as well as the ability to reach others in the construction community.

Cons

The search function can be difficult to navigate and requires very specific input to get the type of bids you are looking for.

Tyler from Ricky Heath Plumbing

Pretty intuitive to use

Pros

I use this as a subcontractor. It's great for accessing blueprints for bidding jobs.

Cons

It was kind of confusing at first. I think a better demo would be helpful for first-time users.

Donnie from Hunzinger Construction

iSqFt is easy to navigate and manage with very little training.

Pros

The easy to use layout of iSqFt is the best thing about it. All of our contacts are in iSqFt so that we can easily send out bid invitations, manage documents, and update the bid status for subcontractors.

Cons

For the most part, iSqFt is in a "data silo". They are starting to dabble in their integration with Procore but before that, there was nothing else that it would talk to.

Dave from Tropical Property Management

Use of I sq ft.com

Very good, Very informative. Lets me know the physical location instantly so I can decide to bid or not on a job.

Pros

It gives me the physical location within the headlines.

Cons

Numerous updates.

January 2016

Gene from Flannery Construction

January 2016

Poor chose of for General Contrator

Pros

Subcontractors like it the best so we went with it.

Cons

Unable to quickly chose subcontractors from your private directory and import them into your project without having to search for them. When you want to add a trade and subs to a project you need a paper copy of your private director and enter names or fax number into your project. Very time consuming.

Thomas from Griffin Electric Down East LLC

Lots of Jobs

This opened many doors for our company. We have gotten a few jobs that have established lasting relationships with customers we would have never been introduced to without the software.

Randy from RC Security Consulting

Industry: Security and Investigations

Don't waste your time and money

complete joke called and voiced or concerns and was basically told to bad you are stuck in a one year contract

Pros

Nothing this is the worst scam and rip off possible

Cons

Was promised that this would be a great product to find low voltage jobs when you find them on the platform you have to weed through 20 pages of documentation only to find out even though it's listed its not being bid so you spend 30 min to 2 hours for nothing

Carolyn from BRB Roofing & Mfg

Excellent Plan Room and Service

Pros

The software is very user-friendly, and it's easy to find information regarding projects.

Cons

Theres nothing I dont like about iSqFt. If you know how to put it to work for you, it will give you more of what we all need most: time.

Melody from Ecker Construction

Love the database!

Thanks to the database of subcontractors on iSqFt, we have seen a nice increase in a number of bids we received from subcontractors. It has allowed us to form great working relationships with new subs as well. Also, our account rep is always quick to help us with any questions we may have.

Pros

The database of subcontractors available

Cons

Nothing

May 2014

Somya from D' Argent Construction

May 2014

Love this Program

Pros

I like the ease of use and their support staff, who are the best. It has made work fun for me.

Cons

This program is little pricey, so it took me a year to convince the company owner to buy it.

Candice from Construction

Easy App

Pros

Just started using iSqFt. So far it has been easy to find the information needed for a project. All the contractors info is available. I like the set up. Easy to use

Cons

More difficult to learn my way around but once I took the tutorials it was easy! Communication board between gc's and subs might be nice.

Craig from CONANT CONSTRUCTION

iSqFt for General Contractors

Program takes awhile to learn. But so does everything worth the time. Once applications are catered to your business, it will become easier.

Pros

Transfer and share files easily

Cons

Take a while to learn program

Steve from Carpentry, Interior Design

This tool will pay for itself quickly

Pros

We use this software to stay abrest of the construction projects in our area. It is a very effective tool to see plans and bid projects.

July 2014

Ryan from Marpac Construction

July 2014

iSqFt Bid Management

Pros

They have great customer service.

Cons

I would prefer if the application did not use Java.

Nikki from Overland Corporation

iSqFt Review

Back when I used this software I really liked it. It was very easy to use and worked great for our needs.

Jake from Freeman Exteriors

Terrible Customer Service

No benefits if the customer service is horrible.

Pros

There's not much we actually got from Isqft. other than being able to connect with a few other contractors and such.

Cons

I have tried to reach out to our area manager numerous times and no response. I then reached out to his boss and no response for her. Terrible customer service and wouldn't recommend anyone to use this service.

Jesus from Synergy

Industry: Facilities Services

very helpful

very good to look for the project info and submit proposals, we have some invitation but no all the companies are in this app

Pros

I use to check info for some projects in the area, is very easy to use and provide all the information

Cons

on the free version is very limited, the full trial is awesome

Great software to streamline the bidding process

Pros

This software is an easy effective way to bid projects. It's ability to communicate between subcontractors is fantastic.

Cons

We have only used this software a few times. We have had issues with the billing aspect with them. Other than that we have had no issues.