All McCormick Electrical Estimating Reviews

Kevin

McCormick Estimating Software 1000 w/ OSE

I can not say enough about the support that is given. I had a issue with the license key when I first got it. One quick call to tech support they had me up and running in minutes. Then after that I talked with my regional sales manager, he could not have been more friendly or helpful. That has not been intrusive either He has checked in a couple of times to make sure everything was going well. Live on screen demo and training was helpful. He did such a good job with that I haven't had that many questions. On one occasion I called to ask a question on something I couldn't figure and asked for "my" guy, he had gone home for the day so I left a voicemail. It wasn't 10-15 minutes later and he was calling me back, after his work hours, now that customer service. The software is well written, easy to use and intuitive. Changes to accommodate your business is easy to do as well. The fact that the On screen estimating is part of the estimating software, if purchased, is great. It's nice to watch counts go directly to the estimating software, rather than importing it. This has been perfect for our small 5-10 man electrical company.

PROS

The support can't be beat and ease of use. The ability to accept auto updates from trade service, national pricing service and others to keep pricing up to date.

CONS

The license key, on a thumb drive, did not work when it was shipped . Other than that I haven't ant issues or complaints

RANDY

Construction, 11-50 employees

Reviewed July 2019

Randy Lee with Lee's Electric Company. 48 year old company. Conest vs McCormick

If McCormick would listen to some of my ideas they would be the number 1 software. Their support is great. The yearly Cost is great. It's just some small cons. Conest support has good people. My executive is one of the best. It's just to expensive. When you pay for an upgrade and there is none it pisses me off. EBM IS THE FAST OF ALL BUT ONLY GOOD FOR SMALL JOBS.

PROS

McCormick is a very speed driven software. Fast take offs. I purchased it long ago but only use it 10 percent of the time. I have been waiting for some upgrades, which will make it complete. Conest has tons of assemblies for every task. But takeoffs are slow and requires total attention of you could make an expensive mistake.

CONS

I don't like the Messaging system. I don't like the things that slow the process down. What good is a fast take off if it slows you don't when trying to get the bids out. Conest software is slow if you use the Sure Count.

Robert

Reviewed April 2017

Very large and versitile

If we didn't have so much already invested, I'd try a different system. My estimators don't want to go through the learning process to change.

PROS

Large program, not difficult to learn. Having our business in Phoenix and them being in the Phoenix area cuts the cost of training down.

CONS

Setting up initially takes a bit of time. Every time they come out with an updated version it has had lots of bugs and problems. The advised us that we would save a lot of time on estimating going with "On Screen Take-off" and it was the opposite. It cost us a lot of time and was a TOTAL WASTE OF OUR TIME AND MONEY! They didn't care when I called and talked to them about it.

Mitch

Construction, 2-10 employees

Reviewed February 2021

Making My Estimating Efficient

Excellent I wouldn't want any other software. From the sales department to tech support this company and the software are on point.

PROS

It makes my time worth having it. I can efficiently work in the field and come home and estimate projects. It saves me so much time and wins projects with reasonable margins over the competition. It gives us the edge to compete with any company in our field. Its not just small projects all sizes and shapes and it has allowed us to expand and hire more people.

CONS

The only complain I would have is not being compatible with windows updates in the early stages of owning it. The company was great though and recognized this and the tech support group is second to none.

Scott

Reviewed September 2018

Makes bidding easier and faster

PROS

I think the software is easy to use and makes bidding a lot easier and faster saving time in the office bidding projects which allows more time for other tasks.

CONS

Very difficult to print out a detailed price for change orders. I can't delete items on a take off tab and need to enter them aa a negative. Whish there was a free site that linked up for keeping item costs.

Bryce

Reviewed July 2017

Easy to use, and very fast to learn the software!

Excited to see what the future holds for my company now and the updates of McCormick's system! Now we have time to concentrate on other aspects of the business. Keep up the good work !!!

PROS

Everything about McCormick's system is very user friendly and I don't have any complaints! Dylan Fisher has been very helpful and patient as I learn the software. Was very nervous, worried If I could learn and use this without major training but after acouple training sessions it started to come together very fast!

CONS

Give me alittle more time. Right now I'm new to the system and haven't found anything that your McCormick's guys can't handle or make right.

Kevin

Reviewed March 2018

McCormick estimating software has been a great addition to our company!

Customer support & tech support is great! I would highly recommend taking their training courses to help maximize the potential of the software.

PROS

We love the DEP on screen estimating. The ability to do a takeoff directly from the plans and have info entered into the audit trail has been a useful time saving feature.

CONS

When we initially installed the software, we had some software errors that required calls to technical support. These are happening much less frequently now.

Troy

Great Software...Great Support

PROS

I have used this product in the past at previous employers. In starting a new company, I did extensive research to find my best option for Electrical Estimating Software. The team at McCormick helped me through the process and gave me in depth access to the innovative products I had not been experienced with in the past. I took the next step in becoming more efficient with the On Screen Estimating upgrade, and can't see how I managed without it for so many years. Thanks McCormick!

CONS

There is a cost to quality estimating software, but if you want to get to the next level it is critical.

Nathan

Construction, 2-10 employees

Used less than 6 months

Reviewed December 2020

Robust But a Pain

Electrical estimating and takeoff prior to bids. The experience is poor. I have a faster easier time doing it manually. NOT worth the investment or a small contractor.

PROS

Many other vendors support their formats.

CONS

For a smaller scale contractor this software is too cumbersome and takes a ton of time to input basic info prior to being able to review takeoffs and counts. I can manually do a count faster. I caution against this software. There is a ONE YEAR (company claim) to become proficient with their product. I balance estimating with other roles. I don't have time to play with all their bells and whistles.

Reasons for switching to McCormick Electrical Estimating

The update of prices within the estimate..

Claudio

Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing, 51-200 employees

Reviewed October 2016

McCormick or Accubid?

We went through a detailed review of both McCormick's Win 6000 and Accubid's product. After thorough analysis, we picked McCormick's software. We found that McCormick simply has a greater value. Both products can do the same thing, however with Accubid the additional (yearly, and upgrade fees) add up quite substantially.

PROS

1. Customer Service: Any technical problems/questions are resolved very promptly. 2. All-in One: With McCormick you can easily produce change orders within a project folder. With Accubid, you need to purchase a program just to do change orders and they aren't upfront about it.

CONS

1. A few glitches 2. 32 Bit System - You may get get some glitches on initial set-up (however tech support, resolved them instantly).

Hal

Reviewed June 2017

Recent upgrades have taken away the ability to substitute different specs.

Be careful to clarify what your warranty period is and when you have to start to pay the yearly service fee

PROS

Friendly customer service personnel. program is fairly intuitive once you get used to it. They return call promptly

CONS

If you have a simple problem, they will not answer any question if you don't pay the yearly service fee. Even if the problem is a hardware issue with their hardware.

Josh

Reviewed April 2018

Works well. But more should be offered for the money.

PROS

It does almost everything. I would like to be able to delete from the audit trail in take off with even the basic version.

CONS

Seems like everytime i try to do something it tells me that this feature is not offered in my version. I think they are simple adds but it seems like everytime i turn around something is wanting more money for something. I understand its buisness and we all need to make money but the more money your able to help us make the more money we can spend with you on different things.

Eric

Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing, 51-200 employees

Used less than 6 months

Reviewed September 2017

Poor quality, full of bugs.

The company would not provide any sort of refund. They told us that the 30 days had expired but anybody who has ever tried to launch a new software system and enter custom labor units and assemblies knows that 30 days is not reasonable. I would stay away from this system, there are much better ones out there, we ended up purchasing Accubid and it is great! Customer service is excellent and the system was easy to set up and runs on any platform.

PROS

It was moderately priced. Really there is nothing else to say about this product that is a pro, it is worthless and now resides in the box it came in. The box is a nice box perhaps because it is green and that is an aesthetically pleasing color.

CONS

Difficult to install, Slow to work with new hardware, the system runs an almost obsolete platform so if you have updated hardware and software the system will not run well, customer support was terrible, tech support could not solve the issue at hand and then gave up on it.

Timothy

Moving forward with McCormick

PROS

The McCormick estimating software with the On Screen Estimating option definitely simplifies and expedites the estimating process while maintaining accuracy.

CONS

I do not have a problem with this product at the current time.

Matt

McCormick User since 2008

PROS

I find McCormick to be very user friendly. The support is second to none and very timely.

CONS

I would not change anything about the software. The yearly cost seems expensive but you get what you pay for.

Vincenzo

Reviewed June 2017

Outstanding customer support. Software fulfills our needs exactly.

I would highly recommend McCormick Systems over any other Take Off software.

PROS

System allows us to give more accurate bids and also allows us to avoid delay in waiting on pricing from supply companies. Also the flexibility in creating your own personal assemblies and overlapping similar plans are key features.

CONS

Multi User function is costly. Like most other systems available, you will need a large monitor to view plans.

Jason

Used less than 2 years

McCormick Systems Electrical Estimating Software

PROS

Product works well and Tech Support is outstanding. You actually get to talk with a person when you have any issues!

CONS

Having used 4 or 5 other softwares there have been good and bad about each software. The reports function of McCormick is a little quirky

Jordan

Used less than 12 months

Reviewed November 2015

McCormick Has changed how our company operates for the better

PROS

Software works great from start to end of a project, helps keep things organized and streamlined. Support staff is great, tech support and phone support. Don't have many issues but if I do they are solved within a very short period.

CONS

training classes are only on the states. I like the travel but it would be more cost effective if it were to take place in Canada.

Eric