mHelpDesk Software Reviews

Find out more:

Find out more:

Review Highlights

Pros and Cons

• icon"Clean design, simple setup. This was our first step in taking the business from paper to a software with mobile capabilities."
  • icon"It is very user friendly and the customer support has been very good."
  • icon"It integrates very nicely with my Quickbooks - I also like that it keeps everything streamlined to make my job easier."
  • icon"It failed to do so & it completely altered our inventory, leaving our staff unable to invoice for over a week."
  • icon"Customer Service is terrible. Every time we have an issue, they say they will take care of it and then something else goes wrong."
  • icon"There are VERY limited reports, unable to scale a business with this software."

Have you used mHelpDesk and would like to share your experience with others?

All mHelpDesk Reviews

Michele

mHelp has been a welcome addition to our office. We are finding it to be valuable to our business.

We got rid of paper invoices, which has allowed us to streamline our billing and has saved our office countless hours. We are able to view our business at a glance on our computers and even on our phones when we are away from the office. We are just starting to see the benefits of using the scheduling board. The customization features are awesome!

Pros

We started off trying to master the Job, including invoicing but we are now branching off to use the scheduling board and many other aspects of the software. We find it to be user friendly. One of our very favorite features is the customizing capabilities. We are still learning but we are super happy over all with the software.

Cons

Truthfully we are happy with most everything. There are a couple of things we cannot do but we have worked around these issues.

Response from mHelpDesk

Thank you so much for this feedback Michele--we're so happy to have the opportunity to support Hammons. We're glad the customization features have been helpful to your business!

Replied March 2018

Benjamin

Quick Response

The support team was very quick to answer & respond. Very knowledgeable.

Pros

How quickly their team responded and how when going to the screen to correct the problem I did not lose contact with the agent helping me and/or our conversation.

Cons

I haven't experienced anything yet to not like about this software. Like any program there's the "getting to know the program stage," and the experience is different for everyone. This is why the customer service department plays an important role. ; But once you get it, the things you can do with Your time that is freed up because of this software.

Reasons for switching to mHelpDesk

Referred by HomeAdvisor as well as saw the video & what this software can do. My wife said that she had just been replaced by a software & She Loves It!

Response from mHelpDesk

Benjamin, we're thrilled to hear that our Customer Support team was able to quickly answer your questions. We work hard to make sure we resolve customer questions and concerns quickly. Please let us know if there is anything else we can do to help in the future, and thank you for being an mHelpDesk customer.

Replied July 2019

Leslie

Industry: Architecture & Planning

Worst CRM Of All Time

My experience with MHD has been a headache since day one. Many of the features promised do not work. They try to "trouble shoot" each issue when they arise, but can honestly say they have never actually fixed anything we've had an issue with in the last 10 months we've been using the product. I have not used anything slower since dial up internet. No one at the company can give us a straight answer as to when fixed will be implemented and everyone gives the run around to save themselves. My company speaks with them at least 3 days/wk.

Pros

MHelpDesk has made invoicing easier than what my company used in the past. It also allows all client information to be in one place.

Cons

This is the worst CRM. They have false advertising on their website claiming to be the "fastest, easiest, most powerful field service software." This could not be farther from the truth. Not only is this the SLOWEST software I have ever come into contact with, they also have the worst customer support. No one who works there knows in the ins and outs of the program and they never can give consistent answers. Our company had lost thousands of dollars by implementing this application. It simple DOES NOT WORK in the field. Our company members who use it on devices other than a computer spend HOURS uploading information because the program is so slow. It is an embarrassment to our company when using it in the field and has only been a headache from day one. Do yourself a favor and DO NOT BUY THIS SOFTWARE!

Reasons for choosing mHelpDesk

Their "integrations" with Google Calendar and Quick Books which never actually worked and the ability to track inventory.

Reasons for switching to mHelpDesk

We out grew our old system.

Response from mHelpDesk

Leslie, thank you for taking the time to leave this review. We're very sorry to hear of the challenges you had using mHelpDesk, and we'll be taking this feedback directly to our product and customer support team so we can work on doing better in the future. This isn't the experience we want our customers to have with our product. Thank you again for taking the time to let us know.

Replied August 2019

Ellen

Ease of switching

A++. Their customer service team answers and solves issues within minutes ! They definitely know their software and ways to make it fit your needs.

Pros

This software was easy to set up, customization was a snap and it has saved so much time in the organization of each call performed and invoicing. It integrates with Quick Books immediately. No more delay in getting the information at your fingertips.

Cons

I wish there were more reports that could be run and easier to print if necessary

Reasons for choosing mHelpDesk

This is the best value for the money. We are so glad we switched. They help you with set up from start to finish.

Reasons for switching to mHelpDesk

Software to keep up with today's service needs.

Jamie

Excellent Platform

The demo and set up was great! They did the hard part with our onboarding.

Pros

The customer service is fantastic! There is not usually a wait time to get a person on the line to assist in any way.

Cons

There are report limitations. I have not been able to create a report that will include customer's email addresses.

Reasons for choosing mHelpDesk

mHelpDesk had superb communication and customer service.

Reasons for switching to mHelpDesk

We outgrew Service Fusion and needed something with more capabilities.

Laura

Industry: Printing

MHelp Desk is Pretty Good

Our business services print finishing equipment so I would say this is a pretty good application to use.

Pros

User friendly, easy to use. And also has a timekeeper with GPS included for service technicians which is a plus.

Cons

Inventory items added to customer invoices do not pull out of QBO inventory until the final sync when invoicing the customer. This can lead to incorrect inventory numbers until synced.

Reasons for choosing mHelpDesk

We actually moved from mHelpDesk to Corrigo but will probably return to MHelpDesk. Corrigo is not user friendly.

Maurice

February 2022

There Is A Requirement To Seep Up The System.

When I decided to migrate to an online, cloud-based system that would help us manage our firm more efficiently, I looked at a number of options. I had a chance to speak with a couple of them. I wanted to deal with a smaller company that could provide excellent service and grow with us. MHelpdesk has made my life a lot easier. We run a home painting company, and having all of our information in one location has been quite beneficial. We are still in the process of transferring everything, but at our own pace. My advice to anyone considering this is to take the jump, sign up for the 30-day trial, and give it a shot. Take it for a minimum of three weeks to see how it works. You won't want to return to the never-ending spreadsheets. I understand that there are larger organizations in this field, but they will not treat you as well as these folks.

Pros

The customizability options for generating estimates and invoices are fantastic. The ability to build a price list simplifies invoicing in the field by allowing you to simply add a pre-worded/priced line item to the invoice. Collecting payments is equally simple, thanks to the possibility of emailing an invoice to a customer, who can then click a link and pay with a credit card.

Cons

The one thing we'd want to see modified is the ability to schedule a work order by selecting a project name. At the moment, you can only choose a site's parent name. Because not all parent names correspond to site names in our field, determining the correct parent and site name can be difficult at times. It would be helpful if you could add by site parent name or exact site location.

Reasons for choosing mHelpDesk

why I can choose this I am already explain in my pros, cons & describe section.

Mas Idayu

Industry: Oil & Energy

Great helpdesk application

Pros

It's elegant in its simplicity, easy to use and does what it's supposed to. As long as you're only looking to arrange projects and make invoicing and estimates, it's a great tool. There's also a smartphone app, although it's just good for the basics. Assessments, service calls, and invoices may be done quickly and easily. Managing customer information across various employment locations is a joy.

Cons

There are instances when they provide upgrades that don't benefit my daily application use. Because they cater to a wide range of sectors and demands, I can see how the change would be beneficial. More of them being optional would be ideal. There is a noticeable lag in the application's response but not too serious.

Ryan

July 2022

With mHelpDesk, My Workflow is Always Save.

I have well satisfactory experience using mHelpDesk software.

Pros

I like the offline version which always keeps my work saved and secure.

Cons

This software has not given me any issues so far.

Christopher

Industry: Facilities Services

mHelpdesk review

It fit its purpose perfectly but was not the best product out there for large commerical landscape companies. Our first foray into a digital reporting app anf it was sufficient at the time.

Pros

It filled our need for a job reporting software customers requested.

Cons

Did not use much past ticket emailing to customers

Reasons for choosing mHelpDesk

Aspire is far more landscape specific

Christopher

Industry: Medical Devices

Great Field Service CRM Foundation

Pros

Mhelpdesk Field Service software greatly improved our business workflow by transforming our carbon copy work order system to a fully digital system that helped reduce our turn around time for billing. Recently, I was able to work with a mhelpdesk staff member during the development of the newly designed Equipment page where they were implementing the new features to track when equipment next service due dates are. This was a huge improvement for our business as we track mandatory inspection dates for our customers.. The customer support has always been A+ when it comes to address issues, or questions, especially with the instant chat function from the web app.

Cons

- Mobile App: The mobile app is an area that could see improvement. Some of the workflow using the app when creating a new Service Request can be glitchy and difficult to input all the information. The list of service requests also does not always update correctly and this is something we are currently in the process of working with the support team on. - Inventory: The inventory management section is severely lacking and is not truly useable for our business workflow. With no ability to enter Purchase Orders/Vendor Information/RMA and tracking when inventory is received without manually adjusting the #'s on the price list, it becomes extremely vulnerable to missed information and inaccurate #'s leading us to use an alternative program to track inventory. This has been one of the hardest work around areas for our company as we are always constantly ordering replacement parts for equipment that we do not normally carry in stock. - Price List: Another area regarding the price list for our company is that our labor rates are negotiated individually causing us to have to create a line item on the price list for every single Customer Hourly Rate, Mileage Rate, and Travel Time rate so that our engineers are able to bill customers correctly. It would be much easier if when creating a customer, you were able to designate their hourly rates so that information would automatically apply when engineers are entering their labor times.

Carol

Industry: Facilities Services

5+ year customer

I've found that while they met my expectations at the beginning, they have consistently gotten better over the years. They are responsive to customer requests of new functions. Having this online has allowed me to work from home when needed which was one of the reasons we chose it in the beginning.

Pros

It has all the functions I need to do my job efficiently and they have had some nice updates over the years. Their customer service is great. I've always gotten representatives that are knowledgeable and nice. When I have a problem, I'm able to use the chat function and 99% of the time they get me answers. Even when that doesn't work, they answer my calls and fix the issues. Every customer service rep without exception has been very nice to work with.

Cons

Sometimes they do updates that don't necessarily help with my day to day use of the program. I understand that they are servicing many different industries and needs and I can see the usefulness of the update. It would be nice if they made more of them optional. I have noticed a bit of a slow down in the program responsiveness. It isn't awful, but noticeable. I've done speed tests so I don't think it is my server but I'm not a computer geek so I can't be certain.

Response from mHelpDesk

Hi Carol, thank you for being a long-time mHelpDesk customer and for taking the time to share your experience. We're proud of our Customer Success team and we're thrilled to hear you've had good experiences with them over the years. As you mention, we are always finding ways to improve the software, and you should see additional improvements in the coming months. Thank you again for your business.

Replied April 2019

mHelpDesk a solid tool for MSPs

mHelpDesk has been a welcomed addition to our operations. In vetting the product it was challenging getting accurate information about how we wished to use the tool. We integrate it with QB and use QB Advanced Inventory for our inventory mgmt. It has been challenging getting the functionality we desire from the inventory module through the mHD UI. Since rolling it out, the core functionality is working well. The enhancements specific to our operations have been less successful. The fact that the mHD team is constantly gathering feedback and augmenting functionality makes me more confident that we will eventually be able to use it as we intended to use it from the onset. The forthcoming API is a big part of this.

Pros

Easy association of work orders with easy to produce estimates & invoicing. Customizations are easily achievable via a user facing settings interface which is quite intuitive. Support has been very responsive to our requests. We may not always get the answers we wish we would get but support is quite robust. mHD is always gathering info from the users and adding functionality. We are greatly anticipating the API.

Cons

No API. the user defined fields are just free text fields. You must export a CSV to use the data. It would be much more helpful if when I enter the mileage from the field techs I could then run a mileage report. The customized report interface is lacking. You cannot query the DB directly.

Tanya

have used for 4 years now

We were much happier with the original version and while we continue to use the software, I still and looking for a new option to try.

Pros

It is fairly easy to use. We mainly use it to create invoices and work orders that we print and send to customers. The customization of forms was great when they helped us initially set it up.

Cons

We acutally loved this product when we first started using it. We used it on a desktop in the office. We were on the original version until they kicked us off and told us it was not longer available. The do not truly think of the people who have to use it on a desktop at all. The font is so light that I literally get a headache each day trying to read it on my 20inch monitor. I have already enlarged the magnification and then when I try to create new customers or other things, you cannot see the save button on the enlarged screen. We have tried to tell them this, but to no avail. Why would you not think there are people working in offices on desktops and laptops still??? Since they have Home Advisor, Mhelp seems to be the step child and they no longer allow you to make suggestions. I guess they do not care anymore what their customers think.

Barbara

Time used: Free Trial

May 2013

We provide Information Technology Service and Solutions to home and business users. We pride ourselves on the fact that we deliver service and solutions that solve the headaches that Information Technology can cause, efficiently and professionally. Our solutions are totally managed by our support team made up of inside support technicians and field service technology support teams. Working on solutions that are managed and monitored allow our customers to focus on business, not I.T. issues. We have been working with an in-house solution for a few years that couldn't offer an easy to use mobile solution. Service Techs would have to connect to the server remotely and in most cases this took too long and was inefficient. Utilizing an access database, exporting to Excel and QuickBooks was problematic due to the fact that data fields would change from an update, causing us to have to reconfigure more often. This is extremely non-productive. We are 90% done with converting our customers over to the new MHelpDesk solution. This has been a painless migration for us. I am very happy with the ease of use with this solution. The Techs love it too, and say things like "what an improvement, we now have all the customer data at our finger tips while we are at the customer location". The online help and support videos are a big plus. Checking out the Blogs we found helpful information that gave us some ideas on how we could configure MHelpDesk; saving time, trial and error. We called in for technical support twice to get clarification on exporting to QuickBooks and found the MHelpDesk support to be very knowledgeable and straight forward on the explanation of our configuration needs. Over the next month we will start barcoding all of our customers Technology Assets that we are responsible for. Our customers contract with us to manage there I.T. Systems. With the barcoding we will be that much more efficient. LESS ERRORS. Identifying equipment has been a challenge and by barcoding we now have the missing link. The biggest benefit to our company is the fact we can enter customer information and updates remotely. The information is available immediately to the main office and management can take action on services issues. This allows the field service techs to take action at the customer site, and in most cases estimate cost, invoice and bill while at the customer location. It's all about being professional and efficient. We are so pleased to have implemented this solution for our business and look forward to the successes it will bring.

Tim