(1,845)

1,845

(1,209)

1,209

• Pros

• "This program has been easy to learn and saves me a ton of time. It is very organized and gets me paid faster with customers. Great program!"

• "I love the ease of use of this program. I also really appreciate that I can pay most of my taxes by pressing a simple button. Their customer service is exceptional most of the time."

• "It is easy to use. Their customer service is very helpful and it is free! It is very convenient because I can access anywhere I go. "

• Cons

• "There are a few bugs to resolve but the support team and worked quickly with us. "

• "It can be a bit clunky at times (a few seconds to load new pages), but the desktop application through Quickbooks online seems to solve this issue. "

• "As a new user it was confusing as there is a big learning curve and so many functions available to the user.but customer service was there to help"

Browse QuickBooks Online Advanced Reviews

Adrian from Cornertech.com

Industry: Industrial Automation

The most complete small business accounting solution

Overall I am beyond happy with my choice to put QuickBooks Online at the core of my businesses accounting functions. The cost is extremely reasonable for the power and huge capabilities it has.

Pros

Easy to use whether you have no accounting experience or you are a pro. The user interface is logically laid out so you can get where you need intuitively. Between the very complete built in functionality and a robust App Store of add-ins for specific needs it Quickbooks Online can provide a solution to any accounting need You can go it alone or seamlessly incorporate external accounting services depending on your strengths, comfort level and desire to directly engage in specific accounting processes Its cloud based so you do not have to deal with local computers and storage that have to be maintained and backed up to secure your business critical data. This also means your can access your data from anywhere you like. Two step verification for log in so your data is very secure. The Quickbooks Online mobile app is excellent and lets you input receipts and expenses easily and immediately so you never get behind.

Cons

I had very few issues. Mostly surrounding my inexperience with accounting. It would be nice if Intuit would have some General Accounting Practices videos to get complete accounting novices up to speed on the basics like setting up a book of accounts and how to categorize expenses properly.

Anna from Moses Brown School

Gets the job done-- but very buggy.

QuickBooks online has its weaknesses and bugs. However, after my research I think it's the best option out there for now.

Pros

Quickbooks is easy to "plug in" and go... You can use their templates and basic accounts and set up your own accounting system in no time. I had no bookkeeping or accounting experience before using QuickBooks Online, and I was proficient after about 6 months of part-time use. Having an accountant log-in is so helpful in today's world so many people are working from home/ traveling/ etc. It is indispensable for my organization to have an online accounting platform that I, my organization's volunteer treasurer, and our hired accountant can all access from our home computers. As a non-profit organization that only pays a tiny amount of sales tax, that portion of the software is very functional and is one fewer thing I have to deal with. I do not use payroll through this system, so I cannot comment on the functionality of that portion.

Cons

The bugs in the software (accounts that won't delete, messing up check numbers, etc) are the most annoying part of using QuickBooks Online for me. If you are a small team, you can just work around them and you eventually learn what they are, but it is repeatedly annoying. Their customer service is weak, but there are lots of affordable training courses that can fill in those gaps as you use the program. I sometimes wish that Quickbooks Online were MORE customizable (i.e. allow you to delete certain generic accounts), and I sometimes wish it were LESS customizable (journal entries can be numbered ANYTHING which confuses me). Overall, I think it allows me to do most of what I need to do in bookkeeping for my non-profit.

Janet from OMNI ACCOUNTING AND TAX INC.

A must-have for business owners

The auto-bank download is a must-have in any tax software. The Desktop version requires some steps to manually visit the bank for the download but can be done. QBO is a solid software for small businesses.

Pros

Good tutorials available, auto-banking transaction download (though it does not work for some banks or credit unions in BC) is a great feature, easy to MATCH or TRANSFER funds. Easy to set up bills and to invoice out of the program.

Cons

A little bit glitchy - sometimes fields get lost, or report titles get shifted and cut-off. Multi-currency requires the user to go online externally to grab exchange rates. It's confusing to issue customer refunds. The tax module (GST, PST) works okay. Bank reconciliations are difficult when there's anything done out of the ordinary, whereas a manual reconciliation would get the job done quicker.

Reasons for Choosing QuickBooks Online Advanced

Sage does not have free access for accountants and bookkeepers, so I do not recommend that program since I have not had the opportunity to try it or access my client's books with it. I've used Wave (free) and while it does download from the bank, the information is not as comprehensive and it does not reconcile easily with the GL. FreshBooks is highly not recommended for business who need double-entry accounting (ie. would be useful only with self-employed persons who do not need a balance sheet). For these reasons, I recommend QBO for small businesses.

Quickbooks Online has changed our whole model

Pros

Quickbooks online has allowed our organization to update, modernize, and change the way we approach our finances. Within a few months, we moved from a fairly archaic book keeping system to one that is completely modernized, online, and easier to use. Our whole team has saved time and frustration after making the change to QBO. Changing to Quickbooks online has helped us to improve our record-keeping, issue payments faster, made it easier for us to prepare for an annual audit, and provides many different options for planning, budgeting and reporting for a Board of Directors. With a small team, we are very appeciative of the Help features and online support available.

Cons

The only issue I have run into so far with Quickbooks Online is that there is a limit to the number of automatic reports that can be generated. For example, we would love to have the option to pull a variance report automatically from our records. Luckily, Quickbooks Online does provide you the features needed to build custom reports - so we got what we needed with a little bit of work.

Reasons for Choosing QuickBooks Online Advanced

We chose Quickbooks online because it offered us the best mix of price, functionality, user support, and financial management. With a small team with limited financial knowledge, we felt that Quickbooks Online offered us the most for our limited budget.

Keirsten from Beals MMO Haven

Quickbooks Online is not the same as Quickbooks Desktop!

We solved the issue of being able to log in from anywhere, however, we did go back to the desktop version for report purposes.

Pros

It was easy to log in from anywhere and add transactions. It was super easy to take pictures of transactions and upload them into the online platform. QBO does work with Tsheets as well, but not in the way that the desktop is capable.

Cons

Job costing and certified payroll are not possible with Quickbooks Online. Many of the reports I need to utilize are not available with the online. It would be great for a small home type business, but anything where intricate reports are needed or as stated, certified payroll or prevailing wages, are just not possible with the online version. We ended up going back to Quickbooks Desktop due to the certified payroll and job costing/mapping.

Reasons for Choosing QuickBooks Online Advanced

We initially went with online so that we could log in from any device. Now, we have the enterprise solutions desktop and keep a "working company file" on usb drive and utilize accountant copies.

Phil from Diamond Computer Incorporated

A constantly moving target, but works well for basic SB accounting needs...

We initially moved from QuickBooks Pro Desktop to the Online version to allow for our new Online Service Management System (RazorSync) to easily export invoices into QB for processing. In that regard, QB Online has worked well and met expectations. It's obviously an evolving product and there have been many changes to it over the time we've been on the service; some good, some not-so-much. The reporting module is very limited and unless one of the canned reports is close to what you want it's a struggle to obtain some information in a format that's useful. All those issues aside however it's been a good solution for our company and we expect we'll continue to use it.

Pros

It's wonderful to have access to our accounting system from any Internet-connected device. Integration with our Service Management System (RazorSync) has allowed us to turn Service Orders into invoices and send them via QuickBooks Online quickly and easily, which has absolutely improved how quickly we get paid on jobs. The Payroll module makes it easy to pay our employees and calculate the necessary withholding and taxes due.

Cons

The reports in the Online version are clunky and horribly limited. Recently Intuit modified what was included in the package we were in and limited the number of accounts we're allowed to have in the Chart of Accounts without paying a higher fee, so we're stuck not being able to add new accounts unless we want to go to the "next tier". Last year we needed to reprint some older tax forms that weren't showing up so we were forced to contact support for assistance. We finally got what we needed done but it took contacting two different support reps as the first one obviously wasn't familiar with the product and made changes to our accounting data that had to then be fixed by the second rep.

Jessica from Williams & Keckler, LLC

Keeps clients connected with their Accountant

Overall I like QuickBooks online and recommend it to my clients. It is setup to be user friendly and can potentially save users a lot of time. I like how the bank transactions download in and you can match or add them individually or automatically. A lot of businesses have a lot of frequent and similar transactions so I make rules to automatically add them to the books. This also carries over to the reconciliation so I can quickly reconcile the books to the bank statements.

Pros

I like how I can log in and help keep my clients books on track. When they have questions, I can log in and see exactly what they are talking about and either help them fix it or fix it on my end. I also like how the bank can be connected so all the transactions import into QuickBooks.

Cons

I dont like how some of the functionality is taken away and given only to QuickBooks support. The payroll center and sales tax center both need some work. Some fields in payroll checks we cannot edit, even if QuickBooks is calculating it wrong. Last couple times I called support, I was on the phone for hours and I am a pro advisor.

Josh from Blue Energy Group

Is there anyone else?

I've been using Quickbooks in one form or fashion for over 20 years.

Pros

It's fairly easy to use and it's all online so I can access my books from anywhere in the world on any device.

Cons

It does seem to be a bit expensive for software but is there anyone else that can even compete?

Reasons for Choosing QuickBooks Online Advanced

There is no legit competition for a small business. ADP is horrible.

Laura from Cedaran LLC

Quickbooks Online is Sleek, Professional, Easy, but Lacks Some Custom Reporting Features

Overall, Quickbooks Online can replace the accounting software of most small-to-medium businesses. It's easy to use and fast. You can use Quickbooks Online from anywhere, any device, at any time. That's a big deal. I love having the ability to browse it on my computer and then, when I need to, bring it up on my phone when I'm at the coffee shop or with a client. Intuit hit it out of the park with this app.

Pros

The best feature is easily the sales tracking. It's easy to create quotes, turn them into sales orders, and then onto invoices. The process is easily linkable with many POS and ecommerce solutions.

Cons

QBO lacks some of the most robust reporting features that I'm used to. This is the biggest issue with the online software.

Reasons for Choosing QuickBooks Online Advanced

Wanted the web-based application for easier availability, scalability, and extensibility.

Mary from Seminole County Public Schools

Quick Books is a Time Saver

Overall I think this is a great software and I like being able to manage everything in one place.

Pros

I love using Quickbooks for my small business. It allows me to invoice all of my customers, collect payments and keep track of the books.

Cons

Sometimes I think that you have to go through too many buttons to access the areas of need that you have.

Kevin from Allspice Catering

The one stop software for any Business

I am currently learning how to better integrate my time keeping services with quick books and I am overall happy with the transisiton

Pros

This Software is absolutely essential to my day to day operations. From the ease of use in payroll services, tracking inventory, combining all purchase and financing accounts and creating invoices for all of my customers I could not be happier with Quickbooks. What I really love is that software is always adapting and improving to help with more and more essential tasks, and if I don't know how something works there is always a Webinar/Customer service agent/video to give myself and my employees the tools they need to meet any accounting challenge.

Cons

The only two issues I have had is with compatibility with the payroll time clock services I would like to use, and this is more personal preference than anything else. I would like to see more options for bio metric time-clocking services than is currently available. the second is the saving of last used dates in the software meaning you have to be vigilant when making invoices or printing checks (I have lost a ton of checks this way)

Reasons for Choosing QuickBooks Online Advanced

Quickbooks was the obvious choice for us when choosing our accounting software because it was easier to use and had a fantastic importing option for older invoicing and books.

Joshua from Lake City Inspections LLC

Should Be Great...But There Are Some Issues

Overall, the software should be and is quite capable, however, it seems the staff need more resources/training to troubleshoot issues and the pay period settings need to be more customizable.

Pros

Quickbooks is the most well-known accounting software on the planet. It's slick, the software is implemented and developed well with no bugs in my experience, and the capability fits any size business via their subscription plans. This was very much needed for me as a small business owner and it's been a great step up from what I was previously doing.

Cons

Here's the cons: When setting up an employee the software gave me a notification and wouldn't allow me to go further once I selected that I had paid the employee previously and would be paying back taxes on them myself rather than charging those to the employee payroll. The notification wanted me to contact Quickbooks for "special handling". The problem is that the QB staff didn't seem to know what or why it was doing that and in the end basically I just had to bypass that whole question altogether to get the employee in the system and I'll have to figure out the previous taxes come tax time. This was like a 2 week process of asking QB repeatedly about this issue. The last con is the software's insistence to have me running payroll on the same day as the end of the pay period. I've never worked anywhere that did this and it doesn't make a whole lot of sense considering you don't have the hours for that last day yet. But nonetheless, I cannot find any option to change this and I end up waiting a week later, then running payroll, but the software ends up changing the pay date to the previous pay date after a couple of days, so my records are off. This has been the single most frustrating part of the software and nobody seems to know how to modify this particular aspect of it.

Direct integration with Spectora

Dane from Boundless Tax | Bookkeeping | Payroll

Quickbooks Online is Robust Software

Overall, QBO is wonderful software for bookkeepers, accountants, and small business owners. It is arguably the most powerful and robust software on the market, and is priced fairly well. Its integrations with other pieces of software and/or websites that small business owners use is second-to-none, and I am glad Intuit continues to work on that area. I would only say that support's knowledge of their own product is incredibly limited in my experience, and they need to stick by their pricing instead of releasing a few new features every year that have marginal actual use and claiming they need to raise prices because of them.

Pros

I love QBO - their software just works! I own a bookkeeping firm and nearly all of our clients use QBO. Nearly all bookkeeping activities can be completed, including accounts payable/receivable, financial statements, journal entries, bank reconciliations, sales tax, and even payroll. I find our clients want us to use QBO and they are eager to learn it. Along those lines, it is an easy piece of software to teach someone how to use, but still packs many robust features.

Cons

Two items: 1) The Intuit QBO customer service needs work, and lots of it. I have only web-chatted with them on three occasions, and on all three occasions, I solved the problem myself before the support agent could find a solution. A company as big as Intuit should know that their support agents need to be MORE knowledgeable than the end-user. In my experience, this is rarely the case. Possibly more training is necessary? 2) Intuit keeps raising monthly subscription prices on their QBO products. In using them for just about five years now, I have gone through five price increases/changes for their QBO Essentials and QBO Plus products, and an additional two on Intuit/Quickbooks Payroll (their payroll increases actually caused me to switch to another provider). Watch your e-mail for notifications diligently.

Boram Chris from More Than Scores And Tests, Ltd (More Than SAT)

Lesser of two evils

Pros

I am not an accounting professional but with a basic understanding of accounting principal, I have been able to use this software to organize my company for the last 10 years. I have made the switch in 2014 to the online version of it. It lets me to use the software anywhere including mobile device and I have been very happy with all the updates Intuit has been making last 3-4 years.

Cons

Everything about customer service. As a long time user, I know the infamous reputation of Intuit at every level. This is one of the SO MANY experiences I had: I had one issue that persisted since 2014. It was a simple issue, but it also caused me some great inconvenience. So I had been contacting them every now and then and the issue was not resolved until recently in 2018. It turned out to be it was as simple as clearing cache. However, every time I called, I had to explain the situation as if it's never been recorded, follow their instruction to do the troubleshooting, then they were puzzled how that happened, and then say that 'someone' will follow up. And THAT NEVER HAPPENED. I got so fed up and had to be on the phone more than 4 hours to a point that the issue was escalated to the presidents' office. I was told that there was a glitch in the system that I had to move to a new account. As they moved my data to a new account, I found out that it won't move credit card or social security info. As I was preparing for the final move, I realized that they have been charging me double. I requested to refund or extend the membership, but they did it again - made me wait for 1-2 hours, told me that I'll speak to a floor manager, then just transfer to another dpt- ALL THE TACTICS TO DISCOURAGE TO find the solution for the issue. Finally, they 'concluded' not to extend the membership with an excused made up they cannot provide in written permission. NEVER HAD SUCH BAD EXPERIENCE.

Scott from All Sorted Business Services

Great Features. Value for money (at the moment). Poor Customer Service

Quickbooks Online is great for businesses that have inventory, job management, budgetting or a large payroll. While these features are available with other software (such as Xero)...it is often for an additional cost. QBO includes these features in their offering. Great for retail, manufacturing and distribution-type businesses. For service-based business that focus on services, such as consultants, professionals or creatives I would recommend Xero as a better alternative.

Pros

Quickbooks Online (for Australia) has great features. It has been around for a long time and has developed a really good platform. Features, such as inventory and payroll are well developed. The reporting available with QBO is excellent - very detailed and flexible.

Cons

When things go wrong...the service is very poor. I've had overseas staff who did not know the system, or how things work in Australia. I have had customer support staff not get back to me. And I've had them flat out tell me that they can't help. Quickbooks is trying to buy market share in Australia, so they are offering significant discounts. This makes the software really affordable...but there is no telling how long these discounts will last. The expiration of a 50% discount may be a nasty surprise for a small business when it does go away. Which it will...at some point. Don't get caught with the Self-Employed Sole Trader version of Quickbooks online. Your Accountant can't view your data, the reporting is poor and you can't migrate your data to other software. It is a very very basic accounting package...that is not very functional and provides no future proofing.

Cliff from Network Interpreting Service Inc.

When it doesn't stink, it's awesome

Cloud based accounting. Reliability. Various user roles is nice.

Pros

It's up time is tremendous. It's prettier than it used to be and getting a little prettier by the year. (The Benjamin Button of Software). It doesn't crash in the middle of doing stuff. Their support is very responsive. API plugins. Yeah, high marks, mostly.

Cons

3 things: 1. Emailing invoices. They don't have good alerts for when you have a bad email address for a customer and this can kill. 2. They don't have a way of automatically adding late payment penalties into the invoicing process. We had to plug in some outside software through an API to effectively deal with this. 3. Somewhat related to #2, it seems weak on automated collection efforts to me. 4. I've pointed out a bug to them twice and it is still not fixed, 3 yrs or more later. Silliest thing. Used to work beautifully, but when they got prettier, it doesn't work anymore. What? Adding on another invoice to pay to a vendor after you have come to the payment process through the "Pay Bills" process. It wants to subtract instead of add. (the most odd thing) (they hae offered work arounds that are not viable and just won't get it fixed.. or haven't) 5. The block "Ctrl Clicking" in places when it would be really handy to open multiple tabs when editing a bunch of stuff. This forces you to come back to the list, and search again and again instead of keeping the searched list in place. Maybe there is some reason for this burdensome navigation.

Chelsey from JLB Simplify

Gives My Small Business a Professional Edge and Makes Accounting a Breeze

This software is simply amazing! I was on vacation in California last year and my business is Kansas City, MO. I had a client reach out needing copies of her service invoices sent to her lawyer by the end of business day. I was able to jump on a computer at the place I was staying and log in to my companies Quickbooks and meet my customer's need. I guess I would have assumed it would work since it is online, but to see it work in a situation like the one I was in, made me extremely happy.

Pros

Quickbooks Online was a game changer for my business. It has paid for itself 100 times over simply because I can more accurately see where my company is spending money. It also allows me to track where a job came from so I can see, in a matter of seconds, where all my jobs came from and how much I earned. This has helped me stop spending money on marketing or advertising is areas that weren't profitable. The second best thing is that it makes getting customer's copies of their invoices a breeze and looks very professional. We are a small business and referrals are very important and clients feel more secure with a company that has such a professional accoutning system. My third favorite thing is QuickBooks On the Go payment options. It has the lowest processing fee I could find, it is extremely simply to set up and use, and it makes accounting easier because Quickbooks automatically seperates the fee from the profit correctly.

Cons

The only cons are based off of user error and personal lack of Quickbooks software and accounting. However, I have an amazing accountant who handles our Quickbooks. He is patient and also helps me learn how to use the basic functions.

Colleen from Brandgarden Mobile Solutions

Quickbooks makes DIY bookkeeping easy.

Easy bookkeeping with all the different report types that we need. We can track divisions as well as overall company income/ expenses.

Pros

Its very easy to use and pretty intuitive. If you need help a Google search usually helps you find the answer you're looking for. As far as functionality goes, its so easy to use to invoice and track payments. We have subscription based payments as well as payments for services rendered. We also have divisions. Quickbooks Online allows you to track everything together or, in divisions so if we want to see how a division is performing we can. There are multiple ways to track numbers so all of the different reports that are available is just great. I like the online QB because both me and my bookkeeper can log on at any time. The big Pro to QB Online is its integration with so many different softwares and platforms and they even have a WordPress Plugin I believe. We recently started using an online proposal software and it integrates with QB Online so our Bookkeeper no longer has to manually enter in new client info, the proposal software adds all the information for us!

Cons

I wish there was a live chat or some kind of customer service to interact with. I'm not a fan of typical Help pages because I can never seem to find exactly what I'm looking for, so I always like software that is backed by live people who are there when you need them.

Vicki from BMI Surgery SC

Payroll Service for Small Offices

I have not had any problems with quickbooks payroll at all. I would recommend this service to other businesses. I also found them to be cheaper that the other payroll companies out in the market.

Pros

This software is very easy to use. Has all of the options we need for tracking deductions, types of pay, vacation accruals, 401K, flexplan deductions, etc. Online check stubs for the employees. They can just log on and get a copy of their paycheck. They automatically receive an email when the check is ready to review. Easy data entry. Quickbooks takes care of all of the Federal and state filing forms and payments. If you use Quickbooks for your business you can set it up to automatically transfer the payroll to your general ledger. Saves time and prevents errors.

Cons

If you don't start out using this software with your quickbooks when you first implement - you are not able to keep your payroll history. If you need to convert from one software to another - I would recommend doing it at the time of your physical year.

Reasons for Choosing QuickBooks Online Advanced

Because I use quickbooks for all other accounting functions and I know that they have a good reputation.

Quickbooks Online

With QBO our clients are able to travel or go out and do their work and invoice and get paid from their mobile devices. They also have a direct connection to us the Accountant so that we can help when they have an issue or maybe they need us to run payroll etc. We also find that we can start tax planning earlier without asking the client for copies of their books and they can continue business as usual without any interruptions from us.

Pros

Ease of use and the ability to collaborate with my clients with out traveling or having to login to their computer. Having the system available in the cloud also provides safety for system crashes and the ability to work from multi locations as needed.

Cons

Unlike the Desktop version as the accountant I am not able to create a new client for my use with out paying anIt has some minor issues like keeping column widths

Reasons for Choosing QuickBooks Online Advanced

Already had multi clients using the software.

Top notch customer service and good option for people without much accounting experience!

QBO helped our medical practice immensely during our first year of business. I feel like QBO enabled our business operations to run smoothly and efficiently. Working with QBO also taught me a lot about accounting in general and gave me confidence as a practice manager. I strongly recommend QBO for individuals who are new to accounting. I have always felt like a valued customer and I am glad that we chose to use QBO for our accounting needs.

Pros

We opened our medical practice about one year ago and started out with QBO from the very beginning. As a practice manager with limited accounting experience, I was really intimidated at first. I give credit to QBO for turning this around, however. The QBO interface is very clean, easy-to-use and intuitive. On top of that, there are several well made educational webinars & instructional videos/articles that simplified my understanding QBO & accounting in general. To go even further, the customer service is amazing. I have called them with questions on a number of occasions and the QBO reps have been some of the most professional, knowledgeable, patient, articulate, and courteous phone agents I have encountered. Even with challenging situations, I have always felt well taken care of by QBO.

Cons

We have run into a couple of minor glitches, but nothing major. For about a month, we kept receiving automatic error emails that told us something was wrong with our account billing when there wasn't. It stopped after a while, but we did have to call multiple times and try different fixes with the reps. The only other problem is that a couple of months ago our transactions stopped automatically streaming into QBO. We weren't able to fix our bank connection through QBO and it became a hassle getting our bank involved. I do want to note, however, that our bank was difficult and unpleasant to work with, but that QBO was really great and I felt that the QBO representatives truly took the time and effort to go above and beyond to help resolve the bank account reconnection issue.

Aaron from Redeemed Construction, LLC

The perfect fit

The go-to book-keeping software. It's just right...

Pros

I love that there are many packages available so that I can get just what I need to fit MY business. There is software out there that is a "one-size-fits-all" and you end up paying for services you don't need or not getting the services you DO need. That's not the case with Quickbooks. I am a contractor and I got Quickbooks Online Plus and I can track projects, 1099's, payroll, and all of the simple book-keeping. The projects feature is amazing as I can categorize transactions per job and know my profitability on a particular job with a few clicks. The reporting is great. I give my accountant the login information and at the end of the year, he logs in and does my taxes for me. The mobile app is perfect for bookwork on the go. Snap a picture of the receipt, tag it to a project and account and it's all taken care of. It links to all my bank accounts and cards so I have everything all in one place. I can access it from anywhere and don't need to download anything as I can use the web app in any browser. It's the perfect fit.

Cons

Cons? Well, I guess it could be free... but it saves me more than the subscription rate in time, reporting, and paperwork, so for me, it technically is free...

Lindsey from Golden Floor

QB Online goes Everywhere with you and is User Friendly

Pros

QB Online has given our company the capability to work remotely and still be able to access all we need through this software. Often times, we have found ourselves needing for draw up bid proposals, check past invoices, and submit payroll while away from the office desktop. QuickBooks Online allows this flexibly to access this information from anywhere with wifi. It also allows several employees to access the information at the same time from varying locations. We have been using this software for nearly 8 years and we have not intentions on using anything else. All accounting duties are done through QB, reconciliations, payroll, payroll taxes, balance sheets, monthly reports, etc. Beyond that we use it for providing bid proposals to our clients. We can easily access past proposals and create invoices directly from them. It has offered us a perfect solution for our accounting and pre-construction daily tasks. QB Online also has the capabilities to sync with TSheets, an employee tracking software that has made the usage of QB online even more user friendly when importing timecards and customer reports.

Cons

Overall, the software is great, however, we would like to see more variety in the bid proposal formatting.

Alberto from Gradehacker

Overall Quality Accounting Software

Quickbooks is the industry standard for accounting needs and the cloud based apps know this. Thus, they make integration to the accounting tool very easy. Quickbook is very easy to set up and the invoicing looks very professional. If you are looking for an overall great accounting software that will require minial training look no further than Quickbooks Online.

Pros

Quickbooks Online is a very accessible accounting software. It is straightforward to use and understand. The reporting in the software is powerful and can be customized and compared to your needs. It integrates very well with hundreds of other apps and softwares.

Cons

Quickbooks is limiting when it comes to adding products or services. Once they are created it is extremley difficult to modify or edit them. This happens across the board with vendors, customers, and other charecteristics of items in the Quickbooks. This makes the need to create new ones necessary and more tedious reporting.

Tabitha from Natural Alternatives for Pets

Industry: Veterinary

Definite learning curve with this software

I have been using QBO via a web browser, iPhone app, iPad app and Mac based app for about 3 years. There are some cool things available such as reports, the ability to collect payments online, and convenience of mobile apps. However, if you are not familiar with double entry accounting or standard accounting practices, nightmares may ensue. After 3 years, I can manage my small business *most* of the time without having tantrums when things don't match up. I've read a lot online and even ordered books about how to properly use the software and I still have trouble sometimes. I don't think this is the ideal solution for people who want a simple way to track money in and money out. It's probably too complicated for many small business people, including me. The reason I continue to use it is because it's one of the cheaper options and I'm used to it. I've considered switching to waveapps several times and do use that one for some of my business transactions. My advice is that if you're going to use QBO, take time to learn how to set it up and use it correctly. If you don't you may end up spending many hours trying to fix months of incorrect entries. It's kinda complicated!

Pros

Cheap, accessible, pretty good phone support. Intuit also offers credit card processing which ties in pretty easily with QBO software.

Cons

Complicated accounting system which is not intuitive. Easy to make a huge mess of many, many transactions before you realize it.

Ashley from Workright

QBO- Great for sharing jobs across multiple locations

Overall, I am satisfied with QBO because it serves my purposes. I need something that my whole team can access from anywhere at anytime. I would like to see a lot of changes, but most are minimal. The overall service being provided- creating invoices, accepting payments, tracking overdues- is there and that's what I need

Pros

his software makes it relatively easy to share tasks among various users without location restraints or the costs of building a large connected network. I like having the flexibility to edit anything at anytime as well as the ability to see when my customers are opening and receiving my missives so I can take action based on that information.

Cons

I do not like the way QBO handles changes to personnel and company information. If I need to resend documents, the system will not update based on any new information I have entered into the Customer section. When I added a balance sheet to my invoices, it was difficult to understand and all my clients ended up sending incorrect or overpayments based on limited information presented in a difficult-to-understand format.

Reasons for Choosing QuickBooks Online Advanced

My team was more familiar with the Quickbooks setup and felt more comfortable with what they knew instead of starting from scratch.

Jaron from Utah Maids

I use QuickBooks Online for accounting for my small business

Saving time and money by not using spreadsheets or relying on an accountant to do everything for me. I studied accounting quite a bit in college, so I know the basics of ledgers, financial statements, etc, so I really do feel confident filing a lot of my reports on my own and using my skills i've learned to save me money.

Pros

I like how I can use it as the one place to go to find accounting info about my business. My cards are all linked, so I can just visit QBO to see transactions. I use it to run payroll and keep track of employee details for HR purposes. I like how I can use it to file my taxes 80% on my own, with only some assistance from a professional accountant. I can use QBO to run reports to get insights on my finances for budgeting and strategy. Expenses can be kept track of very easily.

Cons

QBO does occasionally have some bugs. I had a bug with connecting to my bank, and it resulted in me losing a lot of work. The search function in QBO at times can seem like a joke, and it does not live up to other insightful search functions in other software programs. Often times searching for something that I know is in QBO somewhere, pulls 0 results. Reconciling accounts can be a big pain, and it can be easy to let things get messy especially as it relates to payroll. You really need to make sure you're on top of payroll and understand every aspect of how paychecks are calculated. Moving transactions from one Chart of Accounts to another one is not as simple as it may seem. If, for example, I wanted to break down my "supplies" account into two more detailed accounts, it is not a simple process to mass select transactions and move to a new account.

Expensive but probably worth it

We complete our day to day bookkeeping and assets We also use the built in payroll feature

Pros

Always available from all device backups are a thing of the past support seems to be US based and is rather good

Cons

Like other vendors the move to cloud operations seems to be strictly for profits The price seems to creep up every year to 6 months leaving me worried for cost in the future

Ease of use

Jake from Accounting in Motion

Powerful for Cloud-Accounting

QBO has made some major advances in recent years/months due to the pressure of other cloud-based accounting suites trying to steal Intuit's market share, and these advances have benefited us as end-users. Though the interface and forms-based entry is a little different than the desktop software, the functionality in QBO is realistically quite similar to the Desktop version. I have not found many limitations to QBO that require any kind of work-arounds, but at the same time, I have had some trouble with software bugs and down-time. I don't think I've experienced as much as others I have heard from, but I have run across a few issues. In comparison to the desktop software, the bugs I've encountered in QBO are almost inconsequential. When you have a bug in the desktop software, it is usually a corrupt file or the loss of information, which I have never encountered with QBO. There are a couple bells/whistles that are missing from this, like the ability to print signatures on checks, but I usually recommend against that for safety reasons anyway. On the bright side, I have seen QBO respond to feedback and implement the changes they have heard from customers, so I know that they are continually improving. At this point, I think QBO still stands out above other cloud-accounting software for its power and ability to handle many industries.

Pros

Power & Functionality in the cloud world.

Cons

Pricing can be expensive over the life of a subscription.

Olivia from Construction Energy

Just what small businesses need!!!

I just love how easy everything is to do with this software and how considerate the creator of this tool is. I get work done much faster using this in comparison to my old method.

Pros

1.I love the fact that if you cancelled your account intentionally or by mistake all your data is kept safe for up to 12 months from the day of cancellation, however resubscribing within those 12 months reactivates your account. 2.The dashboard reminds you daily of your income and you previous month expenditures using a donut chart . The home dashboard screen also shows you how much money was earned over the last 30 days. I personally think this is an awesome feature especially if you are trying to reach higher sales targets in the upcoming months and lower your expenditures. 3.Creating new customers are effortless. 4.Adding new products and services and even removing them is just as easy as creating a new customer. 5.Easy to navigate through. 6.The fee Per month is affordable so that's another plus 7. Customer service are reliable and fast.

Cons

1. There are times when I would be working on some big estimates that took alot of time to put together and i would be logged out of my account while still working on it without auto saving my work then i had to start all over this can be frustrating.

David from Worldwide Dreams LLC

Excellent Software For Small and Medium Sized Businesses

Quickbooks Online offers more than just basic accounting functions. It gives you a good overall dashboard into the accounting and financial reporting of your company.

Pros

Quickbooks has an easy to use interface and it's quite user friendly. It's rich with features that include functions like invoicing, expense tracking, P&L Statements, inventory visibility, and bank reconciliation to help manage the accounting of any small to medium size business. It's very easy to export data to excel and other applications. You can also easily link your bank accounts and your company's credit card spending to your Quickbooks account too. One of the best benefits of Quickbooks Online is that it's cloud based so it's accessible 24/7 whereever you have an internet connection(which also makes using Quickbooks Online with mobile devices very easy too.)

Cons

Quickbooks Online is SAAS software so it's not hosted on your company's servers. So if your internet connection is down, you won't have access to Quickbooks Online at all. There are help tutorials to help you get started on Quickbooks Online but hands on customer service is not very good.

Brett from Wonderist Agency - Dental Marketing

Quickbooks Makes My Business Run Smooth

While I know a lot of people who use other ways to handle and manage accounting, I use and recommend Quickbooks for the simple fact that it integrates with nearly all banks and institutions, and I can send my QB information to my accountant anytime. I'll take peace of mind in exchange for an overwhelming amount of tools and extraneous features any day.

Pros

As a self-employed web developer, I need all the help I can get with accounting and managing expenses. I first started using Quickbooks Online in 2014, and have seen the product grow and improve significantly over the years. I use the software for invoicing, expenses, 1099 forms, and a few other features. It makes me worry less about accounting and taxes and focus more on what I do best: making the internet a better place, one website at a time.

Cons

For me, there's an overwhelming amount of features that I haven't even used yet, which can be a bit intimidating, especially for someone who runs his business in a very DIY manner. I've noticed the dashboards can be a bit cumbersome when it comes to generating reports and finding basic items for when I need to invoice my clients, but after some time I was able to get over it.

Justin from HOPE Chiropractic and Nutrition

Great for our small business

We access QuickBooks through our accountant who has a cloud setup for our business For our Macs, we have to use a separate application to run the program. I believe this is because of the nature of our accountants system. It is very easy to use, and actually makes me look forward to assessing our financials periodically (as opposed to before, when we monitored everything through excel workbooks!). It is easy to categorize all of our expenses and if I ever am unsure of where to log an expense there is an ask my accountant option. Overall, switching to QB has been an awesome decision for our business. Im sad we waited so long!

Pros

QuickBooks saves our business *days* (not just hours) of time per year in regards to our financial keeping. It is very quick to go through our monthly statements to double check our revenue and expenditures (roughly 5 minutes for a month). We pay our payroll by just clicking a few boxes. As a small business, time is a huge factor. My most favorite feature is the mileage tracker. I have used several mileage trackers/recorders, and QuickBooks is my favorite in terms of format and accuracy.

Cons

There are A LOT of features. For our small business, there is so much stuff in QB that we do not utilize and make sure it slightly confusing. However, once you learn what portions you need for your business and what you need, its very easy to navigate.

Marlene from Hartzler Pianos

Industry: Music

Accounting for the Rest of Us

We are a small business and this software helps us keep track of sales tax in multiple counties, payroll, shareholder distributions, state/federal taxes, and sales transactions.

Pros

This software was very easy to set up and use. As our business has grown, I have been able to use more of the functionality to pay taxes, run payroll, and more. I like that it syncs with our bank accounts and reconciling is simple. The reports are helpful and the software is intuitive.

Cons

Intuit tries to sell me other products like loans and help with payroll. The software is expensive and the price continues to rise.

Reasons for Choosing QuickBooks Online Advanced

More intuitive, easier statement reconciliations.

Taylor from Fast Home Buyer AZ

Way better than QuickBooks Desktop

QuickBooks is a necessity for any business. I haven't used anything that competes. The online version is way better than the desktop version.

Pros

I love that everything is in the cloud and can be accessed from anywhere. QuickBooks has created a user interface that is intuitive and easy to learn. You don't need to have an accounting degree to be a great bookkeeper because they make it easy.

Cons

Sometimes QuickBooks doesn't have flexibility with classifying balance sheet items and payments on receivables. This is nit-picky, but since we have rental properties in separate classes, it would be nice to be able to run a balance sheet by class and show the correct rents receivable balance. If I want to use the awesome invoicing feature (rent invoices sent to tenants and easily paid with a click of a button!), then the payments received will be classed differently than the receivable. Also, we a refund check comes in, I sometimes have to match a journal entry instead of entering a deposit because it doesn't work to certain accounts. (e.g. when we get a refund on utilities that is capitalized in our fix and flip projects).

zheng from KGBAL Manufacturing LLC

Industry: Logistics and Supply Chain

My experience with Quickbook products

when I start the business, people recommended QuickBooks to me, and I have been using it for almost 2 years. I must say I really like it. I currently use QB payroll and QB online, and it can help me to manage my business already, and it is easy to use. In QB payroll, we can direct deposit salary for each employee, also it can pay all the taxes automatically, generate report automatically, send reminder to me when I have to pay employee, and all the records are in QB, I say it saved me a lot of CPA money and saved a lot of trouble of calculation etc... In QB online, I use it set up the customer, tracking inventory quantity, manage profit, and loss, balance sheet, review business reports. I basically use it every single day. when I first get started, I do have questions, and QB customer service is always helpful. They are creditably friendly and helpful. I get a lot of training from them, it is such a good experience to talk to customer service team, and every time they know the answer to the question. I don't have to call help line too much anymore as I am getting used to the QB Overall, QB is a great software for start-up companies. It can save you a lot of time and money, and well manage the business

Pros

1. easy to use, pretty straight forward 2. The QB on-line version covers pretty much everything except the inventory control ( bin locations) 3. Linked with our bank, we can do reconcile easily at QB 4. QB payroll is easy to set up, once set up, just click buttons to get things done 5. Great customer service, I enjoyed every agent I speak with, and thanks for all their help

Cons

1. The iPhone APP seems not so strong, I can't check my inventory quantity, nor my cost. But sometimes when I am traveling, it is easier if I can get this info from my phone 2. There are some actions can't be undone, but it is understandable

The free ACH Payments are what made me make the move from QBSE to QBO

Love the automatic expense tracking, recurring invoices and free ACH payments. I've used multiple accounting softwares and QBO does an excellent job all around.

Pros

I started out using QBSE when I first started out as a part-time freelancer while still working as a W-2 employee. QBSE was great in the beginning for all the purposes I needed, business expenses, profit and loss, balance statement, mileage tracking, estimated quarterly taxes, etc. However, as my business grew, specifically with regard to managing my retainer clients, my priorities shifted to save time and energy sending the same monthly invoices over and over and to reduce the credit card processing fees received from my retainer clients. I was paying thousands of dollars per year in credit card processing fees. As a single-owner business, I knew that by saving money on fees there could be more money in my pocket. That was an incentive enough for me. Since QBSE didn't offer the ability to charge ACH payments, I decided to pay a little extra monthly for this feature as well as recurring payments. Let me tell you, it was well worth the initial expense. It did take a couple of months to transition all of my retainer clients to paying via ACH, and it could have been faster had I done it all at one time, but since I was learning something new myself I didn't want to rush it and screw it all up. I wanted to make things simple for my clients and not more complicated. It was well worth making the transition, and even though I now pay the higher fee for QBO than I did for QBSE, over time I am still be saving hundreds of dollars and recurring invoices are amazing!

Cons

I really liked some of the features offered in QBSE that support individuals like myself who are a single-member LLC, such as maximizing tax deductions with Schedule C categorization, calculating estimated quarterly taxes, and mileage tracking. I wish there was an upgraded version of QBSE that offered recurring expenses and ACH payments, as that is what I really needed at this stage of my business.

Khaled from ShopGo

Amazing experience

Pros

Easy access from any computer and I like the mobile app

Cons

I'd love if the "Combined reporting" feature is available

Reasons for Choosing QuickBooks Online Advanced

i used QuickBooks desktop, and the migration was much easier for me, and iv been using QuickBooks products for more than 7 years

Good Balance of Ease and Flexibility for Non-advanced Users

- Simple accounting for business owners who want to avoid hiring dedicating expensive accountants to manage their daily finances - Very easy to set up payroll - Simple and quick e-file for taxes

Pros

- As a single-member S-Corp consulting business, QuickBooks Online was more than enough for me to manage my own finances and payroll. It's extremely friendly for non-accountants. - At the end of the year, you will easily find many certified QuickBook accountants who can do your business taxes by simply inviting them to your account - Large community with many Q&A available in their public forums. If you run into unusual situations, the community will help you correctly record it in your account. They're friendly to beginners and those who are not familiar with tax laws. - Lastly, most impressive, when I decided to shutdown my business. QuickBooks Online had a feature to export all of your finances and records! Other competitors who I had tried in the past, had only "import" feature and then they lock you in by not allowing you to export or view your records unless you pay the monthly subscription fees. QuickBook has really impressed me with this ethical mindset.

Cons

- I was unhappy that they somewhat made it a hassle to reach support by making it available via phone only. With busy schedule, I appreciate writing my inquiries via email and forget about them to focus on my other tasks. QuickBooks Online forces you to call support by phone for inquiries - I believe their pricing needs to be updated with rise of competition, especially for payroll features.

Takes The Hard Work Out Of Accounting

Using QuickBooks allows me to fulfill the financial needs of our company independently.

Pros

QuickBooks offers several plans based on your financial needs and I consider it an ideal accounting software for small businesses but it also has the capacity to cover the needs for mid-sized businesses too. The interface seems user-friendly enough as I can view my expenses, invoices, sales, etc. all on my dashboard and everything else can be accessed from the sidebar or just clicking "see all activity" in the lower right hand corner of the page. All the customization options for invoices allows me to add a personal touch when sending them to clients and I can also choose to send reminders or make my invoices recurring as well. When lending money to clients, you always want to make sure that their contact information is up to date and the contact management system makes it easier for me to see all my clients' information in one place, especially if I need to get in touch with them or review their contracts. What really makes QuickBooks worth it, is the payroll which comes at an additional cost. Setting it up is extremely easy and you can also set reminders so your employees are paid on time.

Cons

Despite the detailed dashboard, there was a learning curve as some features were hard to access because they were tucked away in the settings.

Tracy from Canine Country Club Inc

Industry: Veterinary

Great for Small Business

As a non-accountant with no formal education in book keeping or payroll or anything related to that, quickbooks is easy to learn and manage. A general knowledge of terms and how things works is helpful, but it is really simple - especially with payroll and e-payment for taxes. So much simpler than keeping track of when everything is due manually.

Pros

Payroll. It is so simple. I have around 60 employees and entering their times and pressing "submit" is the easiest part of the payroll process. Especially with direct deposit. It's actually enjoyable! I would suggest an email feature when payroll is processed (the way Quickbooks Desktop does) - its nice to add comments to employees paystubs that way.

Cons

When I am processing my quarterly taxes, there is not 1 report that gets me all the employee information I need for our local taxes. I end up printing 2-3 different reports and have to reference all of them for each employee. The reports don't export very well to excel so it would be difficult to combine things that way too. They way it does is hard to find and sort information - should be in a chart layout instead.

Karla from Altitude Financial Services LLC

Much improved and the way of the future

I used to hate this but now we have nearly all of our clients on it. And I have come to like it, though it is different than QuickBooks Desktop.

Pros

Since QBO is cloud based and comes in 3 "flavors", it is a good solution for small businesses and allows for collaboration between the business and the accountant. It (if set up properly) flows the business data in the online tax solution for easy of tax prep. I like the QB Online Accountant features such as "Work" for communication with the client and other team members, though "Work" is not a complete practice management tool. They are continuously improving the product (no new software to buy and versions are not sunsetted), and there is lots of training available online and through webinars. There is security and there are lots of connected apps to meet needs of various businesses and industries.

Cons

If your internet is poor or you don't keep your browser clean you might not be able to work efficiently. There is no discount for annual payment so you are stuck with the monthly subscription for the level you choose. Since they update it frequently it can be a little disorienting when things change. Updates are not rolled out to everyone at the same time.

Vince from Swiftblue

This is THE standard! Easy and reliable.

Pros

Super easy and intuitive to use. The dashboard is great. It gives a nice overview of what's going on...income, expenses, aging invoices, etc. It's nice to get a snapshot of our accounts when I fist logon. I love the ability for our clients to pay directly from an emailed invoice...just click the pay now button and that's it. It helps speed up the payment process. I also really like the "send reminder" feature for invoices that are aging. Overall, this was a HUGE improvement to the desktop version of QB. And giving multiple team members access to the software has saved a TON of time, since they can help clients rather than having to forward to our payables person.

Cons

I don't like the way the auto credit card payment feature is set up. In QB desktop, you could create a recurring CC transaction, which would then be applied to the client's invoice. Not so with QB Online. The payment logs as a sales receipt, but there's not way to automatically apply it to that client's invoice.

Andrea from Jewelry & Timepiece Mechanix

Quickbooks Online Is Perfect for Small Businesses

Overall Quickbooks online is fantastic! Sometimes it's frustrating to not be able to find a good troubleshooting article about a specific task, because the Quickbooks Online Help Forum is not very well implemented and the answers are often confusing.

Pros

You NEVER have to install updates. Quickbooks online automatically updates to the latest version without you having to lift a finger.

Cons

Sometimes those updates change the interface so much you have to re-learn how to do something. You can't undo a reconciliation if you have an accountant attached.

Katie from Druid Chains

Good software, better for larger companies

While I was using QBO, I never stressed about accounting. I was confident that I was really capturing all expenses and that I had a good idea of bottom line numbers. It was easy to keep all of the money info in one place.

Pros

This software made it easy to capture expenses and give a good idea of cash flow. The integrations with banks and credit cards mean that you rarely have to worry about missing an expense. Auto-classification is extremely helpful, and overall cuts the amount of time managing your books down. Recent changes to price structures and features have been great, allowing you to tailor what you need.

Cons

The inventory system is clunky. It's clearly a software for accounting with inventory sort of tacked on. Cost of goods sold, when you're a small business maker, was hard to calculate. It really required an additional spreadsheet or two as well as other inventory tracking systems.

Reasons for Choosing QuickBooks Online Advanced

Online accessibility meant that I could access from anywhere, anytime, and I never had to worry about losing data. It was incredibly convenient to have such flexible access.

Sarah from Sarah Monfreda Accounting

Accountant w/ Multiple Clients using QB Online

This is great software for small to medium businesses. There is a learning curve if you are used to the desktop version, and if you are a person who uses desktop and does not upgrade it each year, online can be more costly. It does allow you to access it from anywhere, anytime and does alleviate some concerns about losing all of your business data from a computer crash or virus. Customer service is also top notch. I had an issue getting one of my clients signed up for the correct version of online QB, and then my computer died. It took me 2 days to get up and running again and the rep I was dealing with continued to call me to follow up and make sure I was able to resolve the issue for my client. This is one company where I think their customer service is extraordinary.

Pros

This software allows me as an accountant to offer on the spot assistance and answers to clients without requiring remote access or, a visit to their office. It has many of the same features as desktop Quickbooks at around the same cost.

Cons

It does not have job costing capabilities would be helpful although, there is a work around to accomplish this.

Jessica from FatCat Strategies

Helps run a business

I'm not a professional or trained accountant, so I do have to get help on some concepts that I don't understand. But I'm able to keep track of all of our expenses, do invoicing, run P&L reports, reconcile accounts, I'm able to do all the important stuff. And since so many other people/businesses use it, it's pretty easy to Google things when I have questions.

Pros

I like that I can access the information from anywhere, and not just from one computer. One of the features I use the most is copying transactions, it's kind of hidden under the "More" option, but it's super helpful when logging things repeatedly. Also the Recurring Transactions section is great, my business has a lot of online resources that we pay for each month or each quarter, and that section saves a lot of time. It's also great whenever get a new credit card, b/c essentially a list of most of the places our credit card info is on file, so we know where to go to change the info.

Cons

I usually find it pretty annoying that I can't open transactions up in multiple tabs, since the transactions will only pull up in the current tab. I guess I get why, you don't want to make a mistake or double log something b/c you lose track of tabs. But I still get annoyed with it. And I'm not a professional accountant, but I here some of the more complex features of QuickBooks aren't on the online version.

Alyssa from Hotopp Associates

Must Have Product

Every time I've needed help or had a question, I've been able to easily find the answer through their support area or one of their agents. I've never had a long wait time like with other sites. It is really well organized and easy to navigate. QB has so much to offer in its functionality, we're still finding new things we can use.

Pros

QuickBooks is one of the easiest programs to use. The customer service is great and very responsive, expenses are easily trackable. You have the ability to edit and make changes if things need fixed. Some programs won't allow this which can be problematic, but QuickBooks does it all. The search option is one of my favorite things, sometimes you don't have all the information, so this helps you piece it together much faster.

Cons

I really don't have any complaints about the software. We sometimes have issues with some expenses not importing into our other program we use, but I have a feeling that this is the other program's issues, not necessarily QuickBooks.

Even with 2 rounds of training, not the best software for a soloprenuer

Probably an excellent tool for accountants, but not the right platform for the creative solo-entrepreneur.

Pros

It's made invoicing a breezenow, instead of creating an invoice in a design program and attaching it to an email, I can send clients a more professional digital invoice. I can see which invoices are out, and even set up recurring ones. My banking is automatically transferred into the program, and I can see at a glance what my earnings and spendings are for the year. It will help me put together my taxes more quickly and easily, too.

Cons

My #1 gripe is that the program is glitchy and buggy too often. My #2 gripe is that I did a round of 1:1 training on Quickbooks to get up to speed, still wasn't proficient, took another round, and still feel shaky on using it. At the end of the day, it's a tool for ACCOUNTANTS. Even after nearly 10 one-on-one sessions with a great trainer, the program is hard for someone like me (creative field) to use. If I mess anything up, I don't really understand how to fix it, and have to pay an accountant to take a look. I do wish someone would create a "bookkeeping for creative types" software insteadthis is way more than I need in some areas, yet not enough in others. For instance, I can't do progress billing, which would be really helpful. But I can probably do some advanced accounting that I don't even understand how to use. Overall, my gripes are that of probably not choosing the best software for my neds.

Michelle from BA Harris

Online QB

Great once you learn the difference between online and desktop

Pros

I love that this is a cloud based program. As a bookkeeper, I can work real time with my client within minutes instead of sending files back and forth

Cons

I find that the desktop version of QB is easier to use because actions in the menu are much easier to find. I feel like the function as far as fast efficiency is better on desktop.

Reasons for Choosing QuickBooks Online Advanced

when dealing with clients who utilize the product, easier access.

Displaying 1 - 50 of 2,594 reviews