• Pros

• "Revit has a great user interface and it is easy to find things. "

• "I love this "Render in cloud " Tool of this software."

• "I love that unlike other drafting tools Revit creates geometry that is equipped with real-life information."

• Cons

• "This software is good to use however required some training to gain a full understanding of all its capabilities."

• "This software is expensive but can be used by more people if it sells for less."

• "The price is fairly prohibitive if you were a single person, but for large companies, it isn't a big ask. "

Browse Revit Reviews

Amjad from Gulftainer

Industry: Maritime

Future is here

BIM will certainly change the construction industry in ways we cannot fully appreciate yet. Revit is of the best solutions that are pushing this revolution forward.

Pros

- Game-changing and full-featured building BIM design software (Building Information Modeling) - Simplified the design process beyond belief from the days of AutoCAD - Quantity take-offs are now byproducts of the building model, not a separate business process. - With BIM (Not only Revit) the plans, sections and quantity take-offs are all dynamically related. Any change to one of them is immediately reflected on the others - Works well for Architectural, Structural, HVAC, and MEP modeling. - Easy to use yet very capable. - Seamless integration with other Autodesk solutions (NavisWorsk, Robot .. etc.) - Plenty of training resources online.

Cons

- The price is too steep for companies in developing countries especially since it uses an annual subscription for each user.

The key to get into 3D modeling era.

Overall I hightly recommend to purchase revit if u are in construction business. This software is cost effective and less time consuming interms of creating 3d models. This is a visually appealing software to work with.

Pros

My construction firm uses revit as a standard software for 3d modeling and interior designing for more than 2 years. Our company strongly believe in keeping up with the latest technology as a strategy to stay solid in this competitive business. For that revit itself has evolved alot during this two years. I feel rivit is a must know software for any architect, civil engineer or an interior designer. The best part using revit is u can give attention to each and every element individually with more care which will make a huge difference inthe final output. The inbuilt library feature is large and requires some time to master in it.this product can be integrated with Autodesk recap,3D max,sketchup,Autodesk cloud..etc. from the root level of a design to validating a design revit can be used without a question with industry standards.above all revit not only satisfies the user but also the client .

Cons

Honestly revit has nothing much to worry as a basic 3d modeling software,but it of course requires some time to master but at the end of the day its worthy. And also it demands a computer with high functioning capability. And also I have noticed that we can not input any pdf formets into it. And there is no reterograde compatibility since the older version had no cloud feature. As my last point revit predominantly focuses on structural elements only I wish if this improves further to help the designers as well.

Reasons for Choosing Revit

We chose revit because of its advancements and the ability to give special attention to individual elements of a design model. And also it has good reviews from the users compared to other softwares that we encountered.

Kelsey from Gensler

Revit - The Go-To Documentation Software

Overall I think it's a great software. You just absolutely must have training in order to use it properly and most effectively.

Pros

Revit is an excellent software for basic modeling and documentation for projects. There are tons of resources online from libraries of families to forums with questions and answers to common problems. The ability to collaborate between workshared models is also extremely helpful. Overall, this is the industry leader in documentation software for construction documents.

Cons

I think there are definitely some bugs that need to be worked out and some aspects of the software that are rather clunky. Sometimes it feels as if Revit makes something that should be so simple, so complicated so you resort to a simpler software instead - like AutoCAD or SketchUp. I also think their error messages are not detailed enough. It makes it hard for you to know what the actual issue is, just that something went wrong, or something was deleted for no reason.

Too restrictive for real Architecture Design

Disappointing

Pros

Has live sections and elevations and good MEP tools for

Cons

Is too restrictive for design, the software is cumbersome, for an architect is too complicaded to generate soft forms and the resulting 2D plans are horrible, you need to fix/correct almost all the drawings in AutoCAD so the graphics are somewhat presentable, the error messages are way to criptic, expensive and Autodesk forces you to upgrade every year.

angel from aeschbachhalle6

Industry: Architecture & Planning

Complete software but at the same time sometimes too generic.

I work with Revit since several years as an architect.

Pros

The most interesting thing of Revit is that it embraces the overall process of a architectural project, being useful for plenty of different tasks.

Cons

Nevertheless this is its biggest problem: it is sometimes too generic and lack of some features, also is so "big" that it is difficult to learn.

paola from 4RMULA

Industry: Architecture & Planning

Great software for great ideas

Revit speed the drawing process to an 80%. I will recommend to use Revit to architectural and engineering firms.

Pros

This software is easy to use, specially if you come from the AutoCAD background. I like the fact that I am working tri-dimensionally and see esthetics of my projects almost immediately. Also, Revit has a huge library with parametric components that I can access. Another cool thing is that Revit can be use to measure the environmental impact of my models if my clients are interested.

Cons

In order to create nice quality renderings, I need to use other software (s) in combination with Revit because using Revit by itself will give me clunky images with a "computer" look, that as an project manager, I don't think my clients will enjoy.

Abdelrahman from Freelancer

Revit Pros and Cons

Excellent Software.

Pros

I prefer Revit over all architectural softwares. It gives me the ability to do all my architecture and construction work the same file. Never crashes and has a good development. Can handle a very big projects. Easy to learn the basics, but to be advanced with Revit It may take months. The most thing that I like about Revit that usually understands the work you're doing and saves your time.

Cons

Sometimes it takes so much time to learn a tool, It lacks many features with curved and convex buildings. You may get so many errors while working on Revit due to you have to you have to focus on tiny lines.

Peter from OCSC

Smart and greatly helpful

Overall my experience has been great, it has assisted my designs and allowed me to achieve greater more consistent throughout

Pros

I like the intelligence that can be taken advantage of. The amount of accurate information that can be created in a short amount of time is a big positive

Cons

I don't like the inability to manipulate the embedded pipe and duct sizing. It also takes a few years of constant use to become really proficient in its use

Shehan from Sanken construction(pvt)Ltd

Industry: Civil Engineering

"Revit-a great software solution for architectural design"

Overall, Revit has boosted productivity in my design work since they are drawn in both 2D and 3D. Therefore, I would recommend Revit to any architectural or engineering design firm.

Pros

Revit is no doubt the best software out there for architectural design according to my experience.In comparison with Autocad ,Revit is much more user friendly and equipped with more features.Lets not forget that using Revit 2D and 3D drawings can be generated ,simultaneously unlike in Autocad.

Cons

I am yet to experience a considerable negativity in this software apart from requiring a little bit steeper learning curve .

Gleison from Design

Revit - Excellent for anyone working with creating 2D, 3D and BIM projects

Pros

Revit is great because I create architectural designs with an above average productivity because it already offers otmizadas and use tools

Cons

The only thing that bothers me is when plotting, my project lines get thick.

Matthew from YHR Partners

Far Exceeds abilities of CAD related design software

I use Revit on a daily basis to develop architectural projects, and use it to coordinate design ideas on a regular basis with engineering consultants.

Pros

The coordination of all aspects of a building through all the different sheets. Change something in one view and it seamlessly gets updated on all other related sheets in the project.

Cons

Every now and then I come across a tool that I wish had the ability to do something extra. Hopefully in future releases these functions will be includes.

Anthony from Kitchenetal

Best Architectural Software!

Overall, since we have been using Revit for our designs and drafting, we have been able to identify errors in our design using the clash detection abilities. Since designs are in drawn in both 3D and 2D, this has greatly increased our production time and most effectively present the actual 3D designs to our client at the same time. We have also been able share projects among other Professionals in the industry.

Pros

Revit is no doubt the best software out there in Terms of BIM (Building information Modeling)! No Architect should use anything less! With Revit one can build free forms easily, manage the building Information, and easily share projects. Its very easy to import other CAD files and manage them effectively. Another thing this software has been able to do is incorporate other Add-on tools like Enscape, Avail Browswer, e.t.c. for maximum efficiency. lest I forget, This software creates both the 2D and 3D simultaneously!

Cons

Hmmm.... this can be a little difficult, but one major thing I wish AutoDesk would do is make framing of Walls and Floors easier than it is right now.

Brian from JFAI

Excellent 3D / BIM software

Revit software has greatly improved a number of important areas: 1) much easier and faster 3D preparation and presentation, and 2) great improvement in technical drawing speed.

Pros

Revit is structured to create buildings and structures immediately in 3D. It is ready to go "out of the box" with a great variety of built in components (walls, floors, roofs, stairs and more). The model can be viewed in 2d (plan, elevation, and section) at the same time as in 3D. Compared to other similar products, Revit has a very high level of accuracy. Revit models can be exported to a wide variety of other disciplines. Revit has excellent 3d shading and realistic modes. It also has a strong rendering engine. Great outside sources of additional building components are available.

Cons

Revit models can become quite large. Obtain a copy of file transfer software (many are available free online) to send and receive Revit models.

Annya from CallisonRTKL

Industry: Architecture & Planning

Great software for architecture, design and engineering

My overall experience with Revit is very positive. This has sped up the design and documentation process at work. The software, although it's not the most intuitive to use, once it's learned, it's easy to use

Pros

The software has a lot of capabilities. The amount of things it can do are incredible. For a designer like myself, it makes the design process much easier than having to use multiple software. I can design the space, build a model and render all in one. It also helps tremendously when it comes to construction documents, as it is much easier to create and edit those in the same file. This program is also great because multiple people can collaborate in one model at the same time

Cons

Because how much this program does and helps, sometimes there are too many ways to edit things. This is not usually an issue when one person is working on a model, but when many people work in the same file, it can be confusing

Very good architectural BIM software

Pros

One of the best features on Revit, because it is a BIM software, everything you work is created on several planes, on floor plans, elevations, section cuts and 3D model. As you progress, you feed the project with premade infomation about materials, thermal resistance, finishing layer and other stuffs, wich is premade (already within the software) or it can be dowloaded and also created by yourself. Revit has a very large library avaible within but there are a lot of elements avaible to dowload on internet. The best plus is once you have gone through your project, is that withe the parameters you fed, you can easily create charts of materials and elements quantities, helping with later stages of the project (like construction quotes).

Cons

As autocad, the learning curve is extensive, you have to dedicate several hours to get acquainted, most importantly getting and creating libraries for everything, furniture, texts, symbols, materials...., but once you get what you use the most, everything goes more swiftly.

Haley from ADE

Industry: Architecture & Planning

Revit is what more and more companies are switching to and it makes sense

Overall I think Revit is a great tool and I highly recommend it. I think it is also great for older generations who have been working with AutoCAD for 20+ years. It forces them to have to stay on their toes and to learn how to adapt to new technology in engineering and design, which I think it a great thing. It lowers the threshold for entry into various positions with a company and gives access to people so they don't have to compete with someone simply because they haven't had the chance to do AutoCAD forever.

Pros

I think Revit is incredible and I cannot recommend it enough. Its ease of use and versatility makes it a great BIM software for many engineering and architecture companies. Unlike AutoCAD, I think Revit is easier to understand, to navigate, and to adopt. If you are coming from doing AutoCAD for 30 years, it may not be intuitive initially, but people grow to love it and eventually prefer it to AutoCAD.

Cons

While I have not experienced this issue, many people I know who switch from AutoCAD to Revit say that it's not as intuitive, however, I have found it to be entirely intuitive. I think the main reason people feel that way is because they can't type shortcuts like you can for CAD. People who have done CAD for years can get sloppy and there are many ways to do many different things, you have to really know what you're doing and precision is key with Revit. I personally don't mind this, but some people do.

The way of the future! Get on board now!

My business gave me no formal training in Revit right away. However I offered to learn the program in my free time, and found it very easy to pick up on. Within a couple weeks, I could operate just about any single command and could complete all the necessary functions for my business. Is very intuitive and easy to use, although sometimes there are just glitches that you were going to find in any other modeling program. Overall rabbit is a more versatile, and diverse program that will be useful for many fields. I would be surprised if My business gave me no formal training in Revit right away. However I offered to learn the program in my free time, and found it very easy to pick up on. Within a couple weeks, I could operate just about any single command and could complete all the necessary functions for my business. Is very intuitive and easy to use, although sometimes there are just glitches that you were going to find in any other modeling program. Overall Revit is a more versatile, and diverse program that will be useful for many fields. I would be surprised if this didn’t end up being an industry standard in future years.

Pros

One of the most intuitive solid modeling programs. Can be used for a versatile field. It is useful in floorplan designing, 3-D modeling, and everything in between. It seems like the industries are turning towards Revit more and more.

Cons

It is still missing some functions that other programs have had forever. Such as a trim function, or a grouping function. Although it has other commands that help make up for this. It can definitely glitch out quite a bit, and sometimes it only allows you to do certain tasks in sketch view even when they should be available in solid view.

Justin from Engineered Design Group

BIM Manager Review

For myself it has just been training others and helping them and picking up the slack where they aren't comfortable or able to do the work due to still learning. Our first project is a 10-story apartment complex.

Pros

I am the BIM Manager for my firm that recently started using Revit/BIM. I love working in 3D and in the BIM software. I setup templates and help train others.

Cons

My only con at this time is the development of more MEP families of all types with the proper connections. I know the development of families from manufacturers and Autodesk has grown since I last used it. I would like to see more and have them be easy to find whether it be on the Autodesk site or a 3rd party add-on. Right now I use 3 different add-ons as well as going to the individual manufacturer's website and the Autodesk site.

Jennifer from Architect

Industry: Architecture & Planning

The new way of doing architecture

Revit has changed the way I design, updating my plans while I focus on modeling.

Pros

Revit is simply superior to all other software on the market, with its nature BIM is the present of architecture.

Cons

I would like Revit to be more intuitive and certain functions to be less complex.

Because it's BIM.

Zahra from Ewingcole

Industry: Architecture & Planning

Revit is a great multi-dimensional software for architectural projects

Overall, I love using Revit. It supports work-sharing and inter-disciplinary collaboration. This platform enables simultaneous work on a design file which improves efficiency and redundant work.

Pros

This software provides multi-dimensional layers to an architectural projects, enabling collaboration between structural, lighting, and mechanical engineering and architects. Design challenges, alternative options, and different phases can be created through options, worksets, or links. Revit schedules area great way for data management and coordination.

Cons

Exporting the revit file into CAD is not entirely 2D. It may needs some improvement in terms of export properties. Sometimes syncing is an issue when multiple people are trying to save at the same time.

Tobi from HOS Consult Limited

To go to plug for construction designs.

I use Revit personally for my day to day work activities and it is an innovation that is very relevant to the AEC industry. It has been awesome.

Pros

Revit is a software that solves the problem of herculean creation of architecture and engineering drawings in 2D. With revit designers can create 3D intelligent models that accurately projects the visual and functional properties of a building/facility. There are tons of educative materials and support documents that can help a user become adept with the software.

Cons

The pricing is a little expensive, especially for small firms or lone design practitioners. Also System requirements will need purchase of high end computer device, to use at maximum capacity seamlessly.

Revit - Essential for Architectural Practice

Revit offers a great opportunity for design, but it can limit those who don't have the skills necessary to manipulate the tools and parameters. In that way it can be intimidating. However, it offers great software to draw, design, and prepare documents.

Pros

Every component is customization and able to be manipulated, once you know how to use families/types/rules. Easy to use and pairs nicely with 3D rendering tools such as Enscape. Worksharing is simple with a shared network or Revit cloud feaures.

Cons

There is a learning curve to mastering Revit. Because of the way certain things can be linked, such as type parameters in families, it is easy to see mistakes made in Revit have a domino effect and cause problems down the road.

CHRISTOPHER from Sasaki

Revit is a no-brainer

Couldn't imagine documenting buildings any other way. Robust capabilities, good support. It's become an industry standard.

Pros

Hands down, one of the better design documentation software's on the market. Having experienced both CAD and BIM delivery, Revit has saved thousands of hours from traditional drafting. Now with inclusion of Dynamo, model interoperability is seamless and bi-directional, making Revit a much more functional tool for those who may still want to design in Rhino, SketchUp, etc.

Cons

Revit was concieved as a documentation and model management tool. It does not have the same geometry modeling capabilities and user-friendliness as other 3D modeling platforms.

Michael from Kleinfelder

Revit - Workflow Powerhouse

Revit has the benefit of allowing multiple users access the model at once. Although it does require a some frontloaded hours to set up the model, it will make up that time and more at the end of the project.

Pros

Revit allows you to draw in 3 dimensions creating plans, sections, elevations, and 3D all at once.

Cons

Revit while being one of the most powerful production software, it does have quite a learning curve. This can lead to major issues if a user does not fully understand the workflow.

Revit

Pros

There's no question why this is industry standard construction software. Revit is powerful enough to create highly detailed record as-built models, while at the same time being clean and elegant enough for new users to pick up quickly. I switched over my office to use Revit for Qty. takeoffs instead of OST. By the end of the process, we put in the same amount of work but get much more of a work product by having the 3D model.

Marcus from Corgan

Industry: Architecture & Planning

Revit, the future is now

With Revit, we are visualizing the construction of a digitally project in 4D, 3D models with time, phasing. We can pick up potential problem and issue in the design phases rather than during construction. Properly documented Revit models can avoid potential on-site changes and possible reduction in construction time and cost.

Pros

most versatile across multi discipline time/cost saving object/3d model orientated rather than linework/linetype based ease of design/construction management model in 4 dimensions, 3d objects with phasing (time)

Cons

huge learning curve cost of creating and managing company digital asset

Another amazing design tool from autodesk.

Overall this is a very useful software in architecture and structural design firm. I hope to see further developments.

Pros

Revit is a design product from autodesk since our company utilize multiple products from autodesk its easy to incorporate revit with the other softwareslike autocad. Apart from your inputs revit has multiple in built elements which can be incorporated into your project. It enables multiple users to work on the same project. It may be a little confusing at the beginning but once you learn how to use it then it will become a wonderful experience to work with.

Cons

There are only few drawbacks regarding revit. It takes a lot of time to understand this software this will be very challenging to the beginners. There are only few layers when compared to autocad. And also this software is not eye friendly to work with. Somehow it makes my eyes to get tiered while working with it.

Reasons for Choosing Revit

Since our company runs many autodesk products we thought it will be easy to work with revit. Thats why we purchased mainly this product

Chris from SD|DesignStudio

Excellent Use!

Great product! Tough to start working with but gets easier quickly. GREAT TIME SAVER!

Pros

My first instinct always when selling someone on Revit is the efficiency aspect. Revit is great for drawing one object and it's instantly use-able in another application. A floorplan automatically becomes a section, detail, etc. as long as you know what you're doing - it's a HUGE time saver!

Cons

The learning curve is steep at the beginning, switching from a 2D (driven) program such as CAD or ArchiCAD which can make it intimidating to start or transition into.

Jashwanth from The Rba Group

Revit the best of BIM

I have been creating numerous dynamo graphs and python codes to automate many mundane tasks that the people in the office spend hours doing.(which is now minutes)

Pros

The best feature is that it is the customization i.e., now that the API is open to users we are able to automate many mundane tasks that would usually take days.

Cons

The software requires a certain level of practice to be used in the right way i.e., not anyone is able to use the software to make drawings off the bat but requires a level of training to get things right or the model could have many errors.

gladys from Freelance

Industry: Architecture & Planning

Perfect for architects and engineers

Pros

Drawing in 2d and at the same time in 3d, you get the whole product in one, with real materials, real quantifications to create a budget since the very beginning of the design. Structural, architectural, lighting, HVAC tools, and much more! As an architect I use this software daily, it´s easy and has all you need to work on a project.

Cons

You need a good computer for this software.

Reasons for Choosing Revit

2d and 3d in one! Plus material quantifications and to be able to add real materials in the software.

BIM made me do it

Pros

Autodesk makes the transition between all their apps familiar and not overwhelmingly difficult to navigate through their ribbon tool bars and navigation tools. Revit is no different. When I first began my journey in to the fast paced world of MEP coordination making the jump from AutoCad to Revit wasn't as terrifying as it could have been.

Cons

Minimum system requirements aren't enough to keep up with a coordination model that has many other trade models linked in. 3D CAD models do not display properly.

Perry from Panda Technology Group, Inc.

Great software

we love the program. it is fully functional and helps us look like a large firm instead of a mom and pop operation.

Pros

this is very complete and thorough software, it has everything we need to design and print the blueprints for any projects we do. we are able to collaborate with others using revit and our clients love the results.

Cons

pretty complex. this is not something you buy off the shelf and use, it takes a lot of training and use to fully utilize it. also there are a ton of addins and extras which is good, but very confusing

Best and easy way to make a BIM model.

Through revit the modeling of different trades is very easy and fast. So at the time of submission which comes at any time from client, Revit is so much useful software for modeling and export in other file formats.

Pros

The tools used in the interface of Revit is very user friendly for BIM users. Like Modeling of Hvac, Plumbing, electrical and making of their families is very easy in this software. For the new users in BIM Industry one should start with revit software.

Cons

There are not very much problems in Revit software but through use of this software complete precise modeling is not make like the slope of Gravity pipes is not maintained accurately that you want or asper client specifications.

Dennis from Jaros Baum & Bolles LLP

Revit User Review

Love and hate relationship. While Revit is great for how it looks and holds information, it is clunky and slow many times. Inefficient in what needs to be done to complete our jobs.

Pros

The ease of sharing information with other people inside and outside of my organization. It’s easy to have multiple people working on it and continue to collaborate and share information.

Cons

The sluggish processing and drafting time when modeling elements. There are many times where a simple task becomes fixing Revit issues more than drafting. Family parameters should be more accessible for customization by the user. Also the setup process at start of a project is a long process that’s not easily streamlined. Architectural models are not always consistent, and there are no tools that can format any architectural file into a template for our use.

Autodesk Revit: Essential for architects

Pros

It is pretty much AutoCAD geared specifically towards architecture and construction. I find it much more intuitive than AutoCAD, and it is parametric, making it simple to change your floor plan and drawings.

Cons

The default libraries can be a bit outdated. And while the cloud rendering has drastically improved the rendering capabilities of Revit, you may still need programs such as 3DSMax to create truly realistic renderings.

KEVIN from H Y construction

Industry: Civil Engineering

A phenomenal Design Software

After doing years of drafting with AutoCAD, I discovered Revit and it has never been the same again me. I have been more efficient, reliable and authentic with my designs.

Pros

When it comes to 3D modelling, Revit stands out to be the best in my opinion. I like the fact that it has structural, mechanical and architectural interfaces with the three segments containing various design components under families. Revit makes 3D modelling very easy and fast because changes on one segment are communicated automatically to other segments . As we all know time is money and therefore this saves a lot of the time and money.

Cons

As good as Revit is, it has the disadvantage of lacking popularity due to its relative newness in the market. This is challenge because a new software has few tutors and expert and thus it takes enormous time and effort to learn and master it. Revit is also restricted to buildings and cannot do designs for roads and cars for example.

Autodesk Revit

Pros

This software quickly adds BIM capabilities to any architect’s workflow. Not only does it allow users to quickly produce accurate construction documents, but you can also colaborate with colleagues on the same model and even share it directly with owners and contractors.

Cons

The software is rather cumbersome and takes years to master. After 6+ years using the program I still find new tips and tricks.

leopoldo from Dantalab

Industry: Animation

The best Architectural 3d modelling tool

Pros

For me this is the best Architectural modelling tool, is fully compatible with the Autodesk suite, and many other softwares aswell. Perfect for creating BIM content, creating blueprints, schedule quantities, etc...

Cons

It comes with a basic rendering engine, but this software is not made to be a rendering tool, you can use different softwares or install the Vray for Revit and get the problem easy fixed

Logan from Harris

Revit is Powerful but Slow

Pros

Revit has a great user interface and it is easy to find things.

Cons

I typically work on large files, these files get so bogged down with all the information Revit generates. I would like a better way to purge unneeded information or a way to generate less information to shrink file size. I would also like more customization within the user interface and more specifically with annotations.

Taras from Ruzika

Scheduling

It's a slow learner. It is very efficient once you develope a library of parts and pieces . But the you eat up time trying to fix models and build custom models. So it is a give and take but as a tool, its on par with cad. Bim360 is a mess through and a moneygrab.

Pros

Automatic pickups of changes done in plans sections schedules etc.. once you do a change it is smart so it picks up the changes throughout your entire model so you save time here in pickups

Cons

It's text editing is awful! Can't integrate Excel data well, text blocks don't support carriage returns, well they will work but the line is a single cell line so you never see full text formating in schedules. And for a BIM program that Relies on schedules, that makes it hard to data input

ana marcela from ITESM

REVIT IS THE FUTURE

In order to get a whole building project executed in quick timing and algo 3d models, i would absolutely use revit, since the lumion ad in is quite excellent.

Pros

What i liked the most, is the quickness of 2d drawing and 3d modeling, since it gives you a clearer image of the building itself.

Cons

I find it quite octogonal, and for some reason , i dont like the plot styles, i think there are another softwares way more easy to costumize.

Evgenia from NORR Architects and Limited

Industry: Architecture & Planning

Excellent building information modelling software

Our company has used Revit for years and it's an excellent drafting software that makes it easy for us to share our designs both internally and externally with our clients.

Pros

Cons

The learning curve is a bit steep and some team collaboration tools don't always work the way they supposed to.

Michelle from Belfay

The software that the industry is using

We are using this software in the engineering world and this is what everyone is using

Pros

works well with the other programs we have in the engineering industry, it is a must have with what everyone else is using - to be compatible with others

Cons

You know the saying... you get what you pay for? Well, this software is expensive because it is top of the line for the industry

GULTASAB from El Seif Engineering and Contracting

Revolution in Engineering Field

Big organization must try this software if they want to reduce the human efforts and replace with technology.

Pros

Solution starting from design face to quantity take. This software reducing the human efforts and giving best results if it's being used effectively and properly. A best piece of work by Autodesk.

Cons

It requires special training as it's hard to operate without training.

William from Arden Engineering Constructors, LLC

Autodesk Revit

We are a Design/Build MEP/FP firm. We use Revit to model Architectural, Structural building elements from our Laser Scans as well as our Ductwork and Piping.

Pros

It is a true 3D modeling software with almost full support of equipment and building component manufacturers supplying Revit families for designers.

Cons

Training new hires who are not familiar with the software

More intuitive than other BIM platforms

Pros

I think the features are just limitless to be honest, there is so much you can do with Revit! It's super smart and makes modeling a breeze once you get a hang of it.

Cons

The graphics can be improved a little, I mean default line weights, symbols and such. It's all a little chunky in appearance and can be more elegant.

Conrad from Chenevert Architects

The tool for BIM

Revit is a great software/tool to use to help present to the client their project in 3D

Pros

Ability to design, create, and organize space in 3D as well as 2D. And the ability to collaborate between consultants on one platform

Cons

There’s a learning curve for old generations to learn the software when coming from none BIM software.

Bishoy from Cosgroves

Revit Review

Pros

3D viewing, coordination of services, simple enough to use.

Bhavik from Hathaway Dinwiddie

Easy to use and Efficient

Overall experience is positive, but they still need to work on enhancing synchronization techniques.

Pros

This software is easy to use and learn. Wide range of usage of this product in fields of Pre-construction, co-ordination and facility management.

Cons

Revit can be tricky to use with large models and multiple people.

Allan from Swallow Acoustic Consultants Ltd

Great for Visualizing Architecture and MEP Routing

It's very useful software allowing all disciplines to collaborate, and is a great tool for visualizing architecture in 3D

Pros

The option to walk through a space is more effective than trying to visualize a room's geometry from 2D floorplans and building sections. The option of taking a section through any part of a building can also help investigate awkward geometries and investigate interferences

Cons

It's very complex software, which could be taken as an indication of it's power. I had some frustration when the option to take a section was unavailable and i couldn't determine why. As with all software, if incorrect information is input into a model, incorrect information will come out, so if there are many people working on one model, there is a risk of outdated or contradictory information.