All Revit Reviews

Reviewed September 2021

Revit User Review

Christopher

Reviewed July 2023

Efficient and reliable software as an Architect.

A solid contender to other Architecture software. Well built up software!

PROS

Its features and solid layout. It shows that a lot of attention has been given to the development of the software.

CONS

It could be improved upon in the early sketch phase. Its complexity and feature sets also makes it less unobtrusive of the early design stages.

Reasons for switching to Revit

Due to collaboration purposes. Easy synchronization across professional fields.

Reviewed January 2022

Revit review

My experience has been very good, it is a modern BIM authoring software and deploying this across our organization has been reasonably easy with training. Once users start using it they do not want to go back to 2D ways of working.

PROS

This BIM authoring software works very well against modern AEC information production and management. The software benefits from many plugins and integrations to help with this as well. Dynamo integration is very helpful to automate and speed up information production and management.

CONS

Very expensive and the subscription model means that each year prices increase by around 5%. Autodesk has also been criticized for not developing the software adequately, especially in light of the price increases. Once you are in the software it is hard to move away.

Reason for choosing Revit

Integration across consultants, experience in house and long term planning

Reasons for switching to Revit

Vectorworks was not a good enough tool for complex BIM Authoring.

Brian

Architecture & Planning, 201-500 employees

Reviewed July 2020

Hard to use electrically

Overall Revit is a great program that is an essential tool in the MEP industry. Any time I start a new project I hope that the arch is using Revit over autocad

PROS

Overall revit has alot of good features for integrating engineering systems with a project. having families link between arch/mech/plbg/fp/elec models and have parameters that interact with each other helps to maintain consistent coordination.

CONS

Electrically revit seems to lag behind quite a bit. Lighting design is still quite difficult to implement in a model. Quite frequently electrically you have to work against revit to get the proper info to show up which can be frustrating. i hope new systems to help display lighting controls are implemented.

Mateusz

Architecture & Planning, 11-50 employees

Reviewed October 2023

Rating Revit from a customer eye

PROS

Everything! This is the best software to make project quick and precise.

CONS

There is one thing that I really hate about Revit. No ability to sum rooms with the same occupancy.

Mohammed

Commercial Real Estate, 51-200 employees

Reviewed May 2023

The best Bim Tool

The Revit is the best software for the floor plans, architectural and structural drawings.

PROS

Revit has the best Bim tool , it has the option to customize the parameters and the visual coding using the Dynamo

CONS

The Price of this software is too costly compared to other BIM software, and also we have to use other plugins to get the good renders.

Reasons for switching to Revit

This software has atomized the major of works

JAZE

Used monthly for less than 2 years

Reviewed August 2021

Forever Revit

This was the most fun, it was very enjoyable and I remember asking myself why I didn't just trust my inner hunch and learn how to use this software earlier on in my life? Oh well... better late than never right...lol.

PROS

Right away I saw that this tool was more purpose-based than all the other tools I've used before which were more broad-based, so I was really happy with that. Another thing I noticed was that Revit mimics real life building elements in a smart, geometric way, it does automatic calculations and schedules plus it reduces the possibility of creating human errors. Multiple users can use the same file at the same time. This software is just simply GOLDEN!!

CONS

I did feel at first like I bit off way more than I could chew on but as the weeks progressed, I couldn't wait to dive in and learn something new about it because when it started to gradually make sense to me, there was no looking back after that. Revit was all I needed from then onwards.

Reason for choosing Revit

Revit was always the end-goal for me. I needed to familiarize myself with a more broad-based software that would teach me the jargon and technical requirements needed to use it with confidence.

Reasons for switching to Revit

I had become fluent in AutoCAD and needed a new challenge, this is why I made the switch and I'm so glad that I did.

Tichaona Redemptor

Design, 1 employee

Reviewed March 2022

The best 3D modelling software available

Simply amazing.

PROS

It’s it just awesome to use and see results very fast.

CONS

None but just it’s a little pricey but I agree it’s worth of its value.

Reason for choosing Revit

It was the only option that was easy to use.

Reasons for switching to Revit

The only option that was easy to use.

christopher

Used monthly for less than 2 years

Reviewed June 2023

Revit for Structural Steel design

Overall, the use of Revit has been a very valuable and useful tool to the organization. We have been have able to visualize and model products for take-offs and quotes effectively.

PROS

the ability to create our own families for our products and quickly produce drawings parametrically.Implementing has been a pretty easy process. But like a set of legos with many ways to assembly. We are always striving to best develop the best process and practices for long term use.

CONS

We wish Revit was a combination of Advanced Steel and Revit. Even thou this is not the best practice for this type of software, our new users are adjusting to new techniques and practices based on Revit and BIM modeling.

Reason for choosing Revit

We choose Revit based on timeframe to train employees and complexity of other software's for our needs.

Reviewed December 2022

Very good design software

Its exactly 2 years that I use revit for my bridge and road projects

PROS

Révit is for the best in all the 3d design of bridges and roads. Easily adaptable for bridge and pavement engineers and what makes it exceptional is the fact that you can import a bridge designed on Infrawork to relive without worry; it adheres easily

CONS

Revit is very very complex to use unlike other 3D design software and 2D revit is too hard to master. It takes a lot of training time to master this software

Reason for choosing Revit

I opted to relive because despite its complexity to use it remains the best for road projects especially

Sam

Reviewed August 2023

Revit

It has been a super fun learning curve but also very aggravating at times.

PROS

There is an enormous amount of potential with Revit to make your company stay ahead of competition with prefabrication.

CONS

This is the most complicated program I have ever used in my life. It will take many years to master the program and at least a year to just know how to simply draw.

Reasons for switching to Revit

REVIT is the way everyone is going for 3D models.

Akaninyene

Reviewed September 2022

Revit

It enables you to use one app to accomplish the work that would usually be allotted to multiple app users, which speeds up the work and requires less staff to use.

PROS

The ease of use even with minimal tutorial especially if you already have a knowledge of autoCad .

CONS

The rendering quality is not all that great compared to other apps of the same kind

Ease of use

Reasons for switching to Revit

The ability to easily create 3d designs and 2d designs at the same time without spending extra time and money.

Carmen

Reviewed September 2022

Intern Review

I love Revit! It made my life easier when preparing Construction Documents.

PROS

I love how easy it is to coordinate with other team member. Also, it is helpful when trying to avoid mistakes since elements are related and changes in one view will update other relates views.

CONS

I think Revit is a complex tool and it can be difficult and expensive to implement in companies.

Reasons for switching to Revit

Revit is widely use because more than drafting it retains the project information, allows collaboration, and helps to avoid mistakes in the plans.

Emdad

Reviewed November 2021

I like Revit 2021

It's an excellent program.

PROS

You don't need to use any other drawing programs if you learn how to use it. I started to use Revit in 2015, and I was witnessed how the improvement implemented in most of the Revit features. Recently, Autodesk has been improved an energy analysis model feature to suit the 2030 plan of reducing carbon emission to zero.

CONS

Need to improve in structural analysis modeling.

Reasons for switching to Revit

More features that allow me to see my modelling in 3d view.

Nayeemullah

Education Management, 501-1,000 employees

Reviewed February 2023

Revit: The Pros and Cons of Using This Powerful BIM Software

Revit is a powerful tool for building design and construction, but its complexity and cost may make it less suitable for individual users or smaller firms. Its collaborative capabilities and advanced visualization tools can be particularly useful for larger, more complex projects.

PROS

Integrated design: Revit allows users to create a single, integrated model that incorporates all aspects of a building project, including the architectural, structural, and MEP (Mechanical, Electrical, and Plumbing) systems. This can help ensure that all elements of the project are coordinated and work together seamlessly.Collaborative: Revit enables teams to work together in real-time, making it easy to share and collaborate on project files.Robust visualization: Revit provides advanced visualization tools that allow users to create detailed, high-quality 3D models and renderings of their designs. This can be useful for both design and presentation purposes.

CONS

Steep learning curve: Revit can be difficult to learn, particularly for users who are new to BIM software or have no experience with 3D modeling.Expensive: Revit is a professional-grade software and can be quite expensive, particularly for individual users or small firms.Revit requires a powerful computer with a dedicated graphics card to run smoothly.

Alma

Construction, 1 employee

Reviewed July 2021

Start in the field of 3D modelling and projects of larger scale and complexity.

It's a great software, and it's one of the programs I've used and still use the most in architecture. It has everything you need for the realisation of a project and you just come to love it the more you learn and use it. If you get to use it enough you will start to feel that you don't need any other software to work with, but you should always keep in mind that there are complementary programs that will make the use of the program even easier and you shouldn't close yourself to the idea that it is bad to make use of them even if Revit can do it. In general it is a program that is constantly updated and really adapts to the evolution of architecture and the complexity of it; and it plans to continue to do so for many years to come.

PROS

Both its platform, as well as tools and the extensive work capacity that can be performed on it, as well as the comfort and ease of navigating a project from zero to the completion of final renders. From 2D plans to 3D modelling in all aspects, it is simply an amazing tool. As well as its extreme compatibility with other software not only from the Autodesk family, makes it one of the best programs for architecture and other areas.

CONS

Although it is "easy" to use, it can take you a lot of time to get used to it, it is one of the programmes that sometimes I still have to look for tutorials on how to use its tools even if I have been using it for all the years of my degree and part of my working life. Once you understand the basics it becomes common to say that it is "easy" to use, but it does take a great deal of time and patience not to get lost or make common mistakes that may or may not be fixable.

501-1,000 employees

Reviewed September 2021

Best BIM Product

I have been using Revit since last 3 years for modeling MEP services, producing shop drawings and quality take off. I use Revit to create a model which is used for clash coordination review in Navisworks. Revit saves lots of time in compare with other software as has many time saving and automation features.

PROS

It is the best drafting and 3D modeling software that I have used so far which have great features. The best part is that it is a multi user worksharing software by the help of which your whole team can work on a single project. You just need to save the file as central file. You can make a template and save it and use it anytime when your start a protect so that you not need to set the project standards like text font, leaders, dimensions style, layout etc each time. Just you can open the template and start working. Last but not the list, revit allows you to create different parameter for the object that helps to add necessary information of the object. The information provided can be extracted by help of scheduling. I will highly recommend to start practicing this software as it is going to be the future of AEC industry.

CONS

The only cons I have got about Revit is the it uses a lot of memory to run smoothly. One can only use Revit in effectively and smoothly if he/she have high configuration systems.

Luiz Fernando