All Gumlet Reviews

Manish

Information Technology and Services, 2-10 employees

Reviewed December 2023

An awesome video delivery experience & reduced buffering

Overal the video delivery is ultrafast and amazing optimization capabilities. Getting improved video delivery performance, reduced buffering, and enhanced user experience with it's player.

PROS

The best thing I loved is the easy controls and superb speed(no buffering). The customer support is amazing and understands our needs. We integrated with S3.

CONS

The docs about S3 should be detailed. Other than that I feel there's no cons.

Reasons for switching to Gumlet

The major problem was buffering issues at BunnyCDN.

Hi Manish, Thanks a ton for the awesome review! We're thrilled you love the easy controls and our amazing customer support. Noted on the S3 docs—we'll work on providing more detailed information. Happy Streaming!

Max

Marketing and Advertising, 2-10 employees

Reviewed November 2023

Best vimeo replacement

I must admit, I was initially skeptical about Gumlet. Over the years, I've tried numerous tools to streamline and optimize my video content, but always found myself reverting back to Vimeo. However, my experience with Gumlet has completely changed my perspective. The first thing that caught my eye was Gumlet's comprehensive suite of features. Unlike many other platforms I've previously used, Gumlet provides all the necessary tools that I've been searching for. It's the first service that has been able to successfully replace Vimeo for me. One of the standout features is the video player. The design is sleek, visually appealing, and most importantly, customizable, allowing me to tailor the look and feel of the player to suit my needs. This level of customization is something I've struggled to find elsewhere. Another huge plus is Gumlet's ability to bulk-process videos, a feature that, surprisingly, is still not available on Vimeo. This has significantly improved my workflow, saving me valuable time and effort. However, the main selling point for me has to be the speed at which videos load across all devices. I've found this to be a common issue amongst many video hosting platforms, but not with Gumlet. Regardless of the device, my videos load quickly and smoothly, greatly enhancing the user experience. In summary, my experience with Gumlet has been overwhelmingly positive. I've been incredibly satisfied with the all-round service provided and would highly recommend it to anyone in need of a robust, reliable, and efficient video hosting solution.

PROS

bulk edit your videos very fast streaming great looking player

CONS

bandwidth of 2TB is not that much. This could be higher for the growth plan.

too expensive bandwidth, if you need more than 2TB

Hi Max, Thanks a ton for your detailed and positive feedback! We're delighted to hear that Gumlet has proven to be the best Vimeo replacement for you. Noted on your feedback about the bandwidth limit, I want to share that we are actively working on adding more bandwidth to our plans to accommodate your needs better. We're thrilled that Gumlet's comprehensive features, customizable player, bulk-processing capabilities, and speedy video loading have significantly improved your workflow and user experience. It's fantastic to have you with us after switching from Vimeo, and we're committed to providing a robust, reliable, and efficient video hosting solution. Happy Streaming!

Wallace

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 1 employee

Great video hosting platform

I’ve been employing it for roughly a week, and it’s performing admirably. The user interface is appealing and remarkably user-friendly. The embedded videos are incredibly swift, with no delay or buffering whatsoever

PROS

Gumlet functions as a video hosting and optimization platform, addressing issues related to video hosting. It provides a unique feature that lets users craft a personalized video player, complete with custom colors and logos, thereby improving user interaction.

CONS

There is a learning curve required to understand all the functionally

Thank you for your valuable feedback, Wallace! We're thrilled to hear that Gumlet has proven to be a great video hosting and optimization platform for you. We understand that there might be a learning curve to fully grasp all the functionalities, and we appreciate your patience as you explore the platform. We're delighted that you've been enjoying a smooth experience with Gumlet's user-friendly interface and swift video playback. If you have any questions or need further assistance as you continue to use Gumlet, our support team is here to help. Thank you for choosing Gumlet as your video hosting solution. Happy Streaming!

Michael S

Government Relations, 1,001-5,000 employees

Reviewed December 2023

Experience seamless video hosting with Gumlet - a must-have platform for content creators

Not everyone needs the Gumlet, but those who use it will immediately gain the tools it to make your business more professional. In addition to video hosting, Gumlet provides detailed analytics tools that offer insights into audience demographics, watch time, and engagement metrics. Creators can use this data to refine their content strategy and better understand their audience. But the best reason to invest in Gumlet is to protect your videos from unauthorized downloading - and protecting your intellectual property. Gumlet's user privacy and data security tools are strong measures to protect your videos from going viral. A great choice for us content creators.

PROS

So the question is why should you use Gumlet to host your video instead of using YouTube or Vimeo or other free ad sponsored services? It comes down to taking your business to the next level. I am new to Gumlet platform — I needed something better for hosting my short videos to my clients without obstructive ads and better analytics. What won me is the easy to use platform - and the tools — so many tools to deliver high-quality video to my clients - no hassles. I especially liked the video resolution choices, high streaming quality, and upload speed of my content. Bottom line the user-friendly interface and high-quality streaming options make Gumlet an ideal platform for us content creators and creatives.

CONS

The upload process takes a bit of acclimation. It's a bit intimidating at first -- I wish we had two levels - normal and expert -- and I wish we had more options once the video is live.

Hi Micheal, Thank you for sharing your experience with Gumlet! It's fantastic to hear that our easy-to-use platform has made a positive impact on your content delivery. Your mention of our user privacy and data security measures is appreciated, underlining our commitment to protecting your intellectual property. Your feedback on the upload process and additional options for live videos are duly noted—we're always working on improvements. Happy Streaming!

Reviewed August 2023

Affordable Video Hosting with Many Features

I utilize Gumlet for hosting videos related to my business. I am genuinely amazed by its exceptionally fast loading times. It provides unmatched reliability, affording me the flexibility to either incorporate these videos into my business website or establish a separate channel that matches my specific goals. Additionally, the feature of creating chapters greatly improves the quality of my videos.

PROS

Gumlet provides a reliable and economical option for video storage, posing as a competitive substitute to platforms such as YouTube or Vimeo. Furthermore, it allows you to select your desired video processing resolution, enhancing its appeal. It boasts impressive playback speeds and the inclusion of DRM ensures the security of your videos.

CONS

Having more customization choices for the channel's homepage and a selection of theme options would be advantageous. The user dashboard's interface could be improved for simpler navigation. The need for a separate Apple Fairplay subscription for DRM is unfortunate.

Reason for choosing Gumlet

I chose Gumlet over Vimeo because of long-term cost considerations. I also chose Gumlet over Adilo because of a terrible customer service experience I had with them.

Hello there, Thanks for sharing your positive experience with Gumlet! We're delighted to hear that you find our platform reliable, economical, and a great substitute for other hosting platforms. We value your feedback on customization options for the channel's homepage and theme choices, as well as the interface of the user dashboard. We're always working on improvements, and your insights contribute to enhancing the Gumlet experience. We're sorry to hear about your previous customer service experience with another platform, and we're here to provide you with the best support possible. If you have any more suggestions or questions, feel free to reach out. We're here to ensure your video hosting needs are met seamlessly. Thank you for choosing Gumlet!

Reviewed August 2023

Gumlet Video Review

I optimize my storage space on online course platforms and membership sites by utilizing Gumlet Video for hosting videos.

PROS

I really appreciate the clean UI and smooth UX. There is no clutter, all features are appropriate and valuable. The DRM features offer extra security for my course and membership videos.

CONS

So far, I am happy with everything I have experienced with Gumlet Video.

Reason for choosing Gumlet

I chose the enhanced security options because they were better and worth the cost.

Reasons for switching to Gumlet

The DRM features were very appealing and offered for a similar cost to my existing provider, with limited security options.

Hello, Thanks a bunch for sharing your thoughts on Gumlet Video! We're thrilled to hear that you appreciate the clean UI and smooth UX – simplicity and effectiveness are at the core of our design philosophy. We're committed to offering valuable features that optimize your storage space and enhance your overall experience. If you ever have more feedback or questions, don't hesitate to reach out. We're here to support you in making your video hosting seamless and secure. Happy Streaming!

Reviewed June 2023

Vimeo & Youtube Alternative

Fantastic it does everything it promises to do and more. I think there is tremendous value and use case for any brands or companies that want to fully control the entire process.

PROS

I love the branding and private hosting that comes alongside the intellectual property protection

CONS

I think like any new platform the onboarding can be improved as far as the learning curve is concerned. The [sensitive content hidden] is commited to improving this.

Reason for choosing Gumlet

Loom doesn't have the intellectual property safe guarding that Gumlet has.

Reasons for switching to Gumlet

The tool provide more bang for your buck and the value and overall tool is superb

Chumphon

Marketing and Advertising, 11-50 employees

Reviewed November 2023

Gumlet is the perfect powerhouse for businesses of all shapes and sizes.

PROS

Easy to use Lots of features Good customer support Affordable pricing

CONS

No video review feature same as frame.io or vimeo.

Reasons for switching to Gumlet

Gumlet has more features than Vimeo. Video embedded email this is the key feature that I've changed from Vimeo to Gumlet.

Hi Chumphon, Thanks for your positive feedback! We're thrilled to hear that Gumlet is the perfect powerhouse for businesses. We appreciate your comments, and we're continually working to enhance our features. Noted on the video review feature feedback. We're honored to have you with us after making the switch from Vimeo. Happy Streaming!

Saghir

Architecture & Planning, 2-10 employees

Reviewed July 2023

Best for video hosting and sharing

Gumlet helps us control and manage our video assets in one place and embed them on multiple websites.

PROS

The ease of use. We use Gumlet to store and stream our video assets across multiple websites

CONS

The UI can be sometimes difficult to navigate

Reasons for switching to Gumlet

Squarespace has limited storage for video after which they charge a high premium for additional storage. The videos stored are limited to the Squarespace website

Reviewed July 2023

Total no brainer - professional Video delivery for small scale users

All the features that Hollywood uses to protect their content available for the everyday small scale user - CDN is great, but Gumlet goes above and beyond to protect content from theft, in an era where resellers make a quick buck off someone elses's effort.

PROS

CDN is great - but the encryption, DRM, and dynamic watermark are superb. For a fair price, you get industry-grade protection and total control of your content.

CONS

There's no auto-offloading content from Wordpress/Learndash into Gumlet. Means everything has to be uploaded into Gumlet then embedded. No big deal, it's the same thing you'd do with Wistia.

Reasons for switching to Gumlet

Price & features. Gumlet provides far more functions than the big name video hosts.

Brian

Marketing and Advertising, 1 employee

Video Management Made Easy

Gumlet is allowing to me to better manage time by processing bulk videos, manage branding and create thumbnails all inside of the platform without having to jus through hoops and multiple tools to get a video published fast.

PROS

The fact that I am able to manage branding using collections and process video in bulk is the reason I am here.

CONS

I would love to be able to better customize the CTA options. honestly, this might be a user issue as I didn't spend much time on that feature.

Reason for choosing Gumlet

Bulk upload video processing was huge for me

Hello Brian, We're thrilled to hear that Gumlet is making video management easier for you! It's great to know that the ability to manage branding using collections and process videos in bulk is a key advantage for your workflow. We appreciate your feedback on the CTA options, and we're always looking for ways to improve our platform. If you ever decide to explore more features or have specific requests, feel free to reach out. We're here to help. Thank you for choosing Gumlet, and we hope to continue providing you with a seamless video management experience. Happy Streaming!

Sushant

Alternative Medicine, 2-10 employees

One of the Best Video Hosting and Management Platform

Overall I'm happy with the platform and its performance.

PROS

What I loved is they support 4k video streaming as well!DRMSecurityGenerous BandwidthAll this at an affordable pricing

CONS

They should provide more options for branding.

Reasons for switching to Gumlet

The customer support at Gumlet is far better. Platform is more stable.

Janet

Professional Training & Coaching, 2-10 employees

Used monthly for less than 6 months

Glad I Found Gumlet!

Great! I am satisfied with the product and support.

PROS

Freedom to host and delivery my content without restriction. Ability to restrict bad actors from unauthorized downloads. Quality of video is good and customer support is responsive.

CONS

Getting my hands around the system because I am new to the concept of video hosting outside of mainstream platforms. However, customer support is quite responsive in assisting me through the process

Reason for choosing Gumlet

Product features and functionality served my purpose and I tested support before purchase and I was satisfied.

Reasons for switching to Gumlet

Better quality videos, privacy and protection of my content from bad actors. I needed more control over my content.

Hi J, Thanks a bunch for your positive feedback! We're delighted you found Gumlet and that it provides the freedom you need for hosting and delivering your content. We appreciate your understanding as you get acquainted with the system. Our responsive customer support is always here to assist you through the process. Happy Streaming!

Shailendra Kumar

E-Learning, 2-10 employees

High-Quality, Customizable Video Hosting & Streaming Solution

The pricing is highly competitive. Superb Video Optimization makes it a Diamond and no problem of video buffering I faced so far. Video analysis is here to track the performance of my videos. I am fully satisfied with all it.So I am confident to say that with its impressive array of features, Gumlet is certainly a worthy product for all our video hosting requirements.

PROS

I have used it for more than 9 months extensively and my experience has been fantastic. So far I have found Gumlet to be a reliable and efficient video hosting and streaming service.Mostly I love its video encryption features includes DRM Protection, Password Protection, Dynamic Watermark, Signed URL, Geo-Blocking. Video upload speed is quiet fast and it take less time to be available to watch.

CONS

I feel that as Gumlet utilizes various terminologies, such as profiles and collections, within its user interface, while these terms are commonplace for experienced users but they may pose a slight challenge for beginners who are new to the platform.

Thank you for sharing your detailed feedback, Shailendra! We're delighted to hear about your fantastic experience with Gumlet. It's great to know that the video encryption features, including DRM Protection, Password Protection, Dynamic Watermark, Signed URL, and Geo-Blocking, have met your requirements. The fast upload speed, efficient availability of videos, and competitive pricing are certainly key factors for a positive video hosting experience. We appreciate your input regarding the terminology used in the user interface. Your feedback is valuable, and we'll consider ways to enhance the user experience, especially for beginners. Thank you for choosing Gumlet as your preferred video hosting solution over Adilo. We're thrilled to have you on board and look forward to continuing to meet and exceed your expectations. Happy Streaming!

Zahid

E-Learning, 1 employee

Efficient and Reliable Video Hosting Platform, Gumlet

I utilize Gumlet to create personalized videos for my students, and I find this video hosting platform to be exceptional for several reasons. One significant advantage is that Gumlet utilizes its own Content Delivery Network (CDN), which ensures that my website's performance remains unaffected. By creating engaging videos and sharing them with my students through my website, Gumlet proves to be an invaluable tool in facilitating the process of both learning and growing. Overall, I have a very good experience with it.

PROS

I find Gumlet's video hosting platform to be much more user-friendly. It allows users to efficiently manage, optimize, and deliver videos on their websites or applications. The tool has various features to help videos load quickly and play smoothly on different devices and network conditions. These features include video compression, resizing, and adaptive streaming. I am a teacher and I have found this tool very useful.

CONS

While no product can be flawless, my experience with Gumlet has been highly positive. If I were to suggest an area for improvement, it would be enhancing the comprehensive data on video performance and other metrics. By improving the availability and depth of these metrics, users can make more informed decisions to further optimize their video strategy.

Thank you, Zahid, for sharing your positive experience with Gumlet! We're thrilled to hear that our video hosting platform has been efficient and reliable for managing, optimizing, and delivering videos in an educational context. Your feedback regarding the enhancement of comprehensive data on video performance is valuable. We appreciate your suggestion, and we're continuously working to improve our platform based on user insights. If you have any more feedback or if there's anything specific you'd like to see in the future, feel free to let us know. We're here to support your video hosting needs. Happy Streaming!

Cees

Internet, 1 employee

Reviewed July 2023

Gumlet! Me an my clients are happy

First we start with a video call and everything is explained. Good support! After that I have try it. After using a couple of months I am happy

PROS

Incredible fast and easy to use. Embedding is easy.

CONS

In the beginning there where different options for format. Now I understand and that is a big Pros

The best!

Reasons for switching to Gumlet

Gumlet is fast and in development!

That's fantastic to hear, Cees! It's great to know that you and your clients are happy with Gumlet's speed, ease of use, and support. If you ever have more thoughts to share or need assistance, feel free to reach out. Happy Streaming!

Torsten

E-Learning, 2-10 employees

Reviewed July 2023

Great Products from an established company

I am very happy with the image optimization service and Video hosting / streaming!

PROS

Good Image Optimization quality and global reach through the cdn.Video hosting and streaming with DRM possibility.

CONS

Backend could get improved. Video management is yet not that easy for larger amounts of videos.

Eric