All Buddy Reviews

Doug

Mechanical or Industrial Engineering, 51 - 200 employees

Used less than 2 years

Reviewed August 2021

A must-have automation tool for the non-IT professional

Naing Aung

E-Learning, 11-50 employees

Reviewed October 2022

Buddy Works as a Continuous Integration tool

Buddy has been a huge help in our organization's engineering team by fail-safe builds.

PROS

Buddy has the most convenient CI/CD and deployment functionalities. It's web-UI based work flow builder really stands out and helps beginner mobile devs to easily use continuous integration.

CONS

Buddy's Pro plan doesn't really suffice for memory-hungry builds. Especially in android builds, I felt it's 3GB Ram for Pro plan isn't really close to what we need. Builds would usually fail due to memory issues, no matter how optimized the pipeline is

Reasons for switching to Buddy

Pricing in Buddy was more negotiable

Computer Software, 2-10 employees

Buddy Works

It just works. With very little setup and maintenance the solution just works. Features are intuitive, controls are plenty, and the UI is beautiful. I started with the free self-hosted version, and have continued with both the cloud and self-hosted on various teams. The various price points are great for getting the entire Git workflow organized for your team.

PROS

- The filesystem access to debug builds and their artifacts - The Dockerized containers for each action that share the filesystem - The many ready to go actions that can be added to any pipeline - The ability to have multiple pipelines running on a given project - The ability to tag and organize repositories into folders

CONS

- Requires a lot of memory for the self-hosted variant - Inability to use slashes to group repositories under namespaces

Reason for choosing Buddy

Better UI, simpler setup, self-hosted version, price.

Reasons for switching to Buddy

Price and the self-hosted version.

Grzegorz

Reviewed December 2019

Buddy is very simple in use soft

I

PROS

* very easy to use * new pipeline config is very simple * multiple integrations * on-premise plan * options for pipelines discribed in yaml files or we can just click it one after another * after registration its ready to work

CONS

* complicated build are failing randomly (with multiple additional serwices) without logs - cannot investigate why. It occurs as on machine on 20G memory as also on 60G (guys are working on that) * no integrations for output parsing (ex. junit is not parsed) only raw output * limit of 4 additional services (ex. mysql) per pipeline action (I've already reached the limit and I need add some more services in near future) * if using yaml config, its extremely easy to unintentionaly break pipeline for example having conflicts with merge on feature branch. Would be great if we could have an option for securing pipelines to read only from concrete branches (for ex. master and pipeline-dev),

Josh

Computer Software, 2-10 employees

Indispensable tool

PROS

We used DeployBot for the longest time but we just had so many inexplicable issues and frustratingly timed downtime along with slow response times. Buddy has wiped the floor on all of these points. It takes a much more user focussed approach to deployment, giving you all the bits and pieces needed to construct a deployment/build system exactly how you need it. The way DB dictated a build system to us previously worked OK for us, but with Buddy you can achieve the same approach and so much more (or less if needed) just by virtue of it giving you complete control over every step. If you wanted to you could use it for other kinds of automation based on repos, for example we have a repo used for running checks on a live Magento database where data issues are not entirely uncommon — this pipeline runs checks there and notifies us if it finds something wrong. Love Buddy, and we'll never be looking back.

CONS

There are some minor edge case features I'd like to see, it doesn't tick every single possible box, but this is really so minor as whatever I'm referring to can be achieved somehow with thought.

Reasons for switching to Buddy

Had many unexplained and anomalous issues with DeployBot, I think mainly due to it's closed down approach to build pipelines.

SriKrishna Prakash

Computer Software, 10,000+ employees

Reviewed March 2023

Buddy is DevOps Buddy

This is a good tool for devops but requires few flexibility of using multiple code repo urls in a project, able to create pipeline automatedly selected branches. Plugins for Liquibase, soanrqube servers etc

PROS

The feature of defining actions and customize the actions based on the requirement. Switching on and off of the actions of a pipeline. When error occurred, correcting the issues and continue to run the pipeline.Parameter action and custom actions help to achieve what we want. Integration with third party tools like ACR, Synk- etc

CONS

Selecting only one code repo for a project.

Reasons for switching to Buddy

Ease of use and creating pipeline and configurable customized actions for pipeline

Rodrigo

Financial Services, 51-200 employees

Powerful tool

I was responsible to always compare the code before applying on production and BuddyWorks allows me to save time every day. Your interface is beautiful and easy to use. With a few clicks, you can create powerful pipelines.

PROS

BuddyWorks allows us to create useful pipeline. You can even pipeline with approbation and testing.

CONS

Maybe some aspects of the interface. The cards from each project are too big. If these cards would be smaller I could see all my projects and groups without scrolling the windows.

Reason for choosing Buddy

I choose BuddyWorks because it is easier to use and I didn't need to know much about infrastructure.

Yilmar

Computer Software, 201-500 employees

Reviewed November 2022

Buddy is the best deployment tool

I really love this product it makes my life easy.

PROS

I like a lot the easy way to configure projects and create pipelines to deploy my application in different environments.

CONS

I think they should create most documentation.

Reason for choosing Buddy

Usability and because it's a cloud based application and I don't need to worried about infrastructure management.

Sam

Reviewed October 2022

The underdog of CI/CD

Fantastic product, support is top-notch. Definately wouldn't consider going anywhere else.

PROS

Buddy introduces a very easy to use GUI, rather than composing the YAML file manually. I really like how you can see the progress through the steps, when running a pipeline. This also is worth its weight in gold when it comes to debugging a step or process.

CONS

I do feel like the paid plans could be more flexible, maybe add the ability to mix add-ons to plans. For example, adding more projects to a plan or more minutes to allowance. I am pretty frugal and don't like to pay for something if I don't have to. However this is definately worth the investment.

Reasons for switching to Buddy

Small learning curve and the easy to use GUI.

Patrick

Reviewed December 2019

Awesome DevOps tools with great flexibility

Great customer support when I started using it, I got guided through a few complex setup steps. When I first started playing with it to feasibility test I had a really complex approach, further reading into the docs allowed me to build a single 5 action pipeline that eliminated approximately 15 manual touch points on the previously deployment process we had.

PROS

This is ridiculously easy to use and build very complex pipelines for CI deployments. It has saved huge amounts of dev ops time for use and allows for some quite niche commands to run when we trigger deployments.

CONS

Nothing really, I think the price points are very fair for the time it saves, they have a good response rate to support requests and are helpful.

Reason for choosing Buddy

I really dig the clean UI, it's very easy to play around with and gets super simple to use in no time at all.

Levi

Reviewed May 2019

Great investment

PROS

- Sexy UI - Works beautifully - Less stress and time spent on deployments

CONS

A few UI quirks here and there, but that's not really a con.

Reason for choosing Buddy

Used previously in another role, and loved it from the beginning

Peter

Computer Software, 1 employee

Reviewed January 2023

Comprehensive and User-Friendly: A Review of Buddy.works' Features

Buddy.works is a comprehensive and user-friendly software that offers a wide range of features for continuous delivery and continuous development. It can automate the process of building, testing, and deploying NodeJS applications to cloud instances. The pipeline management feature in Buddy.works allows for easy creation and management of multiple pipelines, streamlining the development process. By integrating with popular version control systems like Git, Buddy.works allows for easy management of code changes and collaboration with team members. Additionally, it can be integrated with cloud providers like AWS, GCP, and Azure to deploy the NodeJS apps on the cloud instances. Overall, Buddy.works is a great tool for automating the software development process, specifically for NodeJS apps deployment on cloud instances with CI/CD.

PROS

Buddy.works is a comprehensive and user-friendly software that offers a wide range of features for continuous delivery, pipeline management, and continuous development. One of the things I liked most about the software is its ability to automate the delivery process, making it easy to deploy updates and new features to users. The pipeline management feature is also very impactful, allowing users to easily create and manage multiple pipelines, streamlining the development process. The software is also very easy to use, with a user-friendly interface and a comprehensive set of tools for continuous development. Additionally, integration with existing business processes was a breeze, thanks to the software's robust integration capabilities with a wide range of third-party tools and services.

CONS

As a user of Buddy.works, I found that one of the cons of the software is the lack of flexibility in customizing the pipeline management feature. While it's easy to create and manage multiple pipelines, I would have liked more options for customizing and adapting the pipelines to my specific needs. Additionally, I found that the user interface can be a bit overwhelming at times, with multiple menus and options that can be difficult to navigate. I also felt that some features, such as configuration management, could be improved to provide more detailed and granular control. However, despite these cons, I found that integration with my existing business processes was relatively easy and the software provided a comprehensive set of tools for continuous development.

Cesar

E-Learning, 11-50 employees

Easy deployments

We use Buddy Works to deploy new updates of LMS-kind software to our development and production servers in real-time

PROS

This service is a beast, from the way you start configuring your pipeline from an existing repository and all the available actions to the fully specified real-time log of the executed actions, the ability to clone existing pipelines and the analytics provided and the possibility to rollback

CONS

The only thing that we didn't like was the quantity of projects that you can have in the free version but that doesn't justify the overall quality of the service

User-friendly implementation

Julien

Music, 2-10 employees

Reviewed June 2023

Best product for CI/CD

Wonderful

PROS

The easy way we can set-up a pipeline to deploy products (api, smartphone apps, website)It take 10x less time than on other platforms

CONS

The price and the lack of visibility about account consumption

More easy to set up

Lachlan

Reviewed December 2023

Simple and quick

PROS

Buddy works really well for our organization. The no-config pipelines make setting things up super easy and save us a ton of time. The platform has all the features we need for deployment and testing—it's got everything covered. Plus, it integrates seamlessly with AWS, which is exactly what we were looking for. I highly recommend it for anyone who needs a quick and easy deployment suite.

CONS

Sometimes our development processes fail unexpectedly, likely a system layer problem beyond our access. Luckily, these issues tend to fix themselves after a while. The challenge is that when we need help from customer service, they're in a different time zone, making the problem-solving process slower.

Marcus

Online Media, 11-50 employees

Reviewed November 2022

Easy to use without sacrificing features

We are currently migrating a lot of old delivery services that were missing pipeline support, and on the projects we have moved we have saved a lot of time and money when we don't have to handle merge conflicts on files that should be built on deployment anyway.

PROS

I love that it's easy to set up our pipelines, but it's also easy to understand how the pipelines are set up so teaching my colleagues on how to use this has been just as simple.

CONS

None at this moment, there are times when you wish an action were available but the ones I was thinking about have already been implemented.

Jose

Reviewed December 2019

Ease of use and reliability

PROS

Buddy.works has made our deployment process a lot faster and easier.

CONS

Would like a way to group projects together.

Reasons for switching to Buddy

DeployBot was unreliable and more expensive.